Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2013, 11:19 AM   #2161
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Okay. I'm frustrated. I saw on the Yahoo news ticker thing that Mark Wahlberg had to gain a ton of muscle mass for a movie and then drop a ton for another movie he was making. He shed 80 lbs in 30 days. So how did he do it? I quote:

"A different workout, a different diet. Tons of cardio." Well thanks for nothing, Mark! He DID say how he gained the weight so rapidly, but it wasn't fat he gained. He ate 10-12 times per day, ate a lot of chicken and rice and took lots of naps in between. He worked out hard in the gym in the morning then the rest of the way was eat and sleep, eat and sleep. (Also took lots of supplements and those powders for bulking up.)

Why won't he give that kind of detail about how he shed the weight so fast? It's like this great big conspiracy to keep the public in the dark so the "stars" can do things that we can't do. I HATE THAT!!

Last edited by CherylB; 04-17-2013 at 11:20 AM..

Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2013, 11:49 AM   #2162
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
Hi Cheryl.....been reading your journal, just not posting. How can carrots be called a cheat? LOL Now the beer is a different story! LOL
The weather is nice today. We had a bad thunderstorm yesterday. Alot of lightening and thunder and windy. Just a small chance of showers today but 80* tomorrow! How is it there?
I decided to order a new adaptor for this netbook I have. Its a few yrs old, but works great. The cord was lost when we moved.
I saw an interview Mark did and he was talking about that. You're right, he didn't say how he lost it. Secrets! UGH!
Well, bbl.

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

"He who the Son sets free is free indeed"

Tammy
Old 04-17-2013, 05:13 PM   #2163
Big Yapper!

Carrots are high-glycemic veggies, like peas and lentils and corn. I never eat carrots when I'm really in the Atkins-groove.

It was truly lovely today. I think the storm system you got hit by passed just to the north of us. We got a glancing blow and just a tiny little sprinkle out of it.

I saw that you started a thread for support regarding your son and others who are deployed or have been in the past. I'm really glad you're getting a lot of others to rally around and support you in this stressful time. Actually, I was thinking about you yesterday (or was it this morning?) and I almost texted to see how you were, then I found the thread and got to see how you are.

And YEAH!!! GRRRRR about Mark Wahlberg and his secrecy. I want to know what the heck he ate and did. I realize from what he said about his weight gain that it was primarily muscle, so he lost muscle and not tons of fat. But I still want to know HOW HE DID IT.

I got really aggravated with the manager today at the farm, but I'll start another post for that. Speaking of GRRRRR!!!

Last edited by CherylB; 04-17-2013 at 05:16 PM..
Old 04-17-2013, 06:52 PM   #2164
Big Yapper!

Okay. I'm not really in the right place to replay all this because I'm watching American Idol and I'm really distracted. On top of that, I was in a deep conversation with my sister just before this and I was divided between the tv show and one of my favorite contestants and my sister talking about one of her many serious health problems.

And now I'm going to try and back-pedal to the farm story.

Well, I started out with just a note from the manager and I went around just getting a good over-view of what was happening with the horses, water buckets in the paddocks, how the ailing goat was doing, etc. I saw that the horses were all being bothered by the flies and none of them had their fly masks on. Should have been applied when the noon hay was given, cause it must have been happening by that time.

Anyway, I feel like a hero and get all the horses some relief. By that time the volunteer comes and I tell her where I'm at and what we need to do and give her the battle plan for the day. She fills the waters in the barn and hangs the buckets up in the stalls on their hooks, then I tell her she can walk Cowboy is she wants to. Cowboy needs to be hand walked for a while and he's not able to eat grass, so he's stuck in the arena all by himself with a pail of water.

So she's happy that she's going to walk the horse and that I'm offering to do the paddocks while she does that. I like her a lot and I want to give her some fun stuff to do and not always stick her with the basic stuff. She's got great potential and all she needs is experience.

Then the manager comes back from a Dr appointment or something and things start to get mucky. She asks me about the windows in the barn. I tell her I opened the ones that were closed. She asks me why. I tell her because the weather is nice and the wind isn't too strong so it was a good time to air things out. She tells me not to leave the windows partially closed. Close them all the way or open them all the way, cause the animals might get their heads stuck. Then she tells me to make sure they're closed tonight when I leave. I say, "Okay. Close the windows before I leave, never leave them half open. Got it."

I'm walking away and she says to me that I haven't been putting the lid on the grain container at night after I feed the horses their grain. I stop in my tracks and I think about that. I tell her that I'm always sure to put the lid back on the trash can that holds the grain and she says she's found it off. I say, "Okay. I'll make sure I don't do that again."

I'm walking away and I'm thinking to myself, "Did I do that one time and she's making it sound like it's a pattern?" WTH!? I hate being micro-managed and now I'm beginning to really stew about it.

I head off to do the rest of the things that I know need to be done. I'm trying to pretend she's not there. I have a great volunteer and together we can do what needs to be done.

I pass out all the hay and close the doors to their stalls so if we bring them in before 5:30, they won't be in their stalls eating their dinner hay before dinner time and they won't be pooping and peeing in their stalls before necessary. I have always (every single day that I work) gone back through all 7 stalls and picked the manure and urine spots before leaving for the night. I asked the manager about that specifically last week because I wonder if I'm doing more than I am expected to. I never get out of there in the 3 hours that we can supposedly get all this work done in and I want to know "why". What am I doing that I don't need to be doing?

She told me that if they come in before 5:30, the stalls should be mucked out. If they come in at 5:30 or a little after, it isn't necessary. The tone in her voice still leaves room for doubt. Do I or don't I? So I decide that unless the sky opens and rain comes pouring down, they're staying out of their stalls until 5:30. That saves me about 30 minutes every single day. Yea! I'm ironing out the wrinkles and I'm stream-lining my work day. It's all good.

So I bring them into their areas but have their stall doors closed to keep them out until 5:30. It's complicated but the manager is now telling me who to bring in when and all that jazz. Remembering something that the manager drove home to me weeks ago, we can't let the horses out of the lower paddock (right behind the duplexes) without immediately letting the two horses in the paddock at the top of the hill down into the lower paddock. If we leave them up there and they see the horses being brought in for the night, they run around and get crazed, tear up the ground and become dangerous.

So I let Frodo and Charmed into their run-ins. I have the volunteer put Cowboy in his halter and I instruct her to lead him out of the paddock, close the fence ribbons behind her and close the metal gate to the run in before she heads to the barn with Cowboy. (Not to go in his stall, mind you. To be put in the paddock behind the barn, where the minis were during the day. The manager has moved the minis back to their night area and now she wants Cowboy in the other paddock so he isn't standing in his stall longer than he needs to be. We comply.

So Cowboy's on his way out of the paddock and I'm stepping into the upper paddock where Calvin and Lola are. Lola sees what's going on and it's like the starting gun went off. She comes hauling @$$ from the far end of the paddock, running straight for me. She thinks the three ribbons of fencing are down but she plows into the two ribbons that are still hooked up and she rears and turns back. I get her to back up and get the two of them away from the gate area so that I can open the rest of the fence.

Through the opening they bolt. I look down to the area where Cowboy should already have passed through and although he's in the run-in area now, the volunteer hasn't closed the fence behind her. Not only that, she didn't toss the ribbons with their hooks on the ends aside, so they are at least out of the way. Now I see what's coming. I RUN as fast as I can to stop Lola from running through the opening and landing on one or both of those metal hooks. Somehow she gets through without stepping on either one.

Who's standing there watching the whole damn thing? The manager. She's now on me for not waiting for the girl to have gotten out of the run in before letting Calvin and Lola go. I'm hooking the ribbon fence back up and now I'm pissed!!!! I holler out to her, "It seems I'm getting really good at F-ing up!" I never have a problem speaking my mind, come what may.

She walks away and gets in her tractor to go and rake the arena and then she's emptying the manure pit. I'm steaming around trying to figure out who to groom and then whether we should let them into their stalls or if we'll be told it's too soon. Meanwhile, Cowboy's standing still in the paddock behind the barn, just like he'd be doing if we'd just let him go into his stall.

We groom two of the barn horses and put them in their stalls. It's 5 minutes past 5:30 so I don't have to pick their stalls. I got up to let the duplex horses into their stalls and it's already been done. By the manager. So those stalls are being dirtied. Thank you so much. "They wanted to go in and eat their hay." Really? God forbid that they wait another 10 minutes.

I'm going to get the grain ready and start passing it out to each pair of horses. At some point the manager is done with the tractor and she walks up to me to ask if I've soaked Cowboy's four hooves. I said, "You haven't showed me how to do it, so no I haven't." This is yet another new directive coming down from on high.

Horses and goats get grained, Cowboy's hooves get soaked. (Plain cold water. Supposed to cool his feet and soothe his discomfort. Yeah, right.) He's not too happy to have both front hooves in buckets but he settles down and stands still. I start massaging his front legs to give him something to look forward to while he's experiencing something he may not find enjoyable. Manager's standing there and probably thinking, "I should have thought of that."

I groom him while he's soaking his back hooves and manager starts massaging his back. Now we're on the same page. While she's doing that and he's calm, I decide to give the goats a nice grooming. Lucy's having a much better day than she had on Monday when I thought she was in her final few days on this earth.

I'm brushing Lucy (the old goat) and she's digging it. Suddenly she does this spin in a circle and lands on the ground. She's had a stroke or something so she lists heavily to the right side, but what does the manager say to me? "You can't apply too much pressure on her hind legs cause she's got a lot of pain in her hips. " I say, "I really wasn't applying much pressure and I was brushing her side, not her leg or hip area." Lucy gets back up because she wants so badly to be brushed more.

She is leaning heavily into my body. So much so that I'm afraid to step away or she'll fall over. I brace her with my hand until she knows that she needs to stand on her own. Meanwhile, her daughter Ellen is standing in line, patiently waiting for her turn to be brushed. My heart is melting.

I start brushing Ellen and she starts wagging her tail like a dog. She's into it. Then I feel Lucy sliding up behind me and leaning into my body again. She wants more brushing, when I'm done with Ellen! I don't have enough hands for these two darling goats. Lucy gets a little more brushing, then I have to break it to them that I'm going home. They adjust.

I go up to the duplexes and find that Lola and Calvin's stalls have huge urine spots and one pile of poop. I grab the fork and wheelbarrow even though I said I wouldn't. They were let inside before 5:30 and it shows. I can't go home knowing there is this lake in each of their stalls and I know if my heart that if I don't pick their stalls, I will hear something about it from the manager later on. I do the right thing. I do it for the horses who I love.

I sweep out the side of the barn that Cowboy was standing in while his hooves were being soaked. I hear the manager outside the barn, "So I guess you don't approve of how I swept the barn out." She was teasing me, but I had no idea she swept. I got a lot more crud out than she did. Whatever.

She tells me that one of the white bunnies is dying. It's not eating, it's not moving. Somethings very wrong with it. The bunnies are all in the office so I decide to go check them out. The rabbit is just laying there. She's responsive to my touch and kind of leans into my touch but she doesn't open her eyes at all. And her little nose isn't doing that "bunny thing" no matter what I do with my hands. I pet her a while and then I decide to pick her up. She's limp in my hand. I hold her close to my chest and just love on her a while. Then I put her back in the cage with her partner who is still humping her even though she's not long for this world.

I tell the manager as I'm leaving that she should leave the two bunnies together because I think she's receiving comfort from her partner, the way she seemed to when I was stroking her. I hope she keeps them together but there's no telling what happens once I leave.

I no longer care. I'm leaving. I change my time sheet for Monday when I worked four hours and only claimed three, trying to stay within the expectations of the facility. I put in for the full four hours and in the margin where you write why you went over 3, I wrote, "Alone." Enough said.

That's my story. Now I need to post this before I hit a wrong button.

PS: I fully expected her to say something about what I said in frustration earlier but she didn't. If she had, I would have said to her that if she wasn't happy with my work, to let me go and find someone else to do the job. I'm doing my very best and all I freaking want to the freedom to do it without being befuddled.

Last edited by CherylB; 04-17-2013 at 06:54 PM..
Old 04-17-2013, 08:25 PM   #2165
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Hang in there. Try not to take any comments to heart. Maybe just look at all of those suggestions as potential to learn? Don't put too much stock into it, or let it rile you up. You're doing a job you love, where you get to be around horses, goats and bunnies! Try not to get too upset or "borrow trouble". I'm sure they're not nearly as upset or disappointed in you as you feel they are. I suspect they see as much potential in you as you do in that volunteer. Just sayin! We love you and you're doing a great job. Get some sleep and it'll seem brighter tomorrow .
Old 04-17-2013, 08:31 PM   #2166
Big Yapper!

Julie, she's just a woman that you can never please. AND I HATE THAT! I would rather be broke than feel like I'm always doing something wrong. If she weren't physically there during my shifts, I could handle comments on the negative or constructive side in a phone call or email later on. But when she's there mucking up everything, I can't handle it. We are going to come to blows or she is going to find me gone.

I only make $9.50 per hour and it's on the books! I used to make over $40 per hour as a nurse. I could go back to being an inept nurse and only work two shifts a month and still come out ahead of where I am at the farm. Probably ONE shift a month! And inside, in air conditioning and heating.

You're right. I love the work. But I'm beginning to wonder if it's really worth it. The rain, the snow, the wind, the biting insects, the continually changing plan of how we do things, et al. I'm just in need of some seriously positive reinforcement or I'm going to grow more and more unhappy with the whole thing.

Last edited by CherylB; 04-17-2013 at 08:33 PM..
Old 04-17-2013, 08:35 PM   #2167
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
So sorry you had such a rough day. Sounds like your manager was in a bad mood. Bummer she took it out on you.

Hope you have a rest day tomorrow!
Old 04-17-2013, 08:52 PM   #2168
Big Yapper!

No! This is how she is every single day I'm working and she's there. It was not an off day for her. It's just how she is. Hence, my dismay. She's not just this way with me, but we each have to handle her in our own way. The other barn girls are in their early 20's. I'm 50! I don't take much crap from anyone, no matter who they are. When you get to this stage in life, you know how much you are giving of yourself and you don't mind standing up and saying that you are giving all you've got.

If it ain't enough to earn a commendation, then let me go. I'll find something else. I think she knows that's how I'm feeling, so that's why she just let it go. They can't just replace me just yet. I'm necessary. Maybe if she sees that I can do the work without her meddling in my business the whole time, it will go better. But she needs to go away and do something off the farm on her time off from her job as a Paramedic. She needs to go away!

Go on a nice hike with a friend. Have a picnic by a lovely lake. Do something that relaxes her. And me!
Old 04-17-2013, 08:55 PM   #2169
Big Yapper!

Oh! And one key thing I left out of the story: The reason the girl (who was leading Cowboy out of the paddock) didn't hook up the ribbon fence like I instructed her to is because the manager who was standing there told the girl to get out of the way! If she had let the girl do as I told her, the fence would have been hooked back up by the time Lola came barreling down.

Too many cooks!!!
Old 04-18-2013, 06:50 AM   #2170
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lola001
Stats: 68.2/67.1/50
WOE: Atkins 72 post preggy
Start Date: begin 15 April 2009
Oy Cheryl- sounds like you had a really bad day at the farm. I know that you love your work there so sleep on it before you decide to quit.
Take care.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:58 AM   #2171
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The Upper Room - Daily Devotional Guide
This devotional was pretty cool. Have a great day!
Old 04-18-2013, 09:31 AM   #2172
Big Yapper!

I got a lot done today and I haven't even begun to do the inside of the house. I got up around 9:30 and fed the dog, put her out to do her business while I got dressed. She came in and I took off her "home collar" and put on her "we're going someplace collar." I swear she knows the area we are in because when we are getting close to my mothers or my sister Donna's or the groomers, she starts this high-pitched whine. It's all about glee and so when she saw where she was going, She was ready to rock and roll.

When the lady calls me, I will go get her. $35 is a deal for all she has to do with my hairy beast.

So after dropping her off, I came home and decided it was time to go see what was coming up out of the ground at the old abode. So I took a shovel and pitch fork and two large planters and drove over there. I saw my neighbor Heidi sitting on her front porch so I waved and decided to pull in and talk a while. It was a nice but short visit. While I was doing that, the other neighbor named John pulled in and he came over. Got a hug and kiss from him. I am missed. So I said I had to run.

Went next door to my house (still mine, oddly enough) and checked things out. The Iris's were coming up but not putting up the flower shoots yet. I dug up one large clump of those (Mom gave me those from her garden so I put them there.) There was no sign of any Lilies so I had to just scratch my head and walk away. My favorite huge lilies just disappeared. Star Gazers and those huge white ones. They smell heavenly and last a long time as a cut flower.

So then I went over to the small Hydrangea I planted a couple of years ago. It never did very well where I put it because it only got morning and early afternoon sun. I went over to another neighbor's house cause he was in the driveway. I stopped to talk with him a while but he was talking with his cousin who was sitting in his car in the driveway. The guy says to me, "You're car never moves! Every Time I come here, it's right where it is." I said, "I don't live there anymore so maybe that used to be true, but no more."

So that neighbor (Ken) loaned me a pair of snippers so I could cut the branches of the hydrangea down and make it more portable. Got the plant trimmed and went around the root ball and got that baby up out of the ground. Plunked it in the pot and off we went.

Got home and planted the Iris bulbs. Found a good spot for the hydrangea where it will get sun all day long and is even somewhat moist all the time. It's going to be very happy here. Then I dragged the hose around and watered all the newly planted things. While I was at it, I sprayed off the two bird baths and filled them both with fresh water.

BEFORE all that, I did my weekly poop patrol. I did my "duty." ETA: You might not get this joke. Long ago, they used to teach "seeing eye dogs" to go potty by saying, "Go duty."

Now I'm tired and so I decided to stop and rest a while before I get the call to go get the dog. I'll need to swing by the bank and get some cash. I don't like writing checks. I think cash is a better transaction for all concerned. Maybe it helps her out, too. Damn tax collectors have to have their greedy little paws in everything you do.

I'm not going to go crazy with cleaning the house. Just focus on the kitchen, bathroom and vacuuming. The rest looks fine as it is. Not sure where I'll go in the morning so I won't be here when they come. She's supposed to be living here, after all.

Have a nice day, ladies.

Last edited by CherylB; 04-18-2013 at 09:36 AM..
Old 04-18-2013, 02:09 PM   #2173
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Feels so good to check things off your list hey?

I've got to do a house-cleaning too... have company coming over for dinner. Mostly just vacuuming & mop kitchen... then cook. Will have to count it as my exercise. Doubt there will be time for exercise on top of that.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:51 PM   #2174
Big Yapper!

Yes it does, Debby. I took a little nap late afternoon and now I'm doing the cleaning, organizing and condensing. I stopped to watch the results show for American Idol and then I'll be back at it.

Tomorrow is the walk-through at 11:30 (don't really want to be here) and then picking my Mom up at 2 and meeting my sister Donna at Chili's at 2:30. Been very off-plan since making this date with my sister. Having a lot of second thoughts about dieting in general. I'm so tired of it all.

I've been watching and re-watching this documentary on Netflix called, "Ride the Divide." It's mountain bikers riding in a race from Banff AB to Mexico. I love it because it's got everything. So inspirational. Filmed so well with great soundtrack. And you see each rider from beginning to end and see what they go through; physically and spiritually.

Do you know what they eat? CARBS. What we would call junk food. And they get away with it because they are athletes. And our bodies are built (by God) to burn carbs for fuel. I don't know why He made us this way, but He sure did.

When the one and only lady on the race wasn't getting enough carbs and was eating more protein, her legs swelled up like sausages. She suffered with the swelling and discomfort for many many miles and then she decided it was time to quit the race. They show her in a motel room at night with her legs elevated on pillows; a shopping cart full of carbs by her bedside.

Next thing we see is she's back in the race. And she never complains of leg swelling again for the entire rest of the race. She makes it to Mexico.

These people are FIT. The guy who won the race was eating pie and french toast and every other thing that we (LC people) would consider to be almost poison.

Maybe my body is simply trying to tell me something. All these tests I've had done are coming back normal. Yep! The MET test is "normal." Even with my HR in the 170's being on a beta blocker to keep my heart from getting that fast, it's normal. I'm done.

So all these tests are normal. I should be jumping for joy! But I still have these symptoms and no answers. And then I watch this program and I think, "Maybe I just need to hit the gym and do massive hours of cardio and eat more carby foods and less protein and fat?

If nothing is wrong internally, then the answer is I'm a suffering from what happens to a person when they've lived a sedentary life. So there's only one thing left to do. MOVE and move a lot. In fact, maybe I need to start riding my bike the 4 or less miles to the farm when I work. (I'm afraid to do that with all the distracted drivers on the road today.)

I need to become an athlete if I want endurance, stamina and strength. Whether I'll put out the effort to become one remains to be seen. But I think this is what I need to do.

PS: The long-awaited lab results were called to me. Cholesterol is perfect and everything else is normal. Big surprise.

Last edited by CherylB; 04-18-2013 at 05:54 PM..
Old 04-18-2013, 06:16 PM   #2175
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
Cheryl, I know how you feel. I have decided that cooking and eating make me HAPPY, and I don't want to focus on every bite i eat. Whether it's GOOD or BAD

So funny, cause i decided to eat what I want and just enjoy my food and I made a LC supper !! Didn't even realize it till I posted it on my journal ( not sure if you've ever read it )

Cooking relaxes me and that's what i'm after....... Hope you continue to feel better and so glad your results were amazing !
Old 04-18-2013, 07:29 PM   #2176
Big Yapper!

I must confess. I haven't been to your journal, Laura. I don't know why but I just can't recall ever going over there. I have about 12 threads that keep me busy on most days. I don't even go on the main LC forum to see what other threads are buzzing out there cause there are only so many hours in the day.

And now that I'm seeing what I need to do to make myself better, there are going to be far fewer hours spent on the keyboard. It's going to be hell in the beginning but I guess there really isn't anything wrong with me except lack of movement and exerting myself. The gym is going to have to be a big part of my week. It is what it is.

I hope I can grow to love it the way I was beginning to last year. Then I will be a healthy and fit camper, no matter what size I am. Thinness doesn't equate fitness. There are lots of chunky people out there that can walk or jog marathons and do triathlons. I don't want to be one of them, but I'll just have to see where I end up.

Goodnight, ladies. It's 10:30 here and I just finished a major cleaning jag in the apartment. Tomorrow I rise at 8 and finish up, then I want to be out of here before they arrive. I might take Cissy for a walk. Sleep well!

Last edited by CherylB; 04-18-2013 at 07:31 PM..
Old 04-18-2013, 08:09 PM   #2177
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lola001
Stats: 68.2/67.1/50
WOE: Atkins 72 post preggy
Start Date: begin 15 April 2009
Hi cheryl- good going on the decision to be more active and getting more often to the gym. I also want to be more active than I am right now.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:04 PM   #2178
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Interesting speculations Cheryl. Hope you can find "moderation" somewhere in there & enjoy a healthier life.

I've come to the decision that my diet is better than the EFGT one for me. But happy to know how to do it & also to have added the salt.

What's the walk-through about? Are they selling the place?

G'nite!
Old 04-19-2013, 07:06 PM   #2179
Big Yapper!

Hi, ladies. No, she's not selling. She was approached by some organization urging her to get an appraisal to see if she can refinance for less money. She decided to give it a try. He came and checked out both floors and probably the basement and attic as well. He took pics and all that jazz. I hope it works out well for her.

She came an hour before he was supposed to come so I wasn't even dressed or bathed yet. I threw my clothes on and went outside to greet her and found out she had bought 20 bags of mulch and was getting busy tidying up the flower gardens. So I helped her get the bags out of the truck and we ended up having a nice visit that lasted 3 hours.

I went inside to see the time and saw I had 30 minutes to get ready and be at my Moms. So I texted her I'd be late and still managed to get there before 2:10. We had a pretty good meal at Chili's but the best part for me (by far) was the chips and queso. I would have been happy to only have one of those to myself and a beer.

Mom ordered "crispy chicken tacos" and thought she was getting hard-shell tacos. She didn't get that at all, so I swapped her my bacon ranch quesadillas instead. We ended up sharing a little of this and a little of that. Then I drove Mom home, checked out her cute little bird houses that are hanging in the trees just behind her apartment and then went home.

In one of the bags of mulch, out came this small cluster of bulbs with live roots on it and a dead stem. I have no idea what it is and it surprised the landlady and me. So I put it in some nice soil and we shall see what becomes of it. Talk about suspense! It's in a pot in the house.

We are on the cusp of a pretty nasty storm system. It's supposed to start booming any time now. Will wrap this up and ttyt. Happy and loving life. Little by little, getting to know and love who I am, where I am. How bad can that be?

Hope you're all well this evening. Sleep tight.
Old 04-19-2013, 07:10 PM   #2180
Big Yapper!

Oh! And a huge "PS." I got word that this journal (like my first one) has become too large and they need to close it down. I have to start a new one and so I need to come up with a name. Soon as I do that and start the new thread, this one will be closed. I'll post the link to the new one here soon as I think of something apropos.
Old 04-19-2013, 07:48 PM   #2181
Big Yapper!

Be I Thick or Be I Thin, I Didn't Come to Play, I Came to Win!!!

Please come on over to the new journal. I'm letting the Admins know they can close this one down.

Good bye, Journal #2! 3rd time's a charm!!
Closed Thread