LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2012, 05:50 AM   #1951
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/work in progress/140?
WOE: LC/HCG
Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Oh Deb, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. My prayers for her, her family and you all..her close friends. I pray she has peace and as less pain as possible...cancer is horrible. Gracie, prayers for your friend too.

Deb, hope you're able to get the mental health break you so need. Glad to hear you're letting others step in and help with your mom. I know this has to be a difficult time for you all with memories of your father..he's with you in spirit, always.

Thanks for the info about the supplements...it's truly the head hunger of wanting to eat other stuff, not actual hunger, that's the challenge. Oh well, guess we're learning now how to make better choices mentally.

I hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving if I don't get to come back here before then.
Thank you Shari, I appreciate your kind words.. I am definately going to just give it to God this week... I can't do anything about what is happening around me, but I get peace in my mind and heart..

I had a wonderful day yesterday. I relaxed as much as possible then got up and started cleaning my kitchen! IT NEEDED IT!!! .. It also felt good to get my blood pumping and movement. It made my mood better.

I also had a wonderful day eating wise. I read up on the Atkins site for induction, and decided what the heck, I am going to do ONE DAY AT A TIME, of eating the 12-15 net carb of veges and the rest in other things on the list.

I have such resistance to RULES... However, I said one day won't hurt to try it. I peeked at the scale after my on plan day and lost another 2.8 pounds!! WHAT???????????

Anyway, it gave me enough encouragement to do it again today. I will just see how it goes. I am not committing to more than this 6 days, but if I am feeling good, and doing well, I may continue for a bit, then move up the ladder the way I probably should have done it before..

I am loving the supplements Shari, and you are 100% correct in saying the only real hunger is head hunger... It is amazing how our minds just think it wants something, and it must have it! I have decided one moment at a time, that I am not going to listen to that .... stubborn! ..

Have a great day all, I am going to clean more, move more, and think of fun veges I like to eat in a different way. Well along with my favorite meats of course!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2012, 06:03 AM   #1952

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/199.2/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Good morning Deb I think you're going to do fantastic on low-carb Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family
Old 11-21-2012, 06:47 AM   #1953

Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Whole Foods. No Sugar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Thanks Meek, trying to think positive about all things this week...

I am taking Natrol brand of the resveratrol. No headaches or any kind of problems so far. The caps are much bigger than the ptero for sure, but don't bother me. I take 2 of those and 1 Ptero every morning... works like a charm for me!!!

The resveratrol is less than half the price of the ptero. So I felt like I could try them together without going broke!

Have a wonderful evening also!
Thanks. I saw some resv. tablets for $7.99 on Netrition's site. I think they are the dissolvable kind. I might try them . I took a dose of ptero today. I hope it doesn't cause my bp to drop too low.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving .
Old 11-21-2012, 07:00 AM   #1954

Wow, I just noticed that Natrol has A LOT of supps I'm interested in taking . I think Netrition is my new drug store, lol.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:42 AM   #1955

Quote:
Originally Posted by @iamMeekness View Post
Wow, I just noticed that Natrol has A LOT of supps I'm interested in taking . I think Netrition is my new drug store, lol.
Me too!.. they do have lots of goodies.. For me, it does not affect my BP, but some it does. I know you are on meds, so please watch it!

I am trying to figure out lunch today, and just am not hungry!!! YAY!
Old 11-21-2012, 07:43 AM   #1956

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
Good morning Deb I think you're going to do fantastic on low-carb Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family
Morning Gracie!! Thank you for the good wishes, and I hope you enjoy your family time also!! Happy Thanksgiviing!
Old 11-22-2012, 01:54 PM   #1957

Stuck to my plan today, no problems at all!!! Less than 20 carbs before the day is over... I can hardly believe how easy it is....... mind over matter.. I swear..
Old 11-23-2012, 07:39 AM   #1958

I am upping my carbs today, not waiting, I feel like crappola. No idea why, yesterday was EASY... but I feel bloated and yuck. This happened before when I got too low on Carbs. So to feel better, back to 50 net by the end of the weekend. For some reason as we get older, or ME, the very very low carbs just don't work well for me.

Kinda sad because I was losing well, but when I start to feel bloated, I know something is not right with MY body. I know it all too well.

Ok, so that is about it. No Black Friday for me! I am relaxing today... hope all are doing well!
Old 11-24-2012, 06:37 AM   #1959

WHEWWWW feel better today. Raised my carbs to net 50 and what a difference in how I felt. I don't have any idea why I feel bad on really low carbs? I wonder if it has anything to do with Thyroid, or other things hormonal in the old bod.

Anyway, yesterday was much better and now I know where I should be on the carb scale. Yep, I won't lose weight as quickly, but If I have to feel bad doing it, something is not right.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Thanksgiving weeekend!!
Old 11-24-2012, 12:34 PM   #1960

:A few pics from my nephews Renissance? Wedding .. an interesting way to get married!... Mom was only in the wheelchair because they did a lot of walking and her new hip is a bit sore..

Oh and the "busty wenches" are my sisters...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg danielswedding.jpg (46.0 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg danielswedding5.jpg (79.0 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg danielswedding2.jpg (54.8 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg danielswedding3.jpg (45.2 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by Deb294evr; 11-24-2012 at 12:39 PM..
Old 11-26-2012, 09:48 AM   #1961

not much new today, except my Mom's medical bills were reduced by 98% from what she was faced with... oh lord what a blessing that is!!!
Old 11-26-2012, 10:30 AM   #1962
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/161.6/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:
WHEWWWW feel better today. Raised my carbs to net 50 and what a difference in how I felt. I don't have any idea why I feel bad on really low carbs? I wonder if it has anything to do with Thyroid, or other things hormonal in the old bod.

Anyway, yesterday was much better and now I know where I should be on the carb scale. Yep, I won't lose weight as quickly, but If I have to feel bad doing it, something is not right.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Thanksgiving weeekend!!
Yes! I've noticed this too! I can't do VLC for too long or I feel awful. My temps drop too. I do think it's thyroid related. I can drop them for a day or 2, but as a lifestyle need to stay around 50+ too. Glad you're feeling better! Thanks for the pics. What a great idea, so cute! Sorry to ask, but which one are you? I haven't seen too many pics of you lately, but the last one was in your avi and w. your dd I think. Are you sporting that cute bob? I thought you had longer hair?
Old 11-26-2012, 10:35 AM   #1963

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Yes! I've noticed this too! I can't do VLC for too long or I feel awful. My temps drop too. I do think it's thyroid related. I can drop them for a day or 2, but as a lifestyle need to stay around 50+ too. Glad you're feeling better! Thanks for the pics. What a great idea, so cute! Sorry to ask, but which one are you? I haven't seen too many pics of you lately, but the last one was in your avi and w. your dd I think. Are you sporting that cute bob? I thought you had longer hair?
Thanks Julie! No, I am not in the pics... I avoid them like the plague right now... ugh... You are right, my hair is long, in fact VERY long. Probably overdue for a cut, but not short, I don't have a face for short hair..

I agree, I think it is Thyroid related, but I felt SO BAD on Thanksgiving day, and I did not cheat one single bit! I thought WTHECK!!! So when I raised them back up, I felt immediately better... so weird!

Glad you are back and had a great time!!
Old 11-26-2012, 10:50 AM   #1964

Hi Deb! Love the pictures!

I also feel terrible on very low-carb I think it messes with my electrolytes or potassium or something I get really tired and my heart races - maybe dehydration? I've tried it a million times and finally realized that I just don't feel right. I would say doing the moderate carbs is definitley your best bet.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:07 AM   #1965

WHew!! So good to hear I am not just going crazy!.. There are MORE out there....

Thank you Gracie! I just could not figure out why I started feeling so horrid!! Adding in those carbs really helped and that goes against everything I have been told over the years... heck it used to work for me, just not anymore.

I have to STOP trying to force it to work for me and accept I need to eat a bit more even if the losses are crawling at a snails pace... oh well...
Old 11-27-2012, 06:26 AM   #1966

Quote:
I am upping my carbs today, not waiting, I feel like crappola. No idea why, yesterday was EASY... but I feel bloated and yuck. This happened before when I got too low on Carbs. So to feel better, back to 50 net by the end of the weekend. For some reason as we get older, or ME, the very very low carbs just don't work well for me.

Kinda sad because I was losing well, but when I start to feel bloated, I know something is not right with MY body. I know it all too well.

Ok, so that is about it. No Black Friday for me! I am relaxing today... hope all are doing well!
Good idea! I started feeling terrible too and the bloat came out of no where. I'm not sure why I feel this way while eating fewer carbs . I never felt bloat when I did JUDDD or UPPED my carb intake a bit.

Glad you're paying attention to your body . Do what works best for you!!

Have a good day.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:52 AM   #1967

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/???/160-mini goal
WOE: Low carb
Hey Deb, love the pics! Cute idea, definitely different which I like You did wonderful over the holidays! Regarding carbs..I've tried very low carb again too and it just don't work anymore..at least not like it did in the beginning..mystery but like you said, we have to do what works.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:02 AM   #1968

Quote:
Originally Posted by @iamMeekness View Post
Good idea! I started feeling terrible too and the bloat came out of no where. I'm not sure why I feel this way while eating fewer carbs . I never felt bloat when I did JUDDD or UPPED my carb intake a bit.

Glad you're paying attention to your body . Do what works best for you!!

Have a good day.
Thanks Meek, you too! It really goes against what Low Carb is supposed to do! BUT it does it! Bloat?? Who would have thought? It is so strange to me. When I was younger, it never did that. it took away the bloat.

Oh well, I am happy in the 50-100 carb range. I just will have to accept that I am going to lose slower.. and be happy with feeling better! I hope you are feeling better also!!..

Quote:
Hey Deb, love the pics! Cute idea, definitely different which I like You did wonderful over the holidays! Regarding carbs..I've tried very low carb again too and it just don't work anymore..at least not like it did in the beginning..mystery but like you said, we have to do what works.
Thanks Shari! I thought the pictures were fun too. Mom told me she never saw so many wierdo's ... In a good way of course....

I guess as we get older, something changes in our chemistry? Not sure, but must do what works best and makes me feel good. I hope your week is going well!!..
Old 11-27-2012, 07:14 AM   #1969

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/???/160-mini goal
WOE: Low carb
Quote:
Thanks Meek, you too! It really goes against what Low Carb is supposed to do! BUT it does it! Bloat?? Who would have thought? It is so strange to me. When I was younger, it never did that. it took away the bloat.

Oh well, I am happy in the 50-100 carb range. I just will have to accept that I am going to lose slower.. and be happy with feeling better! I hope you are feeling better also!!..

Thanks Shari! I thought the pictures were fun too. Mom told me she never saw so many wierdo's ... In a good way of course....

I guess as we get older, something changes in our chemistry? Not sure, but must do what works best and makes me feel good. I hope your week is going well!!..
your mom is so cute, I can picture her saying that!!
Old 11-27-2012, 07:15 AM   #1970

Quote:
your mom is so cute, I can picture her saying that!!
It was hilarious...
Old 11-28-2012, 05:31 PM   #1971
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AmplifiedHeart
Stats: 420-440ish/408/200
WOE: High fat-Low carb-Moderate protein
Start Date: Nov 26th, 2012
Quote:
This is my mental health week, and I am going to just do it. I decided last night to do Atkins Induction TYPE eating.. Not strict as all that, but closer to real whole foods.. Meat and veges.. fat.. fresh foods...

Will have my turkey day with plenty of fresh veggies. cooked veges.. TURKEY!!! with crispy skin!!.. That will be enough and fine for me..

I am trying to break the sweet tooth, and hoping this 6 days at home will help.

On a downer note though, my dear friend that has kidney cancer had another scan and was given bad news.. She now has another cancer to join her kidney cancer, and it has invaded the outside of her lungs..

I am so devasted for her and her husband. He has already buried one wife, and now she is saying the dr does not give her much more time.. I am going over this week to spend some time with her but wow.. I just can't take too much more bad news.. HOWEVER, praying for her and peace in her heart.

I KNOW, that she will be fine however this turns out. By saying that, I know since my father passed, that I have seen him many times in my dreams and he tells me he is fine. I feel peace about that. I also feel peace about my friend. I pray that she will also feel this peace..

So today, I am grateful for this day, and good health. I have seen too much of the other side. Must stay healthy, and this is my path.

HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY ALL!!!..
Yay I'm rooting for you deb. You can do it! I think that will definitely help with your sweet tooth. We all need a mental break sometimes. I'm so sorry about your friend. I will keep her in my prayers too. I agree with you about peace. No matter what happens. I believe that there is life after what we think is the end. May not be physical but they are just here in different way Imo. Stay strong girl.
Old 11-28-2012, 05:42 PM   #1972

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmplifiedHeart View Post
Yay I'm rooting for you deb. You can do it! I think that will definitely help with your sweet tooth. We all need a mental break sometimes. I'm so sorry about your friend. I will keep her in my prayers too. I agree with you about peace. No matter what happens. I believe that there is life after what we think is the end. May not be physical but they are just here in different way Imo. Stay strong girl.
Awe thank you Roszina for stopping by!! I really appreciate your words of support. and prayers.

I also believe there is life after we think there is an end, and I feel the energy of my Dad every day! I know if my friend's physical life ends soon, she will live on, and I will miss her, but I know she is "there"

I have had a heck of a week, I most definately had my mental break, but am still working on finding the right mix of foods to eat... I will get there though!! I know LC is my life.. I just have to find the right balance.

I was really drawn to your post on the Main Lobby when you first came back to LC, and was so happy to see you had a journal!! YOU ARE AN INSPIRATION!!! you really are... makes me smile.. Keep on doing what you are doing!!
Old 11-28-2012, 06:25 PM   #1973
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AmplifiedHeart
Stats: 420-440ish/408/200
WOE: High fat-Low carb-Moderate protein
Start Date: Nov 26th, 2012
Quote:
Awe thank you Roszina for stopping by!! I really appreciate your words of support. and prayers.

I also believe there is life after we think there is an end, and I feel the energy of my Dad every day! I know if my friend's physical life ends soon, she will live on, and I will miss her, but I know she is "there"

I have had a heck of a week, I most definately had my mental break, but am still working on finding the right mix of foods to eat... I will get there though!! I know LC is my life.. I just have to find the right balance.

I was really drawn to your post on the Main Lobby when you first came back to LC, and was so happy to see you had a journal!! YOU ARE AN INSPIRATION!!! you really are... makes me smile.. Keep on doing what you are doing!!
Aww thank you so much, you are an inspiration to me also! You have come so far and I admire the strength that you have even in these tough times. Even though you aren't having the best time or week you still find the time to uplift other people and spread the love. I thank you so much for that. You have a very big heart, I can tell. I know that your dad is proud of you.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:20 AM   #1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmplifiedHeart View Post
Aww thank you so much, you are an inspiration to me also! You have come so far and I admire the strength that you have even in these tough times. Even though you aren't having the best time or week you still find the time to uplift other people and spread the love. I thank you so much for that. You have a very big heart, I can tell. I know that your dad is proud of you.
Arent you the sweetest!!.. Thank you for your kind words.. very happy you are on this forum!

I think things are going to be looking up!.. I had a very nice LC day yesterday and I will repeat today... One step, one day at a time!..

Going to Mom's this weekend to help her out. Hubby has some chores to do that she can't manage, and I am taking her shopping. She is so excited about going shopping!....

It's the little things when you live alone and can't drive.. or even walk to the store like she was used to doing. I am happy to help.. and yes, I think Dad would be proud..
Old 12-03-2012, 08:33 AM   #1975

Hi Deb! Hope you are having a great Monday!
Old 12-03-2012, 08:51 AM   #1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
Hi Deb! Hope you are having a great Monday!
Hi Gracie!! I am having a great BUSY Monday, thanks! I hope your life is going well also, must read journals!..

Oh, forgot to add that I bought this little bike thing to put under my desk and I am peddling my day away... while working!.. its so cool...
Old 12-05-2012, 03:07 AM   #1977

Boy this is slowwwwwwwwwwww... losing. Down to around .2 to .4 a week.. WHAT? I am not hungry, the supplements are working in that way. I did start moving more, and exercising recently. Wonder if that could be temporarily it.. not sure.

In any case, I am not going to stop the movement.. that would make no sense. I will just allow my body to get used to things and adjust.

Staying below 50 carbs a day, and I kinow from experience, I can't go too low or it backfires on me... so one day at a time! I hate the thought of doing HCG again, but I may have to after the holidays just to get things moving again..
Old 12-11-2012, 05:12 AM   #1978

This time of year is hard with so many doing their own thing.. kind of lonely around here...

Last week I just got fed up with dieting... for now.. I am just eating what I crave.. which is meat.. sometimes fruit.. and sometimes whatever.. but I am at peace with it for now.

I say for now alot, but that is how I have to take it.. I don't know what tomorrow will bring.. so for NOW.. I am eating to hunger, what I want.. I have lost 2 pounds, but more than that.. I am happy.

I hope to make it through the holidays at least maintaining.. then go from there..

Hope everyone is doing well, I know how busy this time of year is. It is pretty sad for me too, it was a year ago Christmas Eve, we found out how sick my Dad really was. Then Christmas day we spent with him recovering from his first surgery... this is tough. Even tougher on my Mom..
Old 12-11-2012, 07:01 AM   #1979

Hey there lady! At least you are craving meat and not chocolate, right? My weakness is sweets of any kind. I say just make it through the holidays and then have a plan for January. There's just too much going on right now to find time to worry about food. Just enjoy!
Old 12-11-2012, 07:02 AM   #1980

Quote:
This time of year is hard with so many doing their own thing.. kind of lonely around here...

Last week I just got fed up with dieting... for now.. I am just eating what I crave.. which is meat.. sometimes fruit.. and sometimes whatever.. but I am at peace with it for now.

I say for now alot, but that is how I have to take it.. I don't know what tomorrow will bring.. so for NOW.. I am eating to hunger, what I want.. I have lost 2 pounds, but more than that.. I am happy.

I hope to make it through the holidays at least maintaining.. then go from there..

Hope everyone is doing well, I know how busy this time of year is. It is pretty sad for me too, it was a year ago Christmas Eve, we found out how sick my Dad really was. Then Christmas day we spent with him recovering from his first surgery... this is tough. Even tougher on my Mom..
I can't imagine losing a parent
Closed Thread