LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2012, 03:48 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Scarlet_Belle
Stats: 176.4/172.4/135
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2011
Restarting induction after losing 8 lbs

I was following induction since January 5th and doing really well, then on Wednesday I was upset and I had 2 pieces of pizza and sort of lost the momentum after that. Weight loss stalled, and then on Thursday I called a former employer about a job in the paper, and about an hour and a half later I was there working! So I didn't have time to plan meals too well but tried to eat salads at least... And since I planned to eat cake for my birthday coming up I decided to mostly forget dieting and treat myself to some chocolate and a few mints at work, for lunch today I had one of those packs of cheesy broccoli rice that I used to love---it was so gross, I can't believe how NASTY it was to eat that! I would much rather eat the veggies with fattening dip, scrambled eggs, turkey bacon, chicken, beef, sausage, cheese soup, salads with crisp veggies... and even pork rinds.

So I am mostly restarting induction tomorrow, except I am having a piece mandarin orange cake with my birthday dinner. The rest of the menu: baked herb marinated chicken, green beans, and Caesar salad

(I currently weigh about 161 and I want to weigh 135.)
Scarlet_Belle is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2012, 06:42 PM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Wow... well my pattern of binge eating is nothing new. I keep having setbacks like that. It is August, I had ramen noodles last night. Today I've done well, eggs and bacon, a salad with my home-made dressing. I weight 152.
Old 09-02-2012, 10:51 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Ahhhhhh.... I went from 149.8 to 159.2 in like 3 days!!!
I have such an all-or-nothing attitude. When I'm sticking to my diet I'm sad about not having cheat foods, and when I have cheat foods I'm really disappointed in myself about not reaching my goals. If I mess up at one meal or have a treat I say that I should just binge eat for the entire day, and that's destructive.

And when I'm excited about a weight-loss goal I think "hey why don't I celebrate with food!" I really need to find other rewards for myself.
Old 09-19-2012, 03:32 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: WatchMeMelt
Stats: 195.6/185.6/130
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: 8/27/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet_Belle View Post
Ahhhhhh.... I went from 149.8 to 159.2 in like 3 days!!!
I have such an all-or-nothing attitude. When I'm sticking to my diet I'm sad about not having cheat foods, and when I have cheat foods I'm really disappointed in myself about not reaching my goals. If I mess up at one meal or have a treat I say that I should just binge eat for the entire day, and that's destructive.

And when I'm excited about a weight-loss goal I think "hey why don't I celebrate with food!" I really need to find other rewards for myself.
Hi Scarlet! I came across your posts and realized you are a carbon copy of me. I am also a binger, I do really well for a day or two and then I crave a certain food and then act on it. not only that food, but tons more afterwards..I don't know if I have a problem or if the diet is just too strict..I have my brother's wedding in Nov. and I really want to be slimmer but with this kind of binge eating, I don't know if I will reach my goal. How are you doing since your last post?
WatchMeMelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:33 PM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Well, it's November...! How'd it go?

The good news is that I have kept off 15 lbs. But I yo-yo diet. I'm just trying to maintain, I select better foods more often but I basically eat whatever I want at this point. I watch carbs and try to eat more meat and veggies and fat than I did in the past, if I make stir fry I skip the rice. The other day a friend and I ordered a pizza, I limited myself to 2 slices and chopped up some cucumber, celery, and cauliflower to serve with ranch, that's a nice compromise. Before low-carb I swear I would have noodles and doughnuts at every meal, and inhale entire packages of rice.

If I start to creep up to like 153 lbs...154 lbs... 155 lbs.. I will do intermittent fasting to get back down to 150 or less. I would like to get down to 140 which is what I weighed in 2009, but I'm just not really all that dedicated.
Old 11-28-2012, 04:05 PM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Thanksgiving was really good, but starting today it is my goal to lose 10 lbs by Christmas!

Starting weight: 158.8 lbs (clothed)

I have not been strict about nutrition for 1 or 2 months now. I also have a friend who just had a baby and gained so much weight (50 or 60 lbs), she's not happy and always complaining and saying she's depressed, but she doesn't want to eat right or exercise. Well my other goal is to show her how much weight I can lose in 1 month and hopefully she'll be encouraged to join me!

I'm about to have some green tea, so far today I have had:
-decaf coffee with heavy cream
-3 bacon slices
-2 scrambled eggs with cheese and green pepper
-leftover turkey
-a few bites of noodles (shame, shame on me)

Last edited by Scarlet_Belle; 11-28-2012 at 04:46 PM.. Reason: add food journal
Old 12-04-2012, 03:05 PM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Doing pretty well. On Monday, December 3rd I was down to 152 lbs! But that day I had sloppy joe meat, without the bun, and one cookie, and ate some potato salad and tuna noodle salad, some chips. I didn't overeat but it wasn't low-carb.

Today: 153.4 lbs (5.4 lbs lost)
Old 12-04-2012, 04:27 PM   #8
Junior LCF Member

David Elmore Smith is someone I follow on Facebook. He was the star of a show I used to watch on TLC called "The 650 lb Virgin." He worked really hard to get down to 230 lbs naturally, without weight-loss surgery or drugs, and he had many cosmetic operations to remove excess skin. He even became a personal trainer.

Unfortunately he slipped back, I learned today that his weight is now at 530 lbs and he can no longer be a trainer. However, he's making an effort to lose the weight again and posting youtube videos of his journey, but according to his Facebook page he just broke his leg in the shower. This is terrible news. I always wonder to myself if maybe low-carb is the answer, and could help this person achieve permanent weight loss better than a low-fat, high protein, high carb bodybuilder diet containing wheat bread and brown rice.

Last edited by Scarlet_Belle; 12-04-2012 at 04:31 PM..
Old 12-13-2012, 10:46 AM   #9
Junior LCF Member

Today: 149.4

I reached goal early this week, On December 10th I reached 148.4 then 148.2, bring my weight loss to 10.6 lbs in 11 or 11 days, well before Christmas! Okay, but my weight has shot up 1 lb, the hard part is keeping it off.

Usually when I get under 150 I think "yay I can have some pasta!" and start gaining weight. I didn't do that this time. I tried on some leather pants I have, they are tight and squeaky but I can get them on and button and zipper... I don't remember being able to fasten them before!
Old 03-05-2013, 11:01 PM   #10
Junior LCF Member

Weighing in at 152 today. I'm starting to think that I will never be at 130 lbs or wear a swimsuit ever again, but at least I am not gaining. My weight was getting close to 170 two years ago.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:39 AM   #11
Junior LCF Member

My weight is creeping back up, weighing in at 159.2 today. I like to bake and have been enjoying bread, cakes, cookies, and brownies as well as rice and pasta, but know I should take control and start a strict low-carb diet.
Old 05-31-2013, 06:25 AM   #12
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: WannabeElegant
Stats: 195/182.82/145
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: May 27 th, 2013
Have you tried stillmans quick weight loss diet? It is amazing. 10 pounds or more in two weeks harsh? yes a little but you have so ,little to lose you would be down fast!!!
WannabeElegant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 01:15 PM   #13
Junior LCF Member

I have the book and I have tried it, but failed. It's very restrictive and expensive to eat so much meat.

I'm at 172.4 lbs and trying Atkins again.