Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2013, 06:11 PM   #1681
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/bouncing again/127 5'2"
WOE: moderation
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011~ Moderation 3/15/14
that really sounds amazing Cheryl ! WTG ! Thanks for the recipe ~ I'll have to try it

Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2013, 07:12 PM   #1682
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
It was really nice, Laura. Crispy on the outside in places, a lot like it would have been if cooked on the BBQ grill outside. I'm going to be using that sauce on a lot of stuff. I'll need to try something other than mustard in it cause I'm not sure how a mustard sauce would be on something like baked fish. I'll bet there are many variations that can be made with the base of butter and cream cheese. Horseradish? Lemon juice? Chili powder? YUMMMMMY!

I just hope I don't make it so much that I get sick of it. I'll need to find a few other sauces so I can mix and match. I really need to find a way to make gravy from drippings. Oh, wow! I just remembered that Chia seeds become a gel when put into a liquid. Not sure I'd want chewy gravy but maybe it could be blended in a mixer to smooth it out? Or maybe ground in an electric coffee bean grinder! Woohoo! I love when ideas come to me. You have to be creative to live a good LC life.

It's time to get off this computer for the night. I'm so happy with the day I've had and so thrilled I didn't have to go to the farm in that stormy mess we had. I like my manager! She's someone I can work with.

Last edited by CherylB; 01-28-2013 at 07:17 PM..
Old 01-28-2013, 07:26 PM   #1683
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
Gld ur dinner was good! I love pork tenderloin. That sauce is one I have to make here. Bet my family would love it.
Good night, sleep tight.....
Old 01-28-2013, 07:37 PM   #1684
Blabbermouth!!!

I bet it was super good Great that you enjoyed it so much and are having lots of ideas
Old 01-29-2013, 10:22 AM   #1685
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
I just printed your recipe out and am going to buy a pork tenderloin today! And I think I will also add some Dijon mustard to the sauce recipe. I believe that mustard enhances everything (except sweets, of course.) ANY time I make cheese sauce, I add a big squirt of yellow mustard. My home ec teacher taught me decades ago that mustard makes cheese taste "cheesier" without imparting a mustard taste, and I've followed that advice all these years. I also add a squirt of mustard to any oil/vinegar type salad dressing I make. Once again, it intensifies flavors without imparting a strong mustard taste!

Sometimes I use the packaged au jus gray mix--the kind that comes in the little foil packet, a powder that you mix with water. The McCormick's brand only has one gram of carb per 1/4 cup of sauce--an ample serving for a thin sauce like that. If you're picky about food additives or packaged foods, it might not be your thing, but I love it and have never had any problem with it. I often sprinkle a packet in with a pot roast in the crock pot, or prepare a pack of it and reheat hamburger patties in it for sort of a salisbury steak type dish. Now this is not a thick sauce--more like a strong broth, the kind of sauce served with prime rib at restaurants. It might mix well with cream or cream cheese for a thicker gravy though.

Thanks for the awesome recipe. Can't wait to try it!

My (old) HCG Journal

My NEW Journal

Last edited by verbqueen; 01-29-2013 at 10:25 AM..
Old 01-29-2013, 11:26 AM   #1686
Big Yapper!

Jessica, let me know how you like the end result! I would definitely not use the 550 degree option. Even with as much heat that was escaping from my oven (through the back vent and all along the front door), it came out a touch overcooked. I didn't measure anything that it said to measure so I'm not sure exactly how much mustard or cream cheese I used. I am happy to have found something that is quick, easy and yummy.

I wonder how that cream sauce would taste over a tossed salad? Thanks for the ideas of what to add mustard to. I think mustard and pork are amazing together.

I'm down another 0.8 today! I need to go make breakfast now. Been awake for over 2 hours and don't like to go too long without eating my first meal. Dr A says to eat a hearty breakfast for better fat loss, so it's Dr's orders!

My silicone muffin pans come today! Woohooo! Can't wait to try those, too.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:45 PM   #1687
Blabbermouth!!!

Mmmm, or how about over asparagus or broccoli? Or as the sauce for creamed spinach?
Old 01-29-2013, 03:47 PM   #1688
Blabbermouth!!!

P.S. The mix I refer to above is GRAVY mix, not "gray mix." Gray mix sounds pretty disgusting, no?
Old 01-29-2013, 05:42 PM   #1689
Big Yapper!

I knew what you meant. This stuff would taste great on nothing but my finger! But I can imagine using it for cold shrimp, veggies and anything else. Slathered all over a mushroom/bacon cheeseburger! I could go on forever.

Did you make the tenderloin tonight? I'm heading over to your journal now to see.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:47 PM   #1690
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Welcome back to Onederland Cheryl!
Looks like you're getting in the groove of figuring this thing out!
Old 01-29-2013, 06:24 PM   #1691
Big Yapper!

I like the way you think but I still have 1.4 lbs to go to be in the 100's. It's only a momentary problem, I'm sure. Things have begun to slow down but it's still a daily loss. Tomorrow will be my 4th LC weigh-in (beginning of day 5.) I don't normally count days unless I'm on something like HHCG but I am for right now, just to see how I'm doing in the first week or two.

I thought American Idol was on tonight? I can't find a dang thing to watch on the tv. I just gave up and shut the stupid thing off. I'm going back to Netflix where I can choose what to watch. And never be plagued by commercials and the ills of society. Yeesh! YKWIM?

Night, ladies. Hugs and blessings coming your way.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:31 PM   #1692
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh, oops, read that wrong I guess!

Yea, I watched the weigh-in part & who got sent home... now I'm watching the main part... till dh comes down. He doesn't like it... too much crying.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:40 AM   #1693
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I buying a pork tenderloin today! You're gonna have us all eating pork tenderloin to try that sauce! LOL I'll make it tomorrow. I may be texting you to make sure I do it right. hahahaha So if you get "SOS", I need help!
How are you today? Guess what?! I finally lost weight! Only 2.4, but better than the gaining I've been doing since starting JUDDD. I've decided to do 3 days of fasting/wk, no particular days. I've gotten energy I haven't had in a while. BUT I keep waking up around 5:30-6 a.m. and can't fall back asleep. Then I go back to sleep around 8. Thats not getting it when I have to watch Chloe in the morning.
I think I found an internet company too. Ever hear of HughesNet? Idk if you have it up there. But I think it's the one I'm going with. I have to buy the wi-fi router though. But the guy on the phone said they're just $20 at WalMart. NO installation fee either!
Its raining here and windy. The wind is suppose to get up to 35-40 mph later, around 5. And tomorrow the wind is suppose to be bad too. But its 65*! Tomorrow 25*! No wonder Chloe & I have colds. Stupid weather.
Hope your having a good day! ttys!

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

Tammy
Old 01-30-2013, 07:23 PM   #1694
Big Yapper!

That's awesome, Tammy! I hope you enjoy the recipe like I did. I'll keep an eye out for your SOS. So by fasting three days a week, do you mean not eating on your down days? WTG on the 2.4 lbs!!! No, going back to bed at 0800 won't work for little Chloe. Works great for ME, though!

I've heard of HughesNet but don't know anything about them. No clue if we have them here. WTG on "no installation fee." They really get ya with those, don't they?

It has been super foggy here and threatened to start raining at times but the rain has held-off. Wind is getting strong! I heard that same thing; 30 mph winds. I have no clue. I've been too busy to check forecasts or anything else today. I know it. This weather is so getting old. Even though it's mild, it's still not helping me at the farm. I'm sorry you're both sick. Dang it!

I am WASTED but will write about my day. It started by climbing out of bed at the ungodly hour of 1015 am. (I'm not kidding. It was hard and always is.) Got to the Dr's and was in the waiting room for a full half hour waiting to get in. I just thought they were having a busy day, cause they are usually very timely. But it is because the new healthcare system now requires that all Dr's and (I'm assuming) hospitals use the same data base on their computers and gather the same information. I had no clue.

Anyway, I don't have Pulmonary Hypertension!!!! That's the good news. Never did understand why it said that on the lab work sheet but don't care anymore. He did a Spirometry test (well, the nurse did). She handed me this tube and said to take a few deep breaths and when I was ready, hold the last breath and then blow all the air in my lungs out through the tube. I did it and I said, "It was bad, huh." She said, "No. You blew all the leaves off of the tree." (WHAT?) Turns out the display on the computer shows an Oak tree and as you blow, the leaves leave. I did it 3 or 4 times and each time is said I was fine.

Talked with the Dr a while and he even shared with me what he's going through. Said he was in an Orthodontist's chair a large part of the morning. He's got an extra tooth in the front lower gum and it's near a very fragile nerve. He was told that if he had the tooth extracted, he'd have a 50/50 chance of resolving the problem (sometimes his lower lip droops.) The other 50 percent means it could be a permanent droop. He's not feeling good about either choice. "Just lie to me! Tell me it's not so bad!" I love my Dr. He's the best.

So back to my shortness of breath on exertion, I asked if we could do some tests so I will have a chest x-ray and an echocardiogram. They will call me to set up the test from the radiology place. The x-ray I can have done any time I can go and get it done. Another test he's doing on me is going to take place tonight.

I apply this machine to my torso and in a nutshell, it's going to measure my oxygen level through the night as I sleep. If I wake up and get out of bed, I'm supposed to turn it off. Get back in bed, turn it back on. I will have an oximeter thingy on one of my fingers and a nasal cannula in my nares. It's the equivalent of a sleep study but now it can be done at home. And I can take my sleeping meds!!! That's why I said I'd never go for one of those because I can't sleep without the pills and they aren't allowed when in the hospital for the test.

So, as tired as I am (and I haven't even talked about the rest of my day AFTER the Dr appointment), I need to apply that gizmo and try to turn off all distractions and get to sleep. I hope the test results show something useful. I know there's something wrong and for the Spirometry test to say I'm fine, it's frustrating! That's when I asked for the x-ray and he suggested the echo, too. I can't remember the last time I had a chest x-ray. And my sister Bonnie died at the age of 40 from Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma. When she had her x-ray done, her lungs were almost a complete white-out. If something like that is in the infancy stages in me, I want to find it now. NOW.

So I decided when I got home to take the dog for a walk. I feel so bad when she's stuck indoors all alone on my busy days. I took her up the street and over to the Fish and Game club property and let her run loose. She was so muddy, but happy as could be. I shouldn't probably share this but when we were in the woods there, I had to pee. The large dunkin donuts coffee with cream and 3 splenda was wanting to come out. I looked around and decided it was worth the risk. I peed in the woods.

So brought her back home and took a towel to wipe off all the mud and water. Had to immediately turn around and head out the door for the farm. I went an hour early so that I could put in a little volunteer time to try and give me the chance to clean up all those previously-frozen manure piles.

I'm so freaking tired that I'm tempted to tell the rest of this story tomorrow, when I can relax and am rested. I'm so tempted to do that! This part of the day is a long story, too. I got there and signed in at 1410. Got out and got busy in the paddocks and focused primarily on the poop. It was too early to start raking up their hay. So I went paddock to paddock, doing poops. Mud, mud, mud. Fog. Rain coming any minute.

Everything was SO HEAVY from all the water and mud. (I just stopped this post for over 20 minutes to talk to the manager at the farm. She wanted to see how things went.) So where was I? I'm going to speed through the rest of this cause it's 10 pm and I need to do that sleep study test thing. OY!!! What a day!

I had a complete novice orientee! Didn't remember she was coming or didn't know for sure. She totally slowed everything down because to "do something" is a lot easier to teach someone with no experience in that area how to do it. She has never been around horses but has a desire to become a Vet. She's in her first year of College and she heard about us and decided to get some hands-on and learn things in a practical sense.

So rather than just tell her how to push a wheelbarrow and use the pitch fork to scoop up piles of poop, I introduced her to the horses. I told her of their personalities and warned her of certain pairs of horses that don't respond well to being separated. I don't want her to someday be confidently walking a horse on the lead rope and then be completely blind-sided over something that spooked them. So it took a lot of time to do a good job.

Then at 5 pm, a volunteer showed up who was actually on the schedule. So many people come at 5 pm and it just boggles the mind. I wasn't expecting her (whether scheduled or not, often people just don't show up. There is no system of them "calling in" sick or whatever. That is something I want to implement, soon!) So she showed up and all the hard work had been done. I was passing out the dinnertime hay at that point. I asked her how much experience she had and she said she'd been volunteering there for the past 3 years. I then assumed she could do some basic things if I asked her to. Hehehe.

I was seriously feeling ready to drop at that time. I then realized I had only had a cup of coffee with cream for my calories. All I could do was keep drinking water to try and recover. So I asked her if she would finish giving out the hay to each horse and she said she would. The orientee then went with her while I went inside to take a few minutes to feel better.

This woman may know how to do certain specific tasks, but when given a task like "give the rest of the horses their hay", she doesn't know how that is actually done. She seemed completely clueless that you spread horse A's hay and then move quickly to Horse B's stall. Wash and repeat. She did things like I used to like to do (but never could make it work in the real world) when working as a nurse. I liked to minimize the number of trips I took to a patients room. I'd look around the room and do what I saw needed doing, rather than leaving a water pitcher empty, telephone out of reach, call bell on the floor, etc. I figured I'd save on the number of calls for assistance.

Well, rarely did things allow me to make everything nice and cozy. Life happens. So the woman finally got the hay distributed and she was coming back with the hay cart. I said I'd take it and bring it back down to the barn cause I was heading down there to give the barn animals their grain. I asked if they would like to give the four horses they had just given hay to, their grain. Grains were all prepared and ready to dump in their buckets. Well, she took one bucket of grain into the first horse's stall, but also tried to pick out the horse's hooves, pick out the stall from any manure and urine, etc. Before going to the next horse to give him HIS grain. The horses expect that when they see and smell grain, it's coming rapidly.

The head of the whole organization was there today and she came out to lend a hand. She was the one to notice these buckets of grain still sitting on the ground, waiting to be delivered. OMG. So we took over and tried to get things going as they should be. (So much for the short version.)

It was a lot more work having people "to help" than it would have been if they had just stayed home. I'm too new to this to start orienting newbies with zero experience. And if someone says they've been volunteering at our farm for the pm shift for the past 3 years, she should be able to do everything that I'm doing, almost without supervision. Not so.

So when M.E. called a while ago, I told her all this and apparently this kind of thing happens a lot. You just can't take people at their word or believe they have the experience they claim to have. So I will give them fewer, smaller tasks and not say to do a cluster of things. I'll just ask them to go pick the hooves. When they come back I'll see what else needs to be done. I'll have to just keep it very simple. It will work better for all concerned. Especially ME!

So I was there from 2 until 7. I finally dragged my fanny to the car after taking the dog out to go pee and petting the black lovable bunny, then talking with the "President" (don't know her title) and shooting the breeze, etc. On the way home I stopped to by a store-cooked chicken. They were all out. I found some pre-made burgers with onion in them and snagged them, and some delux american cheese slices. I went home and made some "bread" by nuking the cheese, and fried up to sliders that I squished to make thinner and larger around.

I spread mayo on both slices of "bread" and made two burgers this way. It was surprisingly good. It was very expensive cheese so I'm glad it worked out. I asked about the Mexican frying cheese but the store didn't sell any.

Now I need to apply that machine and get ready for sleep. I am so thankful I don't need to wake up early tomorrow. No alarms for me! In fact, I was up 1.4 lbs today and it was probably due to waking unrested. I need sleep that much.

This might be the most long-winded post in my LCF history. I hope it doesn't disappoint. Nighty night! Love and blessings to each of you. Tammy, SOS me if you need to.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:24 PM   #1695
Big Yapper!

OMG! Can you imagine if I'd lost that post? I'd have started over and said, "I had a full day. Tired. TTYT."
Old 01-30-2013, 09:15 PM   #1696
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ah, so sorry you're not going to sleep tonight. DH never sleeps when he has that contraption on.

Wow, what a day! Its amazing the hard, physical work you do! I really hope you get a good rest. And hope you prepare by eating first next time too!
Old 01-30-2013, 09:33 PM   #1697
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Ah, so sorry you're not going to sleep tonight. DH never sleeps when he has that contraption on.

Wow, what a day! Its amazing the hard, physical work you do! I really hope you get a good rest. And hope you prepare by eating first next time too!
Old 01-30-2013, 09:36 PM   #1698
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Tammy!
I think I missed it... but did you get what you were hoping for your birthday???
Old 01-30-2013, 11:16 PM   #1699
Blabbermouth!!!

sorry about your day. Will say a prayer for good rest tonight ! Sleep Well !
Old 01-31-2013, 07:01 AM   #1700
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Hey Tammy!
I think I missed it... but did you get what you were hoping for your birthday???
I got an Android Tablet and I love it! There's so much I can do on it!
Old 01-31-2013, 07:04 AM   #1701
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tay65 View Post
I got an Android Tablet and I love it! There's so much I can do on it!
Wow! Even better than what you were guessing!!
Old 01-31-2013, 07:10 AM   #1702
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning Cheryl !
Old 01-31-2013, 09:44 AM   #1703
Big Yapper!

Hi, ladies! Nice to see you again. I took 2 Restorils last night and slept like a babe. The little monitor thingy has a stretch velcro strap that wraps comfortably around your torso, just below the girls. I made sure I had done all that I needed to do before strapping it on. The nasal cannula was comfy, too. Was hardly aware of it. The little oximeter finger thing also didn't bother me. It had a really long cord so I made sure there was wiggle room if I turned over and once there was excess cord, I just stretched out my arm and tucked myself in. End of story.

I have to bring it back today or get charged a fee. They said if I called and said why I couldn't come, the fee wouldn't be charged. That's tempting. It will take a month and a half to get the results back, anyway. Gets sent out somewhere. I may just call them and say I'll bring it in tomorrow.

I have that meeting tonight at 7 pm for the farm. It's about the battle plan for raising funds for the new enclosed arena/barn. It's a big deal so I'm going.

Wicked winds all night and still into today. I expected to open the blinds and see all my bird feeders in the neighbor's yard or across the street but things appear to be in their right place.

Need an oil change in the worst way. I might go down and have that done and drop off the doohickey. They're both in the same town. My car will thank me. I'm going to be mature and do that today. Yea for me.

Tammy, best of luck with the tenderloin. You don't need to bother melting the butter and stuff in a pan. I just put it in the microwave and got the butter melted and mustard heated and then tossed in the cream cheese, mixed it in a bit and reheated. Just don't let it nuke for long. Then it's ready to be whipped up with your beater.

My sister called a while ago and she did not hear of my day yesterday, so I said all that I wrote about last night here, all over again to her. I should have just said I'd copy and paste it and send it to her but she was waiting in the car while her husband was shopping and she needed to fill some time. So I told all. We had to cut it short so I don't think I told her of the oximetry thing I used last night. He came back out and they were off and running again to their next place. Later on they are going to Hartford to a place called "The Chowder Pot" and they are taking his sister and my Mom. I'm happy they are going out for something special. According to Mom, it's part of something called, "The Taste of Hartford." I've never experienced that event.

Put Cissy on the treadmill for a while during the time I was making a pot of coffee. She seemed to have had enough at about 15 minutes but that might have been because I came in and sat down and she wanted to be loved-up on more than to walk. She needs her morning love and when Donna called me, she got screwed out of any morning attention. So I gave her lots of lovin.

You know what? Being mature is highly overrated. I think tomorrow is sounding a lot better than today. I deserve a day off. I earned it!! Wouldn't you say? When the Dr's office opens back up after lunch, I'll see if I can bring it back tomorrow without a fee.

I think my new carton of half and half is already going bad. Some of it stays on the top and that is how it acts when it's near the end of its lifespan. I've heard of other people buying dairy and other things and finding out it was bad but I've never had that happen. Tastes okay once all stirred up but still has little flecks of cream floating.

I have some other threads that I need to catch up on so I'm going to scoot along. BBL. HUGS!

PS: Through the woods, I can see our little Niagra spilling over the damn of the pond. You know what that means. Lake Harwinton coming next. Cissy may get to swim this winter after all.

Last edited by CherylB; 01-31-2013 at 09:52 AM..
Old 01-31-2013, 09:48 AM   #1704
Big Yapper!

Oh, yeah! Down the bump from yesterday and another pound went with it. I'm now 200.4! Tomorrow for sure, ladies!
Old 01-31-2013, 12:53 PM   #1705
Blabbermouth!!!

You go, Cheryl! Here's to waking up in the ones!
Old 01-31-2013, 07:29 PM   #1706
Big Yapper!

I had a meeting that lasted almost 2 hours tonight. It was our first "strategic plan for the next 5 years." OMG! If they have their way, we are going to EXPAND. It's exciting and mind-boggling all at the same time. Naturally, there were those in attendance that always have to dwell on "how much is this going to cost" and "how will that affect me? I volunteer at the place next door." I didn't even realize the place next door was a group home of some kind. Their property and ours was leased to us through the Episcopal Church. I do not understand it all and I probably never will, but somebody owned the land and left it to the Church to loan out to organizations that would bless the community.

Now I'm home and I'm tired and I need to turn off my mind. Will take the doohickey back to the Dr's tomorrow and get my oil changed. Oh! And guess what!! That woman I met in the Dr's office actually called the Manager at the farm about starting to volunteer! Hot Damn! The Program Director said something like "thanks for talking to Lillian." I said, "Who's Lillian?" Then it occurred to me that the manager said something about a Lillian in an email I got today and I wrote back and said, "Who's Lillian?" I'm LMAO now. Lillian is that woman! I thought she went by "Mita."

So it's going to happen and it's all God's doing. I had nothing to do with it, y'all!

Sleep tight and sweet dreams. May God bless each of you in a special way tomorrow.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:19 PM   #1707
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You sound so good Cheryl,
Congrats on the weight loss & hanging in there!
Sounds like you're getting in a good groove with work too. Excellent.
I'm so glad you were able to sleep last night, what a blessing!
Old 01-31-2013, 08:31 PM   #1708
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

After a couple days of "feeling hungry" I figured out what was going on. I started taking dandelion root (for strengthening liver & health). It says right on it that its an appetite stimulant. That & adding a bit of fruit must of been just enough to activate the old hunger. No thanks! Don't want any!!

So, I stopped taking it yesterday afternoon & today I even forgot to eat my lunch at work Ended up having to "catch-up" on my foods. Yay!

I hurt my back yesterday, doing "crunches"... must of been pulling on my neck. Its better now. PTL!

Tomorrow I'm hiking up a local look-out with my neighbor. I never thought I'd do that. What's going on???
Old 01-31-2013, 09:04 PM   #1709
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/161.6/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Hey Lady!

Sorry I haven't popped in to post as much recently! Glad to see you're still enjoying the horses . I'll bet you're ready for Spring! Hope you feel better and are still able to sleep well . I'll keep that recipe in mind, sounds yummy!! I'm so glad LC is going well for you!! Way to drop those pounds!! I wish I were losing that well! Ah well, such is life.

Take care ladies!! Keep fighting the good fight!
Old 01-31-2013, 11:20 PM   #1710
Blabbermouth!!!

So good to hear good things happening in your life Cheryl. And that's great that you were able to sleep good

Just got home from work, pretty tired. TTYL !
Closed Thread