Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2013, 10:04 PM   #1861
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
i've been to that website but not recently. i don't know of any naturopath near me but it just amazes and astounds me that all the suffering with heat is directly related to that one drug. i'm going to search this out!

Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2013, 10:11 PM   #1862
Big Yapper!

had to laugh regarding not remembering the names of the books you wanted to buy. i'm dangerous with just a thought, the internet and amazon.

regarding good thyroid blood tests, recent changes in health care (which must remain nameless) prevent the testing for FT3 and FT4. medicare will only pay for those if the TSH are out of normal range.

night-night!
Old 02-21-2013, 07:19 AM   #1863
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Cheryl!! Just checking up w. you. Sounds like you're doing well and trying to keep warm! The ironic thing about the TSH blood tests is that they average in everyone who gets the test run. So the "average" includes all the hypo patient's as well as the truly "normal" ones. So, in reality, if you are on the low side, you're actually hypo, and come out as "normal". Not sure I said that right, but to be out of range you have to be REALLY hypo. Thyroid Drs are a rare find. I've given up the hope and search, although ironically there is a good one near me. It's just so expensive since I'd have to pay out of pocket. I'm doing ok on the synthetic T3 I get myself. Not perfect, but a far cry from where I used to be!

Debby and Laura! Hope you ladies are doing well too!

I'm plugging away w. LC and exercise. Practicing patience and hoping the scale works it's way back down. 10 more lbs. Come on body, get w. the program!!
Old 02-21-2013, 10:15 AM   #1864
Big Yapper!

Trying to keep warm indeed! Today is yet another windy and cold day. This weekend is another snow storm! They don't know how it will end up for us. It could be another significant snow maker and this snow may be wet and heavy. It makes me want to just lay down and cry. CT sucksssssss!!!!

I understand what you're saying about TSH. People are being paid a ton of money to figure out ways to screw us over. If I'm properly medicated, my TSH will be very low. So as you said, within normal limits. I may never know what my FT3 or FT4 is ever again, unless I pay for the tests out of pocket.

Come on, Julie's body! Give up those 10 lbs! You know you wanna. You know you do! Hope that helps, Julie. Have a wonderful day out there in the sunny desert southwest.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:24 PM   #1865
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
had to laugh regarding not remembering the names of the books you wanted to buy. i'm dangerous with just a thought, the internet and amazon.
regarding good thyroid blood tests, recent changes in health care (which must remain nameless) prevent the testing for FT3 and FT4. medicare will only pay for those if the TSH are out of normal range.
night-night!
Yes, they try to hold back on things here in Canada too. But if you really insist they cooperate. I've had more tests in the past, but haven't pushed for them recently.
Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Cheryl!! Just checking up w. you. Sounds like you're doing well and trying to keep warm! The ironic thing about the TSH blood tests is that they average in everyone who gets the test run. So the "average" includes all the hypo patient's as well as the truly "normal" ones. So, in reality, if you are on the low side, you're actually hypo, and come out as "normal". Not sure I said that right, but to be out of range you have to be REALLY hypo. Thyroid Drs are a rare find. I've given up the hope and search, although ironically there is a good one near me. It's just so expensive since I'd have to pay out of pocket. I'm doing ok on the synthetic T3 I get myself. Not perfect, but a far cry from where I used to be!

Debby and Laura! Hope you ladies are doing well too!

I'm plugging away w. LC and exercise. Practicing patience and hoping the scale works it's way back down. 10 more lbs. Come on body, get w. the program!!
You're right, Julie. Mine was below normal, but just barely. Last month it registered in the hyper range. Still trying to regulate it. I feel good with it close to that, but just started getting a few signs of hyper. I know the balance is "close"... so now, with dropping just a very tiny bit, I'm getting hypo symptoms again.
You've got my interest in the T3 meds. What is it called, and where do you get it if not through a Dr? I might ask the dr or naturopath about it, after research.
Quote:
Trying to keep warm indeed! Today is yet another windy and cold day. This weekend is another snow storm! They don't know how it will end up for us. It could be another significant snow maker and this snow may be wet and heavy. It makes me want to just lay down and cry. CT sucksssssss!!!!
I understand what you're saying about TSH. People are being paid a ton of money to figure out ways to screw us over. If I'm properly medicated, my TSH will be very low. So as you said, within normal limits. I may never know what my FT3 or FT4 is ever again, unless I pay for the tests out of pocket.
Come on, Julie's body! Give up those 10 lbs! You know you wanna. You know you do! Hope that helps, Julie. Have a wonderful day out there in the sunny desert southwest.
Sorry its so cold there!
Old 02-21-2013, 09:36 PM   #1866
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
More snow? What a winter you're having!! We even got some snow here yesterday! Crazy!! It's in the 50's today!! I'm SO ready for my warm up, I can't imagine how anxious you must be! Hang in there! It can't be much longer . I think cold weather makes LC better - chili, soup, meat, eggs etc all seem more appealing in the cold.

I'm finishing up American Idol. This season is awful! Not sure I'll make it through. I used to love this show I'm a singer and love listening and critiquing! The new judges are awful except for Keith Urban, which is a pleasant surprise . But I find myself more annoyed than entertained with it. Hmmm. The girls still love it.

Nitey-night.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:56 AM   #1867
Big Yapper!

Keith Urban used to be my heart throb, but then Nicole came along and snagged him. I'm still not over that. I agree about the judges. The way the really fake lady and Mariah roll their eyes at each other, it has to be pre-planned to add drama. I really miss Simon. Brutal honesty with a good ear! That's what we need. And it does seem more like a freak show this season. I think they were afraid to axe some people too early in the process IYKWIM.

I missed the girls night on Wednesday. I forgot it was on and watched another show I like on HGTV. Big mistake, apparently. They said the girls really were great. Oh, well. The greatest ones will be there to hear next week and I won't forget next time.

Snow in AZ? That must have been so strange! Did it last all of 4 hours? I remember you saying you wish you had a fireplace. When we rented our house in Las Vegas, we had a wood-burning fireplace. It was lovely in the winter. I used to smoke back then and I remember one time when it was really cold outside, my husband said I could sit by the fire and smoke (so it would go up the chimney.) Shortly after that, I started smoking in the house. Before that, it was always in the back yard or the garage. He was from So Cal so I guess that's something they are big on.

Went way off on a tangent with that topic, didn't I! Memories. I have no shortage of those. I don't think that I am, but I'm still making good memories!

I'm watching the Price is Right and the second showcase has a Mercedes! The chick who took the first showcase instead of passing it (because she wanted the Toyota Prius) is drooling right now.

Got the farm today. Should be a lot milder but I still see evidence of some breeze outside. So I will BBL. Have an awesome day, everyone. Hugs!
Old 02-22-2013, 02:51 PM   #1868
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hope the farm goes well Cheryl!
Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Debby-how does prescription medicine work in Canada? Can you buy what you want w.o. a Dr's Rx? I can PM you more info on it. I don't think it's ok w. the admins if I share this info here. I'm not endorsing it, but it's actually helped me .
I'm finishing up American Idol. This season is awful! Not sure I'll make it through. I used to love this show I'm a singer and love listening and critiquing! The new judges are awful except for Keith Urban, which is a pleasant surprise . But I find myself more annoyed than entertained with it. Hmmm. The girls still love it.
Nitey-night.
Hi Julie,
No, you have to get a Dr's RX or naturopath here. I was assuming that you got it online, without a rx.
Totally agree, American Idol is certainly not as good as it originally was. I enjoy the preshow interviews & then stop watching.

Last edited by DebbyL; 02-22-2013 at 02:53 PM..
Old 02-22-2013, 06:21 PM   #1869
Big Yapper!

Ladies, I came within a hair's breath of getting kicked in the gut tonight at the farm. If I was just an inch or two closer to this horse, I would have been kicked right in the right side of my abdomen. I came "that close" to getting hurt.

My instinct was to use the dually halter, which I did use (gives more control of the horse) but I also wanted to use the extra long black lead rope, to give him room to move around as we walked him in the field. The manager was there with me and the volunteer tonight so she said she didn't want me to use the long rope cause it was still too icy up there.

Well, we were walking in the snowy parts of the field and the long rope would have been perfect for him to be able to totally cut loose without taking off on us. So my "gut" was right. In the future I'll listen to it and maybe not just go with what the manager says to do. We already knew how this horse gets when he gets to be walked out in the field, so we saw it coming. What I didn't see coming was an injury.

I won't be telling that to my Mother. She's a worry wort and I'm not going to throw any fuel on that fire. I'll just share it here with y'all. Anyway, after the farm, I went to a few stores cause the storm is approaching. I can sit here at home now and see what happens. They may need me to help at the farm tomorrow if I can make it up there, but they didn't ask if I could come. She did make a point of telling me she was going to be working her regular job all weekend and that the girl who will be there tomorrow may be alone.

I got one of the two books I ordered on Amazon today. "The End of Overeating. Taking Control of the Insatiable American Appetite." (David Kessler, MD.) Should be an interesting read. I bought a "real" book this time, cause I do like to mark books up; making brackets and writing in the margins where I find really good stuff. My niece once saw how I do that and said I was cute. But it makes it easier to go back through and read the really good stuff again later on.

I'm tired, people. Glad I am off tomorrow and hope I am not needed at the farm. I feel bad for that girl if it ends up that she's all alone, but the horses will be indoors and they will have prepared for the storm somewhat. Here we go again! This time it's only supposed to be 3-6 inches of snow or it could be less accumulation and more of a "wintry mix." Aka: Absolute Mess.

Night, y'all! TTYT, God willing. Sleep well and behave yourselves.

Last edited by CherylB; 02-22-2013 at 06:25 PM..
Old 02-22-2013, 06:35 PM   #1870
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
Glad you didn't get hurt ! Rest well yourself
Old 02-22-2013, 07:23 PM   #1871
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi,

So glad you didn't get kicked. That would hurt bad!

Your book sounds good. I do the same thing with really good books. Hope this one gives you new direction & inspiration.

Good night! Have a good rest!
Old 02-23-2013, 10:29 AM   #1872
Big Yapper!

Good day, ladies. I am in the midst of this latest storm but it's tracking well to the south of us. So far, only having light misty rain. I wonder if we'll get much more than an inch or two overnight. Relieved and

I'm looking forward to reading my new book, Debby. I ordered two books on the same type of topic. I think I wrote about them both before (here) but I forget the name of the other one. ("Salt Sugar Fat: How the Food Giants Hooked Us") That one will take a while longer to receive because it isn't even released yet. It was a pre-order on Amazon. (LOVE Amazon.) It will be coming in the next week or two.

I ordered another book called, "Dry." It's a memoir of an alcoholic. I was reading a thread on the addiction support forum of LCF. I found it just by scanning through the "new posts" tab and it was just some lady talking about her struggle with drinking. Wanting to keep drinking but wanting to regulate it. I read the first page and then skipped to the last page because it was looking like a lot of "Oops. Slipped again" type posts. But that's where I read about this memoir and decided to order it. I think it was 0.01 for the book and $3.99 for the shipping, so $4 for the book. Can't beat that. And it said it was "like new." We shall see.

I haven't posted on that thread yet. So far just a subscribed lurker, but I plan to participate. I just didn't see the point at first, but these people are exactly like me. Reading their posts is like reading something from my own life. They love drinking but they know they need to cut it down or cut it out. They really want to keep drinking but in a responsible manner, as do I. It's so interesting to see how the "disease" (if indeed that is what it really is) repeats in each of us who are under its influence. Very interesting. And it shows clearly to me that if you have to make these rules about when you'll drink and under which conditions and how much you'll drink, that right there tells you that you have a problem with it. Period!

My Mother had a drinking problem when I was a teenager. I remember how bad it was to see her taking a glass of wine to bed with her. I knew instinctively that that was excessive. But I do the same thing myself as an adult. I've done it all my adult life, during the years I drank. She was even committed for a time for help with her drinking and she had stopped for a while, but then she went on a cruise with her second husband and he encouraged her to enjoy a glass of wine with dinner (I guess it was included in the cost of the cruise) and that was that. She's been drinking ever since.

But she's limited it and learned to not let it take control over her and that's how I want to be able to drink, too. In a controlled, responsible, rational fashion. Can I do it? Time will tell. Why am I talking about this? Because we were talking about books that I ordered. End of topic.

Oh, what a tease! I'm watching The Weather Channel and they're talking about Miami FL. 88 degrees! I spent a lot of time in Florida as a traveling nurse but it's not someplace I'd want to live. Way too humid in the summers and rains almost every day during the hottest months. The sun comes back out and it's like a steam bath. (YUCK!) But the beaches are so nice. And the water is so beautiful. I think I posted a picture of my favorite beach and pier once before. Might have been on my first journal. (I should put the link to both of my journals in my siggy. I think I will!)

Talkative today, aren't I! Will end it here. Have nowhere to go today and that makes me very happy. PJ's for me and Cissy gets to spend all day with her Momma. I was washing my face and brushing my hair at the sink earlier and went to dry my hands and noticed Cissy was standing off in the living room, just looking toward the bathroom. I stopped to think what she was thinking and I realized she must have thought I was getting ready to leave her. I loved her up and said, "No horsies today! Mommy's staying home with Cissy." She relaxed after that.

So, that's all for now. Have an awesome weekend, ladies. Hope you have splendid weather and good times with the ones you love.

Last edited by CherylB; 02-23-2013 at 10:35 AM..
Old 02-23-2013, 10:46 AM   #1873
Big Yapper!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/be...ff-little.html

Going through all my old subscribed threads looking for my original journal and came across this thread. A lot of my favorite pics are posted there. Enjoy!
Old 02-23-2013, 11:08 AM   #1874
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Good morning, Cheryl! It's a "pajama day" here, too, and all three kitties have been bringing toys and dropping them at my feet. They are so happy to have someone home.

My plan is to read and watch tv, maybe make a leisurely trip to the grocery store for a few supplies. I haven't made any P2 chili yet this round, and it's so delicious, so I think that will be one of my meals today.

My main goal will be to rest my voice! Hope you and Cissy have a great day!
Old 02-23-2013, 11:35 AM   #1875
Big Yapper!

Happy kitty day! P2 chili is the best. Without it, I would have never made it through a round of hcg ever. Nothing else tasted good to me. Not chicken or fish. Once I saw I could lose while eating ground beef with canned tomatoes and spices, it was "game on"! I'm so happy for you that you're in the zone, Jessica. WTG. God bless you tomorrow. I know that He will.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:07 PM   #1876
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good afternoon Cheryl,
Sounds like you have a perfect "reading day" That's so good for you!
I looked up the book you received, looks interesting. You'll have to share the tidbits with us. I don't seem to find time to read much anymore. Spend too much time online! Plus life.
Glad the storm isn't going to hit you too hard.
Have a great day!
Old 02-23-2013, 04:22 PM   #1877
Big Yapper!

Well, I cancelled the book that was yet to be sent out. I did a quick accounting of the bank books and it was coming up a bit shy. So with the book being cancelled, I should be okay until next Friday when I get paid. OMG, how I hope that's true. It costs so much when something comes due and there are insufficient funds. And I hate to borrow money from a family member because that just means I'm starting next month with that much less money to work with. Time to just stop acting like I have money and live on what I already have under my roof.

Haven't started reading the book yet but I'll tell of what I learn when I begin reading it. Night, ladies. Happy Saturday night!
Old 02-23-2013, 07:22 PM   #1878
Blabbermouth!!!

Just stopping in to wave hello. I hope your pajama day was as relaxing as mine I did NOTHING!
Old 02-24-2013, 09:09 PM   #1879
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Well, I cancelled the book that was yet to be sent out. I did a quick accounting of the bank books and it was coming up a bit shy. So with the book being cancelled, I should be okay until next Friday when I get paid. OMG, how I hope that's true. It costs so much when something comes due and there are insufficient funds. And I hate to borrow money from a family member because that just means I'm starting next month with that much less money to work with. Time to just stop acting like I have money and live on what I already have under my roof.
Haven't started reading the book yet but I'll tell of what I learn when I begin reading it. Night, ladies. Happy Saturday night!
Hi Cheryl,
Hope you're having a good Sunday.
Good that you could put off the book in time! Its hard sometimes to "wait" on extras, but so important in this day & age, huh?
I received my Chia seeds today. Tried a TBS of them this afternoon. Kind of different seeds, that's for sure. Hoping my body doesn't reject them like yours did. Supposed to be excellent for the thyroid.
Good night!
Old 02-24-2013, 11:25 PM   #1880
Big Yapper!

Best of luck with the Chia seeds, Debby. I don't think my body rejected them, but they surely didn't cause any whoosh on the scale. I believe they have great value and I will still use mine every now and then, knowing they will help my liver get rid of fat-soluable toxins. That alone is worth a little scale trouble.

I had a bit of trouble tonight at the farm. I can't go into it all over again now, but I'll post the horse lover's link so you can go read what I wrote today (or rather "Sunday") and see what happened. I screwed up and I hope nothing bad comes of it.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/be...ed-one-28.html

Last edited by CherylB; 02-24-2013 at 11:26 PM..
Old 02-25-2013, 07:15 AM   #1881
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Best of luck with the Chia seeds, Debby. I don't think my body rejected them, but they surely didn't cause any whoosh on the scale. I believe they have great value and I will still use mine every now and then, knowing they will help my liver get rid of fat-soluable toxins. That alone is worth a little scale trouble.

I had a bit of trouble tonight at the farm. I can't go into it all over again now, but I'll post the horse lover's link so you can go read what I wrote today (or rather "Sunday") and see what happened. I screwed up and I hope nothing bad comes of it.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/be...ed-one-28.html
So sorry for the mix-up. Hope it doesn't cause any problems for the horses & hope the stress goes away & is replaced with relief!

That's cool about chia, I need to read up on it, I see... this morning wt. was slightly down... water receding, so I think I handled the chia just fine, so far.

Hope you hear soon that the horses are fine!
Old 02-25-2013, 09:42 AM   #1882
Big Yapper!

Thanks, Debby. I haven't heard anything more from her so maybe they are fine. I have to work again this afternoon (and tomorrow and the next day) so I'll be able to observe them myself. The other horse ladies on the other thread are saying that it's not as serious as my manager is making it out to be and that she's likely just impressing upon me the importance of giving the right grain to the right horse. I'm having flash-backs to my nursing days. There's something called "the five rights": right drug, right dose, right patient, right time and right route." (I believe that's what they were.)

I think we're going to be in the 40's today so that will make me feel a little better. Now if we don't have any wind, I will be able to just go bare-headed and that will be a welcome change. Yesterday I didn't think I'd need a hat but with the wind, I was searching around in the manager's office for something for my head. The only thing I found that wasn't over-kill was one of those bands that cover the ears and forehead. That helped a lot but don't think it looked too cool.

Well, have a nice day, ladies. Hugs all around.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:43 AM   #1883
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
Hope you find out today that horses are fine. I agree, she was probably just stressing the point to you . Have a great day Cheryl !
Old 02-25-2013, 09:44 AM   #1884
Big Yapper!

Thanks, Laura. You too.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:55 AM   #1885
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey Cheryl! Sorry you had some stress. I've got to run get dressed for the day in case I have jury duty, but I will go read your horse thread in a bit.

Hope you have a nice afternoon!
Old 02-25-2013, 10:06 AM   #1886
Big Yapper!

You too, honey. I was just over on your journal while you were over here. I get tickled when things like that happen.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:38 PM   #1887
Big Yapper!

Wrote this a few hours ago on the horse lover's thread. Posting here to keep you all in the loop. Love yous!

Had a good day at the farm today. Mega mud everywhere but there was a lot of activity going on. The manager and the program director were there, some people were being oriented, and the manager and I took the horses two at a time for a walk up through the snowy fields. She put the duallys on and the long black lead ropes, just like I suggested we do last week! Remember I had mentioned that and she didn't want to do it due to ice? Well seeing her do that today made me feel rather influential.

And when we got them up to the top of the field in an area that looked safe, we let out the line and got them to lunge around some. It was fun for them because they just haven't gotten to kick up their heels in a few weeks or more. Charmed was just bucking over and over again. He was full of piss and vinegar. Cowboy was digging running around me and it was just as if we were in the arena. Must be much more fun with no fences around them.

Calvin and Lola were in the arena and they could see us and the two horses running around in the field. When we got back down the hill to put Cowboy and Charmed back in their paddock, Calvin was running all around, expecting he and Lola would be the next pair to go. I wish that were true, but the manager wanted to take Red and Daphne next. After that, we ran out of time and it was time to feed them their dinner and tuck them in for the night. Red and Daphne didn't get long-lined, just the usual short lead rope and their regular halters. Should have used the duallys on them, too.

So I'll be back there for another shift tomorrow. I might see if I can work-out Calvin and Lola but it all depends on who else is there with me. I can't take too many chances with volunteers. I don't know the ones who come on Tuesdays. It's not my usual day.

Tired!!! And my water-proof boots are so overwhelmed that they can't keep my feet dry anymore. It's nasty when I get home and peal off my socks. I need to wear a different pair of boots tomorrow to try and give the wet boots a chance to dry out.

There was a lot more going on at the farm today but that's a good enough story for now. I need to rest and park my sore bottom on a heating pad.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:33 PM   #1888
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sounds like a real good day! Except for the wet boots. I hope everything worked out fine for the two horses & grain. Another go around tomorrow! Glad you had time to rest up for all of this!

Good night
Old 02-26-2013, 09:09 AM   #1889
Big Yapper!

Yep, here I go again. I have some serious chronic pain and I'm thinking it is partly due to my weight being so high again and partly that I need to get down on the floor and do that sort of stretching where you point your knees one way and twist your upper body the other way. I have pain way down into my upper "arse." I think I need a Chiropractor. And my hot tub back.

Other than that, my busy weeks are coming to an end, as far as I can see right now. After Wednesday, I don't work again until next Monday. Things will change periodically but I will just do what I can and not go overboard.

Have a nice day, ladies. I'm down a few lbs this week. Still in the 2's but not forever. Not doing anything special, just eating less and not drinking wine.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:59 PM   #1890
Blabbermouth!!!

You sound good, Cheryl. Congrats on the loss this week. I think that eating less and not drinking wine is probably just what you need right now!
Closed Thread