LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2012, 08:53 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Lildrew
Stats: 171.4/162/140
WOE: hHcg/later LC
Start Date: 7/16/12; 8/1/14
Let's Talk about Me. =)

I have been wanting to blog again for awhile purely about my weight loss and hHCG.

I am so grateful about finding hHCG!!! I am exactly 17.2 lbs from my ultimate goal. I haven't been this thin in more years than I can count. In fact I can't really remember...I think it was about 14 years ago.

Did I mention I hHcg.
Lildrew is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2012, 09:04 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Is it just me or is shopping a lesson in torture when you are on P2? I swear I could smell every grain of sugar and flour in that place! Could also be because of TOM...or I could just be obsessive. Not really helping that I am watching Julie Julia...again. I adore Paul and Julia Child's story. Sigh...true love!
Old 01-23-2012, 09:45 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misslatte
Stats: 5'11" - 260/~175
Hope you get to goal quick!! HCG will definitely help

I love that movie - I can watch it over and over and over

Hope you don't mind I stopped in to say hi! Do you have any specific rewards for your goal? I'm getting close too - can't wait!
misslatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 02:26 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Misslatte!!!! Stop by and comment anytime!!

I just realized that I am going to have to put off finishing My Life in France by Julia Childs for now. I am about half way through, but there is just too many descriptions of yummy food and on P2...wellllll, it's not a good idea.

I just ate at least five bites of Specialities Cookies (out here they are out of this world cookies!!!) I have no idea how many calories that way. It just reminds me that I CAN'T wait for P4 when I can have little indulgences like that and not crash and burn. Oh well, live and learn.

My HCG Journal
Old 01-24-2012, 01:41 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

I really want to kick Splenda out of my life!! But I don't think it will be possible until I am out of P3. I don't think I could get through P2 without my coffee. I cut out the diet coke and I refuse to drink just water. Stubborn, ain't I????
Old 01-24-2012, 01:56 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

I have to say that I am feeling much more IN THE GAME today. After hearing how great Michelle/Shelby is doing, it kind of lit my fire.

You know what I realized and probably need to keep reminding myself? I can totally do this!!!! I need to keep focusing on the goal and realizing that my success is up to me. I didn't start out losing weight for anyone else and I won't be keeping it off for anyone else.

I have to focus on the goals I make and enjoy EVERY moment!!!!
Old 01-24-2012, 04:08 PM   #7
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/136/129-131
Yes, you can totally DO THIS, because you ARE doing it .
Cruzcrzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:30 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Marie!!
Old 01-26-2012, 07:36 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

It's kind of scary to me how much I am emotionally attached to food. By that I mean how much my first instinct is to go to food when I am feeling an uncomfortable emotion. I had a bit of an emotional breakdown in the car at the grocery store (long story ) and I kept thinking of all the things I could eat that would make me feel better, and how easy it would be for me to get it all. I didn't eat off protocol, but it struck me how easily my head went there.

I want this weight off and I want it to STAY off!! I have to do some interspection to make sure I don't fall back into my emotional eating. I have come so far and don't want to go back.
Old 02-02-2012, 10:24 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hcground1
Stats: 137.8/118/118.8 5'6"
WOE: hhcg R3/P3/D22
Start Date: Jan 29, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lildrew View Post
It's kind of scary to me how much I am emotionally attached to food. By that I mean how much my first instinct is to go to food when I am feeling an uncomfortable emotion. I had a bit of an emotional breakdown in the car at the grocery store (long story ) and I kept thinking of all the things I could eat that would make me feel better, and how easy it would be for me to get it all. I didn't eat off protocol, but it struck me how easily my head went there.

I want this weight off and I want it to STAY off!! I have to do some interspection to make sure I don't fall back into my emotional eating. I have come so far and don't want to go back.
Oh my goodness, this totally spoke to me. My sister and I had this exact conversation last weekend about how it's our number one comfort when we're feeling down or even bored. Eating! I think this is my weakness as well, probably the ONLY reason I have gained weight. If you find the cure, let me know. ;D We can make a change though, and if we want to live long and healthy lives we must. I know my health has suffered for my lack of self control and unhealthy ways of dealing with my emotions. We're losing the weight, let's loose the bad habits as well!
Old 02-02-2012, 11:05 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Hey! How are you doin lady?
Old 02-02-2012, 04:04 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by misslatte View Post
Hey! How are you doin lady?
I am hanging in there! I was waffling on P2 again. Not eating off P2, but thinking about it...ALOT and then I saw Shelbyla's awesome before and after pics and that got me right back on track. She SOOO inspires me!!! I WILL keep trudging along until I get the last 17lbs off. My goal is to get to 140, then I will do FULL P3 and P4. I can't wait to try some recipes I got from Maria's Nutricious and Delicious Journal ( you can google it) that are low carb/glutten free baking ideas. I am really looking foward to experimenting in P4. I love to bake.

Anyway, thanks for asking! I am doing really good!
Old 02-02-2012, 04:14 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcground1 View Post
Oh my goodness, this totally spoke to me. My sister and I had this exact conversation last weekend about how it's our number one comfort when we're feeling down or even bored. Eating! I think this is my weakness as well, probably the ONLY reason I have gained weight. If you find the cure, let me know. ;D We can make a change though, and if we want to live long and healthy lives we must. I know my health has suffered for my lack of self control and unhealthy ways of dealing with my emotions. We're losing the weight, let's loose the bad habits as well!
OH, how I wish there was a cure!! We have to make life changes. It's funny, with the weight off, I feel SO much better about myself. It's like I finally have a vested interested in doing everything I can to keep this feeling going. Hopefully that will help me for rest of my life.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:14 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

I want to keep this handy so I can remind myself. It takes time and FOCUS!!

Old 02-06-2012, 04:38 PM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

It is really mind boggling to me how hard it is to say focused this round. I am SO close, but so tired of being on P2. Well, it's about as hard as it was last P2 and I didn't last long. I am trying really hard to stay inspired and get down at least to 145 lbs, but I really would like to have nice cooshy window of five lbs. Maybe that isn't wise, but it sure would be nice. And it's not that I am hungry, since the hHCG really does it's job, but it's wanting to have normal food in normal amounts! Plus, there is the excitment of trying of new recipes that I have found, that I can't implement yet. I am pinning a whole bunch of recipes to Pinterest. I can't wait to get started!!

So, for inspiration...the reasons to keep losing, to be reviewed in desperation!

1. I want to friggin weigh in the 140s!!! lol
2. Two lovely pencil skirt I bought from Pinup Girl Clothing don't quite fit yet.
3. I don't feel like I am quite "there" yet.
4. I don't want my weigh to get the best of me.
5. I can friggin do this!!
Old 02-14-2012, 12:12 PM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Okay, I admit it, I'm frustrated. I have been at 153.8 for FIVE days!! I soooo hoping to get to the 140s by my birthday on Friday. Plus, being stalled just sucks. At this point I am not going to do an Apple Day because I know from P&I that ADs are just for psychological reasons.

I hope I have a whoosh soon. I will probably have it just in time for my outing on Sunday (Scandia Park), and I will gain all my whoosh back. Argh!!!!

On the bright side, I have been reading Maria Emmerich's Secrets to a Healthy Metabolism and getting very excited about integrating some great low carb and healthy eating into my life long term. I love that she so many options for baking and bready things that are make from almond and coconut flours. I can't wait to start experimenting. I took part in a class she did on Sunday through Webex and it was VERY informative! So many things I didn't know. Knowledge is power!
Old 02-14-2012, 12:31 PM   #17
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Hiya, Drew! You're doing just great--I wish I weighed 153.8! Just hang in there--it will come.
verbqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 01:42 PM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Any updates for us?

Hope you had a nice birthday!!

Ooh you did Maria's class? I saw her email/blog about that, I really like what I've seen of hers so far.

Hope you're doing well.
Old 02-22-2012, 03:14 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ellenalesa
Stats: 190?/177/160ish
WOE: Starting HHCG Rogue 7/12/11
Start Date: July 12, 2011
Hi Lildrew,

You are doing so well, congratulations! I really enjoyed reading your journal, and I especially liked the graph. I started at 191, loaded up to 193.5, had a crappy round (TOM started 4 days in) so I am back at VLCD1 after a 2 day load.

I had gotten down to 174 doing Atkins and maintained within a 5-10 pound window, and then slipped back up to the 190s a few weeks ago. My clothes got so tight I thought it was TOM...sadly, it wasn't; it was just fat! Back on hhcg!

Do you have another journal? Are you doing hhcg or RX? Did you stay on protocol?

I am shooting for the 500 cals but will allow myself 800 if I need it.

My pipe dream goal is 130. For this round I want to get back down to 177ish, do a nice P3 and then get into the 60s.

Thanks for posting, it is so helpful to see those who have gone before us and had success!
ellenalesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:46 PM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Hi!! I am back. I had a really nice birthday. It wasn't quite what I planned, but it turned out better than anything I had put together. Two of my girlfriends couldn't make it, so it ended up being my best friend, her husband and their two boys. We spent the day at Scandia playing mini-golf, go-karts, laser tag (which I LOVED) and played arcade games. After that, we said adios to the boys and went to JCPennys and Sephora where I proceeded to spend too much money! Then we had dinner at Chilis and needless to say I didn't not stay on Protocol. But it was worth it.

I am back on track and down to 152.8 as of this morning. I was down to 152 last Thursday, so it was SUPER nice to get out of that stall. I am hoping and praying I don't have another one. I am SOOO ready to be off P2 and start the rest of my life, ya know?!

Hi, ellenalesa!! I LOVE Maria Emmerich! I am taking another class of hers online on March 11th. I am learning SO much! I intended to live my life LC and I am thrilled that there is so much information out there that is going to help me be healthy!! I have another blog/journal that is not on this forum. I don't talk about hHCG on there at all, but more my life and my obsession with retro, clothes and fashion.

Anyway, I am back and on a roll.
Old 03-04-2012, 04:00 PM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

I am totally back on track and have my head in the game so to speak. I am still taking it one day at a time, but I am much more focused on what I want. The plan at this point is for me to stop P2 on March 18th, so as of today I have 14 days left on P2. I am so glad I decided to stick with it and continue on.

I didn't like the idea that I let my issues beat me. Watching HCG vloggers on youtube has really helped me focus, although I was surprised by all the misinformation people pass around on there, for example, doing apple days as corrections days on P2. I am so glad I have the resource of this forum to remind me what protocol actually is!!

I am so excited to be as much weight off as I can before the 18th. It has also helped me to start branching out on my meal plan. I am a creature of habit and have had P2 Chili for weeks on end for lunch. After watching Skinnnb on youtube I started making her tacos and LOVED them. It's really helped my enthusiasm to have something different to look forward to.

I have also been doing a great deal of research of eating organic (Maria Emmerich has helped with that!) and I can't wait to start implimenting more organic foods and baking with coconut/almond flour! It's such a relief that we have so many options for living a low carb life!

I can't wait to make her donuts recipe!!
Old 03-13-2012, 04:52 PM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

I just wanted to check in. I am doing really well! I am now in the 140s and am so glad that I stuck with P2 and didn't let my head games defeat me! If everything goes to plan my LDW should be under 149 and that will make me very happy for maintenance purposes.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited to be where I wanted to be and to almost be done with P2!!! I can honestly say I stuck with it, overcame my own head games and am ready to live the rest of my life. I feel so much more in control of my life. How is that weight affects so much? I don't know if my being overweight was causing alot of my life issues, or were my life issues causing my weight gain? Around and around we go. Chicken or the egg?

Anyway, I am fully committed to keeping this weight off. I just have to make sure I stay that way!!
Old 03-13-2012, 04:53 PM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Once I am in P3 I am going to be blogging a lot more on my blogspot blog about my cooking and such, with pictures...maybe even some of me.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:17 PM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

hope you're doing well!
Old 04-05-2012, 10:22 AM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

I am so frustrated right now. I just can’t seem to stabilize in P3. I think I shot myself in the foot by taking in new things so quickly when I got to P3 and my body never had a chance to ease into P3 eating. I wanted so badly to try the recipes I had found made with Almond/Coconut Flour and start this new phase (no pun intended) of my life, that I wasn’t cautious about slowing introducing foods back in.

I think I kind of thought that once the weight was off, it would stay off as long as I didn’t overeat or go made for carbs, but that clearly hasn’t been the case. My LDW was 147.4 and as of today, I am 154.2.

It’s hard when things don’t go as you imagined it or dreamed about. I read all the great post from people that aren’t having any trouble stabilizing and here I am doing one CD after another with no stabilization. I think it would be easier to take in if I could figure out what I am doing wrong. I mean, I know what I did wrong at the beginning, but why isn’t my weight stabilizing after I have “fixed” it.

I am not giving up. I have to figure this out. I refuse to go back to being fat and I refuse to admit defeat. There has to be an answer….I just have to figure out what it is.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:28 AM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: adelinesdream
Stats: 300/170/155
WOE: low carb;hcg
Start Date: August 8, 2008
Hi Drew, I was reading a bit of your blog and this journal. I love the lessons you write about! I think we serve the same Master. I hope we can encourage one another on this journey. Hugs, Adeline

Exodus 3:7-8 "So I have come down to rescue them from the hand of the Egyptians (slavery to food) and to bring them up of that land into a good and spacious land. . . "
adelinesdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:55 AM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelinesdream View Post
Hi Drew, I was reading a bit of your blog and this journal. I love the lessons you write about! I think we serve the same Master. I hope we can encourage one another on this journey. Hugs, Adeline

Exodus 3:7-8 "So I have come down to rescue them from the hand of the Egyptians (slavery to food) and to bring them up of that land into a good and spacious land. . . "
Hi Adeline! I am so glad you are liking my blog. I am will be trying to write more, since I think it helps me to keep my head on straight!!

Have a great day!!
Old 04-19-2012, 09:09 AM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

I am back on P2. I got throught 3 weeks of P3 and about a week of P4, but just couldn't wait to get back on P2. I have had a horrible time stabilizing in P3 this time and seemed to gain every day. Having said that I should mention that I TOTALLY shot myself in the foot by introducing things like coconut flour, almond flour, sugar free chocolate and a bunch of dairy very quicky. While these in moderation might not affect some people, the flours in particular are not things I have ever eaten in the past and I think my body needs a gradual introduction, not a "how fast can I stuff my face" introduction.

I am realizing that I am one of those people, or have trained myself over the years to be one of those people, that has to have an eating plan. When I kind of shuffle from one idea ot the next, I tend to jump into a "cheating" mentality and it ends up being a free-for-all. Although I have to say that I noticed this was to a MUCH less degree than in the past, which is what made P3 so incredibly frustrating for me. I wasn't overeating, but I was gaining. I still have in my head the false premise of calories in and calories out, and when I was gaining I felt guilty even though I wasn't doing anything "wrong" (i.e. overeating), it was what I was eating.

In some (tiny ) ways I am glad it happened, because it opened my eyes to my own thinking. I need to work through my issues, so I will keep the weight off. There is NO way I want to go back to being fat and unhappy.

On another note, I went bridesmaid's dress shopping on Sunday! It was the first time in about 12-15 years that I wasn't the heaviest bridesmaid in the party. In fact, I actually heard, "Drew and I both wear the same size technically, but she's smaller than me, so she will probably have to have her dress altered". What??!?!? I can't tell you the leap my heart took at that. I mean...I see the changes in my body and love them, but it's a beautiful feeling when other acknowledge it, even without knowing it. I actually feel pretty good surrounded by all those awful mirror and unflattering lighting. That in and of itself, is a miracle and I am SO grateful that God brough hHCG into my life!!
Old 05-03-2012, 11:39 AM   #29
Major LCF Poster!

Sigh...I am about at the end of my rope. I keep hoping to get my head in a better place, but it's not there right now. I think this will be a short round for me (21-23 days). I hHCG, but I am SO done with P2.

I am so excited to get to P3 and do it right this time!

I have vague plans to do another plan to do another round in July before my trip to Hawaii. This will put my through P4 on that round before I leave. I think I need to keep my round short. If I do another, hopefully that will be my last!

SOOO ready to get on with the rest of my life!!
Old 07-17-2012, 07:56 PM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

Here I am again and OH, so happy to be here!! Okay, I am seriously not happy I gained some of my weight back, but I am happy that I have hHCG to use in getting it back off! For the last couple of weeks I have been thrashing around in my own head trying to figure out what to do. And then Monday morning, after weighing myself and seeing pictures from a BBQ I was at this weekend…BOOM, I had my answer and my drive to get the weight off.

Several months ago I got down to 147 for about 30 seconds and almost immediately started to sllloooowwwly gain some of the weight back. I settled in at 156 for quite some time, but again it slowly started to edge back and I found myself at 169.2.

I have been eating lowcarb, but too often would have cheat meals, which turned into a cheat day, which turned into cheat days. I had the totally wrong thought process.

So, here I am again! I am just thankful that I realized the state I was in before I gained even more weight back. I am in a wedding on August 25th and I leave for Maui on September 27th. My plan is to do P2 until September 5th. That will give me three solid weeks of P3 before I leave for Hawaii. I have no set weight loss in mind, because I just never know how much is going to come off. I am hoping for 20-30, but 30 might be a bit ambitious. At this point I plan to stick to STRICT P2 for those 39 days. My trip gives me a lot of incentive!!!

So anyway, that’s me up to date. I reserve the right to whine tomorrow, when I weigh in and measure myself after loading for two days!! Uggg. I hate to say it, but I am SICK of loading!!! I wish I could have the benefits of loading, but without the weight gain!!

So, here I go!!