Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2012, 04:57 PM   #61
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: glamazon
Stats: 283/276.6/180 ** 6'2
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: 9/4/2012
I'm here! I have ten minutes before the Blazer game starts-- an early one in Houston. GO BLAZERS!! All the teams are just gassed with the tight schedules, so who knows what will happen?

Amber, yep, the next one is MINE. ALL MINE. Actually, I need a new Renaissance Gown, so I'll make that instead. I am drafting a pattern today, trying to figure out a 450 year old fashion history mystery. Ah well.

Thanks, Justice! WE ARE READY! Everyone is hoping for snow. Fun!

Thank you Thank you Thank you, Dani!!

Thanks Janet! Big Kiss!

Thanks, Kristi & Laura!

Diva, I have not attempted protein pancakes. I'm not a big fan of food that isn't actually food. Not that I won't give it a go one day-- but can't you just use real eggs? How about bean cake batter? hmmmmm bean cake pancakes. WOULD THAT WORK?? A mystery for another time, I suppose. I'm still too fat to be thinking of anything but getting to Onederland.

Speaking of which-- I broke that damn mini stall! It was almost an entire week at 248, and I was about to bust some snake heads to get rid of it. I will never ever be complacent with a stall again. One week, okay, on the second week, oh hell no! BADGERTIME! Anyway, 247.2 this morning. I was so happy to see that. I get so worried every time I see the same number for too long-- am I doing it wrong? Am I eating too much? Do I have carb creep? no, no, no, just need to chill and keep on truckin.

Flabazon to Glamazon
Photos of My Low Carb Meals

Last edited by glamazon; 01-14-2012 at 05:00 PM..
glamazon is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2012, 05:05 PM   #62
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: privatediva
Stats: 128 (R2ldw 128) 5'7"
WOE: healthful, delicious low carb
Start Date: 6/28/2011 (started HCG) maintaining since 9/2011
We do use real eggs in the batter...but it's the protein powder that is the "flour". The recipe actually calls for whey protein, but I like the egg white better, so we use half and half. I find that my maintenance words better if my fat and protein grams are balanced...and also, as the mom of a ballerina, we do fuss over calories a bit as well. If the pancakes are all protein, then I can "spend" my fat on something interesting. The beans would probably work fine...giving you a higher fiber, much lower protein product. It just depends on what your nutritional needs are really. We've made great almond flour pancakes...but they're much higher fat and lower protein, which is the opposite of what I want them to do in my diet

Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

I CAN HAVE THAT LATER
privatediva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 06:11 PM   #63
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ah, pancakes, how I loved thee. I feel an Opera coming on, Diva!
Old 01-14-2012, 06:31 PM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

Opera with butter and syrup...the best!
Old 01-14-2012, 08:30 PM   #65
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Weight:
-32.8 pounds from highest 280
67.2 pounds left to goal 180

Plan Today:
CAD/Atkins: Day 46
3 generous meals
No snacks
Plenty of water

Exercise:
PM dog walk: 10 minutes

Vitamins:
Rainbow Light Women’s One X1
Rainbow Light Cal/Mag X2
Nature Made B-Complex X1
NOW Amino Acids X4
Carlson’s Lemon Flavored Cod Liver Oil
Trader Joe’s Organic Virgin Coconut Oil ˝ tsp
Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinegar-2 tbsp
Ginko biloba X1
Resveratrol X1

Breakfast:
Black coffee (Freshly ground, French press, San Francisco Bay French Roast from Costco)
3 egg scramble in butter w/ leftover steak, orange pepper, green onion, mushrooms, Trader Joe’s Double Roasted Salsa, Daisy Sour Cream (YUM)

Lunch:
Seriously. Also, the last of my Queso Fresco and a few celery stalks.
Sometimes low carb eating is reeeeally weird. I ate it over the sink out of the tin like a bachelor trying to piss off his mom. It was just one of those days. I meant to make PootiSnacks (Sardines on Pork Rinds with yellow Mustard-- awesome. Totally awesome, amiright Pooti??) But the rinds were stale. yuck.

Dinner:
Enchilada Slop:
Ground beef (from Costco frozen chubs) fried up with onions and garlic, El Pato enchilada sauce, La Victoria mild green chiles, Lindsay sliced black olives, shredded Bandon medium cheddar cheese, Daisy Sour Cream

Here’s my favorite sauce—SUPER CHEAP (I think I paid $1.28) and the ingredient list is not an insult to my health. There’s actually food in that can. If you have these things in your cupboard, an onion, and meat from the freezer, you have a nice hot LC meal any ol’ time you need one. When I can afford more carbs I also add a can of corn, but for now, no corn.

Do I want my golden years to be stolen by degenerative frail health and immobility?
NO!

Do I remember that a simple planned camping trip “cheat” punted me into 3 months of struggling to get back on plan, feeling like crap, and regaining nearly all the pounds I just spent a whole year losing?
YES!

Am I fully aware that eating outside of my regular 3 meals will jeopardize everything I’m working towards? EVERYTHING. Family: I’ll be irritable. Business: I’ll be unproductive. Health: I’ll get fat and lazy again. Seriously. Don’t go there. Ever.
Yes!

Am I still damn mad, focused and determined to do what it takes to regain my Glamazon status?
HELL YES!

Notes:
I’m still steaming mad at those people in Jean’s life telling her she’s going to fail and not liking her new life style. I feel like ranting again, I need to calm the hell down.
They have angered the badger.

My Positive for the day:
Broke that damn mini-stall!

Successful Day Count:
46!

Last edited by glamazon; 01-14-2012 at 08:33 PM..
Old 01-14-2012, 09:20 PM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cara7166
Stats: 325/217/200 next goal!
WOE: Atkins for first 65 pounds, then HCG
Start Date: Nov 1, 2011
YAY! So glad you broke the mini stall! That is such a wonderful feeling. Enchilada slop? Mmmmm. Going to have to find that enchilada sauce.
cara7166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:50 PM   #67
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks, Cara! I'm pretty happy about it, too. The slop is an excellent pantry meal!
Old 01-15-2012, 06:20 AM   #68
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Ang- yeah you had a good rant for Jean, LOL I said well Ang said it best!! And the soy flour, it is always fun to awaken the badger, LOL

I love enchilada slop that is always a good meal!!! Sardines-yuck, I dont know why I like most fishes, sushi, but sardines I could never get a love on for, LOL Pickled herring at Costco in the jar? Tony eats that by the jars, little bit of sugar but that stuff is good!

Try those protein pancakes, they will not make you crave bread, they are not eggy, and they are not bready, but they are really good and they held me hours, I want them again, LOL I guess the cottage cheese just made them so delish, I love that stuff!
Ang- I forgot to say way to go on breaking the stall, you dont seem to get too nuts over the scale though, at least you dont show it! You are right though if the trap is shut nad you keep plugging it does break through!!!
Have a good Sunday, did you get snow?

Last edited by Bejewelme; 01-15-2012 at 07:08 AM..
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 06:30 AM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Justice
Stats: 202/180/135
WOE: Atkins influenced whole foods
Congratulations on breaking your stall, Angela. You are killing it! I am going to get back to posting daily in my journal. I am more focused when I come here daily. As always, your food looks delicious!

Just frozen ground for us this morning, still hoping for some good snow today!
Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 08:20 AM   #70

Gallery: kittycitygirl
Stats: 215/152.6/150 5'9"
WOE: Low Carb: my way;)
Start Date: April 3, 2010
You are so doing it girl! Mean girl works!!!

Rant for Jean? Missed that...have to reread. Is it here or elsewhere......

*Sending the PB bread to DS to try out. He loves PB sand.s and can't eat those very often now. I think he'll like this for it!
kittycitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 08:39 AM   #71
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: whipper75229
Stats: 189/165.6/145 5'3.25" Age 66
WOE: Diabetic - LOW CARB FOR LIFE!! A1C 5.6
Start Date: June 2010
Yea, Ang! Numbers are looking good!
whipper75229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 08:50 AM   #72
Senior LCF Member

Diva, I'm looking for that pancake recipe but not finding it. I want to make some later after I've lost more weight. Can you point me in the right direction? Thanks!
Old 01-15-2012, 09:15 AM   #73
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning, Ladies!

Kitty, it's over in Jean's journal. She mentioned that people close to her are hating her new WOE and keep telling her she's just going to fail again. ****, just thinking about it again is waking up the badger. WTH!! She is such a charming lady with a long weightloss road ahead of her, she has the attitude and the brains to get it done-- and they DARE to say one word against it? oooo just burns me up. YOU STAY STRONG, JEAN!

Thanks, Sandy! I think Diva posted the recipe a page or so back in this journal. If you try them, give us a review! I love recipe reviews.

Kitty, Hope DS loves the PBbread! Oh my goodness it makes me happy that I can have PB&J sandwiches again someday. I just love those. I can make my own genuine jam, too-- I know how! I am practically drooling with all the awesome low carb things I can eat when I am at goal!!! PB&J in the future!

Good Morning, Justice! We awoke to snow and my son is jazzed out of his brain! It's not going to stick around, but it sure is pretty! You really do need to post in yoru journal daily-- even if you mess up, you need to get right back in here and get moving on it again immediately. That is how Amber lost 150 pounds. She was no angel the whole time, BUT SHE WENT RIGHT BACK TO BUSINESS IMMEDIATELY, and told us all about it. She is a winner, and we all can be, too!

Thanks, Amber! Yeah, someone poked my badger, lol. I'm usually a very laid back person, live and let live, but that was just enraging. My stall broke even more today-- 246.4! I am just loving that the scale is ACTUALLY MOVING. I don't get all bent out of shape about the daily weighing, I'm a veteran for sure, I know the scale stalls and bounces quite naturally, it's just how it is. I have truly accepted that and I truly understand that. But, what I learned last year is to nwever accept a stall of more than two weeks. I have yet to have one-- my last few stalls lasted less thna a week and I didn't have to do anything to break them, but believe me, I am watching like a hawk and if any stall hangs around too long, it's BADGERTIME.

all of you!
Old 01-15-2012, 10:16 AM   #74

Posted a pic. of the toasted cheese experiment on your photos thread. Will report on what DS thinks

Saw your rant! Woohoo! Glad you are in my corner! LOL Getting prepared to rant like that to the computer people tomorrow when I "return" to deal with this crap!

A nice loss girl! You are going to the next decade!!!!
Old 01-15-2012, 10:21 AM   #75
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Don't I know it! When I make it to the 230's, IT WILL BE ALL VIRGIN WEIGHTLOSS. I haven't been able to make it past 240.00 in about 8 years. That will feel really good, and I am hungry for it! I am looking for those 230's like a badger hunting a snake!
Old 01-15-2012, 10:24 AM   #76
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Maryo
Stats: 220/127/120 5'5", 50+
WOE: Atkins/Primal
Start Date: March 2011 (restart)
Wow, I'm really late to this party. How did it get to 3 pages before I found it?

Angela, your pictures are making me hungry! That coconut slop looks soooo good. Does it taste as good as it looks?

8 years? Huh. That's nothing for a honey badger. You'll be in the 230's before that snake knows what's happening.
Maryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 12:03 PM   #77

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Oh Ang that is so exciting, I cant wait for you to get there!!! 8 years is a long time!!!! You are going to be looking fine girl!! All that height on you!!! Look out OR, there is a smoking babe in town!!!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 12:13 PM   #78
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

heh heh heh Thanks Amber! I'm gunning for them, I am focused and wanting it! Nothing is going to blow it for me.

Ha ha Maryo! We are a gabby bunch, loads of blah blah blah and I love every word of it! Shoot, luckily it's not as fast as the Honey Badger thread, I leave for the loo for 3 minutes and I come back to 10 new pages. Sheesh!

The coconut gunk was awesome, once I added a little sweetener to cut the yogurty sour. I just don't like that, but I like the health benefits of the yogurt-- the little bit of sweet helped so much, and didn't make me crazy. There will be more yogurt in my suture, as it didn't stall me or make me insane for more. When I am at goal, I will be eating that with berries ALL THE TIME! Yum!
Old 01-15-2012, 01:25 PM   #79
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: helpingrachel
Stats: 167/ 162.4/140 5ft 8
WOE: NK
Quote:
Originally Posted by glamazon View Post
Don't I know it! When I make it to the 230's, IT WILL BE ALL VIRGIN WEIGHTLOSS. I haven't been able to make it past 240.00 in about 8 years. That will feel really good, and I am hungry for it! I am looking for those 230's like a badger hunting a snake!
I so believe in you and that you will make it! Steady as she goes is your mantra. I love seeing you stay on track and share your daily food pictures. Like I said, you were the reason my daughter jumped on board, (She is down 10 lbs and her brain has changed with good habits.) Next step is getting our workout on. I didn't realize Amber had a journal (3) and I stayed up reading them on Friday (till 1 in the morning). It was like a roller coast novel, I couldn't stop. I laughed, cried and was jumping for joy several times. Why do I share this??....well as an observer, you and Amber are STRONG women! You have the fortitude to get-er-done. Both your hearts are so big and caring. So, steady as she goes, girl.....some virgin territory is a'wait'in.
helpingrachel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 02:28 PM   #80
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Aw, Rachel, you are so kind! I am so pleased your daughter is doing well and enjoying all the great stuff she can eat. I am really looking forward to maintenence, becasue the stuff I can have will be fantastic! Low carb desserts, berries, Mr. Peanut Bread, Julian Bread, Quest Bars-- all the awesomely excellent lc stuff I can't have right now, but when I'm at goal I can eat it all I like... within the parameters of my three meals, of course, I don't think I can ever let go of that or I will just end up an overeating slob again. Anyway, so much to look forward to, and so much to enjoy right now! I just had enchilada slop for lunch-- YUM!

lol @ Amber's journals-- I KNOW! She's a total nut and I love her.
Old 01-15-2012, 03:29 PM   #81
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipper75229 View Post
Diva, I'm looking for that pancake recipe but not finding it. I want to make some later after I've lost more weight. Can you point me in the right direction? Thanks!
Hi there, not sure where I posted it myself! Here it is:

1/2 cup protein powder (whey, egg white or combination. I use 1/4 C Jay Robb vanilla whey protein powder and 1/4 C Jay Robb vanilla egg white protein powder)
1 packet splenda (or equivalent sweetener of your choice)
2 tsp baking powder
2 eggs (egg beaters works just fine here as well)
1/2 cup cottage cheese
2 Tbsp unsweetened almond milk

Blend in blender until completely smooth. LET STAND 5 MINUTES (this is really important...that's why I capitalized it ) The batter will thicken A LOT during that five minute wait. Use the time to heat and oil your griddle. Fry em up as per usual...and enjoy with butter and SF syrup or cinnamon or almond butter (my personal favorite). They are ultra fluffly when you flip them over...it's really kind of fun to cook them. Or maybe I'm just easily entertained!
Old 01-15-2012, 03:31 PM   #82

Yes, we can have it later....now is mean girl honey badger mode!

Yep, they are awesome women!
Old 01-15-2012, 03:41 PM   #83
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

*high five* kitty! And thanks! You're pretty awesome yourself.

DARN IT, DIVA!!! Now I want to try the darn pancakes. Shoot. I'm going to do it. The next time I make my boys pancakes, I'm going to give it a go and see what happens.
Old 01-15-2012, 03:41 PM   #84
Senior LCF Member

Thanks, Diva! I now have it copied and will have some after the weight loss!!
Old 01-15-2012, 03:46 PM   #85
Major LCF Poster!

Ange, at Whole Foods they have little individual serving packets of Jay Robb protein powders...if I wasn't sure I was going to like/use them, I'd just try it out with a couple of the packets. Then...at the most, you're out the money for a couple of packets of protein powder and most of the other stuff is fairly "staple" in most of our kitchens I think.

Oh...just coz I post mostly in places where nobody in this thread goes, here is a pic my daughter took of her mom and dad, dressed to go to the Symphony. I'm the one in the dress (lolol) David, my DH, has lost 23 lbs so far and is looking good in his blue suit:

Old 01-15-2012, 03:51 PM   #86
Senior LCF Member

DIVA!!!! You are one beautiful lady!!! And quite a handsome feller at your side!!
Old 01-15-2012, 03:54 PM   #87
Major LCF Poster!

aw thanks! It sure feels good to be LESS lady than I was And he's a keeper...we had our 31st anniversary last November.
Old 01-15-2012, 03:57 PM   #88
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL! I love this photo, thank you so much for sharing. And, um, hubba hubba hubby!

And you still got it in the looks department, Diva! And then some! You could go on stage and knock em dead again any ol' time.
Old 01-15-2012, 04:02 PM   #89
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: helpingrachel
Stats: 167/ 162.4/140 5ft 8
WOE: NK
Diva.....You are smoking hot! Love your dress and shoes. Congrats to your husband.
helpingrachel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 04:05 PM   #90
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Izzysdream
Stats: 219/143/145 (5'7") age 56
WOE: HCG vlcd 1 April 2, 2014
Start Date: April 1, 2006
Hi sweetie!
Izzysdream is offline   Reply With Quote