Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2012, 10:01 PM   #1321
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
We had a blast shopping to fill Samaritan Purse Christmas Child boxes with the grandkids. They also got a little horse-ride around the front yard. Bareback & in the snow. Our neighbor stopped by to let the pups meet each other (she & her friends were riding horses through our fields). All in all, it was a two thumbs up day for the kiddo's.
Its sure nice to have an extra day off on the week-end. Dh even took it off.
I'm still trying to figure out what foods to add to my diet. Need to slowly add some carbs, but not sure what or how much. Anybody know a place to see a transition from low carb to maintenance?

Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2012, 08:26 AM   #1322
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by catjrow3 View Post
Cheryl, I totally would understand if you take this post and tell me where to shove it... I dont post often, but I do read most all of your posts and sympathize with you on your journey. I am going through alot of the same things... You posted about restarting HCG and loading and I cringed.... from reading your own journey, this sounds like a terrible mistake. HCG will probably make it worse... and you loading (again) will only add more pounds to what you are trying to lose, and you will probably have an event or Thanksgiving or something will come up, you will fall off it ... as its not a sustainable diet at all and you will be feeling worse than you do now. The best thing (in my own opinion; and of course, tell me to shut up again anytime now) would be to lay off the HCG. its evil!! And I swear, every time I try it for the same reason, just want to lose quicker, it has the opposite effect... and your history it does the same thing... LC and weight training and the gym...those are great ideas! We have to take the slower loss and actually maintain them then think we can do it quicker and fail and just gain more over and over and over again with HCG!! Maybe check your carb counts? the calories... while you do not have to count on Atkins... calories do matter!! Atkins says so himself. I am actually doing or started with ATkins, and switched to NK (nutritional ketosis) same idea, but alot less protein and alot more fat!! Its hard to eat a lot of fat!! But this week (after a bad weekend of eating of course before it) i was back down 8 lbs. I am not craving carbs, not really too hungry either, which for me is amazing, and I am still working out with weights/cardio... Just wanted to give you a cyber hug and see if I convince you not to go to the HCG!! I truly think it will do more harm than good, and the loading weight will just add more to the problem at hand. Hope you dont mind my "2 cents" Hugs, Cathy
Cathy!! Good to "see" you and glad you're still fighting the fight!!

I agree w. Cathy. Don't do another round of hcg. Sounds like you're not planning on it anyway, but just adding to that "camp". I only turned to hcg after years of LC and exercise couldn't budge the scale at all. If I could lose any other way I would do it! Believe me!! But, since I couldn't lose any other way and was very committed to the protocol and stuck to it, I've done well with it. It's not an easy plan (as you know!!) but it works if it's done well, with the right mindset that it's a 9-12 week plan not just 3 weeks. (sorry Cathy! I don't mean to insult you or disagree w. you. I've had failed rounds on hcg too, but that's because I messed it up, went too far off protocol and didn't stick the stabilization). The stabilization and transition phases are as important as the losing phase and it all needs to be taken seriously and with sacrifice. If you average out the losses that way, over 9 weeks, 15lbs isn't that great or fast of a loss. Most people could easily achieve that loss with other plans.

NK is a good option too. More like FF meets Atkins . Higher fat, lower protein, low carb. I've eaten that way recently w. good success.

Not sure what, if anything, the hhcg will add to Atkins? you should be enjoying reduced appetite by ketosis alone. Are you? i just added resversatrol and pterostilbene today. Supposed to help w. appetite suppression (among other good things). We'll see if it helps.

I know it's hard w. the ups and downs. What about just doing a weekly weigh in? You can track your losses and avoid the emotional turmoil the daily weighing brings? How much have you lost from your start of Atkins? And how long total have you been doing LC? I know you had a bump up there too. I bet if you look at the big picture you'll be pleased w. how you've done.

The exercise is great Keep it up!! WTG!! That'll also mess w. the scale, but over time you'll see the results from that more in your clothing than anywhere else.
I always gain when I lift weights or work out. I still like how I feel, but don't like seeing the scale climb or my jeans get tight!

Hang in there!! Enjoy Thanksgiving w. your family. Very wise to bring your own options. I always make Lindasue's twice baked cauliflower and pumpkin cheesecake. That keeps me on plan and happy!

I leave in the mornign for Ca. I'll be online when I can, but no promises

Last edited by julieboolie; 11-13-2012 at 08:29 AM..
Old 11-13-2012, 09:22 AM   #1323
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Riding horses in your fields. I'm melting inside, picturing that. I used to love riding freely when I was a teen. Sounds like you had a wonderful day, Debby. How did the two dogs like each other?

As far as how to test out maintenance foods, are you doing Atkins or just calling it LC? Atkins has those steps up the ladder where you introduce foods one at a time and see if you can tolerate them. That takes a lot of patience. I hope you find a way to slide into maintenance and make it look easy.

Now, speaking of the firestorm that has started over my simply mentioning that I might try to add the pellets into my Atkins plan, I'm surprised at the reaction. I have been on Atkins for just over a week and lost (when all was said and done) 4.8 lbs. That's the worst first-week loss of any Atkins attempt I've ever done in my life. I usually drop big numbers the first month. Like 14 lbs the first month, then month two skids to an almost full stop. That's why I did rogue hhcg in the first place.

Julie, you said you do HCG because you can't lose any other way. Well, I'm getting the feeling that is how I'm becoming. That's why I decided (and I did decide) to add in the pellets to my Atkins plan and see how things go from there.

It's got nothing to do with hunger. I haven't got "hunger" but I do have "appetite", iykwim. I know I make it sound like I'm stuffing my face but what I'm doing is eating things that are very caloric, like the chili. In my mind, it's LC and I can eat it without fear. But if you eat it over and over for multiple meals in one day, that appears to not be working well for me.

I think I'm going to stop all the cooking and recipe making and just keep it boring and simple. Bacon and eggs, cheese for a snack, coffee with cream. But if that's what it takes to lose on Atkins, I obviously can't maintain that. Who would want to eat those things day in and day out? Not this girl!

So, ladies, thanks for your concern but I'm not going off the deep end. I will see how things change and if they don't change, I'll stop wasting my pellets. I'll be posting my progress or lack thereof and you'll see how things go. (And I took my weight loss ticker out because it upsets me to see it not moving. I will weigh less often.)

Pumpkin cheesecake? I'm going to look that up. I've done the pumpkin bake and that was nice.

God bless all of you on your trip to CA! I hope you have the best time ever.

Last edited by CherylB; 11-13-2012 at 09:24 AM..
Old 11-13-2012, 10:20 AM   #1324
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catjrow3
Stats: 240/177/150
WOE: NK - LCHF
Start Date: 05/18/2013 (restart of course)
Cheryl 4.8 lbs in a week is great!! If you average that for a month, you would be looking at almost 15-20 lb in a month... does not sound like that is LC/atkins not working for you.

Okay, I said what I was thinking, now I am dropping back into lurkdom! Good luck with your pellets!
Old 11-13-2012, 11:03 AM   #1325
Big Yapper!

We all know that isn't how it works, but I do like your optimism. Nice to see you and nice to know you're "out there somewhere." I will keep up the good fight and hope that you are, too.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:05 AM   #1326
Big Yapper!

PS: Who's the baby in your Avi? So cute!
Old 11-13-2012, 01:47 PM   #1327
Major LCF Poster!

Its my grandson.. He is 6 months old!
Old 11-13-2012, 03:27 PM   #1328
Big Yapper!

He's a living doll! Lucky and blessed you.

I have some surprising news. I got a call today from a trainer at an equine boarding and training facility. I had responded weeks ago to an add I found online. I got an email some time later from this woman saying she had forwarded my email on to this trainer. It was about a week later before she called me and left a message on my voicemail.

So that call came today! I called her back and we talked briefly. She said she doesn't have a position open at the moment but thinks there's a good chance one will be opening up. She said the woman who forwarded my email to her really loved my email and was impressed. So I'm going down to meet the trainer and see the facility Friday at noon! Please say a prayer, wish me luck and all that jazz. I need a job and I am pretty desperate.

SO desperate that I just got back from going to the local food pantry. I find it pretty difficult to locate food that I can actually have on a LC plan but I go and I hope. I took the least amount of food and other stuff of anytime I've ever been there. The only food they had in the refrigerator was "butter." I got home and saw that it was actually margarine but you know how some people just call it butter. Well, I don't eat margarine. It's terrible for you.

So for my effort, I got one roll of toilet paper (one of the last 3 rolls on the shelf), a bottle of shampoo that's designed for men with scalp problems, two cans of tuna, a thing of coffee and some other things I shouldn't have taken.

Oh! And I failed my first attempt at Dumpster Diving last night. I went to the local grocery store and went to check to see if they throw out the meat and things that are now past the "sell by" date and the dumpster is this high tech gizmo that I couldn't figure out how to open. They are very protective of their trash.

I wasn't going to share that little experience with any of you but since I'm telling you how much I need this job (or the right job soon), you'll really get the picture. And maybe pray harder.

In the meantime, I'm going to let this experience of the food pantry tonight and the knowledge that I need to get it together in order to land a job, spur me on and get me back in high-gear. I lose hope sometimes and I go off the tracks and then I'm in the ditch.

So, stepping out of the confessional now. Hope I don't regret posting this.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:32 PM   #1329
Major LCF Poster!

You should not be worried about posting it. Its totally unfortunate, but also part of life. I hope with all my willpower that you get a job soon! Its hard to be so broke you are not sure what to eat! cyber hugs! And thanks about my GS... he is a cutie for sure! So happy too.. all he does is laugh and laugh... (very unlike his mother, who was an unhappy child at this age)..
Old 11-13-2012, 03:37 PM   #1330
Big Yapper!

Thanks, Cathy.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:53 PM   #1331
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Riding horses in your fields. I'm melting inside, picturing that. I used to love riding freely when I was a teen. Sounds like you had a wonderful day, Debby. How did the two dogs like each other?

As far as how to test out maintenance foods, are you doing Atkins or just calling it LC? Atkins has those steps up the ladder where you introduce foods one at a time and see if you can tolerate them. That takes a lot of patience. I hope you find a way to slide into maintenance and make it look easy.
I'm going to post a picture of the kids & neighbors on the horses... later, for you.
The three dogs (all young) loved each other. But the oldest was a bit too rough for Shelby, so she kept holding back. However she got lots of rolls, tumbles & running in. The oldest is a border collie mix & found some calves, so she was super "psyched"! They had to put her on a leash & walk her back so she'd let them alone!
I sure hope you find a job soon! We did the dumpster-diving at times ourselves. I hope you can figure out how to get in that one. Here at Safeway here allows one person to pick up their stuff & distribute. One of our retired pastors used to do it a couple times a week. Salvation army also seems to get it. Wouldn't hurt to ask? Might ask the butchers what they do with out-dated meat?

My Dr appointment went well. He's happy for me, prescribed meds & said not to come in unless they call me after the next blood test. He also gave me a compliment...said I look good, nice color in my face. (maybe the cold air made me pink)!
May God bless you richly, and provide the "perfect" job & food!
PS. Our church gives grocery vouchers for benevolence, when people are "short"; does yours?

Last edited by DebbyL; 11-13-2012 at 05:55 PM..
Old 11-13-2012, 07:13 PM   #1332
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Here you go!
Old 11-13-2012, 07:28 PM   #1333
Big Yapper!

How beautiful! I figured it was gorgeous where you lived but it's so great to see it with my own eyes. Look at those horses! They're so furry with their winter coats. Thank you for sharing those with me.

The store in my town is full of mean butcher guys. They used to slap a $5 off sticker on the large family packs of ground beef on the day that they were about to "expire" but they've really stopped keeping up with that. The other day I was in there, there were about 5 family packs of ground beef that were going to expire at the end of the following day. That's why I thought it would be a good time to try my luck.

I don't attend any church but the food pantry has volunteers that are mostly members from the church next door. CT is largely a Catholic state and I don't know where to find a good non-denominational Christian church in my area. Plus, I've never been one for consistency and I just hate it when you don't go for a week or two or more and then they make such a fuss when you return. I don't want all that. Maybe the ex-Catholic in me.

If I had been in the market for bread the night I went dumpster diving, I would have hit the mother load. There is a Subway in the same shopping plaza and there were bags upon bags of sub rolls in a smaller dumpster.

To be honest, going through the food pantry tonight is weighing on my mind. How can I be so particular about what food I take when I'm this broke? I think I should learn to just count calories and eat like a normal human being. I can't afford to be so picky. Not now and not for the foreseeable future.

I was just reading a thread on LCF where someone was asking about those of us who don't LC and it was interesting. It got me googling and I found a very cool PDF on food exchanges. Like Richard Simmons "Deal a Meal" idea. I just have a lot to think about. Maybe it's just time to grow up and eat like an adult and live an accountable life in every way. I have never grown up.

Very funny about the border collie and WTG on the Dr compliment! You're doing so well. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your support and prayers.
Old 11-14-2012, 02:51 AM   #1334
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/136/129-131
Hello lovely lady!!

I am a calorie counter, and I love it. In fact, I've been using an online tracker, and today it told me I have logged in for 100 days straight. Nothing is off limits, but, I DO stop eating once I've reached my calories. So many times, I think about the fact that if I were not tracking I would probably think I was okay, and keep eating. I'm six months into maintenance and stay within 3 pounds or so mainly due to retention. My stats are current and I update them daily. For me, I am scale obsessed and weigh daily. Eggs are a staple for me, and they are affordable. I tend to scramble one whole egg and 3 egg whites. Tuna pouches are another low calorie affordable staple. We eat more pork than chicken, and it is often less expensive than chicken. You can make a big ole pot of vegetable soup and that will go a long way. Watch the sodium. Oatmeal is affordable. I have peanut butter almost daily on an english muffin.
We are on a tight grocery budget so therefore I rarely buy packaged or processed foods. It saves my wallet and waistline. A gym membership is not in our budget, so we walk 6 days per week for exercise. We may need to resort to mall walking during the winter months.

Dh retired last Friday, and we are hitting the road soon for a celebration trip.

Cheryl, you are a fabulous lady and I hope and pray things turn around for you very soon:hugs.

The BEACH is my HAPPY PLACE.

Old 11-14-2012, 05:20 AM   #1335
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pendragginp
Quote:
Cheryl, you are a fabulous lady and I hope and pray things turn around for you very soon:hugs.
AMEN! I haven't been around much the last few days but I wanted to peek in and see how you were. I'm so sorry things are so tough! I wish I could help!
Old 11-14-2012, 05:52 AM   #1336
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Don't be embarrassed at the dumpster diving!! So much good food is thrown away!!

I "get" your reconsidering LC. Especially w. the availability of free higher carb foods!! Like Marie mentioned, if you watch the poritons and cals you'll be ok w. higher carbs I'm sure. Oatmeal is cheap, good and warm (winter's coming!!) Eggs are great, and I could eat them forever. PB, tuna, dark meat chicken and pork are all inexpensive proteins you can keep in your repertoire!

Hang in there sweetie! Hope this job pans out. Something has to hit soon. He always provides!! I'm praying!!
Old 11-14-2012, 09:26 AM   #1337
Big Yapper!

Wow, people. I didn't expect all this love first thing in the morning! Marie, how wonderful to see you again! I'm so happy to hear that you are doing well and about your dh retiring and that trip you're taking. Let's see. Could it be a ..... cruise? Thank you for encouraging me along the calorie counting road. I've avoided it like the plague and I think I need to finally see what it's all about. Maybe it does get easier over time.

If you can share the online site you use for calorie tracking, I'd love to check it out. I have ****** but I'm less than thrilled with the way the "food bank" is set up. It's often next to impossible to locate the thing you're looking for. Thanks for the suggestions on what to eat that would be budget-friendly.

When I went through the food pantry last night, it was depressing. I completely passed up all cereals and breads, which are at the front of the store. Then I felt guilty as I grabbed one can of meat ravioli (they didn't have any canned meats like roast beef as per their usual). I also passed up on rice, pancakes, crackers, and fresh produce (all starches). It was sad. And all I could think was "I want to get out of here!"

There are usually shelves filled to the brim and then back stock at this time of year, which is the only time people think to donate to the food pantry. For it to be just scraping by shows me the real state of our economy.

Marie, what do you do with the other egg yolks when you use only the whites? I hate throwing away what I consider to be the best part of the egg. Do you give them to your cat or dog? I have done that with Cisco. She loves them but I don't want to make that a routine.

I'm going to post this now before I lose it. This whole thing was primarily directed at you, Marie. So the next ones will be for Plum and Julie. Thanks again so much for popping in. I'd love to know that site, if you can share it.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:36 AM   #1338
Big Yapper!

Thank you, Plum. Things will get better. If I am offered a job at this farm in the near future (the one I'm going to see on Friday), I will take it no matter if it's morning or afternoon. I can't afford to be picky and if I want to work in this particular field, I have to take whatever I can find. I will learn to go to sleep at 8 pm if that is what it takes.

Julie, I thought you were in CA. Go enjoy yourself and don't you worry about me. Thank you ever so much for your prayers. I know the weight that prayers carry and I'm thankful for any that are said on my behalf.

You're right about the "free higher carb foods." Seems sinful to pass them by just because I'm on a special diet. (By choice.) My problem when eating higher carbs is getting enough protein in. Protein powder is expensive and so are things like Boost or Ensure. Better off sticking with the incredible edible egg. (Ever see that commercial?)

It's a gloriously sunny day today and I have my plans. I need to clean out my car and make it pretty so when I drive up to that farm, I don't come off as a total slob. Speaking (once again) of the farm I'll be going to see on Friday, here is the link to their webpage. Well, I'll have to come back with that. I'm apparently having some kind of strange internet glitch.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:40 AM   #1339
Big Yapper!

Stone Horse Farm

Their website isn't entirely finished for some reason but you can see the home page and under the "about" tab, you can go to "the farm."
Old 11-14-2012, 09:42 AM   #1340
Big Yapper!

So, thank you for starting my day off with love! You all rock my world.
Old 11-14-2012, 02:48 PM   #1341
Big Yapper!

Wow! I did great today. I emptied out my car which was full of stuff that's been in "limbo" between houses, then I vacuumed every nook and cranny, topped off fluids under the hood and used a leaf blower to evacuate all the old cedar tree droppings from the old abode. My car can now breathe easier. Then I drove to the car wash and used the hand-held washer and just set it to rinse so I could concentrate on just getting off as much of the dirt as I could. That only cost me $4.

It was FILTHY. The dirt was totally stuck-on. The hood and front end of the car was the worst but I really could have used a sponge to do a good job. It was a race against the clock and I did the best I could. Now I just have to do the windows and leather and dashboard, etc. I want my car to look impressive in case the woman who I'm meeting with on Friday actually sees it. I want to make the best impression I can.

In the process of doing all this, I checked the coolant level because sometimes the low coolant light comes on but it goes off as I'm driving. I just figured it was a phantom but I was wrong! I filled up the reservoir and then went on a drive to do something. (Had to find the leaf blower I have that was still at the old abode.) Got back home to blow out the leaves and when I popped open the hood, I saw a steady dripping of coolant from around the hose near the pressure cap. I opened the reservoir cap, thinking it was pressure and I had over-filled it. But there was no pressure.

Then I noticed that there was a little clamp that had slid off and it was leaking from around (and would continue to leak until I fixed it.) It was all slippery and it was hard to grasp so I used a pair of pliers and fixed it. Then I got a bucket of water to wash away all traces of the antifreeze on the driveway. I know it's deadly to animals and for some weird reason, they lick it up.

I feel really good about what I got accomplished. OMG! And I can not even describe how much dirt was trapped inside the drivers floor mat! I vacuumed it but then I took it over to the stairs and started to beat the dirt out of it, just to be thorough. There was a mini desert in there! I was thinking that I'd get better gas mileage now.

When I do the windows and dash board, it's going to be looking like new. And everyone knows that a clean car runs better. I will try to switch out the wiper blades, too. The passenger side one still has a lot of life left in it. The driver's side one is wrecked.

Also, I discovered that Cisco's underground fence collars are not working. Either that or she is more interested in getting into the car than she is worried of getting shocked. I changed the battery and tested her again. I took the collar off and moved it over the fence line. I heard nothing. Went inside to check the fence indicator and everything looks fine. I need to get to the bottom of it. FAST.

Going to post before something goes wrong. BBL.

Last edited by CherylB; 11-14-2012 at 03:30 PM..
Old 11-14-2012, 03:32 PM   #1342
Big Yapper!

I just emailed my neighbor at the old place and alerted them to the fact of my leaking antifreeze. I told them where I parked and asked if they could take a bucket of water and douse the leaks to protect the neighborhood animals. It's a quiet neighborhood and I know lots of animals roam over there. Cisco used to get that privilege. :/

Last edited by CherylB; 11-14-2012 at 03:45 PM..
Old 11-14-2012, 07:30 PM   #1343
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow Cheryl! Good job on the car! Sure does feel good getting it done, huh? My car is almost always dirty because we live on a dirt road. It dusty inside & always caked on the outside. Washing it lasts like 2 days, if I'm lucky.

I had a good day. Decided to walk Shelby with a leash, to train her not to run so far ahead of me. She's getting a bit too brave. She put up quite the dance trying to get rid of it. I guess I need to learn how to teach her too.

I'm getting ready to buy a Flex Force. Looks like it would be good. Have any of you used one? Apparently strength training is the way to go as we "mature"

I added an apple to my daily diet, cutting back on my prunes... have to make a concentrated effort to eat all my vege's & fruit now. A new project.

Have a good evening!
Old 11-14-2012, 08:51 PM   #1344
Big Yapper!

I never saw a Flex Force but it sounds nice! If you want to train Shelby to be a great dog, check out "the dog whisperer" online or on cable tv. (National Geographic Channel.) He's excellent with dog training. Teaching them to walk well on the leash begins from even moments before you hook the leash to their collar. How you walk out the door together is important. She can never "lead you." You are to exit and enter doorways ahead of her, and she can't walk ahead of you during the walk. (I mean, if you want to do things "Caesars way.")

I SCORED tonight on my second attempt at dumpster diving. Same place and same dumpsters. I found 10 sealed packages of turkey breast from Subway. Totally sealed, just dated 11/10/12. 10 perfectly good packages equalling 16 lbs of perfectly good meat are now in my refrigerator. I froze a couple and put the rest in the refrigerator. I'll vacuum seal the others and that will help them last longer. (I pulled out the ones from the freezer. Tomorrow I'll do it RIGHT.)

THEN I checked the dumpster behind Dunkin Donuts. OMG! Muffins, donuts and bagels galore. And each practically wrapped individually in the paper wraps they instinctively use when they handle donuts they're selling. I got them home and separated them all out. I kept only the best of the muffins, then gave all the bagels and donuts to the food pantry. I bagged them up as well as I could and drove them over there so they will get them in the morning. Friday is one of the days when clients come for their food so I'm hoping they can get those bagged up in individual bags and get them ready for the clients.

I was greedy and kept all the "viable" muffins. The ones that were pretty much pulverized I just threw in the trash. But I can't believe they threw those all away because I know they have a policy to sell the donuts buy 1 get 1 in the evening but they don't do that with the muffins.

Anyway, now that winter is coming and it's so cold at night, the food I find will be all the more edible and I'm going to see what I can grab from now on. I'm pretty psyched, to tell you the truth! I'm going to give a few of those packages of turkey breast to my Mother. As long as I don't tell her they are out-dated, she will be happy to have them. Again, I'll shrink-wrap them up nice and tight.

All in all, a very positive and productive day!

Debby, it's tough keeping a car clean in the wintertime. In fact, it's impossible. But winter isn't quite here yet so I had to do my best to make the car look good before I go for that "interview." Not sure what to call it. Meet and greet? I had a funny experience tonight while driving. The car was still wet enough when it dropped below freezing so the doors and windows were frozen shut.

I was a good girl and stuck to my calorie limit today. Didn't eat a single bite of the donuts and muffins I found. Tomorrow I will calculate them into my total for the day.

I'm tired! Big day. Off to rest now. Debby, let us know how the Flex Force is. Do you plan to buy it soon? I hope you love it! And strength training is the best we old fogies can do to slow the aging process. I'm a fogey too.

Last edited by CherylB; 11-14-2012 at 08:57 PM..
Old 11-14-2012, 09:08 PM   #1345
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow! Awesome! I'm so happy for you!
That will be a great "pick-me-up" for you! what a blessing!
Let that joy just radiate from you, as you go for your interview.

Yes, I think I'll call & order the flex tomorrow. I sent them an email with some questions, see if they answer. There's a TV deal online, which is more then $100 less then Sears is offering it for.

Yes, I love Dog Whisperer. However, since we're on a huge farm, I wasn't really planning on teaching her to walk the same as a city dog, but I may have to, just to get her to stay with me. We have too many coyotes & wolves right now...

Good night!
Old 11-15-2012, 03:57 AM   #1346

Wow, Cheryl, that is a great SCORE!!. The muffins are high in calorie, but, just account for them, and you will be fine. You had a wonderful day overall. It's a sign of good things to come.

Our trip does consist of a cruise, but, only a 4 day cruise. The food and alcohol has always been a big part of my enjoyment, and I can't eat like that anymore! We won't be doing much cruising in the future. There are a few big trips we hope to do like the Panama Canal and Alaska, but, nothing planned in the future. Honestly, we have not prepared properly for retirement. I am not complaining, just saying. Fortunately, dh and I know how to live on little and we will be fine. Neither one of us are spenders.

I forgot to mention that another item I eat almost daily is the 100 calorie bag of popcorn. It feels like such a treat. I eat an apple almost daily too. Lately, Aldi has had the 3 pound bags for $1.89. Do you have Aldi there? My mom gets a lot of great produce at the 99 cent store. Do you have one there? We do not. Oh, the yolks, I throw away. But, they would be great for Sissy. We don't have any animals. We lost our dog to cancer 3 years ago, this month, and it broke my heart. We knew dh was close to retirement so we had to make the decision not to get another. It was mainly a financial decision. It took me over 2 years to get over the loss, but, for now, I know we've made the right decision not to add another family member.

Have a great day!
Old 11-15-2012, 01:52 PM   #1347
Big Yapper!

Big, BIG news! I saw the Dr today and it went well. BP was high but they said all of their patients had high BP's today. (140's/80-90's.) I'm not worried. I'm not high normally so it was something in the atmosphere down there. But, I have other things to report.

I asked him if I could start taking a drug called Antabuse and he said I could!!!! If you've never heard of it, it is a drug that makes you violently ill if you take in any kind of alcohol. You have to have been sober for 24 or more hours before you start taking it once daily and then you can't have booze even for two full weeks after you stop taking it, which totally eliminates the possibility of binging over emotions in the heat of trouble.

I am having one last weekend of beer and then come Saturday night when I go to bed, I begin not drinking. All day Sunday I'll be off booze (and have to be very vigilant about not consuming ANYthing with alcohol in it) and then Monday I begin. I'm excited because I can finally stop the madness. I can NOT afford to drink. Financially, physically or emotionally. It's finito! It's finally going to be history. I can hardly wait.

BUT, I will enjoy these last 18 beers and I will end it all with a tiny bottle of Jose Cuervo gold tequila as a symbolic gesture.

Life off booze will be a hell of a lot cheaper and it will be good to finally say I'm a non-drinker. No willpower required! Learn to handle life without mind-altering liquids.
Old 11-15-2012, 03:29 PM   #1348
Big Yapper!

Thanks Debby. I'm looking forward to the next chapter of my life. I thank God this drug exists. My sister said, "I wish they made a pill that would do that when I ate more than 2000 calories." I would want that pill to kick in around 1500.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:25 AM   #1349

Cheryl, another thing I eat almost daily is a tablespoon of peanut butter on an english muffin. This helps with my sweet tooth which is STILL a struggle. Just recently they had peanut butter on sale for 99 cents a jar. My dh likes to have sugar free jelly on his, and I do too, sometimes. I eat a lot of fresh green beans cooked up...usually when they are 99 cents a pound. I realize food prices are a bit lower where I live. I find that I can get a lot of food for my calories if they are whole foods. For maintenance I eat between 1500-1700 a day. I love to eat, and eat every few hours it seems until my calories run out. Another good question when contemplating a purchase is "is this a want or a need".

Good luck with the Antabuse. I'm so happy for you!!! Prayers for your meet up with the lady today about a possible job.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:25 PM   #1350
Big Yapper!

I LOVE PB on English Muffins. I used to like them with a drizzle of honey on top, too. Messy but so good! I've never been much on Jelly but Orange Marmalade is nice. I think we ALL love to eat, Marie. That's our problem!

I did the meet and greet today. The lady is young and has a one-year old son who is apparently teething or coming down with a cold. She forgot our noon appointment and showed up around 12:40. I was there a little before 12 and when I saw the place, I didn't have a clue where to meet her.

I parked up at the house, which had the number that she gave me (street number.) I opened the door and walked it but it was more like someones personal home and I called out and no one answered. I left and drove down the hill to the barns. I parked and went inside what I thought was the office but once again, nobody's home. I called her and got her voice mail. Sat in the car and scratched my head. Started the car and drove around back.

There was a lady long-lining a horse in the outdoor arena so I parked the car and asked her where I could find the lady. She thought she might have gone to pick someone up who needed a ride. So I drove around to the front of the barn and parked again.

I put my keys and my phone in my pocket but left my purse in the car. I decided to go meet some of the horses that were outside alone in their individual paddocks. Most of them were friendly and came right up to me when I stood at their gate. Some of them are massive! The first one I went up to see was, anyway. It would take both of my hands cupped together to wrap all the way around his muzzle.

He was very into snuggling and I was just soaking it up. He had his chin resting heavily on my right shoulder for a long time and I didn't know what he was actually doing. I let it go on and then after a while I pulled away and saw a big slobber mark on the back of my sweater. "Thanks! Way to make a first impression" I said to him.

I just walked around to each of the horses and looked around the place to keep from going stir crazy. Finally she drove up and parked and she felt really bad about forgetting me. I didn't care. I don't think I would have waited around once an hour had passed, but she did show up so that's all that matters.

I will see how things develop. She said they would be needing someone in about a month and that she'd call me when she knew more. She asked what questions I had and the only one I really did have was about the schedule. She said that mornings were pretty-much covered ("YES!!!") but didn't actually give me a definite answer to my question.

It takes about 30 minutes to get there and although it's a pretty drive, I'm hoping she isn't looking for someone to come on 6 days a week. I'd prefer to work a few days and more hours so I'm making fewer trips. It's 33 miles round trip. But like I said, I'm desperate so I don't care!

The facility is gorgeous! It's everything that the therapeutic riding center hopes to have in the future. Working there would definitely put me in a position to be someone in-the-know when things start to really ramp up at the therapy place. But I'm wondering how much time I'll have (or want) to spend as a volunteer there. I'll know as things develop.

So I got a much bigger horse-fix than I expected to get today. It's all good.
Closed Thread