Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2013, 11:08 AM   #1621
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Yeah. This is what we call, "the dead of winter." Thankfully it doesn't get any colder than it is right now. And these cold snaps rarely last longer than a week. Maybe next week we'll be in the 40's again. You just can never tell about New England weather. It's a mixed-bag for sure.

Need to go get ready. Want to be there one hour from now. Nervous and excited! Will be nice to not have someone interjecting into my day and altering how to do it. Tell me what to do and turn me loose so I can do it! I don't like when things are changed as you are in the process of carrying out the orders. Ya know?

I don't know what it is about declaring I'm going to do well with diet etc but I become an automatic time bomb. It's time to bow out altogether. I have to do something entirely different, like GET AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER.

I think it's time to make that change. Hoping all of you have the greatest of success. PM me if you wish to stay in touch. God bless each of you. I know where you can be found.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2013, 11:16 AM   #1622
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
Enjoy the horses and the bunny today!
Did something to my upper back this morning when I was putting chloe down after I picked her up. I usually don't pick her up from the floor, or put her down from standing. I did, and this happens! It hurts to breathe!
Old 01-23-2013, 11:19 AM   #1623
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby'snana View Post
sounds like a busy day. Good luck staying warm. That is awfully cold !! It's 70 here and sunny ...... I wish it was in the 50's but not as cold as where you are. Yikes !!
It was 1* here this morning! Nevermind the wind chill too! The high for today.....14*! Windchill of 0 to -10. BRRRRR!!!!
Old 01-23-2013, 05:13 PM   #1624
Big Yapper!

Oh no! Tammy, I hope that tweak to your upper back doesn't pose a long problem for you. Sounds like the exact same place the manager hurt her back today too. She was telling me about it on the phone.

Well, I did my first shift by myself. It was about 10 degrees and sometimes there was a breeze but the wind was not a problem today. I had this turtle neck kind of thing up over my mouth and nose but it got wet from my breath. Kind of defeated the point after a while. I tried spinning it around to put the dry part in the front but then it was moist on the back of my neck.

My mother was waiting for me to tell her I got home safely. She texted me three times. I finally saw all those texts and wrote her back. The second I pressed "send" she called me. OMG. Once the baby of the family, always the baby of the family. I'm freaking 50 years old, Mom. I told her that I just got to the point where I was into my PJ's and sat my butt down and saw the texts.

I got back and found that Cisco had her first diarrhea episode in the apartment since we've moved here. She has chosen her preferred corner. It is on the carpet, right in front of the stereo cabinet. It's a cozy little nook and I guess she felt safe being naughty right there. I smelled it the moment I stepped into the room. I flipped the light on and just went and got the supplies I would need to get rid of all evidence of it. Now I've got a stick of incense burning to try and overpower the smell. Poor baby. Not sure what upset her stomach.

Haven't eaten anything yet. I'm tired but happy with my first day of flying solo at the farm. I felt the stalls were padded well enough but apparently the manager thought I was going to beef them up with the new sawdust she went and got today. They didn't look bad to me so I just did the usual stuff and added bedding to only three stalls in the barn. How much do they think you can get done in a 3 hour period of time? They don't want you to go over 3 hours and if you do, you need to write in the margin of the time sheet why you went over that time frame.

There was nobody else on the premises but me, which is highly unusual. I had to keep the house locked and try not to lock the darn key inside and lock myself out (having flash-backs of the truck key incident the other week.)

I never got my bunny fix. The German Shepard didn't want to go back upstairs to his apartment after I took him out to go potty. I thought it was hip pain or something, the way he was acting. But maybe he was just faking me out and wanted to stay down in the office with the bunnies. So, no bunny fix with the Shepard in the office. Next time, I hope. My next shift is this Saturday. I picked it up as an extra shift from the other girl in exchange for her taking the morning shift in February.

Looks like I might be doing a Saturday or Sunday pm shift every other week in February. More money so I'm happy as a clam.

So tired and need to go eat now. Glad to be home and in the warmth of my comfy duplex. Hope Cissy is going to be okay now. We don't need routine belly trouble. No we don't.

Last edited by CherylB; 01-23-2013 at 05:16 PM..
Old 01-23-2013, 05:36 PM   #1625
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
Glad it's over now and you can warm up and get some rest ! Also, warms my heart that you still have your Mom to check on you..... I would love to still have my Mom <3

Enjoy your evening !
Old 01-23-2013, 06:13 PM   #1626
Big Yapper!

I know it, Laura. Someday I'll want so badly to let her know I'm home safe and tell her I love her. I'm trying to remind myself of these things.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:19 PM   #1627
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Well, I did my first shift by myself. It was about 10 degrees and sometimes there was a breeze but the wind was not a problem today. I had this turtle neck kind of thing up over my mouth and nose but it got wet from my breath. Kind of defeated the point after a while. I tried spinning it around to put the dry part in the front but then it was moist on the back of my neck.
My mother was waiting for me to tell her I got home safely. She texted me three times. I finally saw all those texts and wrote her back. The second I pressed "send" she called me. OMG. Once the baby of the family, always the baby of the family. I'm freaking 50 years old, Mom. I told her that I just got to the point where I was into my PJ's and sat my butt down and saw the texts.
I got back and found that Cisco had her first diarrhea episode in the apartment since we've moved here. She has chosen her preferred corner. It is on the carpet, right in front of the stereo cabinet. It's a cozy little nook and I guess she felt safe being naughty right there. I smelled it the moment I stepped into the room. I flipped the light on and just went and got the supplies I would need to get rid of all evidence of it. Now I've got a stick of incense burning to try and overpower the smell. Poor baby. Not sure what upset her stomach.
So tired and need to go eat now. Glad to be home and in the warmth of my comfy duplex. Hope Cissy is going to be okay now. We don't need routine belly trouble. No we don't.
Good going on your first shift alone. Good hard work, should help you sleep well tonight.
Sorry 'bout your dog-mess to greet you. Hope Cissy is better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tay65 View Post
Enjoy the horses and the bunny today!
Did something to my upper back this morning when I was putting chloe down after I picked her up. I usually don't pick her up from the floor, or put her down from standing. I did, and this happens! It hurts to breathe!
Ah, sorry Tammy Ice & ibuprofen! Also ab-crunches when you're well to strengthen the abs & prevent injury. My dh & I have had our share of backs going out... those things have helped us. When its extremely bad, muscle relaxants. In Canada, you can buy them off the shelf in a drug store. But I you need a prescription in the states.
Quote:
Glad it's over now and you can warm up and get some rest ! Also, warms my heart that you still have your Mom to check on you..... I would love to still have my Mom <3
Enjoy your evening !
I agree too Laura! Miss my Mommy too. But I also know how annoying she used to be too! Comes with the whole package.

My day went well enough, just felt tired, so I took a short nap. All 3 of the pastors are sick with what I think is the flu, or a very bad cold. Had our weekly staff meeting with all three sniffling & blowing. But fortunately they left the door open.

Enjoying biggest loser. Some really talented people tonight.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:37 PM   #1628
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Debby, I couldn't do a crunch to save my life! My disc problems prevent any exercise but maybe a short walk with a cane or holding onto Chloe's stroller. Walking in the mall often gets my butt parked on a bench to rest. When I'd take Chloe out for a stroll, I would have to avoid hills and stop to rest often. It sucks to be me!
Old 01-23-2013, 08:46 PM   #1629
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Cheryl ! Hope Cissy isn't sick!
Good job on your day alone! Be proud!
Guess what? My husband came home from work and started "guess who's birthday is in 2 days?" and "guess who is turning 50?!" LOL I can't believe he hasn't caved in on giving me my gift! I found out today he took a vacation day Friday! I'm so happy! Now I know we are going to the Olive Garden and to see a movie. I don't care if we get a blizzard, we are going! LOL Well, maybe not. hehehe
I'm getting sleepy now so shutting my eyes now.
Ttyt! Good night Ladies!

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

"He who the Son sets free is free indeed"

Tammy
Old 01-23-2013, 08:58 PM   #1630
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tay65 View Post
Debby, I couldn't do a crunch to save my life! My disc problems prevent any exercise but maybe a short walk with a cane or holding onto Chloe's stroller. Walking in the mall often gets my butt parked on a bench to rest. When I'd take Chloe out for a stroll, I would have to avoid hills and stop to rest often. It sucks to be me!
Ah, sorry!
I didn't realize you had such extensive damage. That does suck!
Hope it settles down real soon.
You crack me up, how excited you get about your birthday... My DD is like that too. I don't care much for birthdays. Or actually any holidays. I'm one of those weirdo's that likes "routine" & keeping my schedule. Like my Dad... My Mom was more like you. She did make all holidays fun.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:30 PM   #1631
Big Yapper!

How nice your birthday is going to be! I love the Olive Garden, too. Better rest up so you can take full advantage on your special day! I'm glad your family is making a big deal of it. I completely forgot my great-nephew's birthday was today. He turned 11. I was chatting with him on facebook just on Monday and we were talking about it, but I got distracted and forgot until it was after midnight. I wrote on his wall and said I was sorry. I really wanted to call and leave him a happy birthday song on his Dad's voicemail for him to hear later on. Bad Auntie...

Debby, I'm not into holidays or special days much, either. I appreciate a card on just a regular day far more than one on an expected day. You know? If you love me, tell me just out of the blue. If you want to take me out for dinner, then let's get going! LOL.

I didn't know the Biggest Loser was on again tonight. I thought it was just once a week again. Oy! Very off-kilter today. Glad I can just melt into this bed tonight and turn off the wheels that have been turning inside my head.

I wrote the manager an email tonight, after I posted about my day here. I told her how the afternoon had played out and how I hadn't read her note until I'd already cleaned all the paddocks. I mentioned the 3 hour shift and asked her how to get everything done in the time constraints, when you're the only one there and the stalls also need to be padded. I told her I wanted to do a great job every time I go, but need to know how to structure my shift when I'm alone. How to prioritize, I guess. So, it's good that I wrote it and now I will see what she says.

Looks like she replied. I need to go read what she wrote. BRB.

Last edited by CherylB; 01-23-2013 at 09:37 PM..
Old 01-23-2013, 09:36 PM   #1632
Big Yapper!

She said everything looked nice and that it was no wonder I went over the 3 hours being all alone. Two of the heated water buckets were frozen when she got home! I didn't even know that could happen. She said she reset them, so I asked her how that is done. Freaking weather! Please let this cold snap pass soon! I'll be happy to just be above freezing for a few days, so we can catch our breath.

Night, girls. Hugs and kisses.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:02 PM   #1633
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh man... I meant American Idol... Duh! Sorry to mislead you!

Glad she was positive right back...
Old 01-23-2013, 10:36 PM   #1634
Big Yapper!

ok. forgot about that show, too. too freakin tired, I guess.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:31 AM   #1635
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Ah, sorry!
I didn't realize you had such extensive damage. That does suck!
Hope it settles down real soon.
You crack me up, how excited you get about your birthday... My DD is like that too. I don't care much for birthdays. Or actually any holidays. I'm one of those weirdo's that likes "routine" & keeping my schedule. Like my Dad... My Mom was more like you. She did make all holidays fun.
There have been Birthdays and some holidays I didn't do anything. I don't know, maybe because my husband and daughter are making it a big deal it's getting me excited.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:43 AM   #1636
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:
sounds like a busy day. Good luck staying warm. That is awfully cold !! It's 70 here and sunny ...... I wish it was in the 50's but not as cold as where you are. Yikes !!
Nice to "see" you!

Cheryl-you're doing great at that job!! You're new, and want to know more about it and the best ways to do your work. Your boss is likely thrilled you're asking for input and suggestions!! WTG!!! I'm sure in time you'll be able to get it all done smoothly and efficiently and have time to play w. the bunnies!

Tay-feel better!!

Debby!

I'm trying JUDDD. I'm not overly optimistic as most report SLOW losses. I feel like it's an every other day HCG P2 plan. If I lose really slowly on it, I may throw in the towel and just do a quick 3 week hcg round. We'll see. I prefer this, much easier to live life. But, I still feel restricted and prefer LC.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:39 PM   #1637
Big Yapper!

Julie, I hope JUDDD is the ticket for you to shave those few regained lbs back off. That would be a great way to maintain, or at least to remove a few lbs. I hear ya, though. Every other day P2.

I went in to the farm again today. I offered to come in as a volunteer so I could work on the bedding in the stalls and she called me back and said I could sign in for pay. So I got 2.25 hours of extra work today. It was a lot of work but the horses are all going to be in Heaven when they walk into their stalls and see what they will have to lay around in for the next few days.

It's so frigging cold! And it's gusty up to 30 mph at times. I was wearing everything I could to keep my face covered. I was so glad that I only came in to help and didn't have to stay there for the whole shift. They have been saying we had a significant storm coming this Friday and into Saturday, now they are saying it's pretty much going to miss us! That storm is the reason I put so much bedding into the stalls today. Morons!!!! I should have gone to school to be a Meteorologist. They can be wrong more than 50% of the time and never get a reprimand.

I've had a nasty tickle in my throat since coming home from the farm. Not sure what's going on with that. Sort of like a post nasal drip but I don't know what's causing it. I'm sure I'm not coming down with a cold so I hope this is just a bit of an allergic reaction to all the sawdust I shovelled and dispersed today. A HELL of a lot of sawdust.

If I can ever get all this lard off my frame, it will be amazing to see how toned I am underneath it all. I've been working hard for over a year and I must be looking pretty fine deep down!

I'm glad to be home and really happy I got to make a few bucks today. Life is good. Have a wonderful and warm night, everyone. Julie, it must be absolutely perfect weather in AZ right about now. Come on and rub it in! Give me something to dream about.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:04 PM   #1638
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Cheryl, I wrote to ya this morning but I see it didn't post. Sheesh!
Glad to see you got some extra time today. $$$! Niiiiice!
We are getting snow tomorrow instead of you. Never fails, every year on my birthday!
I'm home alone and its so quiet! Chloe is with my dd at her bf's. Chloe was asking for him and her Mimi. Tasha texted me telling me Chloe "peed allll over" her! LOL She took her to go potty and she was losing her grip so she took chloe off (big potty) and she wound up going on my dd's leg! LOL I cracked up!
Talked to my dad today to tell him thanks for the card and he went on to tell me my grandma is in a nursing home (as of yesterday) and not doing so well. Things are bad now with her. I'm going to go see her tomorrow when she returns from having another stint put in her pancreas bc its blocked again. Shes very weak and seems to be giving up. Remember, she has pancreatic cancer. They won't be removing the tumor bc she has only a 5% chance of surviving the surgery. Its an 8 hr surgery and shes just too old and weak. Makes me sad to realise her time with us is uncertain. And my dad told me she can stay at the home for a little while, but then her insurance won't pay anymore. So I don't know what will happen then. Paying out of pocket is expensive.
So, anyways, you have a nice evening. Stay warm and give Cissy smooches!
Oh, are ya ready for LC tomorrow?
Old 01-24-2013, 05:51 PM   #1639
Big Yapper!

Nope. I decided to start Saturday instead. I just want "one more day" of indulgences. I can't help myself. I hate when I get to this point where I feel like I will never be able to eat these foods ever again. I'm even craving the Olive Garden's "soup, salad and bread sticks" meal and I'm considering going there tomorrow. I haven't talked to my Mom and sister Donna yet. They will be the ones I go with, if they are interested.

I'm very sorry that your dear Grandmother is at a crossroad. I hope that her final days and moments are filled with peace, love and as little pain as possible. Treasure her and let her know how much she will be missed. And hold her close, just the way I'll be holding Cisco tonight (but to keep warm!)

Is anyone in a position to take her into their home and sign her up for end-of-life care? (Hospice or Palliative Care.) They can make it so much easier to care for her at home while keeping her pain at a manageable level. They are also a wonderful support to family members who are doing their best for the individual who's time is running out. I hope you look into it and that someone is willing to consider doing this for her. I know for you, that would be a physical impossibility. You just don't have the capabilities to do any physical caring for an adult person who is in need of a lot of care. You have your hands full just with little Chloe.

However, getting back to the question of whether I was ready for Atkins tomorrow, I did find some pork tenderloins marked down a few bucks each and I snagged two of them and put them in the freezer. I thought of keeping one fresh but knowing me, I might not want to eat it in the first few days. But it will be nice when I do make it. Might start using my crock pot again.

I also have a small turkey in my freezer. That sounds like a nice thing to start off with too. I could make some soup and stuff with the leftovers. Maybe find a recipe for a quiche or casserole on Linda Sue's website that calls for turkey meat.

I used to LOVE her website and recipes. The only problem I had making those yummy foods was that I'm single and I'd end up eating the entire quiche or casserole in one blissful day. All allowable foods but the quantities of all that cream and cheese and what-have-you can really mess with the scale.

I'm going to buy one of those muffin pans! You guys have really turned me on to those muffins you make. I'll see if I can find the kind that will allow me to make some in the microwave, too. LC really can be fun. I want to keep it lively!

It's so cold and horrible out tonight. I feel terrible for the animals and for the poor manager who has to do night check each and every night around 11 pm. She has to top off all their waters and sometimes the faucets have frozen stiff. Whatever they are paying her is not nearly enough.

I have some crab meat-stuffed mushroom caps that are going to need to be eaten in the next 36 hours, and I think I'm going to go eat them now. Melted butter and fresh squeezed lemon and down the hatch they'll go. Oooh baby.

Last edited by CherylB; 01-24-2013 at 06:00 PM..
Old 01-24-2013, 07:28 PM   #1640
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm going to OG tomorrow! I can't wait to go. We have a new one to go to that is so much closer than the one we had to travel to. Calamari here I come! LOL
I can't wait to get my present too! Kindle maybe???? hehehe I'll let ya know.
My grandma isn't ready for Hospice yet. My mom is an RN and she was a DON at the facility my grandma is at now. So she knows how to handle insurance companies and hospice and all that.
Well, I'm tired and hubby will be home in 20 minutes. ttyt!
Old 01-24-2013, 08:10 PM   #1641
Big Yapper!

If it isn't a Kindle, you are going to be so bummed. God, help it to be a Kindle! Or at least let it be enough money so she can buy herself one!

I think it's your fault that I'm going to the Olive Garden tomorrow too! I have coerced my mom and sister to go with me at 3:30 pm. I want the all-you-can eat soup, salad and breadsticks. So that's what I'm going to get. I'm going to go out in style! Then Saturday morning, I being Atkins again. I will have no regrets cause I've scratched every itch I could think of. And I split my pants in the process!

Did I mention that here? I wore my jeans to the farm today and one time when I was squatting down and bending over (strange combo manuever), I felt something odd behind me. Well, came home and washed my clothes. Took them out of the dryer and was about to hang them up in the closet when I saw the @$$, just to the right of the seam. Shreaded!!! They are history, dudes. They can only be used as a reminder of where this WOE takes me, time and time again.

I wish I could laugh about it but they were my only friggin jeans that fit comfortably right now. Back to stretchy pants, which means I have some hemming to do in a big dang hurry.

Last edited by CherylB; 01-24-2013 at 08:11 PM..
Old 01-24-2013, 08:18 PM   #1642
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You split your pants???? OMG!!!! LMAO!!! I know, not funny. But still....
Hell I can't fit into any of my jeans. I've been wearing sweats!
Yep, going to OG for lunch and taking Chloe. She's really good in restaurants, but can be loud sometimes. Once me and my dd took her to Bob Evans and there was an elderly couple beside us and they kept rolling their eyes bc Chloe was talking loud. Hell, she's not even 2! She doesn't understand to be quiet yet. Makes me mad.
Well, hubby is home so gonna go talk.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:34 PM   #1643
Big Yapper!

yep! wore those jeans OUT! then moved the wrong way and the gig was up. hope chloe enjoys og and keeps her mouth entertained.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:26 AM   #1644
Big Yapper!

I got a text from my Mom. She said "count me out on Olive Garden." She has a headache and says they are a result of the really cold weather. So without her going, that kind of dampened the idea for me too. I didn't feel jazzed about it like I did yesterday when I rounded everyone up. I've been texting and calling and leaving messages for my sister and she just now called me back. She hadn't received anything I sent! Her phone was in the car, turned off.

So we're not going. And now she tells me that her husband was possibly going to meet us at the restaurant. Yesterday he wasn't going to go. If I'd know he was coming, I'd have still gone! I hate this. All these ways to stay in touch with cell phones, texting, emailing and I think we have worse communication than we normally would have had. Ever get that feeling?

I'm going to just hang out here at home, where it's warm. I have something yummy to eat and I'll enjoy it completely. I weighed myself today and it was a bit horrifying. I wrote it on my bathroom mirror with the dry-erase marker. It's all down hill from here.

We're only going to get a dusting of fluffy snow tonight so no biggie. Will be back at the farm tomorrow afternoon, and hopefully I'll have a volunteer. I hope she shows up. She's a girl that's still in high school and her mother drops her off and picks her back up. She a nice girl and it's fun to work with her. Saturday used to be one of my volunteering days so we know each other pretty well.

Later on I'll be back to write more. For now I'm going to enjoy my last day of decadence. Can't do that too well with two hands on the keyboard.

Last edited by CherylB; 01-25-2013 at 11:27 AM..
Old 01-25-2013, 11:34 AM   #1645
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
sorry your outing was cancelled. Good luck on going back LC tomorrow ! You can do this Cheryl.......We are all pulling for you !
Old 01-25-2013, 11:45 AM   #1646
Big Yapper!

Thanks, Laura! I appreciate that. I need people "pulling for me." It's going to be quite a first week. I haven't flexed that dieting muscle in quite a while. I don't count that week of juicing. That was something quite different than a real diet.

Tammy, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Enjoy your special day and I hope you are now the happy owner of a Kindle!
Old 01-26-2013, 07:18 PM   #1647
Big Yapper!

I'm feeling pretty sore right now (my lower back) and I'm trying to find a comfortable position but I figured I needed to post about my day. I got to the farm just after 3 and around 4, the volunteer girl arrived. I hadn't thought about me being early, I just noticed how long I'd been working without help and just assumed she wasn't coming. I was so happy to see her!

Wicked cold and windy today. So cold that my coat freaking started to disintegrate! I've never seen anything like that in my entire life. I wish I could describe it so you could understand but the coat is red and after a while, I noticed all these tiny fine white lines all down the arms and down the chest (the parts I could see). The fabric was just becoming so brittle that it was breaking down! Unbelievable.

I was there for exactly 3 hours this time. What a difference when you have a little help! I really enjoy this young girl. She thinks she wants be go into Marine Biology but only because she loves whales. I told her she'd need to learn to love all the rest of the animals too or she'd get frustrated way too soon. Another interest for her is law. I think she should follow that path and make whales her hobby. (How she would be able to do that, I haven't a clue. Maybe going on a cruise in Alaska every few years?)

I brought the horses in about 30 minutes early. The sun was getting very low in the sky and I could FEEL the temperature dropping by the minute. CRAZY cold. So I let them in but didn't give them their hay right away. They aren't used to going into a stall with no hay and it was funny. Nobody was raising a fuss but they clearly were looking forward to dinner.

I figured out a way to keep the heated water bucket in the arena plugged in over night. We have been dumping it and bringing in the bucket and extension cord every night, then setting it all back up the next day. I found that the extension cord is just long enough to stretch over to the second outlet, without being a trip line for the horses. It was perfect! I just hope the manager is willing to leave it that way. Seems so stupid to make more work for yourself both at night and in the morning. So I scrubbed out the bucket, dumped the water and then added 2 fresh buckets of water to it. Couldn't put more cause the bucket is cracked half way up.

I was pretty proud of my accomplishment in that endeavor. I really hope she leaves it that way. The reason for having to move the extension cord to the other outlet is because when the stall buckets get filled and plugged in for the night, they take up those two plugs in that particular outlet. Now all are plugged in and will keep from freezing over.

I can't WAIT for Monday when things will begin to warm up for a few days. It's supposed to be rainy on my two work days but I don't care about that at the moment. I just will be happy for the relief of being well above freezing. Maybe we can actually take the horses for a walk. Imagine that! And the poor goats are shut up in the stall in the barn all day and all night. I wanted to let them roam around but the German Shepard was downstairs in the house and if someone let him out, there would have been trouble. They don't get along well. I think the young goat tries to head-butt him.

So in other news, I ate about 5 or 6 slices of microwaved bacon for lunch/breakfast and had one mug of coffee with Ez Sweetz and 1 oz of half and half (used the scale to weigh the cream.) Then when I came back from the farm, I stopped at the store to get a rotisserie chicken. I asked the lady at the deli counter if they had any sugar on them and she said they only use Paprika for browning purposes. I enjoyed that warm and already made-for-me dinner. I just wish the skin on both sides of the chicken actually got browned. The bottom half is always mushy and colorless. I eat it anyway cause I love chicken skin.

I should ask the meat guys if they would bag up all the chicken skin from the skinless meat that they sell. Hmmm... I could fry them up and use them for snacking. There just isn't enough skin on one chicken. It's gone way too fast.

Then I had less than an oz of sharp cheddar cheese around 9:30 tonight. I was thinking about having a cup of herbal tea but couldn't find any in the house. Some things are still in the trunk of my car, believe it or not. Never brought into the duplex after my move. Some things came over little by little and that's probably what happened with the tea. I'll bring it all in tomorrow. I couldn't bare the thought of going back outside in this cold even for just a minute more.

So, I'm off to a good start. I haven't had to make as many trips to the bathroom to pee as I thought I would. Maybe it will take a few days to release all the water weight I've got on me. Tomorrow I will clean up my kitchen and maybe toss a pork tenderloin in the oven to roast. I will see if I can find a good recipe that would be induction-friendly. I want maximum flavor!

I hope you're all having a nice night. I took a couple pics tonight at the farm (sunset and full moon.) I'll try and upload them from my phone and see if I can post them here.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:47 PM   #1648
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Cheryl,
Sounds like a super-cold day! Is your jacket plastic? That why it was falling apart?
I love the skin too. Enjoyed turkey skin today, as I baked one this morning.
Sounds like your diet is starting out good.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:04 PM   #1649
Big Yapper!

It has some sort of elasticity to it but no, it's not plastic. I wouldn't wear something like that on a day that's this cold. Plastic is for warmer and wetter weather.

I got the pics uploaded so I'm going to attach them now. There are a bunch of like-pics but I'll post them all so you can pick your favorites. I took them with my phone's camera so they are a bit on the blurry side. Especially the ones of the moon. The house in the moon shots is the farm house. The manager lives in the apartment upstairs but it's not the entire second floor. And the sunset is up behind the duplexes (the stalls not inside the barn itself.) We have the most amazing sunsets there in winter. I guess they're still pretty in summer but I'm usually gone home long before it sets in the warmer months.

So, enjoy!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Farm Sunset, 1.26.13.jpg (19.2 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Farm Sunset 5, 1.26.13.jpg (24.1 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Farm Sunset 4, 1.26.13.jpg (23.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Farm Sunset 3, 1.26.13.jpg (32.3 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Farm Sunset 2, 1.26.13.jpg (32.3 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Farm Full Moon 4, 1.26.13.jpg (26.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Farm Full Moon 3, 1.26.13.jpg (25.6 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Farm Full Moon 2, 1.26.13.jpg (12.8 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Farm Full moon 1, 1.26.13.jpg (15.5 KB, 3 views)
Old 01-26-2013, 08:08 PM   #1650
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Very nice!
Closed Thread