LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2012, 11:41 AM   #361
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
Thank you! They look so freakin' good! Especially being in P2 I may have to do a Fat Fast day just so I can have one or two
PERFECT for a fat fast!!... I don't blame you one bit! I ate 4 yesterday and still lost a pound...

Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2012, 06:16 AM   #362
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: 12yrslater
Stats: UGH
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Induction: 10/20/08
Goooood morning Deb Deb! Have a great day love
Old 03-26-2012, 06:19 AM   #363

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12yrslater View Post
Goooood morning Deb Deb! Have a great day love
you betcha!! are you getting excited yet??....flying or driving? I'm excited for you!!..
Old 03-26-2012, 06:22 AM   #364
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
you betcha!! are you getting excited yet??....flying or driving? I'm excited for you!!..
Not excited cuz I have so much to do! But it will get done eventually. I have today and tomorrow to do it.

Made the mistake of accepting a dinner invite for tonight and well, I have to do laundry too! I may not sleep tonight

Work tomorrow all day. Fly out tomorrow night.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:33 AM   #365

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12yrslater View Post
Not excited cuz I have so much to do! But it will get done eventually. I have today and tomorrow to do it.

Made the mistake of accepting a dinner invite for tonight and well, I have to do laundry too! I may not sleep tonight

Work tomorrow all day. Fly out tomorrow night.
Oh my lord girl!! you are a glutton for punishment!... Well, you will just be so busy that you won't have time to think until you are lounging on the plane!! WHOO HOOOO!!!
Old 03-26-2012, 07:18 AM   #366

Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Atkins Inductions for 14 Days
Start Date: 6/10/2014
Deb!!!
Old 03-26-2012, 07:20 AM   #367

Quote:
Originally Posted by @iamMeekness View Post
Deb!!!
HIYA MEEK! hope today is GRAND!
Old 03-26-2012, 10:18 AM   #368

Quote:
HIYA MEEK! hope today is GRAND!
It's going very well... no appetite. I didn't have breakfast or no lunch yet. I know this is not good, but I'm just now hungry . I'll eat double or triple portions when the hunger pangs start kicking in...

Ketosis is the life! I'm going to ride this sucker's back all the way to goal!!!
Old 03-27-2012, 04:14 AM   #369

Quote:
It's going very well... no appetite. I didn't have breakfast or no lunch yet. I know this is not good, but I'm just now hungry . I'll eat double or triple portions when the hunger pangs start kicking in...

Ketosis is the life! I'm going to ride this sucker's back all the way to goal!!!
That is FANTASTIC!! I LOVE!! Ketosis too!! I love not worrying about food during the day.. YAY For us!!!
Old 03-27-2012, 05:36 AM   #370
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lorettahd
Stats: 218/176/145
WOE: HCG
Start Date: September 25, 2008 HCG 11/28/2009 P2R1 -17
Morning Deb, glad your woe is working for you and you are happy with it.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:54 AM   #371

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorettahd View Post
Morning Deb, glad your woe is working for you and you are happy with it.
Thank you Loretta! so far so good. Hope you find emoitonal peace very very soon!... The plan for your eating will come with the peace...
Old 03-27-2012, 05:55 AM   #372
Big Yapper!!!!

Have a good day!
Old 03-27-2012, 06:01 AM   #373

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Good morning Deb! Every time I think of you I think RIBEYE and BUTTER That sounds so good this morning!!!! Hope you are having a great day
Old 03-27-2012, 07:22 AM   #374

Quote:
That is FANTASTIC!! I LOVE!! Ketosis too!! I love not worrying about food during the day.. YAY For us!!!
Same here. I was so busy yday that I didn't eat until I got home. Funny thing, I wasn't dizzy or starving. And, I had a TON of energy. When I got home, I had 3 Walmart hamburger patties w/cheese and 2 cups of broccoli. I was stuffed and didn't eat a thing else. I simply was not hungry. Ketosis is the absolutely BEST appetite suppressant! Thank you Jesus!!

Yes, YAY for US!!!

Last edited by Meek75; 03-27-2012 at 07:23 AM..
Old 03-27-2012, 07:32 AM   #375

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
Good morning Deb! Every time I think of you I think RIBEYE and BUTTER That sounds so good this morning!!!! Hope you are having a great day
YEP!! and that is because RIBEYE IN BUTTER... is my favorite food on the entire planet!! Look out cows!!...

Quote:
Same here. I was so busy yday that I didn't eat until I got home. Funny thing, I wasn't dizzy or starving. And, I had a TON of energy. When I got home, I had 3 Walmart hamburger patties w/cheese and 2 cups of broccoli. I was stuffed and didn't eat a thing else. I simply was not hungry. Ketosis is the absolutely BEST appetite suppressant! Thank you Jesus!!

Yes, YAY for US!!!
WOW!! that is wonderful Meek!! I am so glad you are in the big KETOSIS now, and that will definately help us to move forward with our plans!

I decided when I left work yesterday that I would not eat dinner because I was not hungry. I ended up with asparagus and a piece of steak leftover, but that was ENOUGH! Love it so much!! I don't want to leave it, so that is keeping me on the straight and narrow!
Old 03-27-2012, 07:41 AM   #376

Quote:
YEP!! and that is because RIBEYE IN BUTTER... is my favorite food on the entire planet!! Look out cows!!...

WOW!! that is wonderful Meek!! I am so glad you are in the big KETOSIS now, and that will definately help us to move forward with our plans!

I decided when I left work yesterday that I would not eat dinner because I was not hungry. I ended up with asparagus and a piece of steak leftover, but that was ENOUGH! Love it so much!! I don't want to leave it, so that is keeping me on the straight and narrow!
I know that's right!
I feel the same way. I'm afraid to go off course. I believe this is my second chance and I'm going to stay strong no matter what!
Old 03-27-2012, 07:56 AM   #377

Quote:
I know that's right!
I feel the same way. I'm afraid to go off course. I believe this is my second chance and I'm going to stay strong no matter what!
YES INDEED!! I feel the same way Meek. We just have to resist the going off on other tangets thing. We know there are several wonderful plans out there, but honestly, we have to do what is best for us. It is really so personal.

SO, I am happy with my choice, and it sounds like you are too!! Lets just keep on doing this, day by day. There is NOTHING we can't make low carb.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:17 AM   #378
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Ribeye in butter That sounds so good!! And knowing it's good for you? Bonus!!

How are you doing? LC for life for me too. JUDDD didn't work for me, I couldn't control the UD's after feeling so deprived on my DD's. I gained . WTG!!

I'm hanging in, enjoying maintenance!! I hope to eventually get to the place where it's effortless. Sigh. But, for now, it's not really hard, just something I do still need to think about.

Adding exercise next week . We'll see how the scale and I do!!

Hope this is a great week for you Deb!! you're doing great!!

Last edited by julieboolie; 03-27-2012 at 08:19 AM.. Reason: hadn't read!! Silly me!!
Old 03-27-2012, 09:21 AM   #379

Quote:
YES INDEED!! I feel the same way Meek. We just have to resist the going off on other tangets thing. We know there are several wonderful plans out there, but honestly, we have to do what is best for us. It is really so personal.

SO, I am happy with my choice, and it sounds like you are too!! Lets just keep on doing this, day by day. There is NOTHING we can't make low carb.
So true. I am going to try the cream cheese clouds once I confirm they are induction friendly . One would think, right?

Also, I'm not going to kill myself in the gym anymore. A few days a week is good enough, I suppose. I remember when I didn't exercise at all on Atkins and I still lost weight. It was until I hit the 180-170s that I started to work out hardcore. I'm taking things slow and being more realistic now. This is definitely a breath of fresh air. No more stressing or being anxious to hit a certain number by the summer. It's not he who runs the fastest, but he that endureth to the end... I got this! And it sounds like you do too! .
Old 03-27-2012, 09:34 AM   #380

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186.6/169-mini goal
WOE: very low carb
Quote:

I'm so glad to see that you're doing what works for you. Congrats on finding that peace of mind. Yup, day by day...that's the answer. Have a good one!
Old 03-27-2012, 10:04 AM   #381

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
I'm so glad to see that you're doing what works for you. Congrats on finding that peace of mind. Yup, day by day...that's the answer. Have a good one!
Thank you Shari! Your time is coming!!
Old 03-28-2012, 05:23 AM   #382

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Ribeye in butter That sounds so good!! And knowing it's good for you? Bonus!!

How are you doing? LC for life for me too. JUDDD didn't work for me, I couldn't control the UD's after feeling so deprived on my DD's. I gained . WTG!!

I'm hanging in, enjoying maintenance!! I hope to eventually get to the place where it's effortless. Sigh. But, for now, it's not really hard, just something I do still need to think about.

Adding exercise next week . We'll see how the scale and I do!!

Hope this is a great week for you Deb!! you're doing great!!
Hi Julie! Sorry, I missed yours and Meeks posts yesterday.. but I am doing very well now thank you. I am keeping busy so I don't think too much! DANGEROUS for me...

I am going with LC for life. I tried way too many plans and I just know that this is it for me. I feel best on LC and I love the things we can eat. RIBEYES IN BUTTER!!! OH YES!!...

Glad you are staying at such a low weight! YAY!!! Keep up the great work.

Quote:
So true. I am going to try the cream cheese clouds once I confirm they are induction friendly . One would think, right?

Also, I'm not going to kill myself in the gym anymore. A few days a week is good enough, I suppose. I remember when I didn't exercise at all on Atkins and I still lost weight. It was until I hit the 180-170s that I started to work out hardcore. I'm taking things slow and being more realistic now. This is definitely a breath of fresh air. No more stressing or being anxious to hit a certain number by the summer. It's not he who runs the fastest, but he that endureth to the end... I got this! And it sounds like you do too! .
I guess it depends on which induction ( which of Dr. A's books ) I know Atkins 72 says no cream cheese for the first week, but then it would be fine I am sure. The later books don't say no cream cheese. ANYWAY. they are wonderful!!!!

I have lost weight, I can tell while eating them every day. They don't bother me at all. It is the best treat I have had on LC. No need for anything with sugar ever again when I have these and my chocolate bars that I make sugar free!!!

Anyway, yes, not killing yourself with exercise is a great thing! Your body does not need a hard workout every single day no matter what the biggest loser says!...
Old 03-28-2012, 06:33 AM   #383

Hey Deb. can you post your chocolate bar recipe again. I think it was made with SF chocolate, butter, and splenda. Right? I'm going to make the clouds tonight. I can't wait to try them. I've just entered week 2!!! .
Old 03-28-2012, 06:34 AM   #384

Just thougth I'd share this with you.

Originally Posted by @iamMeekness
The Carbohydrate Ladder
As you move beyond Phase 1, Induction, the carb ladder assists you in two ways. First, it provides a logical progression with which to add carbohydrate foods once you move beyond the basic foods you can consume in Induction. Secondly, it prioritizes their amount and frequency. On the lower rungs are the foods you should be eating most often. On the top rungs are the foods, that—even in Lifetime Maintenance—will put in an appearance only occasionally, rarely, or never, depending upon your tolerance for carbs.

We’ve colored coded the carb ladder by phase to simplify its use. However, people who are relatively tolerant of carbs may be able to introduce some foods in Ongoing Weight Loss (OWL) that are usually not introduced until Pre-Maintenance. Other people who are relatively intolerant of carbs may not be able to introduce certain foods coded for OWL until Pre-Maintenance or Lifetime Maintenance. Again, depending upon individual tolerance for carbs, some people are able to introduce foods coded for Pre-Maintenance and beyond infrequently, in very small quantities or not at all.

Phase 1, Induction:
Rung 1: Foundation vegetables: leafy greens and other low-carb vegetables
Rung 2: Dairy foods high in fat and low in carbs: cream, sour cream, and most hard cheeses
Phase 2, Ongoing Weight Loss:
Rung 3: Nuts and seeds (but not chestnuts)
Rung 4: Berries, cherries, and melon (but not watermelon)
Rung 5: Whole milk yogurt and fresh cheeses, such as cottage cheese and ricotta
Rung 6: Legumes, including chickpeas, lentils, and the like.
Rung 7: Tomato and vegetable juice “cocktail” (plus more lemon and lime juice)
Phases 3 and 4, Pre-Maintenance and Lifetime Maintenance:
Rung 8: Other fruits (but not fruit juices or dried fruits)
Rung 9: Higher-carb vegetables, such as winter squash, carrots, and peas
Rung 10: Whole grains

How to Reintroduce Certain Foods
There are five important points to understand as you begin to reintroduce foods in OWL.
1. Count your carbs. If you’ve been estimating grams of Net Carbs [link] in Induction, now is the time to start counting them.
2. One at a time. Add only one new food within a rung each day or several days. That way, if a food reawakens cravings or uncontrollable hunger, causes gastric distress or stalls or reverses weight loss, you can easily identify it—and back off for the time being. So, for example, at rung 4 you might start with a small portion of blueberries. Assuming no problems, move on to strawberries a couple of days later. In OWL, most people can also consume additional low-carb specialty foods beyond those suitable for Induction. Again, try them one at a time to assess any reactions.
3. More variety, not more food. You’re increasing your range of foods but not the amount of food that you’re eating day to day by very much. As you continue to add small amounts of carbohydrate foods, you don’t have to do anything other than make sure you’re not overdoing your protein intake (typically 4–6 ounces at each meal). Let your appetite be your guide. Stay hydrated, and the moment you feel you’ve had enough, stop eating.
4. Stay with foundation vegetables. As you add new foods, you’ll substitute some of them for other carb foods you’re already eating, but not your 12 to 15 grams of Net Carbs from foundation vegetables. For example, you can now have cottage cheese in lieu of some of the hard cheese you’ve been eating in Induction. Instead of an afternoon snack of green olives, you might switch off with macadamias. You’ll still be eating those Induction-friendly foods, but you can branch out a bit. As long as you’re tracking your carb intake, eating the recommended amount of vegetables, and feeling full but not stuffed, you should do fine.
5. Write it down. The process of adding back foods doesn’t always happen smoothly, and you’ll want to know which food is causing which response, so, if necessary, you know which to back off from. Keep on noting what you’re adding, how much, and your reactions, if any, in your diet journal.
Old 03-28-2012, 06:44 AM   #385

Quote:
Hey Deb. can you post your chocolate bar recipe again. I think it was made with SF chocolate, butter, and splenda. Right? I'm going to make the clouds tonight. I can't wait to try them. I've just entered week 2!!! .
Yes, you are right on the ingredients, but I do add cream to make it a nice creamy chocolate.. SO GOOD!!!
1oz. bakers chocolate- unsweetened
1T. butter
1/2T. Cream, or however you like it
1T. splenda, or to taste.

Melt the butter and the chocolate then add the splenda and cream. Put in the freezer or fridge to set it, or eat it straight like icing...

It comes in around 5 net carbs. Never have to eat another store bought chocolate bar again!!

The CLOUDS ARE TO DIE FOR!! I swear!! I just had 2 and am in HEAVEN with my CLOUDS...

Last edited by Deb294evr; 03-28-2012 at 07:01 AM.. Reason: fixing recipe
Old 03-28-2012, 06:45 AM   #386

Thank you Meek for posting the Carb Ladder!!! I am going to print this out!!..
Old 03-28-2012, 06:47 AM   #387

Quote:
Yes, you are right on the ingredients, but I do add cream to make it a nice creamy chocolate.. SO GOOD!!!
1T. bakers chocolate- unsweetened
1T. butter

Melt the butter and the chocolate then add the splenda and cream. Put in the freezer or fridge to set it, or eat it straight like icing...

It comes in around 5 net carbs. Never have to eat another store bought chocolate bar again!!

The CLOUDS ARE TO DIE FOR!! I swear!! I just had 2 and am in HEAVEN with my CLOUDS...
OMG! I can't wait to try these. I may go get the ingredients from CVS and makes some while at work! Girl, you got me geeking over here now.
Old 03-28-2012, 06:57 AM   #388

Quote:
OMG! I can't wait to try these. I may go get the ingredients from CVS and makes some while at work! Girl, you got me geeking over here now.
It should read 1 OUNCE of Bakers Chocolate, not 1 T. Sorry!

You will LOVE IT! I swear, it is so easy, I don't know why I didn't try it before. I wasted alot of money on those little sugar free chocolates that have so much crap in them, when this just has a few ingredients ( mainly good for you FAT ) !

PLUS! you can make it sweet or more like a dark chocolate depending on how much splenda or cream you put in it. Experiment on how you prefer your chocolate to taste. I love them though, and my whole family eats this instead of the store bought stuff now. ENJOY!

Last edited by Deb294evr; 03-28-2012 at 07:00 AM.. Reason: fixing recipe
Old 03-28-2012, 06:59 AM   #389
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lorettahd
Stats: 218/176/145
WOE: HCG
Start Date: September 25, 2008 HCG 11/28/2009 P2R1 -17
Quote:
1T. bakers chocolate- unsweetened
1T. butter

Good Morning Deb, I would like to try this recipe as well. You know I'm a little slow so is that teaspoon or tablespoon for each ingredient.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:09 AM   #390

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorettahd View Post
Good Morning Deb, I would like to try this recipe as well. You know I'm a little slow so is that teaspoon or tablespoon for each ingredient.

Ok here is the correct recipe since I am sorta tired this morning...

1 Ounce of Bakers Chocolate - unsweetened
1 Tablespoon of Butter
1/2 Tablespoon of Heavy Cream ( or more! )
1 Tablespoon of Splenda ( more or less! )

= to die for chocolate!!
Closed Thread