LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2012, 11:41 AM   #691
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: hcg 2.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
It sounds like you may already be at a "goal" of sorts. To be really "over" food? That sounds like never-never land to this lifetime dieter!! Once I'm securely in my weight range goal (LCing for a while to hopefully get back there-almost there!) I think I should give it a good 2 week chance. I may have given up too soon. Scale obsessed while figuring this out is probably a bad combo. Like you've seen, it takes time and the scale will bounce. But it seems like the key to being "free" from the diet mentality. Instead of "I can't have that" it becomes "do I really want it? If so, then go ahead and have it. If not, you don't have it.". Control, choice, power!!
Agree 1000%! I too hope to one day get to a point where I can have a variety of food and be "free" of the restraint of 'dieting'. Actually I know I will.

I think it's great Deb that you're practicing this prior to "goal". I admire you and Meek with being brave enough to do this now. I'll join one day soon...right now, I'm learning to control my mental attachment to food. One day at a time.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2012, 12:06 PM   #692

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Agree 1000%! I too hope to one day get to a point where I can have a variety of food and be "free" of the restraint of 'dieting'. Actually I know I will.

I think it's great Deb that you're practicing this prior to "goal". I admire you and Meek with being brave enough to do this now. I'll join one day soon...right now, I'm learning to control my mental attachment to food. One day at a time.
Exactly!! you do what is right for you!!! We all have to! As you head on your journey, ALL OF YOU!! we are rooting you on just as you do us!!!

Trial and error, for sure. Isn't it sad how mentally messed up we ALL ARE about food?... It goes so deep though, and takes time to get through it... everybody has their own time table though, and no judgement from anyone .. that Is why I love the support here in our journals!!
Old 04-27-2012, 01:34 PM   #693

Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Exactly!! you do what is right for you!!! We all have to! As you head on your journey, ALL OF YOU!! we are rooting you on just as you do us!!!

Trial and error, for sure. Isn't it sad how mentally messed up we ALL ARE about food?... It goes so deep though, and takes time to get through it... everybody has their own time table though, and no judgement from anyone .. that Is why I love the support here in our journals!!
Great response. I agree.

We all have to go through our own journeys, but together with a lot of love and support, we will get there.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:06 AM   #694
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Gilded Lily
Deb, it sounds like you have found what works for you (mentally, emotionally and physically). IMO, that is half the battle right there! We try so many things in our journey and they just don't suit who we are (personality type, etc.) and we end up worse off than when we started. Just finding something that suits us is such a wonderful thing!

Happy Saturday, my friend!
Old 04-29-2012, 01:03 PM   #695

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilded Lily View Post
Deb, it sounds like you have found what works for you (mentally, emotionally and physically). IMO, that is half the battle right there! We try so many things in our journey and they just don't suit who we are (personality type, etc.) and we end up worse off than when we started. Just finding something that suits us is such a wonderful thing!

Happy Saturday, my friend!
Thank you Brenda!! I totally agree! It really has to FIT.. that is a big key to making it work. Hope your Sunday is going well! I just got back from a nice visit at my Mom's. Got lots done, and a wonderful visit with my Son.

Now if this darn rain, lightning, thunder and wind would go away, it would be a perfect day!..
Old 04-30-2012, 04:12 AM   #696

Sounds like you had a great weekend with mom and son. Thanks for the ongoing support. Have a great Monday!
Old 04-30-2012, 05:21 AM   #697
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Gilded Lily
Hey lady, hope you have a wonderful Monday.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:28 AM   #698

Quote:
Sounds like you had a great weekend with mom and son. Thanks for the ongoing support. Have a great Monday!
Yes I did! Thank you Shari!!! I hope you had a great weekend with your family.. I need to get out to the journals and catch up!!.. Enjoy this lovely Monday!.. haha...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilded Lily View Post
Hey lady, hope you have a wonderful Monday.
Thanks Brenda, the same for you!!.. Hope you had a great weekend!
Old 04-30-2012, 05:35 AM   #699
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: Twoterville/1st. Goal - ONEderland!
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Everyday!
Morning Deb, good to hear that your weekend was good. Have a nice Monday, how is the weather now? Here in MI it is gloomy and raining but I the rain. I like the way earth smells after it rains, well as long as I don't smell stinky earth worms I like it.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:40 AM   #700

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagieDen View Post
Morning Deb, good to hear that your weekend was good. Have a nice Monday, how is the weather now? Here in MI it is gloomy and raining but I the rain. I like the way earth smells after it rains, well as long as I don't smell stinky earth worms I like it.
love the WORM comment!! Cause right now, it is real wormy smelling outside!!..

We have had non stop rain for days now, and it is flooding all over the place, but not at my house since I live on a little hill... Love the GREEN, and the wonderful smell of spring. Later this summer we are going to be wishing for rain, so I am not gonna complain too loudly!

I am so happy to hear you ladies are getting into the groove with P2!!! cheering you all on!! Even If I am not in that same place, we all do what we have to do for us and that is OK!!!!! Looking forward to being jealous of your losses!!....
Old 04-30-2012, 06:02 AM   #701
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: Twoterville/1st. Goal - ONEderland!
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Everyday!
Quote:
love the WORM comment!! Cause right now, it is real wormy smelling outside!!..

We have had non stop rain for days now, and it is flooding all over the place, but not at my house since I live on a little hill... Love the GREEN, and the wonderful smell of spring. Later this summer we are going to be wishing for rain, so I am not gonna complain too loudly!

I am so happy to hear you ladies are getting into the groove with P2!!! cheering you all on!! Even If I am not in that same place, we all do what we have to do for us and that is OK!!!!! Looking forward to being jealous of your losses!!....
Oh those stinky worms!!!!! Good to hear that the flooding is staying away from your home. Your home sounds so quaint and cozy, I picture it sitting up on that hill and greenery(is this even a word ?)all around. Yes Deb, we all have to do what will help us get more healthy. I knew I was going to attempt another round with Hhcg so the time is now for me. Losses, will come and go but I will NEVER be able to get the friendship I have with you and others on this journey and that is what I am concentrating on during this protocol which I KNOW will be very difficult without your support. Thank you for the support lady!
Old 04-30-2012, 06:32 AM   #702

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagieDen View Post
Oh those stinky worms!!!!! Good to hear that the flooding is staying away from your home. Your home sounds so quaint and cozy, I picture it sitting up on that hill and greenery(is this even a word ?)all around. Yes Deb, we all have to do what will help us get more healthy. I knew I was going to attempt another round with Hhcg so the time is now for me. Losses, will come and go but I will NEVER be able to get the friendship I have with you and others on this journey and that is what I am concentrating on during this protocol which I KNOW will be very difficult without your support. Thank you for the support lady!

Thanks Maggie!!! I know you will do wonderful because your head and heart are in the right place!!!.. Can't wait to see you succeed in this my friend!!
Old 04-30-2012, 06:42 AM   #703

Good morning Deb. I hope you had a wonderful week. Have a good day and keep on keeping on...
Old 04-30-2012, 06:47 AM   #704
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: 12yrslater
Stats: UGH
Start Date: Induction: 10/20/08
Good morning Deb!

Man I swear the weekend just goes by tooooooo gosh dern fast!

Have a great day!
Old 04-30-2012, 06:50 AM   #705

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12yrslater View Post
Good morning Deb!

Have a great day!
It sure does . I could really use an extra day!!!
Old 04-30-2012, 06:51 AM   #706

Quote:
Originally Posted by @iamMeekness View Post
Good morning Deb. I hope you had a wonderful week. Have a good day and keep on keeping on...
Morning Meek!!! I wish the same for you my friend!!! Keep on keepin on is what is gonna get us there!..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12yrslater View Post
Good morning Deb!

Have a great day!
Morning Pati!! I AGREE!! I need more time off to make is a real weekend.. So much running around, and not much accomplished, but hey, I enjoyed myself!... Hope all is well with you and your son dear!..
Old 04-30-2012, 07:03 AM   #707
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
It sure does . I could really use an extra day!!!
You and me both!!!
Old 04-30-2012, 07:04 AM   #708
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

Morning Pati!! I AGREE!! I need more time off to make is a real weekend.. So much running around, and not much accomplished, but hey, I enjoyed myself!... Hope all is well with you and your son dear!..
All is well love
Old 04-30-2012, 07:23 AM   #709

THANKIN GOD!..
Old 04-30-2012, 07:24 AM   #710
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
THANKIN GOD!..
ALWAYS!
Old 04-30-2012, 07:30 AM   #711

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Good morning Deb! Hope you have a great day
Old 04-30-2012, 07:33 AM   #712

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
Good morning Deb! Hope you have a great day
Thanks Gracie!! I am hoping by posting you are feeling better!!!
Old 04-30-2012, 01:30 PM   #713
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!

Sounds like you had a good weekend!!

Inspired by you, and some of my other LCF's, I'm taking a scale vacation, then going on a real vacation . I'm leaning toward a LC WOE, but not avoiding something if I really want it. I'm stopping my C25K and switching over to exercise I enjoy and will stick with. It's quite liberating!! Thanks for living by example and showing it can be done. Years and years of deprivation, diet obsession and fear of food will take a long time to overcome. Working on hearing then listening to my body. I do hope to be able to maintain my current size and weight along the way, but we'll see.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:52 PM   #714

Quote:

Inspired by you, and some of my other LCF's, I'm taking a scale vacation, then going on a real vacation . I'm leaning toward a LC WOE, but not avoiding something if I really want it. I'm stopping my C25K and switching over to exercise I enjoy and will stick with. It's quite liberating!! Thanks for living by example and showing it can be done. Years and years of deprivation, diet obsession and fear of food will take a long time to overcome. Working on hearing then listening to my body. I do hope to be able to maintain my current size and weight along the way, but we'll see.
Awe thanks Julie!! I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!

Girl you have EARNED THIS!!! relax, and let it come naturally... you are gonna be fine.. BELIEVE in yourself!!! this is something I am working on every single day, but I do think of myself as kind of a rebel, and I have never been afraid to try something different or new... SOOOOOOOOOO....

Just know that your body knows best Julie, and you will succeed! DO NOT be hard on yourself for anything... easier said than done, but like you said, this is so freeing, you have to let it work in all ways... no beating ourselves up for minor slips.. it is part of life!!!

Now have a wonderful day, week, and vacation!!!
Old 04-30-2012, 02:00 PM   #715
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lorettahd
Stats: 218/176/145
WOE: HCG
Start Date: September 25, 2008 HCG 11/28/2009 P2R1 -17
Hey Deb, glad to see you are doing so well. I have missed you guys.
Old 04-30-2012, 02:17 PM   #716

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorettahd View Post
Hey Deb, glad to see you are doing so well. I have missed you guys.
LORETTA!!!! We missed you too!! I hope you are feeling ok,and things are going well.. I know life gets in the way sometimes, so please let us help lift you up!!.. Welcome back !!
Old 05-01-2012, 03:43 AM   #717

Good morning Deb!

Quote:

I agree with Deb, you can do it! It does take time to let go of the fear of food and to work on listening to your body. Enjoy your vacation.
Old 05-01-2012, 03:46 AM   #718

Quote:
Good morning Deb!

I agree with Deb, you can do it! It does take time to let go of the fear of food and to work on listening to your body. Enjoy your vacation.
Morning Shari!!! You are an early bird this morning, which means the HCG IS WORKING!.... Go Shari!
Old 05-01-2012, 03:54 AM   #719
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lorettahd
Stats: 218/176/145
WOE: HCG
Start Date: September 25, 2008 HCG 11/28/2009 P2R1 -17
Quote:
LORETTA!!!! We missed you too!! I hope you are feeling ok,and things are going well.. I know life gets in the way sometimes, so please let us help lift you up!!.. Welcome back !!

You are such a sweetie thanks so much. Yes things are going well and I am feeling much better. Thanks for your love and concern.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:21 AM   #720

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorettahd View Post
You are such a sweetie thanks so much. Yes things are going well and I am feeling much better. Thanks for your love and concern.
So happy you are feeling better and things are going well... YAY!!.. I see you are doing the Omaha Plan too.. do you like it? I wish you all the best on this round!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!
Closed Thread