Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2012, 12:58 PM   #1171
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Poor Chloe! That's a lot of needles for one Dr visit. . I wasn't aware that she threw tantrums much. I think you are handling them the right way and only hope that everyone handles them in like manner, otherwise she will get enough reward for that behavior to keep it up longer and with more of you. I'm glad her bf doesn't like when she cries. If he did, I'd be worried!

I never knew your dd's name before. Very pretty. And I'm glad you were vindicated by what the Dr said about how much milk Chloe should be getting. (I had no idea they could estimate a child's adult height that way!) I know nothing of being a mother. Never had to. It wasn't a calling of mine. I always thought I'd love to be a wife and mother but things didn't play-out that way for me. I'm happy for the life I've had (and do have now) but sometimes I wonder how things could have been if I could have had kids. I guess we all wonder on "what might have been" at times. It's only natural.

I didn't offer to do both leading lessons that day, just one or the other. It's too much when you consider you are jogging at times and keeping the horse at a certain pace and trying to stay well in front of the side walkers so they have room to move, etc. Exhausting! If I had to choose one or the other lesson, I hope I get the 6 o'clock one with Cowboy. I think he'd be more fun to lead than Red. I think Red is a bit "over it." Cowboy is our newest horse and he's young and well-behaved, not to mention beautiful. In fact, I didn't know they were using him in program yet so it would be amazing to see how he does.

I love the sound of the rain too. That's so cute that Chloe is such a talker. Do you think the signing accelerated that? I would have thought it would have slowed her down verbally, since she could communicate with her hands. Glad it didn't. Sorry she talked your ear off last night. Doesn't Chloe have her own bed?

That was a lot to write on a cell phone so I appreciate your effort! Thanks, cutie. I'm really glad you'll have such a nice long time with Shawn before he deploys. Do you think his bride-to-be will want to be pregnant while he's away on deployment? Just curious if kids are on the short list for them. Many military couples don't put off having children. You might be a gramma again before you know it!

Last edited by CherylB; 09-27-2012 at 01:06 PM..

Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2012, 01:04 PM   #1172
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Cheryl-enjoy that lovely weather!! Glad you had a good time w. your family!! I hope the exercise motivates you. I've found when I'm working out regularly I won't want to "blow it" w. poor food choices after all that work! Hope you feel that way too . Have a great rest of your day!
That's what's happening to me, too. I bought junk food on the way home and decided I didn't like my choice of chocolate. I bought something that was on sale and not something I would have bought otherwise. I ended up flushing them down the toilet! I didn't want to throw them in the garbage and then change my mind. And as I was eating yet another thing I had in the house, all the while I was thinking what a waste it was to be putting that crap into my body. So, exactly like what you were saying about coming to the realization of some things just not being "worth it."

I am growing impatient with getting this fat off of me. I want to see the body I'm developing that is still trapped under all these bloated fat cells! I can feel my muscles developing and my shape defining but I can't see them! I'm going to talk with one of the trainers at the gym and see how I can speed things along. I am ready to see the results of my hard work.

I am enjoying the weather. In fact, I was just appreciating the way the lace curtains were billowing on one of my bedroom windows. I had one window a/c unit in that spot all summer so this is the first time I can remember seeing those curtains moving in the breeze. Ahhhh! The little pleasures in life are the best, aren't they? Thank you Lord, for all that you have given me.
Old 09-27-2012, 07:04 PM   #1173
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
LOL Its funny you ask about Chloe having a bed! She has had a crib since day 1 BUT has NEVER slept in it! When she was a small baby she had a little seat thing that was really soft and it vibrated and played music that my daughter would put her in sometimes to sleep.
Now my daughter bought a side rail thing that keeps her from rolling out of bed and I put it on my bed when she sleeps with me. Shes a cuddler but she'll probably be getting a toddler bed this winter. Who knows if she'll sleep in it.
No, my son and his gf don't want kids for a while. She said no way, not yet! LOL
Tasha's name is Natasha. I gave her a german name since I had her in Berlin, Germany.
I went to walmart and bought chloe a cute toy and got it home and it didnt work! It worked at the store. :/ She liked it too. Its a dog riding in a car and it plays music and it says things too. Its a learning toy. My dd is going to exchange it after work tomorrow. GRRR!
Well, I'm off here for the night. I'm beat!

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

"He who the Son sets free is free indeed"

Tammy
Old 09-27-2012, 07:09 PM   #1174
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh, chloes tantrums....they arent real bad. Like not falling on the floor type. She doesn't like being told no. So we ignore her and she stops yelling and crying.
Old 09-27-2012, 07:55 PM   #1175
Big Yapper!

Oh, good. Those all-out, on the floor turning blue tantrums are tough to deal with. Ee-gads! Glad they aren't anything like that. It's going to be tough to get her weaned off of sleeping with adults but you can do it if you work hard at it. I think it's best for her, and for all of you. Everyone needs "down time." And regularly scheduled down time is the best part of every day.

I'm heading off to bed now, so I'll be back tomorrow sometime. I'll be doing the gym stuff tomorrow since it's Friday and I did nothing on Wednesday and Thursday. Weights and cardio tomorrow and the pool either Saturday or Sunday. Most likely will be on Sunday, since I have the barn Saturday pm and I'll be on my own with the equine care manager. The other chick isn't going to be there. It's all good, and each day is a new opportunity. I know things are going in the direction I want them to. It gives me a quiet sense of satisfaction. I just wish it would give me something in the short term, like a little $$$$$$$$!

I made a short list of things I need to buy and I literally can't buy them until after the 3rd of October, unless I finally get some more stuff sold. It's supposed to be a rainy weekend so although it won't be fabulous for a moving sale, I can at least go over there and get things arranged. I don't know WHY I keep putting this crap off! If I just take things one step at a time, I can get through everything and can make it look the way I want it to for the sale. But I go in and look around and just close the door behind me as I leave. Later, chaos! Some other day.

Anywho, that's the tantrum in me I 'spose. Night! Love ya!!

Last edited by CherylB; 09-27-2012 at 07:57 PM..
Old 09-30-2012, 10:34 AM   #1176
Big Yapper!

I'm still here. Haven't posted in a few days, obviously. It's been so gloomy here and coupled with the fact that I'm so broke, I have been falling into a slump. I have less than a quarter of a tank of gas and no money until Wednesday. Then it will be tough to hold myself back! I have enough gas to get to the barn and back one more time. Other than that, I'm hanging here at home.

I have plenty of pasta so that's what I'm primarily eating. Not good for the weight loss efforts but it is what I have. And I haven't been to the gym since the day before the family thing that was on Wednesday. It's been a very off week. Looking forward to handling my money a little bit better in October, or even better yet, getting that call from the Vet, offering me the job.

I should just go and apply for a couple of per diem nursing jobs but I haven't worked in 4 years (almost 4 full years) and it's so hard to get through the darn interview process. They want to know why you haven't been working, yada, yada. It's tough to get anyone to take a chance on you and the places that will are so desperate for nurses because the place is terrible to work for and can't hold onto their nurses.

I think just doing about 3 or 4 per diem shifts a month would be great. 8 hour shifts, so it won't push me too close to the social security cut-off point. I guess I'm going to have to look more closely for a job like that. Why should I keep fighting this so hard when I have a license and such great earning potential? It's fear I know.

The sun peaked out for all of about 30 minutes. I was happy, the birdies were chirping, I opened all the blinds for the first time in probably 3 days, then it got cloudy again. I swear the birds stopped chirping. I guess it's getting to all of God's creatures up here.

I made a pot of coffee and added some pumpkin pie spice to the grounds. I've lost my taste for coffee and it's hard to get it back. This is the second pot I tried this week and this cup is mildly tasty. I have plenty of half and half so coffee is going to be drank!

I also have some eggs and I like cream in my scrambled eggs. I will probably be making some jalapeno poppers later on cause I bought some last time I went shopping and I've been too lazy to make them. You know how it is when you are "under the weather."

I've decided to go ahead and try to sell a very expensive camera outfit I've had for several years and hardly if ever used it. It's an older model now so it's not worth what I paid, but I'm sure someone will give me some money for it. My sister once said she might be interested so I just texted her. If she still is, I'll tell her all about it. (Now she's not interested.)

It's truly amazing how little something you paid a ton of money for (retail) is truly worth when you go to try and sell it! That's why I'm "sold" on the idea of never buying retail/new stuff ever again. The Toshiba flat screen tv I got this year from a law student moving to the West Coast only cost me $200 cause he was desperate enough to take that much. And it's worked fine for me. And the people who bought my hot tub are very glad they did. Running great for them so far (Thank you Lord for that answered prayer!!)

The sun's out again but the birds are tentative to trust it. Oh, wait! They're back again! OMG. I'm glad I'm not alone in this weather-induced mood thing of mine. I'd better go fill up their feeders.

Well, ttyl ladies. Maybe I should go take Cisco for a walk while the sun is out. That doesn't cost me anything and will make me feel better.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:40 AM   #1177
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Cheryl!! Sorry you're in a funk!! I think looking for a per diem nursing job would be good for you, on many levels!! Taking care of someone else would remind you to count your blessings!! I know how hard it is when $ gets tight. It's a painful learning curve, but it sounds like you're trying to make lemonade! Hang in there! Enjoy those poppers and eggs, try not to have too much pasta . Gaining will just worsen your mood .

I agree about the value of "stuff". Sad, isn't it? I hope you can sell some stuff easily and know it'll be helpful to have some cash! I've been learning more and more about laying up my "treasures in heaven" and although "stuff" still appeals, I'm trying to talk myself into accpeting that I have "enough". Things I need, like jeans that fit!!, is one thing. But, I tend to get stuff b/c it's a good deal, or looks great on me, etc. I need to get beyond my selfish nature. Sigh. Lifelong battle!!

I hope the weather improves - nice, clear, crisp Fall weather would be great!! Take Cisco for a walk and enjoy your day!!
Old 10-01-2012, 10:45 AM   #1178
Big Yapper!

Well, I'm sticking to Dreamfields angel hair, but I hear ya. I didn't make the poppers yet but I did cook up a few fried eggs last night and laid them across some refried beans and cheese. I put too much salt on them so it got spoiled. Put salsa on the tippy top and other than the salt content, it tasted good.

I'm coming out of the funk since the sun returned. Two more days until payday. I checked my balance online just a few minutes ago: less than $4. I sure hope nothing else comes due before then. Most things I have set up on auto debit. Works great until you hit lean times. Then it's a bit unnerving.

I've been searching the web for jobs. Nursing and other things. I even posted a couple new ads for "situations wanted." I also listed a very nice Nikon DSLR camera with all the accessories on Craigslist. So far I got an offer to trade for an electric guitar and amp or to take $175 off of my asking price. People are dense.

About the "stuff" idea. I look at it this way: If it involves me taking out my wallet and handing over the cash, how can that be a good deal for me or saving me money? Curious how the advertising industry has got us all wired to think that being on sale means we are saving money by handing it over!

I've read about how people (average people) became millionaires. Do you know how they lived? Frugally. I mean, without things that we tend to feel are necessary. It's shocking and amazing but true. So I guess when they got their nest egg, they still live frugally in order to keep it. Who they're saving it up for is a mystery to me, but it is a good lesson for us all to learn.

Have you ever calculated the cost of something that you might not consider to be expensive, such as a morning coffee at Dunkin Donuts on your way to work? (Just an example.) It may only cost $2-3 but over a year, it is a lot of money. Same with magazine subscriptions and all other things that we really don't need.

As for me personally, I waste the majority of my $$ on things that are not good for me, like food that can be delivered or picked up (ie chocolate) and booze. If I could break those bad habits for good, I'd be just fine. Well, much closer to being "just fine" but still in need of a little job.

No walk for Cisco today. Got barn duty and I'm doing a load of clothes and brewing a pot of coffee. I sprinkled apple pie spice into the grounds. Hope it tastes yummy! Slowly coffee is becoming pleasurable again. I thought it would taste great from the get-go but it didn't.

I just went to get a cup of coffee and noticed it's only 60.6 degrees outside! Going to make for an interesting barn day.

I hope everyone has a lovely day in their neck of the woods.

Last edited by CherylB; 10-01-2012 at 10:47 AM..
Old 10-02-2012, 11:21 AM   #1179
Big Yapper!

Countdown to pay day continues. Only about 18 hours to go! Raining today so it's the perfect day to be homebound. Once again, I'm glad I no longer do the barn stuff on Tuesdays.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:06 PM   #1180
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Countdown to pay day continues. Only about 18 hours to go! Raining today so it's the perfect day to be homebound. Once again, I'm glad I no longer do the barn stuff on Tuesdays.
Only 2 more hrs til pay day! I have the card they put my money on & it gets added on at 1 a.m.
Been busy with Chloe and not feeling well on Sunday and Monday. I need to go to the dr and get blood work and a good check up. I'm always not feeling well. Something has to be happening in this old body! LOL
Can't wait to go see Shawn. We are leaving Thurs alittle past midnight and driving all night. His graduation is pushed to the 17th, but he has a 4 day wkend the wkend of the 12th! Looks like we'll be staying til Monday now. Wish we could see him graduate, but thats def not happening.
Took Chloe for a stroll today since it was so warm out. Tomorrow will be a nice day too. Gonna get her outside again. She loves being outside! She constantly asks to go outside and stands at the front door. Poor baby is going to really hate winter.
My "dieting" has flown the coop! I'm just not into it. Are you having any luck?
Have you gone to the gym again?
Ttys!
Old 10-02-2012, 08:49 PM   #1181
Big Yapper!

I'm sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well, Tammy. I hope it's just a passing thing. Do you think it has something to do with the change of season? Sometimes that's all it is with me. Well, that and being dirt poor. Let's hear it for PAYDAY!!! When I wake up tomorrow, I can start living again. I feel like I've been barely breathing since last Tuesday, which was my last day of going to the gym.

I hope you have an amazing trip and time with your son. That's rotten that you can't see him graduate. Hopefully someone can take a video and make it available to everyone who wants one. That would be nice, anyway.

I hope some of that warmth is heading our way. It rained pretty steadily all day long today. It tapered off when I put Cisco out around 11pm but it was still going on. More like a fast mist.

Dieting? I've been living off of what I could find in this house to eat, so I haven't been trying to drop lbs but find anything I could that would help me get through another day of being destitute. It's tough when you are used to soothing yourself with things like food and booze and then you have neither around. Sucks royally. But now I'll be able to go shopping and make (hopefully) wise choices and get back to the gym. I really screwed up big-time in September as far as managing my money.

I hope you sleep well tonight. TTYT, okay? Happy for both of our bank accounts.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:54 AM   #1182
Big Yapper!!!!

Payday? I live for it too!!

Glad you're getting some cooler weather. Please share!! Sitll 100 here . This is always the hardest part for me. Waiting for the cool off. It'll come, but I'm pre-programmed from growing up on the East coast for the Fall to come now!! Sigh. We're heading up to Flagstaff on Sat for some cooler weather and see some leaves!!

Hope you're doing well!
Old 10-03-2012, 10:25 AM   #1183
Big Yapper!

Ooh! I love Flagstaff. So great that all you have to do is go for a drive to get a taste of the cooler or colder season. I heard Flagstaff gets more snow each winter than Denver does! I guess with Denver being such a sunny city, the snow tends to melt pretty quickly. Anyway, dress warmly when you head for the mountains!

Where on the East Coast did you live when you were growing up? I lived the first 24 years of my life right here in CT. I couldn't wait to leave and see the more exciting places across this country. I saw a lot of them! But here I am, back where I swore I'd never live again. Never say never.

It's a gloomy day again here today but so far, no rain. But it's sunny inside! Knowing I'm no longer destitute puts a seriously joyful song in my heart. Thank you, Lord for watching my back! Please help me to do my part.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:03 PM   #1184
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yayyy for pay day! BUT I paid a couple bills, bought some groceries and have to save the rest for our trip to KY. So no spending on extras. I can def do it. Going to see Shawn is more than enough motivation.
Its gorgeous today and will be tomorrow too, then we'll be in the 50's for some time. Our leaves are changing and falling off the trees now.
TOM showed up today so 3'M feeling a bit . Sucks! But atleast by the time we leave for KY it'll be practically gone. Yeah, over a week away and I'm saying "practically gone". Its terrible!
I know you are happy to have some moola in your pocket! Just don't get too happy with it! LOL
I'll ttys!
Old 10-03-2012, 02:04 PM   #1185
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Ooh! I love Flagstaff. So great that all you have to do is go for a drive to get a taste of the cooler or colder season. I heard Flagstaff gets more snow each winter than Denver does! I guess with Denver being such a sunny city, the snow tends to melt pretty quickly. Anyway, dress warmly when you head for the mountains!

Where on the East Coast did you live when you were growing up? I lived the first 24 years of my life right here in CT. I couldn't wait to leave and see the more exciting places across this country. I saw a lot of them! But here I am, back where I swore I'd never live again. Never say never.

It's a gloomy day again here today but so far, no rain. But it's sunny inside! Knowing I'm no longer destitute puts a seriously joyful song in my heart. Thank you, Lord for watching my back! Please help me to do my part.
Exactly! I love that in 2.5hours I can be cold!! Well, not cold yet. But in a few months it will be. We take the girls up to go sledding each winter at least once. They have a warped view of snow - that's it's easy to deal with and not messy, but we know differently .

I'm from Phila. originally. Moved out to SCal for college, then back to Pa where I met/married dh and had the girls. We went to FL for 6 months (too long!! I do NOT like FL!!) and then moved out here to AZ 7 years ago. It's starting to feel like home, but I really miss the seasons . Fall the most though

Enjoy the cooler weather. This is such a great time to live in CT. you have lovely leaves, apples, crisp weather. Just right for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Still so odd to do Thanksgiving in shorts!

I know winter is coming which is a bummer for you, but my favorite season now. Still seems so odd to me, but I'll take it!! Sunny and warm all winter . You remember.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:27 PM   #1186
Big Yapper!

Tammy, our leaves are falling almost as quickly as they are changing. Not sure why, but they look pretty for a little while. Trust me. I know how it felt to run completely out of money so even though I have a "full" checking account today, I know how easily and quickly it gets empty.

I went shopping for just the things for two recipes. TWO. And spend almost $100. That leaves $127 for the rest of the month, so I'm going to be living off of beef stew, french onion soup and pasta for most of the month. I splurged and had pizza for dinner. That will be my one and only splurge for the month.

Julie, I wish you could spend more time in Flagstaff so you could really soak up the season. But at least you have Aspen trees! We have none of those here. I just adore them when they are all golden and fluttering in the breeze. OMG. Heaven!

When we lived in Vegas (me and hubby), we used to drive up to Mount Charleston to get away from the heat. In fact, we tied the knot up there and on May 25, it snowed. Our outdoor wedding was held in the lobby of the resort hotel rather than overlooking the fabulous canyon. :/ Later I found out hubby had been praying for a unique day. But it was about 20 degrees cooler up there any time of year.

Yeah, Thanksgiving and Christmas in a dry, warm climate is hard to get used to at first. I remember driving around in a convertible in San Antonio in January. Freaky! But I also remember being down on the River Walk to see the Thanksgiving river parade and freezing our asses off. It can go either way down there.

Tammy, I hope TOM is completely over with by the time you head for KY. I'm sorry you feel nasty right now. Just keep thinking about your up-coming trip and how great it will be to see Shawn.

I'm going to watch the Presidential Debate at 9 EST tonight. Not sure why I'm bothering. Just morbid curiosity I suppose. I want to see who comes out on top and who is a better schmoozer. Come Lord Jesus! This world is not my home. I'm tired of all the nonsense and games. Take me home!

It was really weird when I got in the car and turned it on today. The low gas light was no longer on and the needle was more in the 1/8th of a tank range. Even after I started to drive down the road, it didn't come back on. So I just bought $5 worth at the expensive station in town and will fill up at the slightly less expensive place in Bristol tomorrow. How will any of us cope if gas prices go up even higher than they are right now? Society will come to a screeching halt. Food prices will be so high that many will turn to "dumpster diving." I can't think about that or I'll get depressed.

Have a fabulous but inexpensive evening, dear ladies! You know what I'll be doing. Tomorrow I'll head back to the gym. Hey! I got a pair of nose clamps for swimming now, so I won't be in danger of drowning in the gym pool anymore. They are a crystal clear plastic and if they slip off my nose, I wonder if I'll be able to find them again. I had no choice in the color.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:32 PM   #1187
Big Yapper!

Julie, I spent a lot of time in FL too and I agree with you. It's hot, humid and buggy, plus it's so flat. If you aren't standing on the beach, it's not too thrilling. I never spent more than about 8 or 9 months down there in one clip. I haven't been back there since January of 2003. I do miss my second cousin who lives in West Palm Beach. I keep telling myself I need to go see her but I haven't driven farther than to Hershey PA in all this time. I don't know if I'd trust my car to make the trip there and back and I am so out of condition for that kind of driving. I never could do more than 8 hours in a day even then. I'd find a hotel and pick back up again the next day.

I've only driven through Philadelphia but it looked like a pretty cool place. What was it like living there back then?
Old 10-03-2012, 09:34 PM   #1188
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

We didn't get any rain today. I watched a bit of the debate, didn't care for it. I dont see the point of it really. They all lie!
I've been painfully crampy today. Watched Chloe 3-8 p.m. and then got to lay down and relax. My dd has tomorrow off but shes taking the bf to the chiropractor in the morning so I'll have Chloe. I swear this baby throws something, I'm gonna put her in her playpen! LOL Just joking. We haven't used that thing in months! I dont know why shes always throwing things. Drives me crazy!
Pizza....Mmmm I cant eat pizza! I miss it too. It makes me sick, anything with sauce makes me sick.
Well, gonna watch some tv. ttyt!
Old 10-03-2012, 10:06 PM   #1189
Big Yapper!

Oh, man! I love anything with sauce on it. I would curl up and die if I had to give up Italian type foods. I'm sorry Chloe is chucking stuff these days. She's getting attention for it I guess. Kids want attention at any price. Wish I had some valuable advice on this but all I can say is DUCK! And put all the fragile stuff under lock and key.

Yes, they all lie. And it boggles my mind how they can talk and really say nothing at all. Where do they go in college to learn how to do that? That is a skill I do NOT have.

I saw a job online for a "visual marketer" or something nutty like that, at a local store. They are looking for someone to set things up in a visually appealing way in the store, like on end-caps and stuff, to get people to stop and consider buying the stuff. It's been half my life ago since I worked in retail, but I think I could handle that. Anything at this juncture would be helpful. I may apply.

I hope that I can slide back into my gym routine as of tomorrow. I am sorry that a whole week slid by without going. I won't let that happen ever again. I will have enough gas to get me through until payday. I will not (God willing) ever be stranded at home again.

I don't know why the heck I'm not sleeping the past couple of nights. It's nuts! All the same darn drugs, the same routine, just not willing to go unconscious for some reason. I want to have a switch that I can just flip so I can sleep on command. That would be so great.

Night, Tammy. I see you're still online. Go to sleep, woman!
Old 10-04-2012, 02:02 PM   #1190
Big Yapper!

I am cooking a pumpkin pie in the oven. No crust, just the filling in a pyrex bowl. (The white ones. Drawing a blank here.) I had made one of those "pour and bake" pumpkin pies while I was awaiting being paid. This time I used a can of pumpkin and looked up recipes that used coconut milk instead of sweetened condensed milk, cause I didn't have any. Well, it's baking now and I will try and let it cool off this time so I'm not eating it with a spoon like the last time. If it comes out well, I'll add that to my list of recipes to make for a special occasion and spring for an actual crust.

So nope, not dieting at the moment! Didn't make it to the gym, either. So gloomy that I went back to sleep and took a nap. Been drinking coffee with cream and ez sweetz ever since I woke up but I'm about to switch over to vodka and crystal light.

Tomorrow is supposed to actually be sunny and it might be our only sunny day until well into next week so I'm going to make sure I get outside and enjoy it.

ETA: I am going to get up in time to shop at the Food Pantry tomorrow. I haven't gone in over a month, maybe two and I need to get whatever I can from them. They don't have much but something is better than nothing. Soon they will be giving out turkeys and all the trimmings for the two big holidays. I'm single so I doubt I'll get more than a turkey breast but we'll see. It depends on how slim the pickin's are.

Last edited by CherylB; 10-04-2012 at 02:06 PM..
Old 10-04-2012, 03:09 PM   #1191
Big Yapper!

Verdict: It was okay but not great. It rose well but since I didn't use a traditional pie plate, it was rather thick and didn't cook all the way through the center. The taste was mild. Might have been because of the coconut milk having a flavor of its own.

In other news, I reposted my RN for hire to do home visits ad and someone responded! I wrote him back and I'm awaiting his reply. He's looking for someone to help him, not his parent. I hope this is the start of something good. I need it to be!
Old 10-05-2012, 07:08 PM   #1192
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pendragginp
With you Cheryl!
Old 10-06-2012, 11:32 AM   #1193
Big Yapper!

Thanks, hon! I've been going back and forth with the guy and it's not exactly what I had posted I was looking to do but it is a start. It's far better than having no interested parties at all!

Looks like we're going to get a quick shower, just in time for barn duty. It's in the low 70's and I am a happy girl. Windows open and curtains flowing.

Have fun today, wherever you are. BBL, probably.
Old 10-06-2012, 11:50 AM   #1194
Big Yapper!

Just a heads-up. Tonight on the Discovery Chanel, there is a new program called "Winged Planet." It's going to be amazing. They have tiny cameras strapped onto birds and they have caught amazing footage from a birds-eye view. They saw flying manta rays for the first time ever!
Old 10-06-2012, 05:10 PM   #1195
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pendragginp
Lovely! Going to look for it -
Old 10-06-2012, 06:17 PM   #1196
Big Yapper!

Wow! I'm loving this program on the Discovery Chanel. I can't help but be amazed at God whenever I watch something like this.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:45 PM   #1197
Big Yapper!

Today was very interesting. I have two new job prospects tonight than I had yesterday. Both equine care jobs in the area. One is part time, the other is full time. (Both referred to me by the equine care manager as a result of my email plea for a job the other day.) I am going to apply to both and take any one of them that is offered to me. I can always change my mind later on if I decide I don't like it or can't handle it. I learned from the last job that I oriented to and then declined. I have been wishing I had made another choice ever since.

I groomed the two goats today! There was extra time and I was standing in their stall while they ate their dinnertime grain. I saw that they were covered in crud and I've always wanted to brush them. I just never had the time. So I asked a young girl to hand me their bucket and after they finished eating, I started to brush them.

I did Lucy first. She's the mama goat. I started with her bur-filled goatee and she didn't like it, but at least she didn't run away. I got the burs out and then brushed it out and it looked nice. I took the small pile of burs and tossed them out the window so they wouldn't get all tangled up in it again if she decided to investigate.

She loves to be groomed! She was just like a dog; standing there and just taking it all in. When I finished brushing her, she just kept standing there, waiting for her turn again. I will always groom her from now on.

I groomed her daughter after her and let me tell you, it was an entirely different experience! She took off running when I tried to take the burs out of her goatee. She didn't just tilt her head and pull away, she hauled @$$! I stepped outside their stall to get her collar and put it on her but that didn't help much. It gave me something to hold onto but she still drug me all over the place!!!

I don't think Ellen (the dd) liked it as much as Lucy did so I will just focus my efforts on Lucy in the future and just give Ellen a quick once-over to make her feel cared for.

I am going to apply to both of those jobs tomorrow. One only lists a phone number so I'll call them. But the other wants a resume and cover letter so I'll personalize them and send them off post haste. I hope something comes of this! I don't want to work full-time but I want to work with horses so badly that I'd take the full-time job and just hope for a part time position eventually.

I know what brings me joy and what doesn't. That alone gives me wisdom in knowing what to do with my time; both today and everyday thereafter. Thank you Lord for wisdom, however hard it is earned.

Last edited by CherylB; 10-06-2012 at 08:49 PM..
Old 10-07-2012, 10:55 PM   #1198
Big Yapper!!!!

"I know what brings me joy and what doesn't. That alone gives me wisdom in knowing what to do with my time; both today and everyday thereafter. Thank you Lord for wisdom, however hard it is earned."
That's wonderful!! 2 job prospects? You'll do well with both of them, I'm sure. How exciting!! I'm really happy for you!!

Cute about the goats. Wonder how long they'll stay "clean" .

Looking froward to good news soon!
Old 10-08-2012, 04:56 PM   #1199
Big Yapper!

Wow. I got pissed at the barn today and totally let it all out to the equine care manager that was working with me. This chick who was still in high school came and she was the "leader" for the lesson at 6 pm with one of the horses. I had already groomed the horse and he was munching hay in his stall, waiting to be tacked up. So I had already said I would groom the other horse right after that one but this girl showed up and supposedly came in early to help out. I asked her if she wanted to groom the horse or have me groom it. She said it didn't matter. So we went out to get the horse. I had her put the halter on and she said, "Is that right?" Bringing the horse back to the barn, she was clearly not sure how to bring the horse inside. If I hadn't shown her how to put the cross ties on, she wouldn't have known.

This girl doesn't know the first thing about horses. I have tried to be a leader since I started there 10 months ago and I was told that leaders had to pass tests and that not just anyone could be a leader. Well, this girl didn't have the slightest clue how to even groom the horse. Leaders get their horse from the paddock and lead them back to the barn to groom and tack their horse. She said she's been leading this particular horse now for THREE WEEKS.

As soon as she very tentatively lead the horse out of the barn on their way up to the arena (after I tacked him up), I immediately talked to the equine manager. I said how unfair this was and how unqualified that chick is to be a leader. To be ANYTHING at this point. I really think all they care about is that the kid is the right size for her body frame and too young to drink. I'm not one and a long way from being the other.

Clearly I am being discriminated against. By a therapeutic riding place that provides horse therapy to the disabled. How ironic is that?! Horses sense a lot more than we do and it's just a matter of time before the horse spooks and takes off and that chick loses control of the animal. I can just see it now and it scares the heck out of me. And her horse happens to be very easily startled. He once knocked the staff girl to the ground and she had to go to the ER for a Cat scan of her head.

Why does this stuff bother me? Because I want to be so much to this place and I feel like I'm being told (but not in as many words) that I'm not good enough. That stirs up some very deep dirt and dust inside of me. I am more than good enough! I'm not perfect and I have a lot to learn, but COME ON! Be straight with me. I deserve that much.

So, it is what it is. Only about 1 month left of lessons and then it will be done for the season. Thank you Lord! Let things get back to normal, where all the program people completely vanish until things resume in the Spring.

Sorry for the gripe session but if I can't gripe on my journal thread, where can I?

Last edited by CherylB; 10-08-2012 at 04:58 PM..
Old 10-08-2012, 05:31 PM   #1200
Big Yapper!

Well, I guess, never-mind. Looks like I'm now approved to "lead all horses." I'm always shocked at how regularly miscommunications occur even when we think we're expressing ourselves. Oy!
Closed Thread