Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2013, 04:54 PM   #1711
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Hey, girl! It's a whole new month! Come out and play!

Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2013, 06:01 PM   #1712
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Debby, I'm glad you figured out quickly about the dandelion root. Sorry you hurt your back! Did you have a nice hike today?

Julie! Nice to see you over here today. Yes, I'm enjoying the horses but now that I'm staff, the whole essence of it has changed. I am going to get my real "fixes" during my volunteer time. When you are "the" staff barn worker on that day, there is so much to do. And I'm finding out (RAPIDLY) that having volunteers is not usually a good thing. Long story. But I won't be giving them the more fun tasks until I get to know them and see what they can handle. Grab a rake and a wheelbarrow and I'll gladly show you which paddock needs cleaning. In fact, I saved it just for you!

I'm in a holding pattern at 200.4 but that seems to always happen at certain set-points. I remember it took a while to get below the 200's last time too. How does the body know it's being weighed in pounds? Have you ever thought of that? How strange that it gets "hung up" at certain round numbers or "decades" on the scale.

Hey, Laura! Jessica, thanks for the reminder of the new month. I haven't flipped my calendars or gone to see if the new Atkins thread was started. Too dog gone busy these days! Today I went to have my oil change. I had a coupon for $18 and thought that was pretty sweet. It would have ended up being around $22 with all the environmental fees and such added on. But when it rang up on their computer system, it came in under $12! The guy was puzzled by it but he just let it go. I almost shouted, "PTL!"

Thought they were going to flush out my radiator and fill with new coolant but they didn't have the proper machine to do it. They only have the vacuum type and mine is so gunked up that it needs to be flushed before vacuuming. I thought that's what "flushing out a radiator" meant. So then I drove to a Pep Boys on slippery, icy roads (got a crazy little snow squall during the time of my oil change) and I explained to the guy about what I needed and that the other mechanic sent me to him. He looked completely clueless. Said there was nobody there to do it today and I could make an appointment for tomorrow. I said I'd just find a place closer to home and went back out the door.

The roads were so slippery that I actually was down-shifting into 3rd and 2nd gear at times, to keep the car at a controlled, slow and steady pace. Thankfully it was not a problem when I got back on the highway and headed back north. It hadn't snowed at all in my town, which is at a higher elevation. Again, . Usually we get those things while the lower elevations dodge them.

Took my vitos around 6pm yesterday. I thought it was still early enough that it wouldn't muck up my sleep, but I was wrong. I was up half the night, chewing sugarless gum. At some point I decided to make a little soup out of beef broth and fried up hamburger (one of the sliders I bought at the store the other day.) Mostly I just ended up drinking the broth because the meat had a weird, tough texture. Made me wonder how terrible the ground beef was that they used to make their little "gourmet" patties.

So tonight I hope to sleep well. Didn't eat until 4 pm so did not take vitos today. I've gotten out of the habit of eating earlier in the day and my losses on the scale are showing the difference. I'm going to go back to eating something early so I can take my vitos and not have them adversely affect me. I need those nutrients, working as hard as I do.

My kick-@$$ boots arrived tonight! I just went to put the dog out and there it was! A full week early, too. I'm shocked and very happy cause we're back in another deep freeze and I have to be at the farm for 10:30 am to help out for the new volunteer orientation. It will last until 1pm. I will be wearing the best footwear EVER. Haven't tried them on yet because I want them to warm up a while. They look brittle at the moment. It's COLD out there.

While I was waiting for my car to be worked on, I walked across the street to the TGIF. I looked over the appetizer menu and chose something to eat that looked totally Atkins-friendly. The woman looked at me funny when I ordered the Spinach Dip with just a spoon; hold the tostada strips. It was actually really good. I also splurged and had a glass of White Zin. It was a small glass so I'm sure it was 4 oz. I sipped it very slowly and was shocked at how quickly I got a buzz, and how strong it was. One glass of wine would never have been enough in the past. Another bonus for cutting way back on frequency.

So since there was so much cheese in that dip, I just decided not to have any more cheese for the remainder of the day. It's 9 pm and I've yet to eat anything more. I don't think I'll bother cause I'm not hungry and I have sleep to catch up on. And knowing I need to get up early and be at the farm around 10:15, that motivates me to start popping my pills, pronto!

That's my day in a nutshell, girls. Will have more stories to tell tomorrow. Hope they're all good ones. Sleep tight and God bless.

Last edited by CherylB; 02-01-2013 at 06:09 PM..
Old 02-01-2013, 11:25 PM   #1713
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
Hey Cheryl, spinach dip and a glass of wine sounds like a wonderful dinner !

Sleep well ! Hope tonight is better sleep than last night...... yep, better let the volunteers help YOU not the other way around. Your job is already hard enough !
Old 02-02-2013, 06:34 AM   #1714
Big Yapper!

I know, right? It ended up being breakfast, lunch AND dinner cause I didn't eat again after that. But I'm in Onederland today so I'm doing something right!

Sipping a coffee and about to get ready for a volunteer orientation at the farm. It's sunny and 20 degrees out there. I was looking out the kitchen window and saw my first bunny! He was a rather large cotton tail and he hopped along the back yard, then ducked into this little brushy area. I'll always think of him when I am out that way. Maybe I'll toss him carrots sometimes. The underground dog fence wraps all around that area, so the bunny is very smart to live there.

Later, ladies! It's cold out there so I'm going to grab another coffee at dunkin donuts on the way to the farm. It will last from 10:30 until 1. (The orientation, not the coffee.) Some will be indoors, some outdoors. Brrrrrr!

Feeling spunky and chipper today! Even woke up before both alarms I set! PTL!
Old 02-02-2013, 08:47 AM   #1715
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Congrats & welcome to Onederland! :jumpjoy :
Such a good, head start & energizing you too. Perfect!
Step by step your life is improving, so awesome, so blessed!
What kind of boots did you get? Cause I think I have the "best" boots Mine are Bogs.
I slept in today. After a 2 hour hike, racing home to cook & clean for company & entertaining till 10 pm. I slept & slept!
Not sure what's up for my day, hoping not much.
See you later!
Old 02-02-2013, 09:42 AM   #1716
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
Yayyyyy!!!!! Good for you!!!!! Enjoy your day! ttyl !
Old 02-02-2013, 11:21 AM   #1717
Blabbermouth!!!

Welcome back to One-derland, my friend! Hope you are warm!
Old 02-02-2013, 12:59 PM   #1718
Big Yapper!

Boots: Kamik, from Canada. I bought them on Amazon. They are comfy and warm. Nice looking, too! Little by little (to copy what you said,) I'm going to look more and more like a horse lady.

I agree with you. I feel so incredibly blessed, Debby. I was convinced my best years were behind me. (WAY behind me.) Now I know that isn't true at all.

Glad you got in a good nap after your hike. I hope all goes well for your entertaining! That's tonight? How many people are coming? Is your hubby glad to be home? Is he lazing around, trying to recoup? I would be!

Thanks, Tammy and Jessica! Yep. "Back to Onederland." Good to BE back. Never again, people. Never again. I will have someone put me in a straight jacket before I let my eating disorder take me that far up the scale again.

Actually, I thought of something that would be a terrific dieting tool, but I don't know how practical it would be. Might make living your life difficult. Here's what I was thinking of. If you can't bend your elbow enough to make your hand reach your mouth, it would automatically cut down on how much you could eat in a day. I'm not sure the best way to implement this idea, but I like the concept. Unrestrain the arms for one hour, three or four times a day for eating and "cripple" yourself the rest of the time. You could do dishes and drive the car and all that other stuff, but you couldn't bend your arm to the degree required to put something in your mouth. Isn't that a good idea? Someday, someone will come up with this same idea and make a killing. (If it's one of you, please remember who gave you the idea and send me some dough!)

Today's meeting was the best meeting EVER! Everyone that was there were people who are already volunteers so we didn't have to cover any of the usual basics. It was amazing. We got into learning how the horse's brain thinks and works, and how to read a horse (even deeper than just his ears and stuff like that.) I found out the the Program Director (the lady giving the class) is a Master in Reiki! And she was talking about energy and the size of our energy field, the size of a horse's field, she talked about "grounding" and casting aside all the clutter that rolls around in your mind and how actually visualize yourself as a tree with roots and all this fascinating stuff! All these things make you relate to and interact with the horses (and people) that much better.

She said when you come to the farm with a ton of baggage in your Spirit, the horses feel that and are affected by it. So much so that if someone was scheduled to be a leader of a horse for a therapy lesson on a certain day and they just suffered a deep personal loss (an pet, family member, or something like that), they should get someone to replace them for as long as it takes to feel good enough to be able to "leave it at the door" for long enough to do the lessons.

She said that you need to use visualization to get the horse to do what you want. The horse can actually read your mind, in a very real sense. I mean, I am simply amazed! There is so much to know and learn and I'm even more jazzed about this now than I was before. I didn't know that was even possible.

I always knew about "positive affirmations" and stuff like that; "living in the now", etc. But this is where it actually becomes real and almost measurable. If there is a certain problem area a rider has (such as posting at the trot rather than flopping all around in the saddle,) the rider creates an affirmation to fit the problem. And it helps! So I'm going to come up with some good ones for myself. Trotting is a problem for me, but even more than that is my left hip. If my hip won't tolerate the straddling position, I can't get to the trot! So I have a lot of thinking today, and a lot of things to reflect on and new practices to implement in my daily life.

I should have had to pay to attend a class like that. I have so much to be thankful for! And then we went out on the bitter cold (with wind) and I got Cowboy out of the paddock and brought him into the arena so she could show us how to do "liberty work." Very basic liberty work but she showed examples of how the horse is moved by our energy. It was much clearer after the class. An "aha" moment, to quote Oprah.

Oh, ladies. I'm home! I mean, so much so that if my closest sister and her husband ever do leave CT to move to a State that their son and his wife land in to settle down and raise a family, I might not go along with them. And before Shepard Meadows (first time I think I ever said the name of the facility), I'm sure I would have packed up and followed them just about anywhere. Now I'd have to really weigh the pros and cons of leaving or staying here and living without them.

There are therapeutic riding centers all over the country and probably most countries in the world, but once you become part of one particular one, you become like family. It would take a lot to get me to leave them. The more time that passes, the more impossible that's going to be.

But in other news, I'm defrosting another pork tenderloin for dinner. It was most of the way defrosted in the refrig but I decided to take it out and let it come up to close to room temperature before cooking it. I should be scarfing by 7pm.

I'm tired, ladies. It seems like I never sit still or lay still anymore. My hands and arms and brain are in constant motion. No wonder I find it hard to sleep! I need to schedule in some real down-time each day, to meditate or just practice deep breathing and being "still." I need it bad.

So right now, I'm going to tuck my hands under my fanny and do nothing until it's time to go season the meat and heat the oven. Love you all! Have a very special evening and a great Sunday. If you give a crap who wins the Superbowl, may your team win.

Last edited by CherylB; 02-02-2013 at 01:12 PM..
Old 02-02-2013, 03:16 PM   #1719
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Cheryl,
Oh, I didn't take a nap... just read my emails, before proceeding with dinner preparations.
Sounds like you really enjoyed yourself today. So happy for the way things are going for you.
I posted a picture from my hike on my thread...
Old 02-03-2013, 06:10 PM   #1720
Big Yapper!

I can't believe I haven't been on my journal today! How did that happen? I spent the day at home and I got a lot of cleaning done in the kitchen and bathroom. I'm not finished but I made great strides. One thing that is keeping me from finishing in the kitchen is I need to talk to the landlady about putting up another wooden shelf in the long cabinet that's got 3 large doors on it. There's a long, skinny shelf near the top, but the rest of the cabinet is one giant hole. Things don't organize well in there at all and it's frustrating, trying to make it functional.

So today I took a tape measure and decided how wide I want the second shelf to be. The board needs to be about 13" deep (or wide) and 72" long. I need a couple of brackets and maybe a small wooden block (that's how she's got the small shelf installed.) If I had that new shelf, oh boy! I'd have all the cabinet space I'd need. Will ask her about it when the house is freshly cleaned, so if she wants to come inside to see what I'm talking about, I can say "come on it!"

I need to transplant my largest and oldest Amaryllis. It's going to be blooming soon and the poor thing needs some room. I know they like to be a bit crowded but it's time for a nice, new pot. Hope to do that by Tuesday.

Night, ladies. Missed chatting with you today. Hope all is well in your neck of the woods.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:15 PM   #1721
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey cheryl, just wanted to let you know I get my 2nd round of steroid injections tomorrow. My appt is 10:50 so we are leaving at 10 a.m. My dd is taking me this time. She took the day off so she can take care of chloe and my dh can go to work. He drove me crazy last time.
I'll be in bed all day and taking it easy. It hurts like heck the first couple days.
Talk to ya tomorrow! Good night !
Old 02-03-2013, 08:24 PM   #1722
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Cheryl & Tammy,
Sounds like you had a very productive day at home. Good for you!

Busy day for me, as Sundays usually are. Had the 4 grandkiddo's with us all day. Lots of fun & cooking.

Ah, Tammy that shot doesn't sound fun, but I guess after the first couple of days it feels better? Hope so! Is it for you back? My sister in law gets something for her back & she has to lay around for the day.

Hope you both have a good evening!
Old 02-04-2013, 08:38 AM   #1723
Big Yapper!

I will pray for your injections tomorrow, Tammy. I hope they don't hurt as much this time as they usually do. I hope you can check in with us often to tell us how you're doing. I'm glad someone is going to be watching Chloe. What about for the days that follow the injection, when you're flat out in bed? I hope they have that covered, too.

Debby, sounds like a fun Sunday! Mine was indeed productive. But my weight is stalled now that I'm in the 100's again. I suspect and blame the poop machine. Things are slogging along and I know I have to have something in there that needs to "git along." I can't take anything today. I have the farm.

The other thing it could be is I had another lousy night's sleep. It started out pretty cool, actually. Cisco hopped up on the bed and laid beside me, almost like a human would, with her head nearly on the other pillow and she was facing me. She'd reach out with one of her paws and put it on my arm. It was so adorable! So unlike her. So I tried to turn over on my right side to get comfortable and that meant we were face to face.

She wouldn't close her eyes. Every time I opened mine, hers were open and she was looking me in the eye. It was so strange. So strange that I prayed it wasn't some "moment" that I'll look back on and think, "She was saying goodbye!" We laid like that for almost 15 or 20 minutes and then she got up and moved to the end of the bed. But it was so peculiar. Lord, please keep my baby safe and well. She's only 10. Let her live another good 5 years or so!

So after that, and after being riled-up by yet another social event by the neighbors who live above me, I couldn't fall asleep. I swear; some people must have nothing to say to each other so they need a constant flow of guests to keep things lively. I am the opposite of them and it makes it annoying at times. I hope if they ever move out, the landlady finds someone closer to my age, who is a quiet, keep-to-themselves kind of person.

I have a few things I need to do before the farm so I'm going to go take care of that stuff, then I'll come back to LCF. Have a great day, girls!

Last edited by CherylB; 02-04-2013 at 08:41 AM..
Old 02-04-2013, 01:09 PM   #1724
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hello ladies, I'll start with me. I got the 2 injections. HURRRRT!!!! And yes, they are for my L3 & 4 (low back). He tried a different way to try to get me more relief. I had to be wheeled out of the injection room because I couldn't straighten out my leg to stand all the way up. Hurt too much. And my foot was asleep! That was new also. I got a bad headache from it this time, which is a first, but I know thats a side effect ppl sometimes experience. Laying here with my ice pack and not getting up other than bathroom runs. LOL
My dd is staying home tomorrow too. After that I'll be fine. I'll be "sore" all week, but able to get around and walk the stairs easier and helping chloe too.
In 2 weeks I go for a hip injection, but its nothing like these. I can drive myself and I won't be layed up afterwards.
Cheryl ur post cracked me up! I can just imagine ur lovable dog looking a you. Thats so precious! I want a dog too. I have a friend who just bred her Boxer last month and shes hoping shes pregnant now. They are pricey but they're pure bred with papers. They are smart, adorable, playful dogs and I'd like to get one. We'll see! LOL I don't know if I want a dog so big. Maybe a smaller dog would be easier for me to deal with. Ya know, bathing and walking. But I DON'T want a dog that barks at every noise.
Cheryl, hope ur day at the farm goes good. Its cold & snowing (2-4 in) here. I wish winter would hurry and go away! I hate it!
ttys!

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

"He who the Son sets free is free indeed"

Tammy
Old 02-04-2013, 01:13 PM   #1725
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I forgot to tell you! Chloe actually called me "gramma", instead of mamaw, today!!!! She's growing up! :'(
Old 02-04-2013, 05:25 PM   #1726
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That would keep me awake, being stared at!

Things steadying out on the wt... it will keep coming!

How sweet Tammy, Chloe's growing up.

I'm enjoying Biggest Loser... till dh comes home, that is!

ttyl
Old 02-04-2013, 06:20 PM   #1727
Big Yapper!

Please, ladies. Tammy is in a great deal of pain since she posted here. She's texted me and is in need of all our prayers right this minute. Please keep her in your thoughts tonight.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:37 PM   #1728
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Old 02-04-2013, 07:09 PM   #1729
Big Yapper!

Counting on all you lurkers to pray, too!
Old 02-04-2013, 10:22 PM   #1730
Blabbermouth!!!

Ducking in to say goodnight. Today was my new teaching gig, plus chorale practice, so little internet time.

Remember dear Cheryl that weight loss is not a linear business. It is stops and starts and lurches and halts and all that, but persistence always wins.

Saying a little prayer for tay right now.

Night, y'all.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:31 AM   #1731
Big Yapper!

I remember, Jessica. I also remember those hcg days and that notion of seeing some loss every day still sticks in my brain. So far, I've had more loss days than bump up or stay-the-same days.Today I had a nice little drop. 197.4. (See siggy.)

I haven't talked to Tammy yet today. Just woke up about 45 minutes ago. Took care of the dog and watered the thirsty plants and now I'm waiting for my first ever Chia drink to be ready. In fact, I hear the buzzer now!

Well that was weird. The seeds swelled somewhat. Most sank down into the drink, others stayed floating on the top (in spite of lots of stirring.) I stirred it again and drank it down. Stirred it a couple more times before I finished the full 8-oz drink. Quite interesting. It's not horrible but it's probably the first time in my life I swallowed a cup of what might be described as frog eggs. (You know; pre tadpole creatures?)

I am taking them for the fiber that they are (in hopes of better GI function) and for their ability to latch on to the toxins that the liver is trying to get rid of. If I can get used to taking them daily, I'll keep it up and buy more when the bag gets low.

You're supposed to mix it in juice but since that's out of the question, I used a container of 4-C Fruit Punch (has Splenda in it rather than the usual Equal).

I woke to light flurries outside. It's over now. The upstairs dog was walking by my kitchen window when I was standing there so I knocked on the glass to get his attention. Cissy had just finished her food so I got her all excited to go out and play with Oliver. I opened the door, she raced out, he slipped in. I took him by the collar and said "Go get Cissy" and he went from zero to 60 out that door and engaged her in a chase. Funny!

No farm today. I offered to go and help get the heated paddock buckets set up and filled but she said she had a helper this morning. Secretly happy, now just hoping that's what they're doing. This week, those buckets are necessary. We're just not able to get out of the 20's. Winter's days are numbered, though. Then it will be the season of mud!

Yesterday at the farm, I was alone doing the barn chores. It was near zero with the wind-chill factor and it started to feel below zero around 4:30. I brought the horses in early because none of them were wearing their sheets. It made no sense to keep them out any longer. I brought two sets of them in together. That worked very well. They don't like to be separated anyway. It's a little riskier because you can't actually walk each of them into their area, remove their harness and lead rope and then close the gate. I sling the lead rope up over the first ones neck and say, "Walk on." He or she goes into their area and I close the gate, then I walk the second one to their area and do it the usual way. Go back and take off the other ones halter and put all halters away. It makes them happier and it saves me a trip back and forth to their paddock. Everybody wins!

I wasn't alone on the farm, though. There were two ladies in the house. The Program Director was one of them and she came out to help me put on all their coats and to take care of her own personal mini horses and donkey. I was hoping she would, so I saved their area for last. She's very fast! She put on 6 of their coats before I got around to putting on just one! But I was doing a lot of other things as well.

But it flowed so much better being just by myself. I started with all the waters. Plugged them all in and moved on to the next thing which I decided should be hay. After the last time when I had "help", things got out of whack. Never again. I won't trust the helpers to do the really important things. From now on, I'll do those things right off the bat, then move to paddocks.

I hope you guys don't mind all this barn work talk. I just love it and have to share it with someone and my journal seems like the perfect place to do that. It's like my diary. A diary for all the world to see.

I need to figure out what to cook next. I have a small turkey in the freezer but that takes ages to defrost, doesn't it? Like days in the refrigerator and then it's still got frozen giblets? (I hate giblets.) I need to go shopping! That's what I really need. I got paid and I need to go get me some yummy stuff. I guess I'll look through the sale fliers and then drag my @$$ out to go shopping. We'll see how far I get.

Going to check on Tammy now. BBL.

Last edited by CherylB; 02-05-2013 at 09:52 AM..
Old 02-05-2013, 09:50 AM   #1732
Big Yapper!

She says she's feeling a "smidge better. No longer crying." Please keep her in your prayers. She might go to the ER for a shot. Isn't that how this whole mess started in the first place? Not with the ER but an injection. OMG.

She says she thinks the prayers helped her.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:29 PM   #1733
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

thanks for the prayers. they did help, I know they did. I wish steroid injections were like a pain med injection! so much easier and simpler. I got good news though that the dr didn't hit the spinal fluid and the migraine is from the steroids. So it should subside with lots of fluids, caffeine and rest. Last night was a sleepless night. No sleep til 6 a.m. ! Hope tonight will be better bc I'm very tired. And I'll be back to watching Chloe tomorrow afternoon 3-8 p.m. Again, thanks to all who said a prayer for me. I really do believe in prayer.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:34 PM   #1734
Big Yapper!

Nice to see you here today, Tammy. I hope the caffeine is helping. I wish the Dr saw this coming and gave you meds or instructions to handle the pending pain and migraine before he sent you home. I get so angry with Dr's sometimes!!!!
Old 02-05-2013, 01:34 PM   #1735
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Poor Tay! I'll be praying! Pain stinks, esp when it's the treatment for other pain! Hope she's better quickly!

Glad you're still losing. Be prepared for a bit of a stall. Hopefully it won't happen to you, but I lost great my initial 2 weeks then stalled for a week. It'll keep coming off! Esp. w/ all that activity you're getting!! Good for you!

Hang in there w. the weather. Punxtatauney Phil didn't see his shadow, so you're almost through!
Old 02-05-2013, 02:08 PM   #1736
Big Yapper!

Thanks, Julie. It's so weird cause I think that I'm not exercising (cause I'm not at a gym or walking around the block) but that's just NUTS. Farmers don't have gym memberships, and that's because they don't need them! But I do think the gym is a place I need to return to. I think when I'm under the 190's, I'll feel better about going.

Those stalls really get to you sometimes, don't they. I know in my head that it's all going to be fine, but still I scramble around trying to figure out if it's something I've done that has caused the stall. That's where I get a little loopy. I need to trust the process and just monitor what I'm eating very closely. So far, so good.

I notice I tend to have a bump up, then a gradual drop from the bump, then I get a whoosh. That's what happened this week and it reminded me of how things have been in the past. I won't miss the 90's at all. I feel and look like a blimp.

Well, let me tell you the problem with groundhogs. They never agree with one another. I don't think the rats ever are in sync. Little buggers. If they didn't drag them out of their burrows for the special day, they'd probably still be sleeping another week or so.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:16 PM   #1737
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So happy for you Cheryl! The 190's are gonna be "history" soon!
Old 02-05-2013, 02:43 PM   #1738
Big Yapper!

From your lips to God's ears, sweetie! I hate feeling this way.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:25 PM   #1739
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
Glad you feel better Tay ! Sorry I just saw the post.....

Cheryl, yes ma'am you sure get a workout for sure at the farm.

Debby and Julie.....hope you had a good day !

In Ruidoso, NM with DH and Allie. Gonna play in the snow tomorrow..we have to go to a ski area. There isn't snow here, but it's cold right now !
Old 02-06-2013, 09:37 AM   #1740
Big Yapper!

Laura, I was there once! It's gorgeous! It was winter and I went to a ski lodge with a Dentist I was dating during nursing school. The best part of the experience was the views of the mountains. We went snow tubing and sat in the hot tub at night. It was nice but unfortunately, it was no "love affair." Enjoy!!!!

Just texting with Tammy right now. Headache is much better (almost gone) but back and leg still waiting for relief. That's the problem she had which necessitated the spinal injection. She still needs our prayers.

I have the farm today and with the big storm coming Friday/Saturday, it will be a hectic few days preparing for it. That will start today and go right up until it strikes. I'm going to call the manager and see if she wants me to come early or to come on another day this week to help with something.

I'm up a lb but I started those Chia seed drinks yesterday. I also had the restaurant food and then a small salad and then half of a small chicken casserole with cheese, sour cream and other stuff. I had more veggies yesterday than I've had in all the days of Atkins leading up to yesterday. I want to keep carbs low but I need some roughage for my plumbing.

I need to go eat a little something so I can take my vitamins. I have learned the hard way how I feel when I try to do the farm work on an empty stomach and with no vitamins. I may have the same two "helpers" that I had last Wednesday and that makes me feel , too. This time I'm going to give them one specific task to do at a time and I'm going to do all the important stuff myself. That's that.

OMG. I turned on the noon-time news for once and what do I see? Our Governor hogging the entire half-hour slot as a platform to justify his new HUGE budget plan. His voice is cracking and he's probably trembling like a leaf. People are coming down HARD on him right now. I don't know enough about it to be judgemental, but the end result is always the same: You are going to be paying more taxes.

Have a super day, ladies!!!! Not sure if I'll have much energy or time left when I get back home tonight, with taking care of my little Cissy and giving mom a shout.

Last edited by CherylB; 02-06-2013 at 09:38 AM..
Closed Thread