Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2012, 11:41 AM   #1291
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Martini72
Stats: ut ohh/aww shucks/wow
WOE: low carbs
Start Date: September 201o
LMAOOO!!! Yea I had some drinks...and a few chips!!! HOW DID POOTI KNOW!!! Glam is incoming!!! She is cleaning camp dust off the equipment and ready to roll. I'm here. Gotta refocus...yada yada yada.

Missed you guys!!!
Martini72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2012, 11:46 AM   #1292
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: glamazon
Stats: 290/279/195 ** 6'2
WOE: Keto
Start Date: 5/25/2014
heh heh heh you guys ARE JUST WHAT I NEEDED!! Love you all so much!

I am ready to be back. We just returned from a week camping on Mars. Well, kind of. Red dirt and rocks everwhere, and we had a damn good view of the real Mars, to boot. (I named a star after Martini-- the Martini Minorus, in honor of her getting smaller.) We were at a star party in the middle of freaking nowhere 5000 feet up, and the skies were so so gorgeous. Dirty through. So so so dirty. I'm still scrubbing dirt out of nooks and crannies I didn't know I had.

Anyway, won't talk about where the bodies are buried, I'm just glad to be back. Missed you!

Do-Over Divas
Photos of My Low Carb Meals
glamazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:47 AM   #1293
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Darn it, Martini beat me in. ADORE YOU MARTINI!!
Old 08-21-2012, 12:07 PM   #1294
Major LCF Poster!

:NO I ADORE U MORE!!!! OMG WE ARE SO ANNOYING!!! HAHHAHAHA!!!

Martini Minorus???? I'm so touched!!! TOUCH ME AGAIN!!! HAHAHHAHA!

Let's goooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! Let's kick off these cankles and find our ankles!!! 30 by Halloweeeen!!!!
Old 08-21-2012, 12:16 PM   #1295
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 19, 2011
Glad you both are back
janetsbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:52 PM   #1296
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
So nice to see you back! Missed you.

Hugs
Seabreezes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 05:34 PM   #1297
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: kittycitygirl
Stats: High:215; current 168
WOE: Low Carb: my way;)
Start Date: April 3, 2010
Ang!

Cankles! I feel them comin on here too! Afraid to wear my new ankle bracelet let's kick cankles to the curb!

You should come to our Mars!
kittycitygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 05:55 PM   #1298
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Izzysdream
Stats: 219/142/145 (5'7") age 56
WOE: HCG vlcd 1 April 2, 2014
Start Date: April 1, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by glamazon View Post
Hi Izzy! Glad to catch up with you. I have no idea what I'm looking at in your profile pic... are you standing on Cookie Monter's butt?
Great to see you again Angela! It's my feet catching the tide going out at Hollywood Beach. Strand of seaweed caught in the sand.
Izzysdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:27 AM   #1299
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

lol, Izzy-- it looks like you are standing on a blue fur butt... monitor colors!!

Good morning, Kitty! Are you getting ready for back-to-school? We don't know who our son's teacher is yet this year, they reveal the class lists at 'Lemonade in the Shade" next week-- a friendly get together for the families to meet the teachers and tour the classrooms and so on. I hope you have a stellar group of students this year!

How are you, Seabreezes? How are you healing and feeling? I hope you are improving and able to do all the things you love. Have a lovely day in gorgeous Hawaii!

I'm glad I'm back, too, Janet! I need some inspiration and you all are so inspiring.

Martini
Old 08-22-2012, 09:42 AM   #1300
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So, last night went to Costco and I am FULLY LOADED AND READY TO ROCK THIS THING. Meat, cheese and veggie galore. I bought some new stuff to keep it interesting, too-- tzatziki dip, wakame salad, weird green salsa, siracha sauce, nori snacks, unusual mustards, garlic clove stuffed green olives-- all kinds of interesting stuff to devour with meat and cheese. Also, pork rinds to make my Pooti Snacks. I may have that for lunch today! I might even eat them over the sink bachelor style!

I am ramping up my diet life to really start when my son goes back to school. Right now I am just concentrating on not being a big fat idiot and stuffing myself with foods I know make me fat and achy. Just low carb... no carb count, no calorie count, no feeding schedule, just low carb food down the hatch. It's my only goal at the moment and all I need to concentrate on.

Once I get that settled and reach my Nirvana Point of not being tempted by bready sugary things (Yes, I know I can reach that point, I have done it many times in the past-- I can do it again!) I am going to begin exercising in earnest. I have a lot of reasonable options at my fingertips (swimming, dog walking, rec center fitness and weight room, kettlebells, xbox kinect, hiking in my beautiful city (Portland has gorgeous wooded trails everywhere) I have so many options and my time will be my own. I need to make it a priority, and I need to enjoy what I'm doing. Active vs. Lazy has always been a serious issue for me, and I need to overcome it. I'm getting old, my clock is running out, and I have dreams and goals I need to reach. Lots to think about.

xoxoxoxox
Old 08-22-2012, 09:53 AM   #1301
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
I'm so glad you are back. You are so worth all the effort. You are amazing & wonderful, you deserve all the success that comes from this!

I struggle daily, but I keep trudging along like I know what I'm doing The only other option is to be bigger this same time next year and I REFUSE to let that happen.

Just hang on and keep walkin lady! We are all here with you!
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:54 AM   #1302

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Oh Angela I am so glad you are back! It is just not the same when you and Martini are away, could it be that everyone is back, where is Tig we need her? And I love the star naming!!! Martini that is good incentive you don't want to turn into Martini Maximus next year!!! LOL

Sounds like you had an awesome trip! I get the tzatziki dip at Costco it is pretty good, my big downfall has been hummus, small amounts is OK, but the whole container going down is not a good thing especially on pita chips LOL I gained so much weight over these vacations I drug my fat ass back to the gym like a wayward child, LOL Man I am all winded and lifting like a 90 year old woman, I need to get my groove back! Not smoking the damn kids, vacations, not working, I am so ready for a new routine, my life of leisure is coming to an end and thank goodness! I am blaming the weight on not smoking, but deep down it was letting up on exercise and shoveling in the carbage! So time to get it back under control!!!!

My incentive? A damn fine Wonder Woman costume to rock this year!!!! I have my fancy cape I can't be looking like jabba the hut in it! LOL
Old 08-22-2012, 12:06 PM   #1303
Major LCF Poster!

Oh yesss the beautiful cape!!! U shall look great in it!!! Today I want a chili dog. So that's what I had. Chili dog slop with coleslaw on top. Not a bun in sight! The guy who made it looked really dusty. Lil Pigpen...yet I let him make it. Had totell him how because the chick that normally does it was gone. So now to worry about dinner.

Glammiiiiiiikins!!!! You are full of goodies. I thiink I'll skip over to Costco and copy you!!!
Old 08-22-2012, 12:16 PM   #1304
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I have costco goodies out the yinyang, y'all! Lunch will be leftover chicken picked from the carcass chucked on top of lettuce. So fabulous, I know. FOOD OF THE LC GODS. Oh, and bacon. duh.

Amber, how is your cape holding up? The rhinestone nipples fall off yet? lol I am so ready for a new routine as well... two more weeks and I can make it permanent. When my kid is in school it's easier to make it all work around that time frame. Summer is just so loosey goosey, I'll be glad to have a schedule again. I have goals! I have pretty dresses to make and trails to hike!

Thanks, Danielle! You guys always know how to inspire me. XOXOX
Old 08-22-2012, 03:01 PM   #1305
Major LCF Poster!

I'm doing OK. We are in CA at the moment. Hubby has been overseeing some projects here. We go home on Sunday.

The brace should come off next week as the leg should be healed. The hand and arm are not doing what I would like them to do - very little movement. I exercise them like crazy every day and hubby acts as therapist with extra stretches I can't do. I'll go back to her on Monday.

I've actually lost weight during all of this by being very careful about what I eat - more calorie wise than anything else. Hubby cooks low carb so that is good, but a lot of our meals are eaten out as he is not fond of cooking. There is not an end to all of this for a while, either. other than that, I am great!

I'm sure things will be easier for you when school starts. Our summers were full of camping trips, too. There is only so much you can do food wise when outside all of the time.

Hugs
Old 08-22-2012, 03:24 PM   #1306

Seabreeze I know I hot 199 when I was all laid up cause I was extra careful to eat well to heal and not gain, then I start feeling good and eat everything not nailed down!!! LOL

Ang not one thing has fallen off the dape it is on a padded hanger in my wedding gown garment bag, LOL I figured the gown was more important than the gown, I hated that gown anyways, LOL I am going to be wearing it non stop the last 2 weeks of OCt I gotta get this weight off cause the crappy costume was tight last year, and my darn fat legs gotta fit in the hacked up boots, LOL
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:42 PM   #1307

The cape

Oh, I got to order boots! Thanks for he reminder!
Old 08-23-2012, 06:26 AM   #1308
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Can't wait to see the cape again this year!
Old 08-23-2012, 07:05 AM   #1309
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Me, too!

Good morning! Enjoying a cup of coffee before I tackle my pigsty house-- omgosh camping gear is still strewn everywhere and the floors are filthy from all the unloading. We bring a LOT of stuff camping-- not minimalists by a long shot. Then meeting friends at the zoo for no reason other than a bit of fun.

Weight still hovering around 280-- no glorious drop yet--- but really I'm not trying so hard. Eating too much, even if low carb, isn't doing me any favors. Working on that back to school target date!

Sometimes I feel like a reality show contestant:
"I will be the next American Idol!"
"I will be America's favorite dancer!"
"I will win the Amazing Race!"

... and then crash and burn almost immediately. Yup, happened a hundred times over the past decade with this Atkins thing-- big talk, big crash, start over again. What will make this time different? I don't have any answers right now. Maybe I never will. I'll just face the camera again and scream I AM THE NEXT AMERICAN NINJA WARRIOR and go for it, even if I crash and burn again. whatever.
Old 08-23-2012, 07:08 AM   #1310

Oh Ang I hear ya, this is a lifelong struggle with no end in sight !!! It is so maddening! I love American Ninja warrior, I would so love to try that obstacle course, LOL Of course none of the women faired to well but it would be fun to try!

Ang I fell flat in a sea of carbs and booze the last 2 months it is terrible I am so disgusted but the thing is I did it, so now all I can do is get back on track! It will be like this for life ups and downs there is no starting over it is just doing it and we can do it!
Old 08-23-2012, 07:15 AM   #1311
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Big hugs, Amber! I liked what you said-- no starting over, just do it. I wish there was a low carb spa camp somewhere, lock ourselves in for a few months of pampering and low carb chefs and organized exercised lead by Juan. Maybe we should start one.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:30 AM   #1312
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Exactly. You should start one. You and Amber.

I'd come!
Old 08-23-2012, 08:19 PM   #1313

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamazon View Post
Big hugs, Amber! I liked what you said-- no starting over, just do it. I wish there was a low carb spa camp somewhere, lock ourselves in for a few months of pampering and low carb chefs and organized exercised lead by Juan. Maybe we should start one.
Love it!
Old 08-24-2012, 08:47 AM   #1314
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning!

Trying to figure out how to jam exercise into my schedule. I know in my heart of hearts I will never go all the way on this weight loss journey without it. And not just a here and there half-assed sort of thing, I need something organized. regular. daily. easy. wanted. enjoyed. lifetime. More than just a leisurely dog walk. I have several enticing options, I have the time, now I just need to figure out what will work for me. I have never ever been anti-exercise, I was just unfortunately trapped under a serious blanket of laziness that made it so hard to just. go. do. it.

Here is a list of stuff I can do:

at home:
Kettlebells: Iron Core dvd; 5,10,15 & 20 pound kettlebells sitting right here.
Callanetics: 10 in 10 dvd

in my neighborhood:
dog walks, lovely nearby park
swimming: excellent nearby indoor pool I have a pass to use for lap or open swims
biking: nice quiet neighborhood w/ lovely park

In my town & neighboring areas:
parks and paths galore for biking and walking
heavily wooded trails for hiking
amazing downtown Portland and waterfront parks for walking
Oregon Zoo: awesome hilly walking. and awesome elephants. (have a pass, can go anytime)
Rec center gymnasium, fitness and weight rooms (same pass as for the swimming pool.)
rec center fitness classes (extra $$, but they have yoga and zumba and about 25 other fun options.)

soooooo hmmmmmmmmmm

Last edited by glamazon; 08-24-2012 at 08:49 AM..
Old 08-24-2012, 09:12 AM   #1315
Major LCF Poster!

They all sound delightful. Depending on weather, choose something different each day. As long as the weather is nice, go for outdoors and the do the indoor things when the sun is not shining. Just a suggestion!

Aloha and Hugs
Old 08-24-2012, 05:52 PM   #1316
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

A SPECIAL SUPER SECRET CODED MESSAGE FOR MARTINI:

Old 08-25-2012, 05:20 AM   #1317

Ang- with all that to do just make a goal of like 5 hours of exercise a week, and go and do those things, maybe hike for a few, or swim one day that is a lot to choose from! I know with the surgery and not exercising, and then pure laziness I can feel the not exericsing and I am sure it was a big part of gaining, I feel so much better after a week at the gym, I didnt lose a lot of weight, but I feel stronger if that makes sense, like think about getting older, we dont want to not be able to lift our fat butts, like I watch my Nan at almost 91 she is slowing down but she walked everywhere when she was younger and cleaned houses, she was afraid to drive, so she kept active and I think that is why she is fairing better than most her age, I wish she could do more now, but at 91 she is still trucking!!! I dont want to be stuck in a wheelchair I know that!
Old 08-25-2012, 08:23 AM   #1318
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ang - I am trying to crack your secret code to Martini really hard. I think I am close now ...
Is it this?

I'm soooo close now.
Old 08-25-2012, 08:46 AM   #1319
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Janet, you totally made me LOL for real. You are so close! I know it's a toughie. Ms. Martini really needs a few secret codes from everyone right now! Getting back on the wagon is super hard... this I know! Extra (whoops! I mean "secret codes") from people who really understand means a lot!

Amber, yep, That is a mighty good plan. I usually walk for about 30 minutes a day when my son is in school-- dog and I walk him there, then continue on around the neighborhood before going back home. That will start up again in a week, but I really want to do a little more. I will start small, though. Maybe just walking the first week, then add as I feel stronger and better. It really is for my health. I feel pretty crappy, and even crappier now that I'm fatter and older... and fresh clean lc foods and exercise and all my vitamins and supplements make me feel good. I don't know why it is so damn hard to just freaking do that. Mental blocks for no reason. Addiction is bad.

Aloha Seabreezes! I wish I was with you to go swim in the ocean every day. My husband is eyeing Stand Up Paddleboards, he wants to give that a try!
Old 08-25-2012, 10:21 AM   #1320
Major LCF Poster!

Aloha - yes stand up paddle boards are very popular. Coctco even sells them. Had some friends here who had lessons on them and loved it. Hubby used to surf all the time, but now the boards are on the wall over our bed. He keeps saying he should go out again, but age seems to be catching up to him, not to mention the extra time put in taking care of me these days.

If I get my leg brace off next week, I'm going to start driving again. That will be huge as he has to wait around forever at my therapy appointments.

Have a lovely weekend.

Hugs and for you too as well as Martini and all my other friends!