Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2013, 02:57 PM   #1591
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
that sounds like really hard work !! Don't know how you do it ....... exhausting !

Get some good rest and I hope they change you on the 12th !

Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2013, 03:23 PM   #1592
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Thanks, Laura. It is hard work but somehow I expect it to come easier to me. I can't accept that I'm 50! I still can't wrap my head around that fact and I keep looking for other reasons why I don't tolerate the level of exertion better. Maybe I'm just friggin' old and working with a body that has been too obese and too sedentary for far too many years. Not to even mention the lack of nutrition all my life! OMG. I'm a mess!
Old 01-21-2013, 08:19 PM   #1593
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Hi,
Sorry your sleepless night caught up with you. I know I'd have a hard time working after that too, but physical work must of really been hard!

Dh made it to Eugene, Oregon. He'll get to his Mom's tomorrow.

Have a good sleep!
Old 01-22-2013, 11:45 AM   #1594
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
I'll be 48 Friday and I know my age along with my disability makes physical activity hard to do. And I was very active my whole life.
Well, today is better for me. Still icing my low back til tomorrow. I kept the ice pack on all night so I could sleep. I was just so drowsy yesterday! Now I just wait for a week to pass to see if I get any relief from the 2 injections.
Its cold as Alaska here! Wind chill is -15! I can't wait til winter is gone and I can take Chloe outdoors again.

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

"He who the Son sets free is free indeed"

Tammy
Old 01-22-2013, 11:55 AM   #1595
Big Yapper!

Hi, girls. I got all caught up on sleep and I feel human again. I took the dog for a walk last night during the light snowfall we were getting. I just think it's unkind and unfair to take such good care of the animals at the farm and let Cissy fall through the cracks. So we walked up the street a ways and turned left and then right and we were at a place that doesn't allow dogs but clearly there was no one but us there at the time. I let her off her leash and she ran around and was happy.

It reminds me so much of the walk we used to take from the house I lost just a mile or less away from here. It's kind of eerie, in fact. When we walked the same left/right and off leash at that house, we were in the town's Fish and Game (the parking lot that led to a trail that led to the two ponds.) Now this left/right walk and then off leash takes us to Lake Winfield which is the third pond in the trio of connected ponds with the Fish and Game. So strange but beautiful because it shows me how much God is in this.

I am so stiff and sore in my joints and I know it's more than just being in the 200's again. It's the carby foods I'm eating that is causing inflammation. I can't believe I'm saying this (after making my big declaration in my siggy) but I think my only option is to return to a LC lifestyle. I get so bored with it and I start feeling so backed into a corner when I'm at family functions and such but I'm just going to have to put forth the extra effort to make it work for me.

Winter isn't going to last forever and I have to get myself back into condition; for this job and for all the things I'll need to be doing when Spring and Summer return. If I continue to do nothing but indulge the child within, I will still be in the 200's and inflamed when things begin ramping-up at the farm. I can't let that happen. I limit myself by the choices I make.

So, back to LC, back to the gym (in February sometime) and back to being a responsible person who doesn't use her body like a garbage receptacle.

It was 19 degrees when I woke up at noon, and it's slowly slipping even lower as time goes by. It's 16 now, only 2.5 hours later. BRRRR! We only got about an inch of snow last night but it has stuck like glue due to the extreme cold temps. Tomorrow it will be my turn to work out in this mess. Today it is someone else's problem.

I got the afternoon girl to make that swap with me! She's going to do the 12th in the morning () and I'm going to do this Saturday afternoon for her. Her sister's birthday party is this Saturday so it worked out great for each of us. And maybe she will see that we can "mix and match" together in the future when things come up.

The only bummer in this situation is we're going to get 4 or more inches of snow on Friday night. Whatever! Such is life when you work outdoors. You go with the flow and do the best you can under the circumstances.

Debby, your hubby must be at his mom's by now. Happy that he's had a safe trip and will be back in your warm home soon. Have you missed him a lot? How many years have you been together?

Okay. So I'm looking at the calendar and trying to decide when to take the LC plunge. I think Friday is the day, so Friday it is. This time I can't look at it as a diet. I knew it had to be a lifestyle change when I did it before, but I don't think it really took root in my heart. It was always a diet; a temporary thing that I could go off and on for special occasions. Now it can't be like that because all it takes is one or two days of eating the wrong things to put me right back where I am right now.

If there's something I'm really craving or something special being served at a family dinner, I will find a LC version of it and bring it with me. And I will try to be thankful that there IS a LC version of it!

Time to balance my checkbook and see just how much money I have left to work with before my payday on February 3rd (the BIG payday, that is.) Then I'll pace myself until then. Good thing I have lots of meat in the freezer. I haven't "dove" in a while but will go back to that if I need to. Wish the grocery store was closer to home.

Have a nice day, ladies! Stay warm and safe.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:59 AM   #1596
Big Yapper!

Hey, Tammy! I hope when the icing is over that you do feel better. You deserve a break. It's wicked cold here, too! Feels like Fargo ND or something. This is about as bad as winters get up here, unless the frigid temps happen at the same time as a blizzard-type system. Thankfully we aren't getting any big snow-making system in the near future.

You're 2 years younger than I am. Well, 2.5 years younger. I'll be 51 in August. Time just keeps marching on.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:58 PM   #1597
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey gals
Yeah, Cheryl, I wonder if you're just gluten intolerant? I can easily share my diet with you, if you'd like... might give you some ideas. I'm still getting quite a few carbs without the ill effects.
Its Brrry Coldddy here too.

DH has spent all of today in the same city. Getting new tires before heading to his Mom's.... also waiting for it to warm up... hard to ride a moto if there's a possibility of ice, which he ran into several times the last few days. Too stressful in the big-traffic areas.

Well, time to go home.

See ya later!
Old 01-22-2013, 01:09 PM   #1598
Big Yapper!

I'm glad he's using caution and taking his time. I'd love to hear your Gluten-free plan! Feel free to post it here or I can PM you my email address.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:18 PM   #1599
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I wonder if thas my issue too! Please tell us about how and what you eat! I'm very interested!
Cheryl, I've just been taking it easy. Chloe has been a doll for me. Guess she knows when Mamaw isn't herself. Did I tell you my daughter had bought me a t-shirt that says "Mamaw Rocks" on it? I got it for Xmas. I wore it on xmas and splashed ham drippings on it. I washed it & it didn't come out. So, no dryer. I then sprayed Shout on it and let it sit for a few days, rewashed it TWICE and......NO STAIN!!!! I was never so happy! LOL
I bet Cissy was happy to get out and run for a while. She was prob getting cabin fever! hehehe
Well, bbl to talk more. And don't forget, you can always text me woman! LOL
Old 01-22-2013, 02:48 PM   #1600
Blabbermouth!!!

I would be interested too Debby if you don't mind........
Old 01-22-2013, 03:52 PM   #1601
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OK... so, I'm going to try to paste it here... Might not work.

Breakfast
Quaker Oatmeal -0.8 Cup
Bulk Barn - Hulled Hemp Seeds, (1tbsp)
Nutivia - Coconut Oil - Organic Extra Virgin, 1 tablespoon
Generic - Organic Pumpkin Seeds (Raw), (1tbsp)
Dried Unsweetened Coconut Flakes, 1 tblsp
Blue Diamond Almond Breeze - Almond Milk Unsweetened Original, 0.3 cup

Lunch
1 Corn Tortillas,
Grass Fed Beef Roast, 3 cooked oz
Fresh - Red Cabbage - Steamed, 1 Cup

Snack (& misc)
Freshly Juiced - Lemon, 0.25 fruit
Nestle - Coffee-Mate French Vanilla (Revised), 2 tbsp
Adhva - Agave Nectar, 1 T
Quaker Oats - Oatbran, 1/4 cup
Dried Unsweetened Coconut Flakes, 1 tblsp
Nutivia - Coconut Oil - Organic Extra Virgin, 1 tablespoon
Blue Diamond Almond Breeze - Almond Milk Unsweetened Original, 0.3 cup

Dinner
Best Choice - Dried Plums/Prunes, 1/12 cup
Beet Root - Beet Root, 33 g
Generic - Turkey Breast Skinless Cooked, 3 oz
Birds Eye - Broccoli Stir-fry Vegetables, 2 cup

..............Calories....Carbs....Fat....Protein
Totals......1,277......132........52......61

More later. But I will send you a link from facebook.
& rest of gals, please message me with emails. :-)
Old 01-22-2013, 04:04 PM   #1602
Big Yapper!

That's great about your shirt being salvaged! I'm sure it's something you want to wear for a long time to come. I'm glad you're resting and that Chloe is being a good girl for her grandma. What a little love bug. What is that psychedelic place she's in in the latest picture? Looks groovy! (PS: I won't forget. Same goes for you, young lady.)

It is SO FRIGGIN COLD OUTSIDE!!! I went to the grocery store for a quick few things and it is about as cold as it gets in CT. Cissy's now enjoying a marrow bone on her "bone blankie." We instituted a bone blankie when we moved here, cause of all the carpeting. I didn't want all that "bone slobber" to be messing up the floors. Now if I give her a bone and I haven't laid down the bone blankie yet, she doesn't know how to handle it!
Old 01-22-2013, 04:07 PM   #1603
Big Yapper!

Wow, Debby! That seems like such a liveable way to eat! Thank you for posting it. Looking forward to that link.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:47 PM   #1604
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thats Chloe's bedroom! Theres striped curtains up and on the floor is a mat her mom put together for her that has numbers and letters on it. They fasten together like a puzzle and she is always taking it apart! The letters and numbers come out too! But yeah, its a bright room! And her Dora bed is bright too. PINK! And the canopy is purple. With Dora bedding, of course. LOL
It's 10* now! Going down to 7. And tomorrow in the teens and about an inch of snow and more thru tomorrow night.
I'm feeling pretty good right now. No weak feeling in my leg now, from the steroid. Now I wait and see. Then do it again in 2 weeks! UGH!
I use to have a dog, Gypsy. She was a chihuahuah/pug mix and very smart! I had to give her up when my back became worse and I couldn't walk her. She would beg to go for a walk and it broke my heart when I couldn't and noone else would. She was my little dog and I loved her enough to give her up. I cried for days! That is why I refuse to have another dog.
Have to tell ya....I haven't lost an ounce on JUDDD yet. I'm not giving up. I may need to lower my UD calories from what the calculator gave me. I'll see tomorrow what the scale says and go from there.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:51 PM   #1605
Blabbermouth!!!

Debby I've never seen some of those things ! Wow, it all seems really healthy. I don't know if I could do that many carbs though........

Do you all FB ? I will pm y'all with my name and email .
Old 01-22-2013, 05:20 PM   #1606
Big Yapper!

That's what they made treadmills for, Tammy! I'm sorry you had to give up Gypsy. It's so heart breaking when things don't work out with an animal. I hope she's in a good home (or was, if she's long gone.) Chloe has all the latest goodies, I see. Oh to be young and totally spoiled. *sigh* ()

It's horrible outside, isn't it? That's why I'm going to hide here in the warmth until I have no choice but to leave. Will dress warmly tomorrow and won't sweat the small stuff at the farm. The paddock poops will mostly stay where they lay.

I'm sorry about JUDDD being off to a slow start. Maybe it's like Atkins and other plans where the more times you do it and then stop doing it and then return to it, it isn't as effective as previous times. I'm about to dive back into Atkins so we'll see about that. I am hoping for the best. Try and eat less on the UD's and see how it goes.

I tried finding you on FB after you PM'd me Laura but I'm coming up empty. Are you listed as being in TX on FB? Help me figure out what I'm doing wrong, please.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:26 PM   #1607
Blabbermouth!!!

not sure....but there's 2 people in conn with your name. Do you have a profile pic or not ? There's one of each.......
Old 01-22-2013, 05:38 PM   #1608
Big Yapper!

I have a pic. Blond with a grin.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:59 PM   #1609
Blabbermouth!!!

too weird. There's only 2 listed. One has brown hair and a guy in the pic with her. Other one has no pic

this is crazy
Old 01-22-2013, 06:11 PM   #1610
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah, Facebook is pretty high security, makes it harder to find people. Might need the email you use for it to search for.
I have a lot of food intolerance's so you'll see that dairy, eggs, gluten, rice & sugar are completely missing from my diet. Specific brands are only there because that's how the data-base has it set up. And with scanning the bar-codes... plus I buy my food in Canada I'd love to have available to me what you have available to you!
Old 01-22-2013, 06:12 PM   #1611
Big Yapper!

Doesn't seem to be "in the cards", does it! I'm almost never on FB anymore, anyway. I mainly go to see what's being posted by my other very chatty family members and friends. When I was on it a lot, it was to play poker. Got burned out on that long ago. Just wish I could cash out my back roll because I'd be set for life!
Old 01-22-2013, 06:14 PM   #1612
Big Yapper!

That's true, Debby. I forget you are "out there somewhere" and what you have on hand might be different than what I can grab down here. I didn't know that FB was high security at all. I thought it was quite the opposite. But like I said above, I'm kind of "over" facebook these days.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:19 PM   #1613
Blabbermouth!!!

yeah, no one else has ever had trouble finding me.....oh well

so Debby what is this data base you are talking about ? I've never tried hemp seeds and things like that. Do you have to go to specialty stores for a lot of your food ?

Cheryl, wouldn't that be fun if you could "cash out " ??
Old 01-22-2013, 06:24 PM   #1614
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

They're just making it harder to find friends that don't have much in common with you... like location. I think its to cut down on the spammers trying to get to you. I had a house guest that wanted to add me, he had his settings too high to be found by a stranger. I found his wife, but he had to change his settings. Finally got it.
I love facebook. Its a fabulous tool for the church. And my family. Well, my siblings, kids & grandkids. Older ones don't like it, so they miss out on a lot in our lives, because I really don't care to be writing e-mails to each person that should be interested in what I'm doing every day... I also get instant messaging to my iphone from it, so its a cool texting tool, without having to use phone #'s.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:36 PM   #1615
Blabbermouth!!!

I sent you my name Debby too. Maybe it will let you find me ??

And I like it also for friends and family and all the cute pics of kiddos and pets
Old 01-22-2013, 09:13 PM   #1616
Big Yapper!

I'm going to try and find you on FB again, Laura. This time I will use your email address. Wish me luck! Night, ladies. God bless you and keep you safe and warm tonight.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:46 PM   #1617
Blabbermouth!!!

getting sleepy myself. Glad you found me on FB ! Love your pic !
Old 01-22-2013, 09:50 PM   #1618
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Fun being FB friends
Old 01-23-2013, 10:01 AM   #1619
Big Yapper!

Laura, that pic on FB was taken when I was around 81 lbs and it was back in 2011, I believe. Long time ago. There are certain weights you get down to where you start to really see and feel a difference and that low 80's is one of mine.

Ten degrees outside and I have the farm around 3pm. Just over 2 hours from now. I'm going to get there earlier than I usually do and see what I can get accomplished without feeling rushed or pressured for time. They expect the pm feed shift to be done in 3 hours so if I go over, I have to justify why and then the extra time has to be approved by the manager before it can be paid. But I will probably just call it "volunteer time" if I go over by too much. I just don't want to feel rushed.

We won't be getting any precipitation so we won't have to bring them inside earlier than the usual time. That means I can go ahead and put their hay in their stalls early and have that task checked-off my list. I really don't think I'll be able to clean up much of the manure because they are just frozen to the ground when it's this cold. I'll try but I won't go crazy. Someone said that they do "the kick test" and if it moves, they pick it up.

I hope they will be wearing the coats they already have on. It's such a PIA to have to take them all off, put them away and put the other sheets on them. That's 14 coats in all.

There's very little grooming to be done when it's cold like this and they're wearing coats. Mainly just pick their hooves and that's about all. But there is one horse that needs a little "peri care" due to loose stools and he's not been getting cleaned. I want to do that tonight and at least see how bad it is. Poor horse!

There will be no time or enough people to even try to walk any of them so today is just the bare essentials. I heard that they are quite wild when they have gotten the chance to go for a walk this past week. Even one of the ones that's normally very good. They're just overdue for some serious cutting loose.

If I feel up to it, when I come inside at the end of the shift and after I've walked the German Shepard so he can go potty, I may sit on the floor in the manager's office and give Bugsy some love. He's such a cute bunny and he was someones pet. He used to hop around someones apartment and he was litter box trained. He's black and sweet and loves to be petted. But I want to try and hold him a while and see if he likes that.

The thought just crossed my mind that I might not be writing all this on my journal! I'm glad it is mine and not someone else's. I do get wordy sometimes.

So, that's the plan for the day. Then I will come home and get warm and cozy. Please Lord, let this day go smoothly and help me to be a good caregiver to these animals who are relying on me for their care and protection. Amen.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:25 AM   #1620
Blabbermouth!!!

sounds like a busy day. Good luck staying warm. That is awfully cold !! It's 70 here and sunny ...... I wish it was in the 50's but not as cold as where you are. Yikes !!
Closed Thread