Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2012, 04:47 PM   #121
Big Yapper!
 
CherylB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 18,716
Gallery: CherylB
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulabob View Post
I usually just measure Saturdays (unless I am super curious). I am totally nuts with my measuring and measure above the bust, bust, below bust, waist, belly, hips, thigh/arm/calf. I'd send you my file but I think it would harm rather than help you...it's stuffed with like 10 years of pages and 3 different eating plans.... I have my own particular brand of insanity.

Well, I have to say measurements when I was 232 pounds really made me cry. Especially when that septuplet mom complained about how big her waist was...and it was quite a bit smaller than mine. Definitely don't measure if it will only bring you down.
As funny as that is, it is also very sad. You have come so far, Paula! Just look at how far you've come!

Yeah, I'd rather not receive that file. I have enough of my own insanity right here.
CherylB is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2012, 05:20 PM   #122
Blabbermouth!!!
 
paulabob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,544
Gallery: paulabob
Stats: 204/124.6/110 49%/27.4%/20% 5'2"
WOE: Atkins/hHcg/Optimal whatever works
Start Date: restart March '10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
As funny as that is, it is also very sad. You have come so far, Paula! Just look at how far you've come!

Yeah, I'd rather not receive that file. I have enough of my own insanity right here.
Yes, I'm so much different...that was 5 years ago when I was at my all time high. And I was 50/46/52 and my fat % was 53%. Now I'm 35/30/38. I'm a virtual stick! Not quite but compared! It's painful to remember what it was like back then.

I will keep you sane and withhold that file.
paulabob is offline  
Old 01-29-2012, 05:56 PM   #123
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 1,403
Gallery: Gremom
Okay, I just caught up on everything. Whew!!

We had a nice day here too and DH tooks the kids outside for a while. Nice!

I am still dealing with bloatedness, but I am not giving up. Something will have to give soon, right?

Sorry that you feel the way you do about the farm peeps, but again, your awesomeness is just too much for some people! Go enjoy your animals and do what you need to do. You may be more appreciated than you think.

I don't measure either. I never keep track of my tape and it is too much work for me. Someday maybe. Yeah, right! That'll never happen!

Can't wait to see how this round of hhcg goes for ya!
Gremom is offline  
Old 01-29-2012, 06:14 PM   #124
Big Yapper!
 
CherylB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 18,716
Gallery: CherylB
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulabob View Post
Yes, I'm so much different...that was 5 years ago when I was at my all time high. And I was 50/46/52 and my fat % was 53%. Now I'm 35/30/38. I'm a virtual stick! Not quite but compared! It's painful to remember what it was like back then.

I will keep you sane and withhold that file.
Well, I started to "stop the madness" around October 23, 2009 after an eye-opening weekend on my nephew's boat. We left his marina on the CT River and crossed the Long Island Sound to be at a weekend-long festival on Long Island. We would take the shuttle from the marina down to the area where all the action was, but by the end of the day, the shuttles had stopped running and we'd have to walk back to the boat.

It was only about 1.5 miles (at least that's what I was told; might have been more or less) but after being down there all day long on my feet and then carrying my purse, video camera, camera bags, and whatever else I may have purchased, I was next to death during that walk. I remember the first night we walked back to the boat. When we made it "home," I went into the public rest room and pealed my soaking-wet clothes off of my body (sweat) and tried to catch my breath. (Actually, I remember taking my pants down to pee and being so sweaty and hot that I could hardly pull them back up on me.) I swore to myself I wouldn't be doing that again but the next night we were walking again. I was the only one who was hurting. It was not only embarrassing, I know I could have had a stroke or heart attack under that much fatigue.

So when I got home, I started to really think about what I was going to do to turn the tide, and that's how I got to where I am today! I guess you could call it a "near death experience." That and trying to find a place that was comfortable enough for my huge body to sleep on the boat. They had to open the sleeper sofa because there was no way I was going to live if I tried sleeping on one of the bunk beds. I'd have suffocated for sure!

I didn't take my measurements when I first began but I can tell you what they were about 3 weeks into it:

Neck- 15"
Upper Arms- 16.5"
Bust- 46"
Waist- 42"
Abd- 48.5" (around the "pouch")
Hips- 47.5"
Thighs- 29.75"
Knees- 19"
Calves- 16.25"

Weight: 220 (down 10.6 during that 3 weeks on Atkins.)

At my lowest point where I recorded my measurements, I was:

Neck- 12.5"
Upper Arm- 13"
Forearm- 10"
Wrist- 6.5"
Bust- 39"
Waist- 35"
Abd- 42"
Hips- 41"
Thighs- 24.25"
Calves- 14.25"
Ankles- 9"
Knees- 16.75"

Weight- 166.4 (down 46.5 lbs from highest)

I started using one of those simple fat caliper things at that last measuring and it said I was 26.9% fat, but my online BMI calculation was 37.36%! That's why I don't hold too much faith in all these measurements.

So, the closer I get to 140, the more hour-glass I'll be getting. I always had a curvy figure but the curves just got more and more pronounced and the rounder and rounder I got. I used to look in the mirror or see pictures of me (I couldn't always dodge the camera) and I looked like a linebacker (especially in the shoulder/neck area.) Not a good look for me at all. I used to get so frustrated with my purse strap always sliding off my shoulder! Now I know why that happened. It was just too slopey.

I'll end this book-ette now. Sometimes it's nice to just put everything out there and lay your cards on the table.
CherylB is offline  
Old 01-29-2012, 06:24 PM   #125
Big Yapper!
 
CherylB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 18,716
Gallery: CherylB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremom View Post
Okay, I just caught up on everything. Whew!!

We had a nice day here too and DH tooks the kids outside for a while. Nice!

I am still dealing with bloatedness, but I am not giving up. Something will have to give soon, right?

Sorry that you feel the way you do about the farm peeps, but again, your awesomeness is just too much for some people! Go enjoy your animals and do what you need to do. You may be more appreciated than you think.

I don't measure either. I never keep track of my tape and it is too much work for me. Someday maybe. Yeah, right! That'll never happen!

Can't wait to see how this round of hhcg goes for ya!
Thanks, Stacey! It can be daunting to get caught up on threads sometimes! I know. I'm glad you and the family had a great day! Sorry the bloat persists. It's got to pass soon, right? Oh, sorry. You already asked that question.

I won't give up on the farm, I just have to do some major praying before I go and ask God to let me not be so sensitive and paranoid. If I act like a volunteer and not someone vying for a job, maybe I can relax and enjoy it more. Believe me, after that talk we had that night in the kitchen, I understand my place a whole lot better. That's what hurt even more. I'm not the VIP I thought I was.

I'm hoping this round goes really well. I'm preparing myself for utter boredom so I need to focus on staying busy. I always do better when I'm not lazing around. The day creeps by when I'm not doing productive things, and boy do I have plenty to do! I still have done nothing to prepare to leave this place and it's only a matter of time. I should have been out of here long ago but I implemented a few tactics that bought me some time. But those tactics have run their course and now it's just a matter of getting that final letter. I just wish I had some money saved up. I had almost $2K at one point, before everything started to break down and/or get sick (pooch, car, furnace, yada, yada.) God has gotten me this far and He'll take me all the way home!

I bought one of those automatic tape measures that has the retraction feature, like a regular carpenter's tape measure. The end of it slides into one side and then you place it around your body and hit the button. Bingo! Read it and weep. I got the pinch-type caliper at that time, too. I don't trust it, though. Seems like if you naturally carry alot of abdominal fat and sometimes retain water, that measurement can vary widely. And I never could figure out if I was pinching too far inward or in the right spot. When you are still really porky, you can only guesstimate where the hip bone truly is!
CherylB is offline  
Old 01-29-2012, 10:02 PM   #126
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
tay65's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: comfy couch
Posts: 3,384
Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
I hope you find a place. I'll keep you in my prayers.
Good luck with the hHCG! I am taking my break, but I feel anxious about not taking it. Its a strange feeling. I know I physically need this "rest" for my body. But before summer I'm doing it again.
tay65 is offline  
Old 01-30-2012, 04:46 AM   #127
Blabbermouth!!!
 
paulabob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,544
Gallery: paulabob
Stats: 204/124.6/110 49%/27.4%/20% 5'2"
WOE: Atkins/hHcg/Optimal whatever works
Start Date: restart March '10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
I started using one of those simple fat caliper things at that last measuring and it said I was 26.9% fat, but my online BMI calculation was 37.36%! That's why I don't hold too much faith in all these measurements.
Wow, didn't know you were that big too! You've come a long way baby!

Just so you know, there is no relationship between BMI and fat percentage, although they both go down as you get smaller. BMI is just a statistic (which is why folks don't put a lot of faith in it). For me, my BMI and fat percentage is close, but that's just a coincidence (I have a small frame whereas I'm guessing you have bigger bones, more muscle mass).

26.9 sounds good....that's what my scale said I was today and I was happy! I'm aiming for 20 as ideal (for me), but I'm going to be pretty happy when it's under 25.

Have a G R E A T Monday!
__________________
Paula
2010 Atkins 204/191.6 HCG/hHCG 191.6/176/165.4/156.4/147.8 (4 rounds)
2011 hHCG 148.6/140.8/134.8/129.2 (3 rounds) JUDDD 125.6 (sept-dec)
2012 lowish Optimal calories, June25th 132.6/124.6/110
paulabob is offline  
Old 01-30-2012, 07:23 AM   #128
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 1,403
Gallery: Gremom
Cherly, I hope you find a place soon. Will be praying for you! And yes, God will help you and never leave you. How awesome is that???

Tammy, congrats on finding the new place. I can't wait to house shopping, but we have to finish the adoption first and then it probably will be a year or two after that. Whatever God wants from us.

Okay, girls, guess what??? I found my tape measure and I am going to take measurements! I know, SHOCKING!! But, I am starting Insanity today and it shrinks me so I want to know how much!

Hope you all have a FABULOUS Monday!
Gremom is offline  
Old 01-30-2012, 09:46 AM   #129
Big Yapper!
 
CherylB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 18,716
Gallery: CherylB
Quote:
Originally Posted by tay65 View Post
I hope you find a place. I'll keep you in my prayers.
Good luck with the hHCG! I am taking my break, but I feel anxious about not taking it. Its a strange feeling. I know I physically need this "rest" for my body. But before summer I'm doing it again.
I know exactly what you mean (at least I think I do. You meant you were anxious about "taking" the break, not "not taking" it, right?) I felt the same way in my first P3. I stabilized really well but stabilizing at that weight made little sense to me when I had so much farther to go. I guess it's a necessary evil. Enjoy it for what it is!

And thanks so much (to all of you) for the prayers. I don't think about it or I'd go crazy. When it happens, it happens. Then I will deal with it, in a great, big hurry. One good thing about foreclosure is I don't have to completely empty out this house or clean it. That's the bank's problem. I'll take what I'm taking with me and leave whatever I don't give away or sell. They can bring a dumpster and do the rest. I have no problem doing that. Not this move!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulabob View Post
Wow, didn't know you were that big too! You've come a long way baby!

Just so you know, there is no relationship between BMI and fat percentage, although they both go down as you get smaller. BMI is just a statistic (which is why folks don't put a lot of faith in it). For me, my BMI and fat percentage is close, but that's just a coincidence (I have a small frame whereas I'm guessing you have bigger bones, more muscle mass).

26.9 sounds good....that's what my scale said I was today and I was happy! I'm aiming for 20 as ideal (for me), but I'm going to be pretty happy when it's under 25.

Have a G R E A T Monday!
Yep. I have my starting weight in my stats to the left. I guess there may have been times when I was even a bit higher but never went near a scale. I was really messed up for a long time after my husband got ill and then passed away. I lost 4 close family members in 17 months and I had to keep working as a full-time RN all the while. It was a very dark time. And all those years following his death (coming up on the 12th anniversary of it on 2/7), I was just going through the motions of living and working and trying to make sense of it all.

Also, for several years I didn't take my Synthroid. I was doing travel nursing and really didn't have a Dr. I didn't want to go to a Dr one time and then have to get another one in the next new place so I just didn't take it. I was in total denial of all things "me." I was smoking (two substances, at times), drinking and eating the worst fast foods on a regular basis. I just didn't care.

I spent my 40th birthday in the hospital, having my first-ever surgery (my gallbladder had finally said "enough"!) Mini wake-up call. (That happened while in FL on an assignment. I had no family or friends to visit me.)

Yes indeedy. I have come a long way, baby!

I didn't realize that BMI was not about fat percentage. That doesn't make sense to me. BMI goes down as your fat percentage goes down, so there should be some kind of relationship. Did you think I was talking about BMR? Calories needed per day to maintain your weight? I meant Body Mass Index. Am I still wrong?

You're doing great on the scale this week! You're on a roll, Paula! I hope you have a fabulous Monday, too. Mine is off to a good start!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremom View Post
Cheryl, I hope you find a place soon. Will be praying for you! And yes, God will help you and never leave you. How awesome is that???

Tammy, congrats on finding the new place. I can't wait to house shopping, but we have to finish the adoption first and then it probably will be a year or two after that. Whatever God wants from us.

Okay, girls, guess what??? I found my tape measure and I am going to take measurements! I know, SHOCKING!! But, I am starting Insanity today and it shrinks me so I want to know how much!

Hope you all have a FABULOUS Monday!
Thanks so much, Stacey. I appreciate the prayers more than you know. I do trust in God but I just wish I knew what He had in mind! I hate not knowing. But in the past, I rented a small house on a lake. I mean, what are the chances of finding something like that? I was working as a nurse then so I could easily afford the $1K/month rent. Now that would be out of the question. But I thought that was reasonable for being right on the water. If not for the posts holding up the roof on the back porch, I could have cast a fishing line into the water from the porch! It was a wicked place to live in winter, but oh how I loved the warm months. My dog and I swam together all the time. We haven't been able to find a place to swim together since we bought this house. (I only worked weekends then. Got paid for 32 hours. )

House shopping sounds like it would be a much better idea for you if it is "down the road" a ways. Spread your joy out so it isn't all completely lumped in together! I don't think the housing market is going to rebound anytime soon. You have time to shop around.

Happy measuring! I hope they are a pleasant surprise for you. And enjoy Insanity! Better you than me, darling.

As for me, I dropped a good chunk of water weight after day one! (See siggy.) Actually, I should write it in the post because siggy's change and if I go back and read old posts, I want to see where I was at.

Post load weight was 179.6, weight today was 175.4. I'm hoping to get to at least 156 by March 1st, when I begin P3. I want to be able to stay solidly in the 50's during March before I dive in to take off the rest. Looks like April will be my last round. It might have to go into May, considering how things slow down toward the end. We'll see how much I can take.

Have a splendid day and week, ladies!
CherylB is offline  
Old 01-30-2012, 09:50 AM   #130
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,794
Gallery: catjrow3
Stats: 240/177/150
WOE: NK - LCHF
Start Date: 05/18/2013 (restart of course)
Great job Cheryl on the nice start!! You can do it, all of February I just know it!!! KUTGW
catjrow3 is offline  
Old 01-30-2012, 09:56 AM   #131
Blabbermouth!!!
 
verbqueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 5,100
Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Nice loss, Cheryl. Go, girl, go!!
verbqueen is offline  
Old 01-30-2012, 10:01 AM   #132
Blabbermouth!!!
 
paulabob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,544
Gallery: paulabob
Stats: 204/124.6/110 49%/27.4%/20% 5'2"
WOE: Atkins/hHcg/Optimal whatever works
Start Date: restart March '10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
I didn't realize that BMI was not about fat percentage. That doesn't make sense to me. BMI goes down as your fat percentage goes down, so there should be some kind of relationship. Did you think I was talking about BMR? Calories needed per day to maintain your weight? I meant Body Mass Index. Am I still wrong? !
Yes, we're both talking BMI...which is a measure of your height and weight. So my DH, whose BMI is the same as mine and who is almost 50 pounds heavier, has a body fat of 20%. And me, with a bmi of 22, has a body fat of over 26%. Cause I'm short and still pudgy in the belly, while he's a foot taller. And a male athlete will also be judged obese by BMI, because it only measures weight, not fat.

So that's why BMI is pretty much worthless...like a standard height weight chart is worthless, because it simply doesn't take body fat into account. And of course, healthy body fat percentages are different for men and women anyways, so I have no idea why we use the same BMI??? Anyways, it was great when my BMI dropped from obese, to overweight, then to "acceptable", but pretty much is worthless otherwise!

Congrats on your day One loss!
paulabob is offline  
Old 01-30-2012, 10:09 AM   #133
Big Yapper!
 
CherylB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 18,716
Gallery: CherylB
Quote:
Originally Posted by catjrow3 View Post
Great job Cheryl on the nice start!! You can do it, all of February I just know it!!! KUTGW
Thanks, Cathy! I know you can do it, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbqueen View Post
Nice loss, Cheryl. Go, girl, go!!
Thanks, Jessica! I love you guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulabob View Post
Yes, we're both talking BMI...which is a measure of your height and weight. So my DH, whose BMI is the same as mine and who is almost 50 pounds heavier, has a body fat of 20%. And me, with a bmi of 22, has a body fat of over 26%. Cause I'm short and still pudgy in the belly, while he's a foot taller. And a male athlete will also be judged obese by BMI, because it only measures weight, not fat.

So that's why BMI is pretty much worthless...like a standard height weight chart is worthless, because it simply doesn't take body fat into account. And of course, healthy body fat percentages are different for men and women anyways, so I have no idea why we use the same BMI??? Anyways, it was great when my BMI dropped from obese, to overweight, then to "acceptable", but pretty much is worthless otherwise!

Congrats on your day One loss!
Well, I guess I won't bother messing with BMI calculators anymore!

Oddly enough, with all this talk about the foreclosure, I got a letter today saying they are "moving to mark READY to set the foreclosure sale date" today in court. At first I thought the letter was saying I had to get out today, but that's absurd. So what they must mean is that today in court, they are filing a motion to set the sale date. That means I have to get busy. And I have to find some money somewhere. It won't be long now. I might have one or two more months, tops!

I don't give a crap, ladies! Nothing is going to undermine my diet and weight loss plans! I'm going to reach my goals this Spring and I don't care how much stress I'm under. God will work things our for me, if I trust in Him and lean on Him. I need to have faith and just do what I can do.

A side benefit of P2 is I will have so much more money not being spent on food and drink! Time to see where else I can get some cash together.

Last edited by CherylB; 01-30-2012 at 10:11 AM..
CherylB is offline  
Old 01-30-2012, 12:42 PM   #134
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
tay65's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: comfy couch
Posts: 3,384
Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
great loss Cheryl! love the first week losses!
tay65 is offline  
Old 01-30-2012, 01:33 PM   #135
Big Yapper!
 
CherylB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 18,716
Gallery: CherylB
Me, too.
CherylB is offline  
Old 01-30-2012, 07:04 PM   #136
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 1,403
Gallery: Gremom
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
I don't give a crap, ladies! Nothing is going to undermine my diet and weight loss plans! I'm going to reach my goals this Spring and I don't care how much stress I'm under. God will work things our for me, if I trust in Him and lean on Him. I need to have faith and just do what I can do.

A side benefit of P2 is I will have so much more money not being spent on food and drink! Time to see where else I can get some cash together.
I feel this way too. I am so determined to get to my goal that nothing is getting in my way!! We can do this together, girl!! I have messed around way too long and now is the time to get to where I want to be. DH just keeps telling me that I can be determined, but don't get obsessed. That is a hard line for me because I want it soooooo bad.

And ultimately, like you said, God will work it out and we just need to keep our complete faith and trust in Him. Easier said than done! In church right now we are studying the power of prayer and it is just awesome. So you have been added to my list and you will be covered in prayer, friend!
Gremom is offline  
Old 01-30-2012, 07:41 PM   #137
Big Yapper!
 
CherylB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 18,716
Gallery: CherylB
I am grateful. And yes; we are in this together!
CherylB is offline  
Old 01-31-2012, 09:18 AM   #138
Big Yapper!
 
CherylB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 18,716
Gallery: CherylB
Down another 2.2 today, so I'm sitting at 173.2. I think it's been a few months since I was even back in the 60's so I'm getting excited! Little by little, step by step, I'm going to be in VT by March.

I hope everyone is doing well today! Wish me luck at the barn. I need a positive experience today. Two bad ones in a row would be very bad indeed. We don't want to set a trend of that sort. It's sunny and looks to be not too cold, so if there's little wind, it should be a great day.
CherylB is offline  
Old 01-31-2012, 09:37 AM   #139
Blabbermouth!!!
 
verbqueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 5,100
Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
G'morning, Miss Cheryl! Very nice loss for you today! Congrats, and onward and downward!
verbqueen is offline  
Old 01-31-2012, 05:03 PM   #140
Big Yapper!
 
CherylB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 18,716
Gallery: CherylB
Totally, Jessica! Down is the only way to go.

Equine Care went well today. I didn't wear a coat and I was comfortable! January 31 and in the low 50's. Who can complain about that? (I mean, unless you are a skier.) We thoroughly groomed each horse properly for the first time since I've been there. It was great! Even the horses who rarely roll in the mud gave it their best effort today. That'll teach them. What is it about animals? They just aren't happy when they're clean.

I'm tired and going to watch the Biggest Loser now. Have a good night, y'all!
CherylB is offline  
Old 01-31-2012, 05:28 PM   #141
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 1,403
Gallery: Gremom
Glad to hear you had a nice day with the horses! You sound upbeat right now and I love it!

It was almost 70 here today and a friend and I took our kids to our church playground and parking lot to play and ride bikes. It is going be even warmer tomorrow! I love the warmth!

I am going to watch BL too, but I record it so I don't have to watch all the commercials. And I'm impatient!
Gremom is offline  
Old 01-31-2012, 07:19 PM   #142
Big Yapper!
 
CherylB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 18,716
Gallery: CherylB
Oh, 70 sounds so much better but I'm thankul for what we got! I am feeling better. I always feel better when I'm in control again.

I'm glad you + your kids had fun today!

Seeing that scripture that you have in your siggy, that Amy Grant song is playing in my head now! That will be good to go to sleep by. Thanks!
CherylB is offline  
Old 02-01-2012, 04:29 AM   #143
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 1,403
Gallery: Gremom
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Seeing that scripture that you have in your siggy, that Amy Grant song is playing in my head now! That will be good to go to sleep by. Thanks!
Yes, I always sing that song when I read that verse. So soothing, isn't it! Hope you got some rest!
Gremom is offline  
Old 02-01-2012, 08:55 AM   #144
Big Yapper!
 
CherylB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 18,716
Gallery: CherylB
I got rest, all night! It's almost noon and I still haven't gotten my first cup of coffee. (There! Just got one.) I love that song, too. Amy Grant was first known when I was in my early 20's. I always loved her devotion to the Lord.

I am down again! 1.2 this time, so incrementally, things are slowing down. Eventually I'll be averaging about a 1/2 lb per day, I guess. I hope for better, but have to look at how things went in prior rounds. I hope this is my finest round to date!

Just a mere kg and I'll be back in the beloved 60's! I'm already feeling slimmer and I thank God for that. I missed that sleek feeling.

I hope we all have a lovely day today!
CherylB is offline  
Old 02-01-2012, 09:46 AM   #145
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,794
Gallery: catjrow3
Stats: 240/177/150
WOE: NK - LCHF
Start Date: 05/18/2013 (restart of course)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
I got rest, all night! It's almost noon and I still haven't gotten my first cup of coffee. (There! Just got one.) I love that song, too. Amy Grant was first known when I was in my early 20's. I always loved her devotion to the Lord.

I am down again! 1.2 this time, so incrementally, things are slowing down. Eventually I'll be averaging about a 1/2 lb per day, I guess. I hope for better, but have to look at how things went in prior rounds. I hope this is my finest round to date!

Just a mere kg and I'll be back in the beloved 60's! I'm already feeling slimmer and I thank God for that. I missed that sleek feeling.

I hope we all have a lovely day today!
Great job Cheryl, my second day I was down another 3.8, so 10.6 in 2 days of (almost) fasting. Today I am going to eat protocol though, so hopefully no rebounding for me. I just got back into the 160s this morning again. So I completely understand how you feel!! Long way from where I was, but headed in the right direction!!
catjrow3 is offline  
Old 02-01-2012, 11:03 AM   #146
Big Yapper!
 
CherylB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 18,716
Gallery: CherylB
Yippee!!!! Cathy, I'm really proud of you. It's hard! When you have been so out of control for a long while, it seems (and totally is) easier to just go back to the path of least resistance. All good things are at the top of an up-hill climb. We can't live in the valley unless we want to settle for what we get on the "road more travelled by."
CherylB is offline  
Old 02-01-2012, 12:38 PM   #147
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,794
Gallery: catjrow3
Stats: 240/177/150
WOE: NK - LCHF
Start Date: 05/18/2013 (restart of course)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Yippee!!!! Cathy, I'm really proud of you. It's hard! When you have been so out of control for a long while, it seems (and totally is) easier to just go back to the path of least resistance. All good things are at the top of an up-hill climb. We can't live in the valley unless we want to settle for what we get on the "road more travelled by."
Very true words, thanks!!
catjrow3 is offline  
Old 02-01-2012, 12:48 PM   #148
Big Yapper!
 
CherylB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 18,716
Gallery: CherylB
I went for a walk! I went to a nice little pond in my home town that they call "Lake Winfield". It was windy there so I'm glad I wore a hat to cover my ears. I walked just once around but I threw in three little bursts of jogging, to get my heart rate up. I have to work on my endurance. I'm so tired of being winded with just mild activity. So, hopefully I'll do this at least 4 times a week in addition to the horses. I have the treadmill for rainy or very cold/snowy days.

While I was out walking around the lake, I noticed some apartments high up above the treeline in one direction. So after my walk, I drove in search of the complex. Turns out they are condos and some of them are for rent. One of the three different ones that are all kind of clustered together in a very nice way, allow dogs! And if you have a larger-than-allowed dog, they will accept it if you have a note from your Dr. (That the dog is essential for your mental health.)

Please, God, PLEASE! Let me get a place like that! They are townhouses, so they have basements and several levels to live in. I would so feel at home in a place like that. It won't be cheap, but I'd find a part-time job doing anything at all in order to make that work. I could live in that environment for the rest of my life! (As long as I stay in CT, that is.) If my family stays, then I'll be staying.

Pray!!! And thank you in advance.
CherylB is offline  
Old 02-01-2012, 12:58 PM   #149
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 1,403
Gallery: Gremom
Praying!! Hopefully this is the better situation God had in store for you!

Nice drops Cathy and Cheryl! The first week of any diet always feels good, it's just trying to keep the mental toughness throughout the rest of the journey.

I am glad you got some rest too Cheryl. There are days where I stay in my jammies all day. They are few and far between now that my girls are in school. I am a homebody too, but the kids force me out! Your walk sounds great. I should have gone today seeing that it is 70+ here today, but I did insanity and DS needed a nap and now we are doing homework. Just now enough hours in the day!

I will be signing DS up for preschool soon. He didn't go this year since we are saving for the adoption, but he needs to go this year. I just pray he gets into the school that I want him in. Please pray for that if you think of it. Also, I am a bit scared to send him since he has severe allergies. I know he will be in a controlled environment, but still, it will be hard to let him be in other's hands.

Anyway, thanks for listening to me ramble.
Gremom is offline  
Old 02-01-2012, 01:06 PM   #150
Big Yapper!
 
CherylB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 18,716
Gallery: CherylB
Prayers on the way. That would be a concern for me, too. But he's in God's hands, as we all are. We must have peace and trust. And lean not unto our own understanding. WOW! That's a hard one for me. I'm addicted to reasoning and figuring things out. Such is the reason for my messed-up life! I've gone down many a wrong road. But I know He's always been with me, patiently waiting for me to wake up. And there He is again, waiting for me to wait on Him. UGH!
CherylB is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:05 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.