Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2013, 06:42 AM   #1921
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Lynne! What a happy surprise to see you, and what a wonderful post to give me. I'm really touched and happy to know you're "out there", tagging along with me. I forget that this is a very public way to write a diary, so to speak. I guess I need to watch what I say.

Truly, my day has already been a great one and it's not even 10 am yet. Thank you, darling. God bless you! And thanks for what you said.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2013, 07:46 AM   #1922
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Waving hello! Enjoy that sun!
Old 03-05-2013, 08:06 AM   #1923
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Good morning!
11 F degrees here this morning!! But going to be sunny.
Have a blessed day!
Old 03-05-2013, 08:54 AM   #1924
Big Yapper!

Wooo! Stay warm, Deb!
Old 03-05-2013, 03:37 PM   #1925
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kgirlpure
Stats: ( 5'5")181/164/130 age 48
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: january 2014 again
Hi CherlB---we are expected to get hit with the snow! i know i can get some sympathy from a fellow horse person. its hard to trudge through that stuff just to get to the barn. then the hauling water( we have pastures with opens individual stalls in the barn to let them go freely in and out , but lock them in in bad weather). and the clean up of stalls during and after, i am so not looking forward to. good news , unlike up north, the snow should melt quickly( we are averaging 45 degree and should hit 60 by next week) come on spring! not sure if you are getting any but good luck!
Old 03-05-2013, 03:47 PM   #1926
Big Yapper!

Hi, Kgirl! Nice to meet you. Have you come to check out our horse-lovers thread? Come on over! You'll be welcome and we have lots of horse lovers participating. Lots of great pics, some videos, etc. Yep... another snow storm. We're averaging around 40 degrees and I think we're supposed to edge up a few degrees over the next week, but I really don't trust our forecasts in southern New England. It's such a crap-shoot. It's really sad.

How many horses do you have? Tell me more! If you'd rather only tell your story once, come on over to the horse thread. Here's the link:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/be...-need-one.html
Old 03-05-2013, 04:48 PM   #1927
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
How many horses do you have? Tell me more! If you'd rather only tell your story once, come on over to the horse thread. Here's the link:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/be...-need-one.html
Hi CherylB...i tried the thread, but for some reason it wont let me in. it says the following...
kgirlpure, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

The post or thread may have been deleted.
Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access
administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

I have 16 Horses. All mine, no boarders. some old timers, just lawn ornaments, some babies. lots of work this spring breaking 2- 3 year olds. getting old so i am really not looking forward to it. but once i get into the swing of it and not so worries about dieing, it gets easier...
Old 03-05-2013, 05:14 PM   #1928
Big Yapper!

Oh, you know what? I think you have to have so many posts before you're allowed into the Playground forum. Just keep posting here and there and it will all count toward your total posts and soon you can join us!

It's the "Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page."

16 horses?! Wow! "Lawn Ornaments." Are the babies born from your own mares? That must be exciting to experience the whole circle of life thing with a horse. You break your own 2-3 year olds? How do you go about it? I have watched (and STILL watch) "Buck" on Netflix. He "starts" horses rather than breaking them. Is that kind of how you do it? Do you have help? I hope so!
Old 03-05-2013, 05:16 PM   #1929
Big Yapper!

PS: Do you have pics you'd like to share with me, in the meantime before you can post on the horse thread? Feel free to post some here.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:20 PM   #1930
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Oh, you know what? I think you have to have so many posts before you're allowed into the Playground forum. Just keep posting here and there and it will all count toward your total posts and soon you can join us!

It's the "Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page."

16 horses?! Wow! "Lawn Ornaments." Are the babies born from your own mares? That must be exciting to experience the whole circle of life thing with a horse. You break your own 2-3 year olds? How do you go about it? I have watched (and STILL watch) "Buck" on Netflix. He "starts" horses rather than breaking them. Is that kind of how you do it? Do you have help? I hope so!
Technically I have started them...starting when babies, halter, ground work, general getting them use to everyday action... when older having blankets on them, putting on saddles, putting bits in and out of their mouth and working them in the round pen to get them use to the thought that you are their boss. but the actually breaking to have them safe to ride in a lot more work. one of my non broke babies, will allow a person on their back and me lead them around. but they still need to be worked with for queues and reining. I generally start the queues on the ground, and work on that. but really I have found no one horse is the same. we, me, my husband and son, will work with them, but will pick the horses we wan to break. my son broke a horse very quickly. when the horse was younger he would lead him along on a ride with his horse daily. so by the time he began to break for riding the horse was so use to the "sound" queues , he saddle broke him and used only a halter. ( neck reined ). all the babies were born from my mares on the farm. we have a black and white stallion quarter horse. I have 1 black and white mare, and one brown and white mare. last year was our last year to breed. our stallion is broke so we are having him gelded. babies last year were a black and white filly, and a tri color filly. but honestly getting to old to do this...reality...I want to travel, and my son who is 25, has his own life so it is getting harder to find good handlers that can take care of the herd while we are away. just recreational riders on the farm. no competitions, jumping or eventing. so I don't train for that.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:30 PM   #1931
Senior LCF Member

put a pic of my black and white filly in my profile pics if you can see it. one note she was just born, literally that was taken in about 45 minutes afterwards. had not cleaned the mare yet because she needed to feed first and we wanted to halter the baby.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:21 PM   #1932
Big Yapper!

I see only pics of people when I look in your profile. Is it under one of the other people headings? Let me know and I'll go look again. You do sound busy! A herd like that would take all your time and then some. Exciting, though!

Tomorrow will be an interesting day at the farm. Will likely have to pad up the stalls if they haven't already been padded during the day. The snow is supposed to start after dark, when I leave. OMG. I'm so over winter. I can hardly take the energy it requires to even type that over and ever again, each time a new storm comes. PLEASE LEAVE US ALONE for the rest of the year. Haven't we done our time?

Sleep tight, ladies. Gotta go vote for the American Idol ladies now. Got my five faves and hope they go on to the next round.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:39 PM   #1933
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
watching the news, looks like you are getting it again !! Stay warm !
Old 03-06-2013, 07:32 PM   #1934
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hope your day went well!
Old 03-06-2013, 07:44 PM   #1935
Big Yapper!

Hi, lovely ladies! I'm starting to get the feeling that this storm isn't going to amount to much accumulation. I just saw the latest forecast. I'll bet we don't even get 4" out of this. And we're going to be in the 50's a few days later so Winter is breathing its last.

I had an easy day at the farm. It was windy and cold with scattered flurries but a lot of the pm work was already done by the manager who thought she might need to bring the horses in early due to the weather. It was a nice afternoon and we got out of there right at 6, even with grooming a few of the nastiest mud-rollers and changing all of their sheets to the warmer ones for the night.

It's almost 11pm now and I'm pooped. Off to bed I go! Have no need to leave the house until Friday, so I'm hoping I can hang here at home and get more housework done. God-willing, this storm will just be a big over-blown system. We're due for one of those.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:08 PM   #1936
Blabbermouth!!!

that's good to hear. I know you are ready for a break from the Winter ! Sleep well !
Old 03-06-2013, 08:44 PM   #1937
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah!
That's great that you had an easy day & now rest time. You deserve a good rest!
Old 03-06-2013, 10:46 PM   #1938
Big Yapper!

AMEN!! It is snowing now and the car and stuff is coated but I still believe (I HAVE to believe) that this is nothing major. It will go to the south of us. It will move out over "the pond" quicker than expected. Spring will appear and we will be swearing about how deep the mud is!

Bring it! We're ready....
Old 03-07-2013, 10:18 AM   #1939
Big Yapper!

Hey, ladies. Storm isn't much of a storm yet but it's supposed to pack a wallop before it's through with us. Glad I don't have to go anywhere. I hope the staff meeting at the farm tomorrow gets rescheduled. I'll ask her if we can change it to another day. I don't want to go out if I don't really need to.

I've decided to give that Antabuse drug another try. I am back in the habit of drinking daily and too much and it's depleting my bank account and taking its toll on my body and brain cells. So the horse's ball is Saturday night. I dry out on Sunday and start the Antabuse on Monday night. I hope this time it goes better. If it makes me depressive like last time, I just can't live like that. I'll give it my best, though.

Have a super day, all! Me, the dog and "Mr Fishy" are just hanging out here. (That's my Betta fish.) Betta's are a lot more active than people think they are. When they have a large enough bowl or tank to swim in, they do a lot of swimming. They aren't in there doing laps or anything like that, but they are very beautiful, low-maintenance fish.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:42 AM   #1940
Blabbermouth!!!

Cheryl, hope you have a great time Sat night ! I know you have been looking forward to it so much Hope the antabuse works better for you this time, without feeling down. I guess it is really hard to wean yourself off the alcohol. I don't drink much ( a few times every 6 months - 1 yr ) not that I don't like it, I LOVE margaritas......but they trigger my migraines most of the time, so it's not worth it usually.

Story :
I used to have a beta named Hermann.....he was beautiful with the plant at the top of his bowl and I would touch the side of the bowl and he would swim to me and follow my finger. i thought he was so cool ! My sons were younger at the time, and were feeding him way too often. I said I will feed him cause he only needs a little each day......well, I was out of town working in Houston and NO ONE fed him !! I came home and he was upside down in the bowl on the island in my kitchen and no one had even noticed !

My boys like that story , they think it's funny Crazy kids ....

ATTITUDE is the difference between an ordeal and an ADVENTURE !!

'If you're tired of starting over, then QUIT stopping !"
Old 03-07-2013, 11:00 AM   #1941
Big Yapper!

Oh no! That's so sad, Laura. I hope my Betta lives a long and healthy life. I have him in just a simple bowl but it's pretty large. I put gravel in the bottom but otherwise, he has free-reign to swim and do whatever he wants to. I heard they like something to sleep in so I tried to find something he'd like but the only thing I found was a hair too big for the bowl. I don't think he liked having it take up so much of his space. I took it out and he was back to his normal self again.

I feed him two pellets daily but the pet store said two pellets every other day was good. I also bought him some freeze-dried blood worms and he digs those too. The water gets cloudy faster if I feed him the blood worms so I have to try and only shake a couple in at a time. He's a happy boy, though. I love to watch him. He will check out my finger but he won't really follow it. I swear he looks at me sometimes, when I'm across the room. And when he's in the back half of the bowl, he looks huge!

I'm looking forward to the ball but with a bit of trepidation. I want to go, but I also have a social anxiety thing going on. It's a five-hour event and I don't want to get too tipsy and leave a bad impression. Those never go away. I really shouldn't drink there at all but I hate to be the "non-drinker" at the table. I just don't know "when to say when." Therein lies my entire problem with alcohol. I'm a very happy drunk.

Back to fish, why do they go "belly-up" when they die? I wonder what makes that happen. I wonder about the strangest damn things sometimes.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:02 AM   #1942
Big Yapper!

(And I have trouble finding anything that fits me and feels comfortable. No, I can't really say I'm looking forward to the ball.)
Old 03-07-2013, 12:17 PM   #1943
Blabbermouth!!!

Awww. sorry about the anxiety that goes along with outings ! I usually do that too, look forward to a wedding or baby shower or something until i need to find something to wear and such. Maybe you could drink water/soda the 1st 1/2 of the night and then drink slowly - with water in between each drink - for the 2nd 1/2 ??

There are little plants that sit on top of the beta bowl - not expensive at all - that have a little plastic thing in the top that the plant roots go through. I'm not explaining this well at all ~~ but the fish like to swim in and out of the plant . I'll try to find a pic and post it cause it sounds harder than it is.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:28 PM   #1944
Big Yapper!

I'd love to see a picture of the plant. Sounds like something he would love. I wonder if he'd spend so much time at the top of the bowl that I wouldn't get to enjoy seeing him swimming around that much. At night and when I leave the house, I cover his bowl with a small plate. I know they can jump and I don't want to come home or wake up to find a fish out of water. He likes when I cover his bowl. He seems to find comfort in it. Or he likes the snowman pattern on the plate!
Old 03-07-2013, 12:31 PM   #1945
Blabbermouth!!!

here's one..... there's lots of different plants you can use
Attached Images
File Type: jpg how-to-grow-a-lily-in-your-fish-bowl-1.jpg (45.7 KB, 9 views)
Old 03-07-2013, 12:32 PM   #1946
Blabbermouth!!!

I used the colored balls in the bottom too..... but my bowl was taller than this one - left lots of room for swimming
Old 03-07-2013, 12:35 PM   #1947
Big Yapper!

Oh, wow! I wasn't imagining it being an actual "plant." I've seen stores selling plants with the water and colored glass and the Betta fish inside. I thought it was a weird thing to find for sale in a grocery store, but I guess that is making more sense to me now! I don't know how you'd ever clean the water. I think I'll skip the plant. I like to keep my plants and animals separated. But thanks for posting that so I knew what you were talking about.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:42 PM   #1948
Blabbermouth!!!

you are so silly

you just lift up the plant and clean it like always !

That's practically the only plant I've ever had that i didn't KILL
Old 03-07-2013, 01:11 PM   #1949
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Hey, Cheryl. Congratulations on the antabuse decision. I think it's a positive one. Nothing new with me--just a super busy week.

Stay warm!
Old 03-09-2013, 10:15 AM   #1950
Big Yapper!

Wow. I can't believe I haven't written over here in two days. Sorry for my absence. I've been "busy." (Eating too much and drinking too much.) But today is the last day for drinking. I have the fund raiser tonight and then tomorrow I dry-out and Monday night I start the Antabuse again. I hope to God this time it doesn't make me feel like I had a lobotomy. I'm hoping that last time, my feelings were due more to the circumstances; the holidays, and the Newtown tragedy. I'm hoping it was not the drug.

I just tried on a bunch of dressy slacks to see what might be doable for tonight. Not a single pair will grace my fat @$$ this evening, nor any evening in the next month or so unless I really get cracking. I have decided (have no other choice) to wear a blouse and skirt that go together. They are black (thank God) with a white floral thread-type design throughout. Best of all, 3/4 length sleeves and lots of stretch to the fabric. I will wear a pair of black clogs. I have no idea if clogs are in or out of style, but that's what I'm wearing. I think they look nice with the clothes.

I'm guessing I'll be slogging out to the car in my boots and putting the shoes on once I'm safely in the car. The snow is rapidly melting in the sun and increased temps but it's still quite the mess out there.

I really hope tonight is a lot of fun. I hope I find something nice and inexpensive to bid on, I hope I don't make a fool of myself by having one too many drinks and I hope I don't get persuaded out on the dance floor. I haven't danced in so many years that this old lady is just stiff as a board. And I always tend to lead. I'll dance a slow dance or two if asked. That's all, though.

I'm so ready to tackle the next phase, which is sobriety, weight loss, fitness and learning tons more stuff at work. Now that Spring is approaching and therapeutic riding lessons will resume, I'll have to do a lot more things. I'm not a volunteer anymore so I can't just choose the days that program wasn't scheduled to avoid all the chaos. I'll be in the thick of it and I need to get myself grounded, centered and in a happy place. Each and every day from here on out.

So that's what I'll be working on, folks. Quite a lot to accomplish and not much time to do it in. Prayers both needed and appreciated. Have a great day. I'll BBL or tomorrow, whichever works out best.

Last edited by CherylB; 03-09-2013 at 10:18 AM..
Closed Thread