Old 02-07-2012, 06:21 AM   #31
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: 12yrslater
Stats: UGH
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Induction: 10/20/08
Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Always hun! I understand...I need to not have restrictions anymore and live, not afraid to eat what I want but learning more how to eat healthier. There are so many healthy options, I was just going to the full white carbs, sugary items with no end. I just have to make better choices with those options.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2012, 06:31 AM   #32
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Good morning Deb!
Old 02-07-2012, 06:33 AM   #33

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12yrslater View Post
Thanks Pati, I know that you are rocking it, and so is Gracie!! you ladies know how its done!.. I want to be like you..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
Good morning Deb!
Morning Gracie!! hope your day is going well!
Old 02-07-2012, 02:05 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: quezsmom
Stats: 322/278.2/225 HT-5"11
WOE: Completing HCG R1-P1-P4
Start Date: JAN 13 2013
I FOUND YOU...

sorry, i think i posted in the wrong thread earlier. Glad i found the right one. Debi, i am sorry to hear about your dad. That is a hard one. My sister was diagnosed with diabetes about 2yrs ago. They said she had it for about 10yrs. with no symptoms. She just started seeing spots in her vision, went to the eye doctor, who said the blood vessels in her eyes were bursting, and withing a month or so she was blind in one eye, she could no longer work, then no longer drive. She is 38. Can you imagine not being able to drive or do all the things you want as a young single woman. She is handling it well thought. But its amazing how scary it can be to find out you can have such a life threatening diesease and not know it. Wierdly enought it doesnt run in the family, i dont have even a hint of sugar problems. But i do have HB which is hereditary. So getting back on HCG and getting another 30lbs off will not hurt at all.

Hope you guys are having a great day. I am gonna try this JUDD after this round of HCG.. i am curious to see if it works for me.

marva
day 1 281.2 - CAL 1720 day 2 283.2 up +3.2 over LDW (cd) cal 1073 day 3 280.2 within window cal 1665 day 4 280.4 2nd day in window cal 1790 day 5 280.2 yeah! calories 1974 day 6 280.2 within window cal 1733 day 7 283.6 WTH ...over 4.0lbs cal 1833
week 3
day 1 280.0
Old 02-07-2012, 02:18 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by quezsmom View Post
sorry, i think i posted in the wrong thread earlier. Glad i found the right one. Debi, i am sorry to hear about your dad. That is a hard one. My sister was diagnosed with diabetes about 2yrs ago. They said she had it for about 10yrs. with no symptoms. She just started seeing spots in her vision, went to the eye doctor, who said the blood vessels in her eyes were bursting, and withing a month or so she was blind in one eye, she could no longer work, then no longer drive. She is 38. Can you imagine not being able to drive or do all the things you want as a young single woman. She is handling it well thought. But its amazing how scary it can be to find out you can have such a life threatening diesease and not know it. Wierdly enought it doesnt run in the family, i dont have even a hint of sugar problems. But i do have HB which is hereditary. So getting back on HCG and getting another 30lbs off will not hurt at all.

Hope you guys are having a great day. I am gonna try this JUDD after this round of HCG.. i am curious to see if it works for me.

marva
YAY!!! You found me!!! I am SOOOO GLAD!! I have been thinking of you for months and couldn't find where you had posted anymore. I am so happy you are back!! You are gonna motivate me I can tell!!

Thank you for the kind words, I don't think my Dad had any clue he had diabetes because he is not the kind to go to the doctor. The infection in his foot took off quickly and finally ended his life.. It was very hard.

I am so sorry about your Sister too! My goodness! Diabetes is really a scarey thing. To lose your eyesight and your ability to drive at 38!!! WOW.. such a life changing thing. I hope she is doing ok now.. I know it will be a new adjustment , but at least it was caught before it took her life also...

I know you will do well on this round Marva!! You will feel so much better and then try JUDDD? I am reading the book right now, so I think I am really going to give it a good hard try. I will most likely stay low carb, but on my UP days I will allow a treat without fussing at myself about it. I know I can safely have around 50 carbs a day, and up to 90 if I want something special.

This is all trial and error, which is what I am all about!... Thanks to all my wonderful low carb friends for helping me through each day lately.. it has been a struggle I am not used to at all...

Anyway!!!! WELCOME BACK MARVA! please visit as often as you like. And you posted in Patis journal, but I was glad you did, cause then I found you! Pati is also awesome!!
Old 02-08-2012, 05:29 AM   #36
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning Deb! Hope you have a fantastic day
Old 02-08-2012, 05:58 AM   #37

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186.6/169-mini goal
WOE: very low carb
Good morning Deb, I'm glad you're willing to try it, hopefully it can become a lifestyle.

Hey Marva! So glad you're back with us...good luck with your round.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:43 AM   #38

Quote:

Morning Deb! Hope you have a fantastic day
Morning Pati and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Have a great one!!

Quote:
Good morning Deb, I'm glad you're willing to try it, hopefully it can become a lifestyle.

Hey Marva! So glad you're back with us...good luck with your round.
Thank you Shari!! Yep, still reading, but it makes sense to me!! now will my body agree?...
Old 02-08-2012, 08:59 AM   #39

I've got to get the book. I wonder if it's available at my library..searching now...
Old 02-08-2012, 09:22 AM   #40

Hi Deb! Let me know what you think of the book. I thought it made a lot of sense. I like to reread it for motivation
Old 02-08-2012, 10:14 AM   #41

Quote:
I've got to get the book. I wonder if it's available at my library..searching now...
I think it is a great read. Scientific in places but not too hard to read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
Hi Deb! Let me know what you think of the book. I thought it made a lot of sense. I like to reread it for motivation
I think he is saying the calorie cycling part is the MOST important part of getting and staying healthy. He said even if you don't lose weight, you are still benefitting from this way of eating. I find it really interesting what he says about those with Asthma. Very awesome improvement!!

I also have inflammation of the vessels according to my last blood work, which is a risk for heart disease.. YIKES... he says this way of eating reduces it drastically. Now WHY? Still reading... If this is how it works, then I think I really should give it a try. An Honest Try.

He also says being thin or at a good weight is a better risk reducer for everything than any particular kinds of foods you eat etc.. So getting there is the GOAL, and how you do it ( foodwise ) is not as important as getting there. Interesting....
Old 02-08-2012, 10:31 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post

I think he is saying the calorie cycling part is the MOST important part of getting and staying healthy. He said even if you don't lose weight, you are still benefitting from this way of eating. I find it really interesting what he says about those with Asthma. Very awesome improvement!!

I also have inflammation of the vessels according to my last blood work, which is a risk for heart disease.. YIKES... he says this way of eating reduces it drastically. Now WHY? Still reading... If this is how it works, then I think I really should give it a try. An Honest Try.

He also says being thin or at a good weight is a better risk reducer for everything than any particular kinds of foods you eat etc.. So getting there is the GOAL, and how you do it ( foodwise ) is not as important as getting there. Interesting....
Wow, I like what I'm hearing thus far, I'm going to have to order it...interesting...
Old 02-08-2012, 10:44 AM   #43

Quote:

Awesome points! I had a coworker whose doctor always told him about fasting and all the great benefits.
Old 02-09-2012, 04:01 AM   #44
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lorettahd
Stats: 218/176/145
WOE: HCG
Start Date: September 25, 2008 HCG 11/28/2009 P2R1 -17
Morning Deb, hope you have a good day!
Old 02-09-2012, 05:16 AM   #45

Morning Loretta! thank you! I am still reading the alternate day diet book.. and I think I am going to do this. The most important thing is the alternating calorie days, and not how many carbs or fats etc that you eat.

I will probably not be eating a bunch of carbs just cuz I can, but if I want something, I think I am gonna have it and just be ok with it. I know I have to keep an eye on my BS but the MOST important thing is to get this extra fat OFF FOR GOOD! If this does the trick, I will be much healthier for it.

Hope everyone is having a great day!!!..
Old 02-09-2012, 05:21 AM   #46
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Morning Loretta! thank you! I am still reading the alternate day diet book.. and I think I am going to do this. The most important thing is the alternating calorie days, and not how many carbs or fats etc that you eat.

I will probably not be eating a bunch of carbs just cuz I can, but if I want something, I think I am gonna have it and just be ok with it. I know I have to keep an eye on my BS but the MOST important thing is to get this extra fat OFF FOR GOOD! If this does the trick, I will be much healthier for it.

Hope everyone is having a great day!!!..
You will rock this! I know it!

Let us know when you start
Old 02-09-2012, 05:24 AM   #47

Quote:
You will rock this! I know it!

Let us know when you start
I will probably start TODAY!! May as well start with an UP DAY.. and get pretty filled up before I try to go DD tomorrow?? So far Coffee and Cream.. easy enough..

PATI YOU TAKE CARE OF THAT HAND!!!!! YA HEAR?...
Old 02-09-2012, 05:30 AM   #48
Big Yapper!!!!

Awesome!

Remember, don't weigh for a few days til your body adjusts to the cycle! Did you by chance weigh today to see where you started? Either way, you'll feel it in your clothes soon enough
Old 02-09-2012, 05:33 AM   #49

Quote:
Awesome!

Remember, don't weigh for a few days til your body adjusts to the cycle! Did you by chance weigh today to see where you started? Either way, you'll feel it in your clothes soon enough
Yes I did weigh today. I am sick of this number... SO I will wait for a few days and weigh after a DD. Thanks hon!!
Old 02-09-2012, 05:34 AM   #50
Big Yapper!!!!

GOOD LUCK!!! You are gonna LOOOOOVVVEEE IT!!!
Old 02-09-2012, 05:36 AM   #51

Quote:
GOOD LUCK!!! You are gonna LOOOOOVVVEEE IT!!!
If I can do as well as you and the others I KNOW I WILL!!!
Old 02-09-2012, 09:37 AM   #52

Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Atkins Inductions for 14 Days
Start Date: 6/10/2014
Deb.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:44 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by @iamMeekness View Post
Deb.
Hi Meek!! really miss your good input here.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:37 AM   #54

so glad you're starting today..you'll be on the same cycle as us. I agree, your health is the most important with monitoring all levels. I've decided to not go hog wild on sugar, only allowing myself a treat when I really want it, not eating it just because it's there. Now on carbs, I'm not counting that anymore but I am trying to not eat a lot of white carbs which turns to sugar if not used for energy. You'll do well
Old 02-09-2012, 10:42 AM   #55

Quote:
so glad you're starting today..you'll be on the same cycle as us. I agree, your health is the most important with monitoring all levels. I've decided to not go hog wild on sugar, only allowing myself a treat when I really want it, not eating it just because it's there. Now on carbs, I'm not counting that anymore but I am trying to not eat a lot of white carbs which turns to sugar if not used for energy. You'll do well
Thank you Shari!! So far so good today.. Up Days are NOT the problem... I am concentrating on only eating things I truely love, and not wasting calories on things that don't matter to me. I like eating this way much better. It is more enjoyable and easier to keep the cals down.

Now I also plan to not eat white things, unless it is REALLY WONDERFUL, and I REALLY DESIRE IT, I am staying away from it. I honestly hope this works. I am about at my wits end with getting this FAT OFF!!!.. and KEEPING IT OFF!!

I am watching all the rest of you and learning from you!!! Thank you so much ladies!!..
Old 02-09-2012, 10:45 AM   #56

Quote:
Thank you Shari!! So far so good today.. Up Days are NOT the problem... I am concentrating on only eating things I truely love, and not wasting calories on things that don't matter to me. I like eating this way much better. It is more enjoyable and easier to keep the cals down.

Now I also plan to not eat white things, unless it is REALLY WONDERFUL, and I REALLY DESIRE IT, I am staying away from it. I honestly hope this works. I am about at my wits end with getting this FAT OFF!!!.. and KEEPING IT OFF!!

I am watching all the rest of you and learning from you!!! Thank you so much ladies!!..
DDs are the most important..have you gone shopping yet for staples? I'm telling you, I was HUNGRY on Monday because I wasn't fully prepared. Not that you may not get hungry but having different low cal food/snack really helps.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:49 AM   #57

Quote:
DDs are the most important..have you gone shopping yet for staples? I'm telling you, I was HUNGRY on Monday because I wasn't fully prepared. Not that you may not get hungry but having different low cal food/snack really helps.
This is going to sound very weird, but I have staples for EVERY FRIGGIN PLAN known to man at my house.. I kid you NOT. I have 3 freezers and 2 full size refridgerators full of fresh veges, fruits, meats, frozen dinners, soups, low carb bread, low cal bread, regular people food, low cal stuff, low carb stuff. It is CRAZY at my house...

Now, we do have lots of people eating at my house, but there is really no reason for me to have so much stuff... I could start a grocery store!!!! So to answer your question, YES, I have everything I need for a good DD.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:55 AM   #58

LOL, I think you're just used to having a FULL house..5 kids plus their friends would stay sometimes (I believe you said). So your house is the hangout spot, gotta feed those people and boys..let's not even start. My sons are eating me out of food already!! I was looking into getting a deep freezer too to keep in the basement just because of them. I hate grocery shopping and going twice a week is just not making it...
Old 02-09-2012, 11:10 AM   #59

Quote:
LOL, I think you're just used to having a FULL house..5 kids plus their friends would stay sometimes (I believe you said). So your house is the hangout spot, gotta feed those people and boys..let's not even start. My sons are eating me out of food already!! I was looking into getting a deep freezer too to keep in the basement just because of them. I hate grocery shopping and going twice a week is just not making it...
YESS!!! that is right Shari!!! I have not gotten out of the mode of always having things on hand for anyone who comes by.. I DO love not having to shop often, but honestly, I have way too much stuff now...WAY too much..

I know what you mean about the boys and eating!!! Since my boys are gone, and even my oldest DD, WHY DO I KEEP SO MUCH FOOD?... Oh well, I can cut my bills down alot by just eating what we have for a long long time. Oy Vey, I think the end of the world is coming or something, and I have to hoard away food..

ANYHOOO... I have some great homemade low cal soups in the freezer in individual containers that I can have. All less than 100 cals. I also have the FF hotdogs, the fresh veges and fruits.. the chicken breast meat.. and so on and so on.... I need protein to keep my hunger away, so I will probably use soups and proteins at first.. we shall SEE!!
Old 02-10-2012, 06:22 AM   #60

Good morning Deb, I see you are stocked and loaded LOL. What's on the menu today?
Closed Thread