Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2013, 09:48 AM   #1471
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
yeah for new computer ! So excited for you and your new job !! Just curious, have you always loved and cared for horses ? I'm a dog lover myself, would love to someday open a doggie day care, but we live in such a small town it probably wouldn't be feasible.

Hope it comes soon and you have a wonderful day !

Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2013, 11:08 AM   #1472
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Wow, Laura! I did the same exact thing. I live in a small town, like you do. I tried to start a doggy daycare out of my home and I called it "Down Home Doggy Daycare." I wanted it to be where people who work long days but have a dog could drop them off in the morning and pick them back up on their way home from work. I even got a treadmill and taught my dog to walk on it, and I was going to teach each "client" to walk the treadmill, so they'd get daily exercise as well as socialization with the other dogs. I had a fenced in back yard and even a doggy door. I couldn't get it off the ground, even with advertising in the local paper and placing fliers on windshields, posting them on library bulletin boards, you name it. I posted it there. Even Craigslist but I think someone kept flagging my ad!

The only people who responded were people looking for a place to board their dogs when they needed to go away. The one thing I was not offering. One lady lived just around the corner from me and was so excited. Then she told me she had a Bull Mastiff. I was kind and gentle but I could not take a dog of that caliber. I can't take all that slobber when they shake their heads and it CERTAINLY wasn't going to fit out the dog door.

Another young couple brought their two male labs. They took turns marking over each others urine spots, and being indoors was no deterrent to that behavior. Yep. They peed in the house. They were inside for all of about 4 minutes total, too.

I got the idea of the treadmill from The Dog Whisperer on National Geographic Channel. I was heavy into Cesar Millan back in those days. Then I had to drop cable and satellite tv and had to learn to live without him.

As far as the horses go, I had a close friend that I met in 7th grade and she was horse-crazy. I went with her to Massachusetts to buy her Quarter Horse. We also had a local petting zoo (if you can believe that) that had an elephant, monkeys, and miniature horses, as well as ponies and other things. We used to babysit for their kids and we were able to actually go and ride their ponies. So ride we did! Trail riding was wonderful and we rode in all weather. We sometimes helped out at fairs with the petting zoo people.

Eventually her boyfriend bought a horse and we had two horses to ride as well as the ponies. But she and I had a falling out (over a boy. What a waste) and that was that. After that, my only horse experience was a few pay-by-the-hour trail rides stretched out over many years. The last being a year ago in November. That's when I got bitten by the bug again and started looking for ways I could scratch the itch.

I was pointed in the direction of the therapeutic riding center and I went to check into it. I loved the place and the people and loved their mission and began going through orientations and finally I got to start volunteering with the barn staff girl. That was a year ago this month!

During the warmer and hot months, I sometimes was a side-walker during therapy sessions and even got to do a few lessons acting as a leader. The side walker is focused mostly on the rider, the leader's focus is mostly on the horse. They get the horse from their paddock, take them to the barn, groom, tack and then lead the horse to the arena and wait for the rider and the instructor to come. THAT'S where my heart lies.

I also got to do a few discounted riding lessons that they offer to the volunteers but my left hip just couldn't handle it. It was the position of straddling the horse that put it out of joint or something. Each lesson got worse rather than better. It would spasm up completely and I couldn't even dismount properly. I had to lift my right leg and swing it over the horse's neck and then the instructor pulled me off onto the platform that the disabled clients use. I was humiliated, frustrated, disappointed, etc. I was crying and I couldn't believe how my body had become incapable of doing what I required of it. Maybe it was the first time I had that notion.

I have hopes that my hip and other ailments will improve as I get down to a healthy weight and through exercise and limbering type things like yoga. I am a member of a gym but I haven't gone for a few months. I plan to start going back, maybe in February. I want to see how many lbs I can lose and how good I feel before I go back to that. I want to stick with it this time.

To be honest, riding in a oval arena doesn't turn me on. I get much more satisfaction with just grooming the horses and having my hands on them. I just like relating to them. There is a sign on the refrigerator in the office kitchen that reads, "Horses are my therapy." That speaks for me.

That sums it up in a nutshell. Still waiting for UPS man. I think they come around dinner time. Hurry!!!

Last edited by CherylB; 01-04-2013 at 11:15 AM..
Old 01-04-2013, 11:22 AM   #1473
Blabbermouth!!!

what a great story ! yep, I think my doggie day care would be a struggle too..... it's a dream though.

I can't ride horses ( or ski ) due to 2 back surgeries years ago. My back WILL NOT let me do stuff like that. I wish I could !!

Hurry up computer !
Old 01-04-2013, 02:41 PM   #1474
Big Yapper!

It hurried! I got it a little while after I wrote that last post and I've been getting it set up and protected and all that jazz for several hours now. I like it a lot but it's funny. It's just a computer. As long as it works the way it should, I will be happy with it. It's when things get glitchy that I want to scream.

I have more work to do so I'm going to duck back out for a while. And I'm going to force myself to go "diving" tonight. Dumpster diving, that is. It's cold as hell and they don't even close until 8. I will bundle up and go see what I can see.
Old 01-04-2013, 02:43 PM   #1475
Blabbermouth!!!

glad you got it ....

so funny about your dog on the treadmill..... Allie is such a big scaredy cat that she growls at anything new in the house ....haha ! She freaks out so easily, she would never get on one !
Old 01-04-2013, 04:09 PM   #1476
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pendragginp
Oh Cheryl, I had to jump in here and say about your job!! YAAAAAY GO YOU!! THANK YOU GOD!!
Old 01-04-2013, 07:28 PM   #1477
Big Yapper!

Laura, how is your dog with other dogs? My dog is fine with other dogs but she doesn't get into all the playing that some dogs engage in. She loves her cousins, though (other dogs in our family.)

Plum, thank you for your joy on my behalf. It's been a long time since I really truly felt JOY and then that day I got the news, that's all I could feel. I go back tomorrow to do my usual volunteer shift but I don't understand how this is going to work. Are they gaining an employee and losing a volunteer? I'm one of the only hard-core, reliable volunteers that help with barn chores all year long. They are really hurting for volunteers. I think I will do one volunteer shift just to continue to pitch in. It's the least I can do since they gave me my hearts' desire.

I'm off to bed now. Drinking my last juice for the day. I have yet to go a full day with only juice but that's okay. I don't see any harm with eating a little fruit and some nuts. I don't like not having a source of protein. I'm sure the cleanse will still work great this way. And I'll get more fiber in my body this way, too.

The Dive wasn't as great as the first day but I did come home with lots of apples and tangerines. Some berries, three huge zucchinis, and odds and ends stuff. No meat this time but that's fine. I only have a regular sized freezer and I'm not eating meat at the moment.

After that I went to the grocery store and bought a bunch of the veggies I will need in the coming week(end). It really wasn't terrible. $30 for four plastic grocery bags stuffed with micronutrients! Stopped and filled up on gas after that and then came home. I just finished the clean up and putting all the food away. It was more of a process tonight. They threw out entire bags of apples just because there was one squished one in there. Crazy!

Sleep tight, my friends! God bless each of you with the desire of YOUR heart.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:39 PM   #1478
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
I'm down 2.5 lbs today! My head is foggy but I remember a woman in the documentary that was doing the fast/cleanse for 10 days said she felt foggy a couple days into it. I'm trusting it's all part of the detox and that the fog will lift and I'll be much clearer than I was before I began this journey.
All the juices seem to have the same general taste to them, even when you use different ingredients (ie greens and fruit.)
I need to fill out the job application so I can bring it back in on Saturday but they said Monday would be fine, too. I just would like to get it over with. Then I need to start my home study program (self-imposed) to learn more about horses so I can do the best job I can.
Computer is coming soon!!!! Come, UPS guy or gal! Hurry! I want to put this tired, old computer away again. I'm so thankful that I was still able to use it, though. It's been very glitchy but it kept me going all through December. WTG, you old thing you.
Need to get busy. BBL! Love you guys.
It hurried! I got it a little while after I wrote that last post and I've been getting it set up and protected and all that jazz for several hours now. I like it a lot but it's funny. It's just a computer. As long as it works the way it should, I will be happy with it. It's when things get glitchy that I want to scream.
I have more work to do so I'm going to duck back out for a while. And I'm going to force myself to go "diving" tonight. Dumpster diving, that is. It's cold as hell and they don't even close until 8. I will bundle up and go see what I can see.
Good job on the lbs. lost! & happy for you about the computer coming.
Hope your dumpster-shopping goes well. You should get one of those things the seniors use for reaching things... it would help you get some of the stuff!
Do you know what to put on mild frostbit skin? I have a spot on my cheek, that I kept wiping off the last few days, feels like I have glue on my face... realized its frost-bite. I'm putting udderbalm & coconut oil on it. Wondering if there's something better.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:44 PM   #1479
Big Yapper!

I just finished posting on your thread! I have no idea what to treat frostbite with. Can you google it? If you can't surf right now, I can see what I can find out for you. PM me and it will come to my cellphone. That way I will know you need me to look that up for you. (PS: I wrote more posts since the one you replied to. Be sure you don't miss the others! Think that happened once before.)
Old 01-04-2013, 07:50 PM   #1480
Big Yapper!

Here's what I found:

What Are the Treatments for Frostbite?

Most people recover completely from frostbite, though the affected area may be more susceptible in the future to discomfort from cold weather, repeat frostbite, and damage from the sun. The first goal of treatment is to re-warm the affected area.

Frostnip can be treated at home. If you think you may have frostnip, get out of the cold as soon as possible. If your clothes are wet, change into dry clothing. Immerse the affected area in warm water (100º to 105º Fahrenheit) to thaw the frozen tissue. Do not use hotter water, as this may burn your skin. If warm water is not available, use your own body heat by, for instance, tucking your hands into your armpits or covering your nose, ears or face with dry hands.

CAUTION: Do not rub the affected area because this may increase damage to the tissue. Do not use a heating pad, heat lamp, stove, fireplace, or radiator to rewarm the affected area. These methods may warm your skin unevenly or may burn your skin, particularly if it’s numb and you cannot tell how hot your skin is getting.

If the skin tingles and burns as it warms, your circulation is returning. The skin may turn red, but should not blister or swell. If the skin does not seem to warm, if it remains numb, or if it does blister or swell, seek immediate medical attention.

Frostbite requires emergency medical care. If you think you may have frostbite, get out of the cold as soon as possible. If you cannot get medical help immediately and there's no risk that the area might be re-frozen before you get help, warm the affected area as you would for frostnip.

CAUTION: If the affected area might be re-frozen before you get medical help, do not warm it; this greatly increases the risk of damage. Also, do not walk on frostbitten feet or toes, unless it's absolutely necessary.

At the hospital, frostbite is usually treated comprehensively, because its severity cannot be diagnosed in the first few days. Usually, patients need to be admitted for observation. Initially, the hospital staff will probably do the following:
Rapidly warm the affected area in water for 15 to 30 minutes
Remove blisters that contain clear or milky fluid, and cover them with a topical antibiotic, petroleum jelly, or aloe vera gel (blisters that contain blood may not be removed.)
Splint and elevate the affected area and wrap it in a loose bandages
Administer ibuprofen to limit inflammation, tetanus toxoid to prevent tetanus infection, and antibiotics to prevent or treat infection. Narcotic drugs may be needed to treat pain as the sensation to area returns

Later hospital treatment may include whirlpool therapy and physical therapy to promote circulation. Surgery, including amputation of the affected area, is sometimes necessary. Amputation is performed only if the tissues are dead. This determination is typically made between three and six weeks after the injury.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:12 PM   #1481
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I'm off to bed now. Drinking my last juice for the day. I have yet to go a full day with only juice but that's okay. I don't see any harm with eating a little fruit and some nuts. I don't like not having a source of protein. I'm sure the cleanse will still work great this way. And I'll get more fiber in my body this way, too.

The Dive wasn't as great as the first day but I did come home with lots of apples and tangerines. Some berries, three huge zucchinis, and odds and ends stuff. No meat this time but that's fine. I only have a regular sized freezer and I'm not eating meat at the moment.

After that I went to the grocery store and bought a bunch of the veggies I will need in the coming week(end). It really wasn't terrible. $30 for four plastic grocery bags stuffed with micronutrients! Stopped and filled up on gas after that and then came home. I just finished the clean up and putting all the food away. It was more of a process tonight. They threw out entire bags of apples just because there was one squished one in there. Crazy!

Sleep tight, my friends! God bless each of you with the desire of YOUR heart.
Quote:
Here's what I found:warm the affected area as you would for frostnip.
cover them with a topical antibiotic, petroleum jelly, or aloe vera gel
Thanks Cheryl,
I think it must be frostnip, because I didn't even notice it till the next day & it doesn't hurt, can't hardly see it. Too late to warm it up or go see Dr. That part about the antibiotic, petroleum jelly & aloe vera gel is just what I needed. Thanks!
Sounds like dumpster diving & shopping was satisfactory. Yum! Zucchini's!
I think fruit & protein is probably a great addition.
Good night & God bless!
Old 01-05-2013, 08:09 AM   #1482
Big Yapper!

I'm down a full 5 lbs in the first two days of juice cleansing! I know it's water but eventually the water will be flushed out and the real fat loss will take place. I'm certain of that, from what I saw in the documentary.

I'm having trouble streaming video on the new computer. I need to find a customer service number to call. Funny, but I didn't notice one on the miniscule amount of paperwork that came with it. Will go look again.

Barn today (volunteering). Sunny and not as cold but windy. Will dress warm and hope for a good day with the animules. Have a super day, ladies! BBL.
Old 01-05-2013, 09:30 AM   #1483
Blabbermouth!!!

Great job !! Have fun with the horses !
Old 01-05-2013, 09:46 AM   #1484
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

5 lbs! Yay! Does that put you in One-der-land again? I'm certain that fat washes out with that water...

My face "feels" better today. Not as tight. Going to keep up the creaming.

Hug a horse today! (I'm not getting my hugs these days)...
Old 01-05-2013, 10:17 AM   #1485
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
Hi Cheryl, Hope your day a the farm goes well. Did you find a # for customer service? I have to find a way to get internet on my laptop again. I'm tired of using my phone! And besides, with Shawn going overseas I need my computer.
Chloe didnt go with her dad today. The last few times she has thrown a fit bc she didnt want to go. Last time took the cake for sure. So I made my dd do the "hand off" before she had to go to work so she could see how upset chloe gets. My dd put chloes coat on her and as soon s her dad walked in chloe held on to my dd. So my dd took her out to the car and tried to give chloe to her dad and she kicked and held on. My dd then tried putting her into the car seat and chloe screamed. That was it!
I yelled out to him and said he could stop and see her whenever he wanted and he said he has school Mon - Thurs til 9:30 so I said he could come later and see her and he said he has things to do and will let me know! Oh well......I tried! So Chloe is hanging out with Mammaw and Pappy!
My hubby goes back to work Monday. Yayyyy! LOL He's been laid off for a month. It really hasn't been too bad though.
Congrats on the 5 lbs! WTG!!! I'm going to do hhcg again starting next week, probably Friday will be my 1st load day. I have lots to lose so I'm doing a very long round. Just need to be mentally ready for it.
Well, will ttyl !

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

"He who the Son sets free is free indeed"

Tammy

Last edited by tay65; 01-05-2013 at 10:19 AM..
Old 01-05-2013, 11:18 AM   #1486
Big Yapper!

I will indeed hug some horses. It is my very last time doing this as a volunteer. Next Monday would have been my volunteer day but it will be my first on-the-job orientation and it will be WITH PAY. I'm feeling a little agita which is normal, I guess. When I go there as a volunteer, there's no real responsibility. But when I'm the paid staffer on that afternoon, I will be responsible not only for the horses and other animals but for directing the volunteers (if we have any! Nobody seems to want to volunteer during the winter.)

Tammy, I went to Acer.com and they had a live chat option. After chatting, it was determined (or supposed) that the problem was on Netflix's end. This was after I did a test on Youtube to see if it was lagging and it wasn't (but I think it has in the past. I could be wrong about that.)

So I then contacted Netflix (they did have a number) and spoke with someone very rapidly. She says it's the internet service. I mean, I had to buy a new laptop, but I thought the video issue would be resolved with the new computer. Now I have to approach my landlady about maybe switching over to a cable tv/internet package. If not, I might have to just get cable and internet on my own.

That is the ONE real perk of living here. Other than that, water, trash pick up and plowing is all we get for our rent. I just turned the modem off for a long while, during the time I was making a juice. I need to go to Netflix again and see if it's behaving better. That's what the girl advised me to do.

I don't know if they still offer this, Tammy, but AT&T had a cheap plan for internet only. It is DSL but I don't recall having many issues with it. It goes through your phone line and it works even if you don't have a land line phone number! Pretty cool. Then you can be wireless to the modem, which they come and set up for you. Back when I had it, it cost only $14/month for the first 6 months or so, then went up to around $40. Still reasonable. So check them out soon!

Nope. If Chloe acts that violently to her father, somethings going on. Kids can't verbalize but they sure can communicate. If he's going to see her, it will need to be at your house under your supervision. At least you offered for him to come visit. The ball is in his court now.

Hubby's going back to work? Yahoooo! That's fabulous news! I hope you have amazing results with the HCG and that you find that it's easy as pie. (Oops. Shouldn't have said pie.)

Need to haul @$$ over to Netflix now and see if my modem reboot did anything. Then I need to go get ready for work. WORK! Holy Guacamole!

Last edited by CherylB; 01-05-2013 at 11:20 AM..
Old 01-05-2013, 02:48 PM   #1487
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm going to check with our cable company about internet. It's suppose to be good.
When my daughter gets home I have to go to the 3rd floor and start cleaning up my son's room! He left a huge mess for me, I don't appreciate it one bit! I have to shampoo that carpet too. He is such a slob for being in the military. When he comes home next time he just might not have a room! He can sleep in the living room! It was stressful having him home though. You have no idea. Can't go into it here.
I told my daughter what you said earlier about the "big red flag" and all. I don't know if I ever told you when Chloe comes home she is so happy and she doesn't go to sleep til late. She runs around and plays and laughs. Then when she stays over and comes home she sleeps alot for the next couple days then gets back to her schedule.
I think until she can tell us what goes on, he should visit here.
The idiot thought she didn't visit with him last week bc of the stupid picture he put on Instagram! It was a picture of him behind the wheel of his car DRUNK and admitting he was drunk and driving. He was wasted! Eyes red and half closed..... Don't care if he wants to do that and possibly kill himself, but someone else? And as long as he doesn't ever show up here drunk.
Hope the farm went well too! Ttyt! good night
Old 01-05-2013, 05:33 PM   #1488
Big Yapper!

Debby, I think it was you that asked if I was back in onederland yet. I forgot to reply on that one. I'm 200.2 today so tomorrow for sure!

OMG, Tammy! I never heard of instagram but why on earth did he post such an incriminating picture? That right there could be grounds for visitation away from your house to end. I wish I knew what makes Chloe so upset about going with him. But I'm glad she can stay home now and be safe and happy. We love you, Chloe!

That sucks that Shawn does that to you. Did you used to be close? What the heck changed him so drastically? I wouldn't give him his own room either! He has to go back to grade-school days and earn things by good behavior. I wonder if it was his way of sticking it to you over the whole wedding thing. I'm sorry, Tammy. You deserve better. All Mothers do!

Farm was good. Cold but no wind. I was even without coat for much of the time because I was working and moving around so the only real cold I felt was on my cheeks (upper and lower).

Got home and made a juice. Fed dog and gave her a bone. Put her outside and let her back in. Turned on new computer (it had gone into hibernation) and it acted normally. Took me to sign in password page and let me progress to the home screen. After that, it was allowing my cursor to move around the screen using the touch pad but it wasn't letting me click on things and open anything up! I was completely stumped. I couldn't go online to get to the chat thing I used earlier and I couldn't get to the "how to" manual that is only on the computer's hard drive.

I decided (had no choice) to use the smart phone and try chat that way. But I can't type fast at all and the guy was a moron! I lost him twice and then the third time I lost him, he had up and said goodbye! I put so much time and effort explaining the situation and all for nothing.

So I got off the phone and saw I had an email. It was my sister Donna. "How's the new computer going so far?" I wrote back, "HORRIBLE!!! Can't talk. Pray!" I then began to pray as well. Came back to the computer and started playing with the touchpad and "mouse". I discovered that if I put the cursor on the thing I wanted to select and then click the left half of the mouse (remember, it's a laptop), it would do the same thing as if I double clicked the touchpad. YEA!!! So that allowed me to get into the user's manual.

I was looking over the table of contents and I was about to look up how to set touchpad and mouse settings and suddenly the touchpad was working again the way it should. I thanked God but I also said, "I don't know what was wrong so, thanks for fixing it but I don't know what I just learned other than to come to You for help."

Anyway, I'm up and running again. As far as the out-of-sync video streaming, I think the only answer is to hard-wire the laptop as if it's a desktop rather than using it wireless. I think that would increase the speed from the internet. I can at least try it and see how it goes. But I will ask the landlady if her son (Technical Wizard) can work the configuration out to make that happen. With so many computers in a two-family dwelling, it's freakin' tricky!

Tammy, you have 3 floors? That must be really hard for you at times. Ever think of selling and moving into a Ranch style home? All those stairs are only going to keep using up what energy and ability you still have.

Debby, I'm glad the cream is working on your frostnip. When i read the part about not wiping off the skin, I hurried up and copy/pasted it to put here. I hope it doesn't leave any lasting marks on your pretty face.

Ladies, I'm pooped! We're getting a light snow tonight. I know. I was sick of mud and I asked for this. But now the reality of winter is here and I want something else! That's me! Human.

Sleep tight and sweet dreams, ladies. TTYT. (God willing.)
Old 01-05-2013, 06:51 PM   #1489
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Debby, I think it was you that asked if I was back in onederland yet. I forgot to reply on that one. I'm 200.2 today so tomorrow for sure!

OMG, Tammy! I never heard of instagram but why on earth did he post such an incriminating picture? That right there could be grounds for visitation away from your house to end. I wish I knew what makes Chloe so upset about going with him. But I'm glad she can stay home now and be safe and happy. We love you, Chloe!

Farm was good. Cold but no wind. I was even without coat for much of the time because I was working and moving around so the only real cold I felt was on my cheeks (upper and lower).
So I got off the phone and saw I had an email. It was my sister Donna. "How's the new computer going so far?" I wrote back, "HORRIBLE!!! Can't talk. Pray!" I then began to pray as well. Came back to the computer and started playing with the touchpad and "mouse". I discovered that if I put the cursor on the thing I wanted to select and then click the left half of the mouse (remember, it's a laptop), it would do the same thing as if I double clicked the touchpad. YEA!!! So that allowed me to get into the user's manual.

I was looking over the table of contents and I was about to look up how to set touchpad and mouse settings and suddenly the touchpad was working again the way it should. I thanked God but I also said, "I don't know what was wrong so, thanks for fixing it but I don't know what I just learned other than to come to You for help."

Anyway, I'm up and running again. As far as the out-of-sync video streaming, I think the only answer is to hard-wire the laptop as if it's a desktop rather than using it wireless. I think that would increase the speed from the internet. I can at least try it and see how it goes. But I will ask the landlady if her son (Technical Wizard) can work the configuration out to make that happen. With so many computers in a two-family dwelling, it's freakin' tricky!

Tammy, you have 3 floors? That must be really hard for you at times. Ever think of selling and moving into a Ranch style home? All those stairs are only going to keep using up what energy and ability you still have.

Debby, I'm glad the cream is working on your frostnip. When i read the part about not wiping off the skin, I hurried up and copy/pasted it to put here. I hope it doesn't leave any lasting marks on your pretty face.

Ladies, I'm pooped! We're getting a light snow tonight. I know. I was sick of mud and I asked for this. But now the reality of winter is here and I want something else! That's me! Human.

Sleep tight and sweet dreams, ladies. TTYT. (God willing.)
Ah, bummer about the computer. Hope it didn't stress you out too much. I'm so glad God turned it into something good.
Yeah, my cheek is feeling a bit tender now, so I didn't go skiing. Took Shelby for another run. She's getting really fast now! 30 kmph now... (20 mph) Then did my elliptical & Flex. Had to really force myself, since I missed yesterday, I just didn't "feel" like it (of course, happens every time).
I have 3 floors too. My grandkids sometimes leave a mess too. Nice thing about it is... I can clean it up when I have time, nobody goes up there but guests that stay over.

That's good, spread the good times over the week... tomorrow's Onederland !
Old 01-05-2013, 09:50 PM   #1490
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 143.7/141.3/130
WOE: HDE/FF
PRAISE THE LORD CHERYL!!!!!!!

I'm so happy for you!! 2013 is certainly shaping up to be your year. Can't wait to watch it unfold!
Old 01-06-2013, 09:03 AM   #1491
Big Yapper!

I'm so glad you didn't go skiing again during this time of healing for your little cheek. Do you have any of those masks that go over your face? I've seen them in a local store and keep telling myself I'm going to buy one for when I'm working at the farm (away from the horses. They'd totally freak out if they saw someone wearing something like that.) It covers your nose, chin and all of your cheeks.

20 mph is FAST. WTG Shelby! Does she enjoy it? Sounds like she does. It's really dangerous to miss a day of exercise when you've been consistent, isn't it? One day can turn into two and then much longer (I should know.)

Three floors is a lot of house! If I had a third floor that nobody saw but house guests, it would likely stayed all messed up until I knew the next one was coming to stay. I'm a total procrastinator. (I should stop saying these negative affirmations! I was a total procrastinator but I've put that behind me now.)

You called it, Debby. 199.0!! So down 1.2 more this morning and down a total of 6.2 since I started on the third. I'm not buzzing around with energy yet, but they say that you start to feel that energized. I will keep this up and see where it leads. I made a commitment to 10 days before I decide to go onto a full month.

The only thing that is concerning is the sheer volume of produce that it takes to make a single juice. That's why (well, one of the reasons why) I've been eating one small meal of fruit and nuts each day. Still on an all plant-based diet but it's more balanced. And it will help me make the veggies for juicing stretch a bit more.

Today would be a good day for diving but I have no space to put anything. It will have to wait.

Terri! So nice to see you! Thanks for dropping in. I wonder about you and Carrie every now and then. Where are you "buds" hanging out these days? I hope everything is well with both of you. Can you give me an update?

I started reading through a book that I borrowed from the manager at the farm. It's called, "Horse owner's veterinary handbook" and it's just as thick as you'd imagine. It's written in layman's terms which is making it very easy for me to grasp. I'm going to know so much more about caring for horses if I keep chipping away at that book.

We didn't get anymore snow last night!!! No clean-up today. I'm going to stay at home and read and relax and play games today. That is all I have on my schedule. And of course, JUICE. Bring on the energy!

PS: I need to find where to buy some chia seeds. That is useful in the detox because it becomes gelatinous in the GI tract and it binds with toxins that the liver is trying to get rid of, but without that kind of gelatinous substance, a lot of the toxins get reabsorbed. I want to get rid of them and help my liver enjoy this experience as well.

Have a lovely Sunday, ladies. Catch ya later.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:21 AM   #1492
Blabbermouth!!!

sounds like a really nice day you have planned

Enjoy !
Old 01-06-2013, 09:26 AM   #1493
Big Yapper!

I guess that answers my question! Netrition sells them. I'll see if I can get them locally and save on the shipping because I don't want to order anything else right now.

Thanks, Laura. You too!
Old 01-06-2013, 09:40 AM   #1494
Blabbermouth!!!

sorry..... I haven't seen them at any stores, but I don't have the variety of stores most people have.....see my avi "middle of nowhere" Texas haha !!
Old 01-06-2013, 10:37 AM   #1495
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Cheryl, we just moved here 6 months ago. Remember? The 3rd floor is half the attic thats finished. Its just a bedroom and bath up there. We don't need to use it but he wanted it so he'd be isolated! LOL Whatever....
Nice drop on the scale too. ONEderland! I don't think I could "juice". I hate veggies! LOL Glad its working for you.
We haven't gotten anymore snow, but what we have is staying around. There's no melting snow. Just taking it easy today. My dd and Chloe went to church and aren't home yet. Chloe slept with me last night! I was up at 7 this morning then at 8 she wanted her mom. I went back to sleep til 11! hehehe
Well, ttys! Have a good day!
Old 01-06-2013, 11:04 AM   #1496
Big Yapper!

OMG. I forgot you moved. It's not you, it's just that I have problems with my memory. If you recall, I completely forgot that there was a definite dinner party set for the 28th of December. If my sis hadn't called around 2pm to say we could come earlier, I wouldn't have shown up at all. And I was bringing my Mother with me! Hopefully this detox will help to sharpen my mind, as well. I have high hopes for what this cleanse will do for me, so I soldier on. It's really not bad at all.

I'm glad you got to go back to sleep for a while. You guys (gals) have a great day, too. I need to find my resume so I can fill out my job application and hand it in tomorrow. I can never remember details of past jobs. There again, my memory.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:30 PM   #1497
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I forget things too. I call it "sometimers"! LOL
Did I tell you I got a Jury Summons? I got excused though. I got it just in time too. I forgot all about it and they normally don't excuse ppl last minute, but when I called and stressed how I just didnt know if I could sit all day for however long, I think it helped. I also said with the holidays it was hard to get in touch with the dr office. Which I did try to call them once and their voice mail was full. Just glad I dont have to go tomorrow. I didnt know what we were going to do with Chloe either! Geeze!
Hope your day is going well.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:45 PM   #1498
Big Yapper!

I like that. Yes, you told me you were summoned and that you were going to get a letter from your Dr. I'm so glad he took care of it for you. There was no way you were going to be able to do that. What a hassle that was, though! Holidays do get in the way of ordinary life tasks, don't they?

It's getting dark here so I need to get busy closing blinds and turning on some lights. Be back soon.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:29 PM   #1499
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 143.7/141.3/130
WOE: HDE/FF
Hey Cheryl,
We weren't really doing HCG and trying to get away from the constant draw so we moved to a journal.
It's always more fun with a buddy! Figuring it out for the long run...

Of course now I'm starting a round, so what does that tell ya Carrie is NKing it. Drop by and say Hi sometime.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:24 PM   #1500
Big Yapper!

Thanks, Terri. I just posted over there and I'll read through all the posts sometime in the next two days. I start the job orientation tomorrow afternoon so I'm not sure if I'll get through them all tomorrow.

Biggest Loser Time! Started at 9 EST.
Closed Thread