Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2012, 11:19 AM   #1231
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
I'm glad you're dealing with it all now. It'll be behind you soon and you can move on.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2012, 11:44 AM   #1232
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi! What you up to?
Old 10-24-2012, 07:11 AM   #1233
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
I'm not "dealing with it" at all. I realized they only changed one lock on one door so they could get inside and winterize it, since it was vacant. I can hardly blame them for doing that. They have to keep bad from morphing into worse. I don't feel that it's urgent to get things sold now, but the seasons changing is more urgent in that regard (selling the stuff I still have over there.)

Yesterday was rainy but not enough for them to cancel therapy riding lessons. They called and asked me if I could come in and help out in the barn, getting the horses who had a lesson groomed and tacked up for their rider. I said I would go and when I got there, I really wasn't used for that purpose. I did groom them but much of the time, the tack was being taken off another horse who was already using it, so I only did the grooming part.

Then naturally, the girl I used to always work Tuesdays with wasn't there, so the staff "pm feed" lady was all alone. Cheryl to the rescue. It was raining hard by then and I was wondering how I got sucked into actually volunteering to do this stuff on a rainy day. I'm tired of the "woe is me" crap I let roll over and over in my head. I need to get over myself and stop being so "self"ish.

I did get to be around the lady who is the founder of the whole place, by coming in yesterday. (She was also the one giving volunteer riding lessons and she knows all about my left hip situation.) She was genuinely happy to see me again and to have my help. She said some very nice things to me later on via email and it really "pumped me up." I wrote back and said I was touched. Then I said if she knew of anyone looking for afternoon barn help (for $$) to please put us (them and me) together. It might help to tell more of the people who know so many more other horse people, that I need work. Networking.

I have other news about the farm. On Monday when I went for barn duty, I pulled into the parking lot and parked facing one of the paddocks (the one between the back of the barn and the road.) Lo and behold we had three minis! Two mini horses and one mini donkey! My eyes popped out and my jaw dropped. I sat there with the engine running, trying to figure out what they were doing there. Turns out they belong to the head lady (not the founder I mention above) and they are probably going to be staying.

However, the horses are all strung-out about them being there and they aren't getting used to the idea. I think it's not going to work out. It makes everything much more dangerous. For instance, this is just one example but I think it was the most dangerous of the ones I've witnessed personally, since they arrived.

I was leading one horse to the barn to be put in the cross ties to be groomed after feeding his pm grain. He was snorting and "bright eyed" as they say, and ears straight forward, fixed on the strange beings now present along side the barn. I took him gently and slowly up to them so he could see they were just little horses and nothing to be scared of. Well, that really didn't help. I took him then into the barn and turned him around. I started to grab one of the cross ties but saw that he was ready to bolt. It was all too much for him.

So I dropped the cross tie and slowly lead him back out of the barn while talking gently to him and keeping a tight hold of his lead rope. I was half way back up to the duplexes before the situation became safer. I'm glad that he didn't just rear up and run because then I'd have had no choice but to just let him go and he's a retired race horse. Who knows how far he would have run if he got the mind to.

He's not the only one freaking out about the minis. All the horses are on high-alert but some are more open to the idea than others. Frodo seems like one of those. I lead him up to meet the minis, just as I did with Calvin. He was tentative but he ended up hanging his entire head over their fence to get a closer look. It was very cute. And then I was able to put him in the cross ties and groom him and he wasn't up tight at all.

But I don't see how this is going to work. Liability wise, people are going to be getting hurt. I see the warning signs everywhere. Some people (especially some of the less experienced ones) are going to not see things as they are ramping up and then it will happen before they even have a chance to try and defuse the situation. I don't see how this is going to pan out.

No one I've talked to even knows why she brought them to our facility. It's very odd. But they are so cute. Mostly I am into the mini donkey. His name is Domenic and his ears are almost as large as his entire head! And he's so darn friendly. If I could get one of my own, I think I would. But animals like that need one other companion and then you get into real space and money issues. I will just have to enjoy Domenic at the farm.

I will get pics taken and posted as soon as I can. I think I need to go on a day when I'm not volunteering and just see what pics I can get. It's too hard when you're working.

My sister, her hubby and my Mother are going to come on Saturday to finally see where I'm spending all my time. I got approval for them to come and I hope Saturday is going to be a good day to do it. I'm looking for a calm, uneventful afternoon where the very minimal people are there. I said for them to come at 5:30 so I could first get the paddocks done. I don't want the other girl to get stuck with the heavy work.

This is going to be an enormous post so I'm going to post it before something bad happens and I lose it. Have a lovely day.

Last edited by CherylB; 10-24-2012 at 07:16 AM..
Old 10-24-2012, 09:11 AM   #1234
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Sounds like the horses are keeping you busy! I'm sure somehting will hit soon where you can earn some $ doing what you love. I certainly hope so. It'll be nice to bring your family to show them this part of your life! The house thing is just going to hang over you until you get it done. Dreading it, and putting it off will only add to the stress. I am SO familiar w. that! Just make a list of what you have to sell, how much you want for it, find a friend and drag it out. It'll sell. Or, call one of those place that'll come and pick it up if it doesn't sell. Being "done" with that chapter in your life will feel great!

Did I mention I rode a horse on the beach in Ensenada? They are older, really tame horses. Barely willing to walk along the beach, despite my request! It was beautiful though and a memory dd and I will always share fondly.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:54 AM   #1235
Big Yapper!

No you didn't mention that! How lovely that must have been. Old, lazy horses would put a damper on it, though. But to ride on the beach? Heaven!

Yep. I'll get it done. No worries. Not stressing. Almost don't care if they DID change all the locks. Then it would be over for good. I have very little hope of making much money in a moving sale. Entertainment Centers no longer sell. They have gone the way of the dinosaur. I have other things over there too, but no big-ticket items. A painting (that I placed on Craigslist many times and couldn't even get any nibbles for $35!), books, fireplace screens, "bric a brack" as my sister calls it, some dining room chairs that lack a table, an unfinished antique cedar chest and odds and ends of this and that.

I also have a few yard-related items that are out in the shed and some mis-matched tools. Some power and some not. The power ones were bought used and some are not really safe to use. So you see, I might end up with a hundred or two hundred dollars when all is said and done. So, is it really worth the trouble? Nah. Not stressing about it at all.

Actually, the thought occurred to me that I can still go over there and enjoy a nice wood-burning fire! It's still my house, after all. That puts a smile on my face and also makes me chuckle a bit. I moved all the wood over here but there is still wood in the cast iron fire ring beside the fireplace (another thing I can sell.)
Old 10-25-2012, 08:07 AM   #1236
Big Yapper!!!!

I love (and miss) fireplaces!! My old fireplace in PA was the focal point of our home. It really added so much to our lives. I'd go do 1 more, for old time's sake . Dh is promisig to put one in our house, but it'll be gas which isn't quite the same . Plus, it's unlikely to actually happen. The $ isn't worth investing in our house, which is VERY upside down.

Yes, the horse ride at the beach was sweet! Even w. lazy old horses. At least they were gentle . It was a great experience .

Hope you have a good day and enjoy taking your fam to the horses. Hope all goes well.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:45 AM   #1237
Big Yapper!

I hope it goes great, too. I have been running things through in my head, how I'll do it. Typically, this sort of thing doesn't happen with "lay people" being es*corted around inside the farm. I have to be very cautious and plan ahead. Especially now that the minis are there and all the horses are on edge.

Yeah. I can see why putting a fireplace into a home in Phoenix wouldn't make a lot of sense. Have you considered the electric ones? Or the ones that just run on canned fuel? No venting required! Just put them where you would like them and enjoy them for what they are. I have an electric woodstove and I think it's quite charming. It can also be used for heat, as a space heater. I have it in my bedroom.

I have the vent-free natural gas fireplace in my den (here) but the landlady said I could only really use it in a power outage. It leaves soot-like marks on the walls around it. It shouldn't so maybe all it needs is a good cleaning.

When I graduated from nursing school in TX, the family flew in to be with me. One day we drove to the Gulf of Mexico to a place where you can rent horses and ride on the beach. It rained so we had to find something else to do while we were there. :/ That would have been a wonderful time together as a family. It still was, but I remember the disappointing moments in life too well.

But getting back to the fireplace at the old abode, it sounds cool to have one last fire "for old time's sake" but I wonder if it would be really depressing for me. It doesn't take all that much lately to really push me close to the edge. Maybe looking around at undressed windows and being surrounded by all that stuff I need to give one final push to get rid of would only make me want to cry. (And drink.) Think I'll just skip that last wood fire and have it in my back yard firepit instead.

I have to apologize, Julie. I haven't taken any autumn tree pics to post for you. I just haven't seen any worth taking pics of while having my camera, and I never set out on a picture taking tour like I thought I would. The weather, partly is to blame. The rest is just "me." Maybe I can upload some pics that I've taken in the past, which are on my old computer and in my old camera. That would be very doable! I'll work on that today. (Old computer has a virus so I'm fearful of sending pics from that one to the "new-to-me" one.)

More gloom here today in lovely southern new england. At least I can hang here inside and feel sorry for whomever is out there at the farm, working in it. I will not be answering the phone if I get another call, asking for help today. No sir! (Or ma'am.)

Off to dig up the old camera and find some good AA's for it. Just for you, Julie! Here comes some of my best autumn pics.
Old 10-25-2012, 05:42 PM   #1238
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pendragginp
Aww Cheryl feel better!

I would so love those minis!
Old 10-25-2012, 06:45 PM   #1239
Big Yapper!

Hi, Plum! Nice seeing you again. Hope you're well.
Old 10-26-2012, 12:17 PM   #1240
Big Yapper!

Julie, these are for you!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cheshire Church in the Fall.jpg (104.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Curtis House in Fall, Woodbury CT.jpg (70.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Fallen Autumn Leaves and Stones.jpg (100.5 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Golden Autumn Tree.jpg (100.1 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Pond Fungi x 2.jpg (104.4 KB, 5 views)
Old 10-27-2012, 09:41 AM   #1241
Big Yapper!

I just got these pics emailed to me by the lady who lives upstairs in my duplex. She had shown me these pics on her phone one day, but seeing them on the computer is another thing. I didn't know (or wasn't told) that my driveway is part of what gets flooded when the pond behind our property floods.

Anyway, here are pics from last year's hurricane (Irene) and what happened here. The dog is Oliver, who lives upstairs. Notice the back yard, how high the water got around the shed, how there is about a foot or more of water over my entire driveway, etc.

AND, she said that the wooden picnic table actually floated out to the street and had to be recovered (It belongs behind the shed). I have some work to do between today and tomorrow to get ready for this storm coming our way; almost on the anniversary of the freak snow storm we got last year.

But I also have the farm today and get to "show and tell" with my Mother and sister Donna. I hope it all goes well. TTYL. Please pray that this hurricane "Sandy" decides to prove all the computer models wrong (that are tracking its likely path.)

Last edited by CherylB; 10-27-2012 at 09:42 AM..
Old 10-27-2012, 10:00 AM   #1242
Big Yapper!!!!

Wow Cheryl!! That's some serious flooding!! Poor dog!! Hope they let him in w. this storm!! Hope the upcoming hurricaine doesn't hit you as hard.

Thanks for the fall pics!! Love them!! My favorite is that lovely maple tree!! those colors!! Miss that so!! Thanks again!

I miss that cool crisp Fall weather (almost cold) and a nice big fire! Sigh. That's such a sweet memory for me that my kids won't really have . They were pretty little and probably dont' remember. Sigh.

Sad the horseback riding at the beach didn't work out for you. I realized that was a rare opportunity and am glad we were able to do it. Even though the horses were reluctant to go!! Hope your visit to the farm w. the fam goes well.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:09 AM   #1243
Big Yapper!

Well, pack up the car and head up to Flagstaff for the weekend! Go camping and have yourself a great big camp fire. Then when you're tired of being frozen to death, head back home. I envy you that option.

Oliver is an inside dog. How horrible would it be if someone who kept their dogs outside didn't even bring them in when the yard was flooded like that! I'm wishing I had known all this flooding happened to this degree before I moved in, but it happens so infrequently in CT that I would have assumed that, since it happened in 2011, we were safe for about 10 years. :/

Since Jess told me how the wooden picnic table floated out to the street, it got me thinking about my firepit wood. I have them all stacked up neatly to the right of the shed (in the brush beside the edge of the yard.) I better find a way to secure that or I'll be chasing after log upon log down the road! What have I gotten myself into?

I'll report back later, after the farm. I hope I have lots of cool things to report. I'm really glad that they are at the top of a major hill (CT's idea of a mountain, almost.) At least they won't have to worry about flooding.

I'm glad you liked the pics, Julie.
Old 10-27-2012, 12:17 PM   #1244
Senior LCF Member

Yikes Cheryl! Keep letting us know how you are!
Old 10-27-2012, 05:33 PM   #1245
Big Yapper!

Yikes indeed! I will. So long as I have power, I can post here. It's looking inevitable that the power will be lost for at least a day or more. Last time I lost power for 3 days and many thousands more were without power for up to 7 days! I can post using my Blackberry and recharge it with my car charger.

I'm charging up everything I can right now, while I have the chance. I'll be doing a lot of reading if the power fails so I'm charging up the Kindle and all the batteries for flashlights, my camera, video camera, etc. Just trying to think ahead.

I stopped at the gas station and a few stores after the farm. The gas stations are already running out of gas because everyone is filling up their tanks. (No electricity, no gas pumps.) The landlady said I won't lose the water, even if the power is lost. But I always lost my water at the "old abode" in the same town. I really hope she knows what she's talking about because I am not going to fill up buckets with water (in order to flush toilets, cook, etc.)

I am all set up now for the storm. The bbq grill is on the front porch, so it's at least under a covered area. I can cook no matter what. And I bought things that will be easy to eat in case of no power. Not good for a diet plan, but easy and convenient. It's a hurricane party!
Old 10-27-2012, 08:07 PM   #1246
Senior LCF Member

Good job!

Myself though, I would be filling pails with water. I wouldn't want to trust that what she said would work out - it would be just my luck that it was true every OTHER time she had a hurricane, but this time, just because I was there, would be different. The Rule of Murphy, ya know!

Anyway, I'm for everyone there.

Last edited by pendragginp; 10-27-2012 at 08:08 PM..
Old 10-27-2012, 10:33 PM   #1247
Big Yapper!

Thank you, darlin! And I agree with you. I'm going to take one huge "pail" and fill it with water. I'm going to place it on the front porch, where there is a covering. I'll fill it up with the garden hose and then cover it somehow, to keep debris out as best as possible. It is FAR BETTER to have something you don't end up needing than needing something you don't have and can't get. For days. :/

Thank you for praying for everyone in the path of this storm. Sometimes you hear of all these terrible reports for days upon days by the Weather Chanel or other more local networks and then it turns out to be nothing major. It's hard to know who to believe or trust, so all you can do is pray and prepare. After last year's two storms before winter ever arrived, we're all on our toes!

What I really don't personally trust is the landlady saying that my car will stay dry if I just back into the driveway and face the hood toward the street. Maybe that will keep the engine and "innards" above water, but every time a car or fire truck or whatever drives by, a huge SPLASH will be shoved into my engine area. That seems like a seriously bad idea. I wonder why she even said that was something that would work.

If things are really bad, I will see if I can crash with Cisco at my sister's house. She's high up on a "mountain" but there are low-lying streams that I'd have to get across in order to get there, and sometime this year, the one nearest to her had washed out. They had to replace the bridge!

I don't know how much I said about the farm experience but it went very well! Things were very calm and the horses weren't all "wired" over the minis anymore. They didn't seem to sense the impending storm yet, either. My sister fed the bunnies clovers and she got to pet a few of the horses and groom one of the horse's faces while I had them in the cross ties. I would have liked to have done more and have her do more hands-on but I'm happy with how things went.

It's almost 1:30 am here and I'm wide awake. Sucking on some Melatonin's and hoping they kick in eventually. Unless I get off this computer and put on some soothing movie (love streaming video) I'll be awake when the sun rises. I don't want that to be the case so I'll try and wind down now.

There has been a nearly full moon tonight and just enough visibility to show a type of eerie haze over the moon. That's the kind of thing you only see when a storm system is heading your way. A big one. And at the farm, there were only two points of sunshine visible through the cloud cover and it was like a miniature rainbow in those little bits of circular sunshine. I take these signs very seriously.

My Mother is really showing her age. My sister told me (under her breath) that Mom wasn't hearing too well and wasn't letting on that she wasn't hearing well. But I just see more confusion in her. She just turned 81. I wonder how many more years she'll be able to live independently. It scares and saddens me, as I'm sure it does to my sister Donna. It's either her or I that would take Mom in if it came to that, and she and her hubby plan to leave CT to be where their son and bride eventually settle and start a family.

My Mother and I are a lot alike in some ways, but in the ways we are not, .... How can I say this. I don't know how long it would be before I strangled her. She pushes my buttons like nobody else on the planet. Maybe this is something I need to get over in order to "graduate" from life. It is such a painful process. Maybe I need to suck it up and consider doing that for her, and for Donna and her hubster.

Yammering away here so I'm going to say goodnight. Will check in and keep you posted as things develop. Stay tuned!

PS: Do you like my new Avi? I will change it to suit the weather until things settle down.
Old 10-28-2012, 01:40 AM   #1248
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes, Like the new avi! Hope you don't get flooded. Yes, its 4:30 a.m. and I'm awake! I've been waking up like this for the last couple weeks. Its back and leg pain keeping me from staying asleep. I'll take my meds in a few and doze off for a couple hrs
I have chloe in bed with me. My dd went to a halloween party with her bf so I kept chloe. She was asleep at 9 bc she was w. her dad. When shes there she don't get her naps like she should.
Sounds like you enjoyed having your mom and sister at the farm. It sucks how your mom is doing. Getting old is no picnic! I know I am NOT looking forward to it.
Well, gonna take my meds now and try to get some more sleep before the princess wakes up! LOL
ttys!

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

"He who the Son sets free is free indeed"

Tammy
Old 10-28-2012, 09:24 AM   #1249
Big Yapper!

I hate sleepless nights. I hope you were able to get some good, recuperative sleep after you posted. Sorry about your pain, as always. I wish they could switch up your meds to better-manage it. I forget what you said but do you use a pain patch? (Duragesic-type.) Those things work wonderful when they get the dosage right.

Maybe they (Chloe's father and family) are so excited to have her for a day that they don't want to waste the time by letting her sleep. That would be my guess. But when a little kid her age needs a nap, you know! Then there's little enjoyment to be had by their company, until they get their sleep.

My sister is adamant that it's not confusion with my Mom, but more a hearing loss issue. I see what she's saying but I still see confusion as well. According to Donna, she isn't letting-on about how poor her hearing is getting. I know her vision is quite sucky these days, too.

My landlady and her hubby were just out here, doing storm prep. They took some cement and patched up the two really bad areas in the old stone and cement basement to try and prevent such sever flooding down there. Then they went shopping to buy some of those spout extensions for the gutters, to draw the water away from the house. That will work great for normal rainy weather but not for the flooding. I'm happy that she's someone who takes care of her investments.

Her hubby said I could pull my car up onto the front lawn and park it there. That is a much better option than what she had suggested I do. If it comes to that, I will definitely park it there. He also took a good long look at my firewood stack and he thought that it was heavy enough to not float away. I still think I'm going to take a couple of bungee cords and secure the top of it.

Ha! I just had a funny thought. I had placed a sheet of plastic over all the wood to hopefully keep it dry so that the next time I had a fire in the fire pit, it would burn better. Irony! Gets me every time.

They also said that the water level in the pond behind the property is low and so they think we have some leeway before it starts rising to the point of flooding the yard. It doesn't look all that low to me, but I'm going to take her word for it.

Off to see the latest weather report. Hugs and to all.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:00 PM   #1250
Big Yapper!

Just checking in before I go night-night. There is a stray sprinkle of rain and the wind is definitely picking up. I sat on the front porch a while ago and there is a crazy circular sort of wind blowing the dried, brown leaves around in the middle of the street. It's like they're dancing. I had opened the windows for a little while earlier this evening because it was sort of mild and I was loving the breeze but then I knew it was time to shut everything up tight and just hunker down.

I guess I'll throw some clothes and towels into the washing machine and see if I can get a load done before we lose power tomorrow. I've been making ice and stuff, trying to figure out how I'll live if and when the power goes down. I hope it's not like last year. All the "not knowing" when the power will be restored is the toughest part of all. If you know you only have 48 hours to endure, you can just hang with it. Ya know?

I decided to go ahead and fill a large container full of water and I covered it with some plastic and a bungee cord to keep debris out of it. It's on the front porch. Then I have a bucket of water in the bathtub. I feel better knowing I have some water, in case the landlady ends up being wrong.

I always thought that living in hurricane-prone areas was better somehow than living in earthquake-prone areas or tornado-prone areas. Somehow it feels better to know what's coming and to be able to prepare. But then again, folks who are hit by tornadoes or earthquakes don't have to worry about them. They just happen. I'm not sure which is better.

Someone recently (on LCF) wrote that they prefer to have all there crap in one pile vs strewn all over the state! I can see the beauty in that, but still, I hate being blind-sided that way. Pick your poison, right?

Tammy, are you in the thick of it now? Please post when you can and let me know how things are going. If I lose power, I will keep posting on my journal (at least) and keep you informed of what's happening that way. I hate being cut-off and I won't simply disappear until the power is back on. I will go bananas if I do that. I have to feel some sense of normalcy.

As I said on another thread, there's only so much reading by flashlight that you can do before you go bonkers and are going stir-crazy looking for something to do. When you're so dependent on electricity, it's a very scary thing to go without it for God only knows how long.

So, I'm parked on the front lawn, on high ground. Depending on how the weather is when I wake up tomorrow, I'll decide if I can take a short trip down the road to the store for one last shopping spree, then park on high ground again until the storm is over and the flood waters have receded. Oy....

God bless us all tonight.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:04 PM   #1251
Big Yapper!

If you want to reach me and don't want to wait until I check back into LCF, I get PM's instantly to my Blackberry via email. You'll get a more immediate response if you PM me.
Old 10-29-2012, 02:23 AM   #1252
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Cheryl, tried posting last night. Wrote a long post to only have it disappear on me! And remember, I do this on my phone! My poor thumbs!!!! LOL
Storm.....hitting us this afternoon and tomorrow and some Wednesday. Wind gusts up to 60 mph! Tons of rain, but we sit up on a big hill so no flooding hitting us. Scared of no electric bc we have no alternative and we have the baby here. I'm going to the store and get more candles though.
Is it hitting you up there yet? I pray you dont get flooded and if the power goes out, hang in there! Stay safe!
Old 10-29-2012, 04:36 AM   #1253
Senior LCF Member

(((((hurricane ladies)))))
Old 10-29-2012, 10:01 AM   #1254
Big Yapper!

Oh no! I hate typing long emails on the phone. For a while, I had let the internet service go and all I had was my blackberry. You may recall that time in my life. There's bound to be a new condition that only happens to those who've been using smart phones for 10 years or more. Without our thumbs, how would we live?

It's getting gusty here and the rain is picking up now. I ran out to the store for the very last minute stuff that I realized I didn't buy the other day and so now I really am good to go. I've parked the car in the front lawn so it's high and dry.

I texted you, Tammy. And I replied to your PM. I thank you for sharing your number with me. I will keep you informed of how things are. You are inland, aren't you? I forget but I think you are in the western end of PA. Am I wrong? You are still in danger from this storm so you take good care of yourselves. I hope none of us lose power. That is always the worst of it. It's not so cold outside yet for "no heat" to be that much of an issue. But no power BITES any time it happens.

The storm surge here is going to be the worst in all the years that my Mother has been alive. It's a full moon today so that is making the surge that much worse, plus they are thinking we will get the right side of the hurricane and that side gets the most surge. I guess the left side of the storm gives the most rain. Strange things, hurricanes.

I washed my hair and I'm doing a quick load of clothes right now. I hope I can get them through the dryer all the way so I can hang them up and be ready to wear them. I've put enough weight back on that I only have one pair of jeans that fit comfortably. I've been very, VERY bad. It's carb city here. I am completely out of control these days. Even eating pancakes with butter and regular syrup! BAD.

Just got your first text.

Plum, thanks for the hugs! Keep those coming, please.

BBL, ladies.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:21 AM   #1255
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
I just got these pics emailed to me by the lady who lives upstairs in my duplex. She had shown me these pics on her phone one day, but seeing them on the computer is another thing. I didn't know (or wasn't told) that my driveway is part of what gets flooded when the pond behind our property floods.

Anyway, here are pics from last year's hurricane (Irene) and what happened here. The dog is Oliver, who lives upstairs. Notice the back yard, how high the water got around the shed, how there is about a foot or more of water over my entire driveway, etc.

AND, she said that the wooden picnic table actually floated out to the street and had to be recovered (It belongs behind the shed). I have some work to do between today and tomorrow to get ready for this storm coming our way; almost on the anniversary of the freak snow storm we got last year.

But I also have the farm today and get to "show and tell" with my Mother and sister Donna. I hope it all goes well. TTYL. Please pray that this hurricane "Sandy" decides to prove all the computer models wrong (that are tracking its likely path.)
Uh oh! Get your waders out!!
Old 10-29-2012, 01:19 PM   #1256
Big Yapper!

So far, it's not that bad. Very gusty winds and steady rain but I still have power, the yard is not underwater yet and even though the leaves are being stripped off the trees, the trees are still standing. I'm not sure when the peak of the storm is going to reach us but I'm thinking it might not be as bad as they've been saying. Wow! They have been so doom and gloom about it. They have continuous news coverage all day and I'm guessing it will be all night.
Old 10-29-2012, 03:51 PM   #1257
Big Yapper!

I've changed my Avi again, since I think I'm going to live. The new one shows Charmed and Cowboy; two of the horses at the therapy place I volunteer at. This pic is so cute and so I want to see it more often. I don't know why some horses get along and others don't (AT ALL) but these two gents along with another one get along well and are paddock partners now. Cowboy has only been with us for a couple of months.
Old 10-29-2012, 06:13 PM   #1258
Senior LCF Member

I love the pic! And I'm so glad you're posting and letting us know you're all right.
Old 10-29-2012, 06:56 PM   #1259
Big Yapper!

I'm even more all right than I was last time I posted! The wind and rain have pretty much finished here. I'm going to move my car off the front lawn and back into the driveway. Well, maybe I'll do that tomorrow. Not in the mood to slog through the soggy grass right now.

Glad you like the Avi!
Old 10-29-2012, 08:30 PM   #1260
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

11:30 pm and the storm is hitting hard now. Only to get worse during the night. :/ Kinda nervous! Gonna go nuke some popcorn! I need to munch on something. Ttyt!
Closed Thread