LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2012, 10:07 AM   #1081
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
Do tell - what kinds of treats are you making??? I need some ideas to help me with my sweet tooth
Well I think I have told you about the clouds and the chocolate before, but I also enjoy Angel food cake made with pineapple instead of water. IT IS FABULOUS!!! I put whipped cream on top and have a nice low point dessert.

I am really finding that I am using fresh fruit for my desserts much more now. I am LOSING my desire for sugar other than the natural fruit kind. Wierd huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilded Lily View Post
Hi lady!
HI Brenda!! Good to see you hop on by! How are you??

Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2012, 10:09 AM   #1082

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Well I think I have told you about the clouds and the chocolate before, but I also enjoy Angel food cake made with pineapple instead of water. IT IS FABULOUS!!! I put whipped cream on top and have a nice low point dessert.

I am really finding that I am using fresh fruit for my desserts much more now. I am LOSING my desire for sugar other than the natural fruit kind. Wierd huh?

HI Brenda!! Good to see you hop on by! How are you??

I angel food cake!!! I've never made it before though I always just buy it already made. It's pretty low-calorie though, right? Just add fruit and whipped cream
Old 06-13-2012, 10:10 AM   #1083

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
I angel food cake!!! I've never made it before though I always just buy it already made. It's pretty low-calorie though, right? Just add fruit and whipped cream
YES!! just make the box cake and it is low cal. Add the fruit and WC. yum!!!
Old 06-14-2012, 05:22 AM   #1084

I am still so positive I have to make something good out of this.. I have to do a round of steriods for my allergies! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... I hate them....

I always have a weight gain from water weight when I do a round. HOWEVER, my doc just said STAY OFF THE SCALE FOR at LEAST 10 days!..

Ok, So I am officially putting the scale away for 2 weeks. This may not be a bad idea. It is also going to be important for me to keep track of points. This is a time, when I get increased hunger, and my IE does not work as well. I am going to get through this, but it is my first challenge..

Today is SUPER SUPER busy, so I will try to get back at lunch, and see how everyone is doing. Have a great day all!..
Old 06-14-2012, 05:36 AM   #1085
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Quote:
I am still so positive I have to make something good out of this.. I have to do a round of steriods for my allergies! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... I hate them....

I always have a weight gain from water weight when I do a round. HOWEVER, my doc just said STAY OFF THE SCALE FOR at LEAST 10 days!..

Ok, So I am officially putting the scale away for 2 weeks. This may not be a bad idea. It is also going to be important for me to keep track of points. This is a time, when I get increased hunger, and my IE does not work as well. I am going to get through this, but it is my first challenge..

Today is SUPER SUPER busy, so I will try to get back at lunch, and see how everyone is doing. Have a great day all!..
Ahhhh Deb so sorry your allergies are out of control. Pooo! on having to take the steroids. Hubby has had to do this from time to time and definitely hide that scale, I mean REALLY hide it. You are in good company because I am staying off of it for some time with TOM in the house so you won't be alone. I know you will get through it and come out just fine in the end. Have a good day and take care of yourself!
Old 06-14-2012, 05:39 AM   #1086

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagieDen View Post
Ahhhh Deb so sorry your allergies are out of control. Pooo! on having to take the steroids. Hubby has had to do this from time to time and definitely hide that scale, I mean REALLY hide it. You are in good company because I am staying off of it for some time with TOM in the house so you won't be alone. I know you will get through it and come out just fine in the end. Have a good day and take care of yourself!
Thank you Maggie!! Good to know that i am not alone!.. POOO on the scale for awhile!...

Hope you get through TOM without too much hassle. When I turned 50 mine were just out of control! TMI!!! So glad I am past that now.. and you too shall be free before too long!...
Old 06-14-2012, 05:51 AM   #1087
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Gilded Lily
So sorry about your allergies. I started taking a homeopathic spray and it really has seemed to help. Hope you feel better soon.
Old 06-14-2012, 05:54 AM   #1088

Quote:
So sorry about your allergies. I started taking a homeopathic spray and it really has seemed to help. Hope you feel better soon.
That sounds like a much better alternative. I will look into it. Thanks Brenda! The problem I am having right now is that it is sooooooo bad, that my immune system is working overdrive and the steriods always calm it down.

If I could keep them in check with something like you are talking about, then I MAYBE could avoid future rounds. Worth looking into for sure!! I just love being outside so much, and when I do, this seems to happen. .ugh....
Old 06-14-2012, 07:50 AM   #1089

Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Atkins Inductions for 14 Days
Start Date: 6/10/2014
Hi Deb
Old 06-14-2012, 07:52 AM   #1090

Quote:
Originally Posted by @iamMeekness View Post
Hi Deb
HIYA MEEK!!! congrats on the wt loss!! I will visit the journals at lunch. HAVE A GREAT DAY!!
Old 06-15-2012, 05:06 AM   #1091
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Friday Morning Deb! Anything planned for the weekend? Me I am going for a Train Ride and a Boat Ride tomorrow with some friends, it should be fun as long as TOM doesn't give me a fit. I know Father's Day is coming up and I am sure you as well as your family are missing your dad? I pray that you can get through this time and enjoy one anothers company despite him being gone. DFIL wanted stuff for his adventure in Bee Keeping so we got him a book and some Bee Gloves, I found some wrapping paper with cute little bees on it (are bees cute?) and a beee card. I hope he likes the gift.

Well just dropping by to say have a good Friday and weekend in whatever plans you have.

Official start of Summer, June 20th!
Old 06-15-2012, 05:24 AM   #1092

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186.6/169-mini goal
WOE: very low carb
Good morning Deb, sorry about your allergies...agree about the scale. Maybe give it to hubby and let him put it away, I think Pati did this..LOL. That way you won't be tempted to pull it out. As long as you stick to point system I think you'll be okay after this round is over. Like Maggie, my thoughts are with you and fam as Father's Day approaches.

Maggie~sounds like a nice weekend. Hope TOM behaves!
Old 06-15-2012, 05:36 AM   #1093
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Good morning Deb, sorry about your allergies...agree about the scale. Maybe give it to hubby and let him put it away, I think Pati did this..LOL. That way you won't be tempted to pull it out. As long as you stick to point system I think you'll be okay after this round is over. Like Maggie, my thoughts are with you and fam as Father's Day approaches.

Hey Shari! TOM better behave I WILL enjoy this weekend despite of it! You have a fantastic weekend yourself!
Old 06-15-2012, 05:37 AM   #1094

LOL, that's right...you too.
Old 06-15-2012, 06:49 AM   #1095
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
That sounds like a much better alternative. I will look into it. Thanks Brenda! The problem I am having right now is that it is sooooooo bad, that my immune system is working overdrive and the steriods always calm it down.

If I could keep them in check with something like you are talking about, then I MAYBE could avoid future rounds. Worth looking into for sure!! I just love being outside so much, and when I do, this seems to happen. .ugh....
Oh goodness, it sounds like you have it way worse than I do! Hope you're feeling better in time for this coming weekend!
Old 06-15-2012, 07:01 AM   #1096

Quote:
Good Friday Morning Deb! Anything planned for the weekend? Me I am going for a Train Ride and a Boat Ride tomorrow with some friends, it should be fun as long as TOM doesn't give me a fit. I know Father's Day is coming up and I am sure you as well as your family are missing your dad? I pray that you can get through this time and enjoy one anothers company despite him being gone. DFIL wanted stuff for his adventure in Bee Keeping so we got him a book and some Bee Gloves, I found some wrapping paper with cute little bees on it (are bees cute?) and a beee card. I hope he likes the gift.

Well just dropping by to say have a good Friday and weekend in whatever plans you have.

Official start of Summer, June 20th!
Have fun Maggie!!! I am going to enjoy a peaceful weekend, and try to keep Mom's spirits up too... Should be interesting. I do miss my Dad and his presence is everywhere around us girls right now. We are ALL feeling it. It is amazing the signs we are getting.. I will include a link to a song that he"SENT" us yesterday. Thinking about him then this random??? song comes on. Interesting!!

Spirit Voyage Music - You Can Relax Now by Shakta Kaur Khalsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post

Thank you Shari!! The steriods always make me feel better immediately, but the side effects suck so bad. INCREASED appetite, and weight gain. HOWEVER, I won't let this deter me!!! you have a wonderful weekend!!

I am thinking of Dad alot lately, it is going to be difficult, but I know he is fine.

Quote:
Oh goodness, it sounds like you have it way worse than I do! Hope you're feeling better in time for this coming weekend!
Thank you Brenda, I am feeling better so far!! You have a wonderful fun weekend!!
Old 06-15-2012, 08:12 AM   #1097
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Deb!! SOrry I haven't been in for a bit to check up on you!!

on the allergies, and steroids!! Hope it settles down quickly and your control minimizes any weight gains. You're doing so well!!

I'm off to SCal in a few hours to see my old college roomies and friends! I graduated from UCI 20 years ago today!! We're having a big party and bonfire at Corona Del Mar beach tonight!! Can't wait!!

Have a wonderful weekend!! Stay in control but have some fun!!
Old 06-15-2012, 08:15 AM   #1098

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Deb!! SOrry I haven't been in for a bit to check up on you!!

on the allergies, and steroids!! Hope it settles down quickly and your control minimizes any weight gains. You're doing so well!!

I'm off to SCal in a few hours to see my old college roomies and friends! I graduated from UCI 20 years ago today!! We're having a big party and bonfire at Corona Del Mar beach tonight!! Can't wait!!

Have a wonderful weekend!! Stay in control but have some fun!!
Thank you Julie!!! I am gonna be fine! You go and have an AWESOME College reunion!!

WOW.. 20 years huh?.. you're a baby!... jENJOY!!!! I am jealous of you going to Cali!!.. miss it!
Old 06-16-2012, 10:57 AM   #1099

I was not going to weigh today, since I am on my round of steriods, but I peeked... Down 2 pounds!! I am very happy about that!!!.. Was not expecting any loss.

So I am loving this summer fruit, and obviously I can still lose eating it, so it STAYS!!!.. In fact I am eating so normally I don't know how I am losing weight. I will take it though!!! It is staying off, and that is my main goal!!!

Hope everyone is enjoying this lovely weekend!!..
Old 06-16-2012, 03:39 PM   #1100
Blabbermouth!!!

Good for you, Deb! I am loving the fruit too. Every day we eat a bunch. Watermelon, canteloupe, cherries, strawberries, peaches, honeydew... Love it so much!
Old 06-16-2012, 03:41 PM   #1101

Quote:
Good for you, Deb! I am loving the fruit too. Every day we eat a bunch. Watermelon, canteloupe, cherries, strawberries, peaches, honeydew... Love it so much!
ME TOO!! you really can't beat good fresh summer fruit!!! Have to enjoy it while we can! ..
Old 06-16-2012, 06:02 PM   #1102
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well just look at you lady!!!! You are truly doing it and enjoying the foods that you are eating. I am so tired from the long day with friends but just wanted to see how everyone was doing, carry on you are doing great!

Old 06-17-2012, 08:34 AM   #1103

Quote:
Well just look at you lady!!!! You are truly doing it and enjoying the foods that you are eating. I am so tired from the long day with friends but just wanted to see how everyone was doing, carry on you are doing great!

Thank you Maggie! Hope you got rested up! I am being lazy today, going to swim some and then do some housework, but for now, LAZY..

Have a great day and enjoy!
Old 06-18-2012, 03:31 AM   #1104

Good Monday Morning All!! I am going to be so busy today that I thought I would stop by real quick and be back at lunch. I have been reading the Weight Loss Apocalypse information over on the HCG board, then on Robin's site. It is very much like IE. I love reading all about it, and watching her videos. This lady is awesome! She really tells it like it is!!!

Brenda, I saw you were in the thread for the facebook link, what do you think of her? I am not planning a round of HCG, but I am definately going to follow her advice on the whole Leptin issue. We have more fat, so more leptin, and we do NOT need to eat as much as a thin person does without this advantage. Listening for REAL hunger is really important, and I was getting away from that for a while now.

If anyone is interested check out her website, or just google Weight Loss Apocalypse. Her videos will hit you in the gut!..
Old 06-18-2012, 06:39 AM   #1105
Blabbermouth!!!

Deb, I haven't had a chance to look at that yet though I plan on it. I've got so many books stacked up here, I just haven't had the time. But, what I've heard so far makes sense. If you're not hungry, don't eat. Sounds good to me. Also, I hear that she's not a fan of cd's either. I am becoming more and more of that mindset although I do think there are times when a cd is warrented.

Deb, have you tried pluots? I think that's how it's spelled. It's like a cross between a plum and an apricot? When you get a good, ripe one, it's like heaven on earth! It also reminds me of a peach somewhat.

Brenda

hhcg R1P2VLCD40 -26.0 hhcg R2P2VLCD42 -22.4 hcg R3P2VLCD60 -25.6 hhcg R4P2VCLD21 -08.6 Total: -82.6 hhcg R5P2VLCD21 -9.6
Total loss: 100+

My Weight Loss Journal: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...lilys-pad.html
Old 06-18-2012, 06:42 AM   #1106
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Good Monday Morning All!! I am going to be so busy today that I thought I would stop by real quick and be back at lunch. I have been reading the Weight Loss Apocalypse information over on the HCG board, then on Robin's site. It is very much like IE. I love reading all about it, and watching her videos. This lady is awesome! She really tells it like it is!!!

Brenda, I saw you were in the thread for the facebook link, what do you think of her? I am not planning a round of HCG, but I am definately going to follow her advice on the whole Leptin issue. We have more fat, so more leptin, and we do NOT need to eat as much as a thin person does without this advantage. Listening for REAL hunger is really important, and I was getting away from that for a while now.

If anyone is interested check out her website, or just google Weight Loss Apocalypse. Her videos will hit you in the gut!..
Her videos and what she said helped me sooo much with my round of Hhcg Protocol. I was not always hungry but would eat when it was time and I do think it is alot like IE. I am putting that in practice now and still don't eat until the afternoon and mostly when I am hungry. TOM has left the building and took with him 4 lbs, can you believe it, I hate TOM but always glad when he leaves. I like her idea about the scale, something Simeone wouldn't approve of but we need to learn how to live and not get soooo batty about the scale number. I was focused this round because I wanted under 200 lbs. but now until I work on another round in September I am enjoying my summer and exercise and relating to food as fuel and that is why I gave myself the 5 + or - for myself instead of the 2 lb gauge. Alot of people are reading her book before starting a round and I believe they have much more success than others have in the past. I know she also says no biggie to mxing veggies but I think she is just a stickler to the foods that are allowable especially only eating toward ones hunger level recognizing that before and suring TOM woman are MORE hungry than at other times. Yes, I have plenty of Leptin and need to work on recognzing TRUE hunger. Glad to hear that you are getting something from it, she makes alot of good points. The correction part would be for me just reeling my eating in with maybe doing an Egg day and pray that the weight goes down, just me.

Have a wonderful Monday Deb!!!

Last edited by MagieDen; 06-18-2012 at 06:44 AM..
Old 06-18-2012, 06:42 AM   #1107

Quote:
Deb, I haven't had a chance to look at that yet though I plan on it. I've got so many books stacked up here, I just haven't had the time. But, what I've heard so far makes sense. If you're not hungry, don't eat. Sounds good to me. Also, I hear that she's not a fan of cd's either. I am becoming more and more of that mindset although I do think there are times when a cd is warrented.

Deb, have you tried pluots? I think that's how it's spelled. It's like a cross between a plum and an apricot? When you get a good, ripe one, it's like heaven on earth! It also reminds me of a peach somewhat.
I have never heard of that Brenda! How interesting! I will have to check it out. Loving fruit so much, I am sure I would love it!
Old 06-18-2012, 06:50 AM   #1108

Quote:
Her videos and what she said helped me sooo much with my round of Hhcg Protocol. I was not always hungry but would eat when it was time and I do think it is alot like IE. I am putting that in practice now and still don't eat until the afternoon and mostly when I am hungry. TOM has left the building and took with him 4 lbs, can you believe it, I hate TOM but always glad when he leaves. I like her idea about the scale, something Simeone wouldn't approve of but we need to learn how to live and not get soooo batty about the scale number. I was focused this round because I wanted under 200 lbs. but now until I work on another round in September I am enjoying my summer and exercise and relating to food as fuel and that is why I gave myself the 5 + or - for myself instead of the 2 lb gauge. Alot of people are reading her book before starting a round and I believe they have much more success than others have in the past. I know she also says no biggie to mxing veggies but I think she is just a stickler to the foods that are allowable especially only eating toward ones hunger level recognizing that before and suring TOM woman are MORE hungry than at other times. Yes, I have plenty of Leptin and need to work on recognzing TRUE hunger. Glad to hear that you are getting something from it, she makes alot of good points. The correction part would be for me just reeling my eating in with maybe doing an Egg day and pray that the weight goes down, just me.

Have a wonderful Monday Deb!!!
What a wonderful post Maggie!!! This does make so much sense to me. I am loving her videos.. it is like she is talking to me. I may do a round with you in September for a nice push. I will also enjoy the summer, and work on hunger scale, and this will prepare me.

Anyway! Thank you for the great advice, and so happy you got TOM out of the house!! - 4 pounds is awesome!!!
Old 06-18-2012, 06:57 AM   #1109
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yep doing another round after Labor Day, where I will labor on the Protocol. (I will do a shorter round this time though!). I am in such a happy place right now with everything, unlike the past years. It would be lovely for you to join me my dear if you would like, the more company the better! I am sooo glad TOM is gone because the pool is calling my name! I WILL GO TO THE GYM TOMORROW!!!!!

Last edited by MagieDen; 06-18-2012 at 06:58 AM..
Old 06-18-2012, 07:14 AM   #1110

Congrats Deb!! I love seeing you in such a wonderful, content state. I keep seeing the video you mentioned on here..I'll def have to check it out. Hope you have a great Monday!!

Maggie~congrats to you too! TOM is a beast..glad it's gone.
Closed Thread