Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2012, 06:59 AM   #661
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: hcg 2.0
Ribeye That slight gain is a good pee... Hope you have a good one.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2012, 07:09 AM   #662

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Ribeye That slight gain is a good pee... Hope you have a good one.
EXACTLY!!!! I am sure I am down already!... You have a great day too Shari!..
Old 04-25-2012, 07:46 AM   #663
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Deb-you're so right. It will take time, and practice to really get in tune with those signals. Recognising when we've ignored those signals (like w/ that ribeye) and owning it, and trying to remember it the next time is all part of that practice. You're doing great!! You're so wise to give yourself the time to figure it out. And I agree w. your sister. When you're busier and not thinking about your next meal all the time, it's much easier to only eat when hungry. Little kids do this naturally. I am hoping this summer (if we get to move into our new house which has a pool!!!) I will be busy swimming that I won't be so focused on eating all the time. We'll see!!

Meek- progress, not perfection, right? So glad you're excited!! you're doing great!!

Maggie-

Shari- at the good pee!! That scale is not our best measure anyway. But it doesn't lie either.

Pati-we're half way to the weekend!! We can do it!!

I'm going to have to put the IE on the back burner for me a bit. Maybe when I'm away on vacation I'll try to do it again. The scale has been climbing too much for me while enjoying myself. I think the real scale war began when I added in running. I haven't been able to get back down where I was before it. I intellectually know that the running is better for me than a number on the scale, but emotionally I'm scared if I let this 3lb gain stay with me, it'll grow and I'll be back up where I used to be. So, I'm taking the rest of this week to try and get back down a bit and settle in (while running) back to my lower numbers. I'm afraid of vacation as I usually gain 5-10lbs. I want to enjoy myself w.o. undoing all my hard work. We'll see. Maybe I will be intuitive not indulgent in my eating and surprise myself .
Old 04-25-2012, 07:58 AM   #664

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Deb-you're so right. It will take time, and practice to really get in tune with those signals. Recognising when we've ignored those signals (like w/ that ribeye) and owning it, and trying to remember it the next time is all part of that practice. You're doing great!! You're so wise to give yourself the time to figure it out. And I agree w. your sister. When you're busier and not thinking about your next meal all the time, it's much easier to only eat when hungry. Little kids do this naturally. I am hoping this summer (if we get to move into our new house which has a pool!!!) I will be busy swimming that I won't be so focused on eating all the time. We'll see!!

Meek- progress, not perfection, right? So glad you're excited!! you're doing great!!

Maggie-

Shari- at the good pee!! That scale is not our best measure anyway. But it doesn't lie either.

Pati-we're half way to the weekend!! We can do it!!

I'm going to have to put the IE on the back burner for me a bit. Maybe when I'm away on vacation I'll try to do it again. The scale has been climbing too much for me while enjoying myself. I think the real scale war began when I added in running. I haven't been able to get back down where I was before it. I intellectually know that the running is better for me than a number on the scale, but emotionally I'm scared if I let this 3lb gain stay with me, it'll grow and I'll be back up where I used to be. So, I'm taking the rest of this week to try and get back down a bit and settle in (while running) back to my lower numbers. I'm afraid of vacation as I usually gain 5-10lbs. I want to enjoy myself w.o. undoing all my hard work. We'll see. Maybe I will be intuitive not indulgent in my eating and surprise myself .
OH JULIE!!! my goodness you are doing so wonderful girl!!!! Don't be afraid of 3 pounds... of course when you are that small, it is a big deal right?..

I understand wanting to get yourself set up for your vacay and the summer, then giving IE a try when you are too busy to think of food! I think that sounds like a very doable plan!

I hope you get your new house too!!! you NEED a pool in those hot climates! I love mine and can't wait to get it opened again. IF the darn weather would ever stay seasonal!.. HERE anyway..

All the best to you as you get your maintainence figured out!.. Do what is best for YOU!!!!
Old 04-26-2012, 05:18 AM   #665
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Gilded Lily
Happy Thursday, Deb! So glad the weekend is visible from here! Have a good one, hon.
Old 04-26-2012, 05:35 AM   #666
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: 12yrslater
Stats: UGH
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Induction: 10/20/08
Have a great day, Deb!
Old 04-26-2012, 05:50 AM   #667

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilded Lily View Post
Happy Thursday, Deb! So glad the weekend is visible from here! Have a good one, hon.
OH YES! today is my Friday, I decided I needed an extra day for a weekend.. No real reason, except I want it.. You have a great day also Brenda!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12yrslater View Post
Have a great day, Deb!

Morning Pati!!!! Going to work on having a fantastic day, I hope you do the same!.. don't work too hard!
Old 04-26-2012, 05:52 AM   #668
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
OH YES! today is my Friday, I decided I needed an extra day for a weekend.. No real reason, except I want it.. You have a great day also Brenda!!!

Morning Pati!!!! Going to work on having a fantastic day, I hope you do the same!.. don't work too hard!
YOU SO LUCKY!!!! Enjoy your work Friday then

You are so close to your weekend!
Old 04-26-2012, 07:08 AM   #669

Morning Deb, happy early Friday!! Hope you have a great day.

Julie~house with a swimming pool sounds perfect for the summer..congrats! I think you've done so far...those 3lbs will come back off.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:22 AM   #670

Quote:
YOU SO LUCKY!!!! Enjoy your work Friday then

You are so close to your weekend!
I AM lucky thanks!! I have 143 sick hours to use up too, any ideas?..

Quote:

Julie~house with a swimming pool sounds perfect for the summer..congrats! I think you've done so far...those 3lbs will come back off.
Thank you Shari! So far so good on my Friday!.... Hope your day is going well also!.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:45 AM   #671

Gallery: Meek75
Happy Friday, Deb

Girl, give me some of your sick leave, LOL!!!
Old 04-26-2012, 07:50 AM   #672

Quote:
Originally Posted by @iamMeekness View Post
Happy Friday, Deb

Girl, give me some of your sick leave, LOL!!!

LOL I would If I could!!... Happy ALMOST Friday to you too!!
Old 04-26-2012, 10:24 AM   #673
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: Twoterville/1st. Goal - ONEderland!
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Everyday!
I don't need to say to have a good day today it sounds as if you are having one. But I will say enjoy your extra Friday!
Old 04-26-2012, 10:46 AM   #674

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagieDen View Post
I don't need to say to have a good day today it sounds as if you are having one. But I will say enjoy your extra Friday!
Thank you Maggie!! Going good! I had a bagel today. I have not had one of those in a long time. AND I am not panicking...

Day by day, meal by meal. Learning! I am going to work pretty hard to not eat snacks. I had my bagel at a work meeting, where most of the time I say no thanks. I also had some cheese I love, and a few berries.

Now I don't want lunch, and I won't eat again until I get hungry. Hopefully it will be dinner later today ,but not much.

Hope you all are having a lovely day!!..
Old 04-26-2012, 10:49 AM   #675
Big Yapper!!!!

So Deb, you eat only when hungry and until satisfied and not full? Is that how your diet is going? Oh and you are doing this all low carb correct?
Old 04-26-2012, 11:18 AM   #676

Quote:
So Deb, you eat only when hungry and until satisfied and not full? Is that how your diet is going? Oh and you are doing this all low carb correct?
Welllllllll my GOAL is to only eat when hungry and stop before fullness hits me. That is the hard part!!!! I am using ATKINS as my guide to eating, but if I CHOOSE to have something ( like today) that is wonderful and not LC, then I have it and use the same principles.

Now the rest of the day, I won't be fussing over whether I should have had a bagel, obviously not LC. However since it was my CHOICE, I am good with it. I will never be perfect on any plan, so I might as well find something that I can work towards without guilt, cheats, etc.. SO MENTAL!!!!
Old 04-26-2012, 11:25 AM   #677
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Welllllllll my GOAL is to only eat when hungry and stop before fullness hits me. That is the hard part!!!! I am using ATKINS as my guide to eating, but if I CHOOSE to have something ( like today) that is wonderful and not LC, then I have it and use the same principles.

Now the rest of the day, I won't be fussing over whether I should have had a bagel, obviously not LC. However since it was my CHOICE, I am good with it. I will never be perfect on any plan, so I might as well find something that I can work towards without guilt, cheats, etc.. SO MENTAL!!!!
It is mental but I love the freedom and the learning you are doing! I laud your efforts lady!!
Old 04-26-2012, 11:28 AM   #678

Quote:
It is mental but I love the freedom and the learning you are doing! I laud your efforts lady!!
Thanks Pati! .. this is HARD.. but worth it in the end.. I HOPE..
Old 04-26-2012, 03:05 PM   #679
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
OH JULIE!!! my goodness you are doing so wonderful girl!!!! Don't be afraid of 3 pounds... of course when you are that small, it is a big deal right?..

I understand wanting to get yourself set up for your vacay and the summer, then giving IE a try when you are too busy to think of food! I think that sounds like a very doable plan!

I hope you get your new house too!!! you NEED a pool in those hot climates! I love mine and can't wait to get it opened again. IF the darn weather would ever stay seasonal!.. HERE anyway..

All the best to you as you get your maintainence figured out!.. Do what is best for YOU!!!!
Ok, I already love you, but calling me little? !! You're so sweet. I will definitely be doing more IE this summer. I'm "trying" to do it now, but still have a deprived/indulge thing to get over. I think the # is an issue b/c it's a decade (148 vs. 151) and like the eating/diet thing, it's mental. Gaining should have some cause, and the scientist in my wants to figure out why. I think it's the CO I added about 4 weeks ago may be partly to blame. I added running at the same time, and initially was up from it, but hope that's not the issue now. I eally do need to keep with it (or some type of exercise). I feel so much better and like being active. We'll see. I'm "experiementing" and will get to the bottom of this.

Quote:

Thanks, and I 100% agree, the pool is my favorite part of the house . The loan isn't looking good right now (we're high risk w. a current house and a foreclosure 3.5 years ago). But our lender thought we'd get approved (under contract, and home inspection done). But, we'll see. I'm really happy w. my current house, but it's upside down. Worst case? we don't qualify and I get to stay here in my current home (the market will come back eventually). It's a win-win to me.

Happy weekend ladies!! Deb enjoy your 3 day weekend!! Keep up the good work!! Having what you want (even if it's not LC) will keep you from going way overboard later. That delayed gratification can lead to way overdoing it (speaking from experience ).
Old 04-27-2012, 05:05 AM   #680
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Gilded Lily
Good morning, Deb! Hope your day is fabulous! Sounds like you are doing great with food. I hope to get there soon!
Old 04-27-2012, 05:24 AM   #681

Gallery: Meek75
Happy Friday Deb & Friends

I hope everyone has a good day and an even better weekend!!
Old 04-27-2012, 05:34 AM   #682

Quote:
Ok, I already love you, but calling me little? !! You're so sweet. I will definitely be doing more IE this summer. I'm "trying" to do it now, but still have a deprived/indulge thing to get over. I think the # is an issue b/c it's a decade (148 vs. 151) and like the eating/diet thing, it's mental. Gaining should have some cause, and the scientist in my wants to figure out why. I think it's the CO I added about 4 weeks ago may be partly to blame. I added running at the same time, and initially was up from it, but hope that's not the issue now. I eally do need to keep with it (or some type of exercise). I feel so much better and like being active. We'll see. I'm "experiementing" and will get to the bottom of this.

Thanks, and I 100% agree, the pool is my favorite part of the house . The loan isn't looking good right now (we're high risk w. a current house and a foreclosure 3.5 years ago). But our lender thought we'd get approved (under contract, and home inspection done). But, we'll see. I'm really happy w. my current house, but it's upside down. Worst case? we don't qualify and I get to stay here in my current home (the market will come back eventually). It's a win-win to me.

Happy weekend ladies!! Deb enjoy your 3 day weekend!! Keep up the good work!! Having what you want (even if it's not LC) will keep you from going way overboard later. That delayed gratification can lead to way overdoing it (speaking from experience ).
Thank you JULIE!! you are so adorable!... you honestly are small now, so look in the mirror with unbiased eyes!! Look how far you have come!!.. Wish nothing but the best for you and finding peace with yourself.. just as you are!!.. TINY!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilded Lily View Post
Good morning, Deb! Hope your day is fabulous! Sounds like you are doing great with food. I hope to get there soon!
Morning Brenda! Yes, things are going well! I am happy with my WOE and my choices this week!! Hope things are going well for you too TINY LADY!.. I swear you girls are my guides now!.. Can't wait to see 1 -4 -anything!!..

Quote:
Originally Posted by @iamMeekness View Post
Happy Friday Deb & Friends

I hope everyone has a good day and an even better weekend!!
Morning Meek!!! So happy it is Friday and I am home!!.. Getting things done for the weekend, then heading to Mom's tomorrow. My oldest son is there visiting with her and helping her with the house. He will stay with her for a few weeks before he has to head back to work.

I am so happy they have this great relationhip. He was the first grandchild, first boy ih the family after 5 girls and my Dad adored him!! So did my Mom and they spoiled him.. Now he would like to repay Mom for things she did for him as a child. It just warms my heart..

Now this morning I slept 45 min longer.. hahaha not much but my weight is down 2.2 for the week!!

THRILLED!! I can lose and make good food choices with no LABEL of a DIET on me... Now off to the store to get groceries and I will check back later! HAVE A GREAT DAY ALL!!
Old 04-27-2012, 05:39 AM   #683
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: Twoterville/1st. Goal - ONEderland!
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Everyday!
Quote:

Now this morning I slept 45 min longer.. hahaha not much but my weight is down 2.2 for the week!!

THRILLED!! I can lose and make good food choices with no LABEL of a DIET on me... Now off to the store to get groceries and I will check back later! HAVE A GREAT DAY ALL!!
Priceless! Have a great Friday Deb and enjoy your visit with your mon and son.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:02 AM   #684

Quote:
Thank you Maggie!! You have a wonderful day also! and WEEKEND!!
Old 04-27-2012, 09:38 AM   #685

Yahooo!!! Wonderful..congrats!! Enjoy your long weekend.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:53 AM   #686

Quote:
Yahooo!!! Wonderful..congrats!! Enjoy your long weekend.
Thank you Shari!! You enjoy your weekend also..

I have found that after 2 weeks of this way of eating, IE, I am slowwwlllllllly losing my hunger, and my thoughts of food that I used to carry with me every day...

There is something about knowing I can have what I want, then I don't care about it... too funny. I have been busy all morning running around, and when I got home and put everything away, I could not think of one thing that I wanted to eat.... WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

I guess I am not really that hungry if I don't care what there is to eat. So I will just wait till I am hungry and figure it out then. This is much easier at home, than at work. I have the time here to make what I truely want.

Although we don't have to stick to certain lunch times, I find myself thinking of food more often there. I am hopeful this feeling will continue to build at work also. Being free of food, and plans and all that would be a miracle for me!!... I know I can get to my goal now, it is just a matter of time!

Last edited by Deb294evr; 04-27-2012 at 09:56 AM..
Old 04-27-2012, 09:54 AM   #687
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
This is exactly what I was thinking. Truly priceless!! Free indeed!!
Old 04-27-2012, 09:58 AM   #688

Quote:
This is exactly what I was thinking. Truly priceless!! Free indeed!!
Thank you Julie!!
Old 04-27-2012, 09:58 AM   #689
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Thank you Shari!! You enjoy your weekend also..

I have found that after 2 weeks of this way of eating, IE, I am slowwwlllllllly losing my hunger, and my thoughts of food that I used to carry with me every day...

There is something about knowing I can have what I want, then I don't care about it... too funny. I have been busy all morning running around, and when I got home and put everything away, I could not think of one thing that I wanted to eat.... WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

I guess I am not really that hungry if I don't care what there is to eat. So I will just wait till I am hungry and figure it out then. This is much easier at home, then at work. I have the time here to make what I truely want.

Although we don't have to stick to certain lunch times, I find myself thinking of food more often there. I am hopeful this feeling will continue to build at work also. Being free of food, and plans and all that would be a miracle for me!!... I know I can get to my goal now, it is just a matter of time!
It sounds like you may already be at a "goal" of sorts. To be really "over" food? That sounds like never-never land to this lifetime dieter!! Once I'm securely in my weight range goal (LCing for a while to hopefully get back there-almost there!) I think I should give it a good 2 week chance. I may have given up too soon. Scale obsessed while figuring this out is probably a bad combo. Like you've seen, it takes time and the scale will bounce. But it seems like the key to being "free" from the diet mentality. Instead of "I can't have that" it becomes "do I really want it? If so, then go ahead and have it. If not, you don't have it.". Control, choice, power!!
Old 04-27-2012, 10:00 AM   #690

Quote:
It sounds like you may already be at a "goal" of sorts. To be really "over" food? That sounds like never-never land to this lifetime dieter!! Once I'm securely in my weight range goal (LCing for a while to hopefully get back there-almost there!) I think I should give it a good 2 week chance. I may have given up too soon. Scale obsessed while figuring this out is probably a bad combo. Like you've seen, it takes time and the scale will bounce. But it seems like the key to being "free" from the diet mentality. Instead of "I can't have that" it becomes "do I really want it? If so, then go ahead and have it. If not, you don't have it.". Control, choice, power!!
YESSSSS!!!!! you got it!!!
Closed Thread