Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2012, 02:35 AM   #1291
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lola001
Stats: 68.2/67.1/50
WOE: Atkins 72 post preggy
Start Date: begin 15 April 2009
Hi Cheryl - good to see you work out 4 x a week. Re- business is slow, almost non-existent. hubby and LG are doing goood. Hubby also wants to slim down so he wants to eat healthy.
will post day two details on the Atkins 72 thread but just catching up.
that chili sounds real good. Will give it a try.
I think Dr Oz was saying that the lunges is more effective than traditional sit ups. Naturally i take everything on his show with a pinch of salt. I did some lunges with two 4kg kettlebells. What a strain but good stuff!
Enjoy that chili!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2012, 08:49 AM   #1292
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Hey, ladies. Down 1 lb after day 1 and created my new weight loss ticker. I used to LOVE coming onto LCF to change my ticker as my weight went down and now I can do that again. I have to remember that I'm not doing HCG and so the losses won't be so dramatic. Losses are good and I will take whatever I can get.

Need to go vote and then go to an "intake" appointment at 4:30 with a new Dr. It's sunny and cold here. OMG! It was in the low 20's last night! Frigid!! And we've got a Nor'easter coming tomorrow. What next? (I'm almost afraid to ask. Knocking on wood right now.)

I have been enjoying the chili, Lola. I think I ate 4 bowls yesterday! I wasn't even hungry for the last bowl but I wanted something to eat around bedtime and that was easier than making those scrambled eggs. I need to make the sausage and kale soup tomorrow. I bought the stuff I need and I have to keep myself prepared if I'm going to succeed at this new lifestyle.

Have a nice day. I hope we all get the President that will do the greatest good for the American people. AMEN. I'll be shocked if we actually have the results this week.
Old 11-07-2012, 05:43 AM   #1293
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pendragginp
Cheryl, good for you getting back on your eating plan! I love the pics from the farm, and the one of Cissy in front of the fire is just AWWWWW!

It's cold here in Upper Michigan too, and I do think winter is firmly here now. I wish our autumn was longer.

I don't think I ever told you, I feel a bit of a connection with you because we have a similar look in the face.

Have a good day everyone!
Old 11-07-2012, 07:07 AM   #1294
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
I'm in the mid-western part of Connecticut in southern New England (USA). Ah! Yes. That puppy will need to be walked and will need a good snow ball fight on a regular basis. I love to mess with my dog. What kind of dog do you have? Mine's a mutt but the most lovable and precious kind.

Cisco is going to be 10 years old in the beginning of March. I adopted her from a rescue at the age of 8 weeks so I'm just going by when I got her and estimating. I wish I knew what her origins were and what sort of dog she is but it's still anyone's guess.

I had tried giving Cisco enteric coated aspirin with food in the past and I thought she was tolerating it alright and then all of a sudden she was barfing up her food without having digested any. I'm a little slow on the uptake and it didn't become clear for a while. But I'm hoping that the buffered aspirin works better for her. I waited until she had her evening meal of kibble with "gravy" (water) and then after about 10 minutes I slipped an aspirin inside a piece of hot dog. Down the hatch! So far, so good.

I really need it to work because I feel like a bad momma if I can't make her feel better. Ya know? I'm sure you do.

Cross-country skiing? Cool! I've never done that but it seems more my speed than down-hill skiing. I've never done that, either. In fact, there are so many things I've never done.

Donkeys are protectors? I just think he's so cute and comical! There is one dog so I guess we'll have to keep them apart. The dog is not fond of the goats. I guess he doesn't like being charged and head-butted.

I'm just rambling now. I turned my clocks back and it's still after 12, so it's really after 1 am. Just another late night in CT! Diet on Monday. Sunday is another carb-fest. Just couldn't bring myself to dive in when I had so much "good stuff" left to eat.

Off to sleep now. What time is it in BC? Still early yet, huh! You keep that snow up where you live for as long as you can. A little is nice at Christmas, though. In fact, here's a picture I have of my dog in front of the fireplace at the "old abode." (As far as the early rabies shot, they said it won't hurt her. They had better be right.)
What a great pic!! I love fireplaces, sigh. I miss mine!! And what a cute doggie!! I pictured her smaller for some reason .

Hope you're keeping warm and enjoying Atkins. It really lends itself nicely to winter. Crock pot stuff, LC casseroles and quiches, hot coffee All nice LC wintery items!! Enjoy yourself and the losses!! First 2 weeks are great. Once you're through that initial loss, you'll need some encouragement and patience until the scale rewards you. Adding back your exercise will help keep that going for you!! You're doing great!!
Old 11-07-2012, 08:57 AM   #1295
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendragginp View Post
Cheryl, good for you getting back on your eating plan! I love the pics from the farm, and the one of Cissy in front of the fire is just AWWWWW!

It's cold here in Upper Michigan too, and I do think winter is firmly here now. I wish our autumn was longer.

I don't think I ever told you, I feel a bit of a connection with you because we have a similar look in the face.

Have a good day everyone!
Can you post a pic for me so I can see? I'd love to see! I'm glad you enjoyed the pics. I love a good picture. Speaking of it being cold, we are experiencing our first snow fluffies as I type this. It started as I was looking out the kitchen window just a half hour ago. The nor'easter has arrived and until temps warm up, this will be a snow event. Supposed to be changing over to rain. Hope so cause I don't have my shovel moved over here yet!
Old 11-07-2012, 09:11 AM   #1296
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
What a great pic!! I love fireplaces, sigh. I miss mine!! And what a cute doggie!! I pictured her smaller for some reason .

Hope you're keeping warm and enjoying Atkins. It really lends itself nicely to winter. Crock pot stuff, LC casseroles and quiches, hot coffee All nice LC wintery items!! Enjoy yourself and the losses!! First 2 weeks are great. Once you're through that initial loss, you'll need some encouragement and patience until the scale rewards you. Adding back your exercise will help keep that going for you!! You're doing great!!
So did I! When I adopted her, I thought she was a cocker spaniel mix so I expected a much smaller dog. Surprise! But I just love her. She is the love of my life.

I am enjoying Atkins and keeping warm, when I can. I don't have any real reason to leave the house today so I'm going to stay right here and COOK. Yesterday I only had enough chili for one meal and the rest of the day I was searching for something satisfying to consume. It wasn't easy.

I hear that! Winter and Atkins are great together. I will enjoy my pork shoulder butts in the crock pot again, when I end up buying one. Yummy! Yes, the first few weeks on Atkins are so great, then Wham! It all comes to a screeching halt.

I had a huge whoosh this morning! I know it's water because yesterday afternoon I had to urinate so badly all of a sudden that I had an abdominal cramp from a full bladder. Today I'm down 3.6 lbs! I was shocked but very happy. I went to write down the number before I forgot what it was.

I'm hoping that when I begin to exercise again, it will help my losses to pick up some. Thanks for your encouragement, ladies! It is appreciated on this snowy day. (BTW; it is sticking.)

Time to use my hands to drink coffee rather than type. It's the first cup of the day and you know how vital that one is. BBL! Have a lovely day.
Old 11-07-2012, 02:03 PM   #1297
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
WTG Cheryl ! A whoosh is a whoosh! LOL
I heard on the news its snowing up there. Some parts got 4 inches! I hate snow!
I'm not up to much these days. My knees are giving me issues so I'm just icing them and trying to keep up with Chloe!
My son is coming home Dec 13th for 21 days. Last time we'll see him before he deploys. Its depressing.
Watched tv last night and tried to stay awake to see the President, but I fell asleep! He took too long! LOL
I am glad to hear you being so positive about LCing it. KUTGW!
ttys!

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

"He who the Son sets free is free indeed"

Tammy
Old 11-07-2012, 02:28 PM   #1298
Big Yapper!

I'm sorry about your knees, sweetie. I've been wondering about you! Did the Steelers win the other day? I texted you but got no reply. Yes, it's snowing like crazy today. This was not predicted to be like this. I haven't measured it but 4" sounds about right for my area. I took pics but the only one that really looks good is the one I took of Cisco. I'll post it.

That's so wonderful about Shawn coming home for 21 days! How nice that he'll be home during Christmas.

I'm loving LC so far and I'm sure it is due to being prepared. I wasn't loving it yesterday when I was out of chili and had to make eggs and bacon. I made the eggs first and then ate the bacon later on. I wasn't hungry, just looking for something to do! I made another batch of chili today. It won't last me long. Next, I'll make the sausage and kale soup. I don't want to let the kale go bad.

I hope whoever is here reading this has a warm and safe night. Enjoy Cisco's picture:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg First snow, Harwinton Ave 016.jpg (40.7 KB, 11 views)
Old 11-08-2012, 05:09 AM   #1299
Senior LCF Member

I really don't have any pictures of myself that are not years old, Cheryl - HATE having my picture taken. But we are a similar type. Someone else on the board is our type - I'm trying to remember who it was. On the Rogue thread maybe. During the summer. Hmm.

You're doing so well with your LC! I know that feeling of relief when you have immediate results - such a boost!

After pretty much eating whatever I wanted for the last month I was afraid to get on the scale but finally screwed up my courage this morning. Not too bad! At least not as bad as I was fearing. Whew! I'll be gooder again now. I do have more I want to lose but I think I'll be JUDDDish until the holidays are over. I'm at least in a comfortable range where I look okay in my clothes, and I can wear my normal sizes. After the holidays I'll get back on the hcg train at least one more time.

Did your snow stick? Love Cissy in the snow!

Sending a good day to everyone!
Old 11-08-2012, 05:12 AM   #1300
Senior LCF Member

So glad your son is coming home for the holidays, Tammy! And I've meant to tell you how much I like your little stories about your granddaughter. What a cutie!
Old 11-08-2012, 09:27 AM   #1301
Big Yapper!

I remember who you're talking about, Plum. Actually, after you said that yesterday, I was struggling to remember her name, too! It was kind of weird how much she and I looked alike. Even if you post an old pic, I can post an old pic and we can see how we resembled each other even back then. If you don't want to, that's cool. I'm not trying to push.

You screwed up the courage to weigh and you will be gooder again today? You're cute. Actually, I ate so much chili yesterday that I'm up today. I will eat less of that sort of stuff and stick to the trusty eggs and bacon and butter. I know there are TONS of calories in that chili, when I eat so much in one day.

Yes! The snow stuck like glue. It's melting today but we got about 4". Maybe 5". A plow came by and did the two driveways here. I was very surprised and didn't know if I should be running out there to move my car. They did a good job of plowing behind the car and now that it's slowly melting, it will be gone soon enough.

That is SO COOL that you got such a nice surprise when you weighed yourself! I can't do JUDDD. Not good for those who are binge-eaters. The up-days are hard, the down-days are hard. It's just not the right plan for me. I'm happy that some people can do it and really have a good time while losing weight! Holidays are so much easier if you can just do an up-day during them.

I haven't sworn-off using my hhcg pellets in the future, either. I will wait until things really slow down on Atkins, though. Then I'll probably just incorporate the pellets in with my LC plan that I'm already doing. Don't see how that could hurt. Just thinking out loud. No immediate plans to do that. Just happy for this "honeymoon period" on Atkins.

Have a lovely day, ladies! I have no plans so once again, I can veg. I might go clean up the snow after a while. The car needs swept off and so do the steps and porches.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:30 AM   #1302
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Poor Cisco!! That's a lot of snow for early Nov!! Hope it melts and doesn't send for replacements!! Hope you're keeping warm!!

Did you say you put ACV in your chili? I've never done that. Interesting!

I just baked 3 chicken leg/thighs, made a chicken/chorizo casserole Jeanette recommended and a bacon/chorizo quiche! Whew! Glad there'll be good options to grab and go! Makes it much easier to stay LC .

Have a great day all!
Old 11-08-2012, 10:12 AM   #1303
Big Yapper!

It is melting and hopefully won't be replaced until a few days before Christmas. I love a white Christmas! I hope you drive up hill until you find snow at Christmas time, too.

Yes, I put vinegar in my chili. My late hubby taught me all sorts of weird things that I developed a taste for that remains to this day. It is a very nice flavor in the chili but be careful not to add too much. When I put it into a bowl of chili, I use one capful. When I added it to the recipe in the pot yesterday, I used 1/4 cup (dry cup measure; that's what I had handy.)

I used to love chorizo. I ADORE casseroles and quiches.

You have a great day, too.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:00 AM   #1304
Big Yapper!

All the snow is rapidly melting away now. It will be 60 degrees this weekend and then in the 50's all next week. That is the current forecast, anyway. We'll see how they alter it as time goes on. They always do.

I got a wild hair up my butt (as they say) yesterday and gave my dog a hair cut. I had done it only once in the past, that I can recall. I remember now why I swore I'd never do it again! She has an INSANE amount of fur. It just never ends. It took about 2 hours to do it to the point that it looked the slightest bit acceptable. I bought moderately-expensive grooming sheers but they just don't work like the ones the lady who does her grooming do. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. They can't be as bad as they appear to be in my hands!

So I did it all with a large comb and a pair of scissors. She will look good in a week or so when it begins to grow out some. Then I'll take some pics to show my handiwork. I did it myself for one reason: MONEY. I already spent her money this month, for vaccinations and food/snacks. Next month I need to get an oil change so there won't be money for things like grooming in December, either. And when it's long and it snows, it's just a nightmare everytime I put her out and bring her back in. She gets "snowballs" stuck between the pads of her feet and all the way up her legs.

I'm down some of the bump but still 0.6 above my ticker. I need to eat less of the foods I've been cooking. It's not "free food." It's just WAY too caloric. Today I will try to eat more bacon and eggs and just eat the sausage and kale soup for one meal, not every meal. (I made a batch yesterday, in case I failed to mention that before.)

Have a very nice day and weekend, ladies. I hope to see you soon!

Last edited by CherylB; 11-09-2012 at 10:04 AM..
Old 11-09-2012, 10:31 AM   #1305
Senior LCF Member

LOL @ Cissy's haircut! Come on, post a pic now too! I'm sure it can't look anything but fine!

Your snow is almost gone and it's going to be 60 degrees this weekend?!? Can you box up some of that warm and send it to us? Ole man winter am here to stay, methinks.

Cheryl, aren't you doing Atkins 72? Are you allowed kale and sausage on that? I guess I misremembered it was strictly pure protein and fat in induction. I wondered if the sausage might be responsible for your uptick. Isn't the point of Atkins induction that you can eat as much as you want of the allowed foods and you won't gain but will go into ketosis andbe pretty steady at losing?

I think I need to visit that thread and re-educate myself!

We are hoping to give a home to my grandmother very soon, as soon as we can renovate a bit to get ready for her. She's 97 and can't see much and is hard of hearing, but a total little darling. But in our house all of the bathrooms and bedrooms are upstairs and the kitchen and living areas downstairs, so we want first of all to put in a stair chair, so we can get her up and down easily. Then we want to turn the largest bedroom upstairs into an extra family room, with couches and a television, and put a bistro table and a microwave there too, so we can all be comfy with her if she doesn't feel like coming downstairs.

I do feel a bit trepidatious, I want to take such good care of her. I stayed with her and cared for her for six weeks over the summer, so I do have a good idea of what she likes and the routine she's comfortable with.

Does anyone have suggestions? All thoughts gratefully considered!
Old 11-09-2012, 10:57 AM   #1306
Big Yapper!

I went up on the scale after I ate a bunch of chili. I didn't make the sausage and kale soup until yesterday and today I'm heading back down. You can have veggies on induction and I've never needed to actually track carbs. As long as I eat what is allowed and try not to gorge, I do fine. I know what happened was I ate SO MUCH of that chili.

I forgot where you live. You must be somewhere in the middle if you are saying winter's here to stay. I saw what's going on out there and it ain't pretty. My sister and her hubby spent yesterday and today driving from CT to Indiana to see her son and daughter-in-law. Looks like that snow might be chasing them all the way back home. What a horribly long drive that is! And I heard is uber-boring.

That's so great that you're going to take your grandmother in! That's a lot of responsibility and change, but it sounds like you know what it will involve. She's very blessed to have you. The stair chair will be a must if she will be sleeping and essentially living upstairs. It's too bad you can't add a small bath downstairs and just keep her on the first level. It would be so much easier. I don't know how many stairs you have going from inside to outside where you park. That's another matter. Do you have a ramp?

Do you have a bathroom that just has a shower? It will be a lot easier to bathe her in a shower stall that has a shower chair in it. Getting into and out of a tub is rough! Is she just a tiny thing or someone with some "substance"?

Does she have any serious health concerns other than her sensory deficits? If she's not really ambulatory, a bedside commode would be great to have (can be used as the shower chair, too.) Does she have any confusion? You'll have to consider that too, with being upstairs.

Will medicare cover the cost of the stair chair? I have no idea about those things. I have an aunt and uncle who had one installed in their house for parents who were living with them up until the end of their lives. But now my aunt is needing to use it because of her issues. It's rough getting old.

No pic of Cissy just yet. You'll have to wait!

Just ate two fried eggs and four slices of bacon. I dipped the bacon in the yolks which is the only reason I ever make fried eggs. Normally I prefer them scrambled with other things in them. I really enjoyed it!

Last edited by CherylB; 11-09-2012 at 10:58 AM..
Old 11-09-2012, 11:50 AM   #1307
Big Yapper!

Okay, Plum. You win. Here are a couple pics of the new Cissy. It always looks a little "choppy" at first but as it begins to grow out (rapidly), it looks less like I did the cutting.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cissy's haircut by Mommy 001.jpg (32.1 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Cissy's haircut by Mommy 002.jpg (34.0 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Cissy's haircut by Mommy 003.jpg (41.2 KB, 8 views)
Old 11-09-2012, 02:52 PM   #1308
Senior LCF Member

She doesn't look bad at all! I like that you left her tail all plummy.

Well, my grandma is re-thinking, so I'm not sure she will move in. Whatever she wants is just fine, as long as it *is* what she wants. I'd love to have her.

Yes, she's a little bit of a thing, 99 lbs, and her sensory problems and a little bit of forgetfulness are her only limits, except for being 97 and therefore moving pretty slowly. She's ambulatory though.

Yes, we're in Upper Michigan and I do think winter has hunkered down for the duration. Boo hiss. =}

Re: Atkins 72, I didn't remember that you could have veggies, except for lettuce! Of course it's been a loooong time since I read that book and followed the plan. That was my first experience with low carb dieting, and my discovery that it worked well for me. But my joy was because I could eat as much as I wanted of the allowed induction foods. I handled that better than little bits of this and that.

Are you having a snug evening? We're just back from shopping and seeing Grandma. We've unpacked the groceries, run some food over to Husband's brother, who isn't feeling well, and here I am now with two cats at my feet, two more blinking at me, and Becky, our big black lab/shepherd mix who had plenty to say about us getting home so much past her usual dinner time.
Old 11-09-2012, 03:10 PM   #1309
Big Yapper!

I've always loved her tail and I call it a plume, too! Even when I take her to the groomers to be clipped all the way down, I just have them shape up her tail and leave it full. It's like a Golden Retriever's tail and I love it.

Your grandmother sounds like such a sweetie! I don't blame you for wanting to take care of her. To be 97 and have no major health issues is just amazing to me. What a blessed life she must have had! (At least health-wise.)

I just heard that this warming trend is going to affect the middle of America too, but maybe you're too far north. Have you always lived there? That's one of the states I've never even driven through. Is it nice?

It's true in the first tries on Atkins that you lose very well and can eat a lot but with each successive try after being off the plan for a while, it doesn't work as well. It's like your body gets wise to you and adjusts to your weight loss efforts. Why does the body want to stay fat? I'll never understand that. I have never starved it so why would it think that it would be starved? Let my fat cells go!!! You have no worries of being "underfed." TRUST me!

I love the picture you painted of all your pets after coming home from shopping and errand-running. I'm snug, alright. Just doing all things lazy. I'm tempted to make another LC dish! I'm getting out of hand. I've got a tuna casserole on the brain now. I am going to try not to make it because I can easily eat the entire thing in one day. (That's being kind; in about 2 meals!)

So, back to Granny. Where does she live now and why would she hesitate about moving in with you all? Sounds like a very cozy place to spend your final days. I would love it if I were her.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:00 AM   #1310
Big Yapper!

Can't change my ticker yet again today, but I'm down a skosh more of the bump. I'm remembering why I turned to hhcg. This keeps up and I may just do that, come January. I am being so good! No cheats whatsoever. And yesterday I ate bacon and eggs to be sure I "revved my engine." I even ate more bacon in the evening, to rev it up again. Spinning my wheels is more like how this feels.

It's lovely and mild out today and I have the farm at 3:40 or so. I expect mud. Lots of mud. I saw that the staff girl updated her status on facebook with these words: THIS SUCKSSS. I hope she's not referring to the farm. I will find out soon enough.

Have a nice day and weekend, ladies! Don't feel you need to offer suggestions to me regarding the slowness of the losses. I've been down this road enough times to know what works. Well, what used to work. And I refuse to eat any higher percentages of fat. I think that's just plain nuts. I know some people do those fat fast days but not me. Our bodies need more than what fat can provide and I don't want to rely on pills to make up the difference.

I'll just see how this plays out and try to remember this isn't HCG and I won't be seeing dramatic results. It's just so hard to remember that. The honeymoon phase has already worn off. :/
Old 11-11-2012, 10:50 AM   #1311
Big Yapper!

Some movement on the scale today!! Got to change my ticker by 0.4 but it's all good. The bump-up is history and now I'll be more careful about how much chili I scarf in one day. I am making another batch today.

I'm also enjoying bacon and fried eggs again. I put the eggs into a bowl and poke the yolks and then dip the bacon strips into the yolks. Very yummy. (Wow! I'm making tons of typing mistakes.)

Today is day 7 so I will count whatever my weight is down to tomorrow as the total for week #1. I hope it isn't back up again. I may scream!

Just cooked up the ground beef for the chili and put Cissy on the treadmill for 30 minutes. She'd walk for over an hour if I let her but since I saw such a decline in her hips the past couple of months, I am slowing things down. She's doing great on the buffered aspirin! She gets one full-strength pill tucked inside a chunk of hot dog twice a day, after she eats her food. She's back to being able to do sit-ups like a pro! For a while, she wouldn't even attempt to do one. It broke my heart.

I need to decide what I'll make to take with me to my sister's house for Thanksgiving dinner with the family. I am bringing the mashed potatoes as my contribution to the meal and I'll do a lot of the clean up over there cause she and her husband have really been physically suffering with their ailments. I think she's crazy to even do this dinner but they have this "never say die" attitude that keeps them going forward. I must be missing that particular gene she inherited. Or maybe it's just lying dormant, waiting to be tapped into?

But I will eat the turkey (of course) and the skin (what I can scavenge) and I may cheat as far as having some gravy. Not sure how much flour is in a serving of gravy but in the past, I've asked them to set aside some turkey juice for me and it cut back on the amount of gravy they could make. And if they forget to do it, then it's dry turkey for Cheryl.

I think I'll make some mock mashed potatoes using cauliflower. I have some bags of frozen cauliflower and I can whip them up in the food processor with some good fats like mayo and cheese and cream. (I bought four bottles of mayo on sale yesterday! Almost half price. If I'd had a coupon I would have been even better off.) Then I'll probably make some LC eggnog. That is always nice at the holidays. Last, I will probably make a pumpkin bake and perhaps some cheddar biscuits.

My first Thanksgiving and Christmas on Atkins I did all those things and probably more. It got a little "overboard" so I don't want to do too many things. But the eggnog and pumpkin bake might be the two other things I make. (The biscuit recipe can be found on Linda Sue's website, which I think I linked on this thread in the last couple of pages.)

I really need to go back to the gym. It's nuts how I just let that go, but it wasn't a decision to stop going indefinitely, it's just what happens if you make a decision each and every day not to go! It's a daily decision that keeps us stuck into patterns that we fall into. But soon I will get up and out and back to the gym and I'll be so happy that I did.

I got the chance to get a Nordictrac cross-country ski machine for free this week. I was very close to taking it but decided I just didn't have the room for it. And when I looked on Youtube at some videos of people using them, they were very hard to do! Not at all the way the official videos show the model doing it. If it was a rowing machine, I'd totally snag that. Or a Versaclimber! I used to love those machines. I can do the rower at the gym but the climber isn't available there. I looked for used ones on Craigslist and they are no longer cheap. I had one back in Las Vegas and sold it when we moved.

The treadmill is mainly for Cisco. She obviously can't use any other home machine and she loves the treadmill. But I find it boring. I know I let the guy down regarding the ski machine. I know he wants to get it out of his basement. I just don't know where I'd put it. I don't want this duplex to get all cluttered up. I believe it has a 5-foot base and that doesn't count the space you need behind it for the skis as they leave the base when you're using it. Ya know?

I had a nordictrack elliptical and that thing was HUGE. I was so happy when it went bye-bye, in exchange for the treadmill I now have. That was an awesome trade!

I need to go finish my chili. I did it in stages this time. Ground beef is already cooked, pan is sprayed with Pam and other non-stick pan is waiting for me to heat up the oil and fry the veggies. Then I'll throw it all together in the stock pot for the rest of the cooking. I don't want it to burn on the bottom like it always does, even despite the Pam.

TTYL!
Old 11-12-2012, 09:57 AM   #1312
Big Yapper!

Up 0.2 today. Getting tired of this game of ups and downs. I am considering not weighing every day. This is Atkins, not hcg. I need to free myself from the scale because it has too much power over my psyche. A bad number colors my whole day in a bad light. I can not afford something so small to come between me and my chances of having a nice day.

Hope all is well with you all. Pop in when you can!
Old 11-12-2012, 11:00 AM   #1313
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Up 0.2 today. Getting tired of this game of ups and downs. I am considering not weighing every day. This is Atkins, not hcg. I need to free myself from the scale because it has too much power over my psyche. A bad number colors my whole day in a bad light. I can not afford something so small to come between me and my chances of having a nice day.

Hope all is well with you all. Pop in when you can!
Hi Cheryl,
Yeah, if it discourages you, stay away from it! I always have to weigh each day, just to keep it in my mind that I need to work on it. Otherwise I don't see when I'm going astray. Although last vacation I had worked wonders though I couldn't weigh in.
Sounds like you're really getting a plan going for Thanksgiving.
Ours was in October. I just had turkey & green salad. Not too adventurous with any extra's.
I'm pretty happy with my new temperature. I hit 98.6 average yesterday. However, I was too hot several times yesterday, so I'm cutting back 15 mgs on thyroid. Getting closer all the time.
We have 3 of our grandkids here today. Shelby keeps getting in trouble for jumping & chewing on them. Poor baby, she's constantly in trouble. They don't understand she's still to young to know the rules.
We're going shopping to fill our Christmas child shoeboxes, which we got ready to fill this morning. Fun.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:32 AM   #1314
Big Yapper!

That's pretty cool. I didn't realize that Canadians had a Thanksgiving celebration too. You're filling your Christmas shoe boxes already? I always wished I was the type to do things long before I needed to but that's not how I'm built. I'll put up my artificial tree after Thanksgiving and start getting into the spirit. I just hope I can get prepared for winter before it's too late to prepare!

I agree about daily weighing for that reason, but it really does bring me down. I'm thinking seriously of adding back in my hcg pellets. What harm could it do? I will load today and tomorrow (not sure if that's even necessary) and then I'll cut back on the total calories I take in while doing Atkins. We'll see where that gets me.

It's got to speed things up substantially, right? We're about to find out.

Shelby sounds like a typical puppy. Unfortunately, they need a lot of one-on-one training to be the dog you want them to be. It takes a lot of time and commitment but it's worth it cause when you're finished, you have the best dog she can be.

Do you take oral temps? I only have digital oral thermometers and one that measures the temp on the temporal area. I don't get into all that temp taking but maybe that's because I'm on prescription drugs and not taking my own doses of stuff. I'm really happy for you and Julie, though. You seem to really have a handle on things.

Last edited by CherylB; 11-12-2012 at 11:34 AM..
Old 11-12-2012, 11:40 AM   #1315
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Yeah, I actually don't do Christmas shopping till Christmas Eve!
These are the Good-Samaritan Purse boxes (Christmas Child) sent to 3rd world children. Its great!
Temp... I usually take it in some "fold" LOL.... my mouth is always under the influence of hot coffee, or cold water, so not accurate.
Canada's harvest time is earlier, so we have the thanksgiving earlier... plus we seem to HAVE to be different! Our Veterans day is called Remembrance Day... Our National day is July 1st... blah, blah... Actually, I'm an American, so you'll understand why I laugh at it.
They also make a bigger deal out of Halloween then Thanksgiving for some strange, annoying reason.
I hope the hgc stuff isn't harmful. I have a bad feeling about it myself. Are you hungry? Is that why you'd add it?
Old 11-12-2012, 11:54 AM   #1316
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catjrow3
Stats: 240/177/150
WOE: NK - LCHF
Start Date: 05/18/2013 (restart of course)
Cheryl, I totally would understand if you take this post and tell me where to shove it... I dont post often, but I do read most all of your posts and sympathize with you on your journey. I am going through alot of the same things... You posted about restarting HCG and loading and I cringed.... from reading your own journey, this sounds like a terrible mistake. HCG will probably make it worse... and you loading (again) will only add more pounds to what you are trying to lose, and you will probably have an event or Thanksgiving or something will come up, you will fall off it ... as its not a sustainable diet at all and you will be feeling worse than you do now. The best thing (in my own opinion; and of course, tell me to shut up again anytime now) would be to lay off the HCG. its evil!! And I swear, every time I try it for the same reason, just want to lose quicker, it has the opposite effect... and your history it does the same thing... LC and weight training and the gym...those are great ideas! We have to take the slower loss and actually maintain them then think we can do it quicker and fail and just gain more over and over and over again with HCG!! Maybe check your carb counts? the calories... while you do not have to count on Atkins... calories do matter!! Atkins says so himself. I am actually doing or started with ATkins, and switched to NK (nutritional ketosis) same idea, but alot less protein and alot more fat!! Its hard to eat a lot of fat!! But this week (after a bad weekend of eating of course before it) i was back down 8 lbs. I am not craving carbs, not really too hungry either, which for me is amazing, and I am still working out with weights/cardio... Just wanted to give you a cyber hug and see if I convince you not to go to the HCG!! I truly think it will do more harm than good, and the loading weight will just add more to the problem at hand. Hope you dont mind my "2 cents" Hugs, Cathy
Old 11-12-2012, 11:56 AM   #1317
Big Yapper!

no. i'll add it to speed up my losses. no idea if it will help but i'm willing to try. i've done hhcg a bunch of times but this would be the first time just adding it into Atkins and dropping the calories. life is one grand experiment!

that's very cool that you do that for impoverished children. what a blessing those boxes must be!

what part of america are you from? and how did you end up in BC?
Old 11-12-2012, 12:03 PM   #1318
Big Yapper!

CATHY! What a shocker! I'm not offended but let me explain. I didn't mean loading for another round of hhcg. I was going to keep eating as I've been on Atkins but just add in the pellets to see if it would help me lose a little faster as I do Atkins. I know I need to go back to the gym and I need to eat less of the allowable Atkins foods but this is going to take time.

Maybe the pellets will help, maybe they won't. But I'm not doing "a round of hcg." I'm just adding them to my Atkins plan and then I'll cut back on my calories after the two "loading days." I've never loaded LC before. And I've never done full-fat Atkins on hhcg before. It's just an experiment.

I will think harder about it and decide if what you are saying is valid for me right now. I do thank you for going out on a limb and posting. I never knew you were even out there! I couldn't lurk if my life depended upon it!
Old 11-12-2012, 12:04 PM   #1319
Big Yapper!

PS: By "loading" I only mean eating what I've been eating this past week without cutting back on the quantity.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:06 PM   #1320
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catjrow3
Stats: 240/177/150
WOE: NK - LCHF
Start Date: 05/18/2013 (restart of course)
Well... I dont feel I have any right to "impose" my thoughts when I cannot get it right... but I definitely will not go back to HCG! But I am rooting for you to do well. Was very happy when you started the gym, I do hope you go back! And I love your antics of the horse farm! If you think its best... by all means, but even loading low carb seems to defeat some purpose to me...
Closed Thread