Old 04-17-2012, 07:21 AM   #541
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Honestly? Whatever I want. So far, I WANT meat. I also had sausage gravy this morning. AND Saturday morning. I love Sausage Gravy..

I also had pizza Saturday night. I had a ham and cheese sandwhich with real bread yesterday. I also had a ribeye. Homemade Chocolate. Homemade soup.

The secret for me in maintaining, is recognizing that feeling of satisfaction and stopping. THAT IS A CHORE!!!.. a work in progress. NOW I want to lose, so I am going to push this a bit further, and stop at the first hint of satisfaction. Not full.

Wish me luck! ..
That's awesome to be able to eat and remain stable! A ham and cheese sandwich is so simple yet one of my favorites!!! You are doing a wonderful job figuring out what works for YOU

Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2012, 07:25 AM   #542

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post

Wow, it's a reason I stopped here first..some wise and thought-provoking posts!

Deb~I think it's wonderful that you're maintaining while eating freely. It's funny, I was thinking this morning in the shower how I really want to be able to do this one day. The mental 'restriction' gets tiresome and then I get burned out on 'dieting' which like Julie said leads to bingeing. I love JUDDD for this reason...I never felt so free with my WOE...it was the DDs that was getting me though... You're doing wonderful...KUTGW and keep us posted!!
Thank you Shari!! I totally agree with you!.. I just can't do it anymore. I am officially retired from diets... Even if I don't lose right away, eating as I choose to without someone telling me what to eat, is very freeing and I know will lead to weight loss eventually. I can't give up.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:29 AM   #543

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: hcg 2.0
I started reading a book, Women, Food and God..I think was the name of it and it talked about giving up the mentality of dieting because it's a vicious cycle. I keep wanting to prove that theory wrong but here I sit..for over two years..at the same weight/range. Who's proving who wrong?
I need to recheck that book out and finish it...
Old 04-17-2012, 07:32 AM   #544

Quote:
I started reading a book, Women, Food and God..I think was the name of it and it talked about giving up the mentality of dieting because it's a vicious cycle. I keep wanting to prove that theory wrong but here I sit..for over two years..at the same weight/range. Who's proving who wrong?
I need to recheck that book out and finish it...
WOW Shari!! that is very enlightening huh? I should check that out also!.. SO VERY TRUE!!..
Old 04-17-2012, 07:35 AM   #545

Going off to google above said book.................
Old 04-17-2012, 07:35 AM   #546
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: 12yrslater
Stats: UGH
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Induction: 10/20/08
Quote:
I am officially retired from diets... Even if I don't lose right away, eating as I choose to without someone telling me what to eat, is very freeing and I know will lead to weight loss eventually. I can't give up.
Must be so freeing!! I'm happy you are happy!!!
Old 04-17-2012, 07:37 AM   #547

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
Going off to google above said book.................
ME TOO!...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12yrslater View Post
Must be so freeing!! I'm happy you are happy!!!
The decision has been made, so I AM FREE!!!! WHOOO HOOOOOOOOOO.. I will keep you all informed though, the good and the bad... although it does not matter to me anymore... I AM FREE!..
Old 04-17-2012, 07:40 AM   #548

Yep, Oprah said after reading that book she would never diet again and she hasn't. She hasn't lost weight either but she appear to be comfortable for now where she is at. I know she said she still exercises for her health... you can see her interview with her through youtube, author name is Geneen Roth
Old 04-17-2012, 07:42 AM   #549
Big Yapper!!!!

I want to read!!!! Off to google too
Old 04-17-2012, 07:44 AM   #550

Quote:
Yep, Oprah said after reading that book she would never diet again and she hasn't. She hasn't lost weight either but she appear to be comfortable for now where she is at. I know she said she still exercises for her health... you can see her interview with her through youtube, author name is Geneen Roth
oh good!! You Tube at work is what I need to keep me busy... Good thing they don't care.

I know that I can lose weight doing this. I have done it in the past, and I can do it again!.. The focus goes away from food, and on to the goal you have in mind. So if you know your goal is losing fat, that piece of whatever can wait! .. but it is our choice!.. That is what is important.

Yes, I can have whatever, but how much do I really want it, compared to how much I want to swim in something that is not a big ole bulky bathing suit? Tradeoffs... NO MORE DIETS FOR ME
Old 04-17-2012, 07:45 AM   #551

Quote:
Hmmmmm, I like the idea of never dieting again! But, like you said, Oprah hasn't lost the weight. I personally think she looks fine - but a lot of people would probably say I look fine too And I would love to be at least 10 lbs. thinner. Oh what torture we put ourselves through!!! And seriously, my DH could care less what I weigh!!!! He finds me attractive in fuzzy pajamas, ponytail, glasses, and bad breath
Old 04-17-2012, 07:48 AM   #552

Quote:
Hmmmmm, I like the idea of never dieting again! But, like you said, Oprah hasn't lost the weight. I personally think she looks fine - but a lot of people would probably say I look fine too And I would love to be at least 10 lbs. thinner. Oh what torture we put ourselves through!!! And seriously, my DH could care less what I weigh!!!! He finds me attractive in fuzzy pajamas, ponytail, glasses, and bad breath
You got a KEEPER!!!!!
Old 04-17-2012, 07:51 AM   #553
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Old 04-17-2012, 07:52 AM   #554

Quote:
Right?! G is the same way..LOL. He accepted me at 250+ so he's passed that test. OMG, Gracie. I have people telling me all the time, you look fine..why are you trying to lose more weight. But it's all me..this mental obsession I have with seeing this fixated number from my head on the scale..145. I'm not trying to be too thin but I'm not foolish enough to believe that I don't need to exercise and tone up and that I look beautiful with my clothes off (to me). My sister says all the time, stop dieting and exercise!! But it's a mental thing too....

Last edited by shari; 04-17-2012 at 07:54 AM..
Old 04-17-2012, 07:55 AM   #555

Quote:
Right?! G is the same way..LOL. He accepted me at 250+ so he's passed that test. OMG, Gracie. I have people telling me all the time, you look fine..why are you trying to lose more weight. But it's all me..this mental obsession I have with seeing this fixated number from my head on the scale..145. I don't want to be a bag of bones so I'm not trying to be thin. Now I'm not foolish enough to believe that I don't need to exercise and tone up and that I look beautiful with my clothes off (to me). My sister says all the time, stop dieting and exercise!! But it's a mental thing too....
YES!! it is all mental.. seriously. We are our own worst critics. I want to be healthy, and that is my only goal now. We can achieve what we believe ladies.... Corny!...
Old 04-17-2012, 07:55 AM   #556

Quote:
Right?! G is the same way..LOL. He accepted me at 250+ so he's passed that test. OMG, Gracie. I have people telling me all the time, you look fine..why are you trying to lose more weight. But it's all me..this mental obsession I have with seeing this fixated number from my head on the scale..145. I don't want to be a bag of bones so I'm not trying to be thin. Now I'm not foolish enough to believe that I don't need to exercise and tone up and that I look beautiful with my clothes off (to me). My sister says all the time, stop dieting and exercise!! But it's a mental thing too....
If it were only as easy as stop dietiing and exercise! Maybe we secretly like self torture?
Old 04-17-2012, 07:56 AM   #557

Quote:
YES!! it is all mental.. seriously. We are our own worst critics. I want to be healthy, and that is my only goal now. We can achieve what we believe ladies.... Corny!...
Old 04-17-2012, 07:58 AM   #558

oops..you all copied my original post, LOL. I revised it from saying 'a bag of bones' as I didn't want to offend anyone that find being really thin attractive, it's just my personal opinion...

I totally agree, we are definitely our own worst critic.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:21 AM   #559

Quote:
oops..you all copied my original post, LOL. I revised it from saying 'a bag of bones' as I didn't want to offend anyone that find being really thin attractive, it's just my personal opinion...

I totally agree, we are definitely our own worst critic.
oh Shari, no offense taken!!.. We are in journals anyway, and I will never be accused of being a bag of bones... Too much meat on me to ever get there... I personally agree with you on that. We are all entitled to our opinions!..
Old 04-17-2012, 08:36 AM   #560
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Bag of Bones!! Like I could ever get there anyway!! I am pro-curves (especially since that's how God made me!!). I agree w. the fit and healthy goal-and if I'm honest I would say I'm pretty darned close. I do need to add some weight training in, and plan to do that the rest of my days. But, the running/walking has been good and as a lifestyle I hike, bike, and walk w. our family and for fun. I'm finally to the point where I don't look at "exercise" like a chore, but more like a privelege. I "get" to workout, not I "have" to workout.

You are all right on!! WE can do it!! We have the rest of our lives to "practice"
Old 04-17-2012, 08:39 AM   #561

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Bag of Bones!! Like I could ever get there anyway!! I am pro-curves (especially since that's how God made me!!). I agree w. the fit and healthy goal-and if I'm honest I would say I'm pretty darned close. I do need to add some weight training in, and plan to do that the rest of my days. But, the running/walking has been good and as a lifestyle I hike, bike, and walk w. our family and for fun. I'm finally to the point where I don't look at "exercise" like a chore, but more like a privelege. I "get" to workout, not I "have" to workout.

You are all right on!! WE can do it!! We have the rest of our lives to "practice"
Thank you for your good advice Julie!!.. I agree with you on the need to be active, and that will be my goal this summer. I see your pics and how active you are with your family! That is something I want to work on.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:19 AM   #562
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: Goal Wt-135 lbs! (-6 lbs.)
WOE: Stillman's - 18 days - Not my lifetime woe!
Start Date: 7/28/14 - 8/17/14
Ah acceptance of oneself, easy to say but sometimes hard to do. I loved myself at 250 lbs. in my mind but my body didn't and as a result health complications arised. Keeping low carb is helping me physically and walking is as well. Why do we do this to ourselves ladies? I certainly will be no skinny minnie and that is fine but I NEED to be healthy. Whatever form in which we chose to lose is fine as long as we are not truly starving ourselves or having a dilusion that we will be happy for good once we arrive at a paticular number on the scale. Measurements of one's accomplishment comes in many ways and NOT just that number on the scale. I put my picture out of me at 250 lbs to remind myself of where I DO NOT want to go again and my body is thanking me for it today. Speaking of today, today we can do what we need to do to be healthy and happy so let's just keep that up. If restriction of certain foods cause problems than stop doing it, eat the food but really enjoy it and know when your body says ENOUGH!!!!!!!! I know for me it is my relationship I have with food and it is an emotional one. I have been an emotional eater for many years and this will take time changing. I am not getting any younger so I need to get a move on with this one. Oh ladies, you are a great bunch of ladies all trying hard to be happy with yourselves and you should be so proud of yourselves for never giving up on YOU! K, rambled long enough, carry on!

Short term goal - 175 lbs. 12/25/14
One life to live, one day at a time, one pound at a time!
Old 04-17-2012, 09:22 AM   #563

As always, ! I need you in my back pocket
Old 04-17-2012, 09:24 AM   #564

BRAVO MAGGIE!! You said it very well, and I totally agree. We don't need to torture ourselves anymore. HEALTH is what it is all about, and as we get healthy, our bodies will naturally get smaller. They just have to!...
Old 04-17-2012, 09:24 AM   #565

Quote:
ME TOO!..
Old 04-17-2012, 10:29 AM   #566
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Sorry Jabba wouldn't fit.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:30 AM   #567
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
ME TOO!..
If I won't fit in Shari's pocket, I certainly WILL NOT fit in yours!

Old 04-17-2012, 11:00 AM   #568

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagieDen View Post
Ah acceptance of oneself, easy to say but sometimes hard to do. I loved myself at 250 lbs. in my mind but my body didn't and as a result health complications arised. Keeping low carb is helping me physically and walking is as well. Why do we do this to ourselves ladies? I certainly will be no skinny minnie and that is fine but I NEED to be healthy. Whatever form in which we chose to lose is fine as long as we are not truly starving ourselves or having a dilusion that we will be happy for good once we arrive at a paticular number on the scale. Measurements of one's accomplishment comes in many ways and NOT just that number on the scale. I put my picture out of me at 250 lbs to remind myself of where I DO NOT want to go again and my body is thanking me for it today. Speaking of today, today we can do what we need to do to be healthy and happy so let's just keep that up. If restriction of certain foods cause problems than stop doing it, eat the food but really enjoy it and know when your body says ENOUGH!!!!!!!! I know for me it is my relationship I have with food and it is an emotional one. I have been an emotional eater for many years and this will take time changing. I am not getting any younger so I need to get a move on with this one. Oh ladies, you are a great bunch of ladies all trying hard to be happy with yourselves and you should be so proud of yourselves for never giving up on YOU! K, rambled long enough, carry on!

^^^ The bolded above really sticks out to me!!!! Or maybe, just maybe, we are afraid to get to that number on the scale and actually face our "real" demons. Actually, goal is scary! What you thought was "perfect" is now reality!!!! Maggie!!!!
Old 04-17-2012, 11:51 AM   #569

GREAT DISCUSSION!! here today ladies! Thank you all for your input as I am learning alot, or at least remembering alot today..
Old 04-17-2012, 12:34 PM   #570

sooo true Gracie, Maggie has an excellent point. How many times have we seen here, on tv or people we know personally get to goal and find they are still 'unhappy'? I think people are happy at that moment or for a period of time but what happens when it becomes old and you and other people are used to the newer you? What becomes the focus then?
For sure one thing is maintenance...the true test to not use food for emotional eating and really working on what's inside...however big or small...

Maggie, you are too funny..Jabba..
Closed Thread