Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2013, 08:31 PM   #1501
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
I use to watch Biggest Loser but stopped when Jillian left. Now I don't even want to see it.
Good luck tomorrow! I'm sure you'll do great!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2013, 08:34 PM   #1502
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/bouncing again/127 5'2"
WOE: moderation
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011~ Moderation 3/15/14
Hope you have a blast tomorrow at your new JOB !! Yippee !!
Old 01-07-2013, 08:51 AM   #1503
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Well, Jillian's back, with a vengeance! She was brutal last night. One woman actually took the option to walk out the door. Maybe you'll want to come back and watch it again. It's on again tonight.

Thanks for all the well-wishes for later today. I have to finish the job ap and it drives me crazy when I have to list past jobs and then explain gaps in employment. But I will and I'll hand it over this afternoon.

I'm down 0.6 more today. I'm moving right along!

Must go now but I'll report back tonight.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:02 PM   #1504
Big Yapper!

Did my farm day today. I goofed in my head and thought it was my first paid orientation day but it was just a regular day for me. Senior-moment City! So much for clarity of thought while juicing!

Speaking of juicing, I was so tired while walking the three mini's up through the fields this afternoon. At one point, Domenic the Donkey was walking ME! He was literally in front of me and his lead rope was taut and he was doing most of the work going up that hill. The rest of the time he wasn't pulling at all so maybe that was God intervening.

There were three of us today so it was not too bad. It really sucks cleaning paddocks of manure when there is crusty, frozen snow on the ground. I know. I carped about the mud and I'm still not happy. But NO BUGS in winter. BIG advantage for us all.

I put some of the horses' sheets on while they were still loose in their paddocks. It was a test to see if they'd respect me or goof around. I did three of them that way and then didn't bother trying with the fourth. He tends to want to roam. It was good to see they would listen to me when what they really wanted to do was chase each other around. (The geldings do that to their mare counterparts. No idea why they are so pushy. Just a guy thing I guess.)

I'm tired and need to stop typing. Been getting caught up on several other threads before this one and I'm beat. Will be back tomorrow. God bless each of you tonight. Happy dreams!

PS: I forgot to mention that I decided after mulling it over a long while and eating a handful of almonds that I needed a good protein meal. I ate two scrambled eggs with a dash of half and half and some tabasco, salt, pepper and butter. It was good but I thought it was going to blow my mind after 5 days of primarily juicing. I think I'm going to eat a small protein meal at least every other day. I can't keep my strength up this way. I am not getting the energy boost that was promised. Not ditching the whole idea, just modifying it some.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:39 PM   #1505
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi! I remember you complaining about the bugs! But no matter what season it is theres something to complain about. For me its either too hot or too cold! LOL
Well, Chloe's dad came today for a visit. Interesting, to say the least. She cried at first. She thought he was going to take her. But it took only about 20 mins til she was playing. He said shes really different at his house. I guess shes really quiet there and kinda withdrawn. So its good for him to visit her here until shes ready to go. She was hugging and kissing him and talking away! He couldn't believe some of the things she was saying and doing. It was a good visit and hes coming back Saturday again.
It's late and I have Chloe at 7, so better get to sleep. Good night.

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

"He who the Son sets free is free indeed"

Tammy
Old 01-07-2013, 09:33 PM   #1506
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
I think its pretty important to keep your protein level up...
But I do admit that I don't know anything about the juice diet.
Hope all of its detoxing effects are working wonders in your body.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:56 AM   #1507
Big Yapper!

That's wonderful, Tammy! That will help him to see what she might be feeling when she's away from her home. I'm glad she was hugging and kissing him. That would be a good sign that whatever is causing her concern might not be him so much as where he takes her.

Yes; there's always something to carp about with the weather in all four seasons, though my favorites are Spring and Fall. I can't take humid summers when the temps get into the 90's and above. I try and stay in air conditioned cars or houses or seek out water to cool off in. This summer will be the best summer I've had in .... just too far back to bother counting the years. That is all behind me now. Onward!

I agree, Debby. When you get that new internet service, try to watch that movie on Netflix or Hulu. You don't need it for weight loss but juicing is a great way to infuse your body with rapidly-absorbed micronutrients which strengthen your immune system, among other things. I'm hoping that in addition to weight loss and improved health, I'll be protected against this seasons flu. I hear it's affecting people all over the globe.

I am down 8.2 lbs in my first 5 days of the juice cleanse! And I have not done it the way it is technically supposed to be done. There is no eating (or should I say "chewing") during this time period, but I have had a fruit and some almonds each evening. Last night was my first warm, non-plant-based food and it was needed, I'm assuming. Today I woke up to a 1.2 lb loss. I'm 197 now and I'm very happy with my progress.

Not feeling clarity in my head or energized but I'm hoping that happens soon. That would be fantastic!

I'm thinking of drinking two juices a day and eating one small protein meal with a small amount of fat (like last night) for the third meal. The eggs I have right now aren't the "free range", organic type but there is a place a few blocks from me that sells eggs from their chickens.

OMG! I just had a flashback of a dream I had last night. I was walking along and there was a row of eggs in some guys front yard where his hens roosted. By the street, mind you. They were huge and I start swiping some and broke one in the nest. OMG. Why do I dream things like that? Just because I ate eggs for dinner?

More good news! I prayed and then ventured into the dark, deep recesses of the computer and found the area that allows for adjustment of the touchpad. It was under "pointers" in the Mouse category. Somehow or another, the little box that says, "Enable tapping" was unchecked! I did not do that so it must have been a glitch. Now I don't have to worry about sending this thing back or contacting the seller on Amazon.

Going to stay home and rest today. Read up on some more horse care books and maybe fill out the rest of the new paperwork I was given yesterday at the farm.

Thank you, Lord! You have given me so much to be thankful for and I hope that I can be a good servant to you as I go through life. AMEN!
Old 01-08-2013, 10:25 AM   #1508
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I can't wait to join ya back in ONEderland again! I'll be there again soon. Started my pellets again and probably just doing a 1 day load. I've been loading for a couple months anyways! LOL
Chloe's dad couldn't believe all the things she was doing and saying here. So he saw she isn't comfortable at his house.
Chloe is very sleepy and cranky today due to lack of sleep last night. My dd is trying to get her to sleep in her own bed. Last night she was up and down a couple times. She has slept in her bed all night though.
I hate Tuesdays because Chloe comes in my room at 7 since my dd has to be at work at 8. I was up til 2 last night watching tv. I couldn't fall asleep. I even turned off the tv.
Well, bbl. I'm too tired to type!
Old 01-08-2013, 12:48 PM   #1509
Big Yapper!

Rough night and day for you! I'm glad Chloe is learning to enjoy her bed. WTG on transitioning her. You'll be back in onederland very soon. Oh! Boy do I miss those loading days. SNARF!

It's strange though. Since I started learning more about a vegan-esque lifestyle, I've started thinking differently about what we call "food." And I've learned that there are around 40 different code names for MSG and it is in nearly everything that is processed. I don't do well with MSG and neither (apparently) do mice! That's how they make 'em fat in the laboratory. Just MSG.

I'll never look at processed "food" the same again. At least I'm going to try not to forget what I've learned. No wonder our bodies are so unprepared for the demands we put on them!

I hope you're having a nice nap. I'm playing Angry Birds on the computer and getting frustrated. Sometimes I'd like a cheat sheet! "Get me through this dog-gone level!!!"
Old 01-08-2013, 04:44 PM   #1510
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
I agree, Debby. When you get that new internet service, try to watch that movie on Netflix or Hulu. You don't need it for weight loss but juicing is a great way to infuse your body with rapidly-absorbed micronutrients which strengthen your immune system, among other things. I'm hoping that in addition to weight loss and improved health, I'll be protected against this seasons flu. I hear it's affecting people all over the globe.

I am down 8.2 lbs in my first 5 days of the juice cleanse! And I have not done it the way it is technically supposed to be done. There is no eating (or should I say "chewing") during this time period, but I have had a fruit and some almonds each evening. Last night was my first warm, non-plant-based food and it was needed, I'm assuming. Today I woke up to a 1.2 lb loss. I'm 197 now and I'm very happy with my progress.

Not feeling clarity in my head or energized but I'm hoping that happens soon. That would be fantastic!

I'm thinking of drinking two juices a day and eating one small protein meal with a small amount of fat (like last night) for the third meal. The eggs I have right now aren't the "free range", organic type but there is a place a few blocks from me that sells eggs from their chickens.

OMG! I just had a flashback of a dream I had last night. I was walking along and there was a row of eggs in some guys front yard where his hens roosted. By the street, mind you. They were huge and I start swiping some and broke one in the nest. OMG. Why do I dream things like that? Just because I ate eggs for dinner?

More good news! I prayed and then ventured into the dark, deep recesses of the computer and found the area that allows for adjustment of the touchpad. It was under "pointers" in the Mouse category. Somehow or another, the little box that says, "Enable tapping" was unchecked! I did not do that so it must have been a glitch. Now I don't have to worry about sending this thing back or contacting the seller on Amazon.

Going to stay home and rest today. Read up on some more horse care books and maybe fill out the rest of the new paperwork I was given yesterday at the farm.

Thank you, Lord! You have given me so much to be thankful for and I hope that I can be a good servant to you as I go through life. AMEN!
More weight loss! Good for you! I'm glad you're learning so much too.

Hope you start feeling energized soon though. Kind of a bummer having foggy brain.

I won't be able to watch a movie with my new server either. Still paying for each GB. Not until they re-string the telephone lines out to the "country" which will probably never happen, though they said it would be done by like 8 years ago My new server will be Bell, and it will go through a cell connection. It will be faster though!

But if you find something to "read" on it, I'd be interested.

I'm going to my neighbor's for dinner tonight. Have no idea what she's serving... kind of scary, but I'm just going to go with the flow & only avoid foods that are killers to me.

Have a good rest!
Old 01-08-2013, 07:55 PM   #1511
Big Yapper!

Wow, Debby. You really are out there in the sticks! Pretty sticks, though. I hope you have a good dinner party. Relax and enjoy. I'm heading to bed now. If I find anything in print or online for you to read about that documentary, I'll send you a PM. Won't be for a while though and you may have to remind me! Feel like I have so much going on right now.

Sleep tight and stay warm. Hug Shelby for me.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:02 PM   #1512
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Wow, Debby. You really are out there in the sticks! Pretty sticks, though. I hope you have a good dinner party. Relax and enjoy. I'm heading to bed now. If I find anything in print or online for you to read about that documentary, I'll send you a PM. Won't be for a while though and you may have to remind me! Feel like I have so much going on right now.
Sleep tight and stay warm. Hug Shelby for me.
Yep We do. & love it.
So, I enjoyed working out inside this afternoon, before dinner.
The dinner went really well. She invited 2 other neighbors that I don't know too well, so that was nice to get to know them a bit. One lost his wife last year (I didn't know that) he's 90 yrs. old. The other is a German & his wife & kids took a 2 week trip to Germany.So she had all of us "left-behinds" over for dinner. She actually served stuff I could eat! I was prepared to go off my diet to be polite, but didn't have to, she had such a variety. But of course I skipped dessert.
Unfortunately... her husband was sneezing & coughing & blowing his nose the whole time. Came home & loaded up on my cold-fighter vitamins.
Shelby & Coogey had a blast playing. I got Shelby to run to the driveway out & back... she's dead to the world now! Totally worn out.

I also got to talk with DH. He's looking forward to coming home. Wandering around by himself in a tourist town by himself, no fun to swim alone. So now all he wants to do is come home.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:44 AM   #1513
Big Yapper!

Cool that you met some of your other neighbors but boo-hiss about the infected one! I hope they weren't blowing their nose at the table. Then they pass you the salt! Glad you had a good variety of food to eat, too. Do you use that hand cleanser that is alcohol-based? That is what I rely on to keep me safe more than anything else. I keep some in the car and use it after every shopping trip, gas fill-up, etc.

Hubby misses you! I know how he feels. I used to have a great hot tub and it was lovely and relaxing but being out there alone was only enjoyable for about 10 minutes or so. I'd take in the stars and totally let the heat and jets get all over my body, but then I was ready to get out.

Ladies, I am down another full pound today! I didn't feel the need for solid food yesterday so I didn't eat anything but the juices. This is day 7 so in 6 days of juicing, I've lost 9.2 lbs!

I went diving again last night but the trash truck must have come either Monday or Tuesday cause it was pretty empty and it was impossible to reach most of the stuff. I had onions already so I didn't struggle to get the bags of those but I got some blueberries and 2 dozen eggs. They each only had one broken egg in them but that might have happened when they get tossed. I think it was the date on the carton that caused them to be discarded. It was not worth the trip but I learned from it and I'm happy to have the eggs. Most of the berries were bad and went right back in my trash at home. The blueberries were good and I got 3 containers of those.

I have a funny story to tell about the dive. There was an organic pizza in the box in the dumpster, too. Goat cheese, spinach, stone-baked, etc. I just couldn't get it out of there. I'm better off, though. I doubt I could have waited a few weeks to enjoy that. I do definitely need to buy one of those grabbers for the elderly. I just don't want to bring a step stool and climb inside. Nasty!

I'll definitely eat a solid meal later today, after my two juices (each juice gives me 1.5 glasses of juice). When life gives you eggs, eat 'em!

Gonna get going for now. BBL! Have a lovely day, everyone.

Last edited by CherylB; 01-09-2013 at 08:49 AM..
Old 01-09-2013, 03:11 PM   #1514
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah, I think he must of just been catching it himself. The thing that worries me most is the elderly man was sitting right next to him. He sneezed at the table a couple times. I started feeling "vertigo" coming on when I was going to bed, so started all my super-vit's... & took a sinus-cold tablet this morning.

Yep, I feel bad for dh that he's not enjoying himself. But I did try to dissuade him from going. So, live & learn, I guess.

Great for you! Down another lb.! How's the brain feeling? Any clearer?

Sorry your diving didn't produce much... maybe next time.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:10 PM   #1515
Big Yapper!

Oh no! (Sneezing on the table.) He probably couldn't help it, but still. Hard to enjoy your meal when you could be ushering a cold virus into your body with every bite.

Oh no about the vertigo, too. I hope that didn't happen again. I felt vertigo at the kitchen sink Monday evening after the farm, while I was preparing my veggies for juicing. Actually, I think it happened when I bent over to look for something in the kitchen tool drawer. It startled me.

Had my two green juices for 1st and 2nd meal and then made a 3-egg scramble with tabasco, half and half, salt, pepper and cooked up with butter in the pan. I cooked it slower and on a cooler setting than the other night and it came out more like I like it. We'll see if I can continue to lose by juicing 2/3rds of the day and eating a clean dinner. I'll do anything to get a good jump-start on losing all these dreadful pounds.

I took a multivitamin with the eggs, just in case my juicing isn't completely covering all I need. That would boggle the mind, but you never know. A little insurance never hurt.

Off to sleep now. I'm going to cut back on both the Melatonin and the Benadryl tonight to see if my head feels less muttled tomorrow. I want to feel the high I should be feeling right about now! Come on, legal high! I'm over here!

Nite, girls. Hugs all around.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:20 PM   #1516
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ah yes... that's what happened to me too, bent over for something... vertigo. Then sleeping, I can't lay on my back or its totally awful. I started feeling better a couple hours after I started work. Whew! I really need my brain cells right now... trying to double & triple check that I've entered everything right & both programs line up with each other.

Yes, that's a good idea to pull back on Melatonin and the Benadryl. They'd definitely contribute to fogginess! Hope you sleep well though. Dr Oz was talking about Passion flower powder, said it has no side-effects & is not habit forming. Supposed to help with sleep & anxiety. I was going to try to buy some, as sometimes I get too wound up to sleep.

Good night!
Old 01-09-2013, 11:52 PM   #1517
Blabbermouth!!!

hey ladies ! Sounds like you both had good days. Just had my hot shower after work and I'm headed to bed. Hope you have snow and wonderful times playing in it ~~ I'll live vicariously through you both. !!
Old 01-10-2013, 12:24 PM   #1518
Big Yapper!

No snow here, Laura! We're in a warming trend and snow is melting. That means the next time we get more, it won't be stacked up on top of the old snow. In fact, the next two precipitation forecasts we have are of rain.

I was just wide awake at bed time. I did all the usual things that get me sleepy and got into my favorite sleeping position and my eyes just kept popping open. Then I looked around for my incense and the little wooden tray they stick into and couldn't find either (haven't used since I moved here.) Gave up and thought of using a scented candle so I brought that into the bedroom but didn't light it. Didn't want it to burn all night (it's in a glass jar but still, it smokes as it burns.) So I just put the candle in the bed with me, close to the pillow so I could smell it's wax. (Fresh Melon Slice.)

I did cut down on the Melatonin and Benadryl so that might have been the problem. Ultimately, I ended up taking a second Restoril. Why do I bother?

Debby, what sort of work do you do? That's bad when you're foggy and have to get very detailed stuff done and get it right! Causes a lot of stress and takes twice as long as it would have if you had been clear. (You were talking about vertigo, so I guess what I just said didn't apply. Oh well! Make it fit your situation!)

Still foggy today. Just went and made my first juice of the day at 2:30 pm. Sounds late but I only got out of bed at noon. I am SO TIRED of the ritual of juicing. If I had someone to make the dog-gone juice for me, I'd drink it all day long. This time I tried to make two meals worth but it didn't quite give me as much juice as I expected. I'm out of apples (and cucumbers) and those two things are what provide the vast majority of the juice volume. I did made one batch for later and then drank the second batch, so now I can at least not juice another time today.

I just feel so *blah* at times. When I was getting the juicer ready and then all during juicing and clean up, I just feel depleted. This is not at all how the documentary says you'll feel doing this. It's day 8!

I am down another 0.6 so that puts me at 9.8 lbs lost in 7 days of juicing, and that is wonderful! For that reason alone, I want to keep doing this. I will go diving tonight and see what I can find. My supplies are very low. (I'm out of lemons and limes, too.)

I have to tell you what happened to me when I woke up and was going through my email. There was one from the lady who founded the therapeutic riding center where I work (I love the sound of that) and she's also an instructor there. It said she was on a short trip to the Philippines and got robbed at the park outside their hotel. They took everything they had (money, credit cards, cell phones, jewelry, etc) and all they had left were their passports. They said their return flight was leaving in a few hours but the hotel won't let them leave until their bill is paid.

I got freaked out and panicked and started calling people and not reaching anyone. Finally the third person I called said, "Yeah, I got a strange email from Janis but she's not in the Philippines and she didn't get robbed." OMG! It was a very slick hacker that spoke English as their first language (you can sometimes see them right off the bat because of the way they write). I even wrote back to "Janis" and said "I want to help and I can send $100 but how do I do that?"

What a way to start your day! I feel like such a hysterical, gullible person. I can't get used to living in a world of deceit and deception! Get us out of here, Lord! Please don't tarry any longer! We want to be with you and live in a world of love and truth.

So I'm sure that will be something I never live down at the riding center. It's funny but not if you were me!!! I so wanted to help her. They even started the email with, "I'm writing this with tears in my eyes." Can you believe that? And then signed it with her name at the bottom.

It brings to mind what Ronald Reagan used to say: Trust but Verify. I should have found out if Janis really was on a trip. But I couldn't reach anyone and I was getting more and more frantic.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:28 PM   #1519
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh Cheryl I'm so sorry that happened to you.
It truly is so annoying that the spammers are getting so clever. Don't feel bad about it. Just shows you have a compassionate heart. The Lord sees & will reward you for it.

Congrats on more weight loss! I think you've done a marvelous "cleanse" with this. Wonder if you could switch to low carb/high protein now? You've cleaned out the sugar & junk out of your diet, it would be quite simple to go to a more balanced way of eating. Of course, if you really like this juicing, maybe you should just add more protein so you get a proper amount? I'd be concerned that your body will be robbing your muscles to provide the protein that its using.

I'm the church secretary/treasurer. Year-end & charitable receipts... on top of the usual stuff. I did make quite a bit of head-way the last 2 days. Ready to print off the receipts (if the new program cooperates).

I'm feeling pretty good. Just a little bit of vertigo when I bend over.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:11 PM   #1520
Big Yapper!

I hear ya. I actually have been feeling rather listless or drained and so I decided to do a "refeed" as when I used to do HCG. I rewarded myself for 10 lbs lost in 1 week and I ordered a medium pepperoni pizza for delivery. It was so good but it never tastes as good warmed up so I'm dumping the last two pieces in the trash.

Tomorrow, more juicing. I didn't dive tonight. Too busy eating pizza! I did drink both of my juices for the day, so I feel good about that.

I am planning to continue juicing at least once a day but I agree with you, Debby. I need to start eating more of my calories. I have two delicious recipes that I got from my niece over the holidays. Both incredibly healthy and delicious. I am eager to give those a try. And I have other things in the freezer that I really should use up before they get too old, like so much of my freezer food ends up going.

I think the one thing that this juice cleanse has done for me is it's taken the obsession out of food. It's just for meeting the needs of my body. I think I might buy a brand new one of the same juicer I bought used. This one is already showing signs of fatigue. Sometimes it sounds like a jet taking off and that's not cool. I always clean it well right after juicing, I'm careful when assembling it, and all that jazz. I think it's just seen more use than maybe the lady who sold it to me let on. Or I just haven't been using it right. ?

I paid some bills today and redid my budget. I know what I have to spend in January and how each month thereafter will be budgeted (barring difficulties) now that I'll have two incomes. I only figured the bare minimum of income from the farm cause I can't depend on extra hours. But they likely will pop up once or twice a month.

I also got some things straightened out (again) with Allstate. The 5th fell on Saturday so the payment was withdrawn on the 8th. I was told it would be a double payment and it was single. So I had to call and find out what was going on. Some how auto debits are supposed to be less trouble than this.

I think my taking a vitamin around 8 pm after my eggs last night might have been the reason for my extra trouble getting sleepy so I skipped the vito tonight after the pizza pie. Don't want a repeat performance.

Do you have many parishioners in your Church? I know you're "out there" so I figure there aren't a lot of people attending. That's great that you keep the books for them. I'm sorry you felt vertigo again. That's the second time in two days, isn't it? Are you taking anything different lately? Could be a reaction to a new herb or something else.

Sleep tight! Off to bed. Watching Family Feud right now with Steve Harvey. I love him.

Last edited by CherylB; 01-10-2013 at 07:16 PM..
Old 01-10-2013, 10:19 PM   #1521
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So, I don't really get the "loading" thing. Doesn't make sense to me at all, especially when you worked so hard to get the toxins out of your body... But I know that's what people do with HGC.

Yes, we have the largest church in the area. Usually 250-300 people on a Sunday morning. We have 3 pastors & myself on staff as well. I know that's probably a small church to people in big cities, but its big to me.

I think you're on to something about the vitamin taken late at night. Not a good idea. Hope you have a good sleep!
Old 01-11-2013, 01:16 AM   #1522
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lola001
Stats: 68.2/67.1/50
WOE: Atkins 72 post preggy
Start Date: begin 15 April 2009
Hi Cheryl- just catching up on your life here. Sounds like the juicing and 1 clean meal a day plan has really got you going. Poast more about the fogginess and let me know what you are doing to combat it- got a bit of it myself.

Take care and see you on the other thread.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:10 AM   #1523
Big Yapper!

My fogginess is mostly due to all the meds I take, Lola. It has to be from that. I guess it's not really "head fog" most of the time, just a morning thing I go through.

I was feeling very weak and depleted so I decided to eat something that might give me something I wasn't getting by eating the way I have been eating. Hence, my go-to favorite food: delivery pizza. I can't start my new job at the farm with less stamina than I already have.

That's quite a large church, Debby! I wouldn't have expected you to have so many people. I was thinking you'd say about 50-100. That must keep you busy, as Secretary. I'm sure they appreciate all your hard work.

Today I'll do more juice and I'm doing a cleanse of a different variety. I took some Milk of Mag this morning. I was up all night so I took it about 5 am. Even over a week of juicing, I never once had the effect in the bathroom that I was sure to happen. I think there is still food in my gut from before the cleanse. So the MOM will help to empty my gut and onward I will go.

Supposed to be rainy/sleety up until 7pm today so I'll be home, close to the bathroom.

Have a great day, everyone. Lola, I hope your fog lifts!

Last edited by CherylB; 01-11-2013 at 10:14 AM..
Old 01-11-2013, 11:08 AM   #1524
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

it's raining here, but 50*! I'll take it. Glad ur eating some "food" now. You're right about keeping your stamina up. You have to keep up with those horses! LOL
Today is vlcd1 for me. Hope I can make it through the headache and yucky feeling I get week 2.
I'm watching episodes of Rachel vs Guy. That celebrity cookoff show. Its interesting. Lou Diamond Philips is on it! This show he's going up against Coolio cooking Fried Chicken.
Have a good day! ttys!
Old 01-11-2013, 02:11 PM   #1525
Big Yapper!

Thanks great, Tammy. I hope you have great success with this round. I've never watched that show before but it sounds good. I used to love watching Emeril but he's not on Food Network anymore, apparently.

Yes. I'm concerned about entering into my new responsibility, appearing weak and incapable. And sometimes, that is just how I feel. There have been times (that I just figured were attributed to dehydration from not drinking enough) when I've gotten light-headed and short of breath and had to bend over or get down near the ground and leaning against a stall wall. No one saw me like that but if they had, they might have reconsidered their offer.

I have made another appointment with my Dr on the 30th. It was the earliest I could see him but they said to call periodically to see if there are any cancellations (just did and they don't.) I have noticed when he orders my lab work, in the diagnosis section, there are often different diagnosis. I just assumed it was to make the labs he ordered more easily covered by my insurance. But a couple of times, it has said, "Pulmonary Hypertension" in that box.

That is a very bad disease to have. I remember some things about it from being a nurse and especially the little machine that they have to rely on to dispense IV meds into their system at a slow and steady, constant rate in order to keep breathing. So I googled the symptoms and I have a lot of them.

It is confirmed with Chest x-rays, heart caths, and other stuff that I've never had, but now that I'm starting to put 2 and 2 together, I want to get to the bottom of this. When I have these symptoms, they are not normal. I have had 24-hour EKG's done and they have been "normal." They have never gotten to the source of the issues I have and I want to know once and for all.

If I have PAH, it's a terrible thing to be diagnosed with. It's progressive and very debilitating. Sometimes I feel like I never received much benefit from quiting smoking so many years ago. And even when I got my weight down to it's lowest (159 in September 2011), I didn't gain stamina for doing things that are taxing. The last time I tried to climb the hill to the Rock where we spread our Father's ashes, I had to stop before we were even half way up and give up. We turned around. It was the first time I couldn't make it to the top but the time before was very close.

If I have this disease, there are drugs they can start me on, like calcium channel blockers and diuretics. Anything that can be given to me to help me live my life to its fullest RIGHT NOW, I need to be taking. So I'm going to go to see him this time, with that focus in mind and see what tests and drugs we can start.

And I want to know WHY I have never been told I have such a disease if I have it!

So, there it is. I think I'll have him start me off with a chest x-ray and if there are any specific labs to be drawn, add those to the labs I have yet to have done. What good is having fewer lbs on my body if it doesn't bring me closer to "health"? I mean, FEELING healthy, not just knowing I'm better off with fewer pounds on my frame.

I'm tired of talking about this. I'll keep you posted.

In other news, I have not even had a rumble from the MOM I took around 0500. That means I'm going to be up all night again. So far I've eaten two tangerines which were very yummy and sweet. Not sure what else I'll be eating but I'm pretty sure I won't make a juice today. I need to stock up on bags of apples and lots of cukes.
Old 01-11-2013, 03:13 PM   #1526
Blabbermouth!!!

wow I hope you get to the bottom of that. Indeed, you need to be TREATED for it if you have it :/
Old 01-11-2013, 04:24 PM   #1527
Big Yapper!

I know it, Laura.

And you know what? Remember how I completely forgot (as if I'd never known about) the party my sister was throwing on the 28th of December? And how I slipped and thought I was started paid orientation last Monday? Guess what! ANTABUSE can cause sudden memory loss in people who have MS (I don't, thankfully), depression, high BP, and high cholesterol. I have all three of those.

So NOW what? Stop taking the Antabuse? I cut it back from 7 days a week to only 3, and still I'm having this serious side effect? OMG. I can't win with drugs and trying to get my health "unskewed."
Old 01-11-2013, 07:34 PM   #1528
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Your foggy brain could be your Thyroid also. That is one of the main symptoms that I get when its hypo. And it also causes depression, so it might not be your drug...
But besides that, you have weaned yourself off of alcohol now, as well as a lot of other bad carbs, I would think it would be just as easy with self-control to not touch it? I realize I have an aversion to all alcohol, so the simplicity I just stated may be the same as my dh telling me that I just need to "cut back" on food to lose wt.
Maybe if you try to cut back to like 1/4 of a tablet every 3 or 4 days, it will be enough to scare you away from drinking? Or maybe the Dr. would have an alternative that doesn't cause side effects?
Question: What's MOM?
I shared about my day @ my thread...
Yes, the church is large. Definitely keeps me busy... and when I am suffering from foggy brain & having to do stuff like now... (year end)....I sometimes think retiring should come sooner than later.

Last edited by DebbyL; 01-11-2013 at 07:38 PM..
Old 01-11-2013, 08:18 PM   #1529
Big Yapper!

No, it doesn't work that way. When you love to drink, you really love it. It's not only the taste but the little buzz you get. It's very pleasant and certain people like it and others don't. But when you start from a young teen learning to love the buzz, it's a life-long struggle. I love the idea of drinking but it costs a lot of money and it really does your body no good. But to just act like it doesn't exist? Not in this lifetime, I'm afraid.

The side effects are the reason we take the drug to keep us from drinking. (I'm speaking for all Antabuse takers and the like.) It is the fear and dread of the side effects which keeps us from drinking. The SIDE side effect of the memory loss is certainly not one I was going for, but I guess I can consider it a bonus. I will think about taking half, but if it is so powerful as to give me amnesia, I don't want any part of it.

Ambien used to do that to me, but it was things that occurred during the night or time right before I fell asleep that I had no memory of. To have amnesia for things that happen during the day that can affect if I show up somewhere or not on a very important day without being reminded? That's nuts. (I stopped Ambien and switched to Restoril and that never happens anymore.)

MOM is Milk of Magnesia. I wrote it out in full and then abbreviated it when I said it again. It's the medical abbreviation for it but I figured you guys would work it out.

I'm not feeling foggy anymore. I think the extreme-juicing was just not right for my body. I lost 10 lbs in 7 days but ate some pizza one day and gained back 5. That's not true weight loss because nobody gains 5 lbs in one night!

So over all these experiments, I'm testing the waters and I'm finding stuff that I like and stuff that I don't. Juicing is nice for a meal replacement once a day or maybe again as a bedtime snack to cut a craving but I can't do that for a month like I hoped I could. Nope. Need to eat healthy food and just keep far away from all the bad chemicals they put in them (and especially MSG.) That stuff seems to be everywhere.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:24 PM   #1530
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I'm not feeling foggy anymore. I think the extreme-juicing was just not right for my body. I lost 10 lbs in 7 days but ate some pizza one day and gained back 5. That's not true weight loss because nobody gains 5 lbs in one night!
Pizza would make me retain at least 5 lby of water. Nothing worse then pizza for that. That water weight should go away quickly, as long as you stay away from salty stuff.

Thanks, I looked & looked for MOM, but guess I didn't go back far enough...
Closed Thread