Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2012, 03:43 AM   #121
Way too much time on my hands!
 
shari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 12,262
Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: hcg 2.0
Wonderful!! Gotta love it!!
shari is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2012, 05:46 AM   #122
Big Yapper!!!!
 
12yrslater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 7,864
Gallery: 12yrslater
Stats: UGH
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Induction: 10/20/08
ROCK IT DEB! ROCK. IT.

I am going to pick your brain. So yesterday you had a DD. You ate steak in the morning correct? What else did your day consist of? (I am contemplating a steak day today!)

BTW - For once, I feel the need to weigh!! rrrggghh..... I just MAY have to cave and flirt with DH a little bit to see where he has place the scale

Enjoy your UD!
12yrslater is offline  
Old 02-17-2012, 05:49 AM   #123
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,623
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12yrslater View Post
ROCK IT DEB! ROCK. IT.

I am going to pick your brain. So yesterday you had a DD. You ate steak in the morning correct? What else did your day consist of? (I am contemplating a steak day today!)

BTW - For once, I feel the need to weigh!! rrrggghh..... I just MAY have to cave and flirt with DH a little bit to see where he has place the scale

Enjoy your UD!
Flirt with hubby to find the scale!! DO IT!.. . well my steak day was a small one in the morning , and another small one for dinner. That was around 400 cals. Then I had a piece of my home made chocolate for lunch, 80 cals. That plus my coffee with cream came out to around 600 for the day.

I was happy, satisfied, and kept myself busy so I didn't think about food!.. To bed at 8:30 also helped!...
Deb294evr is offline  
Old 02-17-2012, 06:00 AM   #124
Big Yapper!!!!
 
12yrslater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 7,864
Gallery: 12yrslater
Stats: UGH
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Induction: 10/20/08
Ohhhh...Oh I do remember you saying it was 2 oz! Correct?
Gracie mentioned a 10 oz NY strip. I want to try steak on a DD? I think there is a magic to it (higher protein).

How do you guys cook it? The only way I know involves olive oil which is good for you but does add to the cals? Thinking out loud in your journal

SO whatcha got planned for your up day? Do tell! Let me live vicariously
12yrslater is offline  
Old 02-17-2012, 06:05 AM   #125
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
MagieDen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Great Lakes State!
Posts: 4,513
Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: Twoterville/1st. Goal - ONEderland!
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Everyday!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Thanks Shari!! I did indeed!!! AND I got a 2 pound loss !! This was including my Valentines Dinner then another UP day the day before!! LOVE IT!!
2 lbs. Deb! Wow, awesome and even after a yummy Valentine's Day dinner. I bet you this WOE!



Have a great weekend!
MagieDen is offline  
Old 02-17-2012, 06:08 AM   #126
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Gracie514's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,198
Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Thanks Shari!! I did indeed!!! AND I got a 2 pound loss !! This was including my Valentines Dinner then another UP day the day before!! LOVE IT!!
Love it!!! Those steak days are amazing!!! Congrats
Gracie514 is offline  
Old 02-17-2012, 06:10 AM   #127
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Gracie514's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,198
Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12yrslater View Post
Ohhhh...Oh I do remember you saying it was 2 oz! Correct?
Gracie mentioned a 10 oz NY strip. I want to try steak on a DD? I think there is a magic to it (higher protein).

How do you guys cook it? The only way I know involves olive oil which is good for you but does add to the cals? Thinking out loud in your journal

SO whatcha got planned for your up day? Do tell! Let me live vicariously
Pati ~ I do a plain old Dr. Simeons correction day sometimes on a DD. I eat nothing until dinner and then have a nice big steak and sauteed mushrooms. I know he says a tomato but I would rather have the mushrooms!!! It's still less than 700 calories and I agree, the magic is in the protein
Gracie514 is offline  
Old 02-17-2012, 06:17 AM   #128
Big Yapper!!!!
 
12yrslater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 7,864
Gallery: 12yrslater
Stats: UGH
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Induction: 10/20/08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
Pati ~ I do a plain old Dr. Simeons correction day sometimes on a DD. I eat nothing until dinner and then have a nice big steak and sauteed mushrooms. I know he says a tomato but I would rather have the mushrooms!!! It's still less than 700 calories and I agree, the magic is in the protein
Sauteed in oil I would assume?
I think this is what I will do tonight.
12yrslater is offline  
Old 02-17-2012, 06:18 AM   #129
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Gracie514's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,198
Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12yrslater View Post
Sauteed in oil I would assume?
I think this is what I will do tonight.
I sautee mine in zero calorie butter/olive oil spray. It's right next to the butter in the grocery store. It's in a spray bottle.
Gracie514 is offline  
Old 02-17-2012, 06:19 AM   #130
Big Yapper!!!!
 
12yrslater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 7,864
Gallery: 12yrslater
Stats: UGH
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Induction: 10/20/08
I have the olive oil spray! And this is what I will be using

Thanks for your help!
12yrslater is offline  
Old 02-17-2012, 06:25 AM   #131
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Meek75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 22,837
Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Atkins
Happy Friday Deb
Meek75 is offline  
Old 02-17-2012, 06:39 AM   #132
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,623
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12yrslater View Post
Ohhhh...Oh I do remember you saying it was 2 oz! Correct?
Gracie mentioned a 10 oz NY strip. I want to try steak on a DD? I think there is a magic to it (higher protein).

How do you guys cook it? The only way I know involves olive oil which is good for you but does add to the cals? Thinking out loud in your journal

SO whatcha got planned for your up day? Do tell! Let me live vicariously
I actually weighed it out in 2 pieces, they were AROUND 2.5 oz each. Ribeye, lots of fat... Which is probably why it was so many cals.

I actually broiled mine in my broiler. I love crispy fat. You could certainly saute it!! With mushrooms sounds awesome!!..

My UP day so far is 3 chicken legs... more of my chocolate.. SO FAR. I am heading back to Mom's today for the weekend, so I am sure she will make me some good food!.. She enjoys cooking, and without Dad there she has not been using her skills. So this weekend, there will be 4 of us there for her to spoil!! I just have to watch my portions, but I am open to eating whatever she makes!!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagieDen View Post
2 lbs. Deb! Wow, awesome and even after a yummy Valentine's Day dinner. I bet you this WOE!



Have a great weekend!
Thank you Maggie!!! I am going to be helping my Momma, so that is a good weekend for me!!..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
Love it!!! Those steak days are amazing!!! Congrats
Thanks Gracie!! I agree STEAK DAYS ARE THE BEST!!.. love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by @iamMeekness View Post
Happy Friday Deb
Thank you Meek!!! I wish the same for you!!!..
Deb294evr is offline  
Old 02-20-2012, 04:15 AM   #133
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,623
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Long weekend at Mom's and then back here to take care of things. Yesterday was one month since my Dad's passing and it was a tough day for all of us. Mom just cried most of the day because she misses Dad and is very lonely. She is not really sad, she says, she just misses him being here.

Needless to say, my eating sucked this weekend. I don't worry though, today is an UP day with low carb food to get under control. I had a ribeye this morning for breakfast and I feel good to start my day..

I will check in when I get some time, MONDAY!.. ugg... Have a great day everyone!
Deb294evr is offline  
Old 02-20-2012, 05:04 AM   #134
Blabbermouth!!!
 
lorettahd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 7,017
Gallery: lorettahd
Stats: 218/176/145
WOE: HCG
Start Date: September 25, 2008 HCG 11/28/2009 P2R1 -17
Morning Deb, hope you have a good day
lorettahd is offline  
Old 02-20-2012, 05:52 AM   #135
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
MagieDen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Great Lakes State!
Posts: 4,513
Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: Twoterville/1st. Goal - ONEderland!
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Everyday!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Long weekend at Mom's and then back here to take care of things. Yesterday was one month since my Dad's passing and it was a tough day for all of us. Mom just cried most of the day because she misses Dad and is very lonely. She is not really sad, she says, she just misses him being here.

Needless to say, my eating sucked this weekend. I don't worry though, today is an UP day with low carb food to get under control. I had a ribeye this morning for breakfast and I feel good to start my day..

I will check in when I get some time, MONDAY!.. ugg... Have a great day everyone!
Oh sad to hear about your mom and missing your dad. It is nice to know that you are there for her Deb. Hey, don't feel so bad about you weekend, mine wasn't great either.

Have a great day today too!

MagieDen is offline  
Old 02-20-2012, 05:57 AM   #136
Way too much time on my hands!
 
shari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 12,262
Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: hcg 2.0
Morning Deb. I'm glad you spent time with your mom. I'm sure you all miss him. The weekend was a struggle for me too. All we can do is get back on and go from there.
shari is offline  
Old 02-20-2012, 06:14 AM   #137
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,623
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorettahd View Post
Morning Deb, hope you have a good day
Morning Loretta!! thank you, I plan to make it a good day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagieDen View Post
Oh sad to hear about your mom and missing your dad. It is nice to know that you are there for her Deb. Hey, don't feel so bad about you weekend, mine wasn't great either.

Have a great day today too!

Thanks Maggie. Yeah, seeing my Mom struggle is so hard for me. I know she has to grieve in her own way, but we are used to our parents being strong, it is tough. I am READY to have a good week and glad you are too!!. Let's just do this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Morning Deb. I'm glad you spent time with your mom. I'm sure you all miss him. The weekend was a struggle for me too. All we can do is get back on and go from there.
Thank you Shari!! We do miss him. I did see him in a dream on Saturday night which was nice and comforting, because he looked young, vibrant and healthy, happy again!.. It was wonderful, hated to wake up..

Anyway, We just have to get back on this wagon and go!!! We can and will do it!..
Deb294evr is offline  
Old 02-20-2012, 06:19 AM   #138
Big Yapper!!!!
 
12yrslater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 7,864
Gallery: 12yrslater
Stats: UGH
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Induction: 10/20/08
your mommy, you and all missing papa. Prayers it gets easier with time.

Good luck with your up day! Up day with steak sounds YUMMOOOOO!

Have a great day!
12yrslater is offline  
Old 02-20-2012, 06:21 AM   #139
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,623
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12yrslater View Post
your mommy, you and all missing papa. Prayers it gets easier with time.

Good luck with your up day! Up day with steak sounds YUMMOOOOO!

Have a great day!
Thanks Pati!!! What day are you on? DD? Up??. How was your weekend? I need to get out to the journals soon!!..
Deb294evr is offline  
Old 02-20-2012, 07:35 AM   #140
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Gracie514's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,198
Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
You almost made me cry - I feel so sad for your Mom (and you!!!) Me and my DH have been together since I was 15 years old - so 24 years. I can't even imagine him not being here anymore Prayers being sent today!

On a happy note though, your ribeye sounds fabulous!
Gracie514 is offline  
Old 02-20-2012, 07:42 AM   #141
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,623
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
You almost made me cry - I feel so sad for your Mom (and you!!!) Me and my DH have been together since I was 15 years old - so 24 years. I can't even imagine him not being here anymore Prayers being sent today!

On a happy note though, your ribeye sounds fabulous!
Thank you Gracie! .. you do understand I am sure. they were together for 56 years and honestly I don't remember a time when they were apart for more than a couple of days... it does break my heart too, I miss him, but to have your life turned around so drastically with no warning, is just traumatic.

So, I try to call her everyday, and she also said that no matter who is there, it won't take the place that is empty. It HELPS, but it won't take Dad's place, and she just has to get through this. Hopefully with spring coming and her being able to get outside, it will help her.

ANYWAY, thank you all for understanding my feelings today.. and it will be a better day for sure!!!.. The Ribeye was MARVELOUS!! and I am full.. that is a good thing...
Deb294evr is offline  
Old 02-20-2012, 08:41 AM   #142
Big Yapper!!!!
 
julieboolie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Sunny AZ
Posts: 8,814
Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Deb. I didn't know about your dad. I am so sorry!! And your mom too!! My dad passed almost 5 years ago and it was the hardest thing I've gone through. We were very close. My mom took over a year to recover but has now gone on to make a good life for herself. It still hurts, but time does help to lessen the raw ache. Holidays are hard. He was so much fun and just delightful to be around. But, I try to focus on being grateful that I got to have him for as long as I did .

As for weight and eating over the weekend... it's a lifetime plan. Your life will have high calorie stretches, and low cal ones. Balancing them will keep you moving ahead. You're right back on track today Good for you!!
__________________
Julie
Prov. 3:5-6 - "He shall direct (my) paths"
Daily updates in my journal. http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...s-journal.html
julieboolie is offline  
Old 02-20-2012, 09:35 AM   #143
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,623
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Deb. I didn't know about your dad. I am so sorry!! And your mom too!! My dad passed almost 5 years ago and it was the hardest thing I've gone through. We were very close. My mom took over a year to recover but has now gone on to make a good life for herself. It still hurts, but time does help to lessen the raw ache. Holidays are hard. He was so much fun and just delightful to be around. But, I try to focus on being grateful that I got to have him for as long as I did .

As for weight and eating over the weekend... it's a lifetime plan. Your life will have high calorie stretches, and low cal ones. Balancing them will keep you moving ahead. You're right back on track today Good for you!!
thank you so much Julie!! It really helps to hear from you guys have been here before. I hope Mom finds peace like yours did. I know it takes time.

Writing on my phone because for some reason the site is down on my work computer. Gasp!!! LOL will try again soon.
Deb294evr is offline  
Old 02-20-2012, 12:25 PM   #144
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,623
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Just a real quick picture to cheer me up!..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg adamalbumcover.jpg (59.8 KB, 6 views)
Deb294evr is offline  
Old 02-20-2012, 08:58 PM   #145
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Meek75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 22,837
Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Atkins
You love yourself some Adam Lam-Lam, huh?!

Glad your in a better mood. Stay strong and have a great week!
Meek75 is offline  
Old 02-21-2012, 05:02 AM   #146
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,623
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by @iamMeekness View Post
You love yourself some Adam Lam-Lam, huh?!

Glad your in a better mood. Stay strong and have a great week!
boy do I love me some LAM LAM!!!... he always makes me smile... thanks Meek!! I do feel better. My days are a roller coaster, but I am good overall!!
Deb294evr is offline  
Old 02-21-2012, 05:37 AM   #147
Big Yapper!!!!
 
12yrslater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 7,864
Gallery: 12yrslater
Stats: UGH
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Induction: 10/20/08
Morning Deb!

Hope you have a great day!
12yrslater is offline  
Old 02-21-2012, 05:38 AM   #148
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,623
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12yrslater View Post
Morning Deb!

Hope you have a great day!
Thanks Pati! I hope the same for you my dear! My day is going well so far. Today is a DD. We shall SEE!!..
Deb294evr is offline  
Old 02-21-2012, 05:45 AM   #149
Big Yapper!!!!
 
12yrslater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 7,864
Gallery: 12yrslater
Stats: UGH
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Induction: 10/20/08
Same schedule? DD for me too. I need it tho. I actually FEEL bloated
12yrslater is offline  
Old 02-21-2012, 05:50 AM   #150
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,623
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12yrslater View Post
Same schedule? DD for me too. I need it tho. I actually FEEL bloated
YOU DO?... wow, so do I. I need a good DD today also!
Deb294evr is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:18 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.