Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2012, 09:21 PM   #1111
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Sounds like you had such a lovely day! Happy for all of you. It's so exciting when there is a brand new baby in the family. The miracle of life is really something. Hard to believe that so many on this planet think it's all just by chance.

Still awake and not a yawn in sight. Did some reading and even used a booklight to help the darkness in the room combine with the melatonin I took and trigger drousiness. Waste of time. Now I'm finishing chewing an entire pack of sugar-free gum, which I suspect is a large part of my slow-down this week. I won't be buying more gum.

I hope you are fast asleep and having good dreams. And may you get to sleep in as late as possible "today." Me too!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2012, 08:22 AM   #1112
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
Good morning! I slept til they came home, about 8:30. I slept like a baby! Mostly bc I took 2 neurontin (1200 mg). Thats what I'm suppose to take but most of the time I just take 1. They make me very drowsy if I take 2.
Chloe is back to sleep snoring beside me. LOL Her dad texted my dd this morning telling her hes not picking up chloe tomorrow bc hes going somewhere. Yeah right! Funny how this happens after he had a hard time with her last week. Thats alright, she can be right here where she's wanted. My dd said if he makes this something hes going to do often, he'll get her every other weekend. She has the right to change it. She was trying to give him and his family a chance to be with chloe. Oh well. Thankfully shes not old enough to know when shes suppose to go. Ya know?
I'm so glad today is the last real hot day for a while. Its going down in the low 70's for a while starting tomorrow! I can't wait!!!
I told my dd I'm moving to Nicaragua! She looked at me funny and asked why. Its CHEAP!!!! LOL For $400 you can get a nice, big apartment and utilities are very cheap too. I saw it on House Hunters International (HGTV). I would love living in another country.
well, hope you got some sleep. ttys!

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

"He who the Son sets free is free indeed"

Tammy
Old 09-07-2012, 10:39 AM   #1113
Big Yapper!

What happened last time her dad had her? I'm excited about the big whether change, too! Fall is almost officially here! I have been wanting to take the air conditioners out of the windows but each time we get another hot/humid day, I'm glad they are still right where they are.

Too bad about the dad being unreliable but you're right that it's better to find out what he can handle now, while Chloe is still young enough not to know or have expectations. I think going to every other weekend sound perfect! It might be better for them, too.

Nicaragua sounds like Heaven! I sometimes have thought about living in another country that was really cheap. I used to hear about American communities down in Mexico where people who are below the poverty line up here are living like kings, and having their own private domestic assistant. Then I heard about Belize. They speak English there! Now THAT sounds like Heaven.

I had a whoosh today which I'm very excited about but I woke around 0630 today and had to pee. As soon as I stood up, my head started to fell hot and "full", like something was seriously wrong. As I walked to the bathroom it continued to feel that way. I plunked down on the toilet and felt a little better, then when I stood up again, it came back on me very intensely. I was walking back to the bedroom but didn't get far. I collapsed on a chair and then rolled down onto the floor to just lay there on my back for a few minutes. I thought it could be my blood pressure so I swung my body around and put my legs up over the coffee table and laid like that for a few minutes, then walked back to bed and fell back to sleep. I woke around 1pm and feel normal again.

There are two possible causes for what happened:

1. I am not eating enough calories to be working out as hard as I am.
2. I took way too much Melatonin and Benadryl last night.

I'm thinking it's #2. I ran out of Melatonin and I don't think it's really helping me much so I'm going to try and go cold-turkey as of today.

OMG. I was pretty weirded-out this morning over how I felt. I wish I could just sleep like a normal person!!!

I weighed at that moment (0630) and I was the same as yesterday. After sleeping longer and weighing at 1300, I got my whoosh. I think this might be the first time in my personal history with hhcg where I've lost more than the number of days I'm on. (day 12, down 13 lbs.) I'm sure things will go back to a few ounces here and there, and then a whoosh. But whooshes after week one are hard to come by.

I'm thankful that I can go to the gym and still lose! I know for sure that I'm not losing muscle this round because of working out. I've been eating 7 oz of meat each day. Do you guys think I should increase that? I don't want to injure myself.

Have a spectacular day. See you later! Give Chloe a squeeze for me.
Old 09-07-2012, 03:20 PM   #1114
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yayyy for your whoosh!!! I use to get that way and my BP was very low, dangerously low. I took potassium and increased my calories and my rounds after that were better. So maybe your potassium is low. Be careful! I bought a BP machine to check it while taking hHCG too. I paid $40 for it and it gives me a piece of mind.
Chloe's dad, Jason, is such a creep. He sees her one day a week! Never asks about her during the week either. Oh well....
I dont think I told you....Shawn got promoted Wednesday! Hes now a PFC (Private First Class)! I imagine he'll get promoted again before he gets deployed in March. Hes doing so good and we are proud of him.
Went for a stroll with Chloe in town for 3 hrs. We were both drenched in sweat when we got home. I can't wait for tomorrow, but its going to storm in the morning. I'll be enjoying the afternoon though!
BBL!
Old 09-07-2012, 05:24 PM   #1115
Big Yapper!

I have one of those machines to check my BP, too. I never have a dangerously low BP and I even take a BP pill (Lisinopril.) That's a good point you're making. Perhaps I need to dig out the cuff so I can check my BP fast if it happens again. I take all those meds at bedtime.

That's awesome about Shawn! Good for him! And may God always watch over him and keep him and his fellow foot soldiers safe.

You're a glutton for punishment, going for that long of a walk in all this humidity! I can't wait for the storm to pass through. Next week is going to be simply amazing!!!

Have a lovely evening with your darling family.
Old 09-09-2012, 09:18 AM   #1116
Big Yapper!

Down another smidge today and the weather is AMAZING, so I couldn't be much happier! Got the birthday pizza party at 4pm for my 61 year old "big sis" and I have decided to just enjoy the meal and the time together with family. I hate being "different" among family. I think I could take it if it were other people. But I don't want to be "outside" the family celebrations in any way. I know that is just how I'm hard-wired and I have to make allowances for that.

So, iced tea before the party (and water), a couple slices of pizza, eaten very slowly with fork and knife, maybe one or two glasses of beer (only if they order a pitcher, otherwise I'll get diet coke) and a few bites of Antipasto. That will be it for me for the day. If I'm really hungry before bedtime, I'll eat some fruit. Then tomorrow I'll be back on plan as usual.

I'm loving this weather! I'll bet you are too, Tammy. Hope you and Chloe have a nice walk today.

Hugs to everyone out there, still reading.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:35 PM   #1117
Big Yapper!

I'm pooped! I worked for FOUR HOURS at the farm and the only other girl (staff member) was totally wrapped-up in the lessons happening in the arena. So that left ME to do everything that needed to be done, outside of program. It was way too much for me to do. And when I think of how I'm doing all this out of the goodness of my heart (and the love for the animals,) I want to bonk myself on the head! I just can't imagine not doing it.

Mondays suck. I am alone and there is no getting around that. But I did lower the boom with the equine care manager this week and told her that my Monday's are numbered. She needs to find my replacement. I will still have Saturdays, and there isn't any lessons on Saturday PMs.

It got to the point as I was cleaning paddocks and run-ins and filling water buckets and pushing wheelbarrows full of manuer that I got a literal cramp in my left butt cheek! It would not go away. So every step I took after that was like a little knot pinching me in my left cheek. And I'm thinking to myself, "What's wrong with this picture?"

But then I got a hug from one of the horses as the sun was literally setting. I remembered the temps were dropping into the low 40's tonight so I went back into her stall to close her window. She stopped munching hay to watch me and then when I walked back past her, she just rested her forehead against my chest and let out this very soft sigh. She was happy her day was through, too. I hugged her head and then carried on with the rest of what needed to be done.

Other cool moments from today: One of the horses that wasn't being used in program was left in one of the upper paddocks all by himself. I asked if it was okay to let him into his run-in if he seemed like he wanted to go in and the girl said it was fine. So I let him out of that paddock and into the one that backs up to their duplex's. He started out in a trot but went into a full canter as he got nearer to his area! It was pretty hysterical. Then he turned and looked back at me as if to say, "Hurry up!" I didn't jog and he just had to wait.

A leader was tacking up a certain horse and I just happened to stop and pet his head. I noticed that this halter was messed-up and I tried to fix it but it wasn't easily fixed. So I pointed it out to the leader and she unbuckled the halter and got it right again. I said I wasn't looking for errors and that it just jumped out at me. She said, "That's okay, Cheryl. I'd rather it be YOU that noticed that than someone else." I knew exactly what she was saying. I never knew she knew my name so I was flattered.

Those were the highlights. I love doing what I do, I just want HELP! They can't expect a volunteer (even one like me) to do it all. I like to see that they trust me to do it, but if they trust me that much, HIRE ME!!! They know I'm looking for a part time job.

I have to post this before something horrible happens and I lose it. I haven't eaten a single thing today. I was off-plan yesterday and today turned into a fasting day. That is how I always handled "refeeds" back in the very first round so maybe this is my body's way of burning through those calories. No hunger, plenty of energy.

Nite!!!!

Last edited by CherylB; 09-10-2012 at 06:36 PM..
Old 09-10-2012, 07:45 PM   #1118
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: riss
Stats: VLCD9 down 3.5 lbs plus 6.5 lbs from loading
WOE: hhcg
Start Date: began R1P2 on 9/7/2012
Last summer I worked out a horse farm doing similar work and loved it. I was hoping to do the same this summer but it didn't work out b/c of my crazy work schedule. They are amazing animals and interacting with them is wonderful.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:30 PM   #1119
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Glad you're feeling so good. I'm losing slowly. I know how much you enjoy the horses and getting those "horse hugs" makes it all worthwhile. It stinks you had to do all the work though.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:20 AM   #1120
Big Yapper!

Hi, riss! I'm sorry you can't find the time to do that horse care now. It's good for the soul! Horses are my therapy.

Yeah, but I'm so glad I split my two days now. That will make it much easier to do the gym days. In fact, today is weights and cardio. I also need to drive all the way to the court to change my address. Turns out they won't forward mail of that nature. It's a long drive and I don't want to go through the hassle. They basically frisk you (not true) and run all your belongings through a scanner, take your cell phone away and then allow you to go inside. Oh! And no drinks aloud so don't bother to bring them inside with you.

I'm down to a new number from the day before my refeed! I ate not a single calorie yesterday but mainly because I was so busy/tired and not hungry. And because in the first round last year, I would always "chase" a refeed day with a fasting day to help me get back on the losing track. I don't think I EVER lost weight doing that on the very first weigh-in. Must be all the farm work cause I wasn't doing that last year.

So cold here last night that I closed all the windows and turned on the heat to take the chill off! Brought in all my potted plants and they are all looking at me now, saying, "You ARE going to put us back outside for the day, right???" Not sure I'm going to. (Don't tell them.)

Have a lovely day today, ladies!
Old 09-11-2012, 08:28 AM   #1121
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Cheryl-glad you're down and still plugging away!! Hope the gym goes well!! you're doing so well!! I'm excited for this chapter in your life. You've got the plan, you're working it, and it's working!! WTG!! Your "conversation" w. your plants made me . Too cute!! And chilly evenings? I forget what that's like!! That's actually the hardest part of living in AZ for me. I can take the hot summers, and love the warmer winters, but the slow arrival of a "real" Fall? That's the hardest thing each year!! Sigh. I love the changing leaves and crisp weather. Enjoy it for me!
Old 09-11-2012, 08:35 AM   #1122
Big Yapper!

I will enjoy it for you. And I'll try and take some pics and post them as things really get pretty. Maybe this rapid change to colder nights this week will help the leaves to be extra pretty this year. I forget if it's moisture or crisp nights that make them so pretty, but some years are quite dull. And last year, the freak snow storm at the end of October spoiled Fall and broke thousands of trees.

I'm glad you like what goes on inside my head. When you live alone with a dog, you do tend to talk to the dog and the other things that are living in your world take on greater importance. All life is treasured.

Thanks for being so enthusiastic about my current round! I feel exactly the same way!! I wonder just where I'll be when I finally enter my P3 around Halloween. When I change my ticker and take lbs off, I just add a few more numbers to the end. If I can get all the way to 150 or close to that by then, I'll be in absolute HEAVEN!!! It will be my best holiday season EVER!!
Old 09-11-2012, 08:51 AM   #1123
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You are doing so good with this round. About time, huh?
I have to tell you what Chloe is doing right now. She dumped out my dirty clothes onto the floor (there were just a few things in it) and put her toys (she has quite a few small toys in my bedroom) in the basket and is pushing it around! I guess shes putting them away! LOL
Anyways, I lost .2 more! I celebrate every ounce! I know you're doing a rogue round so are you still drinking your iced coffee? I'm hooked on them so I don't know if I could give them up.
Talking to your plants? Thats ok. Maybe I should've talked to mine bc they die on me! I don't have a green thumb at all. My family is always asking me why I bother buying flowers bc I kill them! LOL
Have fun at the gym! I'll ttys!

Last edited by tay65; 09-11-2012 at 08:53 AM..
Old 09-11-2012, 09:11 AM   #1124
Big Yapper!

How cute! I wasn't actually talking to the plants, just figuring out what they might be sending to me telepathically.

I switched from iced coffees to iced teas for the round. I love them just as much! I brew 12 tea bags in the coffee maker and pour the tea into the same container I used to store the iced coffee in. That way all I need is the Ez Sweetz and no cream. I gave away all my cream and milk at the start of my round.

Well, my Christmas Cactus that has always thrived is falling apart. I had it outside but it might have gotten too much moisture (it rained a lot this summer) or it may have gotten "watered" a few too many times by the upstairs male dog that has to scent mark everything that he can reach. I transplanted it the other day but after I did, I googled how to care for them and I see that I need to do it over again. I hope I can save it because it is a truly amazing plant and it's almost time for it to bloom! I can't miss-out on that spectacle!

Have a fun day today! Enjoy the weather we're having! I have to run now. bbl
Old 09-11-2012, 02:03 PM   #1125
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Girl, look at you about to enter a new decade! You are ON FIRE!

Do share some foliage pictures. We don't really get much color change here and I do miss that seasonal beauty!
Old 09-11-2012, 02:58 PM   #1126
Big Yapper!

I will, Jessica. I need to remember to take my camera with me when I'm out and about because my Blackberry doesn't take great pics, and sometimes it's a hassle to get them uploaded on the computer. Simpler and better to just remember the camera. Nothing to take pics of yet. Not rushing things along, either!!

I love those "Indian Summers" that happen along some years. Sometimes it's still Fall-like around Thanksgiving and THAT is wonderful. I hope we get that kind of Autumn this year. Last Fall was ruined by that crazy snow storm.

I AM "on fire" aren't I? I'm loving the gym and working my fanny off at the farm and it's all coming together to form a very nice picture of weight loss. I hope I can keep this up!

Pooped again so I'll copy and paste the post I wrote for the rogue thread.

Last edited by CherylB; 09-11-2012 at 03:13 PM..
Old 09-11-2012, 03:13 PM   #1127
Big Yapper!

I'm tired! Went to change my address with the court and took the stairs instead of the elevator. (Pat, pat.) Drove back home and hit the gym on the way. Did 30 minutes on the rowing machine and two circuits around the nautilus machines. I got on the treadmill between the rower and weights and also after the weights, just to walk at a slow pace for a couple of minutes to act as a cool-down and a "get the kinks out" maneuver. It worked.

Tomorrow I can go and enjoy the pool. And I got my Amazon stuff in the mail today so now I have goggles! Will soak in the hot tub for a bit, swim again, then hit the sauna and follow up with a nice shower. I love the pool days, as long as I don't get there when there are too many swimmers. Then I want to go to the front desk and ask if there is a time limit for a lap lane when there are people who are waiting to get one. Ya know? I know: Possession is nine-tenths of the law.

So then I dragged my tired but pleased fanny to the car and picked up the mail at the old abode, then got home and found more mail, plus my box from Amazon. Went through all mail and put Cissy on the treadmill to do a half hour of walking while I did all that and cooked lunch. She seemed to be happy with a half hour this time, which made ME happy cause then I didn't have to hang out in the office any longer.

Got something for the guy up the road that got tangled in with my mail so walked in my bare feet up to his mail box on the other side of the street. I can't remember the last time I walked barefoot! It felt great. I love this time of year.

Temps going up around 80 again for the rest of the week, then some rain on my second barn day (Saturday.) Looks like that will be hit-or-miss. Will start to cool off again, too.

Damn turn signal went out on me on the way back from the court. I stopped to buy a new bulb. $6 for a two-pack!! I was also going to buy the bulbs for the reverse light cause I know one of those is dead too, but I wasn't going to spend $12 for four light bulbs. I have to budget every single dollar these days, and that is NOT in the budget.

I wonder if I'll be in the 170's tomorrow. Stranger things have happened! It's only a matter of time.

Lots of smily faces in this post. I like that!
Old 09-13-2012, 10:16 AM   #1128
Big Yapper!

Checking in. Stalled-out in the 181's for a few days now. Expecting a whoosh soon. Very soon. Any day now. (comeoncomeoncomeon!)

Going to the gym to swim today but after mapping out my week as far as barn days and gym days go, I see that Thursday is the worst day of the week to use their pool. The only "open swims" are in the early morning or after 6 or 7 pm. All the rest of the day is back-to-back classes and evening a pool cleaning. So I have to be there at 3:30, ready to jump in and claim my lane! (There is a brief window open right after the pool cleaning. Hope the chemicals aren't too horrible.) I hope I'm the only one with this plan. I'll do the pool on Wednesdays from this point on and use Thursdays as my "wild card" day.

I have to help a dude load a charcoal and a propane grill that he bought from me yesterday. He couldn't fit them inside his "suv" (glorified station wagon) and so he's borrowing a friend's truck. I really won't be able to help him until 5:30 so I do hope he calls me so I can let him know. Then again, he is my mailman so I can just run out there at 2 o'clock when he comes today and tell him.

Other than that, not a lot going on here. Weather is perfect and I'm happy. Hope all is well with whomever is still reading my thread.

Last edited by CherylB; 09-13-2012 at 10:17 AM..
Old 09-14-2012, 10:10 AM   #1129
Big Yapper!!!!

Hope that grill gets you some $!! Any update on that job? You're doing so well w. the exercise. I'm sure the scale will reflect those water retention fluctuations. You keep plugging away!! Once you're done this round you'll get to stabilize and maintain the rest of the year. Think of how good you'll look and feel around the holidays all slim and happy!! You go girl!!
Old 09-14-2012, 10:47 AM   #1130
Big Yapper!

Thanks, Julie. I will be much closer to my goal by the end of this round, but the final leg of it won't be until after the new year. Come Spring, I'll look like I did when I was 28! Ahuh; that's right.

Wow! I put a little too much cayenne in this meal. My mouth is on fiya.

I called that Vet today about the job, just so they don't forget about me. I also called my attorney. I found a notice on my house yesterday saying that they determined the property to be vacant and may (in several days) change the locks. So I left a notice of my own, telling them that there was a postponement on the Law Day and that until the house has been foreclosed on, I am going in and out of it doing things frequently. I mentioned the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act which is what is holding up the Law Day and I said if they change the locks, they will be speaking to my attorney.

So he said to call the attorneys representing the bank, and I did. I spoke to two different people and then was sent to some guy's voicemail. UGH! I left a detailed message and asked him to please call me back today.

The time has come to finally get the stuff that's over there sold or given away to charity. I have decided to go buy some thick poster board and make one or two big signs to post at the main road and then colored arrows pointing to the house. I might be able to have the first tag sale day this Sunday if I really push and get busy.

So, that's all the news. I was bad yesterday after seeing that note and posting my own. I was in a bit of a freak-out and decided to buy one 24 oz can of light beer. Then I bought two more. I ate off plan, too. But I ate veggies and fruit with some added fat and spent no money on food. So I'm up about a lb today but it's no biggie.

I got invited to the Big E on Monday and actually got let go of farm duty and then considered the cost of going. I can't afford it, plus I would have eaten off-plan yet again. So I told my sister no-thanks and I'm trying to get my Monday back on the farm. I must wear people out. I know I wear myself out sometimes.

Hope everyone has a nice day today!
Old 09-19-2012, 09:34 AM   #1131
Big Yapper!

I haven't written here since the 14th??? I've been very neglectful and I'm hanging my head in mock shame. I'm doing fine. Back on track and I am just giving it a few days before I weigh in and see where I'm at. Two solid days back on the plan and entering my 3rd. I wish I hadn't gotten side-tracked. Maybe I'm afraid to see just how fast I can lose weight without any shenanigans.

I had a killer workout at the gym yesterday. I decided to do more of what they do in the Biggest Loser. They go from cardio to weights and back to cardio, so I did 20 minutes on the rower, then one circuit around the Nautilus machines, then over to this very weird machine that I won't be using again (simulates roller blading, I guess) and could only stand that for 7 minutes. I finished the remainder of my 20 minutes on the treadmill and I did 2 minutes of jogging, split between walking. Back to the weight machines and then over to the stairmaster that is like an escalator. Again, could only last about 7 minutes then finished up on the elliptical. One final circuit around the Nautilus machines and I was done. It took an hour and a half.

I was sweating so I know I got in a good workout yesterday. And taking my beta blocker twice a day is really helping keep my heart rate from skyrocketing at the gym. Hopefully as my heart muscle strengthens from all the exercise, I can wean off of all these medications.

I found out that was the reason why they denied me life insurance. They caught wind of my list of prescription meds. Why that should be open for public scrutiny is beyond me. Is nothing private anymore?

Absolutely lovely day here after a wicked storm front came through yesterday and all through the night. No harm done over here, even with all the strong winds. I'm going to head to the gym to swim but need to look at the pool schedule to avoid classes and stuff like that. I like the "adult swim" times. It's okay when there are kids in the pool too, but when the two designated lap lanes are taken, that means I have to swim with the kids and their mommies in the larger area. Splish splash!

I hope you (Tammy, and whoever else it still out there) are having a nice day! How are you doing? Catch me up!

Last edited by CherylB; 09-19-2012 at 09:36 AM..
Old 09-19-2012, 11:05 AM   #1132
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Cheryl! I've been busy doing nothing but eating and I've gained sooo much weight! Idk why I gain so fast but I do. Woke up today with my back hurting really bad. Its not so good, but I can still walk around ok. Good thing I have Chloe just from 3-8:30. And my daughter has tomorrow and friday off. She was asked by a coworker if she would like to have friday off and she'd work it. Of course she took her up on it! She hardly ever has 2 days in a row off.
Made an appt to get the car worked on for the 3rd. The engine light is on. GRRRR!
We were going to go see Shawn the 28th - 30th, but hes accepted into Air Assault School and it starts the 26th, for 11 days of hell. He'll be fine though. He is doing so great & we are so proud! He was promoted to E3 (PFC) a couple wks ago. Not very many privates get into air assault school if they dont go right after basic. They usually have to wait til they are E4's or SGT's. HE'S GETTING MARRIED IN DECEMBER!!!!! We are fine with it. Those kids love eachother and they're miserable apart. So we support them completely. So hes coming home on leave for about 30 days in December/January. So far the date is the 20th. Its a Thursday, bc they're going to the JP. Then there will be a reception on the 22nd.
Chloe is learning numbers 1-5 and the colors red, blue, green and yellow. She's catching on fast.
Glad to hear you are back on track. We're a work in progress, aren't we? I have to get my rear back on track too. I had a Krispy Kreme doughnut melt down! I loved them though. My hubby ate a bunch too!
I wish I could go to the gym and work it all off. It would motivate me more too.
It stormed here too yesterday. Its chilly today, but tomorrow it'll be 75*. Crazy weather!
Well, I'll ttys! Take care!
Old 09-19-2012, 12:38 PM   #1133
Big Yapper!!!!

Cheryl-glad you made your calls and are moving ahead with clearing out the house. I'm sure it'll all work out. A bit of $ would be nice! Great job on the workout!! I've added back softball and walking so far, and I'm up 0.6 Trying to keep it all in perspective. The daily fluctuations don't usually swing like this (up!!) for me. I guess I am really retaining. Exercise is so good for you but I always gain weight when I do it!!

Have a great day and enjoy that cooler weather!! I'm still in the high 90's out here .
Old 09-19-2012, 01:21 PM   #1134
Big Yapper!

Hi, ladies! Thanks for stopping by. Tammy, holy cow! So much news in one post. Who is Shawn marrying? Someone from before the military or someone he met there? If from before, is she in the military too?

It's truly amazing how well he's doing in the Army. Some kids just fit right in and it gives them the structure that they need. I hope he enjoys his next phase of training and I'm so happy for all of you that you will get such a nice long break together for the holidays.

I'm sorry for the regain but I'm no better. I nipped it in the bud after 4 days of debauchery but I'm lucky to have stopped it at that point. I wish I could just cheat for one day consistently and not run into these multi-day binge retreats! And half the time, what I was indulging in didn't eaten taste as good as I used to remember it being. All except for the Dove peanut butter and chocolate candies. (OMG)

I think I will weigh tomorrow and just see where I'm at. I suspect I will still be a few lbs up from my ticker weight, but it is what it is.

Tammy, what I have learned to tune in to is how I feel at the end of the day whether I've eaten my face off with every kind of treat or if I stayed on plan and didn't cave to temptation. Without exception, I feel happier and more satisfied when I am strong and on plan. If that is the case with you too, it's a bit insane to keep repeating the behavior that makes you miserable, right? Right! You can get it back. I believe in you.

I hope the engine light isn't anything bad. I think a lot of times they just light up for no reason at all. Some cars are just quirky like that.

Julie, I've been watching the past seasons and episodes of The Biggest Loser on Netflix and I am now of a different mindset regarding weight loss and exercise. Those people drop tons of weight and they just about kill themselves in the gym. And do they rest before the weigh-in so their muscles won't be retaining water? NO! "LAST.CHANCE.WORKOUT!!!!" Trainers up in their faces, sweat pouring off of them, all trying to burn the last little calorie they can before they face the scale.

So I'm going to work out hard and let the chips fall where they may. (Nothing like they do, but I'm pleased with what I'm doing thus far.) You can keep those 90 degree days, but 90 feels pretty good out there where it's dry. I love AZ. You know I once lived in Vegas and Kingman, right?

I got up and out today and swam for just about a half hour. A few people came in and there were no more places for them to really swim and I'd had a good enough workout so I gave up my lane. Then I went to lay down on the top bench in the dry sauna. I just love it in there! I've yet to have company when I'm in there. I just turn off the light and totally kick back and let the heat just roast me.

Then after 10 minutes of that, I go grab my shampoo and towel and hit the shower. I don't know what kind of shampoo I need to buy that will counteract whatever they put in the pool water, but Pantene just isn't cutting it. I'll see if I can find some sort of swimmers shampoo.

After the shower, I grab my bag and head to my own private cubicle to dry off and get dressed. I like the privacy. Put on my deodorant, a little lotion to my face, neck and hands, then blow dry my hair. I then feel like I'm born-again. Rinse out my bathing suit, wrap it in some paper towels and head to the bathing suit spinner and 12 seconds later, it's virtually dry. Pack everything up and wave goodbye on my way out the door.

That's my pool day routine in a nutshell. I don't get much out of the hot tub so I don't use that often.

Got home and immediately put Cisco's collar and leash on her. Off we went for a walk. We crossed the street and just walked as far as the sidewalk went. It ends at "Bernice Ave" if you can believe that. So that was all uphill, then we had an all down-hill walk back to the house. I took off my sandals and walked barefoot for a while. (I'm guessing that was about a mile round trip. Maybe a bit longer.)

Some of the trees are turning bright red but many of those leaves are already blown off the limbs from that storm yesterday. I hope we have a nice Fall. And I will try and remember to take my camera with me next time and each time in the future.

Got home, cooked my usual (ground beef and canned diced tomatoes with lots of spices) and am now getting caught up with y'all. It feels good to be good.

It's going down into the 40's tonight!! So all windows will be closed around sunset. I don't want to turn on the heat this soon.

Last edited by CherylB; 09-19-2012 at 01:25 PM..
Old 09-19-2012, 04:18 PM   #1135
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Leaves are changing colors here too and falling off the trees. Its getting cold here tonight, think they said 48*. Tomorrow will be warm though! I hope I feel better so I can get out longer. Winter will be here soon enough and I'll be staying in alot so I get out now as often as I can.
Nice to hear you got to swim. I love swimming!
Shawn is marrying his high school sweatheart. They have been together 2 yrs. They're kinda opposites. He stays to himself, has a few select friends he talks to and shes outgoing, but is calmer than he is. I have seen her talk to him when he gets mad or upset and calm him down. They're a good couple.
Just gonna relax now since Chloe is napping. She really fought it & now shes laying here snoring! LOL
Old 09-19-2012, 05:40 PM   #1136
Big Yapper!

So after they're married, where will she be living while he's deployed? Will she still be in PA near her family? That's so hard. But I'm glad they have been together for a few years and are so in love.

Snore away, little Chloe! Give your Gramma a good night's rest. I hope you feel better soon, Tammy. Enjoy the cooler weather.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:44 PM   #1137
Big Yapper!

I was feeling the hungries a few hours ago and wanted to eat more than I knew I should. But just eating the one bag of 100 calorie popcorn with the toppings settled everything down. And just now when I ate my second protein meal, I went ahead and had a much larger portion of meat. So my total meat today was 10 oz! Seems like so much. But that meal will hold me through the night. I hope I see a good number on the scale tomorrow, unless I back away in fear. I want to see where I'm at but I know the number will be better if I can hold out for a day or two longer.

Sleep tight, friends!
Old 09-21-2012, 09:09 AM   #1138
Big Yapper!

Scale is UP today. Only thing it could be is the 100 calorie bags of popcorn, so I'm taking the last two bags, ripping them open and pouring the kernels in the trash. It's just too much sodium when I put the butter spray and cheese powder on it. I use the butter spray and put salt on the zucchini and I think it's just too much salt for one day for my body to be able to handle it. So, no more popcorn and ultimately, no more grain for this round.

So the question on the table is, will Cheryl ever get out of the 80's again? It feels like I never will. I guess it's my new set-point that must be broken through once again.
Old 09-21-2012, 10:37 AM   #1139
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You'll get out of the 80's. Hang in there!
Old 09-21-2012, 01:16 PM   #1140
Big Yapper!

Thanks for that vote of confidance, my friend. Love the new Avi!
Closed Thread