Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2012, 08:13 AM   #1201
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Soo, I guess going off on the manager was effective . Maybe you just needed to stand up for yourself? Do you think she knew you wanted to be a lead? Just a thought. Miscommunication and assumptions get me into loads of trouble . I hope you're pleased w. this nice turn of events . Good for you!! You are certainly "good enough"! Don't tell yourself anything less. The Bible says "Take every thought captive" and that really applies to you. Don't heap dispair on top of disappointment in your life. Remember His promises, claim them each day!
You are fearfully and wonderfully made.
Never will He leave you or forsake you!
If you humble yourself and pray, He will hear you and lift you up.
In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths.
Seek first His kingdom, and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

I could go on, but you get the point . Count your blessings and remember the TRUTH!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2012, 04:59 PM   #1202
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Thanks and God bless you, Julie. Words I needed to hear. I didn't mean I wasn't "good enough" in the general sense but in getting a job, being offered opportunities I've sought, etc. If anything, I have an overly-inflated ego.

I went this morning to help the equine manager out, thinking she was all alone. There were two other ladies there. I could have slept in. But it was good. It refreshed my memory of what the morning routine was like and it confirmed to me that I would never volunteer to do that shift. I got to clean up after the horses but never even touched one. Touching them is what it's all about.

I decided after this morning that I was just going to forget about the two barn helper positions I learned about the other day, but then I found out the part time one is where the head honcho actually works. I didn't know that she worked anywhere else. So I googled the name of the facility and up came a youtube video of it. IT'S GORGEOUS!!! I called the number and left a message. I need money and I'd love to get my foot into the door of that place any way that I can.

So I can get all the afternoon stuff of grooming the horses without pay and (God willing!!!) I can do the morning stuff for pay at the other place. Please, people. Pray for me! Either this job or the Vet assistant job (which still is in limbo.)

I just can't live on the money I have coming in right now. I have tightened my belt as much as I can and I keep spending more than I have in the budget. Paying rent is the reason. It was EASY to live on my income back when I was still living in my rent-free dwelling (the house I'm losing.)

I'm not at all sorry that I got the move out of the way and I'm as happy as I can be to live here, but it's the $$$$$ issue now. Things are tough all over.

Julie, you must be getting so excited about Mexico! That's going to be such an amazing experience. So gratifying. It will give Thanksgiving and Christmas a fresh, new meaning for you.

Well, I'm going to rest and relax and hopefully fall asleep a bit earlier tonight. So glad I don't need to wake to an alarm.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:55 AM   #1203
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pendragginp
Cheryl, the part-time job sounds perfect, doesn't it! I'd be a little worried for you with the full-time; that could wear you right down to the bone if it was all physical.

And yes, maybe the manager at your volunteer place had forgotten that you wanted to be a leader? I know I'm for sure crowding Julie on the "misunderstandings have gotten me into more trouble" bench!

What did the manager say when you freed your mind at her?

LOVE your new avatar, btw! And does anyone know when 'Fall Back' (the end of Daylight Savings time) happens, or is that different for each state?

Have a good day, everyone!

Last edited by pendragginp; 10-10-2012 at 04:59 AM..
Old 10-10-2012, 08:23 AM   #1204
Big Yapper!!!!

Plum-I'm in AZ and we're rebels. We don't change our clocks!! And yep, misunderstandings R Us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Thanks and God bless you, Julie. Words I needed to hear. I didn't mean I wasn't "good enough" in the general sense but in getting a job, being offered opportunities I've sought, etc. If anything, I have an overly-inflated ego.

I went this morning to help the equine manager out, thinking she was all alone. There were two other ladies there. I could have slept in. But it was good. It refreshed my memory of what the morning routine was like and it confirmed to me that I would never volunteer to do that shift. I got to clean up after the horses but never even touched one. Touching them is what it's all about.

I decided after this morning that I was just going to forget about the two barn helper positions I learned about the other day, but then I found out the part time one is where the head honcho actually works. I didn't know that she worked anywhere else. So I googled the name of the facility and up came a youtube video of it. IT'S GORGEOUS!!! I called the number and left a message. I need money and I'd love to get my foot into the door of that place any way that I can.

So I can get all the afternoon stuff of grooming the horses without pay and (God willing!!!) I can do the morning stuff for pay at the other place. Please, people. Pray for me! Either this job or the Vet assistant job (which still is in limbo.)

I just can't live on the money I have coming in right now. I have tightened my belt as much as I can and I keep spending more than I have in the budget. Paying rent is the reason. It was EASY to live on my income back when I was still living in my rent-free dwelling (the house I'm losing.)

I'm not at all sorry that I got the move out of the way and I'm as happy as I can be to live here, but it's the $$$$$ issue now. Things are tough all over.

Julie, you must be getting so excited about Mexico! That's going to be such an amazing experience. So gratifying. It will give Thanksgiving and Christmas a fresh, new meaning for you.

Well, I'm going to rest and relax and hopefully fall asleep a bit earlier tonight. So glad I don't need to wake to an alarm.
Well, something will hit soon for you, I'm sure. I'll be praying and we'll see what the next chapter in your life will bring! I'm glad you're all settled in your new home and you'll find something soon!

I'm excited for Mexico too. Packed 90% last night. Hope I won't forget stuff since I am an early packer
Old 10-10-2012, 10:16 AM   #1205
Big Yapper!

Nov 4th is the day we turn the clocks back so I guess when we go to bed on the 3rd we turn them back? So that any Sunday alarm clocks go off at the "right time"? Plum, I'm glad you like the new Avi. I did some searching online for a nice seasonal one and that one really grabbed me. It has hints of trying to hold onto summer as the Autumn is taking over. I only wish we were having more sunshine than gloom. Every day feels the same.

The equine manager was in total agreement with me about the lack of experience of some of the girls and the problem is there are too many people handling separate areas of the volunteer staffing and the woman who is the "volunteer coordinator" doesn't seem like a real horse person herself.

I have a good relationship with the manager and I'm comfortable with her. I didn't blow up when I talked to her, I just totally let my hair down and opened up about my frustration.

I called about the part time barn job yesterday and I got a call back this morning. They are looking for someone with a lot more experience than I have but she wants to meet with me tomorrow at 11 am. I am not hopeful after our little convo. I then hung up the phone and called that Vet guy and pleaded with them to call me and tell me if I've been ruled out, if they are close to making a decision, etc. I said I was about to apply for another job and would hate to accept it only to get a call from the Vet soon afterward, offering me their job. I want the Vet job so much more.

I'm in the same place joblessness-wise that I was in when I was between homes. God brought me out of that situation and into this one, and I am very pleased with my living arrangements. Now I have to trust that He will also provide me with the right job, sooner rather than later.

Julie, hope you remember to pack your Quest Bars! Thank you for your prayers. I am very thankful for each one. Before you know it, you'll be heading for Mexico! How many days will you be down there? We will miss you while you're away.

I wish that phone call to that woman had gone smoother. I thought I was applying for a barn job. How much darn experience do you need for that? I feel like I walked into a job interview blind and came out with my tail between my legs. I wonder if she really plans on giving me a shot tomorrow or if she's doing this just for entertainment purposes.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:40 PM   #1206
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
"Take every thought captive" and that really applies to you. Don't heap dispair on top of disappointment in your life. Remember His promises, claim them each day!
You are fearfully and wonderfully made.
Never will He leave you or forsake you!
If you humble yourself and pray, He will hear you and lift you up.
In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths.
Seek first His kingdom, and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

I could go on, but you get the point . Count your blessings and remember the TRUTH!
Repeating these scriptures tonight, the night before my interview at the farm. Lord, I know you've got it all figured out and I'm just groping my way through life right now, but I really need your help at this moment in time. Help me to feel that you are with me as I go into this interview and let them see what a gem I am! No, I'm not 18 years old, but I bring with me all these years of wisdom and experience. And I know that there is no other place or career for me but horses. I've tried the rest, I'm ready to settle for the best!

Julie, I thank you for your strength imparted to me at this time, via scripture. Thank you so much for the time you took to lift me up. In turn, I offer you for your trip to Mexico:

Proverbs 24:27 Prepare your work outside; get everything ready for yourself in the field, and after that build your house.

Psalm 127:1 A Song of Ascents. Of Solomon. Unless the Lord builds the house, those who build it labor in vain. Unless the Lord watches over the city, the watchman stays awake in vain.

Amen, sister. God speed on your trip to Mexico. I can hardly wait to hear how the Lord worked through you and all around you on your mission. May you be abundantly blessed beyond measure.
Old 10-11-2012, 02:14 AM   #1207
Senior LCF Member

I love these scriptures. God be with you in your interview today Cheryl. And with you in Mexico, Julie.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:47 AM   #1208
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Nov 4th is the day we turn the clocks back so I guess when we go to bed on the 3rd we turn them back? So that any Sunday alarm clocks go off at the "right time"? Plum, I'm glad you like the new Avi. I did some searching online for a nice seasonal one and that one really grabbed me. It has hints of trying to hold onto summer as the Autumn is taking over. I only wish we were having more sunshine than gloom. Every day feels the same.

The equine manager was in total agreement with me about the lack of experience of some of the girls and the problem is there are too many people handling separate areas of the volunteer staffing and the woman who is the "volunteer coordinator" doesn't seem like a real horse person herself.

I have a good relationship with the manager and I'm comfortable with her. I didn't blow up when I talked to her, I just totally let my hair down and opened up about my frustration.

I called about the part time barn job yesterday and I got a call back this morning. They are looking for someone with a lot more experience than I have but she wants to meet with me tomorrow at 11 am. I am not hopeful after our little convo. I then hung up the phone and called that Vet guy and pleaded with them to call me and tell me if I've been ruled out, if they are close to making a decision, etc. I said I was about to apply for another job and would hate to accept it only to get a call from the Vet soon afterward, offering me their job. I want the Vet job so much more.

I'm in the same place joblessness-wise that I was in when I was between homes. God brought me out of that situation and into this one, and I am very pleased with my living arrangements. Now I have to trust that He will also provide me with the right job, sooner rather than later.

Julie, hope you remember to pack your Quest Bars! Thank you for your prayers. I am very thankful for each one. Before you know it, you'll be heading for Mexico! How many days will you be down there? We will miss you while you're away.

I wish that phone call to that woman had gone smoother. I thought I was applying for a barn job. How much darn experience do you need for that? I feel like I walked into a job interview blind and came out with my tail between my legs. I wonder if she really plans on giving me a shot tomorrow or if she's doing this just for entertainment purposes.
What will be, will be. Pray, prepare and relax. They'll hopefully see the "real" you shine thorugh and it'll all work out. Of course, if the vet job is the "right" one you want them to have the wisdom to turn you down. It's so nice not to "lean on our own understanding" and be able to rely on Him.

Quote:
Repeating these scriptures tonight, the night before my interview at the farm. Lord, I know you've got it all figured out and I'm just groping my way through life right now, but I really need your help at this moment in time. Help me to feel that you are with me as I go into this interview and let them see what a gem I am! No, I'm not 18 years old, but I bring with me all these years of wisdom and experience. And I know that there is no other place or career for me but horses. I've tried the rest, I'm ready to settle for the best!

Julie, I thank you for your strength imparted to me at this time, via scripture. Thank you so much for the time you took to lift me up. In turn, I offer you for your trip to Mexico:

Proverbs 24:27 Prepare your work outside; get everything ready for yourself in the field, and after that build your house.

Psalm 127:1 A Song of Ascents. Of Solomon. Unless the Lord builds the house, those who build it labor in vain. Unless the Lord watches over the city, the watchman stays awake in vain.

Amen, sister. God speed on your trip to Mexico. I can hardly wait to hear how the Lord worked through you and all around you on your mission. May you be abundantly blessed beyond measure.
Thanks! I'm looking forward to it and open to whatever He has planned. Hope we won't "labor in vain". I'm really expecting Him to open my (and dd's) eyes to the world around us with improved compassion, awareness, and perspective. He is faithful .

Plum-thanks! He is good!
Old 10-11-2012, 09:58 AM   #1209
Big Yapper!

Well, my apologies to anyone who was praying for me for the interview. I set my alarms and laid there in bed, weighing the pros and cons of getting this job. Monday-Friday, every morning, getting up around 7 (I'm guessing) and heading down to the place. You know how I am about mornings. I thought I could just get over it sometime and it would all fall into place but it's next to impossible for me to get up in the morning, even just on a rare occasion.

Add to that unmistakable fact is they want someone who has a lot more experience than I do. They don't just want a barn worker, they want someone they can utilize in other ways. And if those "other ways" means riding, I simply can't. My left hip won't let me straddle a horse.

So all these factors coming together in my mind at 0900 was enough to have me call the woman at 10 am and leave a message that I wasn't going to make the interview. I told her that if she texted me with her email address, I'd send her my resume. And if they hadn't found the person they hoped to find in the "open house" she mentioned on the phone yesterday, she can call me and we can reconvene.

I just can't do a 5-day per week morning job, no matter how much I love horses. I know I'd end up hating my life. Been there, done that. If I get the Vet job, it will only be a couple mornings a week. That I could handle.

I know the right job will come along, when it is supposed to. I have a roof over my head and food in the fridge and heat to keep me warm. I have many things to be thankful for and I will just be content and learn to live within my means. And pray that that will be enough.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:33 AM   #1210
Big Yapper!

I was just on Craigslist and found another barn job which is part time. I wrote them a long email response and leveled with them about my trouble with mornings and asked them if it would be possible to come in a little later in the day to begin the chores. If they are able to do the morning feed and take them out to their paddocks, the mucking and other stuff can be done when I arrive.

I hope they will consider this. Then I will be one happy camper. The farm is in Bethlehem so not all that far away and it is a pretty drive from here to there. I wouldn't mind the commute.

My dog is actually enjoying being outside right now! Normally she will lay on the side porch or be barking to come back in. I went to check on her and she wasn't on the porch. So I quietly peeked out a few different windows and she's laying in the yard in the shade, just chillin!

I left her outside one day while I went to the gym, in order for her to get accustomed to being outside more. The plan backfired when the Landlady showed up and let her back in the house. I wanted to be the one to let her in so I could praise her for being outside all by herself, and to show her that I could be trusted to come back for her. But now that she's laying in the grass in a completely different part of the yard and she's been outside for about a half hour, that's a first. Why she's choosing the shady area is puzzling, though. It's a lovely sunny day.

So, wish me luck with the Bethlehem farm job. I'm glad I just came right out and told them what I needed.
Old 10-12-2012, 06:38 AM   #1211
Senior LCF Member

Absolutely good luck with the job search Cheryl.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:46 AM   #1212
Big Yapper!!!!

Good for you!! I hope it works out for you. Good on communication as well. Setting expectations is an important part of all good relationships! Maybe cisco is just enjoying the cooler weather out there. Glad to be outside? We're doing that today (if we can) as we had a nice storm come through and the high today is supposed to be upper 70's (not 90's!). YEAH!!

Have a great weekend and week next week. I leave at o'dark 30 tomorrow morning.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:54 AM   #1213
Big Yapper!

You'll be in the 70's today?? Yahooo! Yippeee! Happy days are here again. You made me laugh with the "o'dark 30." That's just how I'd feel about it, too. I hope you trip is truly amazing and that you find plenty of food to eat that won't mess with your maintenance diet.

Thanks for all the support, ladies. I miss Tammy. She must be in KY with Shawn. Hope all is well, Tammy!
Old 10-13-2012, 07:06 PM   #1214
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
Hi woman! LOL Funny how you mention me when I decide to look you up!
Yes, we made it to KY! What a drive....we drove all night. I drove 5 hrs til my back just wouldn't allow me anymore then my son's gf drove the rest of the way here. I was so happy to see him. He looks real good. Tonight we met some of his buddies (one who is getting out in a month & a half bc he got hurt during deployment and can't reenlist). A couple others were deployed before and promised us to get Shawn home safe! Shawn is called a replacement. Because hes never deployed. They all said how well he does shooting and how athletic he is. Shawn just was smiling! Of course we worry, but hes in a good company and the guys he'll be with have all been there before and know what to do. The guy who was hurt got hurt when their truck hit an IED and he was blown up and out and hurt his knee. He'll get severence pay and $500/mo and free medical for life.
The kids went to the hotel next door to party so hubby & I are watching Chloe. Thats fine, we are watching movies on Netflix and eating McDonald's! hehehe!
Well, I'll be on sometime tomorrow.

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

"He who the Son sets free is free indeed"

Tammy
Old 10-13-2012, 08:22 PM   #1215
Big Yapper!

That would comfort me greatly, knowing he will be in the company of the experienced guys who have been over there already. God bless them all. Look how amazingly handsome Shawn has become! I know I've said it before but it always amazes me to see how quickly boys become men in the military.

You did good driving for 5 straight hours! That's tough to do. I used to be able to manage 8 maximum and then I had to find a hotel for the night and pick up again late the next morning. I've always been into sleeping late. Nothing has changed!

So nice of you to pop in while in KY! Thanks for thinking of me. Be safe and well and have an amazing time. (I almost had McDonald's tonight, too. Too funny.) Squeeze Chloe for me!
Old 10-13-2012, 08:35 PM   #1216
Big Yapper!

As for me, I had my social security psych appointment at 12:30 today. I had known about it but put it out of my mind completely, knowing I had no way to know what it would be like. No way to prepare. So I went in and the Psychologist was very nice and seemed very on-top of her game, and the interview took just over an hour. I expected it to be thorough, since my disability is a psych one. All I can say is that if they still want me to go back to working as a nurse after all that I shared with that woman, God help us all.

Then I came home and took care of the dog briefly before I shuffled off to the farm. It was a full day, to say the least. The ladies asked me to take some pictures of them as they returned from riding two of the horses. It got really good! I got to have them pose next to some very cool autumn decorations and have them just how I wanted them. I got a few good close-up shots of one of the horses nosing a pot full of Mums. The colors of the horse, the mums and the pumpkin were just perfect. I can't wait to see them when the girl uploads them on facebook (I asked if she'd do that and she said she would.)

I even got the younger goat messing around with the newest horse. I took a number of pics of her and the last one I got was of her rearing up in preparation to butt the horse in the head! But she was quite a distance from the horse and it was all in fun. The goat just is very comical. It was so cool to capture it on "film." So often those moments happen and the camera just doesn't do what you want it to, when you need it to.

I guess I need to take my camera with me to the farm so I'm ready when things present themselves. Today was very cool. They rode their two horses outside the usual fences in order to be in the places necessary for pictures and it was fun. I opened a gate that is typically only used for foot-traffic and turns out it's plenty wide for a horse and rider to go through. I could see it on the horses' faces that they were enjoying something out of the ordinary, too.

Now it's 11:30 and I'm going to tuck myself in. My Mom turns 81 tomorrow and we are going out for pizza and beer. We're all flat broke so I'm glad it's a pizza place and not the usual Olive Garden or something like that. I'm sure that's why we're doing pizza this year. I have no money to give her but I'll buy a card and when we get back home after the "party", I'm going to give her a gold heart encircled with small diamonds, to add to her necklace. At least I have quality jewelry to give!

Goodnight, ladies. God bless Julie and Tammy as they are on their trips. Keep them safe, Lord. I trust you will.

Last edited by CherylB; 10-13-2012 at 08:40 PM..
Old 10-15-2012, 09:30 AM   #1217
Big Yapper!

It's going to be a wet day at the farm today. Storms will be starting right around the time I get there and will include thunder and lightning. That means that they will be cancelling the therapy lessons today. It also means I need to remember how I used to dress for rainy farm days. I recall the boots to wear but if memory serves, there isn't much that can be done about protecting your upper body from the rain.

I mean, there is but then you have more problems. I remember wearing these "dri ducks" that I bought specifically for the farm. It kept the rain out but also made me sweat more. End result was the same.

Pizza party was nice yesterday. Pizza truly sucked but the Antipasto was very good and very large. Mom enjoyed her day. She liked the heart I gave her, too. The restaurant was jam-packed and noisy and there was nowhere to park outside and even the street was packed with parked cars. I never saw that intersection so crazy busy.

That's all the news here for now. Hope whoever is still reading this is having a nice day.
Old 10-15-2012, 04:48 PM   #1218
Big Yapper!

I can't remember the last time I thought to myself, "And why do I do this for free?" Today I was thinking those words. It rained off and on, very hard. The horses were all dirty. Well, some more than others. One was down right filthy. All my grooming did was smear it around. The flies were back in force. When I saw the horses wearing their face nets, I knew I was screwed. I had to spray myself with what little bug spray I could find in the barn. I had to choose between two pairs of footwear before I left the house and I chose the wrong pair. And I brought a rain jacket but left it in the barn because it hadn't started to rain yet and didn't look like it would be bad even once it did. Wrong again.

Soaked, miserable, tired, weak, light-headed, etc. It was warm enough outside that I ended up sweating with all the work, but I didn't drink water the way I always do during the hot months. End result was I became badly dehydrated and that's how I feel when that happens. I got trapped in one of the horse's stalls when the latest squall hit and I didn't want to go out and run through all the mud to try and get to the barn. I decided to just hang out with Calvin and hope for it to let-up. It didn't happen very quickly. Calvin was pacing all around, waiting for his grain to arrive. Meanwhile, I'm putting my head down and squatting down, leaning against the wall of his stall, trying to feel better. He passes me by and I'm aware that I'm in the perfect place for a concussion if he decides to kick.

No kick but ended up leaving his stall and carrying two grooming boxes back through the rain, no longer caring to wait for it to slow down more. I knew I needed water and the water was in the barn. So I got there and downed the whole bottle that I brought with me. I was so weak that I didn't even bother to take the three grain buckets back up to the grain shed after I gave the horses in the barn their grain. I put the empty buckets on the hay cart and figured the equine manager can bring them back up there when she does night check at 11. The staff girl had left the light on up there, expecting my return so she just took them back up with her.

I started to feel better after the water, but was still tempted to just have Chelsea (the girl) sign me out so I didn't have to go into the house and then back out to the parking area to my car. I remembered a coffee that was waiting for me in the refrigerator in the house so I decided to just go in and sign myself out. I still feel crappy but now I'm home, dry and resting. Just shell-shocked. I hope it's a long time before I work under such crappy conditions there again. I am rethinking doing this sort of work for pay. Maybe I need to find a nursing job, no matter how awful. Part time, I can handle almost anything.

But let me tell you. It takes a hell of a lot to make me consider going back to nursing.
Old 10-16-2012, 12:45 PM   #1219
Big Yapper!

Tammy, I see on the "what did you do yesterday" thread that you're back. Can't wait to see how everything went. Sorry you drove through those terrible storms. I was out in them too but not in a car. I suppose the specific sections of the storm system you drove through are still making their way up here and the stuff we had yesterday was just the northern edges. More wetness due this weekend!

Having a lazy, sunny day today in order to reward myself for yesterday. I am half-heartedly loading for a short round, but this round is going to be completely rogue. Eat one or two meals a day, as cheap and satisfying as I can make them. Drink coffee with cream whenever I want. Go about my life and see where I end up by the holidays. End of story.

Hope all is well with whomever is still out there today.
Old 10-18-2012, 10:17 AM   #1220
Big Yapper!

Had an epiphany yesterday. I think it's been coming on slowly but it really hit me yesterday. My whole weight problem has to do with eating starches. I crave them and I eat them and then I feel terrible. I swell up (fluid, sodium, yada, yada), my joints get stiff and sore, the bags return under my eyes (bags with several compartments, mind you), I limp around like I'm 20 years older than I am, etc.

I know what's the cause of it all! That's the insanity of the situation. I remember a few years back when I was a new homeowner. I was really working hard getting the yard in shape and stuff and I also had stopped eating starches. It was a loose style of Atkins. I'm sure I also wasn't eating sugar but on the other hand, I do remember getting those cappuccinos at Cumberland Farms and I'm sure they are chock-full of sugar. So it was mainly the elimination of starch and all fast/processed foods that worked so well for me.

And everything but wine is made from grains and sugars. Wine at least is the "fruit of the vine" so I will have that on occasion. But no more beer (), and no more hard liquor. They are starches.

I'm going to commit to this WOE totally. Live my life with these very simple and freeing set of rules. No calorie counting, etc. Just no starch and very little sugar. Period! And I'll see how it works for me at age 50, as compared to when I was age 43 or 44.

And I am recommitting to the gym. I stopped going about a month ago. I let the lazy gene kick in. I remember the last day I went was the Tuesday (the day before) the family picnic. I don't know why I didn't return after that. I just kept putting it off for lazy reasons. Partly it was because I chose to stay at home and eat whatever and drink. That is where my focus ended up. It's that simple.

So, October 18 and I know where I'm going from here. I'm going to live this plan, not just do it for a while. I'm going to live this way for the rest of my life.

to anyone out there still listening! Tammy, where are you, sweetie? Miss you! Julie, I hope you didn't get hit with that hurricane in Baja. Can't wait to hear how your experience was!

Last edited by CherylB; 10-18-2012 at 10:19 AM..
Old 10-18-2012, 02:40 PM   #1221
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I tried to post yesterday, but it didn't work. I hate when that happens. I am back home and so sore! Driving 8 hrs does nothing for my back positive. Ya know?
What a trip! I'm really concerned about my son getting married. They are not prepared for it at all. She craves attention and I feel she is going to get very lonely while hes deployed. She flirts with the guys in his platoon and that was told to my daughter by one of the Army wives and she feels my sons gf is disrespectful to my son. This army wife is 33 yo and said she has seen many girls come and go. I told my sons gf it takes a special type of person to be married to an infantryman. They are gone so much. Whether they are in the field or deployed overseas. She has no clue. And I dont think my son has really thought this through.
Chloe went today to this place where they go on a hayride to a pumpkin patch and pick out your pumpkin. She looked so cute when she left. My dd got her moccasin (sp?) boots and a new sweater to wear with her skinny jeans! Quite stylish for a 1 yo! LOL
Just heard on the news there was a shooting at close range in the parking lot of the grocery store down the street! Thats where I go! Geeze! Thats nuts!
About the starches.....I am the same way. I feel better without them. I have to do something here. I've gained a TON of weight back! I feel it & Its mostly on my rear end too! Yikes!
ok, this is enough! LOL
ttys!
Old 10-18-2012, 03:41 PM   #1222
Big Yapper!

I wish someone your son trusts and respects would share all that news about his gf with him, in a gentle but concerned way. You can't spare him pain in life but when you see something that obviously wrong going down, something should be said. If she's going to be filling up her lonely days and nights with other guys while he's gone, I don't think he'd sign up for that, no matter how much he thinks he loves her.

I wish I could go on a hayride! Love those so much. She sounds so cute in her new clothes. I know I don't have to ask for a pic cause it will be an Avi soon enough.

I'm right there with you with the regain. We know what to do, now we need to "just do it." I will be out of this chili I made by tomorrow and I can start avoiding starches like the plague after that.

OMG! I am so SICK of all these political ads! One on top of the other, over and over, day after day. When is the stupid election for the local politicians? Is it the same time as the presidential election? UGH!!!

I'm so glad that shooting didn't take place when you were near that store! How scary. Did they catch the guy? I hope so.

It's supposed to start raining tomorrow in the early morning and it's going to be coming down hard all day. I was tempted to bathe the dog cause she's a bit smelly but thinking about tomorrow's rain, I just ended up giving her a good brushing. Maybe I'll spritz her with some good smelling stuff. She's not horrible but when I stick my nose in her fur, I sort of wish I hadn't. At least now she's fluffy. BOY does she need to be taken to the groomers and to be clipped. I just don't have the cash.

Have a good night, Tammy. Glad to have you back!
Old 10-18-2012, 03:59 PM   #1223
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just happened to be on playing this or that! LOL
My husband tried to get alone time with Shawn, but she'd run behind them every time. He even told her he wanted to talk with Shawn alone.
Oh his friends have talked to him about her. He just doesn't hear it. His one friend who came to our hotel room said hes gonna talk to shawn again. I hope he changes his mind and waits til he gets back from deployment.
My daughter didnt send me any pics, but posted some on facebook. I'll get one of her sitting on the hay and make it my avi. Right now I'm liking the Army Chloe! LOL
I'm scared to weigh myself now. Think I'm just gonna lose some weight then weigh myself when I feel like I'm close to where I was.
The shooting was over a stupid parking space! The guy who was killed was 55 yo. What a shame! On the news they said one car bumped the other, then there was an altercation. The shooter called the police and waited. Thats awful. I know if it was nice out, I might have been down there. Its been raining here all afternoon and the temperature has dropped like crazy.
ttys!
Old 10-18-2012, 04:11 PM   #1224
Big Yapper!

The person with the gun shot and killed the man over a parking space, then called the cops and waited for them to arrive? I'm just trying to wrap my mind around that. Not happening.

I'm so glad your hubby and Shawn's friends are sending up the red flags about her. At least if he goes through with marrying her, he will have been forewarned. And like you said, I hope he waits until he gets back from his deployment. He'll learn a lot about her while they are apart.

I will be avoiding the scale for a few days, myself. I want to wait for about two days after I'm completely starch-free and see where I'm at. I'm sure I'll drop a chunk of water weight and I'll feel a whole lot better. I look forward to seeing the hayride Chloe. The Army Chloe is a keeper, too.

I'm so happy that it wasn't "nice out" today, so you weren't shopping. That non-nice weather is coming by early morning. I will be hiding inside. Goodnight, Tammy. Sleep well. I'm sorry all that driving on the trip bothered your back. I hope you can get back to better-than-normal very soon. I swear by heating pads and Motrin. Analgesic rubs are also good. (Like AsperCreme, Ben Gay, etc.)
Old 10-20-2012, 07:39 PM   #1225
Big Yapper!

I CAN NOT BELIEVE I NEVER HEARD OF THIS GUY BEFORE!!! I've been riveted to the PBS channel since I stumbled upon this concert. I hope these links work because if they do, they are the full concert I'm watching now. OMG, people. Behold Greatness:

Old 10-20-2012, 07:43 PM   #1226
Big Yapper!

BTW, my barn day was good. I got there a little bit later than I usually do and the other girl had already done most of the paddock-picking. I didn't have much to do. I free-grazed two of the horses before we brought them in for the night, and I groomed the ones who rolled in mud after they were groomed earlier. I gave a few others some hoof picking, for good measure. I wish I could have picked them all. I'd hate to think of their muddy hooves staying packed all night long.

The reason I was late? A story for tomorrow. LONG story.
Old 10-20-2012, 10:08 PM   #1227
Senior LCF Member

I'll be looking for that story tomorrow, Cheryl.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:00 AM   #1228
Big Yapper!!!!

Hey sweetie!! Just stopping by to say hello!! Glad to see you're doing well and hope the weather isn't too cold too soon up there!! Let's hear the story!
Old 10-21-2012, 09:17 AM   #1229
Big Yapper!

Okay. Well, the story begins with the long-awaited foreclosure of my home. I moved out of it and into a duplex in May. All this time I've been awaiting the other shoe to drop but there have been hitches along the way. The last hitch is that they somehow got wind of my military record but thought somehow someone living in the house is an active duty service member. That threw the brakes on and everything had to be started over from scratch. (Those were the words of my attorney)

Friday night, I had a dream that all the locks had been changed and that they had even decided to take down a whole portion of the house. So I was heading to the farm on Saturday afternoon and decided to stop by and see what had been going on. (I am usually there once a week.)

The front and back lawn had been recently mowed. The locks on the side door had been changed and a notice had been posted. It was the same notice that they posted before, saying they may be changing the locks and/or winterizing the place in the next few days. I in turn put up a notice of my own, explaining the recent snag of the foreclosure starting over and said if anyone changed the locks on the house before it was no longer mine, they'd be speaking to my attorney.

So I panicked. I went to the front door to see if my key still worked and the screen door was locked (I always kept it locked.) I figured that one had been changed, too. I went around to the back (that's when I saw it had been mowed too) and tried the key in the back door. IT OPENED. I went in and saw that they had closed the few windows I had left open a bit to allow for air to circulate (it was still quite warm then.) They also pulled down a curtain I had hanging on the side door to prevent people from just looking in and all around at my stuff that is still there.

I left in a hurry to go do my barn stuff but came back after I was done. It wasn't dark yet so I was able to check a few more things out. I went to the front door and found they hadn't changed the lock on that door either. I left the screen on that door unlocked so I had two ways to get back in in the future.

I went into the basement with my flashlight and found the floor flooded. So they went in with the express purpose of winterizing the place. Clearly they bled all the pipes. I walked over to the hatch doors and slid the bar so that was another way I could get inside in the future, if they decide to change all of the locks.

I can't believe that neither of my closest neighbors said a single thing to me when they say all this activity going on over there. Apparently it all happened on Wednesday or Thursday. So the dream on Friday was very, very strange. Rarely do I ever have a dream that has some sort of significance.

After having some time to reflect on it all, I see why they only changed the one lock. They had to get inside in order to do the winterizing. Why they mowed? Not exactly sure. Will make it easier for me to put stuff out on the front lawn on moving sale day, though! And there is no more time to wait on that. Move it or lose it.

It's shear laziness and avoidance on my part. I need to liquidate what little assets I still have over there. When money is tight, it's just plain foolish not to. So, that's next on the agenda. Moving Sale.

Last edited by CherylB; 10-21-2012 at 09:18 AM..
Old 10-21-2012, 09:24 AM   #1230
Senior LCF Member

I totally understand the avoidance thing. Good for you for looking it in the face and making a plan.

You still have a connection to the house, which is why you knew something from it in your dream. (((Cheryl)))
Closed Thread