Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2013, 07:01 PM   #2131
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Pretty creek, will be beautiful when grass turns green.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2013, 07:35 PM   #2132
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
Nice pics Cheryl!
Old 04-11-2013, 09:19 PM   #2133
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Ooh, pretty creek! I love waterfalls Even little ones like that nice creek! I really miss living by water . Glad you enjoyed it!! You're doing great!
Old 04-12-2013, 08:54 AM   #2134
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Thanks, ladies. I really will start leaving my camera and camcorder in the car so I can take better shots and video. A video is worth a thousand pictures, as far as I'm concerned. Then other people can relive what you saw. I got hooked on video when my husband was alive because he couldn't see pictures, but when we played back our videos, he could see them perfectly. We had a VHS-C camcorder back then and the cassettes only could tape 30 minutes at a time! We sure have come a long way, but you couldn't beat that camera's zoom. It went the distance (pun intended) and stayed in sharp focus. I've never found another one that I could say the same about.

Raining steadily today. I have my last test this afternoon at 2:30 (The Met test.) So I will go to the Dr's office and try to get myself to the point of failure (during the test) so they can see what is going on when it occurs to me in real life. I want to fix whatever is wrong cause I really do need to be able to live! Atkins is helping a great deal but it's not the answer. I want the answer.

Poor Cissy had to go potty in the rain. I opened the door so she could see what it was like out there, and let her decide if she needed to go bad enough to brave the weather. She said she was fine with it, so I put her coat on (only have one and it's not a rain coat, but it helps keep the majority of her dry) and put her out. It was a quick trip and when she came back in, she got a vigorous towel drying. She's my girl!

Also on the agenda for today is to get my tax forms, finally. Taxes are due on Monday, as far as I know. I haven't heard of any extensions so I have to do it this weekend. I hope I can find the necessary documents. I am a real mess. Hopefully I tossed the social security stuff right into my filing cabinet. Then I have to figure out what I paid for car taxes last year for the state income tax form.

Okay. Gotta get busy. BBL. HUGS! Have a great day, everyone.
Old 04-13-2013, 07:45 AM   #2135
Big Yapper!!!!

Yep. I did my mom's yesterday but forgot to have her sign them! I think we'll still mail them off. I don't have time to run over there again today. Hmmm, I'll have to figure something out w. that.

Hope the rain lets up or is at least a bit warmer. Cold rain stinks! Hope you have a good test today and can duplicate that feeling. I think?
Old 04-13-2013, 12:30 PM   #2136
Big Yapper!

Forge, baby. Forge. They won't check signatures. It will be fine. Or maybe you can make an X for her signature and sign it with your name as her tax preparer. Would that work? Make a weak X, as though someone with limited writing ability made it. I guess I should shut up now.

The test was yesterday. Didn't I tell about it? Maybe I just told my sister and didn't post it here. Yep! That's what I did. I'll tell a little but then I have to do the taxes and get them behind me.

The test is designed to push you to your limit and it did just that. By the time I stopped, I was ready to rip my mask off and slug the woman! Not really but I was that distressed. I was sweating and said I was done. She asked if I could go one more minute and I said, "ONE!" I kept the RPMs as close to 60 as I could but it was slipping under. I said, "How much time left?" "Just keep going." I said "I'M DONE! You said one more minute." Then she explained that there were only a few more seconds left to complete the minute. If she had said that, I would have said, "Okay."

The bicycle seat was incredibly uncomfortable and my @$$ was going numb before we ever got going. But you have to sit quietly for 3 minutes just breathing and not talking before you begin to pedal so you can't do a thing about it. I had her lower the seat about 4 times and in the end, it still could have come down one more time. And my right hand was going numb from putting pressure on it on the handlebars. I couldn't really remove them because I was connected to wires and other things and when I would move, crap would fall off the bike, etc. (I don't have carpal tunnel, but my right hand goes numb when I grasp things.)

The maximum my HR got was in the 170's (and I'm on a beta blocker, so that's bizarre) and my diastolic BP never got into the 100's. I told them that I feel my worst when I am standing on my feet and moving around, usually up a slight incline. So sitting on the bike didn't really get me all the way to what I experience at the farm.

I will get the results sometime next week, I think. I hope it indicates something cause if it doesn't, I'm done with tests for a long while.

So how are all of you doing this fine Saturday? It's 3:30 and I haven't had anything but coffee so far. I'm not hungry, just busybusybusy. I'm washing my clothes. Time to throw them in the drier and look for tax documents. Wish me luck. Prayers will be appreciated!

Last edited by CherylB; 04-13-2013 at 12:31 PM..
Old 04-13-2013, 01:47 PM   #2137
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh those tests are torture, hey?! I did one once, on a treadmill... they said they'd just have me walk, but I had to run right off the bat!

Took some cute pics of Shelby playing in our new snow this morning... really cute.

Camera+ ~ photos by Debrdave Or for bigger, see my page.

Praying for taxes to go smoothly!
Old 04-13-2013, 02:43 PM   #2138
Big Yapper!

"New snow"? You got more? Good grief!

I was starting to do my taxes when I realized (to my horror) that I grabbed the wrong form. I can't use the 1040EZ because I don't have normal "income" and have no W2's. So I just got back from doing the same exact thing I did yesterday, racing from place to place, looking for the forms before they all closed. The first three places were closed and I got to the fourth 12 minutes before closing time. It was the library in my own town, the closest place to me. I assumed they would be closed.

They had the form but not the instruction book. So I had to pop the book out of the binder and make copies. I got it all done and got out of there before they closed and I just thank GOD that I can now go back to my resting heart rate. Adrenaline was racing!

Gonna go check those pics of Shelby now.
Old 04-13-2013, 02:46 PM   #2139
Big Yapper!

What's she so interested in that tire swing for? She's really cute.
Old 04-13-2013, 03:01 PM   #2140
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh Whew! Bummer you can't do it online. I got my forms online & can fill them out & print them off... I realize your printer is not working though.

I guess my commentary only shows up on facebook... Shelby's playing with the swing... making it swing & grabbing the rope. Its pretty comical, especially when it hits her back!

I've got to finish doing my FBAR forms so I can send them off on Monday too. Won't have to get an extension this year, if I get it done. Fortunately I have last years that I can just change the amounts on & print & should be fast, once I figure out all the accounts... I even have to report my church's accounts, since I have signing authority on them...

Hope we both get it done!
Old 04-13-2013, 03:34 PM   #2141
Big Yapper!

Debby, I always have done them online and then "e-filed." I haven't done the paper taxes in about 6 years but what they do is they offer to e-file the federal taxes for free, but they get you by charging $20 to file the state tax form. This year I'm doing them for no charge; just the cost of the postage stamps.

I just made a Chicken Enchilada! It was really good and completely legal. I took some chicken breast off the rotisserie chicken I bought the other day, diced it up and tossed it into the frying pan. Put a sliver of butter, a spoonful of red enchilada sauce, a few shakes of tabasco and some salt. Fried that up a while, then topped chicken with lots of shredded mexican-mix cheese (bought in store). Covered the pan to trap in heat, removed cover, added another spoonful of sauce, recovered. Took spatula and loosened around the edges and the bottom, then slid it out onto a plate. I was out of sour cream so I put some ranch dressing on the side. It tasted great! Very filling, too. It's a keeper!

I ate it with a fork and it was sort of like a Tostada without the corn tortilla. I love that I am learning to make Mexican food LC. That is something I have had a really hard time living without when on LC. I'm going to keep playing around with Mexican foods and see how wild and crazy I can get.

I'm tired so I'm going to settle down for probably the rest of the night. See you all again tomorrow.
Old 04-13-2013, 04:27 PM   #2142
Big Yapper!

One more post for those of us who love salads that are extra yummy. Julie was talking about a salad she had today and it reminded me of one my sister and her daughter make. I want to make it someday but seems like a lot of work and a lot of money. Also seems silly to make for one person. I'd have to make one serving at a time and just make it daily. That's how my mom does it.

It has a name!
Christmas Pomegranate Salad

Baby spinach
Sliced toasted almonds
Pomegranate seeds
Avocado
Gorgonzola cheese
Apples (Golden Delicious or Granny Smith)
Balsamic Vinegar
Good Seasons Dressing Packet
Extra virgin olive oil

And here are "Pomegranate secrets" my bro-in-law shared with me, on how to get the little seeds out:

Peal off the flower end. Cut about 1/8th of an inch deep all around the entire fruit. Turn and cut once more so you have it quartered. Put thumbs into the flower end and peal apart like an orange.

Supposedly no mess or fuss with that method. This salad is divine!
Old 04-13-2013, 07:29 PM   #2143
Big Yapper!!!!

That sounds yummy! I've never had a salad w. pomegranite seeds in it! I do love that combo w. balsamic, nuts, blueish cheese, fruit. So yummy! I'll add that to my repertoire. Thanks!
Old 04-13-2013, 08:26 PM   #2144
Big Yapper!

It totally , Julie. In fact, at that same meal, they also made a "roasted root veggie" sort of thing with loads of garlic in it and I'm sure it wasn't low carb but I look forward to eating that again. Those two dishes make me think that I could live quite happily as a vegetarian.

I found out something tonight that I would like to share with you all, so you won't make the same mistake I made. I took an Avocado and mushed it up with some cream cheese, salt and warmed it all in the microwave to make it more malleable. Then I blended it with a beater. Sounds yummy, right? Avocado doesn't go well with cream cheese. Stick to sour cream! The two flavors just don't "fit" together.

I'm still awake at 11:30 pm and I hope to be getting sleepy soon. Was just watching "Into the Wild" again on Amazon. I bought the movie a while back. Sometimes I watch it and still enjoy it but it's sad how it ends. I love movies and books based on real life events. Anyhoooo,

Goodnight. Sleep tight and God bless you.
Old 04-14-2013, 01:58 PM   #2145
Big Yapper!

It's so quiet around here today! Must be that everyone either 1: Has a life or 2: Is busy doing their blasted taxes. I did mine but really didn't have to. As far as "the feds" are concerned, my income is not taxable because it is so low (well, last year it was) but CT wants everyone to file. So, I did. I'll send them off tomorrow. No refund and don't owe.

Next years taxes are going to be a nightmare. I can't think about that right now. I will be hiring a professional and I don't mean H and R Block. Someone who comes highly recommended and isn't charging an arm and a leg.

Speaking of recommendations, did I mention that my auto mechanics just closed up shop? Phone disconnected, everything on the inside of the store is gone but all the outside signs are still up. Not even a sign on the door to thank their patrons for their loyalty. Zippity doo da. Now I need to find someone else. They were so close to home that I could walk there in 5 minutes flat.

I assembled my "city pickers" planters. All casters are in securely and now I just have to buy the right plant mix and fertilizer. I'm pretty excited! I need to decide what I'll be planting and how I will be stabilizing the tall and lanky stuff. I hope things grow as well in those as they say.

I was looking closely at the front porch. There is one small column at the outside end and then there is a good area beside and between two bushes (in the shape of a fat L.) That's where I'll lead the zucchini and cukes out onto a platform to keep them in the sun and off the ground.

My main reason for wanting a garden is simply tomatoes. Home grown ones are the best thing ever. And I can take the excess and freeze the basic sauce, or really make home made sauce and freeze those up. My Mother and sister make a really wonderful sauce and I don't know if I've ever made it myself. It's a family recipe and I'm 50 years old! Time I made some, eh?

My Mom keeps getting confused about when I work. Every time I call her, she says something about it. Today she thought I was working because I told her that in May, I'd start working from Sunday through Wednesday. I sent her the schedule so hopefully that will help, but I don't think it will. She's just getting older.

I'm not going to wait until next month to get the soil and lime and fertilizer. I want to get things going. Then again, I don't think the gardening centers even have the little "plantlings" yet. When I was there last week, it was just the cold-weather crops and a bunch of pansies.

In the booklet for these planters, it says things like brussel sprouts can be grown in them. I've grown brussel sprouts and they basically become a TREE and they take up a ton of room. I don't see how you could grow anything other than brussel sprouts in that container, if you chose to. They're pretty cool to grow, though. I think I'm going to skip those.

I'm thinking a couple varieties of tomatoes, green beans, zucchini, cucumber, yellow squash, (I would grow peas but I'm LC'ing), maybe broccoli (though I've never had any luck growing that), some fresh herbs and maybe something fun like small pumpkins or gourds. I'll just run those out into the area beside the porch and they can grow in and around the bushes. That should be enough for my first season using them.

Have any of you ever grown garlic? How about Artichokes? A home-grown artichoke must taste amazing! I wonder how much space they need. Think I'll google!

Hope everyone is having a nice day today.
Old 04-14-2013, 05:12 PM   #2146
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Cheryl,

Sounds like a fun project you're working on! I've gardened before, but I grew tomatoes, peas, carrots & squash. We had raised-beds that dh build, and when he got fertilizer, he filled my raised beds with manure, but it had grass seeds mixed in it! Pretty much wrecked my opinion of gardening. Every morning (no exaggeration) the grass blades sprouted up! EVERY morning!!! hours of weeding for years... not my idea of a good time. Those veggies were the most expensive things ever if my time is worth anything... I tell everyone that asks me if I garden... "I'm a liberated woman" But fresh veggies do sound heavenly!

I've been catching up on a few things today, resting, walking, etc. What a nice Sunday! Rode our motorcycle to church this morning (42 F)... a wee bit chilly, but fun.
Old 04-14-2013, 05:34 PM   #2147
Big Yapper!

CHURCH BIKERS!! I knew I loved you for a reason.

I wouldn't want to garden after an experience like that, either. But with these things, they are virtually pest and weed proof. We shall see but I don't see bunnies and deer and whatever coming up on the porch to nibble on my edibles. And with the covers that come with them, there will be no way in for other vermin and flying creatures. At least that is the theory.

I'm glad you had yourself a lovely Sunday. I enjoyed mine, too. Monday cometh and here we go again!
Old 04-15-2013, 10:08 AM   #2148
Big Yapper!!!!

Good morning Cheryl! I'm glad you're done your taxes. It's such a pain! Those planters sound great. I agree, home grown tomatoes ate the best! My dd(12) is a tomato addict, so we have 2 cherry tomato plants growing. They're her favorite and very forgiving.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Debby, I always have done them online and then "e-filed." I haven't done the paper taxes in about 6 years but what they do is they offer to e-file the federal taxes for free, but they get you by charging $20 to file the state tax form. This year I'm doing them for no charge; just the cost of the postage stamps.

I just made a Chicken Enchilada! It was really good and completely legal. I took some chicken breast off the rotisserie chicken I bought the other day, diced it up and tossed it into the frying pan. Put a sliver of butter, a spoonful of red enchilada sauce, a few shakes of tabasco and some salt. Fried that up a while, then topped chicken with lots of shredded mexican-mix cheese (bought in store). Covered the pan to trap in heat, removed cover, added another spoonful of sauce, recovered. Took spatula and loosened around the edges and the bottom, then slid it out onto a plate. I was out of sour cream so I put some ranch dressing on the side. It tasted great! Very filling, too. It's a keeper!

I ate it with a fork and it was sort of like a Tostada without the corn tortilla. I love that I am learning to make Mexican food LC. That is something I have had a really hard time living without when on LC. I'm going to keep playing around with Mexican foods and see how wild and crazy I can get.

I'm tired so I'm going to settle down for probably the rest of the night. See you all again tomorrow.
That sounds delicious! I just made a pork roast in the crockpot w. green salsa and some ro-tel - delicious! I had it w. some cheese on top in a bowl. cheap and easy!

Hope your foray into gardeing is both enjoyable and rewarding! You're doing great! Have a great week!
Old 04-15-2013, 10:26 AM   #2149
Big Yapper!

That sounds yummy, too! I love when a pork shoulder roast comes out just right. It falls apart and is so delectable. Thanks, Julie. You're doing great, too.

I was just thinking about what I wrote on your journal, about a trip down to see my cousin in WPB FL this Fall. I have a goal to lose 10 lbs each month on Atkins. If I can manage to achieve that, I'll be in the area of 160 by the time I hit the road! I'll be able to handle the drive so much better at that weight, don't you think? I'm psyched about it even more now.

I will work on getting my cars maintenance done each month. Maybe I can buy three new tires (bought one new one last year) and take care of a couple other things. It's a great relief knowing I have a credit card for emergencies. And I'll be taking Cisco with me. All Motel 6's allow pets so as long as I can locate those along the way (should be a cinch with a GPS), I'll be good to go.

I'm going to really make this happen, with God's help. I am thinking all I need is a week and a half to make the journey. That would give me 5 days to spend with her and I can still make the drive comfortably.

Need to get my head out of the clouds and go make something to eat, then get ready for work. Supposed to be dry with just a chance of a light sprinkle. TTYL.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:03 AM   #2150
Big Yapper!

Julie~ I was writing this response to your post on your journal and then I decided it would be better to post it on my journal rather than yours. I'll tell you it's here so you find it.

That would be nice but nobody in my family really knows her and I want to have just one-on-one time with her. Over the 3.5 years of doing travel nursing, I made that journey by myself with just a dog maybe twice each year. Maybe even more! But I had a good relationship with my step-daughter and her family in Virginia Beach and each time I drove through, I'd stop and stay for a while. It worked out great. But now they are in New Orleans and we have grown apart. Her hubby's in the Navy.

Sorry your dh has that little quirk. He must be a good hubby in a lot of other ways, though. I hope you and the girls can do CA again by yourselves.

You're making me want to pack up and go with you!!! I've never been to a tropical island. Just Block Island, Long Island and Martha's Vineyard. And a coastal "island" off the Georgia coast, but you drive over a bridge to get there. That doesn't count.

If I go to FL in the fall, I think it might be nice to take my cousin down to the Keys. I've never been there and I know she likes it. If we do that, I'm going to need to extend my time in FL and take more time off work. I don't want to make it a real hardship on the farm girls but it's high-time I took a vacation. I know in my heart that this will be the last time I see her. She's getting pretty close to 90.

The last time I had this feeling (the need to go see someone because it had been so many years since we were together) was with my Dad. It had been 7 years and I just had to go to FL and see him (He was in WPB and that is when I met this cousin for the first time. She is his cousin and my second cousin.) Well, I had a really good visit with him that time and then I drove to CT to spend a few months at my sisters over the holidays. I drove back to WPB to do a travel assignment and just a month after I started working, my Dad had a massive stroke.

It was such a horrible thing, but my being there and having an apartment enabled two of my sisters to fly down right away and to stay with me. He was in the hospital for about 4 weeks and then had complications; aspiration pneumonia being one and heart attack being the other. He was alert and oriented but couldn't speak or doing anything for himself. He made it clear that he didn't want to live like that. He refused going onto a respirator the night he was having the pneumonia and after he made it through that night (don't know how he did), we put him into Hospice.

So I listen to my feelings when they come upon me. I thank God I was there with him during that time and when he passed. How horrible it would have been if I had chosen a different location for a travel assignment.
Old 04-15-2013, 06:32 PM   #2151
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm so sorry for the loss of your father, but I'm really glad you were there! I know how that feels, having lost my dad almost 6 years ago. I was with him when he passed (wish I hadn't been, not a pleasant experience) but at least he wasn't alone. Follow that little voice. I'm learning to listen better to it myself.

I hope you can make the drive easily enough and how cute you'll have the doggie too! You'll love the keys!! I can't recommend it enough!! I was there mother's day 2005 and we loved it!! It's just beautiful everywhere you look. I got to swim w. the dolphins at the Dolphin Research Center in Grassy Key!! Loved it!! It was my reward for losing and keeping off the 100lbs. I completely enjoyed the whole time there. Just beautiful. Just FYI though, there aren't beautiful beaches in Key West. There are cool restaurants and shopping and the water is lovely, but not the white sandy beaches you picture. The other keys have better beaches.

Here are 2 pics from the Keys. The sunsets are just lovely! And the other one is me being pushed along by 2 dolphins!! One of the highlights of my life!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5920.jpg (36.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6048.jpg (66.1 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by julieboolie; 04-15-2013 at 06:34 PM..
Old 04-15-2013, 07:29 PM   #2152
Big Yapper!

Oh, thank you for sharing your pics!! I have always wanted to swim with Dolphins. In fact, when I was a teenager, I wanted to be a Marine Biologist. If I go to FL this Fall, I'm going to make the time to take my cousin to the Keys. It will be special for her, too. She always says how much she loves it there. But from WPB to the Keys, it will be quite a drive. Worth it, though! If I can swim with Dolphins too!!

That's so odd that the Key at the very end doesn't have great beaches! I wonder why. Maybe the storms batter it to the point that beaches disappear?

Now, about my day. I was all alone at the farm. That girl wasn't there (I didn't miss her) and apparently she's giving up on the whole farm work idea and wants to volunteer inside with office stuff. That's perfect for the office manager cause she needs lots of help. But I was ALL by myself. No manager, no director, nobody at all.

And I had one of my "episodes" for the first half of the time I was there, which was the time I was doing all the paddocks. I can only assume that my heart was really racing, like it did during the MET test last week. I sat down when I needed to, and when I actually had something to sit down ON, and I drank lots of water cause I did feel a little parched. Finally when the paddocks were done, I started to rebound.

All the horses except for one were caked with dry mud. I couldn't let them go to bed like that, so after I turned them all in and gave them their hay and grain, I went down the line and did just the basic groom and hoof pick. Each stall is covered with their shedding hair from my use of the shedding blade, but nothing gets large areas of dried mud off faster or easier than that thing.

The three minis were in a different paddock and they are notorious for being next to impossible to catch. And we aren't to chase them. So I got the donkey in his harness (or SOME body's harness; no clue which goes to whom) and he went willingly to the other area with the shelter, but the two mini horses wouldn't let me near enough to trap them. And when I took the donkey away, panic set in with the mini horses. They clearly don't want to be divided and conquered. They were racing around and bucking and whinnying. Melodrama.

Finally I gave up and brought the donkey back to be with the other minis and then they settled down. But that wasn't where they live. I couldn't do anything else about it. I gave them their dinner hay and grain in the paddock where they were. What choice did I have?

I didn't get out of there until 8 pm. I was writing the note for the manager when my phone rang. Then I'm telling her about my time at the farm rather than writing it down. I left the windows partially open. Last time she said to leave them open and she'd close them later at night check if it was colder. This time she wanted them closed. I said I'd go back out and close them and she said she'd be home in 2 hours anyway, and she'd close them. She will also grab the minis and put them in their other paddock. Why they moved them in the first place just boggles my feeble mind.

She said she was sorry, that she didn't realize that the director wasn't going to be there. She knew the volunteer wasn't coming but she figured I'd at least have the director to pitch in and help. I said I did my best and it was okay. I actually told her it was "a refreshing change" to have nobody around. I hope she didn't read into that.

Took the dog out to go potty and then locked the door behind me. I made time at the beginning of my shift to snuggle with Bugsy, my favorite bunny. He's a doll.

Goodnight! Tomorrow is approaching and I want to be asleep when it arrives.

Last edited by CherylB; 04-15-2013 at 07:43 PM..
Old 04-16-2013, 07:41 AM   #2153
Big Yapper!!!!

I bet you slept well! Hope you're feeling refreshed and encouraged that you handled all of that work alone!! WTG!! Sorry you had another "episode" But you pushed through, rebounded and finished well! I'm impressed!!

Definitely, if you do the Keys, stop at that Dolphin Research Center. It's along the way to Key West. Even if you don't take the time for the swimming, there's a shorter interaction w. the dolphins, which is cheaper too. It's $199 to swim and get in the water w. the dolphins, they push you along, pull you for a ride, and you get to "dance" w. them too. And a kiss! It's really magical! It's been 8 years since I was there and I still remember it vividly!
Old 04-16-2013, 08:12 AM   #2154
Big Yapper!

Ouch! That's a little steep. On top of the cost for the rest of the trip and dinners out with my cousin and such things like that, I don't see swimming with the little slippery darlings in my immediate future. But I'm glad you got to experience it for yourself. What a wonderful reward for 100 lbs gone forever!!

I slept well. Partly because I drank 2 beers. I did a spot check weigh in today and I'm just hanging around in the low 200's. I know from last time that it takes a while to break into the 100's because of set points and all that stuff, so I'm going to have to buckle down and do this more by the book for a while. No more booze for now.

I'm going to enjoy my day off today. I earned this one! My kitchen is in dire need of attention so I MUST just suck it up and take care of it. I've been putting all my energy into the farm and home has just become the place I return to in order to crash. And it shows, too. I'd hate to have anyone over right now, and God forbid that the landlady wants to come in to do something. I'll have to pretend that she's coming tomorrow and play a little game to get myself moving.

But first, coffee. I brewed a pot but it's still in there. Gotta go rescue a cup! BBL

Last edited by CherylB; 04-16-2013 at 08:14 AM..
Old 04-16-2013, 08:30 AM   #2155
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Have fun cleaning your kitchen & having a day off!
Old 04-16-2013, 11:13 AM   #2156
Big Yapper!

I'm a good Mom!! I finally took Cissy for a walk. We went up the street a little ways. I wasn't sure where we were going, but I wanted her to be able to take her time and thoroughly sniff anything that excited her. Then I saw the Fish and Game sign which is literally like 5 houses away from my own. I decided to duck in there and check it out.

I'd seen some guys up there on the rim of that pond through the woods. I'd be standing at my kitchen sink and see them. That got me wondering about what was actually back there. Well now we know!! Cisco got to be let off the leash and she swam to her hearts content. She even got psyched about a couple of Mallard ducks that came and landed and she was tracking them back and forth from the ground, then she set off in pursuit through the water. Dog was going for it! But then she turned around, realizing it was only going to happen in her dreams.

So I stood there on the banks of that pond and I got to see the waterfall which becomes a deluge and floods our property from time to time. It's a lovely waterfall! It's about 15 feet wide and plunges straight down about 20 feet or more. Then the river carries on down the line, behind our property and those of our neighbors.

I was able to see from that perspective what stands between our yard and the pond. Yes, there is an area of marsh, but it's dry before and after that area. I know because I climbed down the hill and started walking through the brushy area. There are things like skunk weed (or whatever they're called) beginning to grow but I can see that it wouldn't take much time or effort to make a path and put down planks to walk over the worst of it.

I'm going to ask the land lady is her property goes all the way to the pond. If so, I'm going to ask her if she has a gas-powered chain saw. I have one but it's electric. It might take a full day or even more, but I am confidant I could get through there and make a nice wide path. I have the muck boots to do it!! And I'm well-acclimated to mud and moisture.

In the summer (unfortunately) that middle pond gets covered with lily pads. I wish it didn't, but it does. Upper Pond doesn't have that problem so I'm not sure why Middle Pond does. But I'm a member and it would be so cool to really have easy access to the water. (BTW: That really is what they call them.)

Somebody who was fishing caught a 12 inch Pickerel and just let it die. It was along the shore, just wasting away. Fishing season hasn't started at the Fish and Game so somebody was being sneaky. I don't know if Pickerel are good to eat but they could have at least let it go in a timely fashion so it could live. Maybe they look at them as nuisance fish and didn't want to keep catching more of them.

I used to love to fish but I used to have a man to take the fish off the hook and clean them. If I fish now, it's all me. I found a nice lure on the dam, too! It's one of those glittery fish that are jointed in the middle and have that little plastic lip in the front so the faster you reel it in, the deeper it dives. I'm going to have to go fishing this year.

When they have Opening Day, it's right after they stock Upper Pond. I don't think they add fish to the Middle Pond so that might actually be the best pond to fish in. They say that stocked Trout taste funny. My Uncle told me that. Don't know first hand.

In other news, I have a date this Friday to go to Chili's with my sister Donna. I haven't seen her since my sister Teresa's birthday party at the pizza place a month and a half ago. I got a coupon for free chips and queso and it has an expiration date so I'm going to treat myself and have one day off plan. You have to order an entree so maybe I'll go with the fajitas and skip the flour tortillas. I don't have to go "whole hog" when I cut myself a little slack now and then.

This is going to be huge so I'll post now.

Last edited by CherylB; 04-16-2013 at 11:21 AM..
Old 04-16-2013, 12:38 PM   #2157
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
I bet Cissy was so excited !! I can just picture you both enjoying that......you have such a great way with words and are so descriptive Love it !!
Old 04-16-2013, 01:36 PM   #2158
Big Yapper!

Thank you, Laura. I think that stems back to when I was married to a blind man. I always tried my best to describe things for him so that he could share in the experience more. God rest his soul.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:46 AM   #2159
Big Yapper!

Went off plan yesterday. I know I did it because I planned to do it this Friday at Chili's and that's my old way of thinking. I'm going off in a few days, so what difference does it make if I go off during the days leading up to that day? Then I tell myself I'll be right back at it the day after.

So I ate a pizza and drank beer. Then I had a late night snack of baby carrots with ranch dressing and salt. I love those little carrots with ranch dressing. Wish I could have them on LC. They seem so innocent.

Farm today. Lovely outside. Great helper will be with me the entire time. I hope we can get done by 6:30 or at least before 7. I'm going to aim for that. We might have to hustle but we can work it out.

Have a great day, everyone.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:48 AM   #2160
Big Yapper!

PS: I guess I didn't tell you that my landlady needs to bring an appraiser into the house on Friday at 11:30 am. She says she's not selling but wants to know its current value. That is exactly what I needed to get my @$$ in gear and get this duplex shiny and clean.
Closed Thread