Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Izzysdream
Stats: 219/148.4/145 (5'7") age 56
WOE: HCG vlcd 1 April 2, 2014
Start Date: April 1, 2006
:
Quote:
Originally Posted by glamazon View Post
By the way, I GAINED 30 POUNDS WHILE I WAS ON MY BENDER. Seriously. I am not kidding. A few months eating bread and cake and WHAMMO! 30 freaking pounds. No wonder I'm a flipping mess.

Last edited by Izzysdream; 04-05-2012 at 12:50 PM..
Izzysdream is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2012, 12:56 PM   #632
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: whipper75229
Stats: 189/165.6/145 5'3.25" Age 66
WOE: Diabetic - LOW CARB FOR LIFE!! A1C 5.6
Start Date: June 2010
You'll turn it around, Ang!
whipper75229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 12:57 PM   #633
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: kittycitygirl
Stats: 215/152.6/150 5'9"
WOE: Low Carb: my way;)
Start Date: April 3, 2010
Your history of being a carb eating machine and no gain when younger sounds like me. Doc said it was the Hashis....it just flipped and is now the opposite. Have you been tested for it?
kittycitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 01:24 PM   #634
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Martini72
Stats: ut ohh/aww shucks/wow
WOE: low carbs
Start Date: September 201o
Cmere my lil pork chop nugget!!! Well that is one of the best plans you have had!!! Its short and sweet!!! How will you add this magical fat???? Did u eat cake for me during the rock bottomness? So what you gained back 30 pounds. It will fall off like my wig on a bar night!!! I have been stuck here in limbo for months. I had a great 6 days then on the 7th day...i did the same self sabatogin crap. I caught myself but its weird huh. I mean 6 days and I wasn't even snacking! I look up and there is sugar free candy and soda in my desk at work!!! Doesn't it feel good to be back? You have to check in here. No matter what. Even if you can't answer everyones journal we will come here to support you. You know I'm just a text away!!!!

Last edited by Martini72; 04-05-2012 at 01:26 PM..
Martini72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 01:25 PM   #635
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: glamazon
Stats: 283/276.6/180 ** 6'2
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: 9/4/2012
Thanks for the hugs, ladies! Needed it.

No, Kitty, thyroid is fine. Being skinny used to be the norm, think back in time, look at old photos, everyone was skinny, naturally. (Generalization, of course.) Today everyone is fat, or chubby, or not considered thin-- again, generalization, but just look around! Fat outnumbers skinny at the malls and stores and arenas and everywhere around here. Seems like the big flip flop happened around the late 80's, escalated in the 90's, escalated more in the 00's, and here we are today.

HHHMMM I WONDER WHY
glamazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 01:26 PM   #636
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I LOVE YOU MARTINI!
Old 04-05-2012, 01:31 PM   #637
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

As for adding the magical fat (rubs hands together and squeees with glee) CREAM! COCONUT MILK! FULL FAT YOGURT! CHEESE! OLIVE OIL! NUTS! BUTTER! SALAMI! OLIVES!

mmmm all stuff I love. I'll probably avoid nuts for a while until I can be trusted with them. It may be never, but if I can handle it, I loves me some nuts! I will probably stick with the nut rule that serves me the best-- as part of a meal, not a snack. (Like nuts in a salad is fabulous, but handfuls of nuts because I'm hungry is not fabulous.)

Flabazon to Glamazon
Photos of My Low Carb Meals
Old 04-05-2012, 01:58 PM   #638
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Hills
Start Date: January 2013
Hey Angela! You sound like you're ready to go again

I look forward to seeing how you do with more fat in your diet. Hopefully this will be the key for you!

I gave myself a fresh start again yesterday too. 1 day down and feeling good so far on day 2! I was eating too many carbs, too many times a day...just too much.

So I'm sticking with just protein shakes and one meal a day for now. The meal can have carbs but not too much. Oh and of course coffee too. Can't really go without that. It's a little extreme but I'm kind of tired of trying to lose weight and I keep failing. I feel lighter inside without so much food too. So we'll see how it goes.

I lost a couple of pounds overnight and that made me happy. I know it's water weight but it's off my body so that's all I care about.

I'm excited for you and I know you can do this! You have done so well in the past and it sounds like you are getting closer and closer to figuring out exactly what works best for YOU
Hills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 02:02 PM   #639

Yay for food you love! That makes it easier to stick with!

Got to venture to the store here....eek! Have heard horror tales.....like pre Christmas! Wish me luck! LOL
Old 04-05-2012, 02:08 PM   #640
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Quote:
Originally Posted by glamazon View Post
By the way, I GAINED 30 POUNDS WHILE I WAS ON MY BENDER. Seriously. I am not kidding. A few months eating bread and cake and WHAMMO! 30 freaking pounds. No wonder I'm a flipping mess.
But don't forget--this isn't about being "good" or "bad." This weight gain does not make you a bad person, an inferior person, a weak person, etc. I see people use the terms "I was bad" or "I've been really good" around here all the time, and it makes my skin crawl. It's not a moral issue.

Something in the way your body and your body/brain connection that signals hunger and satiation function is malfunctioning! And it's fixable, and you're going to fix it! Now go fix it!
verbqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 02:09 PM   #641
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Martini72
Stats: ut ohh/aww shucks/wow
WOE: low carbs
Start Date: September 201o
I LOVE U MORE!!!
Martini72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 07:12 PM   #642
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tiggy_oz
Stats: 330/249/190 5'10"
WOE: LCHF + IF
Start Date: 1 Nov 2010 (+4 months off & 20lb regain)
oh ang, I am soooo glad that that blog spoke to you and you had an aha moment and are back doing positive things for your health. I have also come to the same conclusions as you regarding fat and the way he wrote it up in his articles just totally made sense for me as well. I've found it a lot easier to control mindless eating since dropping the protein down and increasing the fat. I really hope you also can have the same success. I mean the scale is still not going at lightning speed (for numerous reasons), but its going and I feel much better and in control. Eating to appetite. What a novel idea hehe.

Its a real shift in mindset though to not be afraid of good fat even though I have been playing with LC for forever. The higher fat foods are so much more satisfying for me than eating a pile of chicken breast.

Don't sweat the 30lb gain. Sometimes we have to royally screw up to get to that rock bottom, tears and then anger motivation. I regained about 25lbs in my 'eat and drink whatever I want' months. Like you I never stopped beliving in LC eating, but the apathy and the 'I want' over ruled it. It took my clothes being super tight, and the indonesian directness (god I hate it sometimes haha) of someone who hadn't seen me for 2 months saying - wow you got fat - why??

I'm sooo happy to have you back. I just LOVE reading your posts. So funny and clever. So we've learned a lesson right? The emotional pain of gaining weight is worse than the daily 'pain' of not giving into the 'I want' monster.

(and I reckon 10+lbs of that will drop right off in a week)

"We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world." -Buddha

Tiggy Jones Diary
tiggy_oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:36 AM   #643
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: writermom
Stats: 196/187/145 5'5
WOE: WW PP
Start Date: November 15, 2010
We are most definitely here for you, Ang!

Listen, we're all a big ball of messiness. Amber got chopped up, Martini has her wig flying off, I'm dropping pedometers in scuzzy hospital toilets. We're a freak show. But, we support each other through the ups and downs. Remember in December when you were Mean Girl? I was falling off the wagon then and feeling like I would never get back on. You motivated me to restart and keep plugging away at this. I adopted the 'bowl of slop' as my standard lunch because of you. Not to mention all the books and websites you've recommended that have really helped me get more insight into myself. I'm extremely frustrated at losing weight so slowly or just maintaining endlessly, but I keep going because I know there's an answer out there and I know I have friends here to keep reminding me of that.

Happy Easter to you and your family!
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...t-chapter.html
writermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:00 PM   #644
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hills View Post
Hey Angela! You sound like you're ready to go again

I look forward to seeing how you do with more fat in your diet. Hopefully this will be the key for you!

I gave myself a fresh start again yesterday too. 1 day down and feeling good so far on day 2! I was eating too many carbs, too many times a day...just too much.

So I'm sticking with just protein shakes and one meal a day for now. The meal can have carbs but not too much. Oh and of course coffee too. Can't really go without that. It's a little extreme but I'm kind of tired of trying to lose weight and I keep failing. I feel lighter inside without so much food too. So we'll see how it goes.

I lost a couple of pounds overnight and that made me happy. I know it's water weight but it's off my body so that's all I care about.

I'm excited for you and I know you can do this! You have done so well in the past and it sounds like you are getting closer and closer to figuring out exactly what works best for YOU
Yep, I'm ready to go again. COFFEE IS NON-NEGOTIABLE, lol. I think your shake and one meal a day is a little extreme, be careful you don't fudge out like I did. If it works for you effortlessly, then wonderful, but if you are struggling to wrangle it, change it before you implode! That's just my personal experience talking, you may have more self control than I do! I really do have an overeating problem, it is impossible to control with willpower while eating carbage... eating true low carb really GIVES me the will power. Now I just have to really work very very hard to not self sabotage again. *sigh*
Old 04-06-2012, 12:02 PM   #645
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycitygirl View Post
Yay for food you love! That makes it easier to stick with!

Got to venture to the store here....eek! Have heard horror tales.....like pre Christmas! Wish me luck! LOL
I know, Kitty, right? I LOOOOOOOOVE Fatty Foods! Should be the easiest thing in the world. I am looking forward to welcoming back my Heavy Cream Overlord.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:03 PM   #646
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: whipper75229
Stats: 189/165.6/145 5'3.25" Age 66
WOE: Diabetic - LOW CARB FOR LIFE!! A1C 5.6
Start Date: June 2010
Yay, Ang!! We're all here for you!!!
whipper75229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:07 PM   #647
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbqueen View Post
But don't forget--this isn't about being "good" or "bad." This weight gain does not make you a bad person, an inferior person, a weak person, etc. I see people use the terms "I was bad" or "I've been really good" around here all the time, and it makes my skin crawl. It's not a moral issue.

Something in the way your body and your body/brain connection that signals hunger and satiation function is malfunctioning! And it's fixable, and you're going to fix it! Now go fix it!

ooooooohhhh Jess, how right you are. Those are very kind and true words. The Parasitic Fat Blanket is very very strong and willfull and has had its way with me! Time to carb-starve it back! Not morality--biology!
Old 04-06-2012, 12:07 PM   #648
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini72 View Post
I LOVE U MORE!!!
Old 04-06-2012, 12:15 PM   #649
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggy_oz View Post
oh ang, I am soooo glad that that blog spoke to you and you had an aha moment and are back doing positive things for your health. I have also come to the same conclusions as you regarding fat and the way he wrote it up in his articles just totally made sense for me as well. I've found it a lot easier to control mindless eating since dropping the protein down and increasing the fat. I really hope you also can have the same success. I mean the scale is still not going at lightning speed (for numerous reasons), but its going and I feel much better and in control. Eating to appetite. What a novel idea hehe.

Its a real shift in mindset though to not be afraid of good fat even though I have been playing with LC for forever. The higher fat foods are so much more satisfying for me than eating a pile of chicken breast.

Don't sweat the 30lb gain. Sometimes we have to royally screw up to get to that rock bottom, tears and then anger motivation. I regained about 25lbs in my 'eat and drink whatever I want' months. Like you I never stopped beliving in LC eating, but the apathy and the 'I want' over ruled it. It took my clothes being super tight, and the indonesian directness (god I hate it sometimes haha) of someone who hadn't seen me for 2 months saying - wow you got fat - why??

I'm sooo happy to have you back. I just LOVE reading your posts. So funny and clever. So we've learned a lesson right? The emotional pain of gaining weight is worse than the daily 'pain' of not giving into the 'I want' monster.

(and I reckon 10+lbs of that will drop right off in a week)

Loving you right back! Yep, the first 10 pounds of bloat is almost gone. You nailed it when saying you believed low carb but apathy and the "wants" just overwhelm logic and reason. It makes no sense in the brain, and your brain is going NO NO NO STOP WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING??? but your body just shovels it down anyway.

Anyway, thanks for the blog, I really did enjoy reading all that stuff. Fits right in like a perfect little puzzle piece with atkins and taubes. ( oh gary ) Amber, you should read the exerecise atricles, he kind of explains why you don't have oomph on low carb and explains how to overcome it. (He's an athlete who is in ketosis 24/7.) Might give you some insight and maybe what to give a go to see if it works for you? I'm no athlete, so I don't really know.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:17 PM   #650
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by writermom View Post
We are most definitely here for you, Ang!

Listen, we're all a big ball of messiness. Amber got chopped up, Martini has her wig flying off, I'm dropping pedometers in scuzzy hospital toilets. We're a freak show. But, we support each other through the ups and downs. Remember in December when you were Mean Girl? I was falling off the wagon then and feeling like I would never get back on. You motivated me to restart and keep plugging away at this. I adopted the 'bowl of slop' as my standard lunch because of you. Not to mention all the books and websites you've recommended that have really helped me get more insight into myself. I'm extremely frustrated at losing weight so slowly or just maintaining endlessly, but I keep going because I know there's an answer out there and I know I have friends here to keep reminding me of that.

Happy Easter to you and your family!
...We're all a freakshow... Big hugs to you, Laura! What nice things to say, totally cheered me up. Thank you! I hope you are having a wonderful day! BOWL OF SLOP FTW!!
Old 04-06-2012, 12:18 PM   #651
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipper75229 View Post
Yay, Ang!! We're all here for you!!!
Thanks, Sandy!
Old 04-06-2012, 12:48 PM   #652

muuuuh!

You got this! Now running before Tini catches me
Old 04-06-2012, 04:27 PM   #653
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tiggy_oz
Stats: 330/249/190 5'10"
WOE: LCHF + IF
Start Date: 1 Nov 2010 (+4 months off & 20lb regain)
Hahaha Laura @ we are freakshows. Oh yes we are and it trumps being boring and perfect I reckon!!

Hows today going ang?
tiggy_oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 05:09 AM   #654

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Ang- you are on to something with the BC pills, I was 215 when I went to college, when I graduated college I was 265, I went on BC pills my freshman year I thought all the weight gain was beer and pizza but that weight just piled on more and more all through my 20's until hitting the wall in my 30's. Hormones are a PIA! I cant wait to go have everything tested our hair chins, all that is hormonal crap!

And with the LC, how did I do it week after week eating SF candy, eating SF pudding, almonds, and I would lose fine, and then all the freaking exercise and my body is in complete surrender, I honestly think that LC only works for awhile and then your body changes, I am so clueless what to eat at this point, I like healthy carbs, they are satisfying, I like fruit and I cant believe I cannot eat fruit or become a pork roll again, I am determined to eat and exercise normally, this has to be for life, why now am I losing weight after this surgery sitting on my fat swollen ass and doing nothing but eating easter candy that makes no sense!

I think everyone has to find the comb of food/exercise that will work for them on going, I mean I will be watching my weight when I am 70 or 75 so it has to be something that is easy to follow.

Fat is your friend on low carb, maybe check out the fat fast that had lots of good 250 calorie foods that were 90% fat.
1 ounce macadamias
2 ounces cream cheese
1/2 avocado with 1 ounce tuna with mayo
I cant remember what else now, but I think you can look it up!

You will get there Ang you deserve to feel your best, I do think you should get some blood work done too as a gauge.
Old 04-07-2012, 07:40 AM   #655
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Frenchie'sGirl
Stats: 126.8kg/88.5kg/80kg 279/194.7/180
Start Date: March 2011
Glad to see you back Ang. I must look up tis blog and give it a read. I find it all so fascinating. I also find that high fat helps me lose.
Frenchie'sGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 03:41 PM   #656
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
Start Date: January 19, 2011
Ang, have a great Easter weekend!
janetsbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 12:39 AM   #657
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Izzysdream
Stats: 219/148.4/145 (5'7") age 56
WOE: HCG vlcd 1 April 2, 2014
Start Date: April 1, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchie'sGirl View Post
Glad to see you back Ang. I must look up tis blog and give it a read. I find it all so fascinating. I also find that high fat helps me lose.
Ditto Ang!
Izzysdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 06:36 AM   #658
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cara7166
Stats: 325/217/200 next goal!
WOE: Atkins for first 65 pounds, then HCG
Start Date: Nov 1, 2011
Thinking of you Ang! Glad you're back, missed you!!
cara7166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 06:43 AM   #659

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Happy Easter Ang!!!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:48 AM   #660
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: glenda1962
WOE: Low Carb
Fat Fast Ideas And Recipes (Atkins Fat Fast Menu)

There is one further plus to the Fast Fast which I haven't mentioned. There is very little food preparation involved. None of the ideas or recipes listed below will take you more than 5 minutes to prepare.

1/4 cup heavy or whipping cream in a large mug of coffee (I use this to jump start my day and prevent abuse of those near and sometimes dear to me. In the summer I make it the night before and put it in the refrigerator, then pour it over ice. You could also pour it into popsicle molds and freeze it for Coffee Fat Fasticles. Yum!)

4 strips of bacon

Peanut Butter Cream Cheese
1 ounce cream cheese
1 tablespoon sugar free peanut butter
1 tablespoon heavy or whipping cream
10 drops Liquid Sweet & Low (or artificial sweetener of your choice)
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Blend all ingredients in a small bowl.

Serves 1. Approximately 208 calories.

***Note: If you life this one, make up several servings at one time and stick them into the refrigerator in custard cups for individual servings. That way you only have one cleanup.

2 ounces of cream cheese stuffed in one large celery stalk

1/2 pork rinds with 2 ounces of sour cream

Pork Rinds With Sour Cream Dip (This is not my recipe - Judi (Island Girl) forwarded it to me.)
1/2 ounce plain pork rinds (1/6 of 3-ounce bag)
1/4 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
Blend parmesan into sour cream and use as dip for pork rinds

Without Parmesan: 164 calories, 8 grams fat (79%)

With Parmesan: 187 calories, 15 grams fat (77%)

2 tablespoons of sugar free peanut butter on an approximately 7 1/2-inch stalk of celery.

1/4 cup heavy or whipping cream, whipped, sweetened with artificial sweetener, and flavored with vanilla or some other extract.

2 ounces of sour cream on approximately 1/2 cup sliced cucumber.

Tuna or chicken salad with triple the usually amount of mayonnaise.

I cook the bejeebers out of a whole chicken in the crockpot until the meat is literally falling off the bones, then shred the meat and save it for chicken salad or for soups. I strain the broth carefully (watch for small bones!) and freeze it.

I will usually reuse the broth to cook more than one chicken, which results in a superb, flavorful extra-strength broth which is great to sip on if you're sick.

2 egg yolks mashed up with lots of mayonnaise, salt, and pepper (like you would for deviled eggs), but eaten plain or with a few pork rinds, cucumber slices, or a celery stick

Peanut Butter Pudding (This is Rani Merens' recipe.)
2 tablespoons of sour cream
1 teaspoon sugar free peanut butter
Splenda (to taste)
Combine all the ingredients. This thickens up magnificently, and can either be eaten "as is" or partially frozen, but don't let it get rock hard unless you just want to suck on it.

***Note: If you life this one, make up several servings at one time and stick them into the refrigerator in custard cups for individual servings. That way you only have one cleanup.

1/4 cup heavy or whipping cream in a can of diet soda (any flavor)

1/2 package sugar free Jell-O in 1/2 cup whipped heavy or whipping cream

1/4 cup heavy or whipping cream, whipped, with 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder and a few drops of liquid artificial sweetener added (to taste).

Jell-O Whip (Someone named Chris sent this to me a couple of years ago.)
1 small package sugar free Jell-O (any flavor)
1/2 cup boiling water
4 ice cubes
8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature and cut into cubes
4 tablespoons heavy or whipping cream
Dissolve the Jell-O completely in the boiling water, then add the ice cubes to cool it down and to thicken it.

When the ice cubes are melted, pour the gelatin mixture in the blender and add the cutup cream cheese. Whirl it around until the ingredients are completely blended. Pour the mixture into a mixing bowl.

Whip the four ounces of cream, then fold it into the cream cheese mixture.

Divide the mixture into 5 equal portions, cover each with plastic wrap, and put them in the refrigerator to chill.

This makes 5 servings, or all the you need for one day of the Fat Fast. Of course, you wouldn't have to eat all 5 servings in one day. You could alternate them with other food choices.

Cream Cheese Jell-O Chunks (Someone sent me this idea, too, but I've misplaced their name).

10 ounces cream cheese, cut into 20 equal squares (Not softened!) 1 small packet sugar free Jell-O, any flavor

Pour the dry gelatin powder into a small bowl or onto a salad plate. Set aside.

Roll the 20 cream cheese squares into balls. Roll each ball in the dry gelatin mixture. Place the coated balls on a plate, cover them with plastic wrap, and put them in the refrigerator until you're ready to eat them

Each Fat Fast serving is 4 balls.