Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2012, 11:32 AM   #1741
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Whole Foods. No Sugar
Have a safe trip, Deb, and enjoy time with moms.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2012, 04:30 AM   #1742

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/work in progress/140?
WOE: LC/HCG
Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Safe travels Deb to see your mom and son!
Thank you Shari! It rained cats and dogs but we made it! . My son and I had a wonderful visit with Mom and each other.. Now he is going to a football game with his friends today... I miss him already!

Mom is doing better thank god.. she still has no appetite though, so I need to figure something wonderful to make her this weekend. She needs protein to heal!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by @iamMeekness View Post
Have a safe trip, Deb, and enjoy time with moms.
Thank you Meek!! I hope all is well with you and your family!! Today is going to be a nice COLD day... but chores to do!..
Old 10-07-2012, 10:57 PM   #1743
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/161.6/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Cold? I barely recall what that's like!! By Jan. I'll remember

So glad to hear your visit w. mom and dh went well!! Sweet times Hope you came up with something so tempting it overrode mom's lack of hunger .

Hope all is well
Old 10-08-2012, 03:13 AM   #1744

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Cold? I barely recall what that's like!! By Jan. I'll remember

So glad to hear your visit w. mom and dh went well!! Sweet times Hope you came up with something so tempting it overrode mom's lack of hunger .

Hope all is well
Well Julie, it is 32 here this morning, so that is chilly... How cold does it get in AZ in Jan? After dealing with over 100 degree temps for the summer, I am ready for chilly for awhile...

I finally got Mom to eat and we had hot wings, then Chinese... because that is what she was craving... well that didn't end up well... her digestion was not ready for the spicy hit all at once.. she ended up feeling horrible all night... poor Ma! .. she was laughing about it when I left yesterday, but not so much during the night....

Well, at least she is able to think of food with cravings again, so that is a good thing. She just has to go slow on adding things back...

Back to work today! I'm really pooped, but I will make it a good day! Hope everyone is doing well. I will try to get to the journals this morning and see whats up!
Old 10-08-2012, 11:44 AM   #1745

Hi Deb. Glad to hear your trip went well. Sorry mom felt horrible after eating the spicy food. Praying her disgestive track returns to normal soon. Surprise you don't have the day off. I'm home chilling today . Hope you have a good day.

Meek
Old 10-08-2012, 11:48 AM   #1746

Quote:
Hi Deb. Glad to hear your trip went well. Sorry mom felt horrible after eating the spicy food. Praying her disgestive track returns to normal soon. Surprise you don't have the day off. I'm home chilling today . Hope you have a good day.

Meek
WHAT? oh, well we don't get a day off today... ugh!.. not fair!. I hope you are enjoying your day! I am working to catch up with my absent days, so no rest for me!.. I am just really happy things are going well with Mom so I have one less thing to worry about.

I did lose a big ole POUND last week.. I can't complain, with all the running around I have been doing.. however, I am kind of stuck in the mid 170's now, and not much movement. OH WELL. No more trying to starve for fast losses right now. I will see where I am in January and then MAYBE I'll do another HCG round.. who knows. I love food too much right now, and if I can lose a pound a week or so, I will be at goal by HAWAII ANYWAY!!
Old 10-08-2012, 02:54 PM   #1747

Congratulations on the 1lb loss last week! That is wonderful, really, it is! I'm sure you'll be out of the 170s soon. Continue to eat healthy and the weight will follow. No worries.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:28 PM   #1748

Quote:
Congratulations on the 1lb loss last week! That is wonderful, really, it is! I'm sure you'll be out of the 170s soon. Continue to eat healthy and the weight will follow. No worries.
Awe thanks Meek, I KNOW you understand!!! Hoping you are doing well also, miss your posts.. Still JUDDDING?
Old 10-08-2012, 05:08 PM   #1749

Yes, still JUDDDING and I'm doing okay. Today is Day 16 and I haven't lost a bunch of weight, but I'm in a good place on this plan.

I need to focus a little more on DDs. You know how that goes, .

Last edited by Meek75; 10-08-2012 at 05:10 PM..
Old 10-09-2012, 05:14 AM   #1750

Quote:
Yes, still JUDDDING and I'm doing okay. Today is Day 16 and I haven't lost a bunch of weight, but I'm in a good place on this plan.

I need to focus a little more on DDs. You know how that goes, .
YES! I do know how that goes.. and that is why I can't do it... good luck Meek! I am not even sweating the pace of the loss anymore, as long as I have a loss by the end of the month, and am HAPPY, that is what matters.

YOU enjoy your good place and keep it up!..
Old 10-09-2012, 06:09 AM   #1751

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
YES! I do know how that goes.. and that is why I can't do it... good luck Meek! I am not even sweating the pace of the loss anymore, as long as I have a loss by the end of the month, and am HAPPY, that is what matters.

Deb, neither am I . As long as I am LOSING and NOT GAINING, I'm a happy girl .

I don't weigh every day anymore, maybe every 5 days or so. There's no point in driving myself crazy over some stupid scale. I'm so over that madness, lol.

Last edited by Meek75; 10-09-2012 at 06:10 AM..
Old 10-09-2012, 06:34 AM   #1752

Quote:
Deb, neither am I . As long as I am LOSING and NOT GAINING, I'm a happy girl .

I don't weigh every day anymore, maybe every 5 days or so. There's no point in driving myself crazy over some stupid scale. I'm so over that madness, lol.
ME TOO!!! we can do this Meek, however long it takes!..
Old 10-09-2012, 07:54 AM   #1753
Big Yapper!!!!

Meek!! Slow and steady wins the race . I know you know that!!

Quote:
Well Julie, it is 32 here this morning, so that is chilly... How cold does it get in AZ in Jan? After dealing with over 100 degree temps for the summer, I am ready for chilly for awhile...

I finally got Mom to eat and we had hot wings, then Chinese... because that is what she was craving... well that didn't end up well... her digestion was not ready for the spicy hit all at once.. she ended up feeling horrible all night... poor Ma! .. she was laughing about it when I left yesterday, but not so much during the night....

Well, at least she is able to think of food with cravings again, so that is a good thing. She just has to go slow on adding things back...

Back to work today! I'm really pooped, but I will make it a good day! Hope everyone is doing well. I will try to get to the journals this morning and see whats up!
It'll get down to the mid 30's at night in the winter sometimes. Most of the time the lows are the mid to high 40's and day time temps will get up to 70. B/c it's so dry though, it feels a bit cooler, to me. Really lovely here in the winter. Warm, sunny every day . Makes the LONG summer worth it!! (although this isnt' the month to ask me. I get annoyed when it's still hot in Oct!! )
Quote:

Good for you!! Losing it slowly is a great way to live life and still get to your goal. I wish I could lose any other way than hcg now. . I guess I should just be happy that I *can* lose, instead of sad that I only seem to have 1 option. Hopefully I will stick this loss well and not have to worry about it. My Ca trip in Nov will be a true test of my mettle . We will be intentionally dining at great places (part of the fun, truth be told). I plan to dabble, not immerse myself in the goodies. We'll see how that goes .
Old 10-09-2012, 10:45 AM   #1754

Quote:
Meek!! Slow and steady wins the race . I know you know that!!
Amen!

Quote:
ME TOO!!! we can do this Meek, however long it takes!..
Exactly! And, yes we can!!!!!
Old 10-09-2012, 11:38 AM   #1755

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/???/160-mini goal
WOE: Low carb
Quote:
WHAT? oh, well we don't get a day off today... ugh!.. not fair!. I hope you are enjoying your day! I am working to catch up with my absent days, so no rest for me!.. I am just really happy things are going well with Mom so I have one less thing to worry about.

I did lose a big ole POUND last week.. I can't complain, with all the running around I have been doing.. however, I am kind of stuck in the mid 170's now, and not much movement. OH WELL. No more trying to starve for fast losses right now. I will see where I am in January and then MAYBE I'll do another HCG round.. who knows. I love food too much right now, and if I can lose a pound a week or so, I will be at goal by HAWAII ANYWAY!!
Congrats!! I agree, any loss considering all you're going through is great. I'm glad your mom is better and you got to see your son. Hope you were able to tackle some the heavier workload yesterday so you're not swamped again today.
Old 10-09-2012, 05:01 PM   #1756

Quote:
Congrats!! I agree, any loss considering all you're going through is great. I'm glad your mom is better and you got to see your son. Hope you were able to tackle some the heavier workload yesterday so you're not swamped again today.
Thanks Shari!! It was great spending time with my baby boy and Mom. Today I kinda got caught up on work, but more tomorrow!!!... oh well, I will survive! Hope all is well with you too!
Old 10-10-2012, 05:41 AM   #1757

How sweet. I try to treasure the time with my sons as I know one day they will not be home too and I'll have to be satisfied with visits. So happy to hear your mom is recovering well at home.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:49 AM   #1758

Quote:
How sweet. I try to treasure the time with my sons as I know one day they will not be home too and I'll have to be satisfied with visits. So happy to hear your mom is recovering well at home.
Yes, Shari enjoy every moment!! I miss my boys and my girl so much. They are so far away and I must treasure each day I do get to spend with them. My daughter from NYC is coming this weekend and we will hang out with Mom again on Friday, then over the weekend we are going to a football game here in town, and she has to leave Sunday afternoon. SHORT time, but I will enjoy it.

You do get used to it somewhat, knowing they are adults and must live their lives.. but they always are in my thoughts and heart... If I think too much about it though, I get teary eyed!.. ugh.. oh well, I know they are happy and thriving!.. they will be home again soon...
Old 10-10-2012, 06:23 AM   #1759

Quote:
Yes, Shari enjoy every moment!! I miss my boys and my girl so much. They are so far away and I must treasure each day I do get to spend with them. My daughter from NYC is coming this weekend and we will hang out with Mom again on Friday, then over the weekend we are going to a football game here in town, and she has to leave Sunday afternoon. SHORT time, but I will enjoy it.

You do get used to it somewhat, knowing they are adults and must live their lives.. but they always are in my thoughts and heart... If I think too much about it though, I get teary eyed!.. ugh.. oh well, I know they are happy and thriving!.. they will be home again soon...
Nice you get to see your daughter and mom again. Ugh, I got teary-eyed for you...you know I'm PMSing I can watch a scene on tv and I'm ready to cry a river..then laugh the next minute. I can't even imagine what menopause is going to be like with my hormones....yikes!!
Old 10-10-2012, 06:25 AM   #1760

Quote:
Nice you get to see your daughter and mom again. Ugh, I got teary-eyed for you...you know I'm PMSing I can watch a scene on tv and I'm ready to cry a river..then laugh the next minute. I can't even imagine what menopause is going to be like with my hormones....yikes!!
WELL!! let me tell ya!.............. It gets worse!! THEN it gets way better!

No hormonal fluctuations anymore.. and that is a wonderful thing!.. ( Only took about 5 years to get here though!..)
Old 10-10-2012, 06:29 AM   #1761

Quote:
WELL!! let me tell ya!.............. It gets worse!! THEN it gets way better!

No hormonal fluctuations anymore.. and that is a wonderful thing!.. ( Only took about 5 years to get here though!..)
that's all?
Old 10-10-2012, 06:33 AM   #1762

Quote:
that's all?
Yep! That is all.. it goes by fast... ( my hubby would disagree though )
Old 10-10-2012, 07:50 AM   #1763
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm waiting!! I'd love to be done w. TOM!! I think he's coming early this week (actually I hope so, b/c I'd really prefer to have it at home not in Mexcio ). Sigh. Oh well, what will be, will be. I too am glad you'll have a visit w. dd this week. I get teary thinking of my dd's going off to college, etc. Cherishing this time w. them home. I know it's bittersweet sending them off into the world. Proud, happy, yet sad for myself. It's coming more quickly than I'd like, but I'm thankful for the awareness that I'm in "the good old days" right now. Trying to be very present and appreciate what I have!

Meek-thought of your avi when I stepped on the scale today. Thanks for the reminder that the scale does not determine my worth!!

Have a great day all!!
Old 10-10-2012, 08:21 AM   #1764

Quote:
I'm waiting!! I'd love to be done w. TOM!! I think he's coming early this week (actually I hope so, b/c I'd really prefer to have it at home not in Mexcio ). Sigh. Oh well, what will be, will be. I too am glad you'll have a visit w. dd this week. I get teary thinking of my dd's going off to college, etc. Cherishing this time w. them home. I know it's bittersweet sending them off into the world. Proud, happy, yet sad for myself. It's coming more quickly than I'd like, but I'm thankful for the awareness that I'm in "the good old days" right now. Trying to be very present and appreciate what I have!

Meek-thought of your avi when I stepped on the scale today. Thanks for the reminder that the scale does not determine my worth!!

Have a great day all!!
Very good advise Julie!! Yes, they do tend to grow up... and you will do fine when that time comes... after several teary days/weeks/months.. SAVOR EACH DAY!! aggravating ones and all....

ENJOY your time in Mexico!! My goodness, I hope you don't take TOM with you!.. he does not deserve to go....

Have a fantastic day!!
Old 10-10-2012, 10:48 AM   #1765

Quote:

Have a great day all!!
Me too..any day now, I'm ready!! Oh then I'm wishing you have TOM early too..no fun being on vacation and that sucka shoes up. I guess this would be one reason to wish for it to come!! Enjoy your vacation!!
Old 10-11-2012, 05:34 AM   #1766

Ladies!!!
Old 10-11-2012, 05:36 AM   #1767

Quote:
Ladies!!!
Morning Meek, Morning the rest of you lovely folks! This is my Friday, picking up daughter at airport in the morning, then to Mom's. Trying to get lots of stuff done today. Hope all of you have a wonderful weekend!!!
Old 10-11-2012, 05:54 AM   #1768

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/199.2/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Good morning Deb Have a great weekend and enjoy the time with your family!!!
Old 10-11-2012, 06:10 AM   #1769

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
Good morning Deb Have a great weekend and enjoy the time with your family!!!
Thank you Gracie! I hope you are not TOO busy this weekend!..
Old 10-11-2012, 08:35 AM   #1770
Big Yapper!!!!

Have a great weekend!! So glad it starts in the morning!! You'll have a great time!!

Shari-yes, the 1 time I want TOM to come early and he's holding out on me! We'll be on a mission's trip with spotty potty conditions (I don't know the details, and frankly don't want to know them!) so I'm really praying for early. Usually w. hcg it messes up my schedule and that would be a welcome mess now!
Closed Thread