LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2012, 07:16 AM   #1141
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilded Lily View Post
Another "Wheat Belly" fan. I'm still reading it, but it makes a lot of sense to me. I'm watching the Robin video too, Deb. It is interesting. I'm going to order her book after I finish "Wheat Belly".

It sounds like you and I basically eat the same foods. I need to branch out with cooking and recipes though. I ate so many carbs for so many years, I don't really have good recipes and ideas for this way of eating.
Oh yes! I am such a boring eater! I would love to have someone cook for me, and I would be in heaven!... I do need to branch out also, and find something to make food more interesting, so I don't need to keep on looking for something MORE.

Robin's tapes really have me looking at the INSIDE, and emotional part of all eating... really good stuff!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2012, 07:34 AM   #1142

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186.6/169-mini goal
WOE: very low carb
Good morning Deb, good info! I have to find time to view the videos...seems right down the road of what I need now. I too find that I'm feeling more free and naturally want to eat healthier...especially with exercising. It is good to know that I can have other food if I want but I really do feel better w/o eating a lot of junk. I need to reserve Wheat Belly..sounds interesting...
Old 06-19-2012, 07:40 AM   #1143

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Good morning Deb, good info! I have to find time to view the videos...seems right down the road of what I need now. I too find that I'm feeling more free and naturally want to eat healthier...especially with exercising. It is good to know that I can have other food if I want but I really do feel better w/o eating a lot of junk. I need to reserve Wheat Belly..sounds interesting...
That is wonderful Shari!! I also feel so much better eating healthier food. I am putting yet another video here, because it really hits home also.

Good stuff right here!

Old 06-19-2012, 07:55 AM   #1144

I have to post SOMETHING for my 7,800 post!!.. LADIES WE GOT THIS!!! honestly , we DO.

Love you all!.. you are wonderful folks...
Old 06-19-2012, 08:23 AM   #1145

OHHHHH ANOTHER GOOD ONE! sorry folks if I am overdoing it, but this is good stuff for me..

Old 06-19-2012, 08:27 AM   #1146
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
WTG DEB!! 7800 posts? You go!!

Thanks for the video. I watched the first one, the one where she's counselling a first timer. Good stuff!! I have the ebook and started it, but then got distracted by life. I'll work on reading it. I like a lot of what she said. We can have a "do-over"! We can change our emotional attatchment to food. We need to retrain ourselves and focus on other projects, not food. All really hit home for me too!! Thanks!

I'm so excited for you. You're in such a good place and your mindset it right on!! I hope this really revolutionizes food and your whole life!! Thanks for sharing w. us .

And yes, 111 is bad . I even played softball in it last night!! Hot!! But, such is life in Az. the price I pay for 70 deg winter . I'm ok w. it. I can't do cold anymore.

Have a great day ladies!! Thinking about all of you today!!
Old 06-19-2012, 08:33 AM   #1147

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
WTG DEB!! 7800 posts? You go!!

Thanks for the video. I watched the first one, the one where she's counselling a first timer. Good stuff!! I have the ebook and started it, but then got distracted by life. I'll work on reading it. I like a lot of what she said. We can have a "do-over"! We can change our emotional attatchment to food. We need to retrain ourselves and focus on other projects, not food. All really hit home for me too!! Thanks!

I'm so excited for you. You're in such a good place and your mindset it right on!! I hope this really revolutionizes food and your whole life!! Thanks for sharing w. us .

And yes, 111 is bad . I even played softball in it last night!! Hot!! But, such is life in Az. the price I pay for 70 deg winter . I'm ok w. it. I can't do cold anymore.

Have a great day ladies!! Thinking about all of you today!!
Awe thanks Julie!! I agree, she has done a ton of research and really handles these people well. She sure does NOT hold back on letting folks know what to look for, and why things are happening. Love it!

As for your softball in AZ weather!! YOU ARE NUTS!... ok, you are not, just an active lady who knows what she likes! GO JULIE!!!! Glad you are enjoying life, and doing what you love.

Now, the cold, for me is a distant memory, but just wait!.. Missouri USUALLY has cold winters, but this last one was just crazy weird.

Have a great day!!
Old 06-19-2012, 08:37 AM   #1148

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Wow! The leptin video rocks She makes SO MUCH SENSE. I would never not feed my kids or not bring snacks with us! I'm going to try and put her tools to use in my life for sure. I like when she says to treat yourself like you would treat a child. She's one smart cookie!!!
Old 06-19-2012, 08:38 AM   #1149

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
Wow! The leptin video rocks She makes SO MUCH SENSE. I would never not feed my kids or not bring snacks with us! I'm going to try and put her tools to use in my life for sure. I like when she says to treat yourself like you would treat a child. She's one smart cookie!!!
Totally AGREE Gracie!!! She is good! I had an AH HA!! Moment when she said that. Treat YOURSELF, with as much love as you have for your CHILD.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:39 AM   #1150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Totally AGREE Gracie!!! She is good! I had an AH HA!! Moment when she said that. Treat YOURSELF, with as much love as you have for your CHILD.
I know!!! Me too
Old 06-19-2012, 08:44 AM   #1151

She has 82 video's and they are all hard hitting to the point, and supportive. I what she has to say...

I have only watched parts of the long ones, but I am going to watch them all in their entirety WHILE I WORK...
Old 06-19-2012, 08:45 AM   #1152

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
She has 82 video's and they are all hard hitting to the point, and supportive. I what she has to say...

I have only watched parts of the long ones, but I am going to watch them all in their entirety WHILE I WORK...
Are these on youtube?
Old 06-19-2012, 08:51 AM   #1153

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
Are these on youtube?
Yes, if you click on the videos I posted, at the top it will show you her personal videos. They are all on You Tube.
Old 06-19-2012, 02:15 PM   #1154

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186.6/169-mini goal
WOE: very low carb
WOW Deb!! I just finished all 3 videos and it's speaks directly to me. Even though I'm not doing hcg, it's helpful for any WOE and the binge eating that can come. Thank you for adding them to your journal. This is just what I need to help get through JUDDD on those 500 cal days and also to not gorge on my UDs. Good stuff, for real
Old 06-19-2012, 02:19 PM   #1155

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
WOW Deb!! I just finished all 3 videos and it's speaks directly to me. Even though I'm not doing hcg, it's helpful for any WOE and the binge eating that can come. Thank you for adding them to your journal. This is just what I need to help get through JUDDD on those 500 cal days and also to not gorge on my UDs. Good stuff, for real
YAY!!! I am so happy it is helping you too!! I TOTALLY AGREE!! this information is good for ANY WOE.. you are right!
Old 06-20-2012, 04:32 AM   #1156

Really working on my hunger scale today. 1-5. I think the science behind those of us who have too much fat is fascinating! She said that fat people rarely are TRUELY hungry because our fat produces so much Leptin, that it satisfies our need for food.

When I really thiink about it, it is so TRUE. I am RARELY really hungry. I eat because something looks/smells/sounds good sometimes. OR because the clock says it is time. I am doing an experiment today in waiting until I am truely feeling hunger. She said to also be careful that when us fatties
DO get truely hungry, it comes on real fast, so be prepared.

I am going to wait till I am a 3 and a half, then eat something. I was eating breakfast because I was supposed to. The diet industry SUCKS.

I am prepared with healthy food, and have had my coffee at 445 am. I am still about a 5 on the hunger scale. This tells me I either ate too much last night, or I have enough Leptin in my system due to my excess fat.. Either way, I don't need to eat when I am not hungry.

She also said something interesting comparing eating when not hungry to going pee when you don't need to. She said why would you go sit on a toilet when you don' t have to go? True! We go when the URGE to pee is something we can't ignore. Same with hunger. Why should we eat when our bodies do not need to?

I am taking vitamins and minerals so I am not worried about my nutrients!

Anyway!!! more videos to get me through work today!! LOVE IT! Everyone have a great day!
Old 06-20-2012, 04:52 AM   #1157
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: Goal Wt-135 lbs!
WOE: Stillman's - 21 days!
Start Date: 7/28/14 - 8/17/14
Good Wednesday Morning to you Deb!

Awesome post and so excited for your NEW experiment in regards to hunger and Leptin. I find it makes sense also and me ate toooo much yesterday because I am NOT certainly hungry today and am drinking my morning cafe'. Maybe I just got used to this doing the Hhcg Protocol? I like the line
"we fatties" yes, I admit this describes me.

I am so glad you have been watching these videos because they REALLY helped me with the Protocol but the strength in my faith was and always will be key for me. Our bodies are so perfectly made and we/I screwed them up will eating when we are not hungry and eating the wrong foods.

I AM SOOO EXCITED FOR YOU that you are working on the hunger scale and being cautious that the hunger will come on really fast, because it does believe you me.

Have a wonderful day Deb and I am here to cheer you/us on. BTW- what kind of girl is going to Hawaii next year and doesn't really care for coconuts?

Toodles!

One life to live, one day at a time, one pound at a time!

Last edited by MagieDen; 06-20-2012 at 04:54 AM..
Old 06-20-2012, 05:08 AM   #1158

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagieDen View Post
Good Wednesday Morning to you Deb!

Awesome post and so excited for your NEW experiment in regards to hunger and Leptin. I find it makes sense also and me ate toooo much yesterday because I am NOT certainly hungry today and am drinking my morning cafe'. Maybe I just got used to this doing the Hhcg Protocol? I like the line
"we fatties" yes, I admit this describes me.

I am so glad you have been watching these videos because they REALLY helped me with the Protocol but the strength in my faith was and always will be key for me. Our bodies are so perfectly made and we/I screwed them up will eating when we are not hungry and eating the wrong foods.

I AM SOOO EXCITED FOR YOU that you are working on the hunger scale and being cautious that the hunger will come on really fast, because it does believe you me.

Have a wonderful day Deb and I am here to cheer you/us on. BTW- what kind of girl is going to Hawaii next year and doesn't really care for coconuts?

Toodles!
MAGGIE!! wonderful post thank you!!!! I agree with everything you said. Our bodies were made perfectly!! THANK YOU GOD! WE are the ones who did the damage, and WE are the ones who have to correct it.

I am loving these videos, Girl you were holding out on us!... I just stumbled across them on the HCG forum. OR DID I? I was meant to see them when I did.

As for the HAWAIIAN girl who does not like coconut? WELL, I think I will LOVE the real thing, I just don't care for the processed stuff in candy and such. I DO love pineapple!...

Anyway, I am stoked! ( yes I am old ) to put this to practice each and everyday, and Robin even says it is a process, but we can have that WOW or AHHA!!! moment and it can be instant. So for ME, the realization is instant, but the practice will take time. I am OK WITH THAT!!!

Still at about a 4.75. I am truly not hungry. It is amazing because by now, I would have had a full breakfast without thinking.

I like her hunger scale as it is unusual. 1-5 for hunger, and 6-10 for fullness.

I will try to attach it here, as I think it is interesting and someone else may benefit.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hunger Scale.jpg (58.6 KB, 11 views)
Old 06-20-2012, 06:09 AM   #1159

I decided to buy Robin's book in support of what she has done for me....
Old 06-20-2012, 06:49 AM   #1160

I am sitting here thinking about how I used to eat, or usually ate. I wonder if anyone else has eaten that way.

I used to gauge when it was time to eat, when my belly was no longer stuffed. The first feeling of not being stuffed meant I could eat again...... Holy crap was that wrong.

So emotional. I eat, or ate, out of emotion. Sure as heck was not HUNGRY. Dang. Learn Learn Learn.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:41 AM   #1161

ok, so I am at a 3.5 and eating lunch! Thrilled with my progress today. Boy I am being chatty with myself today, but that is OK!
Old 06-20-2012, 10:44 AM   #1162
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: 12yrslater
Stats: UGH
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Induction: 10/20/08

Great discussion. Too bad I have no time to watch the videos!

Sounds like you are doing wonderfully with your hunger Deb. KUTGW.

Have a great rest of the day

Pati
Old 06-20-2012, 10:47 AM   #1163

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12yrslater View Post

Great discussion. Too bad I have no time to watch the videos!

Sounds like you are doing wonderfully with your hunger Deb. KUTGW.

Have a great rest of the day

Pati
Awe shucks Pati! Wish you had more time, but totally!! understand! This is life changing for me.. everything is finally coming to a head in my journey here, and the timing is just right. I am thrilled.

Anyway!! Good to have you here even for a moment! I hope you get more time soon!! Miss ya! Have a great day!
Old 06-20-2012, 12:00 PM   #1164

one more........ the diet industry!!..... ugh! Yes, I am an addict, and have bought into it all! Diets since I was 13 years old. Wow.

Old 06-20-2012, 12:25 PM   #1165
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey lady I hope you enjoyed your lunch? I am sure it was something yummy and you really enjoyed it because you were truly hungry. I think I posted in Shari's journal or mine that I was going to read Weightloss Apocolypse which of course is Robin's book and that I was watching some videos. I am sorry that I didn't fully share. I have a hard time with posting stuff like you did with Robin's videos from You tube or other sites I really just don't know how to do it and someone would have to take me by the hand and go step by step. I still don't know how to get the pictures off of my camera and post a new picture of me, really. I am glad you know how and can share with others these videos. Hey, since you think I held out on you all on Robin's videos and her take on the Hhcg Protocol I will tell you that a long time HCGer posted that she had her yearly check up and the doctor's said she is great and no has healthyissues because of using Hhcg. Did I make up for not telling you about Robin's videos? I just had lunch and it is 3:12 in the afternoon. I had coffee this morning and just wasn't hungry till a bit ago and have eaten until satiated. I went clothes shopping this morning and was able to get a size 14 capri(I don't wear shorts in public ) and was surprised. I have been wearing these 16 jean capris and noticed they are loose so I gave a 14 a try today and low and behold they fit. I know that different manufacturers make them different but I was thrilled to see 14. I can sit down in them comfortable enough not to feel like a stuffed sausage. I think I told you I wear a 1x top now instead of a 3x because my girls need the room. Needless to say I was grinning from ear to ear to able to get in those 14's. I didn't want to shop too much because I will be doing the protocol again and figured those 14's better fit even better after it or I may have to buy some new pants. Anyway better get going I a full now from my meal which was like cabbage soup and a slice of turkey rolled up with a hand full of almonds. Have a good one.

Deb again I am truly sorry I didn't share with you more of what inspired me. I knew I was going to do the Hhcg Protocol again and I had gone to You tube to watch Hcg videos and Robin's videos were on there and I watched and got it. I really believe in timing and seasons in life and it was my time. It is YOUR time now and am glad that I cannot take any credit in the motivation that you are getting from these videos. I just am a private person at heart and didn't know how to share with others what I found. It was my strength given to me by my Lord and these videos and realizing that food should not control me and to stop putting an emotion towards food and staying off that darned scale.

It's YOUR time girlfriend, go for it!

Last edited by MagieDen; 06-20-2012 at 12:32 PM..
Old 06-20-2012, 12:28 PM   #1166
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
I'm with Pati. Wish I had more time to watch the videos. I also bought the book and have gotten half way through ch 1. I need to put more time into it. Sigh.

Deb-I'm so happy it's all coming together for you. I'm starting to wrap my head around it too and it's so exciting!! Do you think we could possibly be unlocking the key to all this weight mess? I sure do hope so!!
Old 06-20-2012, 12:32 PM   #1167

YES!!!!!! You are forgiven!.........

Oh my Maggie, what a beautiful post! I was really only joking and am so happy to know that you did read the book and saw the videos before you did your round. It makes total sense to me now. You didn't want to weigh daily, and other things that I can now see could have been Robin's influence.

ALSO, I was blind to seeing what you said when you did say it..... so not your fault!....

So happy for you getting those small Capri's!!! YAY!!! I never wear shorts in public either.....ugh on the legs.....

I am hoping for a much better body image by this time next year!! HAWAII HERE I COME!!!

I am definitely going to do another round, where I was wishy washy before, now I am going to do it. I am going to follow it her way. I will give myself up to it, and go from there.... not YET, but I'll post when I do.

THANK YOU MAGGIE!!!!! AS for posting the videos, just copy the url at the top of the you tube video and paste it to the post! EASY!!!!
Old 06-20-2012, 12:34 PM   #1168

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
I'm with Pati. Wish I had more time to watch the videos. I also bought the book and have gotten half way through ch 1. I need to put more time into it. Sigh.

Deb-I'm so happy it's all coming together for you. I'm starting to wrap my head around it too and it's so exciting!! Do you think we could possibly be unlocking the key to all this weight mess? I sure do hope so!!
YES JULIE!!!! the lock is being picked!..... I hope you have some time to check out the video's before you do your next round... I am going to do one too, and I am so thrilled I saw these first!

WE GOT THIS LADIES!!!
Old 06-20-2012, 12:49 PM   #1169
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you for your fogiveness mighty Saheb! I still don't know how to copy and paste. I am a mess!

I actually didn't READ her book but intended too. I mostly watched her videos and got the gist of what she was saying about the Protocol. I didn't want to let the scale master me and food as well. I stayed pretty much Simeone's Protocol but didn't freak out if I added another particular food. I mixed veggies at times. I took my drops and ate when I felt hungry mostly 500 calories but sometimes not. I just concentrated on how long I would do it until I felt done with it and wanted more fatty food.

Honey this time next year YOU WILL be looking mighty fine!!!

TODAY is the official start to summer Deb! Whooo Hoooo!!!!!
Old 06-20-2012, 12:52 PM   #1170

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagieDen View Post
Thank you for your fogiveness mighty Saheb! I still don't know how to copy and paste. I am a mess!

I actually didn't READ her book but intended too. I mostly watched her videos and got the gist of what she was saying about the Protocol. I didn't want to let the scale master me and food as well. I stayed pretty much Simeone's Protocol but didn't freak out if I added another particular food. I mixed veggies at times. I took my drops and ate when I felt hungry mostly 500 calories but sometimes not. I just concentrated on how long I would do it until I felt done with it and wanted more fatty food.

Honey this time next year YOU WILL be looking mighty fine!!!

TODAY is the official start to summer Deb! Whooo Hoooo!!!!!
Thanks MAGGIE!!!!!
Closed Thread