Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2013, 08:37 PM   #1531
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Sorry I put you through that. I had a pretty clean, low calorie day today. I ate two tangerines, a can of Progresson Tomato and Basil soup and some baby carrots with ranch dressing (and some salt.) We'll see where I land tomorrow. Nite!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2013, 11:13 AM   #1532
Big Yapper!

Yesterday I ate two tangerines, then later I had a can of Progresso Tomato and Basil soup (had it in the pantry and it sounded good, which it was), and later on I ate baby carrots with ranch dressing and some salt. I felt like I had enough food and today I'm 199.6. So some of my weight lost with juicing was simply water and was quickly regained with simply one naughty night. (Literally, because I drank two juices during the day and only had the pizza in the evening.) At least I'm under 200. Onward!

I have my last day as a barn volunteer this afternoon. I think I should tell the girl I volunteer with on Saturdays that I won't be working with her anymore and why but I'm not sure if I should be making any announcements about being hired.

I slept really late today. For some reason, when the alarm went off to take my morning meds, I just reached up for the pill dispenser and put it on top of the computer rather than taking them. So I took my morning meds at 1pm.

It's foggy, overcast and in the low 40's. I am predicting that we will be taking the horses or the minis for walks in the field today. They may have already been walked but if not, we'll get to do it.

We got quite a bit of rain yesterday. I just checked the back of the pond behind our property for any waterfall action and there wasn't any (need binoculars to see that through the trees.) We're safe for now.

Not sure what I'll eat today but I'll keep it LC. I have tons of eggs, thanks to Aldi. (The dumpster). I also have all the ingredients to make a sausage and kale soup I used to make and love. Maybe I'll make that tomorrow.

I'm wishing we all have a great rest-of-our day (still morning from my perspective). I'll report back later. Please pray that I am physically up to all that walking through the fields. Energy, a spring in my step and lots of air in my lungs (which are breathing normally and heart pumping as it should. Moderately slow, steady and strong.)

Old 01-12-2013, 12:49 PM   #1533
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
hope you do feel ok at "work". Last day without pay ! woohoo !!
Old 01-12-2013, 01:57 PM   #1534
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Hope your day goes well at work. Glad I don't have to work today! Couldn't have done it.
Have fun!
Old 01-12-2013, 07:12 PM   #1535
Big Yapper!

Would LOVE to tell you about my day but I didn't get home until after 8. I had stopped at a couple places for certain items and then drove home while picking at a rotisserie chicken I just bought. YUM! I realized later that it was the first actual meat I'd eaten since before the juice cleanse.

Had a good day and will tell you all about it tomorrow. It was super muddy and foggy. Night!
Old 01-13-2013, 04:07 AM   #1536
Big Yapper!

0645 and still awake. Made a pot of coffee and am giving up on sleeping until maybe I can catch a nap later this morning. I hate nights like these. I went to pick up the new bottle of Restoril after the farm yesterday but the pharmacy had already closed by 6. Now in hindsight, I think I didn't have a Restoril in my pills tonight. I probably robbed it out of the little "Saturday" compartment on another night recently when I couldn't sleep.

Anyway, it was super foggy yesterday. There was a mist in the air. No rain but you could see mist at times. The horses got spooked a few times in a really severe way on the walks through the field. There is a narrow line of trees between fields and something in the trees would catch their eye and they would lurch. Luckily we didn't lose any of them. The two that the other girl walked were the more energetic ones. I told her that the field walks were the thing that sapped me of my energy so that's why I took the better-controlled horses.

Two had been walked earlier so we did two treks around together and then when we were down to one last horse to walk, I suggested that she walk him and I would prepare the grain and start feeding those who had been back and had some hay in their digestive system. That worked out great. Then I did the four horses in the upper stalls as far as hoofs and brushing. The other girl did the three in the barn.

And just like that, we were done. I don't know where the other volunteer was but she didn't show up. I prayed for stamina with the field walks and asked my mother and sister to also pray and I did feel quite different. The second time around was almost better than the first! I guess I really need to start using my treadmill and put it on a serious incline so I can get accustomed to that activity. I'm fine on the flat areas but as soon as we head up soggy, snowy hills, I'm struggling. (The snow in that part of the field was still about 6 inches deep and very soggy.

Another thing I did was use a ladder to climb up into the back of a dump truck in order to shovel saw dust into a wheelbarrow for bedding in the barn. I then backed the truck back under the "barn" (a barn but not "the" barn) and proceeded to lock the key inside. It didn't happen just like that, though. I asked her if I could back the truck back in its place, she said yes. I did it then took the key out of the ignition and put it back in the cup holder, where she had put it after she pulled it out of the barn. Walking back to her, she asked if I locked the truck. I said I didn't and went back and locked the door. It wasn't until she asked me where the key was that I realized what I had done. Hopefully there is a spare key.

This is what I've been talking about with the Antabuse and my memory/thought processes. I have decided I can't continue taking it. The last pill was taken on Friday night. As glorious as it was to get me off the habit, it has too many risks. I can't chance doing things like that on a regular basis and I know that I will if I keep taking it. So, that's that.

On the way home I stopped to return some wiper blades I bought last week. They were the wrong size so I decided (with the fog and mist) that I really needed to go get the right wipers. I did some other shopping and spent just over $100. It felt nice to shop! I had to reign myself in big-time. I bought essentials, but still. So anyway, what I was going to say is that when I returned the wiper blades, the lady gave me a receipt and said, "Print here and sign there." I printed my first name and signed my last name; all on one line. CASE IN POINT.

I think I might be able to carry the Antabuse around in my purse and when I'm having a really bad craving or a bad day and really want to drink, take a pill right then. Just to get me over the hump. I don't see any other way to make this drug work for me.

Going to enjoy my first cup of coffee since before the juice cleanse. BTW, since I never got to the point of feeling revitalized with the juicing, I don't think I could really call that a total detox of my system. Next time I'll need to do it longer I suppose. But it's great to be eating food again.

Have a lovely Sunday, ladies. Hugs!

Last edited by CherylB; 01-13-2013 at 04:20 AM..
Old 01-13-2013, 09:21 AM   #1537
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So sorry you had another sleepless night.

Your description of climbing the muddy-snowy hill is what anyone that is over-weight would be going through. Its good for you, that you have to do that at work... making you work-out! Good idea to work on building up your stamina on the treadmill too. Even without an incline it will build up your stamina for those challenging times. Last time I went for a bit of a walk & ended up climbing a very steep field, I was shocked to find that it didn't bother me at all! I was doing elliptical daily for "ever"... and it definitely works!

Hey! You quit coffee to do this cleanse?!! Oh my word! THAT would make my memory, speech, functionality, energy level, etc... fall completely apart! I didn't know that. That may actually be more of the culprit then your med. But I think your plan of having one in your purse for "temptation" is a great idea!
Old 01-13-2013, 09:45 AM   #1538
Big Yapper!

You didn't realize that about the coffee? Yeah! I couldn't have artificial sweeteners and so coffee (even if allowed) would have tasted nasty to me. I went cold-turkey.

I like the idea of taking the Antabuse "PRN", too. (Medical lingo for "as needed.") It makes total sense because when the urge strikes it's usually because of a stressful situation or run of situations and those can not be predicted. Pop a pill and that will keep me from acting on the impulse for a minimum of 4 days. By then the urge should have passed on by.

I finally got a crappy nap. My eyes are burning from the lack of sleep. I need to run down to the pharmacy and grab that Rx before they close at 6 tonight. I am stopping the Melatonin. Took the last two of them last night. I'm hoping that will clear my head quite a bit.

TTYL.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:56 AM   #1539
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
I just bought my husband Melatonin to try and help him sleep. He barely sleeps! We looked info on it and it says no more than 5 mg and they are 3 mg pills. You take 2? It has some serious side effects if you take too much.
Not feeling well today. My stomach is "messed up". It hurts and its turning and just making me feel bad. I'll just take it easy today. Idk if I'm feeling this way because I take my potassium and magnesium at night. hmmmm
Have a good day!
Old 01-13-2013, 10:11 AM   #1540
Big Yapper!

I'm sorry you aren't feeling well today. You have no idea what's causing it? I hope you're not coming down with something. Please get better fast! I'll say a prayer for you right now. Done!

Yes, I was taking up to 2 tabs. It's not an obscene dosage. There are different recommended dosage info online but I am going to try and live without it from now on. It will save me money and perhaps help with the morning hang over.

I hope you have a nice day, too. Try to kick back and allow God to heal your belly for a little while.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:28 AM   #1541
Big Yapper!

Feeling much relieved after yesterday's panic attack over pending new job. Typical new job jitters muddled by past job failures. But after a good drug-induced sleep, I feel wonderful today. Actually, I went to bed early last night and woke up feeling refreshed. Problem was, it was only 11pm! Back to sleep and slept until noon. I'm fully restored now and ready to rock and roll. Will slow down, relax and do a careful job. No more mistakes.

I'm also drinking coffee again, so that alone will help.

Have a wonderful day today, ladies. Will bbl to tell all.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:31 AM   #1542
Blabbermouth!!!

Glad to hear your anxiety is better ! And a great nights sleep with am coffee ?? woohoo !
Old 01-14-2013, 11:48 AM   #1543
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Bet you needed that coffee! LOL And you got a good nights sleep! Two yayyyyys!
TTYL!
Old 01-14-2013, 05:03 PM   #1544
Big Yapper!

I just earned my first $28.50! It went well. The place is a mud-pit but it went well. There was one girl there volunteering for a while so that helped a lot. It wasn't orientation so much as it was just another day at the farm. I did learn a couple things I didn't know before, so that was good.

I may be going back tomorrow in the late afternoon as a volunteer to help out some more. I want to get the paddocks cleaned up good before the next freeze happens. Things are loosened up now and there is so much old hay and old manure piles that have been trapped by all the snow and ice. Now it's a bit overwhelming to try and get them all done in the amount of time given to do the pm shift. So, I will probably go back tomorrow as a freebie.

My locking the key inside the truck was no big deal. The truck owner simply came over and used his set of keys to open it back up. Whew! "Haste makes waste!" Don't rush. Slow the hell down and think about what you're doing. Take an extra second or two before sealing the deal. (Note to self.)

The horses hadn't really rolled today but they were just caked with wet mud below the knees. That can't be cleaned off until dry so all we did was pick out their hooves. Four of them got their night sheets put on them and the rest got tucked in by just closing the barn doors.

We spent about 20 minutes just trying to catch the three minis so we could take them back to their pen. They are so wild! Literally wild.

So day one went very well. I feel much better now and I hope I wake up at a decent hour tommorrow so I can go back and help out some more.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:17 PM   #1545
Blabbermouth!!!

so glad your day turned out good ! So nice that truck was no big deal......maybe that was just what you needed to hear.......no big deal !! Yay !
Old 01-14-2013, 06:15 PM   #1546
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Way to go Cheryl!
That's great that you're wanting to do the extra, shows you really care.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:33 PM   #1547
Big Yapper!

Did 2.5 hours of volunteering at the farm this afternoon. Got there around 12:30 and helped load bales of hay into the hay room. Then the manager had to go to work for 2 o'clock and I hung around to do some other things. I cleaned up one of the paddocks; the one that got overlooked on Monday. That one was a real "hot mess" as the manager like to describe things.

Then I took three horses for an individual walk up in the field. The ex-race horse always wants to really cut loose in the field so it seems cruel to always be holding him back. So when we got back from our walk, I put him back into the arena where he and his sweetie were. I got them running around ("lunging") without any lead ropes and they had a good time cutting loose.

They were bucking as much as they were running! It's been over a week or more than that since they were able to be lunged. So I didn't need to walk Lola since she ran around at the same time as Calvin. Then Red was walked, then his wife Daphne.

Everything went smoothly and I felt like I did a lot to help the girl who was coming in just a half hour or less from the time I left. I wrote her a detailed note on what I had done so she knew what was left to do.

Now it's 12:30 am and I need to go to sleep. I came home from the farm, took the dog to the nearby Fish and Game to let her run, stopped at the store for a couple of things, filled both bird feeders and have been chilling out ever since. Now I need to turn the lights out inside my head and catch some zz's.

Zz's to you as well! TTYT, ladies. Stay safe tonight.

Last edited by CherylB; 01-15-2013 at 09:35 PM..
Old 01-15-2013, 11:40 PM   #1548
Blabbermouth!!!

same here, busy busy busy, ......then I drive home and I'm not sleepy but I know I need to sleep ! Good Luck with that ! I have my 2nd wind, and i want to read what all of you did today :;;
Old 01-16-2013, 10:42 AM   #1549
Big Yapper!

LCF can be a form of addiction, don't you agree? When the site goes down for a while for servicing, it's as if the power goes out. I don't know what to do with myself! Thankfully that rarely happens.

We got about 4-5" of very heavy snow that has just the slightest crust on top. Just cleared all my walkways and my car, and shovelled a wide area behind the car as well as to the right of it, where the plow will be doing the rest of the work. I hope it's the usual guys that are going to do it because they do an excellent job of getting all the snow that is between the back of my car and the road without me having to go out and move the car.

It's the kind of snow (on the up side) that coats every single barren branch of tree and bush as far as the eye can see. Pretty! On the FUNNY side, as I was walking back to the shed to put the shovel back, I was walking down this little hill and my left foot just kept going even though I tried to stop the slide. I ended up with my left leg folded in half, my left foot behind my @$$, (which was on the ground) and somehow I managed to get back up and walk away. I think that's going to hurt later on. My muscles haven't stretched like that in eons. Muscle fiber had to have been torn in that maneuver.

Just going to be hanging out at home for the remainder of the day. Hopefully I can do that. Sometimes life has other plans, though. (Knock on wood.) Have a great day, ladies!
Old 01-16-2013, 10:45 AM   #1550
Big Yapper!

I just looked over at the neighbor's driveway and she's already been plowed. I guess that means that we aren't going to be? Fudge. Going back out to finish what I started.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:13 AM   #1551
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You got alot of snow! We had ice! I thought we were going to lose the electric around 11 last night, but it just flickered. I grabbed the candles anyways.
As you know, I was taking hhcg again. Wellll.....have to stop it. My BP went so low and I was really sick. Dr told me my body doesn't like it. So what to do! I think I'll try JUDDDing again. I have to try something! I have to lose this weight!
The horses are lucky to have you around! I'm so happy for you!
Old 01-16-2013, 11:50 AM   #1552
Big Yapper!

i'm so sorry, tammy. how disappointed you must be. you did really well with juddd last time, so maybe this is all for the best. you'll do amazing with juddd! tell me what your typical up and down day would be like.

can you post that new pic that's in your siggy so i can see it bigger? like an attachment? is it a recent one? it looks really nice!

awww! thanks for saying that about the horses. i'm lucky too but prefer to say i'm blessed. God continually amazes me.

i'm glad you didn't lose your power. Did you get the kind of ice that makes power lines and trees sag? That's scary stuff! We are still getting a kind of "misty ice" coming down. Very fine and hard to describe.

I shovelled a path from the side entry to the shed so now I can be safe when walking in all directions! My left leg collapsed when I stepped down off the porch into the snow so I know I did some damage by that slide. I'm going to have to take baby steps for the next day or two until I see how my leg is going to respond.

Have a nice day, ladies.

Last edited by CherylB; 01-16-2013 at 12:18 PM..
Old 01-16-2013, 08:09 PM   #1553
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The pic in my siggy was right before xmas in front of the tree. Remember I do this on my phone. Its not a smartphone either! LOL So, I can't make it bigger. Sorryyyy.
Take care of that leg! Sounds like you have a pinched nerve since it's giving out on you. Idk.....
Yeah the ice was pretty thick on the tree limbs. My husband said the roads were ok though. He left at 5 a.m. to go to work.
I see you aren't dieting, but concentrating on a more healthier you! Good for you! I know alot of times when ppl eat healthier, they lose weight. I'm trying to eat more veggies and fruit. I love sweets and chips and its hard for me to stay away from them. Its always a struggle.
Oh, an UD would be about 1800 calories. Eating meals and trying not to snack on junk! A DD is eating as little as possible. No more than 500 calories. I'm going to make vegetable soup and have that on DD's.
Well, ttys! Good night.

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

"He who the Son sets free is free indeed"

Tammy
Old 01-16-2013, 08:36 PM   #1554
Big Yapper!

Oh, yeah. I forgot you don't have a computer yet. I thought you were going to get internet connection again. Still working on that? Hope so! Want to see BIG pictures. Yeah, I made my siggy declarations less than an hour ago. I have been "dieting" for 3 years and 3 months and I'm only about 30 lbs less than I was when I began. Something's not working for me. I feel like the "better" I am, the worse I am when I go off the dieting spectrum. It only keeps me where I'm at between the fluctuations and that's just madness. I'm sick of all the games I'm playing with myself. Time to just admit that I'm going to live life, work hard and see what my body wants to look like as a result of living that life.

I got invited to go with my sister and my Mother to see La Miserabe (sp?) at the movies tomorrow so I decided to go. I'm going to go a few hours earlier and try to get my oil change done beforehand. I have a coupon for the Valvoline place that is associated with Sears and that's right there at the Mall where the theater is. She got a bunch of movie tickets for a Christmas gift so I and my Mother are happy recipients.

I know you're going to do great on JUDDD and you'll be losing weight like gangbusters while I'm happily lollygagging along. There's beauty in each approach and I hope we both find the beauty in our own. I just don't see how I stand to gain anything by weakening my body when I'm requiring so much of it now that I have a job and a reputation to uphold. You know? I need my job and it took a year of "auditioning" to get the chance. I can't afford to fail at this. I want to do this work for the rest of my life.

It's so wonderful to know what I want! So much of my life I really couldn't tell you what I truly wanted. I was always looking for love. I molded myself into whatever the man in my life wanted of me. Whatever was his interest was MY interest. I never learned who I was and that is just a recipe for unhappiness. That is why I'm so happy to just be alone. It's the first time I could hear my own voice through all the noise going on around me. I know what I want! I know what makes me happy. Glory be to God! There really IS wisdom and growth as we age. Something to look forward to in our "golden years."

Looks like things are going to be very cold for a while now, Tammy. A high only in the 20's on Friday, which is my second orientation day. I can hardly believe I'm going to be on my own next Wednesday! She offered to give me more orientation days if I wanted them but I really don't think I'll need them. There are only a few things I'm unclear about and if I address them on Friday and next Monday morning, I'll have those things answered and I'll be ready to take over the driver's seat. Woohoooooo!

Got to settle down. Writing about all this at 11:30 pm is not conducive to sleep. I am just so happy! No wonder I need Restoril and Benadryl. Night, ladies. Kisses and hugs.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:43 PM   #1555
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sounds like good things happening in your life. Very wise stuff!

On Dr Oz the other day, he showed some colored glasses that keep the blue rays from stimulating the senses. Says using computers & tv's is bad before bed, so this supposedly stops that stimulation from happening. Might be worth looking into.

Hope you have a good rest y'all!
Old 01-16-2013, 08:47 PM   #1556
Big Yapper!

Huh! Interesting, Debby. If that's true, I'm pretty much screwed. I'm on the computer basically all the time because I've got the laptop set up on a tv table that is beside my bed. I'm on it while I'm in the bed. Even when I stop typing and surfing, I go to Netflix and start streaming. The computer is running almost 24 hours a day.

Maybe a power outage could be the best thing that ever happened to me! I'd actually have to read a book or something.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:25 AM   #1557
Big Yapper!

Checking in here after being absent for a few days on my journal. Saw the movie (Le Miserables) and it was pretty good. Some parts of it were stunning. Anne Hathaway was great, and so was Hugh Jackman. Russell Crowe was also in it, which I did not expect. I love his acting and he is drool-worthy but his singing doesn't move me.

It's only about 21 degrees today and very sunny, so when the sun sets, there will be a rapid drop in the temperatures. That means that the horses and goats will all be wearing their sheets tonight; even the ones in the barn. All water buckets will be plugged in, etc. That means there won't be a lot of time to clean up scattered areas of hay in the paddocks. It will be strictly a manure maneuver, and then on to the other tasks at hand.

I wonder if the doors to the duplexes will get closed tonight. That is something that rarely ever happens, so I guess we'll only be closing them part way. I think they only close them up tight if there is a storm along with the cold temps.

I weighed myself today and it's not thrilling. I recorded it on the bathroom mirror with a dry erase marker. I used to do that a few years back so I thought it might be good to go back to that. Then I mark the newest weight below the one before it, and on down the mirror I go. At least, that's what I'm hoping to do.

My Mom is treating me and my sister and her husband (sister who did the movie for us yesterday) to a pizza on Sunday. They chose the pizza place just down the street from me so that's very convenient. They are driving from about 50 minutes away, so that shows how much they like their pizza. I will be eating it and enjoying it right along with the rest of them. I'm sure they'll order an Antipasto, too. Mom loves those.

Then Monday morning I'll do my one and only morning orientation at the farm. Not thrilled about that but it has to be included in my training. Sometimes they are going to need me to pinch hit and I need to know the morning routine. I think mornings are more hours than the afternoon shift. There's much more to do at that time of day.

The girl who does the mornings is going to school to become a Vet Tech, so chances are that she'll be leaving her position at some point. I need to learn to love mornings.

It's almost 2:30 and I'll be getting ready to leave soon so I'm going to take my hands off this keyboard and wrap them around my coffee cup so I can drink it more quickly. BBL! Wish me luck (and warmth.)
Old 01-18-2013, 11:49 AM   #1558
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 144/142.7/130
WOE: IE/M&E
Hi Cheryl,
My Dad emailed me this and I thought it too lovely not to share:

As I've aged, I've become kinder to myself and less critical of myself. I've become my own friend.

I have seen too many dear friends leave this world too soon; before they understood the great freedom that comes with aging.

Whose business is it, if I choose to read, or play, on the computer, until 4 AM, or sleep until noon? I will dance with myself to those wonderful tunes of the 50, 60 &70's, and if I, at the same time, wish to weep over a lost love, I will.

I will walk the beach in a swim suit that is stretched over a bulging body, and will dive into the waves, with abandon, if I choose to, despite the pitying glances from the jet set.
They, too, will get old.

I know I am sometimes forgetful. But there again, some of life is just as well forgotten. And, I eventually remember the important things.

Sure, over the years, my heart has been broken. How can your heart not break, when you lose a loved one, or when a child suffers, or even when somebody's beloved pet gets hit by a car? But, broken hearts are what give us strength, and understanding, and compassion. A heart never broken, is pristine, and sterile, and will never know the joy of being imperfect.

I am so blessed to have lived long enough to have my hair turn gray, and to have my youthful laughs be forever etched into deep grooves on my face. So many have never laughed, and so many have died before their hair could turn silver.

As you get older, it is easier to be positive. You care less about what other people think. I don't question myself anymore. I've even earned the right to be wrong.

So, to answer your question, I like being old. It has set me free. I like the person I have become. I am not going to live forever, but while I am still here, I will not waste time lamenting what could have been, or worrying about what will be. And I shall eat dessert every single day (if I feel like it).

MAY OUR FRIENDSHIP NEVER COME APART, ESPECIALLY WHEN IT'S STRAIGHT FROM THE HEART!
Old 01-18-2013, 11:59 AM   #1559
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Today is my 1st DD! So far, so good. Working on getting Chlobug potty trained. She does good sitting on her singing potty! LOL It sings when she pees in it! Amazing what they come up with now. She is good to sit for about 15 mins at a time. I think she always pees on the way to the potty! She'll catch on. Right now just trying to "catch" her when she has to go. Trying to time when she goes after drinking. Its been a loooong time since I've done this.
I'm beside myself right now. My cousin, who I grew up next door to, passed away thru the night and NOONE in my family called me. I found out bc my brother told my dd's bf at work. I don't know which to be, mad or sad! I tried to call my parents and noone answered. I imagine they are at a family members house. I am so mad.
Well, I certainly hope ur day is going better than mine. I could eat a whole damn pizza right now!
Old 01-18-2013, 04:36 PM   #1560
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriMM View Post
Hi Cheryl,
My Dad emailed me this and I thought it too lovely not to share:

As I've aged, I've become kinder to myself and less critical of myself. I've become my own friend.

I have seen too many dear friends leave this world too soon; before they understood the great freedom that comes with aging.

Whose business is it, if I choose to read, or play, on the computer, until 4 AM, or sleep until noon? I will dance with myself to those wonderful tunes of the 50, 60 &70's, and if I, at the same time, wish to weep over a lost love, I will.

I will walk the beach in a swim suit that is stretched over a bulging body, and will dive into the waves, with abandon, if I choose to, despite the pitying glances from the jet set.
They, too, will get old.

I know I am sometimes forgetful. But there again, some of life is just as well forgotten. And, I eventually remember the important things.

Sure, over the years, my heart has been broken. How can your heart not break, when you lose a loved one, or when a child suffers, or even when somebody's beloved pet gets hit by a car? But, broken hearts are what give us strength, and understanding, and compassion. A heart never broken, is pristine, and sterile, and will never know the joy of being imperfect.

I am so blessed to have lived long enough to have my hair turn gray, and to have my youthful laughs be forever etched into deep grooves on my face. So many have never laughed, and so many have died before their hair could turn silver.

As you get older, it is easier to be positive. You care less about what other people think. I don't question myself anymore. I've even earned the right to be wrong.

So, to answer your question, I like being old. It has set me free. I like the person I have become. I am not going to live forever, but while I am still here, I will not waste time lamenting what could have been, or worrying about what will be. And I shall eat dessert every single day (if I feel like it).

MAY OUR FRIENDSHIP NEVER COME APART, ESPECIALLY WHEN IT'S STRAIGHT FROM THE HEART!
RIGHT ON!!!

I COULDN'T AGREE MORE! Thank you for blessing me with that email, Terri. I really appreciate that you took the time to post it here. I love that.
Closed Thread