Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2012, 08:59 PM   #1351
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Sounds great Cheryl! Hope you get the "part-time" position you're looking for. It does sound like a long commute, but its a start. I think once you get back to working it gets easier to find jobs, for some reason. (was for me).

I had a good day. My neighbor came over with her pup & we all had a good hike through the trees & snow. Shelby's done tuckered out!

It was a good day at home for me. Hope yours was too!

Blessings,
Debby

Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2012, 09:28 AM   #1352
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Well, they are looking for someone who wants to be "in it for the long haul" and become part of their team. If I get the job, I will be staying with it. No matter how much it ends up costing me in gas, I'll still come out much better off than I am right now. I just put a thank you card in the mail. I got a lot of encouragement to do that on the horse lover's thread. So long as the mail man picks it up, she should get it Monday.

Sounds like you had a lovely time out there, romping in the snow! I love to look at the pictures you posted. Glad you put them on my journal. I can check them out whenever I want to. I saw that you posted them on FB, too. So good that they need to be shared!

I'm "going in," as they say. I took my last sip of my last beer at 9 pm. I am going to do a little more research and if it truly is only 24 hours you need to abstain before taking the Antabuse, I'm going to take my first dose at 11 tonight. Wish me luck!

Now I need to do more research to be sure I find out where alcohol lies sneaking. For instance, Vanilla extract has alcohol in it so I won't be able to use that. O'Douls has a trace amount, so that's out too. (I didn't plan to drink those. I want to stop wasting money!) I need to find out about all the products that contain "sugar alcohols." I do NOT want to find out the hard way.

I'm doing some much-needed housework and then I've got farm chores later on. (The usual place I volunteer.) It's lovely and sunny and it's wonderful to finally be stuck in a nice weather pattern! We have a massive high pressure area that is keeping all the yucky weather away. Thank you, God!!!

Have a great day, ladies. Turkey day is coming up fast! Tammy, you still out there? You haven't chimed in in such a long time. I hope you're okay.
Old 11-17-2012, 08:00 PM   #1353
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Cheryl,
I put a few more pics on my facebook of the horse-ride.
Hope you're able to accomplish your goals & get the job!

My poor puppy got sick. She's been lethargic all day & not eating. We think its the grease she ate after my bbq fire last night. Took her in & got shots, hoping & praying she pulls through.
Old 11-17-2012, 08:09 PM   #1354
Big Yapper!

Oh, no! I will pray for her. When I adopted Cisco, she got super ill soon after, too. They took her into the vet and started an IV but even before that, they were giving her those fluid boluses under her skin (where they get this ginormous bulge until the fluid infuses their tissues.) She wasn't able to eat or drink and they could only say that it was some generalized virus. She was negative for parvo, etc. I hope your baby gets well soon. God bless and comfort you in the process. A sick baby is a terrible thing. Fur or no fur.

I did see the new pictures on FB. Someone commented "Jealous" and I said, "Me too!" Which one of the people in the pics is you? I found it hard to recognize you with all the winter garb on. It looks so cold but also so incredibly beautiful. I wish I could come over!

Off to pray for your dear, sweet dog. I hope you all get some rest and peace tonight.

PS: Took my first Antabuse tonight. It was 25.5 hours since that last sip of beer and I was afraid it was not really going to be okay that soon afterward, but the literature says 24 hours. I feel very mildly icky but at least I'm not heaving and headachey. I may be okay! And now I can just take that pill every night and the ability to cave to temptation to drink when life gets frustrating or I get angry over something is out the window. I can't! That's that. No going back and forth with "should I or shouldn't I?" The answer is HELL NO!

Last edited by CherylB; 11-17-2012 at 08:13 PM..
Old 11-17-2012, 08:43 PM   #1355
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh good. Yeah, I'm not in any of the pics of the horses. I was behind the camera.

Good for you! glad you didn't get sick. I was just watching a Dr Oz show that I'd PVR'd. It talked a lot about the effects of stress. One thing they suggested was Valerian Root. Supposed to take it at night & what I didn't know is it gives a calming effect for 24 hrs. Might be worth a shot. Also helps sleep. Actually, exercise does both those things too! It was also on Sensa. Ever heard of it? sprinkle on food to make you satisfied sooner.

Thanks for the prayers, she is still lethargic.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:24 AM   #1356
Big Yapper!

Oh, that's why! Someone commented on FB: "You look good!" So that's why I wondered which one was you.

She's lethargic but is she eating and drinking? How is her stool? If she's dehydrating, it's very dangerous. She might need those subcutaneous fluids. I just hope she's much better soon.

I will look into the Valerian Root. I'm not really in need of it, I guess. Exercising did nothing for my insomnia for the solid month that I did it religiously. Maybe it takes longer than that, and maybe I have to work out even longer each session. I'm not ready to go back yet. I weigh even more now than I did when I rejoined the gym and was going.

In fact, yesterday I really stuck to the 1200 calories and logged everything into the online tracker. Took the first Antabuse, felt a tiny bit queasy for a while but it passed (a 1 out of 10). Got up today and weighed and to my horror, I'm back in the 200's. I wish to God I hadn't weighed. I was 195.8 just on Thursday! I didn't weigh yesterday so maybe I should have. This Antabuse stuff better not make weight loss harder!

Well, today is another 1200 calorie day. I will soldier on. I hope everyone has a nice day. Debby, take good care of your baby.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:58 AM   #1357
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Cheryl,
She looks very thin, but better. Only taking small amounts of water. I'm going to try to feed her later today. Might give her some turkey. Not interested in food yet. Still sleeping curled up (sore tummy).

That weight gain is most likely from the carbs you added. I would think that it will even out soon. I used to get that "carb" gain when I switched from low carb. Its just water weight. Hang in there! Soon you'll have a job & can afford to go back to low-carb!

Have a great day!
Old 11-18-2012, 10:51 AM   #1358
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/135/129-131
Cheryl - did you read the literature that came with the medicine? I hope weight gain is not a side effect. Try not to freak out too much. Keep tracking. Try to limit your carbs to early in the day versus evening, jmo.
You could be retaining for whatever reason. Does it seem like you are?
Old 11-18-2012, 11:25 AM   #1359
Big Yapper!

Trust me. I read everything I could get my hands on before swallowing that first pill. I'll be fine. And I'll get in the groove with calorie counting. I'll weigh again this time next week and see where I'm at. This is going to take some serious time, apparently.
Old 11-18-2012, 03:43 PM   #1360

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Trust me. I read everything I could get my hands on before swallowing that first pill. I'll be fine. And I'll get in the groove with calorie counting. I'll weigh again this time next week and see where I'm at. This is going to take some serious time, apparently.
Old 11-18-2012, 04:51 PM   #1361
Big Yapper!

Actually ladies, I've been doing some thinking. I'm in the midst of making some big changes these days and I think LCF needs to be one of them. So often I check in here to find that nobody's around (not my journal but all my threads I keep up with.) I wonder where everyone is and get frustrated when I return again a while later and there's still no sign of life. It just shows me that I really do need to change my focus.

So, don't be worried about me but I'm going to take some time off from the forum. I need to do something other than type and be stationary. I need to get back to the gym, do more domestic things around here, walk the dog, actually set aside some time to spend with God, etc. I think I've been on here way too much, telling way too many intimate things. Seems every thought, feeling, fear or concern I have gets plastered where anyone with Google can find it. Maybe I shouldn't be so transparent all the time.

Not signing off forever, but for a while. Maybe we should all take a look at our lives and see if there isn't something that needs more of our attention these days.

Happy Thanksgiving! Blessings to all of you. Be safe and be well.
Old 11-18-2012, 04:54 PM   #1362

Cheryl,

I GET what you are saying. Thanks for letting us know. I'll be on here a whole lot less until after the 1st of the year. We hit the road tomorrow! Wishing you a blessed Thanksgiving.
Old 11-18-2012, 04:55 PM   #1363
Big Yapper!

HAVE A FABULOUS TIME!!!!! Love you, honey!
Old 11-18-2012, 05:02 PM   #1364

Thanks, Dear!! Wishing you a wonderful time of reflection and refreshment.
Old 11-18-2012, 06:02 PM   #1365
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hope things go well for you as you seek God & balance.
Blessings,
Debby
Old 11-18-2012, 08:12 PM   #1366
KOO

Gallery: KOO
Stats: Starting 183(2/06)now below....
WOE: Hcg 9/12/12...142.5/134/130
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Actually ladies, I've been doing some thinking. I'm in the midst of making some big changes these days and I think LCF needs to be one of them. So often I check in here to find that nobody's around (not my journal but all my threads I keep up with.) I wonder where everyone is and get frustrated when I return again a while later and there's still no sign of life. It just shows me that I really do need to change my focus.

So, don't be worried about me but I'm going to take some time off from the forum. I need to do something other than type and be stationary. I need to get back to the gym, do more domestic things around here, walk the dog, actually set aside some time to spend with God, etc. I think I've been on here way too much, telling way too many intimate things. Seems every thought, feeling, fear or concern I have gets plastered where anyone with Google can find it. Maybe I shouldn't be so transparent all the time.

Not signing off forever, but for a while. Maybe we should all take a look at our lives and see if there isn't something that needs more of our attention these days.

Happy Thanksgiving! Blessings to all of you. Be safe and be well.
Hi Cheryl, I totally get what you are saying. I think this place can be an addiction just like anything else. Will miss you in the word games. Happy Thanksgiving to you!
Old 11-19-2012, 08:54 PM   #1367
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lola001
Stats: 68.2/67.1/50
WOE: Atkins 72 post preggy
Start Date: begin 15 April 2009
Hi Cheryl

Take care. Come around when you are feeling better. It is important to find a balance between staying online and getting active.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:39 PM   #1368
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: baileygirl3
Stats: 177/135/135
WOE: Low Carb
Hi Cheryl! I can relate to what you are saying. I had to take a break from my virtual life for a while. I still come back to check on things but it was all becoming to overwhelming and I was forgetting things in my real life. Facebook can do that people too, thats why I don't have an account. Its good though to have a support group, but I had to learn that people in my life I see everyday can be just as helpful to me.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:32 AM   #1369
Big Yapper!

Hi, ladies. I'm missing y'all and I really am tempted to come back but for now, I know I need to do this. HOWEVER, I had to change my Avi in the meantime. I found this stunning picture online and it takes my breath away. To see it as a computer background is truly amazing. You'll have to use your imagination when looking at the Avi.

Love you all and will be back soon.
Old 11-22-2012, 10:59 AM   #1370
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 147/143/128
WOE: LC
Just stopping by to wish everyone a wonderful and joyous Thanksgiving.
I feel truely blessed to have found the friends and support I have found here!
Old 11-26-2012, 05:32 AM   #1371
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lola001
Stats: 68.2/67.1/50
WOE: Atkins 72 post preggy
Start Date: begin 15 April 2009
Hi Cheryl

Hope that you are having a good Thanksgiving.
Enjoy your break.
Love you and miss your chatter on the atkins 72 thread.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:03 AM   #1372
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/161.6/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Hey Cheryl-just checking on you! I agree a balance is a good thing. I'm sure you'll find the right balance and be able to pop in but keep your healthy lifestyle going too. I'm heading back to the gym too! I am so in need of healthy exercise.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:14 PM   #1373
Big Yapper!

Just waving hello to my friends! Been laying low but today was an unusual day for me. Things are starting to show signs that they're changing for the better. I'm getting validated! How wonderful when that happens.

That's all I want to say for right now. Still no word about that job but it's still too soon for that. I hope this is the beginning of a wonderful winter. Peace and love to each of you tonight.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:33 PM   #1374
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Cheryl!
I'm so happy to hear things are going well for you! PTL!!
Thanks for checking in.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:52 PM   #1375
Big Yapper!

Praise the Lord is right! I feel the tide starting to turn. I will hang onto this feeling and try to have faith. I'll be back periodically to let you all know I'm still around. Thanks for all your support, ladies.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:07 AM   #1376
Big Yapper!

I'm back! I can't leave this site for very long. It's like it's a part of my very DNA now. We're "fused together."

It's snowing right now and it's so pretty! I should go grab my Christmas tree and set it up while the snow is falling. That would be lovely. Maybe I will! Put on some Christmas tunes and do the tree. If I do, I'll take a pic and post it.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:21 AM   #1377
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That sounds like a lovely day! So happy you're back and things are looking up!
Old 11-27-2012, 02:04 PM   #1378
Big Yapper!

Thanks, Terri. How are you doing?
Old 11-27-2012, 03:39 PM   #1379
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Cheryl!
I'm doing well. I finally got my car replaced and probably gained 6-8 pounds in the process with all the eating on the road. I got the cutest little Honda Civic Coupe. Very sporty and incredible gas mileage.

So I started another round the Sunday before Thanksgiving, lost a little over six and then promptly gained two back yesterday So today I'm doing a beef day, still taking my pellets and trying to decide whether to go back to my rogue P2 or fat fast from here. I really hadn't planned on doing a round at the moment, I just panicked when I realized where I was and didn't want it to be 20 by the time the holidays were over. Dieting during the holidays kind of works for me since I’m very rogue at the best of times and that way I don't shove every available treat in my mouth whether it's worth it or not. If something is worth it I'll generally allow myself a bit and then quickly close the gates of opportunity.

I haven't had a chance to do any back reading. I didn't even realize you had taken a break until after I posted my Thanksgiving greeting. I've been a bit MIA myself. How have you been? The last couple posts of yours I’ve read sound very positive, very happy for you!
Old 11-27-2012, 05:34 PM   #1380
Big Yapper!

Long story. No things have not been terrific with me. I'm coming out of a deep, dark depression. I can't go into detail but I'm beginning to come out of it. Dumpster diving at dunkin donuts is something I should have never started doing because now it's very difficult not to do. And that is the reason why I'm back over 200 lbs again.

I'm taking the Antabuse and all is fine with that. If for no other reason, this drug is going to be worth taking simply for the $$$ I won't be spending on beer, wine and vodka. I love to be able to just "turn it off." If ever I go on a whirl-wind tour of Napa Valley, I'll take some time off taking the drug and enjoy the experience.

I put up and decorated the Christmas tree today, while the snow fell. It was very nice. I turned on the "sounds of the season" on the cable tv and it was delightful. The tree is pretty and I also put various other decorations all around the house. I have this new phone and I'm trying to get accustomed to it but truthfully, I wish I could go back to my blackberry. I knew I had it good but succumbed to pressure to "upgrade." Bleck!

Sorry. Got distracted and led away from the computer and forgot where I was. Anyway, things are looking festive at my house tonight. Still lightly snowing outside but not much accumulation expected.

I'm glad you love your new car, Terri! Economical is very important. My next car will be better on gas but I'm still hoping to get another 10 years or so out of my Grand Prix. I love my car. We've been through a lot together over the past 12 years. Yikes! 12 years? Holy Toledo!

So you are or you aren't on a round right now? I'm confused. I don't remember if I wrote it here or if it was on the rogue hcg thread but I'm going to start again. Please, ladies. No words of caution this time. I need to do what I need to do. Anything that can get me back on the road to control and happiness is the road I need to travel down; and FAST.

I feel like I am wandering all around this post so I'm going to post it now. It's been in the making for 30 minutes or more.

Last edited by CherylB; 11-27-2012 at 05:35 PM..
Closed Thread