Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2012, 07:15 PM   #181
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Well, I hope you're being strong in the face of all that temptation. I watched the game and I just don't understand why they just "let" the Giants make that last easy touchdown. I know they had a strategy, but OMG did they screw up when they did that.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2012, 07:40 PM   #182
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Gremom
Cheryl, I hope your sweet mama is okay. That was a great last 5 minutes!

Tammy, very happy for you! Your house sounds just fantastic!

I ate too much tonight, but all the food was legal, so to speak. Not one item in the high carb/sugar at all. That is an accomplishment for me since I love tortilla chips and dip. And I passed right by them. YAY!
Old 02-06-2012, 08:23 AM   #183
Big Yapper!

Great or horrible, depending on your point of view! I was confounded by how they played at the end. As far as Mom goes, I think she'll live. She lost the bet to my bro-in-law and she's buying us all pizza. (I'll skim off the top, whatever day that ends up being. It won't be for quite a while, I'm guessing.)

I'm down 10 lbs!!! I woke early and saw the same number as yesterday, so I went back to bed to try and sleep some more. Then the next time I weighed, I saw the magic number. So I'm finally back in the 60's again!!!! Getting nearer and nearer to VT and I'm feeling great!
Old 02-06-2012, 08:42 AM   #184
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/136/129-131
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Great or horrible, depending on your point of view! I was confounded by how they played at the end. As far as Mom goes, I think she'll live. She lost the bet to my bro-in-law and she's buying us all pizza. (I'll skim off the top, whatever day that ends up being. It won't be for quite a while, I'm guessing.)

I'm down 10 lbs!!! I woke early and saw the same number as yesterday, so I went back to bed to try and sleep some more. Then the next time I weighed, I saw the magic number. So I'm finally back in the 60's again!!!! Getting nearer and nearer to VT and I'm feeling great!
WOW, Cheryl, back in the 160's already!!!! WTG. KUTGW! You are ROCK'in IT.
Old 02-06-2012, 08:47 AM   #185
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catjrow3
Stats: 240/177/150
WOE: NK - LCHF
Start Date: 05/18/2013 (restart of course)
Great job Cheryl!!
Old 02-06-2012, 08:50 AM   #186
Big Yapper!

Thanks, ladies! I am so pumped to get back to VT again. Now I just have to go 10 more lbs to see a V number! Woohoo! God willing I'll get there by March 1.
Old 02-06-2012, 09:27 AM   #187
Major LCF Poster!

YAY Cheryl!!! Just like you called it! WOO HOO!!
Old 02-06-2012, 09:52 AM   #188
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Cheryl, you ROCK! Congrats!
Old 02-06-2012, 10:11 AM   #189
Big Yapper!

Thanks, ladies! I hope you are having a great day too, and a wonderful week ahead for us all.
Old 02-07-2012, 11:12 AM   #190
Big Yapper!

Hey, ladies! Doing great and down another whole lb, but I suspect I may have a little rebound tomorrow. I was bad yesterday and had some wine. That usually causes dehydration so remind me of this tomorrow when I'm "whining." (I love when things like that just come out, don't you?)

Today is farm day and it is another sunny dry one. I expect some wind so will try and protect my cheeks somehow.

Today is also the 12th anniversary of my hubby's passing. It sometimes slips by me without me remembering it, though I remember it as it approaches and after it has gone by. The pain is completely gone this many years later and it just seems like it happened to some other person in some other lifetime. The first two years were full-on grieving, but then it was as if God just lifted it from me and ever since that time, I've been fine. (Thank you, Lord!)

So I'm down to 168.6 today, so an even 66 lbs gone and 28.6 left to go. I'm doing it!

Hope everyone has a great day today. I'll check back in again tonight, after I return home.
Old 02-07-2012, 01:39 PM   #191
Major LCF Poster!

Hopefully that pound will stick! You never know! And I will be sure to remind you if you whine!

Have fun at the farm today! It was a nice day here too. Hope your cheeks don't get wind burn. That really hurts! Here's to staying warm!

Praise God that He has led you out of the grief over your hubby. It is nice to have a God that we can rely on and not have to rely on our own pathetic power. You are a strong lady, Cheryl!

Can't wait to hear about the horses!
Old 02-07-2012, 03:27 PM   #192
Big Yapper!

I'm back but I'm really tired. I have about six threads that all have new posts and I don't know if I'm going to get through them all tonight.

It was just me and the hired girl but she was riding with the founder of the organization, so it was just ME. They rode and rode and rode. I did all the chores, one by one. Finally the girl named Donna showed up so she helped do some of the things I had been doing alone.

Somethings just not right about that. I am a "volunteer." I shouldn't have to do so much of the grunt work. I should be "helping." Oh, well. Some days are more annoying and bothersome than others. I just want to be sure that I'm being recognized for all that I'm doing.

I groomed one of the horses and put two of their night coats on them. First time I did that alone, so now I know what I'm doing. I gave all the horses their waters and plugged all the buckets in, gave all the horses their hay (but she said I didn't give them enough.) Cleaned one paddock and a couple corrals (for some reason a few of the horses were still in their stalls and corrals.)

There were all eating hay from the moment I got there, which was just about 3:40. Normally they are out in the paddocks, eating hay. But then when we bring them in for the night and give them more hay, it's a specific amount. So since they were already filling their faces, I tried not to give them their full allotment of flakes. I guess I need to get over the fear of over-feeding them.

Then I gave a couple of the horses their grain and tried to slow the hell down for a bit. Got a short bunny and kitty fix, fed the goats their grain and then eventually it was all pretty much done and I said I was going to go sign out. I did get a "thanks alot" out of her before I left.

I can't let this stuff eat away at me or it will prevent me from moving up the ladder and doing more of "the good stuff." I'm low man on the totem pole so God give me the grace to just do it with gladness. I just love being there. It's a passion that I'm so thankful to be able to explore finally.

I have yet to eat today. Just coffee and water. I did take my vitamins and luckily didn't get nauseated from them. Normally I need more in my stomach than fluids when I take vitos. So it's time to go make some dinner but I'm too pooped to really care. I guess it can wait a while longer.

I hope everyone has a lovely, relaxed and peaceful evening!

PS: They have always said that the horses who are paired up together should always be fed their grain at the same time, walked together, etc. Well today they were riding Daphne who is partnered with Big Red and he was going NUTS. If he could have jumped over the paddock fence, I'm sure he would have. He was running around and bucking and generally frustrated to be separated. He could see her in the distance and he couldn't think of anything else but HER. I was in his paddock cleaning it and I was glad to finally get the heck out of there.

Last edited by CherylB; 02-07-2012 at 03:31 PM..
Old 02-07-2012, 03:58 PM   #193
Big Yapper!

Here's my handsome honey on our wedding day, less than four years before his death. (Excuse the quality of the image. It's a scanned photo.)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Scanned Pictures; Pre-digital age 028.jpg (65.2 KB, 25 views)
Old 02-07-2012, 05:46 PM   #194
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Here's my handsome honey on our wedding day, less than four years before his death. (Excuse the quality of the image. It's a scanned photo.)
I LOVE IT!! You look so happy! Pictures are so special!

GIRL, you had a busy farm day today! Sheesh! You had to have a good workout from all of that at least. And just remember, God is seeing all that you are doing and HE appreciates it and that is really all that matters. So hard to always think on that. Trust me, I know! I feel so unappreciated as a stay at home mom, but I know this is what I am supposed to do. All for His Glory. Okay, I'm done! And even though they may not show it, they may appreciate you more than you think. You keep doing what you are doing and keep doing it well. I am sure the horses, bunnies, kitties and goats are glad you are there!
Old 02-07-2012, 07:13 PM   #195
Big Yapper!

Thank you, Stacey. AND THANK YOU FOR BEING AN AWESOME STAY AT HOME MOM!!!!!

Yes, we were happy together for a while. We just had so much horrible stuff to cope with in our six short years together. I hope and trust that he is indeed "resting in peace."

It's after 10 pm so I'm going to say goodnight to all you lovelies. Sleep tight!
Old 02-07-2012, 07:38 PM   #196
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: paulabob
Stats: 204/124.6/110 49%/27.4%/20% 5'2"
WOE: Atkins/hHcg/Optimal whatever works
Start Date: restart March '10
Wow, he sure was a hunk! Love the wedding pic, and love your description of the horses...

Hard to believe you only had 4 years. You are such a strong lady! Hope you are feeling well tonight!
Old 02-08-2012, 08:04 AM   #197
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Thank you, Stacey. AND THANK YOU FOR BEING AN AWESOME STAY AT HOME MOM!!!!!
That made my day! Thank you!
Old 02-08-2012, 09:00 AM   #198
Big Yapper!

I'm glad! You lift me up, so it's only right that I manage to do that for you sometimes.

Thank you, Paula. He was a sexy man and it was the one and only time in my life where love was truly mutual in it's sincerity and intensity. I wish things had turned out better for us, but I'm glad for the good times we shared. It is enough.

More great scale news today! No wine-rebound, and I'm down another 0.8 lbs! I think the farm stuff is really helping me to shrink and tone and improve my cardiovascular system. It's a win-win-win situation! And as long as Stacey keeps telling me that they can't handle my awesomeness, I will have everything I need from the equine care world.

I'm just so tickled right now, with how this round is going. It gives me great hope that I can reach goal by April. I hope it continues!!!

Have a wonderful day, lovelies!
Old 02-08-2012, 09:50 AM   #199
Major LCF Poster!

Cheryl, this is all I have to say:
Old 02-08-2012, 10:23 AM   #200
Major LCF Poster!

Great job Cheryl!! Whoo hooo.. You are rocking it this time around. KUTGW
Old 02-08-2012, 10:24 AM   #201
Big Yapper!

That says it all.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:27 AM   #202
Big Yapper!

Thanks so much, Cathy! I think the physical activity is making a huge difference. I have always been such a "slouch." Now I am working my body hard at least two days each week, and I'm even using the treadmill and walking outdoors sometimes. I make sure that it isn't just a walking session. I add in a few minutes of jogging just so I can work up to more jogging. I have always wanted to be a runner and maybe now, at this time of my life when my weight is going down, it is time for that. My knees will thank me!
Old 02-08-2012, 10:32 AM   #203
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Thanks so much, Cathy! I think the physical activity is making a huge difference. I have always been such a "slouch." Now I am working my body hard at least two days each week, and I'm even using the treadmill and walking outdoors sometimes. I make sure that it isn't just a walking session. I add in a few minutes of jogging just so I can work up to more jogging. I have always wanted to be a runner and maybe now, at this time of my life when my weight is going down, it is time for that. My knees will thank me!
Yes, running takes a while to "incorporate" but I love the good sweat of a nice long run now! I remember when I was still around 200/190 lbs and trying to run and I could not do it for even 20 seconds... and it took forever to make it 10 minutes without stopping, now (when not injured) I can run about 50 minutes without stopping and longer with stops... so take it slowly and know you will get there eventually. Even when I was heavier, I could run a long time.. (once I worked up to it)

I love exercise, makes me feel better and energized. Glad its doing the same for you!!
Old 02-08-2012, 10:49 AM   #204
Big Yapper!

I used to love exercise. I had worked up to loving it. I was in the Air National Guard for a few years and worked out in their gym on my one weekend a month, then I was also living in the dorm at nursing school and using their meager equipment in the basement, walking on my lunch breaks, taking the stairs rather than the elevator, and walking at a local high school track.

It's work and I don't think it's ever "easy", even when you are a routine, seasoned fitness person. I think it will always be a bit of a push to get moving but I do get that rush from all the blood pumping through my veins and all that added oxygen to my tissues. I can already see an improvement in my cardiovascular system, and that's what I needed the very most.

Edited to add a little gripe about the English language. "I before E except after C, or in the case of "neighbor and weigh'." Isn't that (roughly) how it goes? Well, "their" doesn't follow that rule at all. I can see "vein" but "their" is outside of the parameters. I hate that!

Last edited by CherylB; 02-08-2012 at 10:52 AM..
Old 02-08-2012, 01:26 PM   #205
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
You have become the incredible shrinking woman! LOL You are doing great!
You and your husband were a great looking pair. Cherish the time you did have together.
Your time at the farm is really "picking you up" and its nice. Look at you exercising now!!! I can "see" a great improvement in you. Keep it going!
I lost .7 (I think thats what it is) today. I'm sticking to protocol today and see if I get a bigger loss tomorrow.
Old 02-08-2012, 01:33 PM   #206
Big Yapper!

Yea Tammy! Thanks for the compliments and encouragment. I am feeling great and happy with the progress I'm making. It will be interesting to see what my second-week losses are. So far I'm doing better than I'd hoped for a weekly average! I hope it keeps going!
Old 02-08-2012, 04:05 PM   #207
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
You're always giving out compliments, so its your turn!
I did excellent today, BUT I'm craving carbs big time! I think its all this garbage in the house. Cupcakes, pumpkin roll and chips! Yikes!
Old 02-08-2012, 04:18 PM   #208
Big Yapper!

Wow! If I had to live in a carb-rich environment, I don't know if I could survive. Being single I control what is underneath my roof. Pros and cons to everything, right?
Old 02-08-2012, 07:08 PM   #209
Big Yapper!

Good night, my little muffins! Just came back to tuck you all in. Sweet dreams! I hope I lose on the scale tomorrow because I kind of went overboard today.
Old 02-09-2012, 03:51 AM   #210
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: paulabob
Stats: 204/124.6/110 49%/27.4%/20% 5'2"
WOE: Atkins/hHcg/Optimal whatever works
Start Date: restart March '10
Quote:
Good night, my little muffins! Just came back to tuck you all in. Sweet dreams! I hope I lose on the scale tomorrow because I kind of went overboard today.
I hope so! I had a nice loss even after my full calorie P3 day (with a single serving of pringles ). Not even in my house but they have them at church for the kids (and I am a big kid!)

You are rocking your round for sure! Keep it up, it's giving me motivation to do my own...someday!
Closed Thread