LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2012, 08:43 AM   #1711
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/work in progress/140?
WOE: LC/HCG
Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Good morning Deb, hope you have a great day!!

Julie~congrats!! I hope to one day be able to say this...wonderful!
Thanks Shari!! I hope the same for you! .. so far so good!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2012, 09:46 AM   #1712
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/161.6/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Shari- IKR? I'm kinda' still a bit in shock! I've been dreaming of "maintenance" or "goal" for years. Hard to believe I'm really here.

Deb-good advice!! I totally agree!! That daily affirmation that you're losing, plus the compliments, really does keep you going. I worry that I'll get lazy and feel entitled to overeat after years of deprivation of some kind. I get tired, you know? I just want to relax and enjoy myself. Sigh. I need to remind myself that those cute jeans are my "enjoyment" now, and staying in them is the new goal!!

How're you liking WW? Are you doing it really LC?
Old 10-01-2012, 10:01 AM   #1713

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Shari- IKR? I'm kinda' still a bit in shock! I've been dreaming of "maintenance" or "goal" for years. Hard to believe I'm really here.

Deb-good advice!! I totally agree!! That daily affirmation that you're losing, plus the compliments, really does keep you going. I worry that I'll get lazy and feel entitled to overeat after years of deprivation of some kind. I get tired, you know? I just want to relax and enjoy myself. Sigh. I need to remind myself that those cute jeans are my "enjoyment" now, and staying in them is the new goal!!

How're you liking WW? Are you doing it really LC?
OH Julie..... you will do fine and yes, your enjoyment now is the smaller jeans... you lucky lady!!! Can't wait to be where you are!..

I am loving WW more than ever, and that is because I know exactly what to eat, and how much that will allow me to enjoy life, yet not gain. I am going for about a pound or so a week, and in this case, I can have so many yummy things..

I do not eat bread or sugar at all. I do eat some fruit, but less than when I was eating the scrumptious summer fruits!!! So I am still getting about 50 net carbs a day, although I don't really keep track. I just KNOW what foods to eat. In my eyes, it is low carb. Less than 100 will ALWAYS be my goal to keep the fat off... I also don't want to end up with Diabetes like my Dad had.

I do enjoy some beans and a few taters!... I eat full fat stuff and just eat less of it. Trial and error!...
Old 10-02-2012, 05:29 AM   #1714

Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Whole Foods. No Sugar
Good morning Dolls!!
Old 10-02-2012, 05:31 AM   #1715

Quote:
Originally Posted by @iamMeekness View Post
Good morning Dolls!!
Morning Meek!! you are sounding better today!... hope you are feeling BETTER too!!!!
Old 10-02-2012, 05:33 AM   #1716

- thanks Deb. I am better, just a little tired this morning. Its raining here and I wish I could have stayed in bed *yarn*

I hope you have a good day
Old 10-02-2012, 05:36 AM   #1717

Quote:
- thanks Deb. I am better, just a little tired this morning. Its raining here and I wish I could have stayed in bed *yarn*

I hope you have a good day
Oh Man me too!!!... Would have loved to lay in bed and stay under my comfy comforter!!!... It's not raining here, but it is cool and such wonderful sleeping weather!.. I will be having a wonderful day, I have already decided...

You do the same my dear!.. so glad you are feeling better!!
Old 10-02-2012, 05:38 AM   #1718

Thanks Deb
Old 10-02-2012, 07:24 AM   #1719

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/199.2/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Good morning Deb! Your WOE sounds wonderful I also have troubles with sugar, bread, etc. Once I start I can't be stopped
Old 10-02-2012, 07:28 AM   #1720

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
Good morning Deb! Your WOE sounds wonderful I also have troubles with sugar, bread, etc. Once I start I can't be stopped
ME TOO!!!! which is why I just have to say no for now... Thanks for stopping by, it sounds like you are feeling better!!! Hope your JUDDD is going well! I know there are lots of successful buddies doing JUDDD now!

If I could do the low DD I would do it too, but alas, I know myself and I can't. SO, I will follow you ladies with the cheering section!!...
Old 10-02-2012, 07:38 AM   #1721

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
ME TOO!!!! which is why I just have to say no for now... Thanks for stopping by, it sounds like you are feeling better!!! Hope your JUDDD is going well! I know there are lots of successful buddies doing JUDDD now!

If I could do the low DD I would do it too, but alas, I know myself and I can't. SO, I will follow you ladies with the cheering section!!...
Whatever you are doing now is working so why mess with it? I try to approach my DDs knowing that I have a big range of calories (390-878) for weight loss. My maintenance calories on DD are over the 878. So, if I fall somewhere in the middle of there, I'm happy!
Old 10-02-2012, 07:41 AM   #1722

Quote:
Whatever you are doing now is working so why mess with it? I try to approach my DDs knowing that I have a big range of calories (390-878) for weight loss. My maintenance calories on DD are over the 878. So, if I fall somewhere in the middle of there, I'm happy!
Sounds like a great plan for you! AND, you are right! I love the way I am eating now, and I am SLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWLY losing, but that is ok... I have a year till HAWAII!!..
Old 10-02-2012, 10:29 AM   #1723

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/???/160-mini goal
WOE: Low carb
Hey Deb!! I'm still loving WW too..the hard part is this (I understand Gracie):

Quote:
I chose WW so that I can be able to 'eat anything I want' but am learning that I have less control if it's too much, meaning I keep telling myself "I can eat anything but just stop at point limits" but I find myself overeating when it's the wrong stuff. Am I making sense? Overall, I'm really learning through trial and error food that I can eat and not eat and the affect it has on me, which is a good thing because I want to be able to maintain after it's all done and I can call goal...like Julie!! It's taken almost a month but it's getting easier day by day.
It is slow..LOL, but it's steady and after reading so many threads and posts it quickly adds up to be a lot after time.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:41 AM   #1724

Quote:
Hey Deb!! I'm still loving WW too..the hard part is this (I understand Gracie):

I chose WW so that I can be able to 'eat anything I want' but am learning that I have less control if it's too much, meaning I keep telling myself "I can eat anything but just stop at point limits" but I find myself overeating when it's the wrong stuff. Am I making sense? Overall, I'm really learning through trial and error food that I can eat and not eat and the affect it has on me, which is a good thing because I want to be able to maintain after it's all done and I can call goal...like Julie!! It's taken almost a month but it's getting easier day by day.
It is slow..LOL, but it's steady and after reading so many threads and posts it quickly adds up to be a lot after time.
YAY!! I am happy you are doing well and enjoying WW I also wanted to be able to eat what I want, but I am finding the way I feel after eating Bread or Sugar is ICKY. SO, do I really WANT to eat it? OR, can I say it is ok to eat it, but I choose not to.... my mind is wonky too!

We do play mind games with ourselves, but hey, whatever works is my motto!!!.. Keep doing what you are doing Shari, and you will keep on having success... one day at a time!!! Slow, so what?...
Old 10-03-2012, 05:49 AM   #1725

Good morning Deb. Whatever works is a good motto to have . I really don't care if my losses are slow anymore. As long as I am losing, I'm happy!!

Have a good day.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:11 AM   #1726

Quote:
Good morning Deb. Whatever works is a good motto to have . I really don't care if my losses are slow anymore. As long as I am losing, I'm happy!!

Have a good day.
Morning Meek!! I agree, whatever works, and no matter how long it takes, as long as there is progress AND you can live with what you are eating.

I swear, every weekend, I LOSE weight, then during the week at work, I gain it back!.. No reason that I know of, I eat pretty much the same... I wonder if it is because my job keeps me chained to my desk all day.. I don't get up that much except on breaks.. which I only get 2...

On the weekends I am up and doing stuff all day.. and then I lose whatever I gained during the week, plus some.. SO, I end up about a pound down each week, but it is frustrating to keep fighting this darn scale..

SOOOOOOOOO again, I go back to just weighing on Sat and Sun mornings.. It seems to be kinda opposite of what others are finding.. so I don't have a clue WHY... oh well.. I am going down some each week, and that is progress!!!!

Have a great day MEEK!
Old 10-03-2012, 09:39 AM   #1727
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I am the same way!! I tried JUDDD b/c I love the idea of having "whatever I want" on the UDs. But, I gained on it, showing clearly I CAN'T have whatever I want on the UDs . So, back to LC in general for my maintenance plan. Slow and steady wins the race!! And your skin will thank you in the long run too!!

Quote:
Morning Meek!! I agree, whatever works, and no matter how long it takes, as long as there is progress AND you can live with what you are eating.

I swear, every weekend, I LOSE weight, then during the week at work, I gain it back!.. No reason that I know of, I eat pretty much the same... I wonder if it is because my job keeps me chained to my desk all day.. I don't get up that much except on breaks.. which I only get 2...

On the weekends I am up and doing stuff all day.. and then I lose whatever I gained during the week, plus some.. SO, I end up about a pound down each week, but it is frustrating to keep fighting this darn scale..

SOOOOOOOOO again, I go back to just weighing on Sat and Sun mornings.. It seems to be kinda opposite of what others are finding.. so I don't have a clue WHY... oh well.. I am going down some each week, and that is progress!!!!

Have a great day MEEK!
Ah, very ironic!! I have the opposite weekend experience!! Of course, that's b/c of restaurant meals . A net loss of 1lb a week is excellent!! I'd be super happy w. that. WTG!!

Working on stabilizing this weight. Up after my first day eating again . Not surprising!! Gotta' stay in control though and hope the scale settles down _. Feels good though!!
Old 10-03-2012, 09:45 AM   #1728

Quote:
I am the same way!! I tried JUDDD b/c I love the idea of having "whatever I want" on the UDs. But, I gained on it, showing clearly I CAN'T have whatever I want on the UDs . So, back to LC in general for my maintenance plan. Slow and steady wins the race!! And your skin will thank you in the long run too!!

Ah, very ironic!! I have the opposite weekend experience!! Of course, that's b/c of restaurant meals . A net loss of 1lb a week is excellent!! I'd be super happy w. that. WTG!!

Working on stabilizing this weight. Up after my first day eating again . Not surprising!! Gotta' stay in control though and hope the scale settles down _. Feels good though!!
Thanks Julie!! You will do it, I know it! One step at a time, figuring out what works for your TINY BODY!.... Stay in control!!!!
Old 10-04-2012, 05:46 AM   #1729

Good morning my friends!! Nothing to report weight wise, cuz I AINT weighing till Saturday...

I feel like I overate recently.. back to counting points for the next few days.. things kinda creep into my mouth without me knowing..

I am headed back to Mom's tomorrow for the weekend, and my son ( the rich one ) is also coming for the weekend for a football game. I have to split my time between them both, and this should be fun!..

Oh well, things will work out how they are supposed to. Mom told me yesterday she was finally able to take a shower by herself! This is big I tell ya!.. Nothing like having to have someone in the shower with you and it aint the fun kind.........

Hope everyone is doing well and I will update over the weekend when I can!
Old 10-04-2012, 06:04 AM   #1730

Quote:
Good morning my friends!! Nothing to report weight wise, cuz I AINT weighing till Saturday...

I feel like I overate recently.. back to counting points for the next few days.. things kinda creep into my mouth without me knowing..

I am headed back to Mom's tomorrow for the weekend, and my son ( the rich one ) is also coming for the weekend for a football game. I have to split my time between them both, and this should be fun!..

Oh well, things will work out how they are supposed to. Mom told me yesterday she was finally able to take a shower by herself! This is big I tell ya!.. Nothing like having to have someone in the shower with you and it aint the fun kind.........
Hope everyone is doing well and I will update over the weekend when I can!
Oh my, I'm LMAO at your quote!!! I'm glad your momma is on the mend. And I totally understand about things falling in your mouth I'm tempted all day because my kids walk around with all kinds of goodies!!! Stay strong, you're doing great!
Old 10-04-2012, 06:07 AM   #1731

Quote:
Oh my, I'm LMAO at your quote!!! I'm glad your momma is on the mend. And I totally understand about things falling in your mouth I'm tempted all day because my kids walk around with all kinds of goodies!!! Stay strong, you're doing great!
Thanks Gracie! I hear ya! I just have to stay strong, and maybe listen to a little more ISLAND MUSIC or put sand under my desk.. something to remind me to keep on the path!..

You have a great day also!..
Old 10-04-2012, 07:13 AM   #1732

Good news about you mom!!! LOL @ the 'fun shower' part. It's great that you'll get to see your son as well this weekend!

ETA: Have you ever done the power foods list w/o tracking as another option or I think it's called Simply Filling plan? Most days I don't mind tracking but some days I just want to eat w/o adding to track online...

Last edited by shari; 10-04-2012 at 07:14 AM..
Old 10-04-2012, 07:57 AM   #1733

Quote:
Good news about you mom!!! LOL @ the 'fun shower' part. It's great that you'll get to see your son as well this weekend!

ETA: Have you ever done the power foods list w/o tracking as another option or I think it's called Simply Filling plan? Most days I don't mind tracking but some days I just want to eat w/o adding to track online...
Thanks Shari! Yes, I have done Simply Filling, and I really love it ALOT. The only problem I have is that I tend to overeat the good stuff. IF I gave myself permission to go a week, and not get freaked out by the scale, I bet I could get it under control. Maybe I should try that???? Thanks for the reminder..
Old 10-04-2012, 08:06 AM   #1734

GM Deb!

LOL @ the shower comment. Too funny . Glad moms is doing better though. I'm sure she's happy that she can bath herself as well . Best wishes to you during your upcoming weigh in. You're doing great!!
Old 10-04-2012, 08:10 AM   #1735

Quote:
GM Deb!

LOL @ the shower comment. Too funny . Glad moms is doing better though. I'm sure she's happy that she can bath herself as well . Best wishes to you during your upcoming weigh in. You're doing great!!
Thanks Meek!! Yes, she was sooooooooo happy to report she could now bath herself... I was happy for her!! She is feeling more confident every day that she will be fine, and recover fully. I think before she really was not sure. Her attitude and mood are back up to normal now... thank GOD!

I will do my best to get on the straight and narrow now, and NOT LET any upcoming holidays derail me! ... ALOHA!!!...till later .
Old 10-04-2012, 08:32 AM   #1736

Thank GOD for healing her - day by day .
Old 10-04-2012, 08:44 AM   #1737
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Thanks Julie!! You will do it, I know it! One step at a time, figuring out what works for your TINY BODY!.... Stay in control!!!!
you called me tiny !! I'm finally "healthy" Feels great!!

How can you stand not hopping on the scale? I'm an addict!! I'm on the fence as to whether daily weighing is a blessing or a curse? I find I can gain 10lbs in a week if I'm not diligent in weighing. But. I also stress out if I weigh daily and never had enough time to try new things out w.o. giving up and going back to "safe" eating. Yes, island music would help you stay focused
Glad mom is doing well!! And have a fun w/e w. both your loved ones!

I'll need to look at that simply filling list. I like the idea of not counting all the time.

Doing well . In range, eating well and happy .
Old 10-04-2012, 10:08 AM   #1738

Quote:
you called me tiny !! I'm finally "healthy" Feels great!!

How can you stand not hopping on the scale? I'm an addict!! I'm on the fence as to whether daily weighing is a blessing or a curse? I find I can gain 10lbs in a week if I'm not diligent in weighing. But. I also stress out if I weigh daily and never had enough time to try new things out w.o. giving up and going back to "safe" eating. Yes, island music would help you stay focused
Glad mom is doing well!! And have a fun w/e w. both your loved ones!

I'll need to look at that simply filling list. I like the idea of not counting all the time.

Doing well . In range, eating well and happy .
Very happy you are doing well Julie!! I am the same way about the scale, but unless I am in real strong losing mode like P2, I don't like to see the normal daily fluctuations! Especially when I don't sleep well, or other factors.

SO, for now, I'm gonna keep it to the weekends when I sleep the same and get up the same..... that is my baseline...

Playing some island music and kicking off my shoes!... hope you all are having a splendid day!!
Old 10-04-2012, 10:30 AM   #1739

Quote:
Thank GOD for healing her - day by day .
YES!!!! you are right!!
Old 10-05-2012, 09:09 AM   #1740

Safe travels Deb to see your mom and son!
Closed Thread