Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2012, 05:39 AM   #1381
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 147/143/128
WOE: LC
Morning Cheryl,
So happy you are moving into the light, sorry to hear you have not been in a good place. Big Kudos to you for pulling yourself out of it.

I have a new phone too. Had to upgrade so it would work with the blue tooth in my car. I know how it feels to be is a state of don't quite get it, but the fog is starting to clear .

I started a round last Sunday and was doing great until Monday when I had a sudden 2# jump. I did a beef day yesterday and am back on the lose. I also started my combo workouts last night. So this morning is feeling a lot rosier.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2012, 09:56 AM   #1382
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Good! Glad to hear that. (Rosier.) This new phone I have is one of those touch screens and has the large screen for viewing. It's cool but the instruction book leaves a lot of stuff out, as far as I'm concerned. Last night while playing around, I discovered some free games to download to the phone. I just downloaded one but it's really cool. You are the shark in "Jaws the Revenge" and you make the shark dive and jump out of the water and react to whatever is coming up in its path. Very realistic with blood and screaming and all. LMAO!

There is supposedly also something online where you can download songs to your computer and then transfer them to the playlist on the phone. That's something I will try to master soon.

Have taken two doses of the pellets so far and will begin the VLCD phase tomorrow morning. Let's see how much I can drop before Christmas! I'm going to try very hard to only weigh once a week, but you know me. I rarely ever follow through on things like that. The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak. Oh, how true.

How long will you go on your round, Terri? I hope you feel great while doing this. I hope we all do! Have a lovely day, ladies. I'm off to my other threads now to get caught up.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:08 AM   #1383
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/161.6/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Glad you're feeling well. I'm not familiar w. that med? Is it helping? You sound good. I didn't realize your depression had gotten so bad. It seemed the horses were a pleasant distraction? I know it's hard when $ gets tight. Try to hang in there sweetie!
Old 11-28-2012, 10:44 AM   #1384
Big Yapper!

Antabuse is a drug that prevents someone from drinking or consuming any amount of alcohol. I asked the Dr to put me on it because I'm just too impulsive (part of the conditions I have) and willpower alone doesn't do the trick. With this in my system, I can't take in alcohol in any form for two weeks. If I wanted to drink again, I'd have to wait that long for the drug to leave my system. If I drink while taking the drug, there are dire consequences which I hope to never experience. The fear of making myself deathly ill is enough to keep me off the sauce.

I like the drug because it totally takes all the "should I drink today?" talk out of my head. The answer is NO and there's no point in even thinking about it. I'm hoping that over time, my brain will get used to not thinking about drinking and the taste for it will also fade into the sunset. It's a new approach to an old problem and I love the ability to try this.

The depression is all tied into my body image, how few clothes I can actually fit into, the money issues, yada, yada, yada. It all feeds upon itself and then after a while I don't know what the matter is, it just "is." And then I go to meet these people regarding horse jobs and things go well (like with the Vet assistant interview) and then nothing ever comes of them. I know that fat people simply don't fit in nicely to the equestrian world and I wonder if I'm just burning bridges by trying to find a job in my area while looking like I do. There are only a limited amount of these facilities within a reasonable driving distance. If I x them all off the list before I'm truly at my most marketable, am I doing myself any favors?

Anyway, I think back a year ago and I'm so much better off than I was then. Not weigh wise but in almost every other way. I was so consumed with not knowing when I would need to move out of the house, not knowing where I was going, looking at apartments and not seeing a single thing I could call home that would allow dogs, etc. I had money back then but only because I wasn't paying a mortgage payment or rent. Now I'm living in the best location I could have hoped for but more than half my income goes to the rent.

Literally, just a part time job that pays a small hourly wage is all I need to be completely on top of my game. Then I can just learn to do the job the best I can and get all the rest of my ducks in a row. I cringe even just saying that because that is not how life goes. Ducks get scattered way too easily. Life happens while you're making other plans. So true!

I should be content just to HAVE ducks and keep them in a pen. Quack! Or rather, "Aflac!"

Need to go make some coffee. Not having any so far has made me silly. Later!
Old 11-28-2012, 12:10 PM   #1385
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yep, I've got all that crazy stuff on my phone too. If you type into your search engine "manual for whatever phone you have" It should bring up the whole manual.

I don't know how long I'll go yet, probably until the 15th or so when the majority of my functions begin. I may end up fat fasting. I'm having a big problem with the hungries today and fat fasting cures that, plus makes me feel better. So a bit of a flibbertigibbet I guess.

Julie
Old 11-29-2012, 11:27 AM   #1386
Big Yapper!

(Copy and paste from the rogue HCG thread)

Okay. Day #1 on this P2 and my post-load weight is a whopping 205.4. I did it to myself. There is no one else to blame but me. Today I regain control and take back the wheel, so to speak.

I'm setting a goal for myself. I'm breaking it up into 2 3-month sections and by the end of 6 months, I will be at my goal of 135. I will do this. If they can do big things on The Biggest Loser and other weight loss shows, I can achieve the same thing at home, using my gym membership.

I have 70.4 lbs to drop to make that happen. Since the most weight comes off in the beginning, I'm setting a goal to have lost 45 lbs in the first 3 months. That will leave 25 for the last 3 months and I know I can do that. I have to want it bad enough to gut it out and make it happen. That's all!

So since it's almost December, I'm going to start my 3-month clock on December 1st, even though I'm starting today. Just to keep things neat and tidy. By the beginning of March, I will weigh 160 or less.

That's the battle plan, ladies! And when I begin going to the gym again, it will be M-W-F, weights and cardio. I might need to go on T-Th for cardio only. Lord, how I hate cardio! But The Biggest Loser contestants don't take days off.

I am a planner! This is my plan. Now to make it materialize and get 'er done! So what am I eating today? No idea, other than coffee with cream and Ez Sweetz. Oh! And vitamins.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:44 PM   #1387
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

YOU GO GIRL GREAT PLAN
Old 11-29-2012, 01:02 PM   #1388
Big Yapper!

Now to IMPLEMENT!
Old 11-29-2012, 06:55 PM   #1389
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
So good to hear you're motivated & ready to go. Sounds like you're getting rid of the cob-webs.

One step at a time & you'll scale that mountain!
Old 11-29-2012, 07:06 PM   #1390
Big Yapper!

Yep! Thanks Deb. "Scale that mountain" almost sounds backward to me. The mountain seems to be that dang scale! Have a nice night. Off to bed I go.
Old 11-30-2012, 05:22 PM   #1391
Big Yapper!

I had a big day today. Woke early again and didn't try to go back to sleep. Opened all the blinds to let the sun shine in and drank my coffee. Then I got the address for a pawn shop in Wethersfield that had a very good review in the Hartford Courant a few months back. I took all my jewelry (except my Mom's wedding set from my parents marriage and a ring with a pearl on it) and got a quote. I could tell the woman was as good as the reviewer had said.

Not including my wedding ring (which she said looked like it was worth around $3K but I could get about $1K if I sold it on EBay or someplace like that,) I got $822! I was very happy with that. So off I went, back to my home town. I put $120 in the bank to put me back in the black and now I'm feeling relieved.

Came home to put most of the rest of the money in a secret stash place, then went shopping for some farm clothes at Goodwill. I got a lot of stuff and paid $81. Very happy about my day, as a whole.

Hunger. Pretty hungry today. I didn't eat until I got home but that's nothing new. I then ate something that was high in protein and fat. But it didn't stave off the urgency for food for very long. I was mulling over what I could do and I wasn't too concerned about dieting at that moment. I was bordering on "reckless." But I pulled through and just made a microwaved sweet potato with zero cal butter spray. (Yuck.) But after I ate it, the savage beast within me settled down finally. I still have over 300 calories to go before my 800 calorie limit is fulfilled.

I'm going to try to settle down and go to sleep earlier tonight. I need to get into that routine. In the long run, it will help me in the whole weight loss scheme of things. If I continue to be a night owl, I eat way too late.

Night, ladies! Hope all is well with you and yours tonight. We're getting a heat wave soon! Could be 60 degrees around Sunday or Monday.
Old 11-30-2012, 05:25 PM   #1392
Big Yapper!

PS: I knew by the scale that I had regained a lot of weight, but trying on jeans today showed me that I am a solid size 16. That is disgusting. WAKE UP CALL!!!
Old 11-30-2012, 06:12 PM   #1393
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Yep! Thanks Deb. "Scale that mountain" almost sounds backward to me. The mountain seems to be that dang scale! Have a nice night. Off to bed I go.
Ah, different analogy. I look at the "weight needed to lose" as the mountain that has to be climbed. It looks impossible sometimes, when we look at the whole amount, but one step at a time & you find yourself at the top! (and at your goal weight)

Getting your schedule back to "daylight" again will be a real plus! And getting back in the black again has to be a good feeling. WTG!
Old 12-01-2012, 08:19 AM   #1394
Big Yapper!

I knew how you meant it but my twisted mind that always sees puns and twists things around had to point out the opposite side.

Mornings are definitely becoming easier for me this past week. I haven't a clue why but I'm hoping it is a trend that may stick with me for a long time to come. I'm much more marketable if I can do a job that requires I show up in the morning (as long as it's not TOO early.)

I wasn't planning to weigh this morning but I'm so glad I did! I didn't expect it and find it hard to believe. I weighed twice and then decided I'd record it but it still doesn't seem real. I'm down 4.2 lbs since yesterday. That's not completely unheard of when you are doing a low calorie rogue plan but I had around 900 calories yesterday. I do remember how badly I needed to find a public rest room when I was at the bank, so maybe it was more than just drinking a lot of coffee. (I also experienced that intense feeling of hunger, too. I recall that meant a big loss-day in the past so that number is starting to make sense to me.)

I have the farm this afternoon and I'll be so happy to have something new (new to me) to wear, that is actually comfortable. HAPPY DECEMBER, LADIES!!! Peace to all of us.

Last edited by CherylB; 12-01-2012 at 08:20 AM..
Old 12-01-2012, 07:35 PM   #1395
Big Yapper!

I absolutely love this song and the video is wonderful, too. I hope this works cause I want to share a feeling with you tonight.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:56 PM   #1396
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WTG on the weight loss! Always a great encouragement when it gets a good head-start!

Sorry, can't download videos, my internet bill gets too high. Hope you're not feeling too fragile... if that's the feeling.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:02 PM   #1397
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lovely my friend. I just closed my eyes and soaked it in. Thank you for that.
Old 12-02-2012, 10:19 AM   #1398
Big Yapper!

Debby, you can't just click on the video without downloading it? Maybe things are different if you are on LCF just using your phone. If on a computer, you just click on it and it plays. No, I'm feeling great. But the song is a lovely one. And he is so totally sexy in it. (Come to find out, he did the video in 1991! No wonder. I looked pretty hot back then, too!)

Terri, I'm glad you got to listen to it. You soaked it all in and that's what I was hoping someone would want to do. It's just too lovely not to share.

I'm down some more today! I wasn't going to weigh daily for fear of what the scale would do this go-round but so far I'm so glad I have been weighing. I'm solidly back in the 100's again and I'm tickled pink about that. Now to just keep it going. I may back away from the scale now that I know I'm doing something right and just weigh every couple of days. I hate how I feel on days when I weigh and don't see a positive change. It really does wreck me and my entire day. Too risky.

I have no plans for today. Just drinking coffee and going to try and get Sprint to fix my new phone. Starting yesterday evening, I can't text or email from it. And the two last texts I got from my Mother and my sister have been repeatedly sent to me all night and all morning long. I called Sprint yesterday but gave up waiting on hold. They must be overloaded with people like me, just having gotten their new upgraded phones after Black Friday.

See you all later on! Have a great day.

Last edited by CherylB; 12-02-2012 at 10:22 AM..
Old 12-02-2012, 08:54 PM   #1399
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hehee... yeah. Each frame of a video is another picture that loads via internet. I get charged by GB. Its even more for my cell phone... A little backwards from what cities get. Even in our town people can use unlimited amounts. But I live in the country & get my high speed through radio transmitter. Alternative is satellite which is even more $$...

Way to go on more wt. loss!
Old 12-03-2012, 05:58 AM   #1400
Big Yapper!

Oh, wow! I live by streaming video online. I have TV but prefer things like Netflix. That must make it very hard for you, living out in the beautiful "boonies." Just ignore any videos I post in the future.

Woke very early today but still weighed. Down some more but not as much as if I had slept later and weighed late in the morning. I love waking up in the mornings, though. I hope I can continue doing this and have it feel natural.

Have a nice day, ladies. I have the farm later today and I was asked to come in early to long-line exercise two horses who need to be worked. It will be a new experience for me so wish me luck!
Old 12-03-2012, 09:37 AM   #1401
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning chickie poos,

for the 100s Cheryl. WTG.

Deb

Well I just couldn’t get my brain back to VLC after Thanksgiving. So I stopped fighting it and went to Fat Fast and then Nutritional Ketosis. LDW was 137.8, today I'm 136. So pretty happy about things right now.

Hope you all have a lovely day!
Old 12-03-2012, 09:46 AM   #1402
Big Yapper!

You're doing great, Terri! WTG! I'm glad you're enjoying your plan. I'm very relieved to be back in the 100's again. I can't believe I ever left. I thought I had put the 2's behind me for the rest of my life. This time I have! I will make sure of that.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:08 PM   #1403
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WTG
So happy for both of you! Whoo Hoo!

I'm doing good. Saw Dr. today & he confirmed that my Thyroid levels were below optimal, so I've found the "spot" where I'm going to have to alternate my meds to keep it balanced. I'm pretty happy about that. Soon I should have it regulated. Definitely have been feeling great for the most-part.

I'm so happy for you Cheryl, to be getting back to early-day schedules & discipline. Its all going to really help bring everything back into balance.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:38 PM   #1404
Big Yapper!

That's terrific, Debby! Thyroid levels being balanced is key to everything in how we feel and how well we can maintain (or lose) our weight. I have no idea where my labs are right now. I have some that need to be drawn but Medicare has changed their rules and unless the TSH is "abnormal" (Whatever that means) they will only pay to check a T3 or T4 once a year. What's the point?

I'm BEYOND tired today after doing the farm for 4 hours of intensive work. I got to free longe three horses but it wore me out. There was only myself and the equine care manager. There were no volunteer lessons like last week and I didn't get the email that the lessons were cancelled. In fact, I had no idea that I was going in early for nothing. Live and learn, but I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do differently next time. I guess I'll just call the equine manager before leaving the house. I hate those kinds of surprises.

And I really hit the wall at the farm. I just need to take better care of myself; especially on farm days. I can't ever go without eating something of substance and taking my vitamins and drinking lots of water. I need to lay off the coffee on farm days. I felt like I was going to collapse at two different spaces in time today. I had to sit down and try to recover and it did little to make me better.

Please don't tell me that HCG is not what I should be doing! (Directing this primarily to lurkers with good intentions.) I love you but please don't say anything that is going to spoil my momentum. I need to share as I go and learn things the way I learn things. The weight is coming off nicely but I need to make a few changes. I can't do that kind of work on an empty stomach.

So, it's time for bed. I am whipped! Talk to you all again tomorrow. I will weigh and see where I'm at in the morning. So far, I'm very pleased. Keeping my calories between 800 and over 1000 on most days and not keeping it low fat, either.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:38 PM   #1405
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Nobody needs to tell you a thing my friend, you already have the answer HCG or no:
"I just need to take better care of myself; especially on farm days. I can't ever go without eating something of substance and taking my vitamins and drinking lots of water. I need to lay off the coffee on farm days."

Sweet dreams!
Old 12-03-2012, 09:16 PM   #1406
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/161.6/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Hey! Glad you're losing!! WTG!! Man, this is a hard time of year to be following P2! I'm impressed!! I will most likely be doing another round in Jan. myself. I'd still like to relose the weight I've gained, but I've kinda' lost my momentum a bit. Sigh. Such is life. All part of figuring it out for the long run!!

Hope the weather isn't too rough on you up there!! Still sunny and 80 here!! Come visit .

Terri and Debby!!
Old 12-03-2012, 09:37 PM   #1407
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi girls!

Yes, Cheryl, I'm hopeful! It takes 2-3 days to feel the effect of changes. I'm now starting to feel the "chill" of not taking enough, so time to start alternating.

We had our practice for Sunday's song. Its going to be so much more fun, because this song is more upbeat & we all know it really well. Also the dress period is 1939 this time & easier to do. Although I need some help to figure out what to do with my head... I don't have any hats & my hair doesn't really do the "old fashioned" style... might need to try bobby pins!
Old 12-04-2012, 09:49 AM   #1408
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriMM View Post
Nobody needs to tell you a thing my friend, you already have the answer HCG or no:
"I just need to take better care of myself; especially on farm days. I can't ever go without eating something of substance and taking my vitamins and drinking lots of water. I need to lay off the coffee on farm days."

Sweet dreams!
Thanks, honey! That's what I need to hear! Every day is a learn experience. And boy oh boy is my weight coming off this time around. And I'm way more rogue than I've ever been. I'll go into more detail at the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Hey! Glad you're losing!! WTG!! Man, this is a hard time of year to be following P2! I'm impressed!! I will most likely be doing another round in Jan. myself. I'd still like to relose the weight I've gained, but I've kinda' lost my momentum a bit. Sigh. Such is life. All part of figuring it out for the long run!!

Hope the weather isn't too rough on you up there!! Still sunny and 80 here!! Come visit .

Terri and Debby!!
As I said, I'm not exactly in a P2 per se. I'll tell all toward the end. January for another short round sounds perfect for you. I don't blame you. After that trip to CA with your family and friends, I guess you need to press "reset" and get back to normal.

It's foggy up here today and in the upper 40's right now. New England. Like a box of chocolate. (Love Forest Gump.) Don't tempt me about coming to visit! I haven't been out West since I drove away in my car on July 1st, 2000. I love it out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Hi girls!

Yes, Cheryl, I'm hopeful! It takes 2-3 days to feel the effect of changes. I'm now starting to feel the "chill" of not taking enough, so time to start alternating.

We had our practice for Sunday's song. Its going to be so much more fun, because this song is more upbeat & we all know it really well. Also the dress period is 1939 this time & easier to do. Although I need some help to figure out what to do with my head... I don't have any hats & my hair doesn't really do the "old fashioned" style... might need to try bobby pins!
Didn't you say there was a place to go and view a picture of your costume? I can't find it now. Maybe it's on Julie's journal? I want to see it. I'm trying to picture how you need your hair to be. Wish I could help! I haven't got a clue. I hope you start feeling optimal on the thyroid meds.

Okay. I said I'd spill so I will. So far, I've kept it very simple and cheap. I drink 3 or 4 mugs of coffee that I've "seasoned" with cinnamon before brewing. I ate 1 T of light whipping cream and 3 drops of Ez Sweetz (almost out, then I'm going to use my powdered Splenda.) My first actual meal is usually pretty late in the day, near dinner.

I eat a regular sized can of tuna fish and measure out 2 T of regular mayo (Hellman's or "Best Foods", as they call it out West.) I eat that out of the bowl with a fork. Later in the evening I take one of my free bagels (still have some from dumpster diving at DD.) I refresh the bagel in the toaster oven after drenching it in hot, hot water for 20 seconds or so.

I take the bagel out of the toaster oven and put 1 oz of regular cream cheese on it, after cutting it into two pieces. Sometimes later in the evening, I make another bagel but I use zero calorie butter spray on it.

I track all my calories and log in my weights and such. In a word, I am elated! Yesterday I was so tired after the farm that I didn't want to even take the effort (and I do mean effort) to make the tuna. I did and I was proud of myself for not driving to McDonald's for something quick and already made for me.

After the tuna salad, I made something different. I skipped the bagel and cream cheese and made a Top Ramen chicken flavored soup. I didn't add any soy sauce (which I always do) and I left it completely plain. Nuked it up so that the noodles expand and soak up most of the fluid, the way I like them to be. It has MSG in the flavor packet so I was concerned that it would prevent me from losing today but I'm down 1.2 more lbs today.

Yesterday was the first day I was right at 800 calories. Most other days I'm a thousand or 1200. I can hardly believe this is happening but it is! I'm going to just keep doing what I'm doing and see how much money I can save on food this month. The bagels are free, I am stocked to the gills with mayo (last time it was on sale I bought 4) and the only things I'll need to keep buying are coffee, cream (will switch to half and half) and cream cheese. Ramens will also need to be bought but those are cheap, too.

So, don't feel sorry for me! This is a pleasant way to go and it's working. I can NOT complain.

PS: I am changing my current weight in the details to the left, rather than creating a long siggy ticker. So if you are wondering where I'm at, just look over there. I'm almost to 10 lbs already. I was 205.4 post load.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:05 AM   #1409
Big Yapper!

Went to change a few typos in the above post but it was too late. So, sorry but you'll have to try and figure out what I was trying to say.

Last edited by CherylB; 12-04-2012 at 11:07 AM..
Old 12-04-2012, 11:26 AM   #1410
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WTG Cheryl You go Girl!
Closed Thread