Tyl
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Tyl
Stats: Working on it!
WOE: LC
Start Date: Sept 2008/Again Dec. 30, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1mon3 View Post
Hey you!! Its not like you to be "Tardy for the party" LOL...j/k you are right on time! Girl oatmeal was heavily on my mind today. I didn't eat it and the only reason why I am sticking to shakes is because of the Dr.'s recommendation on his site was. He stated that those shakes help you stay within your ranges on DDs especially during the first two weeks. Plus I had them in the fridge and needed to get rid of them. Did you do the "induction" phase? I am up for eating real foods I just have to be really careful! You are doing well already for already losing 10 pounds this month. That's awesome!
Yep two weeks of induction but I didn't do bars or shakes. Just did 500 cals. Technically I'm down 14 but I had gained 4 over the holiday! Its a plan that works!
Tyl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2012, 07:23 AM   #32
Tyl

You r kicking butt already!
Old 01-27-2012, 08:06 AM   #33

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186.6/169-mini goal
WOE: very low carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyl View Post
Yep two weeks of induction but I didn't do bars or shakes. Just did 500 cals. Technically I'm down 14 but I had gained 4 over the holiday! Its a plan that works!
Go Tyl!!
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:43 AM   #34
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lorettahd
Stats: 218/176/145
WOE: HCG
Start Date: September 25, 2008 HCG 11/28/2009 P2R1 -17
Quote:
Good Morning Ladies!

I was reluctant to weigh in because it hasn't been a week yet, but you know how we do. I had to step on the scale and to my surprise I weighed in at 181! I am sort of happy but because of where I was just back in September I kind of disappointed that I am even seeing the 180's again on the scale. I will take it though because soon I will be back where I was back then!

I have already eaten my oatmeal for brekkie and I am looking forward to the rest of my delectable meals that I can enjoy today!

You go mama Keep up the good work!!!
lorettahd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 10:00 AM   #35

Gallery: s1mon3
Stats: 220/168/145
WOE: Clean Eating/Cal & Carb Cycling
Start Date: July 2013
Quote:
I think I am going to eat at least one meal. Maybe my oatmeal for breakfast. I love that stuff! Good job on being down 14!! I hope I by the end of Feb I am 14 down!!

Quote:
You r kicking butt already!
Thanks girl...trying to make it do what it do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorettahd View Post
You go mama Keep up the good work!!!
Thanks Lo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Go Tyl!!
IKR!!!
s1mon3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 10:03 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Hey Marl!! Congrats!!! Did you eat the sweet potato last night?
Thanks girlie!!! No potato yet...DD day! Today is the day though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
Holy Moly!!! That is fantastic You're gonna be back in the 170's within the week. Enjoy your UD!!!
Thanks Gracie! I am looking forward to retuning to the 170's!! I am going to enjoy eating today!! Good healthy foods!!
Old 01-27-2012, 05:06 PM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: KJ-43
Stats: HW 279 198/194.5/170
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 10/30/06 ,restart 1/2/14,7/2/14
Hi Marlette,

I was lurking around on the journals and saw that you had started Juddd. I started last Sunday and in my first week I los 4.5lbs. I lurked around in the Juddd forum for about 2 weeks before I started to make sure I understood the plan. I also went out and bought a scale and some lean cusine meals so I could preplan my meals. I was told no matter how much exercise I get to enter little or no exercise to get your numbers b/c you don't want to eat up what you worked off. I am currently at about 1900/500 and its harder to eat up to the 1900 then it is to do the 500 imo. Because I was coming off lc I didn't go hog wild on carbs starting out but I did enjoy oatmeal,sun chips,peanut butter and apples,oranges,berries for fruit. On one of my ud's I made me some cabbage and hot water cornbreatd and still loss the next day. Just be carefull during the first 2 weeks so you can see what works for you and then after that you can play with it a bit. I still am finding it hard to believe that I am enjoying the foods I like and still losing weight. Good Luck and I will stop in every now and then. FYI go over to the Juddd forum and read, read and read its a lot of good info out there that will help you.

kj
Old 01-27-2012, 05:13 PM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

One other thing if you have a smartphone(you can also get in online) get on ************ you can log in your food. The have a large database of items with even resturant items. It also has a barcode scanner so you can scan your items in. I also found fast food calorie look up app and it has a lot of resturant calorie info.
kj
KJ-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 05:29 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ-43 View Post
Hi Marlette,

I was lurking around on the journals and saw that you had started Juddd. I started last Sunday and in my first week I los 4.5lbs. I lurked around in the Juddd forum for about 2 weeks before I started to make sure I understood the plan. I also went out and bought a scale and some lean cusine meals so I could preplan my meals. I was told no matter how much exercise I get to enter little or no exercise to get your numbers b/c you don't want to eat up what you worked off. I am currently at about 1900/500 and its harder to eat up to the 1900 then it is to do the 500 imo. Because I was coming off lc I didn't go hog wild on carbs starting out but I did enjoy oatmeal,sun chips,peanut butter and apples,oranges,berries for fruit. On one of my ud's I made me some cabbage and hot water cornbreatd and still loss the next day. Just be carefull during the first 2 weeks so you can see what works for you and then after that you can play with it a bit. I still am finding it hard to believe that I am enjoying the foods I like and still losing weight. Good Luck and I will stop in every now and then. FYI go over to the Juddd forum and read, read and read its a lot of good info out there that will help you.

kj
Quote:
One other thing if you have a smartphone(you can also get in online) get on ************ you can log in your food. The have a large database of items with even resturant items. It also has a barcode scanner so you can scan your items in. I also found fast food calorie look up app and it has a lot of resturant calorie info.
kj

Hi Kj!!

Congrats on your 4.5 loss!!!

Thank you for stopping by and offering your very welcomed advice! Someone else told me to set the my activity to the lowest for the same reason. I did that and my cals went are now UD 1877 DD 375. I think I can stick with 500 within the first 2 weeks as the Dr suggested. I am going to see how it goes. I too find the forum very helpful. I am still reading. I am really excited about this plan because just as you mentioned I can enjoy all the foods I missed on LC and still hopefully lose and maintain my weight. If this plan works I will be here for life! Yesterday was a down day for me. It was a little hard but I think I need to plan and spread out my shakes a tad better.

I do have a smart phone and I use ************. I downloaded it last year used it for a while then I stopped since doing LC I didn't find it necessary to log and watch cals. So I started using it again when I began JUDDD. I just have to get used to it if i want to succeed. Its so easy to over eat when you eyeball everything! And like you mentioned I love that the database has pretty much every food you can think of.

Stop by often...I would love to continue hearing from you!! BTW, do you have a journal?
Old 01-27-2012, 06:57 PM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

I have no Journal although I have thought about it. I did just request you as a friend on ************. Its under Karen Johnson. Oh and thank you and I look forward to seeing your progress.

kj

Last edited by KJ-43; 01-27-2012 at 06:59 PM..
Old 01-27-2012, 09:26 PM   #41

Quote:
I have no Journal although I have thought about it. I did just request you as a friend on ************. Its under Karen Johnson. Oh and thank you and I look forward to seeing your progress.

kj
Hey Karen!!

Maintaining a journal is a tedious task. I have had many. I am planning on keeping this one for the long run. Shoot....I think I feel better tracking everything I eat on this plan to make sure I am successful. I want JUDDD to be for life.

I accepted your request!!! Thanks!! The way I see it its another avenue for success!!
Old 01-27-2012, 10:48 PM   #42

UD Complete

I finished my UD today! According to *** I still have 444 cals to eat, but I am not gonna do it. I am full and I really am satisfied with my choices today. Here is what my menu looked like:

Breakfast
Quaker - Old Fashioned Oatmeal, 1/2 Cup Dry (40g)
Butter - Salted, 1 tbsp
Sugars - Brown, 1 tsp unpacked unpacked
Carnation - Fat Free Evaporated Skim Milk, 1 tbsp (15 mL)
Splenda - 1 Tsp, 2 Tsp
Generic - International Delight- French Vanilla- Sugar Free, 2 Tbsp.

Lunch
Wonder - Whole Grain White Bread, 2 slices
Butterball - Deep Fried Turkey Sandwich Meat, 1 slice (28g)
Kroger - Pepper Jack Cheese Block, 1 oz
Kraft - Miracle Whip Dressing, 0.15 Tbsp

Dinner
Salad Dressing, Italian (Good Seasons) - Salad Dressing, Italian (Good Seasons), 1 tbsp
Generic - Feta Cheese , 15 g
Cucumber W/ Peel - (301g) - Cucumber Whole, 7.5 oz
Sweet Potato-Generic - Baked Sweet Potato, 5.5 oz
Mission - *Flour Tortillas - Medium, Soft Taco, 0.25 tortilla (49g)
Sprouts - Unsalted Butter, 0.33 TBSP
Steak - New York Strip **Corrected**, 0.25 oz
Kraft - Mexican Blend Cheese, 0.03125 cup
Wilson Produce - Costco - Bell Peppers - Sweet Mini Peppers, 1 oz (3.5 pieces)
Generic - Romaine Lettuce , 1 cups
C & H - Pure Cane Sugar-Dark Brown, 1 teaspoon (4g)

Snacks
Pace - Medium Picante Sauce, 2 tbsp (30mL)
Act Ii - Microwave Popcorn - Butter Lover's 78 g Bag, 0.75 container (2.5 cup poppeds ea.)
Orange - Orange, 1 med
Generic - Dry Roasted Almonds, Unsalted, 22 Almond
Archer Farms - Organic Blue Corn Tortilla Chips, 15 chips (28g)

That's a lot of food! I should have had more protein than I did. My graph on *** showed I had 46% carbs, 11% protein, and 43% fat. This is my first week and I will find out sooner than later what will work for me. I am praying this plan works for me. Tomorrow is a DD day. I am going to stay under 500 cals for the day. Wish me luck!

BTW, does anyone see anything wrong with eating 1/4 oatmeal for breakfast and lunch then a protein shake for dinner? I would still be under the cals. Thoughts?

Thanks all!!
Old 01-28-2012, 04:58 AM   #43
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lorettahd
Stats: 218/176/145
WOE: HCG
Start Date: September 25, 2008 HCG 11/28/2009 P2R1 -17
Good Morning, my goodness that is a lot of food. If you can eat like that and still loose hell I'm jumping on this band wagon I hope your dd goes well, have a wonderful weekend.
lorettahd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 05:13 AM   #44
I'm his Princess

Gallery: Dedicated
Stats: Goal is a Healthy Weight!
WOE: Clean Eating!
Start Date: Everyday!
Go Marl!!!!
Dedicated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 06:06 AM   #45

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186.6/169-mini goal
WOE: very low carb
Hey Marl, it's amazing you can eat that well and still lose weight! You're doing so well!!

Last edited by shari; 01-28-2012 at 06:07 AM..
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 06:43 AM   #46
Tyl

Nothing wrong w ur dd plan as long as u are satisfied!
Old 01-28-2012, 02:38 PM   #47

Sup Peeps!!!

Yeah all that food and I still managed to lose .5 pounds today!! I am going to try and not weigh again until Wednesday which marks 1 week on the plan.

Best wishes to all!! Enjoy your weekends!
Old 01-28-2012, 02:39 PM   #48

Oh and BTW, my DD day is going well. So far I have had my first serving of oatmeal and cup of coffee. Off to drink some water!
Old 01-28-2012, 03:33 PM   #49
Major LCF Poster!

Good evening,

I love my oatmeal but I have found that I can do 1/4c with cinnamon and splenda on my dd and be satisfied and its only 75c. I use those shartaki noddles and add tuna or scallops to it and add molly mcbutter or cheese sprinkles and it fills me up at only 140-160 calories. Then maybe a lean cusine meal or one day I took some country style ribs and cabbage and portioned it out to 200c. There are plenty of ways to eat well on dd and I am just as full on them as I am on ud. I also love Zumba I do it 2x's a week along with weight lifting and it does not mater if its an ud or dd i still have enough energy. I bought me another heart rate monitor b/c my other one bit the dust so I can get a more accurate calorie burn. Well good luck and can't wait to see what your progress will be.

kj
Old 01-28-2012, 03:57 PM   #50

Quote:
Good evening,

I love my oatmeal but I have found that I can do 1/4c with cinnamon and splenda on my dd and be satisfied and its only 75c. I use those shartaki noddles and add tuna or scallops to it and add molly mcbutter or cheese sprinkles and it fills me up at only 140-160 calories. Then maybe a lean cusine meal or one day I took some country style ribs and cabbage and portioned it out to 200c. There are plenty of ways to eat well on dd and I am just as full on them as I am on ud. I also love Zumba I do it 2x's a week along with weight lifting and it does not mater if its an ud or dd i still have enough energy. I bought me another heart rate monitor b/c my other one bit the dust so I can get a more accurate calorie burn. Well good luck and can't wait to see what your progress will be.

kj
Hey Karen!!

I love Zumba!! Last year I was on it hard! I was doing it 4 times a week. Two free sessions at the library, one paid Sunday session and then I would do Zumba on my Wii or use the dvd's I have. I was also lifting weights on 3 off days. I just got off track when they holidays arrived and I am working my way back to the classes. Its hard to get going again after sitting out on my workouts for 3 months. I knows shame on me but there is nothing to it but to do it. Since the beginning of the year I was struggling with trying to get back on LC but that was a bust. And they changed the times and the instructor for the Zumba. Now i will have to make sure I leave 5 mins early to pick my son up from school. Now that I have found JUDDD I want to get back into my workouts to maximize my progress. So next Tuesday I will be back in class. I am making a promise here to hold me accountable otherwise I may find that another week has passed and I still didn't make my way back to Zumba. Now that I have given you an eye full...thank you for sharing your experience with me! Best wishes to you as well!!
Old 01-28-2012, 05:49 PM   #51
Major LCF Poster!

You can do it I had joint pain that the doctors could not figure out. After 1 year of not exercising and gaining over 40lbs back I said enough is enough. I said I am taking my health in my own hands and I worked through the pain and got 85% of my stamina back. Its hard and sometimes painfull but in the end no one care more about you then you.

kj
Old 01-28-2012, 09:05 PM   #52

Quote:
Nothing wrong w ur dd plan as long as u are satisfied!
I am trying girl...its def a task! I drank some veg broth today. It was ok...I wish I had chix flavor though. lol I think next week I am going to make one of those recipes I saw peeps raving about. Its the cabbage, meat and LC cheese. I can graze on it all day as the hunger sets in.

Last edited by s1mon3; 01-28-2012 at 09:10 PM..
Old 01-28-2012, 09:09 PM   #53

Quote:
You can do it I had joint pain that the doctors could not figure out. After 1 year of not exercising and gaining over 40lbs back I said enough is enough. I said I am taking my health in my own hands and I worked through the pain and got 85% of my stamina back. Its hard and sometimes painfull but in the end no one care more about you then you.

kj
Exercise is more effective than drugs in remedying pains in the body! Since I began working out and losing more weight my knee pain has subsided. Good for you in taking a stand and winning back control over your health!
Old 01-28-2012, 09:10 PM   #54
Tyl

Quote:
I am trying girl...its def a task! I think next week I am going to make one of those recipes I saw peeps raving about. Its the cabbage, meat and LC cheese. I can graze on it all day as the hunger sets in.
I still haven't tried that! Let me know how u like it!
Old 01-28-2012, 09:12 PM   #55

Will do! Monday will be the day.
Old 01-28-2012, 09:14 PM   #56
Tyl

We r on opposite schedules! Tom is a DD for me
Old 01-28-2012, 09:15 PM   #57

Quote:
We r on opposite schedules! Tom is a DD for me
I know...I should have coordinated with you.
Old 01-28-2012, 09:17 PM   #58
Tyl

Quote:
I know...I should have coordinated with you.
Its cool overtime we will end up on the same schedule!
Old 01-28-2012, 09:20 PM   #59

Quote:
Its cool overtime we will end up on the same schedule!
Right...I know there will come a day when I will have to incorporate one of those FDs or MDs.
Old 01-29-2012, 09:42 AM   #60

Woot!!!

I said I wasn't going to weigh again until Wednesday but I as always I am a slave to the scale!! Anyway, I'm just driving by real quick before church to say I weighed in this morning at 177.5!!! To freakin stoked!!! Thank you Jesus!! Now let me go finish getting my praise on!! Going to enjoy my UD today also!! Looking forward to eating some good food!!!

Have a good day people!