Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Weight Loss Journals (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-journals/)
-   -   I'm On One! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-journals/755056-im-one.html)

s1mon3 01-25-2012 04:44 PM

I'm On One! (The JUDDD Life!)

I said I wasn't going to journal again but I am beginning JUDDD. Its recommended beginners journal to measure progress. I also need to figure out what works and what does not work for me.

I have been on the roller coaster ride far too long and its time for me to get off! Today I weighed in at 184 :sad: which is 14 pounds more than I weighed back in September. I could say I don't know how that happened but I know exactly how it happened. The holidays arrived and I gave myself a free pass to eat whatever the heck whenever the heck! :doh:I want to get those pounds off and finally reach my goal. Hopefully JUDDD is the plan I have been looking for. Thinking back I did maintain my losses for a while by doing just what this plans suggests. Not even thinking I would have one day of high calories with the next being low calories. So we will see and I will super stoked when I finally reach my goal! :jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

Ok...off to read more about that plan and how to ensure success! :D

Please offer encouragement and support and I will do the same for you in your efforts!! :heart:

s1mon3 01-25-2012 06:12 PM

I entered my details in the calc. According to them I should be: UD 3471 and DD 694! Consider today day one for me. I will in no way eat 3471 cals today or on any day :sick: but I am going to try and rock this plan! :cool:

lorettahd 01-25-2012 08:09 PM

Hey Chick, I am still around :laugh: I will visit your journal to cheer you on, good luck with JUDDD. From what I hear it is a good plan.......right now there are several people doing that plan.......I'm going to stick with low carb for a while and once I start stalling I will switch to something else.

s1mon3 01-25-2012 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lorettahd (Post 15362039)
Hey Chick, I am still around :laugh: I will visit your journal to cheer you on, good luck with JUDDD. From what I hear it is a good plan.......right now there are several people doing that plan.......I'm going to stick with low carb for a while and once I start stalling I will switch to something else.

Hey Lo!! Thanks for stopping by girlie!:heart: I see you are still doing your thang! Keep it up! :clap: From what I have read so far JUDDD is a good plan. Today was day one for me. I am anxious to see what the plan will do for me. My heart is just not in LC right now. So I gotta find something else that may work before I find myself back at square one. Ya know? Continued best wishes to you!!

s1mon3 01-25-2012 08:25 PM

Notes for Self

To Help Ensure Your Success…

1. Remember to stay hydrated and drink plenty of water.
2. Exercise regularly, particularly on Up Days.
3. To avoid frustration from weight fluctuations, weigh yourself only once a week, on the morning after a Down Day.

shari 01-26-2012 03:23 AM

Hey Marl, good luck with JUDDD! It does work, and the people on that forum I found to be very upbeat, friendly and helpful. I'm debating now if I want to do JUDDD or LC after the protocol. I'll be following you and cheering you on. Here's to making goal this year! :high5:

lorettahd 01-26-2012 03:43 AM

Good Morning Marl, how did day one go? :)

Gracie514 01-26-2012 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s1mon3 (Post 15361837)
I entered my details in the calc. According to them I should be: UD 3471 and DD 694! Consider today day one for me. I will in no way eat 3471 cals today or on any day :sick: but I am going to try and rock this plan! :cool:

Good luck with JUDDD! I started yesterday as well. I'm 5'-7" tall, wt: 194, female, little exercize and my numbers are around 500 for DDs and 1800-1900 for UDs. I think there's something wrong with your numbers!! There's no way your UD should be 3471 calories. What are your measurements and I will double check for you - would hate to see you have the wrong numbers to start!

s1mon3 01-26-2012 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shari (Post 15362269)
Hey Marl, good luck with JUDDD! It does work, and the people on that forum I found to be very upbeat, friendly and helpful. I'm debating now if I want to do JUDDD or LC after the protocol. I'll be following you and cheering you on. Here's to making goal this year! :high5:

Hi Shari! Thanks girlie. I am really going to give my all to this plan. I want to succeed and be done. I really believe I can live like this for the rest of my life! Good luck to you also and thanks for the best wishes! :hugs:

Quote:

Originally Posted by lorettahd (Post 15362292)
Good Morning Marl, how did day one go? :)

GM Lo!! Day one was cool. I counted it as my UD but I didn't over do it. All was well!! ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gracie514 (Post 15362638)
Good luck with JUDDD! I started yesterday as well. I'm 5'-7" tall, wt: 194, female, little exercize and my numbers are around 500 for DDs and 1800-1900 for UDs. I think there's something wrong with your numbers!! There's no way your UD should be 3471 calories. What are your measurements and I will double check for you - would hate to see you have the wrong numbers to start!

Thank you for your input Gracie. I used the calc on the UpDD Diet site. :doh: I just went back and double checked to make sure all was correct and I noticed that I didn't change the weight from kg to lbs! I'm 184 and 5'3". I selected little to no exercise, but that will change once I begin my Zumba classes again. Thank you so much for catching my error. I knew something looked fishy. I don't know if I should let today be my "day one". I ate my cals yesterday but I know I didn't get near 3471. :confused: Will you be using a cal counter on this plan. I have been thinking about that and hoping there would be a way around using a counter. I dunno how diligent I would be and I surely do not want to fail! Good luck to you! :up:

Meek75 01-26-2012 07:20 AM

Hey Marlette. I'm here to cheer you on. You can do it!!! :clap:

s1mon3 01-26-2012 07:24 AM

Thanks Meek!!! I need the support! :shake:

Gracie514 01-26-2012 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s1mon3 (Post 15362772)
Hi Shari! Thanks girlie. I am really going to give my all to this plan. I want to succeed and be done. I really believe I can live like this for the rest of my life! Good luck to you also and thanks for the best wishes! :hugs:

GM Lo!! Day one was cool. I counted it as my UD but I didn't over do it. All was well!! ;)

Thank you for your input Gracie. I used the calc on the UpDD Diet site. :doh: I just went back and double checked to make sure all was correct and I noticed that I didn't change the weight from kg to lbs! I'm 184 and 5'3". I selected little to no exercise, but that will change once I begin my Zumba classes again. Thank you so much for catching my error. I knew something looked fishy. I don't know if I should let today be my "day one". I ate my cals yesterday but I know I didn't get near 3471. :confused: Will you be using a cal counter on this plan. I have been thinking about that and hoping there would be a way around using a counter. I dunno how diligent I would be and I surely do not want to fail! Good luck to you! :up:

I wasn't sure of your age so I checked a few different ones. Your numbers are really close to mine - DD of 500 and UD of 1900 calories. This is at 30% weight loss mode I believe. I haven't ever done less than 500 on a DD - I know some people can get through an entire day fasting but not this girl! :laugh: There's also lots of good DD recipes and ideas on a thread here. I think you are going to do fantastic on JUDDD!

s1mon3 01-26-2012 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gracie514 (Post 15362821)
I wasn't sure of your age so I checked a few different ones. Your numbers are really close to mine - DD of 500 and UD of 1900 calories. This is at 30% weight loss mode I believe. I haven't ever done less than 500 on a DD - I know some people can get through an entire day fasting but not this girl! :laugh: There's also lots of good DD recipes and ideas on a thread here. I think you are going to do fantastic on JUDDD!

Yeah I was totally off! :laugh: I am glad you set me straight. My numbers are now UD 2144 and DD 536 at 25%. I am still trying to understand which percentage to choose and what's correct for me. I have more reading to do. I don't know about fasting either. I don't have a problem using the Atkins premade protein shakes. I love the chocolate flavor and they are 160 cals for one. I figured I would do 2 shakes and something for dinner. Have you tried any of the DD recipes? I want to keep it as simple as possible otherwise I get comfortable and slip up. Thank you for your encouragement! :heart:

Gracie514 01-26-2012 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s1mon3 (Post 15362873)
Yeah I was totally off! :laugh: I am glad you set me straight. My numbers are now UD 2144 and DD 536 at 25%. I am still trying to understand which percentage to choose and what's correct for me. I have more reading to do. I don't know about fasting either. I don't have a problem using the Atkins premade protein shakes. I love the chocolate flavor and they are 160 cals for one. I figured I would do 2 shakes and something for dinner. Have you tried any of the DD recipes? I want to keep it as simple as possible otherwise I get comfortable and slip up. Thank you for your encouragement! :heart:

Yesterday was a DD and I had:

B: coffee/cream/equal - 54 calories
L: Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal Packet - 160 calories
D: Southwest Grilled Chicken Salad w/Southwest Dressing from McDonalds - 390 calories

TOTAL Calories 604
Plus I did my hour Callanetics video so I'm not sure what my NET calories were.

Down Day Ideas: Fat Free Hot Dogs on lite buns, Canned Soups, Shredded Cabbage-chicken-laughing cow cheese combo, oatmeal, veggies dipped in low-fat dressing on a plate with deli meats/cheese, low-fat cereal with skim milk, etc.

s1mon3 01-26-2012 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gracie514 (Post 15362925)
Yesterday was a DD and I had:

B: coffee/cream/equal - 54 calories
L: Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal Packet - 160 calories
D: Southwest Grilled Chicken Salad w/Southwest Dressing from McDonalds - 390 calories

TOTAL Calories 604
Plus I did my hour Callanetics video so I'm not sure what my NET calories were.

Down Day Ideas: Fat Free Hot Dogs on lite buns, Canned Soups, Shredded Cabbage-chicken-laughing cow cheese combo, oatmeal, veggies dipped in low-fat dressing on a plate with deli meats/cheese, low-fat cereal with skim milk, etc.

Your DD menu is totally doable!! I am so looking forward to the flexibility this plan will offer me. Best thing of all I get to eat sweet potatoes and oatmeal!! :jumpjoy: I am going to take a gander at that menu idea thread...Thanks again hun! :heart:

shari 01-26-2012 09:18 AM

Gracie gave a lot of good examples. Do you like turkey bacon? that was a staple on my DDs too...very low cals. It's amazing how much you can eat when you know the items that are low cal..I was usually satisfied. Oh and diet cocoa..another staple!

ETA: I was eating sweet potato fries and still losing...love sweet potatoes. Now you got me drooling..LOL. Enjoy!!

godsbeloved79 01-26-2012 11:48 AM

I'm here and I know for a fact we can do this. :clap:

Dedicated 01-26-2012 04:52 PM

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
emmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Marl has a journal....Woot?!?!?!??!? LOL

Tyl 01-26-2012 06:56 PM

Late for the party!!!! You can do it! I eat real food on dd instead of shake but if that works for you that's perfect. My down day staples include oatmeal, egg whites, sandwhiches w baked chips or pretzels, crackers and laughing cow cheese, but I also just eat what I have in amounts that fit. Yesterday I had two slices of piazza 650 cals! Anyway this is the most flexible plan I have ever been on! I think u will love it.

s1mon3 01-26-2012 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by godsbeloved79 (Post 15363804)
I'm here and I know for a fact we can do this. :clap:

Amen Lyn!! Nuttin to it but to do it!! :shake:

Quote:

Originally Posted by shari (Post 15363291)
Gracie gave a lot of good examples. Do you like turkey bacon? that was a staple on my DDs too...very low cals. It's amazing how much you can eat when you know the items that are low cal..I was usually satisfied. Oh and diet cocoa..another staple!

ETA: I was eating sweet potato fries and still losing...love sweet potatoes. Now you got me drooling..LOL. Enjoy!!

Shari I :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart: sweet potatoes any way they are prepared! I am looking forward to my UD tomorrow because they are on the menu! :laugh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dedicated (Post 15364699)
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
emmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Marl has a journal....Woot?!?!?!??!? LOL

Who woulda thunkit! ;)

s1mon3 01-26-2012 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyl (Post 15364965)
Late for the party!!!! You can do it! I eat real food on dd instead of shake but if that works for you that's perfect. My down day staples include oatmeal, egg whites, sandwhiches w baked chips or pretzels, crackers and laughing cow cheese, but I also just eat what I have in amounts that fit. Yesterday I had two slices of piazza 650 cals! Anyway this is the most flexible plan I have ever been on! I think u will love it.

Hey you!! Its not like you to be "Tardy for the party" LOL...j/k you are right on time! Girl oatmeal was heavily on my mind today. I didn't eat it and the only reason why I am sticking to shakes is because of the Dr.'s recommendation on his site was. He stated that those shakes help you stay within your ranges on DDs especially during the first two weeks. Plus I had them in the fridge and needed to get rid of them. Did you do the "induction" phase? I am up for eating real foods I just have to be really careful! You are doing well already for already losing 10 pounds this month. That's awesome! :clap:

Jayce 01-26-2012 07:21 PM

Hey lady! Can't wait to hear about your progress...you've got this!

s1mon3 01-26-2012 07:41 PM

Another day behind me!

So today I didn't do so bad. I had 3 Atkins shakes at 160 cals each. I also had a few strips of lean NY steak (couldn't help it) as I was preparing dinner for the fam. I think my next DD day will be diff. I am going to eat real foods rather than prepared shakes all day to see if I will be affected at negatively at all. I will prob still have one shake a day. Tomorrow is an UD and I am so looking forward to it. I have 2151 allotted for meals tomorrow and I am going to make the best of those cals. Here is my prelim menu for tomorrow.

B: oatmeal/ coffee w cream and splenda
D: turkey or tuna sand on whole wheat w green leaf lettuce
D: baked sweet potato/???

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayce (Post 15365008)
Hey lady! Can't wait to hear about your progress...you've got this!

Thank you for the encouragement doll!! :heart:

Jayce 01-27-2012 04:20 AM

You're welcome! :)

I lovvvvve sweet potatoes! They're 1 of my new addictions.

Dedicated 01-27-2012 05:07 AM

Morning Marl! Hey peeps!

Gracie514 01-27-2012 06:53 AM

Good morning! Did you weigh after your DD? I'm waiting til I get a couple good DDs in and TOM kicks rocks :laugh:

lorettahd 01-27-2012 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gracie514 (Post 15365762)
Good morning! Did you weigh after your DD? I'm waiting til I get a couple good DDs in and TOM kicks rocks :laugh:

Morning, what's the new number for today:)

s1mon3 01-27-2012 07:01 AM

Happy Friday!!

Good Morning Ladies!

I was reluctant to weigh in because it hasn't been a week yet, but you know how we do. :cool: I had to step on the scale and to my surprise I weighed in at 181! I am sort of happy but because of where I was just back in September I kind of disappointed that I am even seeing the 180's again on the scale. I will take it though because soon I will be back where I was back then!

I have already eaten my oatmeal for brekkie and I am looking forward to the rest of my delectable meals that I can enjoy today! :D

shari 01-27-2012 07:03 AM

Hey Marl!! Congrats!!! :jumpjoy: :jumpjoy: Did you eat the sweet potato last night? :yummy:

Gracie514 01-27-2012 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s1mon3 (Post 15365804)
Good Morning Ladies!

I was reluctant to weigh in because it hasn't been a week yet, but you know how we do. :cool: I had to step on the scale and to my surprise I weighed in at 181! I am sort of happy but because of where I was just back in September I kind of disappointed that I am even seeing the 180's again on the scale. I will take it though because soon I will be back where I was back then!

I have already eaten my oatmeal for brekkie and I am looking forward to the rest of my delectable meals that I can enjoy today! :D

Holy Moly!!! That is fantastic :clap: You're gonna be back in the 170's within the week. Enjoy your UD!!!