Old 02-21-2012, 08:03 PM   #421
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: kittycitygirl
Stats: High:215; current 168
WOE: Low Carb: my way;)
Start Date: April 3, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by glamazon View Post
aw, ****, Amber. I suck. BUT, I'm formulating a new plan with that glorious purple leopard print and sparkly gold high heel wearing Martini. We're going to do CAD together and see how it goes. I haven't done CAD in years, but I always liked it before I blew it. Will I blow it again? Probably. But, I have to do something and might as well try something different for a while. I'm going to give it a solid month of following the exact rules and see what happens. I feel a badger coming home!
All about the new plans! Find what works and work it! Glad I found my new thing Hope you find what will work for you hun.
kittycitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2012, 01:29 AM   #422
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
Well ya know, you're only a quitter if you give up. Just keep fighting hon and if you do it long enough, you will find what works for you!!!! I just have faith you will. And don't get down on yourself. You are strong and smart and gorgeous! You will figure it out!!!
pooticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 04:25 AM   #423

What she said! We are not quiters!
Old 02-22-2012, 04:34 AM   #424
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: whipper75229
Stats: 189/165.6/145 5'3.25" Age 66
WOE: Diabetic - LOW CARB FOR LIFE!! A1C 5.6
Start Date: June 2010
AMEN!!!
whipper75229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 06:09 AM   #425
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 19, 2011
Ang, you and Martini both can do this!
janetsbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:39 AM   #426

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Ang- I dont care what plan you do, you know that, I just want my friend back here, and Martini, if you come out, Martini will come out and Private Diva and Rachel and everyone else that loves you, so come on back, it doesnt take long to post something witty and funny for us!!! Dont take a bunch of pics, do whatever you need, but be funny and hilarious like always, LOL
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 01:33 PM   #427
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Martini72
Stats: ut ohh/aww shucks/wow
WOE: low carbs
Start Date: September 201o
AMBER I'VE BEEN OUT!!! On a roll!!! OK so Angelkins...I screwed up on our first day!!! Oatmeal cookies...WTH BOUGHT THOSE IN HERE!!! They were everywhere!!! I even tried my "somebody with nasty dirty hands touched the ones in the meeting' theory died because there were the new fresh one UNTOUCHED in the kitchen.....I am such a loser. If it would have been with lunch I would have been right on CAD. Timing! I press on. Salad for dinner! Such is life.
Martini72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 03:14 PM   #428

Yes, missing Ang!!! Need to hear from you girl... Having Ang withdrawal........
Old 02-22-2012, 04:06 PM   #429
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Meg2039
Stats: 218/186/155
WOE: Protein Power
Start Date: 11/2/13
YAY on the new plan. I just started a new one too. It's like new years all over again! You and Martini will rock it! No more oatmealers Martini!! except during your reward meal!
Meg2039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 07:10 PM   #430
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: glamazon
Stats: 290/279/195 ** 6'2
WOE: Keto
Start Date: 5/25/2014
Here I am! Busy day, another double swimming lesson-- my son has one with his class at school, and then again after school for his regular lesson he's been taking year round since he was 3. (He's quite a good swimmer now! Whew.) Plus just doing real life stuff that sucks away internet time.

BUT, Day one of CAD was very successful and I feel very good about it. I even have pictures! I wonder if anyone can guess what my carb of choice was this evening with my reward meal???

Aw, Amber, my gorgeous non smoking girlfriend... I'm here, just fat and feeling dead inside about dieting. I burned out HARD. Hopefully CAD will help cure that, I just have to be super careful to actually follow the rules, and not think I know better what makes a reward meal-- HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Do-Over Divas
Photos of My Low Carb Meals
glamazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 07:17 PM   #431

Aww Ang dieting sucks ass!!!!!!!!!!! Tell me about it, but it is worth it! You gotta find the foods you love and make a plan, screw all these diets, you gotta make your own, not that my Amber Plan is so great for weight loss, but I am going down in sizes and not gaining that is huge, I think I got some other issues messing with me, about to be hacked, but my point to all is, we got a problem liking carby food, we can never eat cookies, bread, cake etc like we did, so we have to find the right mix of moderation and then healthy eating that keeps us happy, dairy is big for me I love milk, I am sucking that kefir down, Greek Yogurt, these are good foods, like seriously I dont think milk made me fat, I think the oreos I washed down with it did. Some foods I just will not allow myself to eat, but other times I want treats and I eat them, knowing it must be rare and I must keep working out but there comes a time when you say I will never eat that look what it did to me, like an Italian hoagie I cant tell you how bad I want a big fat Italian hoagie with some really soft white bread, it is like smoking one bite I could be back to eating them everyday at lunch not a good thing, no donuts on Fridays at work, just isn't happening, there are things that you will erase completely to have the things you do want! I hate to see you struggle, I dont know what happened you were the chief badger, you gotta come back, we got 1/2 of the challenge to go you can suck it up and get back on track!

Last edited by Bejewelme; 02-22-2012 at 07:19 PM..
Old 02-22-2012, 07:33 PM   #432
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah, I don't know what the hell happened to me either. It was swift and suddenly I was a pig again, eating whatever I wanted whenever I wanted it. So, major burn out. You'd think I would care about all the hard work I put in and all the pounds I lost and how good I was feeling and how slim I was getting-- but no. Once the carbs gripped me and the insulin was swinging all over driving me to eat everything in sight-- I DIDN'T CARE. Even all my hardcore reminders just faded out and meant nothing. The Mean Girl evaporated. The Badger gave a ****. I could have just kept eating my way into oblivion-- thank goodness for that fabulously wigged Martini, she kept texting me and getting me back in the game, even when I was dead inside. XOXOXOX Martini!

Going back to CAD is a little scary, as it is permitted to have sugar and bread and such. I have to be very careful to balance and get it right, or I might as well just drag my bed down to the bakery and start living there. I understand the hoagies, Amber!

Last edited by glamazon; 02-22-2012 at 07:34 PM..
Old 02-23-2012, 03:13 AM   #433

Its Ok we all have our moments, we just cant let them go on forever, honestly I have to say eating all the food groups is good, I mean Atkins works well to get the weight off initially, but then even he wants you to add carbs back in, and its true, I think we need fruit and grains, and stuff! It does stop working at a certain point, and change is needed. It is just a matter of figuring out.

Angela-- I know you want this, and I know you are a smart girl and you are going to get this weight issue behind you, you don't want to be the burden to your son that your Mom is for you sometimes with her poor health issues. GF we are getting older, and we are only going to start getting sicker if we dont reign it in.

Thank God for Martini- look how she is still trying-- she never gives up, I love that about her!
Old 02-23-2012, 06:01 AM   #434
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Meg2039
Stats: 218/186/155
WOE: Protein Power
Start Date: 11/2/13
Ang!
You have to make it work for you! You are so talented and creative...You totally got this! I know it. This is a long and winding road for us all. The joy is in the journey...and all that jazz.
XXOO
Meg
Meg2039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 06:10 AM   #435
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cara7166
Stats: 325/217/200 next goal!
WOE: Atkins for first 65 pounds, then HCG
Start Date: Nov 1, 2011
Ang, I agree, sometimes you have to change what you are doing - mix it up, do something different and it works better!! Thinking of you & glad you are still here.

Cara
cara7166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 06:30 AM   #436
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ceecee08
Stats: 292.6/284.7/170 5'9
Start Date: Restart 1/4/2013
Good Morning Ang!!!

Have a great day!!
ceecee08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 06:40 AM   #437
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks, ladies! Yeah, I'm alright. Thing is, Amber, what I was doing didn't stop working, I stopped working it. One doesn't need carbohydrates to thrive and survive. It's a modern mental thing. This is still a low carb diet I'm doing, it's all about the insulin control. I'm an addict, plain and simple. Once I get a grip, I'm all good. I loosen my hold for one minute and blammo-- full blown addict again, despite knowing how it makes me fat and makes me fel terrible. But, the tight control gets me down after a while, so who knows?

Today is Day two, and it will look much like yesterday! I do have pics, I'll load them up later today.

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 02-23-2012, 07:20 AM   #438
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Angela, I am in that head space now and don't know how to get out. I feel as if my brain said, "You are fat and always will be fat, might as well eat all the crap you want." So I have been eating all the crap I want.
I know that JUDDD works for me and that low carb works for me. I just have no idea how to get back to that mindset.

As always, you are such a good influence for me. If you can do it, why can't I?
Old 02-23-2012, 08:37 AM   #439
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: writermom
Stats: 196/187/145 5'5
WOE: WW PP
Start Date: November 15, 2010
I think we are all going through some winter blues, which we have every right to do. I mean, we're still fat, Amber's getting her skin hacked off and alot of our regular peeps have disappeared from the boards.

Do we give up? Do we let the parasitic fat blanket win? Does the Badger start giving a **** and inviting friends over for tea and sympathy? Hells no!

They may take our lives, but they'll never take our FREEDOM!

Sorry, I'm Scottish and I got a little carried away...

Anyhoo, we are still in this fight and we're in it together. If you are in the fight with me, make a declaration. Here's mine:

I'm leaving for a business trip one month from today and I WILL lose between now and then because I will NOT feel fat in my work clothes!
writermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:53 AM   #440
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Aw, Janet. I KNOW!! I REALLY KNOW!!! round and round I go-- fierce and furious to meek and indifferent-- over and over again. Ah well. Time to get back to it.

You are so funny, Laura! Also, you're right. What kind of declaration am I making this time? I don't know.

Well, I fumbled this morning and accidentally erased the photos from last night and this morning. ****! I'll just tell you what I had yesterday on my first day of CAD instead:

Breakfast: 3 egg omelet w/ spinach, bacon, mushrooms, orange pepper, green onion

Lunch: salad w/ roasted turkey breast, romaine, orange pepper, cucumber, homemade creamy garlic dressing

Snack: salami & fresh green beans

Dinner: (reward meal) enchilada slop (shredded beef, onion, garlic, green chiles, olives, El Pato sauce) on green leaf lettuce with avocado & tomato; my carb of choice for the day: fresh strawberries and Steviva-sweetened whipped cream.

Thoughts about day 1: I was fine. Having that optional snack made it so easy to create a nice dinner without being crazed with hunger. I know that menu doesn't look any different than what I had been eating for months, and really it isn't. It will all be the same, with the exception of that single carb portion I'm allowed at the reward meal. I can pick anything. I think that is the really tough part-- it's such prime real estate, what do I put there? A piece of real cake? A potato? A banana? A stack of pancakes? An ice cream bar? Semolina noodles? But, it can only be one thing, and it has to balance out with the protein and veg. It's difficult to choose, as there is so much I am missing, or I'm just used to eating it all and not having to choose. Getting to choose really is a luxury, but it's the reward for really balancing and timing the meals. Will this teach me moderation? Will this land me back in the Glutton Zone? Hell if I know. I'm just going to do it and not think about it too much. No burnouts!

Last edited by glamazon; 02-23-2012 at 11:55 AM..
Old 02-23-2012, 12:07 PM   #441

Ohh Laura- I love it, you never get all excited that was super, I think I shed a tear for you! LOL

Yeah Ang that doesn't look too crazy from what you were eating! You know what sucks? Watching and recording every bite of food, exercising 8-12 hours a week and still not losing ---------that freaking blows, but I carry on one of these days I hope after this surgery things are going to regulate and I can lose again, the stalling part sucks! It gets old no doubt, and it is a giant PIA, and I have my pity parties, I work out so hard why cant I eat pizza, but I cant. It is not fair that people like our husbands exist, that can eat anything and be slender, but we are not them! It is always going to be a lifelong battle that is what sucks, there is no end of the road, it is always going!
Old 02-23-2012, 05:14 PM   #442

Love it Laura!

Hoping this works out for you Hun. That one carb poison would probably do me in...you are so strong and brave. Big hug! And smooches for Tini! Thanks for dragging sparkle butt back here XXXOOO
Old 02-24-2012, 07:54 AM   #443
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Have a great day Ang!
Old 02-27-2012, 01:23 PM   #444
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Martini72
Stats: ut ohh/aww shucks/wow
WOE: low carbs
Start Date: September 201o
Awww I wanna cry like a big fat baby that can't reach her binky!!!!! You guys are sweetie pies!!! I had to nag you back to LCF the way you do me...LOL Yea I aint giving up. Quittin is for Punks!!! And I ain't no yella bellied coward!!! (too many westerns..shhhh!) So I screwed the pooch over the weekend. CAD had me confused and scared..lmaooo Now the odd thing is. I will have a cheat carb and move on. I was petrified that it wouldn't wpork which led to confusion and snacking andwatever. So I have plumped up. Here is Day Whoever.

B - Broccoli Salad and 2.5 wings. Didn't looked balanced. Maybe more broccoli. SUE ME! hahhahaha I ate some cheese to be sure.

L- Broccoli salad and ground asian chicken. Good balance. I think I'll use a measuring cup to be sure. Wings are tricky cause you aren't eating the bone.

S- roast sunflower seeds.

So with dinner I should get a carb. THE FEAR OF IT! I should have gotten the rice with my meal. I am used to ordering no rice. I got more chicken...more broccoli salad coming...LOL I made a huge bowl of it. I love it..lmaooo goes with everything!

How the heck do u work in a stack of pancakes? bacon is thin...lol Pancakes vs bacon sausage and egg? With broccoli salad? LMAOOOOOO

That's the way at look at the plate 50/50. Like the carbs are in a battle between themselves and the protein and the veggies...and see the salad is like..opps! I typed that out loud?
Martini72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:25 PM   #445

LOL Tini! I don't think I could do that one! I'd be a big mess too soon!

Ang! Where are you? Come visit so I can pours ya a cup of Java from my new French press!
Old 02-28-2012, 12:37 AM   #446
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BellaRose
Sorry your having..

A hard time!

You were doing so good before, eating
good but I think you were not eating enough.
You could of had bigger portions..more salads.
I think you got burntout because you were so strict.

Know I'm just a lurker ( I like to say reader instead)
I followed your posts. Was rooting for you.
Just my humble opinion.
BellaRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:44 AM   #447

Angela!! Where are you love???
Old 02-28-2012, 04:42 AM   #448

Ang!!! Come back to us!!!
Old 02-28-2012, 07:37 AM   #449
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ang????
Old 02-28-2012, 01:08 PM   #450
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

yeah, I'm here. Sorry I'm so neglectful! I dunno about this CAD thing--- I haven't lost a thing. On the bright side, I haven't gained anything, so there's that. I miss the dramatic weight drops of being a hard core low carber! I wonder how I can sustain it long term? I dunno.

I'm updating my website, and it is HARD to do. It's a time sucker, I started this morning at 7 am and now it's 1? I've been working on it all day and I accomplished nothing. How is that possible???

Well, back to mine. XOXOXOXOX