Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2012, 07:46 PM   #91
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Okay. Here we go.

Barn, Big Red 2.jpgBarn, Bugsy.jpgBarn, Calvin.jpg

I'm having difficulty posting more than 3 at a time, so I'll play it the way I have to.

From left to right: Big Red, Bugsy, Calvin

Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2012, 07:50 PM   #92
Big Yapper!

Here's three more.

Barn, Calvin with tongue out.jpgBarn, Daphne.jpgBarn, Daphne 4.jpg

L>R: Calvin (didn't see his tongue til I looked at it on the computer), Daphne, Daphne. (The only thing on her that isn't mud is the Gorbachev-esc mark on her barrel.
Old 01-24-2012, 07:55 PM   #93
Big Yapper!

Last three, then I can go to bed feeling like I accomplished what I set out to do!

Barn, Flopsy and Mopsy.jpgBarn, Flopsy or Mopsy.jpgBarn, Frodo 2.jpg

Flopsy and Mopsy, Flopsy OR Mopsy, Frodo.

No pics of Charmed to post yet. He's a hard one to photograph. I'll keep trying. I forgot to post the one of the goats. It didn't turn out that good, anyway.

Nite, ladies! I hope we all have fabulous scale mornings.

Old 01-24-2012, 08:00 PM   #94
Big Yapper!

Can't do an incomplete job! Does that make me OCD???? Is that my biggest problem? Please! Somebody give me a diagnosis!

Barn, Charmed.jpgBarn, goats in day stall.jpgBarn, Lola 2.jpg

L>R: An indescrete and unflaturing shot of Charmed, the two goats (Lucy and Ellen) in their day hut, and Lola.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:12 AM   #95
Senior LCF Member

Location: Wherever the Motorhome is parked, Today Pigeon Forge, TN
Gallery: katiesmemaw
WOE: hcg
LUUUUUUVVVVVVVVVVVVV all the pictures. Aren't animals wonderful!!! They are lucky to have you!!! I like your pic too. Hope you are having a great day!!! Betty
Old 01-25-2012, 06:29 AM   #96
Big Yapper!

Thanks, Betty. Well, so far this is a very sucky week. Today I am the exact same weight as yesterday, which was the day after my fat fast which only dropped me 1.6 lbs. That's pitiful. I don't know how long I can take these slow losses. I am so stocked up for Atkins but I can see a possible HCG (UGH) round in February.

The goal is weight loss. It is not eating yummy, fatty foods and maintaining. Nope!
Old 01-25-2012, 06:46 AM   #97
Senior LCF Member

I know what you mean. Hcg did spoil me. So many years of going to WW and losing .2 a week or gaining .4 each week. Did that for years eating right by plan. Dh and I started loading yesterday for another round. R3 for me R2 for him. The drops I've always taken are "backordered". We have a bottle of Intermountain hhcg so we'll be trying that this round. Hope they work! I'm so sick right now from all that food yesterday all I feel like is I wanna throw up. Whether I've reset my metabolism or not I've sure reset my eating habits and tolerances for all this (what used to be) yummy foods!!!
Hope your sucky week is behind you and the rest is blessed and "unsucky" lol.
Betty
R1:228/190.0/175 Total Loss: 38 lbs.
R2:192.2/163.6/165 (LDW 168.0) Total Loss: 29.2 lbs
R3Restart 2/9/12: 163.0/154.4/155 to 159
R4 9/17/12 176.0/158.4
R5 1/8/13 181.6/168.0

"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream. -CS Lewis"
Old 01-25-2012, 07:52 AM   #98
Big Yapper!

Best of luck with the round for you and your hubby! I am "of two minds", but what's new? I know that if I do the hcg, it is a "diet" and Atkins really isn't. It's a lifestyle. And I know that when I go too far to the left (strict dieting for fast results), I swing that much farther back to the right when I "snap" and eat because of emotions. Then I'm stuck in a binging cycle.

I have so much Atkins food. If I don't eat it or find a way to freeze it (most of it is stuff like dairy that won't freeze), I have to give it away or just eat it and give myself a week more before heading back into hcg. If I do another round, I won't even try to figure out what number it is. I've started rounds and faded away or been so rogue that it is hard to call it a round.

How do you feel when you look back on all those years of doing things like WW and losing such tiny amounts while sticking to plan? Are you just letting "bygones be bygones"? I'm in a mood this week, so when I think if that had been me, I'd be really miffed.

Good luck with the Intermountain drops. I've never tried the drops. I've been pellets from the get-go. I like them! Easy and convenient.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:29 AM   #99
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Oh, Cheryl! The animals are beautiful! I can see why it lifts your heart and feeds your soul to go there! Do not stop--no matter how you feel about the people or the politics of the place. Those animals are good for you!

I know what you ladies are saying about the hcg--look at me, doing another round. Yeah, I could've taken six weeks or longer to lose the few pounds I gained on my trip, but why? I don't think I'll ever have the patience for slow losses again. But hopefully, I can get stable and won't have to lose again, except maybe post vacation or Christmas (gotta be realistic, here...)

Have a great day, Cheryl! And 1.6 is a pretty good chunk of weight lost for any plan but hcg--expect your body to need to adjust for a day or two. This is NORMAL!

My (old) HCG Journal

My NEW Journal
Old 01-25-2012, 10:20 AM   #100
Big Yapper!

Thanks, VQ. I just expected more for a fat fast day. I basically ate and drank the usual but I measured and kept track of % and kept calories low-ish. Maybe I'm always up in the 70% fat range on Atkins. Don't even care to know. I love not having to use ******. I'll be using it again soon enough, when hhcg comes back to haunt me.

I know what you mean about not having patience for slow losses anymore. I just can't imagine relying on hhcg for the rest of my life, periodically. I think if we have to do that, then we really didn't get "reset" the way we thought we would. I mean, look at Deb, though! She is the one case I know of where she did a Dr-prescribed hcg plan and really seems to have gotten a new metabolism. I know she ate organic meats. I did that on my last round and I was losing like gang-busters (eating just chicken breast and steamed broccoli) but I got burned-out on it so fast!

I really do feel like I'd make a good vegan (the kind that eats dairy, and maybe bacon.) I just don't enjoy meat the way I used to! I have a pork shoulder I made last week and I've barely put a dent into it. Something about the gristle that runs through the meat makes me think of the animal it used to be. It takes away the enjoyment of eating it. I'm no "activist", but it's just a change that is occurring inside of me. I have been going through it for about 8 months. It makes it really hard to commit to LC.

I mean, is it impossible for a vegetarian to do hcg? I used to try to do it and eat cottage cheese and eggs and stuff like that for my protein. Losses were slower but I was more interested in eating. I wonder if I tried it again but used those egg whites that come in a carton if I could get away with that. (some have a little yolk but the fat content is way lower than regular eggs.) My fat would be low and I'd still eat some veggies. Just no grain (as Deb did) and only occasional fruit.

I'm a blabbermouth today! Actually, I'm about to "turn-over" to 7,000 posts soon. Will it go to "Way too much time on my hands"? We shall see.

Have an excellent day. I already posted on your journal. Glad you're doing so well!

I forgot to mention what you said about the pics and the farm. I do love it there. And it is widely-known there by all that we are all in therapy with the horses and animals. Even those of us who are giving routine care. It does something to your soul. I am more confidant and feel I have a greater air of being in charge around them than I do with dogs, and I've got much more experience with dogs. But even after watching Cesar Milan season after season, my dog still pulls when on the leash. But as big as they are, and as potentially dangerous as they are, I feel I can stand up to them. I think it might be a natural God-given gift. Time will tell. I think that's why yesterday was so disappointing. I don't want to be held back from doing what I'm capable of doing and more-than-willing to do.

My problems lie with PEOPLE. I have trouble with people, not animals. But I can't have one without the other. And since there are SO MANY different people there, it is going to be my greatest challenge. Just staying on everyone's good side and learning to work with so many different personalities. Many of whom I only encounter once in a blue moon.

LAST EDIT! I wonder if the people I am working with think that I'm Schizo because I talk to the animals as I work with them. I hope they don't think I'm talking to myself. I imagine from a distance they just see me jabbering away and might think I'm nuts! I just talk to whomever I'm working with. I think it's a good thing.

Last edited by CherylB; 01-25-2012 at 10:44 AM..
Old 01-25-2012, 02:51 PM   #101
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Best of luck with the round for you and your hubby! I am "of two minds", but what's new? I know that if I do the hcg, it is a "diet" and Atkins really isn't. It's a lifestyle. And I know that when I go too far to the left (strict dieting for fast results), I swing that much farther back to the right when I "snap" and eat because of emotions. Then I'm stuck in a binging cycle.

I have so much Atkins food. If I don't eat it or find a way to freeze it (most of it is stuff like dairy that won't freeze), I have to give it away or just eat it and give myself a week more before heading back into hcg. If I do another round, I won't even try to figure out what number it is. I've started rounds and faded away or been so rogue that it is hard to call it a round.

How do you feel when you look back on all those years of doing things like WW and losing such tiny amounts while sticking to plan? Are you just letting "bygones be bygones"? I'm in a mood this week, so when I think if that had been me, I'd be really miffed.

Good luck with the Intermountain drops. I've never tried the drops. I've been pellets from the get-go. I like them! Easy and convenient.
Thank you for the encouraging words Cheryl. I can't allow myself to live in the past...have too few years left in the future. Really don't want to waste any more of my life "regretting" that it took me 67 years to finally get the weight off!! I just thank God that he finally led me to finding the solution with hcg!!! It is all part of life's journey. I'm celebrating daily that I'm at a weight I can't even remember ever being. My life centered around my obesity my entire life. I can't even begin to tell you how ridiculously silly I feel when I go into a store and DARE to try on a size 8 pair of jeans....some brands fit....some don't!! Far cry from the size 22 or 24 and a size 12 sweater instead of a 3X. Amazing!!!
I pray for your continued success and wish you much happiness!
Betty
Old 01-25-2012, 03:05 PM   #102
Big Yapper!

Well, Betty, you are a true inspiration to me. In fact, I've given it some deep thought today and I've decided to start another round on Sunday the 29th. I'll be doing a "slow load" from tonight through Saturday night. Meaning I won't be going hog-wild but I'll be eating things that don't fit on Atkins. I still have things to scarf like eggs, bacon and I bought a ton of lettuce. I'm going to eat salads rich with ranch dressing, etc. That way I can be gearing up for HCG while not wasting all this food.

So as of about 30 minutes ago, I am officially off Atkins. I am going to do HCG all of February, if I can last that long. At the least, I will do the 21 VLCD's but I'm going to try to make it to the end of February so that March 1 will be my first P3 day. (That would end up being 32 VLCD's, 2 off pellets.) March 2nd is my sister Teresa's 54th birthday so that will be a pizza party and then just the next evening is the "Horses' Ball." No idea what that will be like but it's at a fancy restaurant.

I'm going to be turning heads at that Ball. The best revenge is success. Don't hate me because I'm beautiful!

Last edited by CherylB; 01-25-2012 at 03:08 PM..
Old 01-25-2012, 06:43 PM   #103
Big Yapper!

Wow! What wine, pizza and Dove peanut butter and chocolate treats can do for a body and soul! I'm reborn. I'm going to love this "slow load."

Good news on another front. I got offered a Paraffin Wax bath for feet on Freecycle! I posted a "wanted" ad and days later I got my second nibble. This one is much closer to home and so I'm going to pick it up tomorrow. My aching feet need some special care so I hope this is a good unit. I gave away a paraffin bath a year or two ago to another Freecycler. I wonder if I'm getting mine back again!

Sweet dreams. I expect to sleep better than I have in the past 17 days, with wine on board.
Old 01-26-2012, 05:03 AM   #104
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Gremom
Good Morning, Ms. Awesome Cheryl!!

I LOVE, LOVE , LOVE the pics of the animals. Horses are one of God's most beautiful creations! Thank you for sharing a little piece of your heavan with us!

Looks like you have a plan for hcg. I hope it goes well for you. I don't think I will EVER do it again, but to each her own!

Your slow load sounds yummy! And I am totally jealous of your meal last night. Mmmmmm!!
Old 01-26-2012, 09:13 AM   #105
Big Yapper!

And good morning to you too, awesome Stacey! I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures. I don't know when I'll be taking any more unless they are with my blackberry, which takes sucky pics of moving objects. Invariably, when I see one standing in a pretty way and I go to point the camera/phone at them, they start walking my way. I took more pics than I posted but I skipped the ones of them walking toward me.

I too am sick of HCG but I am still in love with the results it brings. I just can't bear the thought of still struggling with this weight loss into the Spring. I want to be close to goal by Spring. I want to be shopping for all new clothes for this coming Spring and Summer season. And I want to be wearing my goal dress which I keep hanging on my bedroom door, to remind me of how pretty it will be when I'm wearing it, and how good it will feel on me.

So I'm willing to sacrifice all during February. It's a good month as far as no holidays (I'm not someones sweetheart, so no Valentine Day candy for me.) Then birthdays and things start ramping up in March. That will be the perfect time to be back on an Atkins plan.

I thought I had more bottles of unopened pellets than I do! I recently offered one to someone and now I'm glad she didn't want them! I'm going to have to use up the two open bottles I have and hope for the best, and maybe buy some more for later on. Insurance. With my regain, I know I can't get to goal with just one single round. But maybe if I do it "the right way", I can actually get some resetting-benefits finally.

Have a nice day, ladies! I need to run and go pick up a few things. (Freecycle strikes again!)
Old 01-26-2012, 01:47 PM   #106
Big Yapper!

Checking in again. Strange weather day. The weather guy said we experienced something very off and I can't recall the name of it. It's a snow flake that gets encased in some kind of ice on the way to the earth and it looks and feels like styrofoam balls. I didn't see any and I'm sort of glad because I think I would have driven off the road at the sight of something I'd never seen falling from the sky before! (Found the name on Google. It's called Graupel!)

Got me a nice Paraffin wax bath today! (Freecycle.) I need to buy some new wax and get rid of what is left inside of it. The level is low, plus I don't think it's wise to use wax that has other people's skin cells in it. It's designed for feet so that is what I'm going to be using it for (after farm days.)

Staying in and staying home for the rest of the night. I'm enjoying my "slow load" and counting the days until I start shedding this weight more rapidly than I had been.

I hope everyone is well tonight!
Old 01-26-2012, 11:06 PM   #107
Blabbermouth!!!

Cheryl, I'm finishing up two opened bottles, one from way back in the summer, and they seem to be working fine!
Old 01-27-2012, 11:36 AM   #108
Big Yapper!

That's good to hear! I want to use the opened ones unless I really feel that they aren't working. I am super-careful with dispensing them and keep the cap clean, etc.

Feeling rather like manure today. I called in at the Farm and told them I had a GI illness and didn't think I should come today. I don't know if I'm getting completely paranoid or if I'm just really "in tune." But the woman who answered the phone (who is a nice person, as far as I can tell) ended our call with, "Thanks for calling so early." It was as I was saying goodbye and pulling the phone away from my ear so I didn't even have a chance to react. Now, calling at 2 pm when I'm supposed to be there at 4 pm, that was a snarky comment. Was it not? I told her the other two people who were on the pm shift today, so she knew I wasn't leaving one person twisting in the wind.

I wanted the experience of working with the animals and learning what I could as I went along, giving my time and energy. But what I'm getting is "too many cooks in the kitchen" and they are all women. It's like being back working as a nurse! I'm surrounded by women who I only see briefly and then sporadically and each of them has their own quirks. It's wearing on me and I don't know if I can keep going there if I'm going to be feeling like I'm being put on the spot all the time. I was never good with pop-quiz's.

I don't have the money for it, but I think I'm going to have to work toward finding the money to do a partial lease on a horse. Then I shouldn't be dealing with so many people as if they are "over me" and watching my every move.

I knew I shouldn't post today. I should just delete this entire thing and sign off. But what's a journal for if not for griping?

Here I am, world! Sorry!

Last edited by CherylB; 01-27-2012 at 11:38 AM..
Old 01-27-2012, 01:15 PM   #109
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: paulabob
Stats: 204/124.6/110 49%/27.4%/20% 5'2"
WOE: Atkins/hHcg/Optimal whatever works
Start Date: restart March '10
Quote:
But the woman who answered the phone (who is a nice person, as far as I can tell) ended our call with, "Thanks for calling so early." It was as I was saying goodbye and pulling the phone away from my ear so I didn't even have a chance to react. Now, calling at 2 pm when I'm supposed to be there at 4 pm, that was a snarky comment. Was it not?
It sounds like honest thanks to me. Maybe I'm wrong, but maybe she was glad a volunteer called instead of no show-ing.

Feel better...I'm still under the weather, not quite cleared of this cold/sinus bug. Get/Stay Healthy!
Old 01-27-2012, 01:58 PM   #110
Big Yapper!

I just hate how difficult I find relationships to be. Personal, face-to-face relationships are full off mystery to me. I know I inherited this lovely trait from my Father who was Bipolar. I am pretty sure I have it too and I know how hard he found getting along with people to be at times. I just feel like I'm always being "mis-read."

If I had called at noon, I'd have considered that giving them a good amount of notice (if they needed to find a replacement) but I didn't feel I was calling early at all. I thought it was rather late. I was going to force myself to go but then I just decided to call and cancel. It was probably a bad move on my part.

I'm sorry you are still feeling sick, Paula. This thing has been affecting you for a while now, hasn't it? I hope it's out the door soon.

Get/Stay well sounds like a plan to me.
Old 01-27-2012, 05:25 PM   #111
Blabbermouth!!!

I feel almost certain she was trying to be friendly and polite. Snarkiness usually involves an unmistakably sarcastic tone of voice. Don't read too much into it, and just go back for your next scheduled shift. Don't quit--you need to be out among people and animals!
Old 01-27-2012, 08:08 PM   #112
Big Yapper!

I know it. But the animals more than the people. I don't need people in real life. I have all of you girls and I can reply to your posts when I have the time!
Old 01-28-2012, 03:51 AM   #113
Senior LCF Member

Sending completely positive thoughts your way for a wonderful and peace filled weekend. When's your next visit with the beautiful horses?
Betty
Old 01-28-2012, 09:37 AM   #114
Big Yapper!

That will be Tuesday, Betty. Next week looks pretty wet so it will be par for the course, I'm afraid. Friday had just stopped raining after a 2-day storm blew through.

This is my last day of loading! Tomorrow I start my HCG round. I hope I can last all the way through February but if I can't, I'll at least do the minimum 21 VLCDs. My hope is to be solidly in the 150's by the end of the round. Then I think maybe I can get the rest of the way to 140 on the final lap.

Atkins is a great way to maintain, but the more times in life you do it and then stop doing it, it because more and more ineffective for weight loss. Unless you don't mind losing just a few lbs a month or less. Hence, maintenance. Which is fine, cause I loves me some cream in my coffee!

In fact, of all the things I'm going to need to adjust to, I'm wondering if I should switch over to herbal tea for February. I'm in one of my die-hard coffee periods and I'm "heavy" into cream. Puns can be fun. So, I might try a cup or two without cream and see if I can hack it again, but I'm probably better-off to just switch to tea. It ain't forever. Believe me!

Someone on another thread and I were talking about making tea in a coffee maker (to make iced tea,) but what if it was for making hot tea? How many tea bags would it take to make a full 12-cup pot of tea? Anyone ever try this? (I would only do this with regular tea, not decaf herbal. Then again, never say never.)

It's very sunny here today and my Parakeets are chirping away! I feel similarly inside. It's amazing how sunshine can brighten your spirit. I could use more sunshine, for sure.

No plans to go anywhere today so I'll be eating and drinking what I have here. I have plenty of things that I won't be able to eat as of tomorrow so I'll save some money and enjoy what I've already got.

I hope everyone is having a lovely weekend! Can you believe it's almost February? How time flies when you get older. I know it's all just your perspective, but it sure seems faster at this age!

Last edited by CherylB; 01-28-2012 at 09:41 AM..
Old 01-28-2012, 01:43 PM   #115
Big Yapper!

typing while eating, so no caps. i had an interesting 1-hr conversation w/ one of my sisters today. we were talking about struggles in relationships + quirks + stuff like that. my family is one that doesn't know alot about our family history. the more i find out, the more i see how much of who we are is uncontrollable! and yet we struggle all our lives w/ our own personal demons + feel weak + get so down on ourselves!

i always knew that there was alcohol abuse + mental illness on both of my parents bloodlines, but i guess i never realized the full extent of it. my dad's father was a classic, mean drunk. busted blood vessels in his big Lithuanian nose + all (very red in color.) come to find out, he had a brother who was known as "the town drunk" (i'm guessing years before i was born) who killed himself while in jail by hanging himself w/ his own belt. it was rumored that someone did him in because he had enemies.

one of my mother's sisters died in her 50's of cirrhosis! my sister said that my mom is the carbon copy of her mother (this according my now deceased dear old dad, who was bipolar). this too was a bad gene to inherit because it is said that if someone said something like, "what a beautiful day it is today"! she would say something like, "i don't know. i see some clouds heading in." she was also a drinker, as is my mom.

the negativity + drinking + the bipolar disorders + general anxiety disorders go way back. so when any one of us in our (or future) generations find ourselves struggling, it's not a personal character flaw or malady, it's a family affair!

the bible says that a persons' sins will be reputed for multiple generations. i know exactly why i am who + what i am now. and it's not my fault! i was just the next in line when they were procreating. (‘The Lord is slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love, forgiving iniquity and transgression, but he will by no means clear the guilty, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children, to the third and the fourth generation.’ Numbers 14:18.)

this explains so much! not only in my own behaviour + tendencies but in that of my siblings (+ even into nephews/nieces, etc.) i need to always remember that these are just "the cards i've been dealt" + learn to make peace w/ what i have inherited.

** If you read this, chances are you need to re-read this because I edited it so many times as I proof-read it.

Last edited by CherylB; 01-28-2012 at 01:50 PM..
Old 01-29-2012, 02:17 PM   #116
Big Yapper!

Left ya speechless, 'eh? That's okay. I'm still here.

P2VLCD1 underway. So far I've just been drinking tons of water (one quart for every 2 mugs of black coffee with Ez Sweetz) and some chicken breast with WF Chipotle Ranch for dipping. I'm not hungry at all.

Weight was as high up in the 70's as I could get without spilling over into the 80's. I can't let that bring me down. I'm moving on from where I am today and I'm going to get further than I was at my lowest by the end of this P2. I will be maintaining in the 150's come P3.

I just watched the entire first season of The Biggest Loser on Netflix! It was nice to see it there. No commercials! Just watch one show after the other, all the way to the finale. That show has changed so much over the years! The first season's finale was really clunky.

I also went back to try to make my notebook of all my measurements more concise. Stuff like that is not my forte. I don't think the end result was an improvement over what I had, but it might inspire me to venture into an Excel doc. That might even turn out worse!

Anyway, going over my attempts to measure and track my shrinkage shows that I really don't like measuring. Sometimes it appeared that I actually gained in some areas and I know that couldn't happen. Not with me not exercising at all! So, what I'm going to do is just remeasure when I get into the 150's and then again in the 40's and then at goal.

I suspect the measurements will be easier to take accurately when there is less fat and the areas I'm measuring are more defined. Just seems to make sense. Time will tell!

I hope all of you are having a nice Sunday and that we all have an excellent last week of January/first week of February. Time is marching on! Let's make the most of it.

Last edited by CherylB; 01-29-2012 at 02:20 PM..
Old 01-29-2012, 02:28 PM   #117
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
hi cheryl! I don't take measurements bc I don't always put the tape in the same spot every time. I just go by my clothes.
We found a house today! Its perfect for us!
Old 01-29-2012, 02:56 PM   #118
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I also went back to try to make my notebook of all my measurements more concise. Stuff like that is not my forte. I don't think the end result was an improvement over what I had, but it might inspire me to venture into an Excel doc. That might even turn out worse!
I keep an excel file that also has a column for total inches. That tends to be more accurate and better to look at than weekly changes, as you're right, tape measures can be different week to week. Hard to find the right place to measure. And if you don't love measuring...skip it. I like it since I lose so slowly, sometimes the only progress I have is the tape measure.

Yes, your earlier post left me speechless...I think there's so much (too much) I could say! We are a product of our genes, but we can transcend them.
2012 lowish Optimal calories, June25th 132.6/124.6/110
Old 01-29-2012, 03:08 PM   #119
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tay65 View Post
hi cheryl! I don't take measurements bc I don't always put the tape in the same spot every time. I just go by my clothes.
We found a house today! Its perfect for us!
I like the "going by your clothes" advice. That's more my style. When I get to goal, then I'll be interested in my measurements.

That's fantastic! Are you going to make an offer? Are there pictures of it online? Not sure if it's a listing that can be viewed online. Anyway, if you get it, I'd love to see it! I hope you get it if it's the right one for you, and I hope you get a great deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulabob View Post
I keep an excel file that also has a column for total inches. That tends to be more accurate and better to look at than weekly changes, as you're right, tape measures can be different week to week. Hard to find the right place to measure. And if you don't love measuring...skip it. I like it since I lose so slowly, sometimes the only progress I have is the tape measure.

Yes, your earlier post left me speechless...I think there's so much (too much) I could say! We are a product of our genes, but we can transcend them.
Same to you! If you can send me that excel file, maybe I can use it with my own data. If not, I'll just wait and see if I can figure it out on my own. (I can also google and probably find one.) But most likely I won't bother measuring until I'm at goal.

I know you measure your waist often. Do you measure all over or just your waist? Measuring and seeing the numbers oftentimes just makes me want to hurl. When I see a number and say to myself, "I'm 2 feet around at the top of my thighs!", that's not a good thing.

Last edited by CherylB; 01-29-2012 at 03:10 PM..
Old 01-29-2012, 04:30 PM   #120
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I know you measure your waist often. Do you measure all over or just your waist? Measuring and seeing the numbers oftentimes just makes me want to hurl. When I see a number and say to myself, "I'm 2 feet around at the top of my thighs!", that's not a good thing.
I usually just measure Saturdays (unless I am super curious). I am totally nuts with my measuring and measure above the bust, bust, below bust, waist, belly, hips, thigh/arm/calf. I'd send you my file but I think it would harm rather than help you...it's stuffed with like 10 years of pages and 3 different eating plans.... I have my own particular brand of insanity.

Well, I have to say measurements when I was 232 pounds really made me cry. Especially when that septuplet mom complained about how big her waist was...and it was quite a bit smaller than mine. Definitely don't measure if it will only bring you down.
Closed Thread