Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2012, 05:01 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 210/159/130
WOE: <20 Carbs Daily
Start Date: July 2011
I may be sugar free.. But I'm still sweet! <3

This is my 100th post! I have gotten the hang of low carb now, and to date I have lost 25 pounds. I plan to write about my ups and downs, (hopefully, mostly ups ) and share my story here. I plan to write in it weekly to keep everyone who's interested in my story updated!

About Me:

I am the youngest in my family, and I have 3 sisters and 1 brother. We are all overweight, and my parents are especially. I am the only one of us who has tried to change my eating habits, but it is hard when you're surrounded by people who eat their carbs, and they flaunt it. I just wish they knew how sad that makes me inside. Not that it upsets my way of eating, but that they are in such denial that they think they have to do these things. I have tried to help them these past few years, but they want nothing to do with it.

My mom is a full blown diabetic, and she also has parkinson's disease. She takes 16 pills a day, but she is not even 50 yet. She has one of those pill sorters with the SMTWRFS on each slot. I remember my grandma having one of those, and I never thought my mom, with all her nongray hair, would have one by now. She is the worst eater I think I have ever met. She has a candy drawer full of reese's that she pops like medicine. Her almost daily shopping trips consist of buying pizza, ice cream, and more reese's. The fact that I look so much like her is one of my biggest motivators. I can literally see myself down the road if I continue eating the way that I do.

The rest of my family has similar eating habits, and they are all overweight. I remember thinking when I was little that 'it runs in our family' but to me that is just an excuse to overeat. My parents always kept Little Debbies in the cabinet, and I remember at one point eating almost a whole box! In one sitting!

I have to figure out a way to help myself first, before I can help them. Maybe if I lose the weight, it will motivate them to change their eating habits. I hope I can succeed because, if they keep it up, I'll be the only one in my family left..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I discovered Low Carb when I went to the doctor for an ear infection! haha I was sitting in the waiting room, and there was a reader's digest laying on the table that I grabbed. In it there was an article that talked about Gary Taubes and Dr. Atkins. I read it and it made SO much sense. To me, all the naysayers about the diet should just step back and look at the facts! We didn't have grain for a long LONNG Time. It is a recent addition to the diet. We are not made to really handle grain/sugar. And we lived just fine without it.

I hardly ever feel hungry on LC, and it gives me so much energy to workout! It also makes my hair, nails, and even my eyelashes grow better and stronger! haha I also feel like this diet will give me the leanest body possible, since I'll have so much protein and my muscles will thank me for that.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So anyway, I hope you now know a little about me, my family, and my situation. I hope to be a success story, and to inspire others some day!

210 ~~~~200 ~~~~190 *Onederland* ~~~~180 ~~~~170 ~~~~160 ~~~~ Now-155 ~~~~ Minigoal 140!!
Minimizing_Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2012, 11:11 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 210/159/130
WOE: <20 Carbs Daily
Start Date: July 2011
Wow, I reached 179 today! This is the lowest I've been in years
Minimizing_Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote