Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2012, 01:41 PM   #151
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
Nice drop today Cheryl! I'm back on the drops again. I went out of control yesterday. I cant be doing that when I need to be losing so much more weight. Time to get serious and get down to business. I'm fasting today and I'm not even wanting to eat! I ate 5 slices of pizza! UGH!!! I'm up 2 lbs from where I've been at since I started P3.
Nice to hear you had a good day with the horses. Its been in the high 60's for the last couple days. Weird weather!

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

Tammy

Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2012, 03:06 PM   #152
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Weird but wonderful! I was so afraid we were in for another winter like last year, after that devastating storm we got the day before Halloween. But it was just a freak thing, thankfully!

I'm glad you are back in the losing phase. It is freaky when you eat something like pizza and pack on the water. Pizza is salty stuff. So it's not as bad as you think! Are you going all the way to 170 this round? Is that your final goal or will you reassess when you get there?

I will be so amazed and in my glory when I get to 140 but then I will see what else is necessary. It's going to be a while, but I know I can get there if I don't keep losing ground that I've already won. Ya know?
Old 02-01-2012, 04:05 PM   #153
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post

Just a mere kg and I'll be back in the beloved 60's! I'm already feeling slimmer and I thank God for that. I missed that sleek feeling.

I hope we all have a lovely day today!
Hooray for you! I LOVE that part about P2. In my mind, I call it "that flatbelly feeling."

I lost nada today, which is not atypical for me for week 2. I am HUNGRY today, though, which makes me think my body is kicking up a little fight about going below 155. I'm staying out of the kitchen, but only by the skin of my teeth. Gonna be a long evening....
Old 02-01-2012, 04:09 PM   #154
Big Yapper!

I read that about no loss today on your journal. It happens! That's why when I read people saying that they will have a loss everyday, I set them straight. It ain't like that! Don't set yourself up for a big fall.

Where do you hope to maintain, Jessica? I thought you went to 155 in order to maintain at or below 160. Is that still the plan or have you decided to go lower? How does it feel to be 155 at your height? You must feel GREAT!

I know when I get to 140, I will be feeling GREAT, too! It's been sooooo many years since I've been there that I don't know if that's the best weight for me. But just getting there will be a huge triumph and I'll bask in the glory.
Old 02-01-2012, 06:18 PM   #155
Blabbermouth!!!

I want to maintain at 155. (And to be brutally honest, I could probably stand to lose more. I still can SEE pockets of fat on myself in the mirror. But I think I need to settle for a while and get into an exercise regimen and see if I "redistribute" a little bit before/if I try to go to a lower stopping place.)

I just want to get to something like 153 because I always seem to stabilize a pound or two above where I end P2.

As far as how I feel--well, SHOCKED would be a good description. I honestly forget that I've lost this weight, see myself reflected in a window or something, and don't recognize myself. That's probably another good reason to stop for a while, haha. I bought a pair of size 8 pants this week, and a size XS blouse. It's crazy...

My (old) HCG Journal

My NEW Journal
Old 02-01-2012, 07:08 PM   #156
Big Yapper!

Wow!! WTG! I sometimes get the sense of what living in a slim body will feel like and what it will mean to my quality of life. Even without mirrors, I just want to "feel" good. I care about how I look but more importantly, I want to feel like I look like a million dollars!

You'll be in the 152-3 range before you know it, then I will do lots of praying for you to stabilize. Soon, my girl! Soon!
Old 02-02-2012, 01:37 PM   #157
Big Yapper!

I guess I haven't gotten around to posting here today. I updated my siggy so I didn't leave y'all entirely in the dark! I'm doing great and I thank God for that. What a feeling to be back in control again and to see the light of day after being so out of control for so long. It's nothing short of a miracle.

It's till only week one but I'm thinking this round is going to be a good one. Time will tell but I am so in need of VT! That will spur me onto staying on track (sorry for all the horse euphemisms. It isn't intentional.) The Bible says, "Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks." I guess! Euphemisms isn't the right word but I can't figure out the right one. It's not a pun, but it's something else. Anyway, I can't help it!

Punksatony Phil says 6 more weeks of winter, but one of the other groundhogs says early spring. Phil's only right 43% of the time, I hear. Either way, it's been a really mild winter and 6 more weeks of this won't be difficult to take.

Equine Care tomorrow afternoon. More mild and dry weather ahead! Also got some good news today about an Adult Ed class I've signed up for repeatedly. It gets cancelled all the time due to lack of participants. Well, unless someone pulls-out, I am going to be taking a 6-week beginning guitar class starting on 2/15. It's not in a town very close to home, but I don't care. I want to take this stupid class. And it's a shorter class (by 2 weeks) and it has a different description from the one I was shooting for (may be less actually playing of basic songs and more learning how to read notes and stuff, and learning more chords,) but I'll gladly take it if that's all I can get. With this class I need to bring not only a guitar but a folding music stand.

One good thing is the cost of this class is $19 less than the other one, so maybe it will pay for the stand. (?) No clue what they cost. Guess I need to go find out. I'll wait until the last minute, so I'm not buying something I'll never use.

I hope all you quiet gals are doing well today!
Old 02-02-2012, 01:55 PM   #158
Blabbermouth!!!

Dang--it's too bad we live on the opposite sides of America! I have a folding stand I'd happily give you, leftover from my kids' HS band days!

Congrats on the loss. You're on fire!
Old 02-02-2012, 02:20 PM   #159
Big Yapper!

Thanks, Jess! But we are all on fire the first week. Next week will tell me how things may go for the rest of the round. I wish I could borrow your stand, too! I just looked them up online and they are only about $20. I'll just buy one if the Freecyclers don't come up with one for me (yes, I posted a "wanted" ad.)
Old 02-02-2012, 06:16 PM   #160
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Gremom
Happy to hear that you had another drop today! YAY!! And very cool about the guitar lessons. I don't think I have a musical bone in my body, but I do love music. Hope that no one drops out.

I agree about being back in control. And yes, I can't do it either without our faithful God. Once I give Him control, I do much better.

Was down another 1lb today and it feels great. I just hope it continues. I really want to be in the 130s soon. This is a set point which is hard for me to break. So annoying!

Tomorrow is Friday! YAY!!
Old 02-02-2012, 06:31 PM   #161
Big Yapper!

Yea Stacey! Set points are tough but we are tougher! Have a great night.
Old 02-02-2012, 10:48 PM   #162
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey cheryl! I haven't been on LCF all day and I had so much reading to do. This is my only post bc its so late!
I'm headed to 170 and see how I look and feel. I don't want to be skinny though. I like being curvey! I guess I'm a rare breed! LOL
You've been sounding "up" lately! Nice to have you so positive. Enjoy the horses! We go to sign papers for the house tomorrow. Can't wait! We're so excited to move!
Nice job on the weight loss too. Keep it going!
Talk to ya tomorrow!
Old 02-03-2012, 06:10 AM   #163
Major LCF Poster!

Cheryl, have fun at the barn today! I agree with Tammy, I am so loving your upbeat attitude! It's contagious!!

Have a super busy day today, so I'll check ya later!
Old 02-03-2012, 08:38 AM   #164
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tay65 View Post
hey cheryl! I haven't been on LCF all day and I had so much reading to do. This is my only post bc its so late!
I'm headed to 170 and see how I look and feel. I don't want to be skinny though. I like being curvey! I guess I'm a rare breed! LOL
You've been sounding "up" lately! Nice to have you so positive. Enjoy the horses! We go to sign papers for the house tomorrow. Can't wait! We're so excited to move!
Nice job on the weight loss too. Keep it going!
Talk to ya tomorrow!
Signing the papers already? Wasn't it just a week ago when you said you were looking for a house? Holy Toledo! I'm so happy for you, Tammy. I still would enjoy seeing some pics of it when you have time and if you are willing. Even the MLS number would give my nosey self what I need to find it online.

I don't want to be skinny, either. I just don't want to be the fat girl in any room that I ever stand in again. I want to be average for my height. If I'm better than average and can maintain that, cool. If not, maintaining at average will be just fine. I'm not shopping for love or anything.

I'm honored that in all the posts you read to catch up, you chose to post HERE, with ME! I can't imagine catching up after a few days absence. I'd just jump in and say, "What did I miss? Catch me up on the highlights!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremom View Post
Cheryl, have fun at the barn today! I agree with Tammy, I am so loving your upbeat attitude! It's contagious!!

Have a super busy day today, so I'll check ya later!
Thanks for saying that, Stacey (and Tammy.) It feels good to be back on the road to recovery (weight loss, mind and body recovery) and it must be showing. Contagious? WhoooooPIIIIEEEE! That makes me smile, big-time.

Well, today the scale stayed the same. In my sleepy mind, I thought I went up 0.4 but when I went to write it down, it was the same as yesterday. I can handle sameness here and there. I guess my body is in freak-out stage. It really finds itself very nestled-in in each decade and when I get near to entering the next decade down, it puts on the brakes. I think I'll be in the 60's by tomorrow.

Have a nice day, ladies! Tammy, CONGRATS on the house! I hope it is everything you wish it to be!
Old 02-03-2012, 11:03 AM   #165
Big Yapper!

Have time for another post, so here I am again! I made some chicken stock last night and let it simmer all night long. I slept late so it was simmering for about 12 hours or so. I used water and bouillon cubes (no msg) then put all the solids in a strainer that fits inside the stock pot. Then I tossed in one of my leftover rotisserie chicken carcasses (had no skin on it), some coarsely chopped onion and celery, then added lots of garlic (from a jar) and various seasonings.

It came out great and now I have something nutritious and satisfying for when the hungries strike (the way they have been over the last 2 days.) It is a great before bedtime snack and it is guilt-free. I really have no idea what the calorie or fat content of it is so I just pour a half-mug and reheat it, then enjoy. I'm guessing a half-mug would be about 50 calories.

I took the solids and picked out the chicken pieces, then poured the rest of the solids (minus the bones) into a container to give as a treat to the dog (small doses at a time, over several days). I hope the onions and celery won't bother her stomach. I'll watch her and stop giving it to her if she seems to have loose stools or odd behavior.

Farm today! It's almost 2 pm here and I usually start getting ready around 3. I need to wait until 3:15 because I still end up getting there just after 3:30. I'm not supposed to be there before the "hired hand" and she gets there close to that time. I need to slow the heck down and get there a little later.

It's so hard not to be early! When I was working as a nurse full-time, I routinely got there a half-hour early each day. That way I had decreased stress and had time to make a pot of coffee, take a look at the census, see who my patients were going to be, etc. And it gave me a chance to see if the day-shift nurses were frazzled. That told me how my night was going to go.

Girls, I really need to find me a part time job. Not as a nurse, but just a job that will help to increase my monthly income and allow me to get a better apartment and live a better lifestyle. It's hard making ends meet on disability! It wouldn't have been hard at all if I hadn't been screwed out of my disability that I had coming in through insurance I paid for through work. But after they forced me to return to work and I couldn't hack it, my income dropped to half of what it had been. Foolish me didn't get a lawyer and fight to get it back. It was probably within my rights to do so, but too much time has passed now.

They put me through so much hell that I was afraid to go through that again. I'm sure that's all part of their plan and it worked. But now I'm living below the poverty line and I never should have been. I was insured! I still sometimes wish I could find a lawyer and sue their @$$'s. I've tried but seems all the lawyers who do that sort of thing are suing Social Security for folks who were initially denied their claim. At least I have been blessed in that regard, because I wasn't denied and didn't have to fight for it.

But just a couple extra hundred dollars a week would make my life so much easier! If you are already praying for me, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. May God in return meet all of your needs through our dear Lord, Jesus Christ.

Last edited by CherylB; 02-03-2012 at 11:05 AM..
Old 02-03-2012, 11:14 AM   #166
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: paulabob
Stats: 204/124.6/110 49%/27.4%/20% 5'2"
WOE: Atkins/hHcg/Optimal whatever works
Start Date: restart March '10
Quote:
But just a couple extra hundred dollars a week would make my life so much easier! If you are already praying for me, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. May God in return meet all of your needs through our dear Lord, Jesus Christ.
Sending out prayers for your girl! The right thing is waiting for you!
Old 02-03-2012, 11:23 AM   #167
Big Yapper!

Thanks, honey-bunch!
Old 02-03-2012, 05:00 PM   #168
Big Yapper!

Okay. I'm back and thawing out from the farm. OMG it was cold! There was definitely a strong breeze and my cheeks feel the cold the most. I wear gloves for the most part, mostly to keep from getting blisters as I work. But my cheeks are just exposed. (And you can see how large a surface area I have for cheeks!)

I have a very high forehead too, but for some reason, I don't feel the cold as severely up there. Maybe the cheeks are just so much worse that I don't notice the forehead.

Anyway, it was very interesting. No mud but frozen mud! So stiff ground that is full of hoof prints, just waiting to twist an ankle. It was almost harder to push the wheelbarrow over the knobby ground. Much of the scattered hay in the paddocks were just frozen into the mud so I didn't try too hard to rake it all up. I learned my lesson after our talk in the kitchen.

One of the white horses (Calvin) bruised one of his hooves and has to have both hind legs wrapped in bandages. Then he needs to soak his affected hoof in a bucket of some sort of solution for a few minutes a few times per day. I was in charge of keeping him still, which for Calvin is a lot to ask. He is one of the most restless horses they have.

Well, he was very good for me but that is when my cheeks really started to feel the cold. Seems the wind was blowing at just the right angle that I couldn't even find shelter from it when I put my face up close to his neck. It was coming at us head-on. All the things I'm learning! Next time I will be aware of the wind and find a spot that is protected from it.

He was cute. Sometimes he would turn his muzzle toward my face and I'd put my cheek up against the area right around his mouth, and it was so warm!!! It was like he was trying to help me. But then he got impatient and started butting his head up against my body. He puts his head low and parallel to your body, then he gives you a big shove. If you aren't sure-footed, you will get knocked over. When he wasn't doing that to me, he was keeping his head in line but was picking his foot out of the bucket. He has to be moving something, but he did really well.

I gave the bunnies come carrots and gave the black one more hay (he didn't have as much as he needed to cover the chicken wire beneath them) and I lead the goats from their day area back to the barn. The young one looks like she's still in heat. For the first time, she had little interest in going into their stall. I was trying to get her in the right direction but it seemed she'd rather take a stroll through the barn and around the front of it. Finally I got them in and closed their door.

I even got a cat fix tonight! Martha showed up. I was petting her but it was static-city so I ended that session sort of abruptly. I groomed just one of the horses (Big Red.) He is not the easiest to give foot care to. I think I'm going to do Daphne instead. Red may do better with someone else. I don't know how to make him let me clean his hooves better and I don't want to do a crappy job. All I need is for the morning peeps to check his hoofs and decide it was done terribly.

Today was "Cheap Chicken Friday" at Stop and Shop, so I drove past the store on the way home. Bought me two more rotisserie chickens; each just $5! Normally they are $7.99 each. So I'll be doing the "chicken Fridays" for as long as I'm eating meat. Yum! I love when someone cooks for me.

I hope everyone has a lovely evening. I'll be snuggled-up with my heating pad and dog. Brrr!

Last edited by CherylB; 02-03-2012 at 05:03 PM..
Old 02-03-2012, 07:24 PM   #169
Major LCF Poster!

Sounds like you had a great day all in all! Now, I couldn't do all that animal stuff. I love horses, but don't really care for animals. I know people say I am crazy, but they are a lot of work and I would rather have a ton of kids! I guess I am working on that, huh?

I will continue to pray for you! Thanks for adding updates for what you specifically need.

Hope you have a great night!
Old 02-04-2012, 11:40 AM   #170
Big Yapper!

Stacey, I feel just the opposite about animals and kids! Maybe because I never had the privilege of having one. I agree about dogs being a lot of work and they do kind of make your life different than say a cat would, because you have to take them for walks and let them outside multiple times a day. A house cat would fit my natural lifestyle more than a dog would. I may try a cat when the inevitable day comes that I no longer have my darling Sissy. (May it be years from now, Lord! I love that little fluffernutter.)

I am up 0.8 today but I'm thinking it's water. I drank a full 1.5 cups of my homemade chicken stock and I also ate more of the rotisserie chicken than I should have (bought it on the way home last night.) It was so worth it, though! I think if I had it to do over again, I'd do it just the same way.

Today I woke around 11:30 am and around 12:15, I noticed that I didn't take my hhcg pellets when the alarm went off at 0900. So, I took my first dose at 12:30 and that sort of sucks. That might have something to do with the bump-up on the scale, too. Sometimes I'm in such a deep sleep at that time of the morning that I just don't do what the alarm is telling me it's time to do.

So today I'm staying home, mostly because I took a full dose of milk of mag. Bernice might be part of the issue so why not flush her out of her hiding places? It's still kind of cold so I have no problem with staying indoors, close to the bathroom. I will also weigh my food and track it on ******, so I can know what it is I'm taking into my body. Yesterday I did none of that.

Hoping I will be in the 160's by Monday! I think it's possible. Then I'm hoping to lose a steady minimum of 3-4 lbs each week from here on out. If I can manage all these things and stay on my round longer than I had originally intended (I may do that), I can quite possibly get to goal in 8 or 9 more weeks. That would be about mid-April.

How wonderful it would be to reach that goal, just in time for my favorite season of the year! What a fabulous way to celebrate its arrival and to experience it. I'm going for it!
Old 02-04-2012, 12:16 PM   #171
Major LCF Poster!

Afternoon, friend!

I agree that a cat would be easier than a dog, but it is still an animal. And DS is dangerously allergic to cats. Poor kid is allergic to everything! If he is around them too long, he breaks out in hives and pretty much has an asthma attack, so no cats for us. I hope you have your lil' love with you for a long time too!

I am so glad that your bump didn't bother you. I have found that it is normal and we have to just deal with it and move on, right? Way to keep your pretty little head about ya!

I am back to siggy weight today and would love to be down past that tomorrow. Haven't been under 140 in a year! C'mon VT!!

Hope you are enjoying your lazy day at home. It is raining here, so we are in for some laziness too! Woo Hoo!!
Old 02-04-2012, 01:56 PM   #172
Big Yapper!

Lazy rainy weekends sound like just the thing! I was going to add a warm fire into that cozy equation, but that would probably bother DS, too. Poor thing.

Well, if I hadn't eaten higher calorie yesterday, then I wouldn't be taking the bump-up this well. But since I earned it, so to speak, ...

My Mom is already getting anxious about the Superbowl tomorrow. I told her to be sure and take a Xanax a half hour before the game begins. She laughed but said it wouldn't help her. I hope she takes it, just the same. She is such a big Patriot's fan. I hope for her sake that they win. If it's a close game, she will be on the edge of her seat the entire time.

Stacey, I'm hoping we both get to VT very soon! It will take me much longer than it will take you, cause I still have a decade to go! I try not to keep saying that because it makes me feel bad. But it's okay and I accept it. Onward and downward, as Jessica likes to say.
Old 02-04-2012, 06:58 PM   #173
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Cheryl! I get grilled chicken from Giant Eagle that is to die for! I eat a leg and 2 thighs and still lose. Its so good and cheap! I take my first dose of drops around noon, sometimes close to 1. And my last dose is lways around 11pm. It works! LOL
I can't stand cold weather bc of my leg pain. I try not to go out much in the winter.
My dd will be buying a car soon, so I won't need to go out other than to the store! I cannot wait!
Talk to ya tomorrow! Super Bowl!!!!
Old 02-05-2012, 11:37 AM   #174
Big Yapper!

Checking in for Sunday. Doing great! VLCD8 today, so on my 7th actual morning of doing VLC, I'm down 9.2! Who can complain about numbers like that? Week two will tell the story of how the rest of this round is likely to go. I predict I'll be back in the 60's tomorrow, then hope to be down a minimum of 3 lbs each week. We shall see!

Tammy, that chicken sounds really yummy. That's funny how you take your first dose of pellets so late in the day. I set my alarm to take them at 09, then again at 15, then lastly at 21. It works well for me, so long as I don't turn off the alarm and not take the pellets.

That will be wonderful when your dd gets the car!
Old 02-05-2012, 12:36 PM   #175
Major LCF Poster!

Glad to hear the pounds are coming off for you, Cheryl! C'mon 60s!! I have to disagree and cheer for the Giants. I am not a Tom Brady fan at all, but your mom sounds like such a huge fan. So CUTE!!

I was the same again today. Boo!! But my friend at church today told me that I was hot and that I was looking really great! I will take that any day!! I am just going to keep doing what I am doing and the scale will move when it is good and ready!

Tammy, that is great DD is getting a car. And your house sounds AMAZING!! Read that on the other thread! That is such a steal for PA. We used to live in MD and there was no way we could by a decent house. So happy for you!
Old 02-05-2012, 01:17 PM   #176
Big Yapper!

Okay. I won't hold it against you! I will comfort either you or her tonight. There are a few Giant's fans even in our family. I don't give a hoot. I feel happy for the winners + sad for the losers.

Thanks for the congrats! I'm encouraged with how things are going. And that's true! The scale moves when it's ready.
Old 02-05-2012, 04:16 PM   #177
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi everyone! I am so excited about our house! We're in SW Pa and you can get so much for your money here. We could've gotten a brand new house for this price but not with so many upgrades. This house is 5 yrs old. But its in super condition and looks like noone was ever really there!
Cheryl, ur doing amazing this time. Your losses will slow down, but they'll add up and then you have to take into consideration the fat loss. I swear I look like I did when I weighed 170 lbs. I love hHCG!
Went grocery shopping today and there's cupcakes and chips and pumpkin roll here!!!! Lord give me strength to stay away from them! Along with you all, too!
Talk to you soon!
Old 02-05-2012, 04:23 PM   #178
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Tammy, that chicken sounds really yummy. That's funny how you take your first dose of pellets so late in the day. I set my alarm to take them at 09, then again at 15, then lastly at 21.
That will be wonderful when your dd gets the car!
I'm hardly ever awake before 11 a.m. And I'm up til 2 a.m. on most nights.
I cannot wait til my dd gets a car! I'm tired of her using mine all the time. Sheesh! LOL
Old 02-05-2012, 04:33 PM   #179
Big Yapper!

Wow. That's a tough and tiring schedule, Tammy. I'm glad she's getting the car soon, too. The house sounds truly amazing. Five years old is nothing! It's like a horse that's 5. He's still just a juvenile! Still working out the kinks and become a teenager. I can't say this enough, so I'll say it again. I am SO HAPPY for you!

I know the losses will slow. They always do. But I don't care because I'm back in the groove and I'm "feelin' it" again. I can go all the way to goal, so long as I can get my minimum of 3 lbs per week. If I stall and stop losing, it will be mentally tough to keep going strong. God be with us all!
Old 02-05-2012, 06:49 PM   #180
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

This super bowl is crazyyy!!!
These people are eating this junk in front of me!
Closed Thread