Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2012, 07:05 AM   #211
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Gremom
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulabob View Post
I hope so! I had a nice loss even after my full calorie P3 day (with a single serving of pringles ). Not even in my house but they have them at church for the kids (and I am a big kid!)
This made me giggle!

I did have a nice loss of 1.5lbs this morning, so I am thrilled!!

you have a loss too!

Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2012, 10:50 AM   #212
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Quote:
I hope so! I had a nice loss even after my full calorie P3 day (with a single serving of pringles ). Not even in my house but they have them at church for the kids (and I am a big kid!)

You are rocking your round for sure! Keep it up, it's giving me motivation to do my own...someday!
Yea! MotivateMotivateMotivate. That makes me happy that I can not only accomplish my own personal goals but have something spill over to the ones around me, like a pebble tossed into a pond.

Big kid! Aren't we all? I was born the last of 5 girls and I'll always be the baby of the family. And since I never had kids I never had to "grow up."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremom View Post
This made me giggle!

I did have a nice loss of 1.5lbs this morning, so I am thrilled!!

you have a loss too!
What a nice drop!! Yippee!

I got my bump but it wasn't as bad as I thought it might be. Only 0.4 so that is very acceptable. Today I will keep it strictly to 500 cals and tomorrow (hopefully) the bump will leave and take friends with it.

No plans for today. Will be home putting plastic on windows and winterizing the best that I can around the back door (which has the blasted dog door in it.) Winter is coming with a vengeance this weekend and I have to be ready. It's a battle to keep my heating oil for as long as I can make it last. Temps are going to drop into the teens during the day and low single-digits at night.

So glad I am not a weekend equine care giver!

That's all the news for now. Some tree company is outside making a whole lot of racket, cutting down a neighbors trees for no apparent reason. I have a limb that I hope they cut off! It runs between the power lines and out over the street. When they were cutting back limbs after that devastating October storm, they went around cutting limbs that could be troublesome in the future. I guess they left mine there because they didn't want to get electrocuted. All the more reason to cut it, right?

If we were to go by today, I'd be thinking it was Springtime! Good opportunity to prepare for what's ahead.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day! I need to get cracking. There are only a few hours left of daylight.
Old 02-09-2012, 01:51 PM   #213
Big Yapper!

(Copied and pasted from the rogue hcg thread.)

Okay, so here's how my day is going. I'm up 0.4 but expected that. I ate around 900 cals yesterday so it was more than I could hope for to get away with that. Today I'm doing 500 strict.

My hands turned to ice around 3:30 pm as per usual, so I decided to take my Cytomel at that time rather than waiting until the time I usually take it, which is 5pm. It's 30 minutes later and they are still ice-cold. I took it sublingually so it should have worked by now. I have no idea why I get so cold in the hands, feet and nose late in the afternoon if it isn't Cytomel-related.

Secondly, I got a letter regarding the foreclosure. It has thrown me an interesting twist! At first glance, it's bad news. It says that the date that the house is becoming the property of HUD is 2/29/12. That's just a little over 3 weeks away. But then it says that I can apply to continue residing here! It gives certain conditions in which you can be considered to continue to live in your home on a temporary, month-to-month basis. They set the rent at "a fair market value" so if that is true, it's going to be higher than I can afford and I'll need to high-tail it out of here anyway.

But I am permanently disabled and that is one of the conditions that would give me the opportunity to apply to stay. I filled out the form and all I need is a note from the Dr. Just got a call back from the Dr's office and she said he doesn't get involved in legal issues so he doesn't want to write the letter. I told her it was nothing that he would ever be called into court over. If HUD denies my request, I wouldn't even try to fight it. So I told her to have the Dr himself call me. I said, "It's hard when there is a middle-man." She said she'd give him the message so we'll see if he calls me back.

He's a great Dr and he is the one who assured me that I would never have to worry about losing my social security disability if it were up to him. I am reasonably sure if he calls me, I can get him to write the letter. I have 20 days to get this request and his letter into the right hands (from the date of letter, which is 2/3.) I can't afford to wait a single minute.

So, if the monthly rent would be much over $750 or 800, I'm likely not going to stay. I won't be able to put aside money for moving if it is that high, and so I'm just putting off the inevitable and there is no guarantee of length of stay. Plus I have to allow them access to the property with any 2-day notice or if a realtor wants to show it.

He just called. He fought me hard but finally he gave in. He is writing the letter, I am picking it up tomorrow and I will send off the paperwork first thing Monday. (I don't want it to arrive on a weekend and get lost in a pile of other papers.) I'm in tears. He said he gets hundreds of requests daily (might be a slight exaggeration) for this very thing and he said that if they pull my chart it won't hold up in court. I told him it won't be anything like that. They will just approve or disapprove the request and then I'll simply comply with their decision.

I am relieved and grateful but will start packing, none the less.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:32 PM   #214
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/136/129-131
Hi Cheryl,

I am sorry you are in this situation. I wish you only the best. I have to wonder if you would not be better off in a small newer energy efficient apartment? Your utilties would be more affordable. You would not have the headache of the upkeep there. I am wondering if you would qualify for lower rent at such an apartment that goes according to income? I know we have those in this area. You said that if you get to stay the offer would be to rent at fair market value which if is at $750-$850 you would not be able to stay anyway. I am not meaning to rain on your parade. If it were me, I would probably consider myself lucky to have lived there since April 2010(am I remembering correctly) without making a payment, and leave now.
I DO think there are alot of advantages to a smaller place and a new beginning. Again, I wish you only the best!

The BEACH is my HAPPY PLACE.

Old 02-09-2012, 02:43 PM   #215
Big Yapper!

Thanks, Marie. Actually it's been since October of '09! You'd think I'd have some money set aside to be able to make this transition easily but the cost of living is just too high. I will begin packing and take the mindset that I will need an apartment come March 1st. I do have a couple of places near me that take people who are 55+ but will take younger people if they are disabled. The rents are cheaper but they don't include any utilities. They also will allow a small pet but I hear that they will make an exception here and there. Tomorrow I will call them and see what I can find out.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:47 PM   #216

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Thanks, Marie. Actually it's been since October of '09! You'd think I'd have some money set aside to be able to make this transition easily but the cost of living is just too high. I will begin packing and take the mindset that I will need an apartment come March 1st. I do have a couple of places near me that take people who are 55+ but will take younger people if they are disabled. The rents are cheaper but they don't include any utilities. They also will allow a small pet but I hear that they will make an exception here and there. Tomorrow I will call them and see what I can find out.
I think that is an excellent plan of action. Please let me know how it goes. I wasn't clear in my post. The apartments here don't include utilties, but, utilities are typically less expensive in an apartment than in a home. Some apartment complexes here do include garbage though.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:03 PM   #217
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
Cheryl, I sure hope things work out for you. The little bump up on the scale will disappear soon.
I really ate bad today. I was out with my dd and granddaughter and she wanted to go out to eat. I decided to eat breakfast. 2 scrambled eggs, 3 slices of bacon, 2 biscuits and some low fat yogurt. I had my rice krispies this morning. We will see what happens tomorrow morning on the scale. I'll be holding my breathe!
Old 02-10-2012, 05:58 AM   #218
Senior LCF Member

Location: Wherever the Motorhome is parked, Today Pigeon Forge, TN
Gallery: katiesmemaw
WOE: hcg
Quote:
(Copied and pasted from the rogue hcg thread.)

Okay, so here's how my day is going. I'm up 0.4 but expected that. I ate around 900 cals yesterday so it was more than I could hope for to get away with that. Today I'm doing 500 strict.

My hands turned to ice around 3:30 pm as per usual, so I decided to take my Cytomel at that time rather than waiting until the time I usually take it, which is 5pm. It's 30 minutes later and they are still ice-cold. I took it sublingually so it should have worked by now. I have no idea why I get so cold in the hands, feet and nose late in the afternoon if it isn't Cytomel-related.

Secondly, I got a letter regarding the foreclosure. It has thrown me an interesting twist! At first glance, it's bad news. It says that the date that the house is becoming the property of HUD is 2/29/12. That's just a little over 3 weeks away. But then it says that I can apply to continue residing here! It gives certain conditions in which you can be considered to continue to live in your home on a temporary, month-to-month basis. They set the rent at "a fair market value" so if that is true, it's going to be higher than I can afford and I'll need to high-tail it out of here anyway.

But I am permanently disabled and that is one of the conditions that would give me the opportunity to apply to stay. I filled out the form and all I need is a note from the Dr. Just got a call back from the Dr's office and she said he doesn't get involved in legal issues so he doesn't want to write the letter. I told her it was nothing that he would ever be called into court over. If HUD denies my request, I wouldn't even try to fight it. So I told her to have the Dr himself call me. I said, "It's hard when there is a middle-man." She said she'd give him the message so we'll see if he calls me back.

He's a great Dr and he is the one who assured me that I would never have to worry about losing my social security disability if it were up to him. I am reasonably sure if he calls me, I can get him to write the letter. I have 20 days to get this request and his letter into the right hands (from the date of letter, which is 2/3.) I can't afford to wait a single minute.

So, if the monthly rent would be much over $750 or 800, I'm likely not going to stay. I won't be able to put aside money for moving if it is that high, and so I'm just putting off the inevitable and there is no guarantee of length of stay. Plus I have to allow them access to the property with any 2-day notice or if a realtor wants to show it.

He just called. He fought me hard but finally he gave in. He is writing the letter, I am picking it up tomorrow and I will send off the paperwork first thing Monday. (I don't want it to arrive on a weekend and get lost in a pile of other papers.) I'm in tears. He said he gets hundreds of requests daily (might be a slight exaggeration) for this very thing and he said that if they pull my chart it won't hold up in court. I told him it won't be anything like that. They will just approve or disapprove the request and then I'll simply comply with their decision.

I am relieved and grateful but will start packing, none the less.
Good Morning Cheryl. Just a suggestion, before you send the form or Drs. statement make copies! Then you will have it if it mysteriously disappears in the hands of the bureacracy!! Good thoughts and prayers are sent your way. One of my favorite scriptures is Matt 6:25-28. It's hard to be calm in the midst of chaos but I try to trust that He always knows what His plan for my life is....even when I think I know best. Silly me!
Betty
Old 02-10-2012, 07:41 AM   #219
Major LCF Poster!

Will be praying for you Cheryl! God will work it all out for you. I am so proud that you are handling it all so well. That's just how awesome you really are.

I am headed out of town for my sweet lil' niece's 1st birthday.

Just remember Jeremiah 29:11...He has plans for you!
Old 02-10-2012, 08:50 AM   #220
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiesmemaw View Post
Good Morning Cheryl. Just a suggestion, before you send the form or Drs. statement make copies! Then you will have it if it mysteriously disappears in the hands of the bureacracy!! Good thoughts and prayers are sent your way. One of my favorite scriptures is Matt 6:25-28. It's hard to be calm in the midst of chaos but I try to trust that He always knows what His plan for my life is....even when I think I know best. Silly me!
Betty
I always-always-always do that! Too many times things mysteriously don't arrive. That's one thing I've learned all too well in the years of being on disability. Thank you for that scripture. It helps to meditate on things like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremom View Post
Will be praying for you Cheryl! God will work it all out for you. I am so proud that you are handling it all so well. That's just how awesome you really are.

I am headed out of town for my sweet lil' niece's 1st birthday.

Just remember Jeremiah 29:11...He has plans for you!
Dang! You're leaving me? Hope you can check in during your weekend away. Enjoy your niece's first party! Pic, please.

As for me, I'm down the 0.4 bump up and also 0.4 more! So that puts me at 12.2 lbs lost on the morning of VLCD13! I've never had a round like this one. I hope to God this continues.

As far as my Dr and that letter, after some soul-searching and practical thinking, I decided that the HUD thing and prolonging the inevitable was the wrong move. Likely they will want at least $1000 per month and I can't do that. So I called the Dr's office and explained, told them to thank the Dr very much for writing the letter, but to go ahead and shred it. It was the right thing to do.

I have barn fun today and I'll be working with a different girl who only works every other Friday. I gel more with her than the other girl who I work with 75% of the time. It's sunny and will be cold up there (nothing new.) Zero mud predicted!

I hope everyone has a lovely day today. I will be making a few phone calls once my coffee kicks in and my head clears. Morning fog persists.

Last edited by CherylB; 02-10-2012 at 08:51 AM..
Old 02-10-2012, 09:56 AM   #221
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
Have a good day with the horses! I'm hanging out with Chloe today, so I'll be playing with toys. LOL Your numbers have gone down and mine are UP! 3 lbs up! Yikes! Ate at Bob Evans yesterday.
Old 02-10-2012, 10:26 AM   #222
Big Yapper!

Hang in there, honey. You are in such a strange place of having so many big life events all mixed up into a strange brew. You'll come out the other side and you'll be moving down the scale once again.
Old 02-10-2012, 06:07 PM   #223
Big Yapper!

Barn day. Hmmmm. Here's what I wrote on the Atkins thread:

"As for me I am resting my feet after another farm day. I think I need to find me a paying gig. There are far too few perks with this deal. I feel I am being taken advantage of and not the least bit validated. Tonight was another nail in the coffin. I don't understand people sometimes.

The equine care manager was there. They (the three paid people; one of which wasn't even supposed to be there tonight) were lunging the horses and exercising them. Two of them went and walked two of the horses out in the field, the way we did that one time several long weeks ago. There I was, with the rake and wheel barrel, going about the chores.

Eventually the manager asked me if I'd like to walk with the horses with them. I naturally jumped at the chance. I went to the barn to take a long drink of my water and returned to take hold of one of the horses. Well, turns out all 3 of them were going! One was riding, the other two were walking a horse each. So what was my part in this? Apparently to follow along behind! I walked with them a ways and then I just turned around and went back to doing something that didn't upset me.

To me, that was just plain cruel. What was she thinking when she asked me to go and walk the horses? Am I just paranoid or are my communication skills that terrible? I think it's the opposite. I am up-front and speak plainly and most other people aren't like that. So I don't know how much longer I'm going to keep doing this.

I know they aren't the only therapeutic riding center around. Maybe I need to try on a different one and see if it goes smoother."

So the word that is playing around in my head begins with an F and ends with ers.
Old 02-11-2012, 08:45 AM   #224

Good morning, Cheryl,

Sending you love and big hugs today. About the farm situation, I think I would have felt the same way. I'm sorry. At this time, it seems the positive still outweighs the negative. You will know when it is time to move on. Try to put it out of your mind for now, and put your energies toward your upcoming move. Better things are in store for you, I just know it. Have you had a chance to make any call yet?
Old 02-11-2012, 09:42 AM   #225
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: paulabob
Stats: 204/124.6/110 49%/27.4%/20% 5'2"
WOE: Atkins/hHcg/Optimal whatever works
Start Date: restart March '10
I wish I could be there and be your real life friend Cheryl. I think if you had more real life friends, it would make these little slights at the farm meaningless if you know what I mean.

I know I get the same way....feeling slighted more often when I'm emotionally at a low point.
Old 02-11-2012, 09:55 AM   #226
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Aww, {{{Cheryl}}}

I doubt they noticed how you were feeling, or meant to be anything but friendly. My experience is that most people don't really pick up on other people's feelings very well--they're too busy thinking about their own.

Maybe it would be helpful for you to actually express verbally that you enjoy spending time with the horses and hope that as time goes by you'll get more hands-on time with the animals.

Meanwhile--congrats on your GREAT round!
Old 02-11-2012, 12:05 PM   #227
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzcrzy View Post
Good morning, Cheryl,

Sending you love and big hugs today. About the farm situation, I think I would have felt the same way. I'm sorry. At this time, it seems the positive still outweighs the negative. You will know when it is time to move on. Try to put it out of your mind for now, and put your energies toward your upcoming move. Better things are in store for you, I just know it. Have you had a chance to make any call yet?
Not sure what call you are referring to. I'm calling on apartments and stuff. It's an ongoing thing. Just stepping it up a few notches. I will be sticking it out at the farm. In fact I just signed up for one more day per week but this will be 4 hours helping the lady in the office. Typing and whatnot. This coming Thursday will be my first day with her. Thankfully, she is also not a morning person and we will work together from 1-4. I'll still kick @$$ at home, packing. I have no choice.

Quote:
I wish I could be there and be your real life friend Cheryl. I think if you had more real life friends, it would make these little slights at the farm meaningless if you know what I mean.

I know I get the same way....feeling slighted more often when I'm emotionally at a low point.
Yeah, maybe. But I'm just as sensitive with "real friends." I'm just paranoid that way. But the thing is, I really don't feel paranoid. These things are just in my face kind of things. They aren't subtle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbqueen View Post
Aww, {{{Cheryl}}}

I doubt they noticed how you were feeling, or meant to be anything but friendly. My experience is that most people don't really pick up on other people's feelings very well--they're too busy thinking about their own.

Maybe it would be helpful for you to actually express verbally that you enjoy spending time with the horses and hope that as time goes by you'll get more hands-on time with the animals.

Meanwhile--congrats on your GREAT round!
Oh Lord, Jessica. I am right up front about my hopes and what I want to learn and do at the farm. I've been up front from the very first meeting or orientation. I am not a pest about it, but I do send out reminders when the times present themselves.

It's fine. If nothing else, I'm learning and gaining experience and getting one hell of a workout twice a week. God will bless me for my time, even if I don't get what I need from the people there. In fact, I believe the Bible says that if we get our reward here on earth, we won't get it in Heaven (don't let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, and don't pray on the street corner but pray in secret. When you fast, wash your face and don't make people pity you, etc. Excuse my poor attempt at paraphrasing.) I believe if you get all your accolades from people, you will get less from God. Just my interpretation. So Lord, in the light of that revelation, I gladly accept the exchange and look forward to your loving outreach toward me!

I just got home from being with my sister. She lives about 40 minutes from me but one of her neighbors lost a dog three days ago. They've been looking everywhere for it but I wanted to go and help look, too. We didn't find her and no trace of the cord she was dragging behind her. I think she was found by someone and they decided to keep her. It's a crying shame because she was wearing her collar and ID tag.

So now I'm home and I'm tired and I'm going to get caught up here with y'all. Hope everyone is having a lovely Saturday!
Old 02-11-2012, 12:09 PM   #228

Hi Cheryl,

sorry to hear about the dog. I hope they recover him.

I'm sorry I was not more clear in my post. I was referring to calls about apartments.
Old 02-11-2012, 01:31 PM   #229
Big Yapper!

That's an ongoing thing. Just today when I was driving home from my sisters' I saw a for rent sign. It's in a ritzy town so I think it will be out of price-range for me, and it looks to be a whole house. I noticed right beside and across from it there are two apartment complexs. Those might be closer to my speed. I'm going to call them on Monday. I need to google them and see what I can find out about them online.

Thanks for your concern and support, my darling Marie! I'll be okay. Just bear with me this month as I go through the "stages of grief" over what used to be and has been my life and what it will soon be. I need to trust. Pray and trust.
Old 02-12-2012, 09:12 AM   #230
Big Yapper!

Oh, man. What a night! I had a terrible dream that would just not end regarding my house and new owners. It's very funny in hindsight but it wasn't when I was "in it." They (a whole pack of young and old people) moved in before my time here was up. They had completely remodeled the place and turned it into a very hip (though a tad over-the-top) palace. They had put all my stuff into a heap. I tried to call the cops but couldn't find a phone. Then one of the women handed me a land line phone and it was a rotary! I dialed 911 but there was way too much going around the dial for the 1's and I knew it was not working.

Then she gave me her cell phone and I'd push what I thought was the 9 and it was an 8 or something else. I couldn't find my purse or my own phone because they had completely just basically disposed of all my things. Then when I tried to make a break for it and just call the cops from somewhere else, one of the guys (happened to be a big, burly black dude. No offense to anyone who is black reading this, please! It was just a dream) was tackling me and keeping me from leaving.

Among the changes they had made, they shredded my hot tub because it wasn't up to their standards, they put in an ocean (Yes, my back yard now had ocean frontage!), They created all these outdoor patios and places to play sports, and more stuff I don't recall. It was your typical nightmare.

At one point I knew I was dreaming and remembered in a movie I saw ("White Squall") where a boy tells another boy that if he's having a bad dream to just say to himself, "one two three WAKE UP!" But for some reason I stayed in it. I think I was just determined to find my purse and phone!

But the house had all new windows (with a lovely view of the ocean), granite counters, top-of-the-line kitchen appliances, the works. I remember one of them making a crack about my small driveway and I told them sarcastically that they could remove the front yard and just make it a parking lot.

This is helping to see how funny and ridiculous it was! Thanks for listening. I feel better now.

So, woke with a dang headache which I almost never have (thank you, Lord) and am drinking some coffee and downed 800 mg of Advil. I'll be in tip-top shape momentarily.

Up 0.8 today, but I checked back in my food journal and it was a week ago Saturday that I bumped up that same amount. Then the next day it was gone and took about 0.4 more with it. I'm cool with it.

I need to finish waking up now. I need to do something substantial today in this house, before all my stuff ends up in a heap! May we all have a very blessed and safe day today. AMEN!

Last edited by CherylB; 02-12-2012 at 09:16 AM..
Old 02-12-2012, 03:15 PM   #231
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Cheryl, your dream gave me a smile because I have those "unable to complete phone call" nightmares all the time. The more urgently I need to call 911, the more I'm unable to make the phone dial it...

Do you suppose this is our unconscious mind "practicing" for a real emergency? Crazy....
Old 02-12-2012, 03:23 PM   #232
Big Yapper!

The Verb-Mister is in the house!

No, it's my subconscious mind practicing to let go of my house and all my crap. I have recurring dreams of needing to fire a gun at someone in self defense and the gun won't work. Or the bullet wimps out on the way to the perp. It's very frustrating.
Old 02-12-2012, 06:32 PM   #233
Major LCF Poster!

Cheryl! I am back home to join you again!

What a dream! I have dreams like that too! SO CRAZY!! Mine are usually scary and involve my kids. I wake up crying! It's terrible!

Sorry to hear about the farm the other day, but like someone else said, some people are so oblivious to other people's feelings. Glad to see that you picked up another day and will hopefully enjoy this part a little more.

Will keep praying about the housing situation for you. Hope you can find a nice place for you and your pooch!

Poor DD1 was up all night puking and has had a fever all day. I hate when my kids are sick. Just praying she gets a good night's sleep and her fever breaks.

Have a great night friend!
Old 02-12-2012, 06:44 PM   #234
Big Yapper!

Stacey, I just replied to your post on the rogue thread. I'm so sorry about your darling little girl. I hope it's just a 24 hour type thing and that it doesn't snatch anyone else in your house.

Yeesh! It's getting windy outside! And it's only in the teens tonight. Better go check and make sure the upstairs sink is still dripping and put some more duck tape on drafty cracks around doors and windows. This house is a pain in the neck, but I'll miss it I'm sure.

I hate terrible dreams! And the funny part was that I knew I was dreaming and could have stopped the dream right then and there, but I wanted to find my purse!

I'm glad you are home safe and sound and that you enjoyed the party! We missed you. Sleep tight, if you can. Praying for you.
Old 02-12-2012, 07:19 PM   #235
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I'm glad you are home safe and sound and that you enjoyed the party! We missed you. Sleep tight, if you can. Praying for you.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:25 AM   #236
Big Yapper!

Welp, only down 1/2 of the bump up, so I took some MOM and all will be right in the morning. It helps to know your body!

Another night of crazy dreams. I'm not taking anything different as far as meds, I just am in a state of flux and my dreams are a vent, like smoke from a volcano. I have 2.5 weeks left (if that last letter was truly correct) to get'erdone.

I just gave my old attorney a call and left a message with his assistant. Maybe he knows of a way to stretch this date a little farther down the road. If he says there isn't, there really is nothing left I can do. I wish I had a rich uncle.
Old 02-13-2012, 03:02 PM   #237
Big Yapper!

REJOICE!!! A MIRACLE HAPPENED IN CT TODAY!

That dog that was missing since last Wednesday showed up in the owner's driveway today! She had just been out posting more flyer's and sobbing all the while. She has been so consumed by this dog's disappearance and many people have been out actively searching for it all week long.

Her collar was still on but the thin wire cable (the kind that is coated that was attached to her dog run) was no longer attached to her. She's thin and loaded with ticks, her nose is dry but otherwise she is HOME!

If God cares about missing dogs enough to work a miracle for this woman (who isn't especially spiritual, but who will be after today,) He will surely see me through this impossible situation I'm facing with this move! My heart is filled to the brim with hope and joy! Thank you, Lord!
Old 02-13-2012, 04:03 PM   #238
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: paulabob
Stats: 204/124.6/110 49%/27.4%/20% 5'2"
WOE: Atkins/hHcg/Optimal whatever works
Start Date: restart March '10
I love it!

Our dog went missing once...think someone took him in and tried to keep him. But he was a determined "runner away-er". He came scratching at the door at 3am on a stormy night! Poor guy had run in a storm...but he was in excellent shape, just soggy.

I was so relieved I woke up the kids and let them get reunited...and it was a school night!

I love happy endings to doggy stories!
Old 02-13-2012, 04:15 PM   #239
Big Yapper!

That's wonderful! How long was he missing? That might be what happened with this dog, too. Maybe she broke free from someone who was trying to keep her for themselves. It's mind-boggling how else it could have taken her 6 days to come home and nobody ever spotted her in the woods, etc.

I lost a dog once, too. Unbelievably it happened one month after my husband passed away. I came home from work one morning and found that the Dalmatian/mix dog had dug out again and the American Eskimo took off, too. She was missing for three dreadful days. I did the usual searching and posting of flyer's and on the third day I got a call saying they had trapped her in their back yard! I was so relieved. I drove right over there and got out of the car. She was so freaked-out that she didn't even respond to the sight of me, but when she smelled my hand through the chain-link fence, she was beside herself with joy! When we got back home, she was pressed up against me like glue.

Thanks for sharing your happy doggie story, Paula! I hope you're having a great week.

PS: After reconsidering, I cancelled the apartment viewing tomorrow. It's too small and too expensive. But when I cancelled, the realtor went back and forth with me in emails. There's a possibility they might lower the rent. If that happens, I will definitely go check it out. She's going to talk to the owner and get back with me.
Old 02-13-2012, 05:20 PM   #240
Big Yapper!

For those of you who are interested in the Biblical meaning of numbers, I just started a new thread in the spiritual support forum. I don't know if it will get deleted due to all the Bible scriptures but if not, you might find this interesting.

Numbers that repeat throughout our lives.

Last edited by CherylB; 02-13-2012 at 05:24 PM..
Closed Thread