Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2012, 11:02 AM   #1891
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
I found the tracker on Exercise 4 Weight Loss. Lots of good info on there also.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2012, 11:36 AM   #1892
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
I just ordered some of the pterostilbene and the resveratrol. I needed some quest bars and was making a nutrition order anyway. I hope to have the same results you ladies are enjoying!!

I'll be going to Ca for a fun 1.5 week vacation next Wed. I know I'll be tempted by oodles of goodies, plus eating out 3 meals a day for 12 days! that'll be a good test for these supplements! Anyone gain from them? Not bringing the scale, so I'm curious if I will have any challenges starting this while traveling? Anyone had odd effect once starting?
Old 11-05-2012, 11:45 AM   #1893

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186.6/169-mini goal
WOE: very low carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
I found the tracker on Exercise 4 Weight Loss. Lots of good info on there also.
Haha...thanks for the info. I certainly won't pay now!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
I just ordered some of the pterostilbene and the resveratrol. I needed some quest bars and was making a nutrition order anyway. I hope to have the same results you ladies are enjoying!!

I'll be going to Ca for a fun 1.5 week vacation next Wed. I know I'll be tempted by oodles of goodies, plus eating out 3 meals a day for 12 days! that'll be a good test for these supplements! Anyone gain from them? Not bringing the scale, so I'm curious if I will have any challenges starting this while traveling? Anyone had odd effect once starting?
Hope you have the same wonderful results!! Yeah I love how it's a flat rate so might as well order up. I can see how taking this will really help with not eating so much while on vacation. I haven't gained..actually I've had steady losses until yesterday but TOM is coming and even with that it was only .6
Old 11-05-2012, 11:59 AM   #1894

Quote:

Awesome Julie! I really really hope you have success with it also!! I have not heard of anyone who gained from it, just the opposite. It works sort of like how JUDDD works. The gene that makes you think you are fasting? Anyhooooo... I hope it helps on vacation!! I KNOW it helped me at my Mom's. I felt no hunger all weekend. Therefore, not as tempted!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Haha...thanks for the info. I certainly won't pay now!!

Hope you have the same wonderful results!! Yeah I love how it's a flat rate so might as well order up. I can see how taking this will really help with not eating so much while on vacation. I haven't gained..actually I've had steady losses until yesterday but TOM is coming and even with that it was only .6
Good Shari!! I think after you have done a 3 month trial of WW, you will know the basics and have supported the WW organization... No harm in continuing on with your knowledge!!. A little help sure is not a bad thing!.

I agree with you, that Julie should find it really helpful during vacation... the main thing is not to override your FULL IN THE BELLY signals by eating anyway... That is what got us fat.

Not saying don't eat when you want to eat, just don't add extras when you really just are not hungry at all.. that is the way I feel right now. There is a gorgeous cake on the lunchroom table, but I have no hunger AT ALL.. so why should I bother????

Have a blast in any case Julie!! and Shari, I hope the TOM monster stays under control for you!
Old 11-06-2012, 06:00 AM   #1895

Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Atkins Inductions for 14 Days
Start Date: 6/10/2014
Hiya Deb. Hope you have a good day.

Yay, Julie, you order the ptero as well. Please let us know how they work for you.
Old 11-06-2012, 06:09 AM   #1896

Quote:
Originally Posted by @iamMeekness View Post
Hiya Deb. Hope you have a good day.

Yay, Julie, you order the ptero as well. Please let us know how they work for you.
Morning Meek! So far so good today.... I hope it works for Julie too!.. I wish it would work for EVERYONE who tries it... amazing to me!.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:14 AM   #1897

Getting ready to say, good morning..but it's afternoon already!! Hope you're having a great day so far! @ supporting the WW organization..yeah, I paid my fare.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:38 AM   #1898

Quote:
Getting ready to say, good morning..but it's afternoon already!! Hope you're having a great day so far! @ supporting the WW organization..yeah, I paid my fare.
Thanks Shari! Yes, it is afternoon... I am so busy today, but still finding time to check on LCF.....

Hope your day is going well, and indeed ,WW has plenty of my money....
Old 11-07-2012, 06:40 AM   #1899

Happy Hump Day!!
Old 11-07-2012, 06:42 AM   #1900

Quote:
Happy Hump Day!!
Thanks Shari! Happy Hump day to you too!...
Old 11-07-2012, 07:01 AM   #1901
Big Yapper!!!!

Hey Deb (and other LCFs!!) I too hope the ptero works for me. Do you all use the resversatrol (sp?) too? What dose works best for you? Anyone take thyroid supplements with them and have any effect from it? TIA!

I'm hoping it'll help me, esp. on vacation. If I stay busy enough I won't overeat, but when we're sitting down at yet another restaurant, or munching snacks in a long car ride (of which there will be 4 on my upcoming trip) I tend to override hunger and just eat. Hopefully the supplements will help me stay in control? So glad it's working for all of you!!

Happy Hump Day, and day after election day!! No more political phone calls!
Old 11-07-2012, 07:05 AM   #1902

Hi Julie! Yes, I take resversatrol too. I take one ptero and two resversatrol. I haven't tried them individually to see if one works well without the others. I hope it works for you too. It really has helped with appetite and most importantly, I don't have cravings now either..especially during this TOM.

Oh and yes..no more political robo calls or ads...LOL
Old 11-07-2012, 07:11 AM   #1903

Quote:
Hey Deb (and other LCFs!!) I too hope the ptero works for me. Do you all use the resversatrol (sp?) too? What dose works best for you? Anyone take thyroid supplements with them and have any effect from it? TIA!

I'm hoping it'll help me, esp. on vacation. If I stay busy enough I won't overeat, but when we're sitting down at yet another restaurant, or munching snacks in a long car ride (of which there will be 4 on my upcoming trip) I tend to override hunger and just eat. Hopefully the supplements will help me stay in control? So glad it's working for all of you!!

Happy Hump Day, and day after election day!! No more political phone calls!
Hi Julie!!! YAY on no more political phone calls too!.. We had to unplug our machine just to put a stop to it! WASTE!!!

As for the supplements, I take 2 Rev in the mornings, and 1 Ptero. Then in the afternoon if I feel like I need it, I take another ptero. HOWEVER, I really don't need more than I am taking. I don't take any other Meds.

The thing about these are that it really does help me stay in control. I also override the no hunger things at time out of habit etc. I tried following the don't eat without hunger rules of Robin's but I was not real good at that.

With the supplements I honestly feel full all day. Like I can't fit anything else in there. It is a strange feeling, but I am getting used to it. I do eat though, just not nearly as much. I love these things!! I hope you have the same success with them.

The main thing is our minds and that is a constant battle for me. I am doing better though!! Without that gnawing hunger, it is much easier to say no!!!

Have a wonderful day!!!
Old 11-09-2012, 05:19 AM   #1904

Journals are quiet this time of year, but honestly not much to report. Loving the supps still, leaning towards LC because I am not eating as much, but like Meek, not losing much either.. Exercise maybe? Something needs to be changed up.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!!..
Old 11-12-2012, 05:27 AM   #1905

Still stuck anywhere between 178 and 186 for months it seems. I have no hunger, and am not eating a lot. I just KNOW exercise is the missing ingredient. Why don't I just do it? WHY OH WHY....

I just can't get myself to get into it again... I was doing SO GOOD... a little over a year ago, and now I just make excuse after excuse to not do it. Maybe because when I walk or do too much my back really hurts. I had a disc removed 16 years ago!!!! holy crap has it been that long?... I feel my spine just throbbing sometimes. I know it is because my core is not strong.

If I could do things pain free, boy would I feel more like doing it. Anyway, ramble ramble... I need to make some changes. I don't want to wait till Jan. 1 and my Miami trip is Jan. 11. My Hawaii trip is next Oct. so I really have to get some toning and stamina in before I go.

Hope everyone had a great weekend, and are ready for this week!..
Old 11-12-2012, 03:23 PM   #1906

Hello Deb. I hope you enjoyed your day off! I hear ya in regards to exercising. Girl, I use to be a BEAST in the gym and on the track. Now? Not so much. I've been having A LOT of knee and other pains lately...too afraid to workout, but I know moving will help circulate my blood and moving these joints of mines would be good for me. Just gotta get out of this funk and DO IT!!

Let's encourage one another some how .

Have a good evening.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:19 AM   #1907

Hey Deb, I feel ya on the exercise thing..same for me too! It's been so long since I've exercised consistently and know I feel better when I'm in that groove too. I don't know why it seems so hard to start too. Hope you had a great weekend.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:24 AM   #1908

Quote:
Hello Deb. I hope you enjoyed your day off! I hear ya in regards to exercising. Girl, I use to be a BEAST in the gym and on the track. Now? Not so much. I've been having A LOT of knee and other pains lately...too afraid to workout, but I know moving will help circulate my blood and moving these joints of mines would be good for me. Just gotta get out of this funk and DO IT!!

Let's encourage one another some how .

Have a good evening.
Hey Meek!!! I actually didn't get the day off yesterday, booooooo.... I know what you mean about being afraid to work out. My back kills me, and I don't want another surgery, so I will need to strengthen my core first.. and probably should consult my doc... oh well, I think we should encourage each other also!! WE MUST DO SOMETHING!! health comes first..

Quote:
Hey Deb, I feel ya on the exercise thing..same for me too! It's been so long since I've exercised consistently and know I feel better when I'm in that groove too. I don't know why it seems so hard to start too. Hope you had a great weekend.
Thanks Shari, it was a nice weekend, but goes too fast!! I hope we can all find our way back to doing something good for our bodies... That groove is wonderful once we get in it!!...

Hope you have a great day and week ahead!
Old 11-13-2012, 05:45 AM   #1909

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Good morning!
Old 11-13-2012, 06:05 AM   #1910

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
Good morning!
Morning Gracie!!! Hope your day is going well!
Old 11-13-2012, 06:16 AM   #1911
Big Yapper!!!!

Good morning Deb!

Just popping in to see how you're doing. Bummer you're not losing well, despite low calories. That's so frustrating (and exactly how it went for me). I would get to 175, LC my little heart out, even low cals, and not really budge it!! I don't want to discourage you further, but exercise doesn't help me lose either. I felt great, strong, tight, fit, healthy, but I don't lose weight (or inches!). I actually get bigger (thighs esp!!). I'm sure I'm not the norm, but exercising to lose weight does NOT work for me.

But, given your low cals and stall, you may just jumpstart your losses by exercising. I HIGHLY recommend starting with just walking. Your core is engaged the whole time and you're gentle on your body. It's fun, easy and everyone know how to do it Once you're feeling stronger from that then you can add more core work - planks, exercise ball moves, etc. Go slowly!! (I learned that one the hard way!! ).

I'll be upping the exercise once I'm home from Ca. I've been really slacking off. Some walking a few jogs thrown in, but not much lately. I leave tomorrow morning and am still up a bit on the scale from my weekend. But, not sweating it. I'm going to have fun but not be a glutton. Trying to keep it all in balance these days!

I also got my resversatrol and ptero yesterday. Haven't tried them yet and am debating the wisdom of trying something new before I travel w.o. my scale? You're all sure you've had no gains or issues with them?
Old 11-13-2012, 06:46 AM   #1912

Hello Deb. Happy Tuesday. Just stopping by to show you some love. I'll be back to write more in a sec...something just came up...UGH!!

Old 11-13-2012, 07:08 AM   #1913

Quote:
Good morning Deb!

Just popping in to see how you're doing. Bummer you're not losing well, despite low calories. That's so frustrating (and exactly how it went for me). I would get to 175, LC my little heart out, even low cals, and not really budge it!! I don't want to discourage you further, but exercise doesn't help me lose either. I felt great, strong, tight, fit, healthy, but I don't lose weight (or inches!). I actually get bigger (thighs esp!!). I'm sure I'm not the norm, but exercising to lose weight does NOT work for me.

But, given your low cals and stall, you may just jumpstart your losses by exercising. I HIGHLY recommend starting with just walking. Your core is engaged the whole time and you're gentle on your body. It's fun, easy and everyone know how to do it Once you're feeling stronger from that then you can add more core work - planks, exercise ball moves, etc. Go slowly!! (I learned that one the hard way!! ).

I'll be upping the exercise once I'm home from Ca. I've been really slacking off. Some walking a few jogs thrown in, but not much lately. I leave tomorrow morning and am still up a bit on the scale from my weekend. But, not sweating it. I'm going to have fun but not be a glutton. Trying to keep it all in balance these days!

I also got my resversatrol and ptero yesterday. Haven't tried them yet and am debating the wisdom of trying something new before I travel w.o. my scale? You're all sure you've had no gains or issues with them?
Thank you for the great insight and advice Julie!.. I remember exercise not really helping with weight loss for you, and I kind of feel it is the same for me. HOWEVER, I do want to feel stronger. So walking of course is the easiest way to start. NOW, getting motivated?.. haha.. such a chore..

I hope you have a FANTASTIC vacation!!! I don't blame you wanting to wait till after to try the supps, but then again you are the scientist who likes controlled conditions... ( just like my boy! )... Whatever you choose, just don't worry too much and enjoy!!!...
Old 11-13-2012, 07:10 AM   #1914

Quote:
Hello Deb. Happy Tuesday. Just stopping by to show you some love. I'll be back to write more in a sec...something just came up...UGH!!

Hiya Meek!!! Hope your day is not too stressful... and the eating is going well so far! I am definitely joining in the LC action.. have been for alittle while, but will be buckling down after our Thanksgiving work party Thursday... I need to feel better.. no questions!!
Old 11-13-2012, 08:33 AM   #1915

Girl, the stress demon was upon me for a quick second, but Thank God I found my results. I feel sooooo much better now .

Deb, I finally had ENOUGH on yesterday, especially after reading my lab results online. It was enough to scare my STRAIGHT! I just pray the Lord's strength during this time. You know how I do, in the beginning I'm always on point. Its after the initial two weeks and I began to stray. I need this to be a lifestyle, not just a diet. Anyways, I'm going to take one day at a time and do my best. But, I won't give up!!

I'm also going to take Julie's advice and start walking...today!!

Have a good day.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:01 AM   #1916

Quote:
Girl, the stress demon was upon me for a quick second, but Thank God I found my results. I feel sooooo much better now .

Deb, I finally had ENOUGH on yesterday, especially after reading my lab results online. It was enough to scare my STRAIGHT! I just pray the Lord's strength during this time. You know how I do, in the beginning I'm always on point. Its after the initial two weeks and I began to stray. I need this to be a lifestyle, not just a diet. Anyways, I'm going to take one day at a time and do my best. But, I won't give up!!

I'm also going to take Julie's advice and start walking...today!!

Have a good day.
So happy to read this Meek! I am in the same old rusty boat... at first we are gung ho, then I weaken. looking for the next best thing... ughhhhhh

Like you, my test results were not pretty. I am not going to fret too much, just make the changes that are needed.. EASIER SAID THAN DONE!! I keep getting the message from the doc, to do some exercise, to eat low fat.. ( AINT HAPPENING!!) etc etc.. well I am going to do LC, and nobody can make me not do it..

No, it won't be Atkins 20 carbs or less... that does not work as well for me, but it will be below 50 net carbs and I will just do it. JUST DO IT.....

Walking, yes, I can do that too.. one step at a time.. I DO still love my supplements and that is making the eating part easy. I will most definitely continue those!!!
Old 11-14-2012, 05:14 AM   #1917

Hi Deb. I hope you are having a good day thus far. I didn't get a chance to walk on yday because it was rainy and wet. I walked from the parking lot to my building this morning though and it was freezing outside! BRRRR!! I hope it warms up a bit so I can get a nice walk in around lunch time.

I still love the supplement too I will continue to take it as well.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:24 AM   #1918

Quote:
Hi Deb. I hope you are having a good day thus far. I didn't get a chance to walk on yday because it was rainy and wet. I walked from the parking lot to my building this morning though and it was freezing outside! BRRRR!! I hope it warms up a bit so I can get a nice walk in around lunch time.

I still love the supplement too I will continue to take it as well.
Morning Meek!! I am off to a fine start! Actually managed to do a half hour of movement this morning. Nothing formal or anything, but moving around my house where I usually sit and watch TV..

Hey, you have to start somewhere!!... Anyway, my hunger is under control, so I am not planning to eat alot today. What I brought is LC, and pretty healthy. I made a bunch of LC meals on Sunday, and froze them. So much easier to just grab something and bring it for lunch. Since I never have cash, I am not tempted to get anything else...

I think today will be good!! I hope your day is going well so far also. Good job on doing that walk through the COLD!.. I know what you mean it is cold here too... now our office feels like a sauna... Oh well..

Have a great day ON YOUR PLAN!!.. it is worth it to be healthy.. I like something Robin Woodall said in one of her videos.. she said you really don't seem to care too much about your health or a number on the scale when you are stuffing your face... then you get all down and out when you are done... I think I need to be more conscious when I am eating.. Think about the end result and not the moment where the food is so tasty and whatever other reasons I am eating it.

I actually put that to practice last night before bed. I was thinking of just saying to heck with it and having something sweet. I was NOT HUNGRY, did not need any food, and that is what I told myself...

I did not eat, I went to bed but THIS IS SUCH A STRUGGLE !!!!!!! oh well, one day at a time.....

Everyone have a wonderful HUMP DAY!!..
Old 11-15-2012, 05:19 AM   #1919

Today is our Thanksgiving meal at work.. oh joy.......... I am prepared though, to have a bit of what is wonderful and pass on what I call take it or leave it...

Right now I am full from coffee/cream and LC yogurt. Nice feeling!! SUPPS STILL WORK!.. love it ..

No weighing for me until Saturday.

Have a great day all!!..
Old 11-15-2012, 07:29 AM   #1920

Hey Deb. Happy Early Thanksgiving I hope you enjoy yourself. Great job on moving around the other day. Any type of movement is exercise in my opinion. LOL. I was so busy on Sunday cooking, cleaning, doing my baby girls hair, chasing Christian around the house. Once all was said in done, I'm sure I burned a TON of calories.

Anyway, I totally agree with Robin. Girl, half the time when I'm eating junk, I'm so engaged that I don't think about anything but the taste! Then later when I start feeling all these weird pains, I get scared!! Poor me. I agree with you too. We need to become more concious about what we eat and our health. One day at a time We'll get there.

Last night I was so hungry for something sweet. I ended up making 3 eggs scrambled in butter and topped with a little cheese. That sure hit the spot! And two pounds were gone this morning

I know it won't always be easy, but we must FIGHT!!! Our health matters. Carbs aren't forbidden forever. They'll always be there and I can enjoy small amounts later down the line, but just not now... carbs in moderation .

I'm sorry for the long post

Have a good day.
Closed Thread