Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
Hope you sleep better tonight.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2013, 09:21 PM   #2012
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Hi Cheryl,
Sounds good. To be sure, if money in pocket leads to things bad for you, best not go there... or take some of your handy anti-drink pills!

Seeing you have so many problems with sleep sure makes me thankful to not suffer that. Do you think it has anything to do with menopause or peri-menopause? Or have you always had this problem? I had problems sleeping when I was peri... took different herbal tinctures & they worked for me. Hope your package comes soon!

How cold was it there? It was pretty cold here this morning, snowed part of the day, then turned beautiful & sunny, with occasional snow flurries breaking in here & there. Very strange! But fun.

Good night, sleep tight!
Old 03-21-2013, 11:32 PM   #2013
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
I'm taking the Antabuse daily. I've always (pretty much) been an insomniac. It was almost always a better fit for me to work nights than to try and make a day shift work. But to live that way now is not good for my lifestyle. I think we got up to 37 degrees or so today. We head down into the 20's every night.

I went into ovarian failure in my early 20's so I guess I've been in perimenopause or menopause most of my adult life. I know that sounds strange but it's true, according to blood work results. I have hot flashes and stuff but it's something I just have to live with. The Dr won't put me on any type of hormones due to the risk factors. Just a cross I need to bear, I guess.

It's 2:30 here and I am just having one more of "those nights." I didn't work up the energy and/or the drive to flip the mattress. I didn't bother making that tea, since it didn't help me last night. It really was tasty, though. Not mediciny or anything like that.

So, that's all there is to report right now. Will try to get into my most comfortable position (right side-lying with left leg bent at a 45 degree angle) and see if I can catch some zz's. I hope the rest of you are sleeping soundly and having sweet dreams.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:39 AM   #2014
Big Yapper!

Slept until 1 today but it was finally a restorative sleep. My eyes are no longer burning! It just took forever to get to sleep and I just hate my life revolving around my ability to turn off my brain.

Cloudy with snow showers presently. Just went out to check the mail. Filled the bird feeder on the front porch and that was the end of my productiveness.
Old 03-22-2013, 01:51 PM   #2015
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi
I'm watching Dr Oz... said Guna Sleep - homeopathic is good!

Maybe you should run to the Health food store!
Old 03-22-2013, 03:30 PM   #2016
Big Yapper!

I called the mail order pharmacy and they still have not shipped out the medication so I just went and got it filled locally. I was afraid the co-pay was going to be a lot more than it was through mail order and it wasn't. I waited a week for nothing. Live and learn, and then live and learn some more.

Thanks for the suggestion, Deb. I'm not a fan of Dr O but I'm glad that you enjoy his show. Many people do. Have fun with the grandkids and the sleep-over tonight.
Old 03-22-2013, 03:39 PM   #2017
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ah, sorry.
Glad you got your meds again.
Sleep well!!
Old 03-22-2013, 10:57 PM   #2018
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Cheryl, so glad you got your med. Hopefully you are sleeping peacefully right now.
Old 03-23-2013, 10:08 AM   #2019
Big Yapper!

Yep! Slept well. Still took a long time to fall asleep but did sleep deeply and long. Now that is resolved, we can talk about other things. YEA!!!

It's a sunny, windy day in the upper 30's here in CT. I have no plans so will stay home where it's warm. Hope all of you have a lovely day.
Old 03-24-2013, 03:11 PM   #2020
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That's great~
Enjoy your toasty-warm indoor day!
Old 03-24-2013, 08:41 PM   #2021
Big Yapper!

I've been spending time tonight, going through those "memorable" posts that are compiled for all time on LCF. I stumbled upon one that is a place for those to post their before, during and after pics and that led me to someones journal. I skimmed through it and watched her shrink and it gave me a real boost. She did it using Weight Watchers but reading her menus, I knew that wasn't going to work for me.

To be totally truthful with myself, the only thing that makes sense is Atkins. Not Atkins without ever making exceptions, but Atkins as the rule. Reading how the WW PP plan was, it was a lot of prepared stuff so it had lots of "frankenfoods" and wasn't in the least bit healthy. I mean, she could have cooked her food and then it would have been much better. I just didn't like that approach. I've done WW in the past and I remember how I always went over my points.

So Atkins really is the best fit as far as a WOE that I need to commit to. I had been thinking about trying the Carbohydrate Addicts Diet plan, but that is three meals per day, no calories in between and only one snack per day (after the first two weeks.) My coffees would be a problem on that plan. And then I don't know how I would do with that one reward meal where you can eat starches and sugars in one hours time, if in balance with the meat and veggies and salad you're also having.

I miss the me that used to be excited at reaching the goals I was setting. I miss tickers that showed how far I'd come, and how far I had left to go. I miss all of that! I miss it enough to get back on the horse.

I'm still operating on a shoestring budget until the 3rd, but then I can go shopping and buy some things I'm in need of. April is going to be my first full month back on a LC lifestyle. And God willing, I will put the scale up high somewhere so I don't think to get on it every dang day. I need to trust the process and use my clothes and how I'm feeling as my indicators of how I'm doing.

Off to bed now. Hope everyone is well tonight. Hope you had a very blessed weekend. Sweet dreams.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:53 PM   #2022
Blabbermouth!!!

Soo glad you thought it out and found something you think will work well for you

Hope you sleep well again. I have sweet Shelby ( who kicks and rolls all night ) so I doubt
I will sleep well, but it's worth it <3
Old 03-24-2013, 09:48 PM   #2023
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sounds good Cheryl,
The 3rd isn't too far away. I'm glad you're getting a "plan" in your mind. Plus time to figure out how you're going to orchestrate it. God bless you each step of the way!
Old 03-25-2013, 08:23 AM   #2024
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Glad you're sleeping!! Such a blessing we take for granted!! I hope it continues for you and you're feeling refreshed and rejuvenated! And Atkins is always a good idea! I maintain well with it, but can't seem to lose anymore w/ it. Hope it'll help me stabilize once I'm den w/ this round.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:35 AM   #2025
Big Yapper!

Thanks, ladies. Laura, Shelby is a little darling! Is she a girly girl? She looks like she is.

I just snarfed down a peanut butter and orange marmalade sandwich and chased that with all my vitamins. Now I can accomplish ANYTHING!! Fortified and ready to rock and roll.

It's scary how I just tank at the farm these days if I don't eat something before I go. It's like I have low blood sugar but all the times in the past that I thought that was the case and even bought a glucometer to check, my sugar has always been fine. Something is seriously not right, though. When it happens I find it difficult to stand up, let alone actually do work.

That happened to me last Monday and I went into the house at the farm and ate whatever I could find. That ended up being dry saltine crackers and some cola. I swear the cracker would hit my tongue, soak up what little moisture there was in my mouth and then not dissolve or soften at all. If someone had walked into the kitchen and asked me a question, it would have taken a full 60 seconds before I could answer them.

I wish there was a LC bread out there that actually tasted good. I really miss the ability to eat sandwiches when on Atkins. With a LC bread alternative, I could eat BLT's from now until the cows come home and not screw up my diet. The PB&J would work but it would have to be natural PB and sugar free jelly. Too many "ifs" in that sandwich.

We have a little storm playing just to the south of us. It keeps trying to slurp up into CT but so far it's not making it here. I will try and find my raincoat so I can at least attempt to stay dry today at the farm. It isn't supposed to rain hard but just enough to mess things up.

I haven't been to the farm since last Wednesday. It feels like forever! I need to start going more often, now that things are finally warming up and staying above freezing. Going as a volunteer gives me time to play with one or more of the horses and actually practice the things I've been learning. With no time to practice, it doesn't sink in.

I think the Glucosamine and Chondroitin has been making a difference! I take 2 each night at bedtime and I do feel less achy and sore. Time will tell how it affects my left hip, but I am hopeful. $20 gives me 3.5 months of the supplement. God bless Costco!

Well, have a splendid day, girls. TTYL.
Old 03-25-2013, 12:54 PM   #2026
Blabbermouth!!!

Glad it seems to be helping you ! Have a great day at the Farm

And, yes, she's definitely a girly girl.......
Old 03-25-2013, 12:55 PM   #2027
Blabbermouth!!!

not sure if this will work :
/Users/lauralou82/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Masters/2013/03/24/20130324-123050/579156_10200917293153335_140826206_n.jpg
Old 03-25-2013, 12:56 PM   #2028
Blabbermouth!!!

nope oh well I'll put it in my journal ... it's Shelby in her costume at Halloween. She would dress like this EVERY day if we'd let her !
Old 03-25-2013, 04:59 PM   #2029
Big Yapper!

Oh, wow! Little princess through and through. Very pretty girl.

I had a rough day. I ate and so I thought I would feel great but I felt just like I did last Monday when I had "hit the wall." It was the exact same way today, so it's not the food. I don't know what the heck is going on but I know that it's not normal!

I was told the Echo was normal but they want to do two other tests because I have hypertension and high cholesterol. They called me today to set up the tests and one of them is going to be tomorrow afternoon. This is called an ANS test and it takes 20 minutes or so. It has something to do with checking my BP as I am standing up, sitting down, etc. Please, God! Let them figure out what is wrong with me!

It is so mucky at the farm that I finally took a spill. I was leading one of the horses out of their paddock and the mud just wouldn't let go of my foot. The momentum of my body was already moving backward but when my foot didn't follow, down I went. I landed in the mud with the left side of my body. I got back up and took the horse to his area. Thankfully, he didn't take advantage of me being flat on my @$$. I owe him one.

The other test they want to do on me is a stress test but one that they do in their own office. It's using a bicycle and not a treadmill. I never heard of one like that but I'm willing to do any test that they are willing to try on me, if it will help me find out what's wrong. So the stress test will be done in a few weeks. In the mean time, I will just see how it goes and hopefully will have helpers when I'm working. Today I had none. (Well, someone did groom the three horses in the barn but other than that, I was on my own.)

The paddocks being as they were, I didn't even try to clean them. Whatever hay and poop was out there is still there. The poor horses couldn't wait to be rescued, so that was my first priority when I got there. I brought them in to a dryer area. That gave their mud time to dry out enough that I could brush them good before putting their sheets on for the night. Almost all of them rolled.

I'm really concerned about this thing I keep going through. I've never felt that way when I've eaten. I just assumed it was a low blood sugar deal, but if it happens even after I ate a solid meal, what could it be? It has to be cardiopulmonary in nature. I'm going to get to the bottom of this. I will keep having tests done until I get an answer and find out how to make things better.

I'm going to rest for the remainder of the evening. God bless you all and I'll ttyt.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:28 PM   #2030
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi!
Wow, that's great that you're getting tests done tomorrow. Just when you came to that conclusion. I hope they can help you easily fix it!
Getting thyroid tested too? Adrenals could be an issue as well?
Is all this covered by insurance? hope so!

Have a good rest.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:46 PM   #2031
Big Yapper!

I sure hope so! Sometimes I'll get a co-pay bill for certain tests done in the office so I'm hoping these tests are completely covered. Maybe I'll try and get the lab work drawn tomorrow too. I also have an order for a chest x-ray. I might as well try and get all that stuff done while I'm down in that area.

I've had the spit test done from home (Adrenal function) and that came back normal. That was at least a year ago but I won't do that again without a Dr's order. Maybe then my insurance will cover it.

All I know is that I'm a great big MESS! Help me, Lord! Don't let me do myself in now, after I've come so far with your blessings. Help me to live the best I can with the time I have left.

Sleep tight, ladies. I'm off to la-la land soon.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:09 PM   #2032
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hope your day of "tests" goes well. It will be good to find out & treat what needs it. Sometimes we "work-against" our bodies. Like exercise is for hypothyroid people... when we "push" into heavy aerobics, we actually do more harm than good. (we kind of know that internally, but because everyone tells us to, we over-ride what we are feeling). We need to move more - for sure... but we need to do it in a way that's beneficial to us & our condition.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:48 PM   #2033
Big Yapper!

Thank you. I did the ANS test, then drove to imaging center for chest x-rays. I would have done blood work too but I wasn't fasting. I'll do labs tomorrow. And tonight, I do the over-night apnea monitor again.

Hope we all have a restful and pleasant evening.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:18 PM   #2034
Blabbermouth!!!

Hope you are able to get some answers soon cheryl ! Glad you are having lots of things checked out. That sounds scary how bad you feel at work...... they need to figure that out.
Sleep well sweetie !
Old 03-27-2013, 10:08 AM   #2035
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Praying for you that you find the cause of this issue. Sorry you're feeling this way. I would guess BP was involved, or the regulation of it. I have low BP and when I get up too quickly (esp w. hcg) I get VERY weak and lightheaded. Thankfully it passes quickly, but it's amazing how something so simple can impact my overall health. I'm sure it's frustrating. Hope your left hip is well w. that fall.

As for LC "bread" options, I love the LC tortillas. We make bfast burritos (eggs, bacon, cheese) and turkey, bacon, mayo and lettuce roll ups. So good, portable, filling and don't stall me . I hope I can find them while we're away on vacation. Great for transporting lunches for day trips.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:47 AM   #2036
Big Yapper!

Thanks so much for all your prayers, ladies. I need for them to figure this out. I like your idea of the BP, Julie. I'm going to take my automatic BP cuff with me and put it in the barn in case I start to feel badly again. I can at least check that! I also need to figure out where my glucometer is hiding. If I have any strips left, I can do a spot check of my blood sugar during an episode, too. Anytime I've done that check, it's always been fine.

Julie, what brand of LC tortillas do you buy? I have tried Joseph's (Netrition) and used to think they were good but I've heard that Mama Lupe's are better. I guess I could get used to making a BLT in a tortilla wrap but I really would prefer to just make it the old fashioned, traditional way. Maybe it would taste the same but who knows?

I got the results from the chest x-ray today. "Normal." That's great news, considering my sister Bonnie died right before her 41st birthday from non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma. A normal chest x-ray is what I wanted to hear. That calms some of those fears right off the bat.

I did the apnea monitor thing last night and will return that machine to the Dr's office tomorrow. I slept too late to do the lab work today. Probably better that I wait until tomorrow anyway, considering all the junk food I've been eating. Not good to eat like that the day or two before having your cholesterol checked.

I need to go make something to eat before I get ready for work. It's mild but still windy. Mud will be deep but the manager is now putting the horses down lower so we are giving the other paddocks time to heal. Please pray that I don't "tank" today at work. That's much worse than falling in the mud.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:28 PM   #2037
Big Yapper!

The farm went well. It was cool, sunny and windy. There was a bit of "musical horses" going on because we were using the Arena as a paddock, but one of the lady's came to work out three of the horses. So they were all being shuffled around in order to make that happen. After she was done doing her three (she had to leave,) I worked out three others. The seventh horse had been groomed by another lady who was working with new orientees, and then they put him into his stall. I didn't think it was right to pull him out of his stall and go work him in the arena. In his mind, he was done for the day.

Everyone was muddy but dried mud. That is easier to clean off so I was happy about that. It's so nice that the sun isn't set by the time I'm done doing what I need to do. Soon we'll have the large outdoor water containers set up and we won't need to use the ones that need to be plugged in. And the fields will be lush with green grass and the horses will have all day to munch on it. That is, between therapy sessions with clients.

I didn't tank today so I don't know why not. I had taken my BP machine just in case but it didn't happen so I didn't need to check myself. I got to hold and snuggle with my favorite bunny when I went inside to write my note for the manager. He was happy to be snuggled. He needs a lot more snuggling and I'm just the woman to do it. Then I gave both bunnies (three, actually) a piece of a carrot.

Had to swing through town and fill up on gasoline, so it had to go on my credit card. I couldn't make the gas last long enough to get to payday next Wednesday. I will just have to deal with it. I was offered to pick up an extra shift on April 7th but it's a morning shift. I said I'd do it, but she's not sure if she'll even need me to take it yet. Too many dang ifs. Mornings bite but they are 4 hours vs the 3 hour shifts in the pm. I need $$$$!

Sleep tight, ladies. I'm going to settle in for the night. Have to head down to the Dr's office when I wake up to return the apnea monitor thing, and then I'll go and get my lab work drawn. That means I have to remember not to have coffee when I get up. Will put a sign on my coffee pot just in case.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:31 PM   #2038
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi
That's great that your Xray came back normal. Whew!

I eat corn tortillas. Guess they're not low-carb though.

Hope the farm went well for you.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:43 PM   #2039
Big Yapper!

Oops! I just posted about my day. Go back a page and read it.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:58 PM   #2040
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
The farm went well. It was cool, sunny and windy. There was a bit of "musical horses" going on because we were using the Arena as a paddock, but one of the lady's came to work out three of the horses. So they were all being shuffled around in order to make that happen. After she was done doing her three (she had to leave,) I worked out three others. The seventh horse had been groomed by another lady who was working with new orientees, and then they put him into his stall. I didn't think it was right to pull him out of his stall and go work him in the arena. In his mind, he was done for the day.

Everyone was muddy but dried mud. That is easier to clean off so I was happy about that. It's so nice that the sun isn't set by the time I'm done doing what I need to do. Soon we'll have the large outdoor water containers set up and we won't need to use the ones that need to be plugged in. And the fields will be lush with green grass and the horses will have all day to munch on it. That is, between therapy sessions with clients.

I didn't tank today so I don't know why not. I had taken my BP machine just in case but it didn't happen so I didn't need to check myself. I got to hold and snuggle with my favorite bunny when I went inside to write my note for the manager. He was happy to be snuggled. He needs a lot more snuggling and I'm just the woman to do it. Then I gave both bunnies (three, actually) a piece of a carrot.

Had to swing through town and fill up on gasoline, so it had to go on my credit card. I couldn't make the gas last long enough to get to payday next Wednesday. I will just have to deal with it. I was offered to pick up an extra shift on April 7th but it's a morning shift. I said I'd do it, but she's not sure if she'll even need me to take it yet. Too many dang ifs. Mornings bite but they are 4 hours vs the 3 hour shifts in the pm. I need $$$$!

Sleep tight, ladies. I'm going to settle in for the night. Have to head down to the Dr's office when I wake up to return the apnea monitor thing, and then I'll go and get my lab work drawn. That means I have to remember not to have coffee when I get up. Will put a sign on my coffee pot just in case.
Hey! So glad you didn't "tank" today... were you eating "cleaner" today? You mentioned you didn't want to get your blood tested after eating "junk"... maybe its a blood sugar issue?

Isn't it wonderful when the sun shines!?! Its acting like spring here today too so awesome!

Funny about the note on the coffee-maker... I'm doing much more of those kind of "notes" too, these days.

Have a wonderful night's sleep!
Closed Thread