Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2013, 08:10 PM   #1651
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
PS: I forgot to mention I also ate 3 HB eggs with some butter. I am so over pealing HB eggs. These were not fresh eggs, either. I expected them to peal nicely and I put plenty of salt in the water. Maybe I need to start buying baking soda.

And no matter how nice the pics appear, they pale in comparison to the actual moments.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2013, 11:18 PM   #1652
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/bouncing again/127 5'2"
WOE: moderation
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011~ Moderation 3/15/14
pics are really nice ! What did you mean you are "usually gone home " before then ? Do you stay somewhere else part of the year ?

Sleep well ! Stay warm
Old 01-27-2013, 06:49 AM   #1653
Big Yapper!

No, I meant that we have riding sessions (therapeutic riding for the disabled) up until around 7 or a bit later and the sun hasn't set until we've left for the day. If I'm there just doing the pm feeding and grooming, we're done by 7 and leave for the day. The sun sets much later in the evening when we're in daylight savings time.

I'm down 2.6 lbs today so my first day in Induction was fruitful. I woke fairly early today and decided to get up and start my day. Made a pot of coffee, opened all the blinds to let the sunshine in, fed the dog, made some scrambled eggs and took all my vitos and eventually I will get in the kitchen to run a load of dishes. If I'm really productive, I'll go out in the yard and do poop patrol. I'm sure the yard is a mess. Neither of us (the people upstairs or I) have wanted to spend much time out in the cold. Might as well pick them all up while they're still frozen. Otherwise they will thaw and start falling apart in the next few days. I know... too much information.

How wonderful to have a day off! I found a good pork tenderloin recipe but I think I'll save that meat for a few days. I have chicken that needs to be eaten and I might make some tuna salad. The mayo is always a good kick-start in Induction.

I hope you all have a lovely day today. See you later on.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:35 AM   #1654
Blabbermouth!!!

Cheryl - oh I understand . Great program y'all have there.
Sounds like you are doing great ! Up and busy with the sun shining Sounds like a good start !
WTG on 2.6 lbs ! woo hoo !!
Old 01-27-2013, 09:20 AM   #1655
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
WTG Cheryl!!
Love that generous start-up! And even when you have sore muscles!!
Have a marvelous - productive day!
Old 01-27-2013, 10:56 AM   #1656
Big Yapper!

Thanks, ladies. Actually, I went back to bed and had an excellent extended sleep! A MUCH better way to spend my day off. I earned this! What a week of strenuous work in the bitter cold.

It worked out really well that I woke early cause Dr A says that eating a large breakfast speeds up weight loss. Those eggs and all that butter was a lovely meal to start the day. I like to keep things simple at times.

Debby, I think I'm going to be somewhat sore for a long time to come. I'm just so out of shape and with all the inflammation from the cold weather and the high carb life I've been living, I don't expect to feel "good" for at least a week or two of perfect LCing.

There is not a THING on TV. I scanned through all channels multiple times before I just gave up and put in a DVD. I know; woe is me.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:23 PM   #1657
Blabbermouth!!!

Glad you got some extra rest....your body probably really needs it ! Still a great start in my book !
Old 01-27-2013, 12:58 PM   #1658
Big Yapper!

In my book, too!

Just ate some leftover chicken breast dipped into mayo with seasoning mixed in. Not thrilling but sure was high in fat.
Old 01-27-2013, 01:08 PM   #1659
Blabbermouth!!!

You might be interested in a recipe I'm trying today ~ wrote about it in my journal ~ super easy and can be thrown in crockpot and would be ready after you get off work

Not sure who's recipe it is...found it on here though....

Chicken tenders (breast) but I bet leftover chicken would work
buffalo sauce
cream cheese
1/2 ranch packet

It's in my crockpot now and it smells wonderful ! Lots of fat too !

BTW, I don't know how you do all that hard work. I must be REALLY out of shape !!! After walking Allie,helping wash my vehicle, and sweeping the garage, my side is sore......wow, out of shape for sure . You are amazing ! What I did should not be hard.....???
Old 01-27-2013, 02:24 PM   #1660
Big Yapper!

Sounds good but what's buffalo sauce? Is that something you get in a jar? And do you use just any ranch dressing powder? Not sure which ones don't have sugar but I'd be afraid they have MSG in them. That stuff stalls me horribly. Thanks for the recipe! Does indeed sound simple and I love simple.

As far as the farm work, it wears me out. I am winded a lot of the time. It hasn't gotten better after doing this work for a year now. That's why I want to find out about that diagnosis the Dr had on my last lab work paper. If I have what he says I have, then there are medications I could be on that would improve my symptoms. And soreness is just the name of the game, I'm afraid. You can't exert yourself without upsetting something! And right now that my weight has gotten up so high again, I'm a real mess.

Just in case you forgot what diagnosis that was (that I talked about at large a few pages back), it's Pulmonary Hypertension. It's bad news if I really have it. And if I do indeed have it, there will be words said to my Dr about why I haven't been treated for it all this time. How he came up with the diagnosis without the usual tests is another puzzling thing I need to get to the bottom of. Even if I don't have this particular disease, I know there is something big going on that makes me so short of breath and fatigued with exertion. I know I'm not 20 anymore but I think I should be in much better condition by now. No one else even so much as breaks a sweat, as far as I can see. And I sweat like a pig all summer long and down lots of water to try and compensate. I'm a royal mess, my dear.

I get winded badly just carrying in a large bag of dog food or bird seed from the car! I have very little stamina and it worries me. Time to get to the bottom of it. I have an appointment to see the Doc on the 30th, so in just a couple days. I am going in just to talk to him about this issue. I'm tempted to cancel it because I prefer to avoid things than face them head-on but I'm going to try and be strong. It's time.
Old 01-27-2013, 02:48 PM   #1661
Blabbermouth!!!

yes, I remember and I would want an explanation too. Please don't cancel appt, you need to know !

I just used the buffalo wing sauce we had in the fridge and Hidden Valley Ranch packet. I didn't check for sugar to be honest, I've made the "ranch wings" with it and it hasn't stalled me
Old 01-27-2013, 09:06 PM   #1662
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Just ducking in to say goodnight, Cheryl--though you're probably long since down for the night. And DO NOT cancel your doctor's appointment. I always have to psych myself up for testing because it scares the crap out of me to have any kind of medical test. But I continually talk to myself to get through it. After all, having the test/seeing the doctor changes nothing. Whatever it is, it already is, and it's better to KNOW, right?

I had a very uneventful weekend--hardly left the house. I spent most of my time laboring over my lesson plan for my first music classes tomorrow. I'm nervous.

But the good news is that I stayed on plan all weekend. I'm happy, because literally EVERY morning since the day after Christmas, I've said to myself "today is the day I'll get my eating back in order," and every day until the last few, I have failed. I hope, oh how I hope, that I have turned some kind of psychological corner.

Sweet dreams!

My (old) HCG Journal

My NEW Journal
Old 01-27-2013, 09:10 PM   #1663
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
Hey Cheryl ! I know you really enjoyed your day. Sometimes we have to rest and do nothing.
We tried to go to OG today, but refused to wait 2 hrs! So we went across the street to Red Robin. Do you have those in Conn? I had a big old bacon cheeseburger with their steak fries and I had a bowl of chili. Mmmmm! LOL We're going to OG Wednesday.
Tonight we're getting freezing rain so dh called in a personal day for tomorrow. Roads are going to be horrible in the a.m.
I'm taking Chloe to see my grandma tomorrow. She wants to see her. I hate nursing homes.
Glad to see you've lost a couple pounds! Keep going! And keep your dr appt. You have to find out about that diagnosis.
Well, ttys!

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

Tammy
Old 01-28-2013, 09:37 AM   #1664
Big Yapper!

Jessica! So happy to see you over here on my journal today. I think I was still awake at that time but I was off the board. You'll get it back together and soon your will of steel will kick back in. You'll be packing your own food and eating the right things when out at restaurants. You were always the one I looked up to when it came to will power and commitment to your WOE. YOU have the stuff, girl.

I will force myself to go see the Dr. I am the type who'd rather put things off then deal with them, but it's so stupid! If there is something I could be taking that could lessen my symptoms and make life easier to live, then by golly I want some! So I'll go and I'll try to keep my cool if in fact I do have PH and he never told me. I love him but this will be a real challenge for me to find out he gave me a diagnosis and then never told me or treated me for it.

Tammy, I hate that! When you get there and there's a line out the door and the lucky ones are carrying some sort of red-flashing beeper thing. I don't blame you for changing your minds. OG will be there for another day. Always better to go on a weekday. Even for things like Mother's Day, we always take mom the day before. We are some smart cookies and it always works out great.

I don't think we have any Red Robins here but I've seen them in other states. Never ate at one but I'm guessing they are really good. (I see you already planned to do OG in the middle of the week. Reading your post and responding as I go.) Yeah, the weather is going to be bad here, too. It's only snowing now but the freezing rain is going to be on the heels of this light snowfall.

I don't know if I'm going in to the farm this afternoon. The manager told me that if the roads were bad to just stay home. She's off work today so will be there at the farm and she said she'd do what was needed to be done. When I put Cissy out to do her thing and she came back in, the snow had a definite icy feeling to it. It's borderline sleet so I really don't think going to the farm is a smart idea.

They'll likely be bringing the horses in early, so it's not like I could put their dinnertime hay in the stalls early. They won't be concerned with cleaning paddocks on a day like today so I don't see how going early and trying to help before things get even worse is going to matter much. I'm going to call her and tell her I'm staying home. Done deal.

I hate nursing homes, too. They're probably the worst places on earth to have anyone you care about living in. They suck SO bad that I'd take my own Mother in here at the duplex before I'd put her in a home. And that would be tough on me. REALLY tough.

I've lost even more poundage this morning! I got on the scale and couldn't believe my eyes. I was down another 4 whole lbs. I was kind of grazing yesterday, too. I thought for sure I ate too much cheese. But in the magical first week on Atkins, I guess things don't have the same impact as in later weeks. Whatever the reason, I'm grateful!

Since I'm not going anywhere today, I might try that pork tenderloin recipe. I should figure out a good sauce to put on top of it because after the first few succulent pieces, pork tenderloin gets boring. I'm going to need to buy a small double boiler to be able to make hollandaise sauce. I think that would be nice on a lot of meats.

I'm going to go outside and fill the bird feeder in the back yard. They are actively eating the seeds from the front porch feeders so I need to stop being a bad girl and fill that big feeder that's been empty for about a week. Looks like things are changing outside. The snow seems to be in a hurry which means it's more icy. Yuck.

Hugs to all! Have a nice day.

Last edited by CherylB; 01-28-2013 at 09:56 AM..
Old 01-28-2013, 10:16 AM   #1665
Blabbermouth!!!

That's so exciting Cheryl !! 4 lbs !! You are rocking this girl

Keep warm and enjoy your food. Sounds yummy
Old 01-28-2013, 10:45 AM   #1666
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

4 lbs!!! Maybe I should go Lc too!
Stay safe indoors today! We had some icey (no clue if I spelled that right!) roads early this morning. DH said cars were spinning up the hill. He had a horrible headache last night and just slept on the couch. He has another one now. I think its his BP but he won't admit it. He scares me.
I was going to take chloe to see my grandma but she's getting a cold and its raining. I'm going to aim for Wednesday since it's gonna be 60* and nice. 45* here today......heat wave!
Well, I broke down and told my hubby what I weigh. He was shocked. He guessed 190 and I said "I wish!" That just got an eyebrow raise. He said 200 and I said higher. Then he went way up and guessed 215. I finally got to say lower! But not much lower. I am up to 213!!!! I never dreamed I'd be over 200 lbs again. So now maybe he'll be more supportive.
I'm going to get some cottage cheese. ttys!
Old 01-28-2013, 11:45 AM   #1667
Big Yapper!

I'm sorry your hubby's having headaches. I hope he feels better soon. Does he take meds for his bp? Glad you found out about grandma's cold before you went to see her. No place as germy as a hospital or a nursing home.

I never dreamed I'd be here again either, Tammy. I got as high as 209 point something but had dropped a little water before starting Atkins. I am shocked and horrified that I let myself regain. I never thought I'd be the kind of person who would. Not after starting Atkins again back when I joined LCF. That would never be me! No way. Never say never.

As soon as you change your focus from losing the weight and eating right, it comes piling back on. When you no longer think about it and just eat whatever, you're on the road to misery once more. We're back into focusing on it now, Tammy and we'll get it off again. Then we'll get even farther down the scale than we were before.

I gain the weight as fast as it comes off in the first few weeks of Atkins so it's nothing magic going on. If I ordered some pizza and drank a six-pack, I'd be right back where I was before. It's hard to wrap my head around it. Is it real weight loss if it can be regained so fast?

We got 3" of snow here already. They only predicted 1" before it changed over to ice. I went out and did the pathways to the driveway, the mailbox and the shed, then cleaned off the car and shoveled all around the car and all behind the car, all the way to the street. The trucks have been plowing and spreading salt but it's strange to me that the roads aren't covered with black ice. It's in the 20's still.

I haven't eaten anything yet so I am going out to make some scrambled eggs. BBL.

Last edited by CherylB; 01-28-2013 at 11:48 AM..
Old 01-28-2013, 12:47 PM   #1668
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

He takes BP pills but I, and he, think they aren't working. BUT he doesn't eat like he should either. Too much pork.
Nooo, Chloe has a cold and now I'm sniffling. Maybe I said it wrong! LOL
I gain weight really fast. All I have to do is look at "junk" food or eat too much a couple days and
I'm in trouble. I stayed at 180 for a long time though. Then my dd got pregnant and I lost control.
I want to lose a good amount before April and it starts getting nice out. Time to get on the ball.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:06 PM   #1669
Big Yapper!

I want to try and keep from thinking "I want to be x lbs by". It's tempting but I think for me it's a trap. If it's a lifetime WOE, then I don't need to be a certain number by a certain time. But I still love thinking what weight I might be for each season. Addictive personalities never change. We just change addictions.

I remember when your stats said 180! It will say that again. Believe it and do what you know you need to do in order to make it happen.

Okay. After re-reading your post, you mentioned grandma and Chloe in the same sentence, then said "she's getting a cold." I assumed it was granny. Sorry that it's Chloe and you! I hope it's one of those quickies that come and go really fast.

I think I'm going to go take a hot bath. I'll shave first so I will emerge from the tub with smooth legs. Hard to feel clean when you are a hairy beast.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:15 PM   #1670
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Enjoy the bath! Its nice to just soak.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:16 PM   #1671
Big Yapper!

Squeaky clean! Smelling nice, too. I put some bath gel ("Opium") which came as a part of a gift set of Opium perfume and the gel. I got it ages ago but rarely take baths. So I got some aroma therapy in, too.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:25 PM   #1672
Blabbermouth!!!

Good heavens, Cheryl. I don't think I've EVER lost that many pounds overnight, even on hcg. Wow!

My teaching session went GREAT! I was truly nervous about it and woke up at the crack of dawn with my mind turning a million miles an hour. But it was a walk in the park. As Hallie said "Mom, this is your calling. It's what you DO." Haha.

Stay warm. And eat meat and fat! (As I will be doing, too.)
Old 01-28-2013, 02:33 PM   #1673
Big Yapper!

I know it but it truly would just come right back tomorrow if I was bad and ate something off-plan tonight. It's disgusting. I knew you'd be great in that class! I agree with Hallie.

I will indeed follow your instructions by staying warm and eating meat and fat. Feeling lazy after taking that bath. It's probably going to be more reheated chicken meat with mayo dip. I'd like to use the ranch dressing I have instead but I am trying to do this Induction very cleanly. I know there's a few carbs per serving of the ranch. I'll gut it out and do the mayo.

Night, ladies. I'll bbl.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:28 PM   #1674
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
WTG!!
Old 01-28-2013, 03:51 PM   #1675
Big Yapper!

Aw, shucks! I love you guys.

I decided to take a shot at making this pork tenderloin recipe. It's in the oven as we speak. It's something I've never tried before. I actually found the seasoning mix on one recipe, and the directions on how to cook it on a different recipe. I think it will work out fine.

The pork weighed 2.5 lbs total. I turned the oven on to 550 degrees (it said 500-550 but I don't know how well my oven retains heat.) I put the grill pan in the oven so it came up to correct temperature too (although the recipe didn't say to do that. It just made sense.)

You cook the meat for exactly 5.5 minutes PER LB and then turn off the oven and leave the door shut for an hour. Remove the pan with meat at that point and let set for 5-10 minutes to allow juices to redistribute. Then all you have to do is attack it like a hungry dog!

I then looked up a recipe for pork tenderloin sauce and found one that sounds lovely. It's mustard, butter and cream cheese! You melt the butter, add the mustard and stir well, turn off the burner and then add the cream cheese. If it's not hot enough, you turn the burner back on low and stir it constantly so it won't separate. Drizzle over sliced tenderloin and devour.

I just shut off the oven and found there is a vent that the heat was pouring out of. I took some foil and tried to block the vent. I know. It sounds dangerous but the recipe says that it will only work right if the oven is super tight. With the oven turned off now, it should be okay. I'll keep my eye on it for the next 20 minutes or so.

So that's what I'm doing! I will report back after I have eaten it and seen how I like it.

Last edited by CherylB; 01-28-2013 at 03:55 PM..
Old 01-28-2013, 04:22 PM   #1676
Blabbermouth!!!

Good for you finding a good recipe ! We have made them before and they were tough, but of course we just "winged it " haha ! Should have used your recipe

Let us know.......once you come up for air ( I see you with your face in the plate devouring your beautiful food ) That's what I would do ......... <3
Old 01-28-2013, 04:46 PM   #1677
Big Yapper!

That's exactly where my face is going to be. In about 2 minutes, I pull them out and let them rest for 10 minutes. During that time I'll make the "drizzle" (Sauce, I guess.) I realize that I need more than just a small double boiler. I need a small saucepan for making things like this kind of sauce. I want to be able to make them because meat is so much better when you can add some stuff to accent the flavor.

There's the buzzer! Off and running.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:07 PM   #1678
Blabbermouth!!!

Holy crikeys but that sounds good. Can't wait to hear.

(Reminds me of how I cook steaks--heat a cast iron grill pan in a 500 degree oven, remove pan and put on hottest possible burner and sear steaks for three minutes per side, turn oven off and return the pan with steaks in it to the oven for about 5 minutes. Always turns out perfectly!)
Old 01-28-2013, 05:53 PM   #1679
Big Yapper!

WOW!!! A definite keeper! I'll write out everything I did so you can make this yourself someday. My first impression was that it was slightly overcooked, so using a temp of 550 was the wrong decision. 500 probably would have been perfect.

Everything was soooo right. The sauce was so good that this tenderloin would make a very nice meal for when you have company. Almost too good to just make for yourself! Then nobody's there to compliment the heck out of you!

Pork Tenderloin

The rub:

1 t. garlic powder
1 t. dried oregano
1 t cumin (I used curry)
1 t. ground coriander
1 t. thyme (I didn't have any. Used a little bit of Italian seasoning that has Thyme in it.)
Salt (just wing it.)

Pork Tenderloin, 1.25 lbs (adjust rub to work for your size tenderloin)

*This is where I switched over to the other recipe because the one above said to sear the meat for 10 minutes on the stove. Reviewers said it tasted great but another review said it smoked up her entire house. That was all I needed to read. NO thank you.

Cooking instructions:

1. Find out the exact weight of the roast.
2. Preheat oven to 500-550 degrees F. (I did 550. Do 500-525, depending on your oven.) Preheat roasting pan, too. Set rack to lower 1/3 of oven.
3. Combine all the seasonings in a bowl and mix well (I didn't measure seasoning; just shook some into the bowl), then rub all over the meat well.
4. When oven reaches temperature, take out pan quickly and place meat on top. Place back in the lower 1/3 of your oven.
5. Cook at temperature for exactly 5.5 minutes per lb of meat.
6. Turn oven off and leave the door shut. Set timer for one hour.
7. After the hour is up, remove roast and pan and set on stovetop for 5-10 minutes to allow meat to rest. (I tented mine with tin foil; might not have been a good idea.)

Creamy Mustard Sauce:

3 T butter, melted
0.5-1 T of mustard (plain yellow)
2 T cream cheese

Melt butter in small pan. Add mustard and mix well. Turn off burner. Add cream cheese and mix well. Turn stove back on to low temp if it's not warm enough but watch closely and stir a lot to keep from separating.

*Now here's how I ended up doing it. I melted the butter in the microwave and pulled it out when it was done. Added the mustard and tried to mix it with a fork when the spoon wasn't working. Stuck back in the micro for a few more seconds. Mixed again and then added cream cheese. Things were just not mixing well so I used a hand blender and it came out GREAT! Thick, creamy and perfect. It would be a great idea to make a large batch and put it in a fondue pot or something to keep it warm.

This recipe was stated to be for 1 lb of tenderloin, so make more as required for your roast.

OMG, guys. This is something I will be making on a regular basis for as long as I'm doing LC. The sauce is really nice and might be great on other meats as well.

Last edited by CherylB; 01-28-2013 at 05:56 PM..
Old 01-28-2013, 05:55 PM   #1680
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbqueen View Post
Holy crikeys but that sounds good. Can't wait to hear.

(Reminds me of how I cook steaks--heat a cast iron grill pan in a 500 degree oven, remove pan and put on hottest possible burner and sear steaks for three minutes per side, turn oven off and return the pan with steaks in it to the oven for about 5 minutes. Always turns out perfectly!)
MMMM! Sounds great, Jessica. I normally don't use my grill pan but it's perfect for something like that. It's got me thinking of the possibilities. YUM!
Closed Thread