Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2012, 06:09 PM   #1321
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
and support to Ang and Tini!!!! It is hard!

So I know I will butcher this saying. But I pull from this all the time. Sometimes life sux so bad. But what's the alternative?

"Life is hard.
Being fat is hard.
Losing weight is hard.
Choose your hard."

I have to remind myself all the time about this saying. Choose your hard. I wish we could just wave a magic wand and have instant motivation and stamina to withstand those first few days of blood sugar rollercoasters that go along with restarting LC.

I've re-started so many times. It's not even funny! So I share those pangs and doubts and feelings. I can so relate. But success is not doing everything all at once. And you and i have talked Ang about black and white.

To me, if it were me. I would just show up to the ball park every day. Nothing more. Nothing less. NO workouts. No big plans and rules and regulations. All you gotta do is show up for the show. Every day. Every day wake up and recommit that one day to make it a cheat free day. And then the second thing you do is EAT. Eat a lot! Eat fat!!! Eat good meats. Keep carbs low. That's it. Never NEVER let yourself get hungry in the early days. Do that until you have no desire to shove one more bite down your piehole! And you and i both know that comes!

The exercise can be Phase II or operation New Tini Ang or Tini-Ang. I will tell you that the Wizard of Onc tells me I have to exercise 3 hours per week to start. That's 30 minutes - 5 days a week. And walking the dog is his dream exercise as a starting point. So do that after you get the LC routine back!!

That's all. No more advice!!!

Hugs to you both!

10/20/07-314; 11/26/07-275 Surgery - Tot.Hyst.; 08/5/10-275.0; 09/1-271.8-(Started JUDDD); 10/2-260.4; 3/1/12-231.0lbs 5/25/12-227.2lbs; 8/19/12-222.8lbs
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. ~ Philippians 4:13
pooticus is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2012, 05:58 AM   #1322
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Hey Ang!!! Hope you are having a good weekend! Tony is dragging me on some 50 mile bike trial I am very nervous that my fat ass is going to burst those tires, LOL WIsh me luck, it was nice knowing you all!! LOL
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:40 AM   #1323
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
Start Date: January 19, 2011
janetsbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 03:32 AM   #1324

Ang!!! Where are you love???
Old 08-27-2012, 04:51 AM   #1325
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Doggygirl
Stats: 204/183.8/152
WOE: A72
Start Date: This time: 7/23/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by glamazon View Post
Big hugs, Amber! I liked what you said-- no starting over, just do it. I wish there was a low carb spa camp somewhere, lock ourselves in for a few months of pampering and low carb chefs and organized exercised lead by Juan. Maybe we should start one.
ME TOO!!!

Ang I can relate to all that you said about how it feels to be re-starting for the 9 billionth time, etc. Me too recently back here on this wagon. I guess i am finally working to accept that the alternatives just suck the big one so bad that working at low carb is just easier. In that "pick your hard" sort of way! (hi Pooti!!!)

Hope you are with us on this fine Monday!

That camping trip sounds wild. DH would have loved it for the sky gazing. I would NOT have loved it for the dirt in my cracks.

Any updated dress pictures on your web site??? Link???

to all the Glamorous Friends!

WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!

DG

Mini Goals:
#1: Weight 184
#2: Weight 179
#3: Weight 174
#4: Weight 169 (normal BMI)
#5: Weight 164
#6: Weight 159
#7: Weight 154
Doggygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 05:06 AM   #1326

Doggy- good to see you!!!! Glad you are back we are not restarters just continuing with our ups and downs!!!!
Old 08-27-2012, 07:19 AM   #1327
the condiment queen

Hi DG!

Hi Ang!!!

Hi Tini!!!

Ang, I hope I haven't pizzed you off with my choose your hard thing! I wasn't calling you fat, either. I was calling myself fat! Probably bad to do that too...

It's just a quote I use to help stop me from temptations.

Hope you had a great weekend and are doing well today!!!

Hugs hon! MUAH!
Old 08-27-2012, 07:35 AM   #1328
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: glamazon
Stats: 290/279/195 ** 6'2
WOE: Keto
Start Date: 5/25/2014
Don't be silly, Pooti! I love your posts! You're right! And you can call me fat if you like, because I am! I am trying to retrain my psyche to accept my fatness and love myself and not body shame and not be too embarassed to go out and do fun stuff because I'm a huge blubbery whale. Huge blubbery whales need to get out and have fun, too! I am trying to not allow society pressure to make me hate myself for being fat. I don't want to hate myself for being fat. Yes, I'm fat. SO WHAT? Do I want to change it? Do I want to be thin again? Do I want to be healthy and have more energy and do more stuff? Oh, hell yes. But in the meantime, I'm still not the skinny ass I use to be, and I have to get over it and enjoy my life. And it is hard. This is the hard that I'm choosing. It is hard to not look in the mirror and be overwhelmed with grief and shame that I don't look like a supermodel anymore. AT ALL. Never will again. I have to face it, own it, accept it, and not allow it to ruin my day or hold me back from doing something fun. So far this summer we have had a really great time! We camped and went to company events and met up with old friends and did all kinds of things instead of sitting around at home. I'm proud.

Shoot, life is so short. I feel like I just got married, but that was 17 years ago. I feel like I just had my baby, but that was almost 9 years ago. Heck, I feel like I just left college, BUT THAT WAS 22 YEARS AGO. Life is whooshing by and I was missing it. Because I got fat. Dammit.

Anyway, I'm here, and retraining my brain. That's my hard!

Do-Over Divas
Photos of My Low Carb Meals
glamazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:39 AM   #1329
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

(good morning hugs to Martini, Seabreezes, Janet, Amber, DG and Pooti! xoxoxox Wanna cuppa coffee?)

Last edited by glamazon; 08-27-2012 at 07:41 AM..
Old 08-27-2012, 07:40 AM   #1330
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Would love a cuppa
Old 08-27-2012, 07:42 AM   #1331
the condiment queen

Ang what an exultant post!!! You GO GIRL!!!! YOU ROCK!

Seriously! I'm so happy to read your post and the success you have over the head games! That's HUGE.

I can so relate to everything you wrote. You know, I kinda reached that same conclusion after the cancer. I was like, dang. My days may be numbered now. I may have less than 5 years on this earth. I will be damned if I'm gonna sit by and let myself of society dictate how I will enjoy life and what I will allow myself to do - simply cuz I am fat and have sucky ugly, batwing arms from hell - or cottage cheese thighs and a wide ass or a poochy tummy with an ugly droopy roll under it!

Too bad. If you don't like the way I look, look away and quite staring you damn dirty ape!

It's kinda been my mantra. TAWANDA! Take no prisoners, I'm older and have more insurance! haha!

I'm so happy for you. You really sound like your head is on straight and set for success!!! Life is hard. Life is short. Live it to the fullest and thrive. THRIVE! That's my new word. THRIVE!

Love ya girl!
Old 08-27-2012, 07:42 AM   #1332
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

*pours Janet a nice steaming cup of French Roast freshly ground for my French press. The aroma is knee weakening.
Old 08-27-2012, 07:44 AM   #1333
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hee hee Pooti, you have helped ushur me along into the TAWANDA mindset. I'm older and have lots of insurance, too!!
Old 08-27-2012, 07:45 AM   #1334
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: Twoterville/1st. Goal - ONEderland!
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Everyday!
I'm sorry I am not a regular poster but I check in on you from time to time cuz' I like you. I read this once and it helped me alot. The mind is a wonderful servant but a terrible master. I know that if your beautiful spirit mastered your mind you would see yourself in such a different way. You are a Glamazon and NOT a Flabazon. You have done so many amazing things this past summer so hold tight to those things and continue with your bad self and be the best Angela you can be, for YOU and you alone.

Old 08-27-2012, 08:06 AM   #1335
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Doggygirl
Stats: 204/183.8/152
WOE: A72
Start Date: This time: 7/23/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Doggy- good to see you!!!! Glad you are back we are not restarters just continuing with our ups and downs!!!!
Indeed!

Ang, I love your post about living life to the fullest and not allowing our body images to stop us from getting the very most out of TODAY. It sounds like your summer was so awesome and I need to make sure I am making the most of each day too.

No stinkin' thinkin' for us today, right? Just for ourselves and each other! (was that an inappropriate use of a special code????)

DG
Doggygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:42 AM   #1336
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ceecee08
Stats: 292.6/284.7/170 5'9
Start Date: Restart 1/4/2013
MAWNIN ANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am dragging.... but back on plan. Life is starting to get back to normal

TINI
ceecee08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:59 AM   #1337
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Quote:
Don't be silly, Pooti! I love your posts! You're right! And you can call me fat if you like, because I am! I am trying to retrain my psyche to accept my fatness and love myself and not body shame and not be too embarassed to go out and do fun stuff because I'm a huge blubbery whale. Huge blubbery whales need to get out and have fun, too! I am trying to not allow society pressure to make me hate myself for being fat. I don't want to hate myself for being fat. Yes, I'm fat. SO WHAT? Do I want to change it? Do I want to be thin again? Do I want to be healthy and have more energy and do more stuff? Oh, hell yes. But in the meantime, I'm still not the skinny ass I use to be, and I have to get over it and enjoy my life. And it is hard. This is the hard that I'm choosing. It is hard to not look in the mirror and be overwhelmed with grief and shame that I don't look like a supermodel anymore. AT ALL. Never will again. I have to face it, own it, accept it, and not allow it to ruin my day or hold me back from doing something fun. So far this summer we have had a really great time! We camped and went to company events and met up with old friends and did all kinds of things instead of sitting around at home. I'm proud.

Shoot, life is so short. I feel like I just got married, but that was 17 years ago. I feel like I just had my baby, but that was almost 9 years ago. Heck, I feel like I just left college, BUT THAT WAS 22 YEARS AGO. Life is whooshing by and I was missing it. Because I got fat. Dammit.

Anyway, I'm here, and retraining my brain. That's my hard!
I can relate to this SO much. I finally chose to live my life, to accept my body the way it is, and to love it. I am realizing that until I was able to do that I wasn't able to stay on track with this journey. Seems like sort of backwards thinking, but accepting how I am at this moment has totally enabled me to endure the experience and stick with it through all the highs & lows. The best part about it is that while I may be big, I am enjoying my life, loving my family, my husband, and learning and experiencing fun and new things. No more sitting on the sidelines, I refuse. You are so worth the acceptance, Angela. When I see you, or any of the other ladies on this board that I've had the priviledge of befriending, I don't see weight AT ALL. With you all I see are smarts, humor, wit, talent, fun, and adventure!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:00 AM   #1338
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Beautiful posts ladies
Old 08-27-2012, 10:30 AM   #1339
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Quote:
(good morning hugs to Martini, Seabreezes, Janet, Amber, DG and Pooti! xoxoxox Wanna cuppa coffee?)

When I see you, or any of the other ladies on this board that I've had the priviledge of befriending, I don't see weight AT ALL. With you all I see are smarts, humor, wit, talent, fun, and adventure.

Wonderful statement

I would love a cuppa - especially made by you!

We are back in Hawaii after 2 busy weeks in California. However, it is very overcast this morning. I am back to my therapy appointments today. I was watching some stand up surfers in front of the house yesterday and thought of your husband. You will have to get here one of these days! I had lunch with 2 different friends I have made through LCF while in CA. One I have met up with several times, the other is a new friend. The new friend is one of my JUDDD BUDDD's if anyone follows the JUDDD posts. There is even a picture of us. I look different as I had to cut my hair quite short and can't curl it!

Have a great day - enjoy every moment. As Pooti says, life can be very short. Health is the real issue here, not size.

Hugs to ALL
Old 08-27-2012, 11:32 AM   #1340
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Izzysdream
Stats: 219/142/145 (5'7") age 56
WOE: HCG vlcd 1 April 2, 2014
Start Date: April 1, 2006
Quote:
It is hard to not look in the mirror and be overwhelmed with grief and shame

Last edited by Izzysdream; 08-27-2012 at 11:34 AM..
Izzysdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:55 AM   #1341

Love it all!!!
Old 08-28-2012, 09:17 AM   #1342
Major LCF Poster!

Hope your day is productive.

Hugs
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:54 AM   #1343

Have a good day Ang!
Old 08-29-2012, 06:52 AM   #1344
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Martini72
Stats: ut ohh/aww shucks/wow
WOE: low carbs
Start Date: September 201o
WOW he gets home at 2??? I would love to be home from work that early everyday!!! But I'm a sleep ho. So that aint gon happen. Anywho.....

MUSHY LOVE MY GIRLS MOMENT!!! (Avert your eyes!!!)

Soooo I've been off this board dang near a month getting fatter by the day. Glammy gets back...we get to logging back in, all our LC buddies are here... They send secret messages and support like this isnt the 2,000th time we have restarted. And not just some raggedy azz "u can do it" ...They write big ole fact filled encouragement. Wouldn't u know it...The fat starts coming off again!!!

YOU GIRLS ARE MAGICAL!!! I mean how dumb am I to leave?

THANKS YOU HAIRY HEFFIERS!!! <<we can wear a little green bow in our hair at our big meeting one day!!!

I You All!!! Not just Glamisha!!! REALLY!!!!

To all the people who read our lovely journal and never say squat??? I was once like you. So say something already...we can seeee you!!!
Martini72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:58 AM   #1345

Martini- find a girl to thread your face OMG it is amazing I am being careful to not shave and I am having so much less hair and Tony likes not feeling my razor stubble, LOL It is the best thing it hurts like a mo fo but it totally worth it!

When we stray from the board we gain weight easy as that!!!!

Accountability is key!!! At least for me!
Old 08-29-2012, 01:09 PM   #1346
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ceecee08
Stats: 292.6/284.7/170 5'9
Start Date: Restart 1/4/2013
YES!!! ACCOUNTABILITY!!!!!!!!!
ceecee08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:31 PM   #1347

Ang didnt have her check in yet, Angela when is the time you allow yourself to check in here???
Old 08-29-2012, 03:23 PM   #1348
Major LCF Poster!

Just back from the pain management doctor and physical therapy. i need the pain doctor after that!! things are getting better, though. I saw my ortho doctor yesterday and will still need more surgery before all is said and done he said -
ugh!

I put on pants today - the leg brace is gone YAY, but they are really loose. I have lost about 18 pounds since all of this started. Not a good way to lose weight, but I will take it!

Hope Tony's test is OK. My hubby has to have it done again as it has been 5 years since the last one.

Hugs to ALL
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:44 PM   #1349

Gallery: kittycitygirl
Stats: High:215; current 168
WOE: Low Carb: my way;)
Start Date: April 3, 2010
I've been stupid.....mushy lovin my girls moment for sure Tini.......group hug!

All I had to do was come here to my smart friends! So much wisdom here on this one page! Wowzers!

Agree...spent too many years...decades....not doing bc I was "fat"......WT?........why did I leave that notion rule my life! Grrrrrrr.....mad now! Yes, I got fluffy, plump, pudgy, womanly, chubby, big, fat.......but......I was still me! I should not have let it hold me back! By allowing it to do that, I also allowed the weight to have control and grow! Yikes! The less I did, the more I gained...depression set in over and over... The who cares, why nots.....

No more! Stop!

Be the best we can be is the way! Don't wait or the perfect weight, moment, etc. do what we want! Be who we are!

Tawanda!

Had a birthday, vacation, birthday, cough, choke down, vomit start again, resemble starving model going down on bakery with no purge moment....heck...moment??? Month!

I think I have it out of system....almost......I'm back and hoping my girlies are too! I needs ya! Wahhhhhhh!
Old 08-29-2012, 06:36 PM   #1350
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagieDen View Post
I'm sorry I am not a regular poster but I check in on you from time to time cuz' I like you. I read this once and it helped me alot. The mind is a wonderful servant but a terrible master. I know that if your beautiful spirit mastered your mind you would see yourself in such a different way. You are a Glamazon and NOT a Flabazon. You have done so many amazing things this past summer so hold tight to those things and continue with your bad self and be the best Angela you can be, for YOU and you alone.

So much