Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2013, 06:23 PM   #1741
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Hi girls,
Hope you're all doing good!

Cheryl, I found magnesium to be very helpful for keeping things going. Can't remember if I mentioned that before.

Blessings,
Debby

Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2013, 07:52 PM   #1742
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Yeah, I know about magnesium but I don't know what dose you actually need to get that particular "result." I also know that if you take a bunch of magnesium, you also need to take an equal amount of calcium or you can end up in a deficit in the other. It has some sort of competing mechanism in the body that I don't understand. If they aren't equal, one takes advantage of the other. I know that's a poor explanation, but that's why I'm no longer a nurse.

I had a cold but satisfying day at the farm. The two volunteers and I worked together much better this week than our first Wednesday, which was last week. I learned a lot from that experience and today I gave them tasks that were just right for them, and as they completed one they received the next one. It was good for them too, I think. I remember how much it meant to me when I was just a volunteer, to be given some praise and thanks for my hard work, so I made sure I told them that they did a good job and were a big help. I could tell it was appreciated.

Storm's on the way! Tomorrow will be crazy busy everywhere we go. I'm going to the pet store to buy dog food (she's low anyway), grocery store to buy a bunch of stuff, top off the air in my tires, and then I think I'm going to shoot over to the farm and do one thing I'd like to do on behalf of the three minis. I want to do something to make their shelter warmer and better bedded and I have an idea how to do that. I talked about it with the program director (who owns them) and she thought that would work.

They're talking about winds up to 60 mph! The worst of it will be on the tip of Southern New England, so RI, the Cape in Massachusetts and Boston are expected to hit the hardest and it's being described as a blizzard for them. But so far, it's not going to be a "blizzard" where I am. We shall all know very soon, as it plays out.

I knew we were going to get hit with another significant storm to finish out the season, but I didn't think it would be a monster like this will be. They're saying we could get 4" of snow PER HOUR.

In other news, I had a very rude awakening tonight. I had heard that Genie Bras were very comfortable and didn't create "uni-boobs" and so I finally got around to buy a set in CVS. They only had LG and 2X, so I went with LG. They were too tight so I put it back in the box and it sat on my kitchen table for a couple days. Just today, I got around to exchanging them. They hadn't gotten a new supply so my only choice was the 2X.

Well, they are tight too. I can't believe it, ladies. How could a 2X be too tight? I felt SQUISHED and it felt really tight around my left shoulder. I kept trying to adjust it but it was just too uncomfortable so after about 20 minutes, off they came. They will stay in the drawer and I don't know how much I'm going to have to lose for them to fit right. OMG, y'all. I wish I never bought those suckers. Maybe I'll just take them back for a refund. They were $20! A good price, if they delivered what they claimed to deliver.

I hate how I gain ALL OVER my body when I pork up. Head to toe, with no exaggeration. I guess when the weight comes off, that will work in my favor because I'll stay pretty proportionate. But it makes it so hard to fit into clothes right now.

Just stopped to think of what other things I need to get done tomorrow before the storm. All the bird feeders will need to come down, for sure. Will have to weight-down the trash can and recycle can so they don't blow down the street. This is going to enough snow that we'll have to shovel paths for the dogs to do their business!

I'm glad I filled up my gas tank on Monday. I certainly hope the plow guys show up this time! If they don't, I will be calling my landlady. I can't be expected to shovel out when they promised plowing of the driveway. Little storms are no big deal. I just shovel one half of the driveway and throw the snow into the other half. But this is going to be a nightmare.

And when the plows go by! You have to start all over again.

Ok. Done griping. I'll deal with it. We all will be! Night, cuties. I'm off to bed now. But before I go, I want to add one more thing. I had a great sense of well-being at the farm today. It was more than just how smoothly things went with the two volunteers and I. It was very physical. I was aware of a strength in my legs and vitality in my whole body. I felt younger! I felt like I was in my 30's again.

I don't know if it has anything to do with taking the Chia seed drink but it could be that. It is supposed to bind with toxins that the liver is trying desperately to get rid of. If this is what my future looks like, I want more.

Sweet dream, ladies. TTYT.

Last edited by CherylB; 02-06-2013 at 07:55 PM..
Old 02-06-2013, 09:08 PM   #1743
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Cheryl,
I sent you a facebook message, with link in magnesium. My naturopath & Dr both approved magnesium for me, without balancing with calcium. I specifically asked both about it. The naturopath wanted me to take calcium, so she said to take "more" magnesium to be able to handle the calcium. I said I'm already taking one, won't that be too much, she said no. Bowel Dr told me to continue taking it... for regularity. As the article mentions, if you're too loose, then you are more at risk, and if you have a low heart rate, and some kidney problems also, but you'll see. Probably could ask your Dr about your situation. Most problems (they said) were with inter venous magnesium.
I take 1 capsule magnesium citrate 150 mg. first thing in morning, with my lemon drink. Then take 1 with my 1 calcium & all vit's. I also eat 4 small prunes at night... and the 1/4 cup oat bran I have in the afternoon... all my "cures" :... not LC ! ... hyst: But that's precisely the reason I couldn't do LC... that & when I come off of LC I tended to binge on carbs uncontrollably till I gained all lbs back.
Oh... Genie bra... I ordered one for my DD who has trouble finding big enough bra's. They sent it to me by accident... so I opened it & it fit me! Not very supportive either. My sister, who is also quite large, said you have to wear 2 at once to get support... so she doesn't like them at all.
I'm the same way with weight. All over. And its funny, I've had to get rid of shoes even! I passed on a pair of really nice Merrils to my grandson, because they were too loose for me & fit him perfectly. DD said he won't wear anything else now!
That's gonna be some storm, hey? Should be some good stories come out of it.
I'm so happy for you. Your life is taking such a great turn for the better. You are gonna soar with the eagles Cheryl!
Old 02-06-2013, 10:17 PM   #1744
Big Yapper!

I'll check for that message you sent. "Mag Citrate" is what you take? My magnesium tablets say "mag oxide." Mag citrate is the stuff I call "liquid plumber" and have resorted to taking every once in a while, mainly while doing LC. The mag oxide tabs I have are 400mg each. I'm confused. I'll read the article. Thanks so much for sending it to me.

She says you have to wear two genie bras at once? My sister and my mother love theirs and my mother has always had an ample bosom. I don't get it. Maybe if it's "all up front", it works better. But mine is "all around". The entire girth of me, not just the boobs. I wish I could get them reduced. I really wish I could. I'd get really puny ones.

Me too! Shoe sizes go up by a half or more when I'm really heavy. Wearing heels are out of the question. Maybe when I get down to goal I can try wearing them again. That would be fun sometimes.

Yeah. Good stories coming right up! I'm going to make sure I document everything at the farm, too. I'm going to take video and pictures. (After it's over and the clean up has begun.) This might be one for the record books. Will be interesting to see how they keep the horses from just walking over their paddock fences.

Thank you, Debby! It's amazing how life can change for the better if you're just willing to try something new. I never would have volunteered to do hard work unless it was with the horses. In fact, I think the only time I volunteered in my life (that I can recall) was church-related or at the Food Pantry, back when I first needed to go there in town. It was something for me to do while I was trying to get used to being disabled. Sounds strange but you need to be with people at least some of the time. I spent so much time alone in my home back then. I can't even fathom how I did it, but I sometimes (oftentimes) wouldn't start up my car or really leave the house for 2 weeks at a time.

I'm gonna soar with the eagles!!! I like that. I'm going to ride the horses, too.

Last edited by CherylB; 02-06-2013 at 10:21 PM..
Old 02-07-2013, 07:03 AM   #1745
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just a quick note. Maybe they don't sell the small-dose magnesium citrate capsules. I know what you're referring to, that's what my dad used to take, liquid I think? NO! This is available in capsules, only 150 mg.
Hope you are all safe & things go well today!
Old 02-07-2013, 08:15 AM   #1746
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
Cheryl be safe in the storm and don't overdo it at the farm !

BTW, I take 400 mg Magnesium tablets every night too to help me sleep. The only magnesium citrate I've seen is the bottle to clean you out ;0

Soar on !!!
Old 02-07-2013, 08:38 AM   #1747
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
I too take magnesium. I have a combo one now w. calcium in it too. I take it more for leg cramps than anything else.

Hope the storm isn't too hard on the animals! So glad you're there to get them ready for it. I'm so glad you're getting paid for something you love now! And you're good w. the volunteers, having been there yourself . All good stuff!

And shovelling it good exercise . I remember it well! Enjoy your weekend!!

Debby and Laura!!
Old 02-07-2013, 09:36 AM   #1748
Big Yapper!

And so is raking, Julie! I've never raked so much in my entire life. I try to switch the rake to left or right hand so I don't just tone and build up on one side of my torso. That would look rather freaky.

I just googled how the pill form of mag citrate differs from the liquid mag citrate used as a powerful laxative (BTW, when I said I used it from time to time, I was confused. I use Milk of Mag. But I have used mag citrate liquid. It is nasty!) I didn't get a clear answer from that website.

Anyway, that's the least of my problems right now. Winter storm Charlotte is more pressing. I need to get out of bed and get busy. I will go for groceries but I won't buy a ton of food, in case we lose power. I could lose all that food and that would be very bad. Everyone's talking about snow fall rates and expected accumulation, but no one is talking about whether this is going to be light snow or heavy, wet snow.

Now they are calling it Winter storm Nemo! Somebody make up your minds!!!

So, I better get moving. BBL, girls. Have a nice day.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:44 AM   #1749
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Hello! So, about the Genie bra--I may well have been the one who told you they were good, and they *were.* I have an old one that is my favorite bra EVER, and I am a DD, so it's not like I'm one of those people who doesn't need any support. My beloved one is a size Medium. It said buy your t-shirt size, and that is my t-shirt size (you've heard me lament for years about my tiny rib cage and how hard it makes it to fit clothes.) That size medium fits like a dream. It's almost like a camisole, comes down my ribs several inches below the bustline, which makes it more supportive.

So a few months ago, I thought wow, I should get some more of those in other colors. I bought a package of two at Walmart, size medium. WOuldn't even go over my shoulders to put it on. The fabric is different--thinner, shinier, MUCH less stretchy. So I took those back and got a large. Same story--couldn't even stretch it out enough to pull it on. So back those went. and I gave up after that

Long story short--it's not YOU, it's the product! They changed it, and the quality and size are drastically altered!

My (old) HCG Journal

My NEW Journal
Old 02-07-2013, 04:12 PM   #1750
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
I just googled how the pill form of mag citrate differs from the liquid mag citrate used as a powerful laxative (BTW, when I said I used it from time to time, I was confused. I use Milk of Mag. But I have used mag citrate liquid. It is nasty!) I didn't get a clear answer from that website.
Hi Cheryl,
I just sent pictures of magnesium bottle to your facebook. Maybe a health food store? I get it in enlightened drug stores... but then, I'm in Canada.
I see this site also sells it... not sure what the dose is from their description though.
http://www.netrition.com/now_magnesium_citrate.html

Last edited by DebbyL; 02-07-2013 at 04:15 PM..
Old 02-07-2013, 04:27 PM   #1751
Big Yapper!

(Jessica): Oh, bless you my child! That makes me feel much better. I can't wear a medium shirt until I'm at goal. I don't know why but I just need larger sizes, but not 2X! Goodness! I wish I'd gotten some back before they cheaped-out. It wasn't just you that told me. My sister Donna and my Mom also raved about them. I took them back today.

I'm all set for the storm. I took down the big bird feeder that hooks onto a chain that is attached to a tree limb in the back yard. I also took the patio table and tipped it on its side, up against the back of the large shed. I don't want to have that shattered from being flipped by the wind. I kept the smaller ones (feeders) on the front porch where they are. I'll take them down if the winds are too ferocious. This storm is supposed to be a monster. But they've been wrong before. They love to hype things up.

I went to the drug store to get a refund for the bras and the "lint lizard" (what a joke). I went to the pet store to buy my girl's dog food and ended up buying a beautiful Betta fish. He's gorgeous! I'll try to find a picture of one like him on the internet cause I know if I try to take his picture, it will suck. I hate the way they keep them in those little cups. How long are they in those? The guy said they don't move around much, even if you give them a bigger bowl, but when I got him home and prepared the water with the stuff that makes tap water safe, he hasn't stopped moving since I put him in there. He's a happy boy!

So then I went to Goodwill, just to see if I could find some little treasure. I found a nice coffee mug, a decorative Spring-themed popcorn tin, a huge neck pillow (shaped like a giant C), a small non-stick saucepan with a lid with vent, and a really nice wooden back massager. I tried it in the store and it's wonderful.

After that, I went to Price Chopper for my groceries and finally stopped at Advanced Auto for ice melt salt. I bought 2 bags; 20 lbs each. I have a lot of area to cover and I'll probably need to clean the walkways a few times. Landlady gets a little crazed if the walkways aren't cleaned in a timely fashion. She's nice but we all have our pet peeves.

I took all the trash that I could find in the house and threw it in the big trash can outside. I went through the refrigerator to look for stuff that was beyond hope, and included those things in the trash. Took out the recycle stuff, too. I am charging the batteries for my camera and camcorder, and will try and keep the cell phone plugged in during the time where the storm is really cranking.

I also stopped at the farm (before all my shopping) to see if my idea to help the minis was a good one, but it got ixnayed. So I was only there for about 120 seconds and then I was back in my car. She was about to jump in the shower to get ready for work. She's a Paramedic.

Last night I washed all my dirty clothes, so I'll be all set if the power goes down. I really hope this thing goes out to sea and moves quicker than they are saying it will. If it's a sit and spin, we're doomed.

I ate some rotisserie chicken (on the way home) but now I'm hungry again. I guess I'll go make some scrambled eggs and bacon. I need to see some movement on the scale soon. I need to know that the Chia seeds aren't going to be a problem.

Have a good night, everyone. I'm going to try and get to sleep early tonight. Hope the people upstairs aren't throwing a party. :/ You never know, with them.

Here's a fish pic! He looks something like this. He's a fringie Betta:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mr Fish, new Betta.jpg (51.2 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by CherylB; 02-07-2013 at 04:35 PM..
Old 02-07-2013, 06:35 PM   #1752
Big Yapper!

I just found this on Accuweather. I hope it is okay to post this link. It shows my location and the two approaching Lows. We are dead in the cross hairs.

Northeast Regional Doppler Weather Radar Map - AccuWeather.com
Old 02-08-2013, 01:02 PM   #1753
Big Yapper!

Where is everybody? Talking to myself here. Here is what I posted on the Atkins thread. No point in retyping:

Okay. Hopefully I can stop texting with my sister and keep both hands on the computer and do a proper post. Snowing steadily and the flakes are small and compact. Accumulating fast. When I went outside to turn my car around in the driveway (landlady said it would be easier to move my car out of the way when the plow guy comes), I cleaned off all the windows so I could see, then I did one of those K-turns in the street and went to back into the driveway in the same spot I just pulled out of. I couldn't see out the windows! I got far enough in so I was off the road, then had to get out and wipe the windows and side mirrors off again. Even then, I couldn't see well enough to park well. I'm half in the grass along side the driveway, ****-eyed.

Since I was already dressed in my boots and coat with hood and gloves, I went to the big shed (I like to call it a barn) and got the shovel out so I could have it handy. Cisco was out there with me and then all of a sudden, Oliver came like a shot and started playing with us (the dog upstairs.) I made some snowballs and he was so excited, leaping off the ground, flying through the air. Cissy doesn't give a hoot about those. So I tossed a few balls in the air and Ollie leaped and chomped each one in mid-air.

I got the two of them racing around after each other and we had ourselves a good time, then I rubbed the snow off of Cisco and we went indoors. I gave her a good towel-drying and inside the house we went.

People are still out there driving! I even just saw two motorcycles go by (they looked more like dirt bikes, that shouldn't even be on the road, legally.) What are people doing out there? They are just plain STUPID! Just turning around on the street, I was slipping and sliding and my car is heavy and very good in snow.

Eventually, I'll probably see snowmobiles using the roads because the roads will be impassible. There is only so much plowing that can be done. There are so many roads that need to be kept clear and this storm is going to break every town's budget for snow removal. Then there are the salt/sand trucks. (Speaking of which, one went by just as I was typing that.)

It's pretty and I have all the blinds not only open, but pulled up so they are out of the way, I pulled aside all the shear curtains so nothing is obstructing the show. I dread when the plow guy comes cause then I'll have to move the car, but I'm so thankful that there IS a plow guy. Thank you, landlady!!!!

Otherwise, I will not be leaving the house to do anything other than shovel out until the storm is completely over and all roads are cleaned up for the last time. Then come Saturday, once I get notice from the equine manager at the farm that the guy has plowed out the parking lots, I will go up there and do my best to help shovel the places where the plow could not go. I don't know what those areas are yet because I've never experienced this kind of storm since I started getting involved with the farm a year ago.

The paddocks will have to be cleaned out or the horses will have no trouble just hopping over their fences. That would be bad. And their stalls are going to be a nightmare. There will be no sifting and saving of shavings cause everything is going to be so filthy. We will indeed have our work cut out for us. I hope all the volunteers come out in droves to help out tomorrow afternoon. We will need every pair of hands and every strong back we can get. I wish we had more wheelbarrows!

Weight-wise, I'm in a stall on the scale. I was certain I would see 196 today cause I felt thinner but I'm up even more than I was the past two days. I started taking those Chia seeds on Tuesday. That day I weighed 194.4. The next day I was 198.4. I weighed the same the next day. Today I'm 199. So no Chia seeds for me today and I took a full dose of Milk of Magnesia to "clean out."

I'd forgotten I was 194 on Tuesday! I didn't realize that the chia seeds had caused me to bloat up so much. So, I will only do the Chias once in a while, to help my liver get rid of toxins. It will NOT be an every day thing. I wouldn't be surprised to see a 4 or 5 lb drop in the next day or two, without the chias in my system. I guess it does the same thing to me that the coconut oil does. BUMMER!

TTYL. I have much coffee drinking to do. Later, gators. Will keep you informed of all storm news and if I take pics, I will post.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:29 PM   #1754
Big Yapper!

Northeast Regional Doppler Weather Radar Map - AccuWeather.com

Latest New England radar image. We're in the thick of it, but it won't get super crazy until around midnight and through the night.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:35 PM   #1755
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BellaRose
Enjoy reading your posts...

Glad your enjoying your work and home.
I wouldn't like all the snow where
you live thro. California here. No snow
unless we want to drive to it!

Keep up the good work on losing weight
and finding what works for you.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:20 PM   #1756
Big Yapper!

Thank you, Bella! I like areas like you live. You should be able to "chose" snow. I see people getting plowed out and I was told to keep an eye out for our plow guy, then move the car when he comes. I didn't know if the guy plowing across the street was the same one that does ours, so I'm pacing around the house like a Panther. It's not like I'm going to be able to just run out there and move the car cause I can't see out the windows until I clear them off. (Not to mention the minutes it will take for me to THROW on my boots, and coat.) Is he going to sit there and wait for me to do that? I doubt it! He usually does the half of the driveway I'm not parked in, then does a side swipe in front of my car. That's enough for me. I expect to have to shovel around my car. It's a hassle to try and time it right for the dude when you have no clue when he's going to come. Or IF he's going to come. The storm won't end until tomorrow morning sometime.

Sorry to dump on you, Bella. but you're the only one around. Have a nice day out there in lovely CA. Where abouts in CA, if you don't mind my asking.

Last edited by CherylB; 02-08-2013 at 02:21 PM..
Old 02-08-2013, 07:19 PM   #1757
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sorry 'bout all the snow you all are getting. Looks like its shaking things up for the whole east coast.

Hope your horse's are all cozy & warm in their stalls.

We're having mild weather here, looking good for the next few days too.

Sorry I wasn't around to chat.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:20 PM   #1758
Blabbermouth!!!

Home now Cheryl, be safe out there when you go out ! Putting TV on the weather channel now so I can track this "nemo" that's hitting you . Glad you got everything taken care of before it hit.

Prayers that it will pass quickly and for all those in your area without shelter or heat !!
Old 02-08-2013, 10:09 PM   #1759
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Have fun with your blizzard Cheryl!
Saw part of your video... yep, its a storm!
Hope your power & heat stay on!
Old 02-08-2013, 10:16 PM   #1760
Big Yapper!

I uploaded 3 videos that I took of this storm tonight. I tried to put them on FB, cause that seemed to be the place most people wanted them to be put. But they would just never load. Then I went to Youtube and got all three uploaded, but I can't play any of them! It's like that thing that happens sometimes "error occurred. please try again later."

So then I clicked "share" and sent it to FB. It's there! But it won't play, either. So if anyone is interested, maybe your computer will play the videos I uploaded. My name on Youtube is "TubieNewbie3." Hope you can view them. They were loaded in the order that I filmed them, so go to the third one down and work you way up to the top.

Let me know if you were able to see them, please. This storm has gone way beyond anything I've seen since maybe the blizzard we had back in 1978. It's no longer fun or funny. It's not a desperate situation. I don't know how I still have power but I won't be shocked if it's off in the morning when I wake up.

They have been plowing the parking lot at the fire house across the street, all day religiously. They have given up and to look across the street, it looks like nobody every even plowed once. Well, there is a mountain of snow piled up near the flag pole, but aside from that, the parking lot snow is as deep as everywhere else.

My car is nearly buried on the passenger side. The driveway is invisible except for a small depression that can be seen in the center of it. The drifts are so high that I'm going to have to literally fight to get out the door tomorrow to try and dig my way out.

And this storm is nowhere near over. It's going to be snowing at this current rate (3-4"/hr) until dawn. I am watching the Weather Channel and every time they show the radar, the heaviest band of snow is right over the central area of the state. I'm in that band, to the left side of it. We are getting pounded.

I can only pray for my manager at the farm and the program director who is staying the night to help the manager get through this. All the animals are stranded in their stalls. I'm sure hay isn't a problem because the can be placed in buildings and carried short distances even in deep snow. But how on earth are they going to keep the horses' water buckets filled?

I'm afraid for them. I will have to just get out there and do my level best to dig my way out of the driveway tomorrow and not even wait for the stupid plow guy (who never came.) I have to get up there. Then again, I was told that until the guy comes to plow at the farm, there is nowhere for us to park even if 20 of us wanted to help them. UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please continue to pray for us. I hope you can see my videos cause back when I filmed them, I was still able to see the levity in the situation. Not anymore.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:17 PM   #1761
Big Yapper!

You were able to see it on FB? I'll go and send the other two over there, too. OMG, Debby. PRAY!
Old 02-08-2013, 10:31 PM   #1762
Big Yapper!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/cheryl.boucher.18

They are working on FB so take your pick. Enjoy!
Old 02-09-2013, 08:30 AM   #1763
Big Yapper!

My memory card was full after taking only two pics. I'm in the process of uploading all my pics to my computer (done, actually) and then I'll wipe out the memory card. Anyway, this is today. Winds are still swirling around and filling in places that we've shoveled or paths my nice upstairs neighbor made with snow shoes, to help the dogs get around the yard. That will be gone by 1 or 2 this afternoon.

I have one more video that I took at the same time as these pics. Once I post these, I'll go to Youtube and upload that video. I don't even know where to begin. No ordinary plow will be able to make a dent in the snow at the street end of my driveway. The snow is higher than the hood of my car.

If anyone is actually out there reading this stuff, let me know if you saw the videos so I know someone is benefiting from all my labor. PS: Those little things in the second shot are the mailboxes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Blizzard Nemo or Charlotte, 2.9.13-1.JPG (83.1 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Blizzard Nemo or Charlotte, 2.9.13-2.JPG (71.5 KB, 15 views)
Old 02-09-2013, 08:42 AM   #1764
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pendragginp
OMG Cheryl!! That's amazing even to me, and we get a LOT of snow here in the winter wonderland!

You still have power I take it? How is Cissie managing to go out??
Old 02-09-2013, 08:47 AM   #1765
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pendragginp
And yes, I can see your videos on youtube - I'm not on fb, so can't check that for you. Neat to hear your voice! And I lol-ed @ Cissie's snow face.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:49 AM   #1766
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning cheryl ! Hope you got some rest ! Those are some amazing videos ... i saw them on FB this morning with no problems. Do you not have any power today ? Hope you have a fireplace ......poor Cissy ......

Stay warm and let us know you are ok....will continue to pray for you all there
Old 02-09-2013, 09:34 AM   #1767
Big Yapper!

Hello, ladies. , Plum! Wow, it's been a long time no-see. Glad you ladies can see my living nightmare. I just uploaded 3 more. I don't think I'll be taking any more of this storm. I'll take stills at various points during the clean up. That will be sufficient.

I thought about that too, how you will finally hear my voice. Somehow (praise God) we still have power here. Last night there were 600K+ without power in New England so it must be close to or over a million by now. Haven't heard the latest reports on that.

There's no way in heaven or hell that I'm going to make it to the farm today. I emailed the manager and told her so, but I'm sure she figured that out on her own. I wonder how much plowing the poor guy will be able to do up there. The drifts on the top of that hill must be even more devastating than "down here" where I live. They are at the very top of "Hill St."

At 0430, I was still awake and just felt like I had to get out there and do something. It was getting to the point where I wouldn't be able to get out of either of my doors. So I went on the front porch and cleaned that off, then went down each step, across the grass, over the side walk (cross-wise) and more than half way to the car. Then I made a "culdesac" for Cissy to do her business in. She used it no problem and I was so happy! I think I already wrote about this, but it's worth repeating.

The thing that's keeping me from really digging out yet is the wind. It will only fill right back up if I shovel out now. Been there, did that yesterday. What I cleared off during the night filled back in somewhat, but by that time of the night, I could see the snow was lightening up. I took a chance and I'm glad I did.

With so little sleep, the scale is rarely every kind. But I'm down over a lb of the Chia seed bump-up.

Have the best day you can possibly have today, ladies. I will do the same.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:08 AM   #1768
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good for the lb. down. How much chia seed were you eating? I bought some, but haven't received the order yet. Better be educated about this stuff before I start eating it.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:35 AM   #1769
Big Yapper!

What did you think of my new Avi, Debby? The bag of Chia seeds says to take 1 tablespoon per day in 8 oz of juice. I don't know how it would be in water, so I used 4-C fruit punch (only powdered drink I had with no calories) which has Splenda in it instead of Crystal Light, which has Aspertame. I took it for 3 days in a row. Weight kept going up.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:00 PM   #1770
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 51 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
My memory card was full after taking only two pics. I'm in the process of uploading all my pics to my computer (done, actually) and then I'll wipe out the memory card. Anyway, this is today. Winds are still swirling around and filling in places that we've shoveled or paths my nice upstairs neighbor made with snow shoes, to help the dogs get around the yard. That will be gone by 1 or 2 this afternoon.

I have one more video that I took at the same time as these pics. Once I post these, I'll go to Youtube and upload that video. I don't even know where to begin. No ordinary plow will be able to make a dent in the snow at the street end of my driveway. The snow is higher than the hood of my car.

If anyone is actually out there reading this stuff, let me know if you saw the videos so I know someone is benefiting from all my labor. PS: Those little things in the second shot are the mailboxes.
OMG, those 2 pics!! It looks like a flat spot till you dig a little and see you have a car parked there!!! And I saw your video on FB. Your little car is waving the white flag and want s to go back to Arizona!!! But what a georgous area you live in! I would take a bit of snow for that!!

I take mag daily. I always take it with a calcium supplement as calcium is constipating! I take Nature's Way Mag Blend which is a blend of mag citrate . Mine are 250mg each. I always take one with anything fortified with a lot of calcium like Almond Breeze.

My Avi is my horse Chakka and me Longview horse trials 5/14

"Go sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here!"

Official freer of canned worms

Find me on Facebook: Cindy Cavanagh

Last edited by CindyCRNA; 02-09-2013 at 12:03 PM..
Closed Thread