Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2012, 09:40 AM   #1081
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
No hHCG for me. I'll just lose slower than ya'all, but I'll cheer you on!
Nice day here (77*) so I'll take Chloe for a stroll today. Its been a few days since we've been for a walk.
Glad you've lost some Cheryl. How much did you gain loading? I always hated that gain! LOL Its nice to "see" you happy!
ttys!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-2012, 09:44 AM   #1082
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Good to see you, Tay and Julie! Julie, feels kinda fun to plan a new round, huh? Kind of like starting fresh for the "fall semester," so to speak.

Cheryl, I'm on my way over to join your new thread!
Old 08-29-2012, 09:50 AM   #1083
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbqueen View Post
Good to see you, Tay and Julie! Julie, feels kinda fun to plan a new round, huh? Kind of like starting fresh for the "fall semester," so to speak.

Cheryl, I'm on my way over to join your new thread!
Hiiii ! Nice to "see" you too!
Old 08-29-2012, 12:28 PM   #1084
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Thanks, Julie! It feels wonderful to be back in the zone. For me, it is something I can fall in line with or I simply can't. Maybe I just need to leave hhcg to one round a year. I hope I never need one round per year, but I have to face reality. It might take me a few years to really learn to stay around my goal weight.

Thanks, Tammy! It's nice to BE happy! It's lovely here today, too. Enjoy it cause the remnants of Isaac are on the way. Enjoy your walk with the little Chlo-bug!

Jess, it IS fun! I loved looking at the calendar and planning out where P2 should end and when to reload for the next round, etc. I don't know if those plans will stick, but it's fun to be planning again. And so fun to enjoy getting on the scale each morning!

Wow, ladies. I had a very weird thing happen around noon today. I had just finished eating my lunch and I heard some people talking outside. They didn't leave so I got up to peak out the window. There was a man down on all fours in my driveway and a few people there with him. I was still in my PJ's so I just threw on a bra and put my PJ top back on and headed out there.

They got him up on his feet but he was scraped up and bloody. He had an egg-sized hematoma on his right forearm and some blood from jamming his right hand ring finger into the pavement. He also had blood on his forehead. I went and got him a chair and placed it in the shade. We assessed him for pain and if he'd lost consciousness. He said he hadn't and he didn't have any pain. The ladies who found him said he'd been on his hands and knees for a few minutes and that others had walked by and hadn't stopped.

The ladies had already called 911 and as I was going inside to get a wet paper towel and a little water for him to drink (and a bag of ice for his forearm), the ambulance came up (sirens blaring.) He wasn't supposed to have some water but come on! He was clearly in need of water after walking from his home to the Dunkin Donuts and turning around to walk back home.

They checked his orientation, his blood sugar, his BP, etc. Turns out his glucose was in the 40's which was a large part of the problem. (His pressure was 200/90's, too.) They gave him a tube of glucose orally but those things are like peeing in the wind. I went in the house after they rechecked his sugar and it hadn't gone up even a little. I had no sugar or juice but found some honey. I poured some into a cup and had him feed himself with a spoon. We had to keep reminding him to eat it. He was not diaphoretic but clearly not thinking straight. He was repetitive with what he was saying. (At one point I went inside and actually got dressed!)

The second tube of glucose and the honey got him up into the 114 range. He didn't want to go to the hospital so I said I would drive him home and make sure he ate something. The Paramedic suggested a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. "Richard" had bread but neither PB or Jelly. I packed a jar of PB and my honey to take to his house and I made him a sandwich. As he sat eating it, I called his niece and got her voicemail. I told her what had happened and that he was home now. I gave her my cell number so she could call me and get the full story. I haven't heard back from her yet. (I left the PB and Honey there for him.)

It made me feel like a nurse again and it also made me feel that God had him fall in MY driveway rather than someone else's driveway because I was able to help him. Both of my upstairs neighbors were home and they had to have seen the whole thing going on, at least after the ambulance came. He is an EMT, too. But neither of them came out or even asked me about it after I returned from bringing him home. They are still pissed at me over the whole computer modem thing. What imbeciles! That just shows their true character. This was the PERFECT opportunity to patch things up. Oh, well.

I wrote down Richard's number and I'll call him later to make sure he's okay. I thought of giving him mine but thought that might open a can of worms that I couldn't close later on.

Last edited by CherylB; 08-29-2012 at 12:40 PM..
Old 08-29-2012, 04:01 PM   #1085
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm glad you were able to help him and get him home. I hope he goes to see his Dr. The low blood sugar and high BP is nothing to leave untreated.
Chloe and I took a walk to the store and I came home and cooked some chicken in butter with some paprika on it. Yummm! Hubby is going to make chicken salad with his chicken breast.
I was trying to get Chloe to take one last nap, but she's not going for it! So she's sitting here on my bed playing with some toys and quite content, for now. LOL
I taught Chloe how to wipe her mouth today. She caught on really quick. It wasn't hard at all. And she can use a fork! Yayyyy!!!!
Well, have to go! ttys! Babysitting tonite!

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

"He who the Son sets free is free indeed"

Tammy
Old 08-29-2012, 05:01 PM   #1086
Big Yapper!

Does she talk more than she uses the sign language now? Or is it some of both? She must be so much fun when she's playing and loving up on your grandma. I used to love being a step-gramma. My husband's children knew I didn't belong in the family but their kids just thought of me as a real gramma. It made me feel a little older than I should have felt in my mid 30's but after he passed, his eldest daughter's three children gave me so much love. It was a beautiful thing.

I stopped at the library on the way home from the gym today and got a lot of movies to watch before I have to return them next Wednesday. And I renewed a book that I really hadn't read much of. It's called, "Good Self, Bad Self." Sort of like the "Good Calories, Bad Calories" book but nothing about calories. It talks about your strongest characteristics that are the best parts of your personality are also the things that take you into the "bad" zone when taken to extreme. I need to chip away at this book because I think it might open my eyes somewhat.

I'm also reading a book that I own called, "The Principal of the Path." Very good book written by a Christian Pastor. Very common sense stuff but makes you look at where you've been, where you are, and where you want to be. I love wake-up-calls.

That chicken sounded yummy, Tammy! And WTG on Chloe being a fast learner! Happy babysitting tonight. Enjoy the weather while it lasts! I have the windows open and to try and ward-off the skunk, I soaked some cotton balls with ammonia and placed them in all the areas where I feed the birds. I think that's what he comes snooping around for. I hate when I have to close the windows just because of his stinky old self!
Old 08-29-2012, 05:03 PM   #1087
Big Yapper!

Oh, yeah. I called the guy back about a half hour ago and he answered the phone. He must have some early stage of dementia going on because he repeats himself so much that it was hard to end the conversation! He kept taking me back into it by saying thank you for the ride home, etc, etc. I had to say, "Okay. Have a good night!" and just stick to that about three times in a row to finally end the call. I am SO glad I didn't give him my number. His niece never called me. Maybe this sort of thing happens more often than I thought it did.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:48 AM   #1088
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning, Cheryl! Just popping in to wish you a great day in the ZONE! I feel like I'm entering it, too, so maybe we can feed off each other's energy.

Hope you slept the sleep of the righteous after your kind good deeds yesterday!
Old 08-30-2012, 09:55 AM   #1089
Big Yapper!

Hey! I just finished posting on your thread! Great minds think alike. You can feed off me anytime! And I'll take you up on that offer if I ever feel like I'm losing my momentum. I think I DID "sleep the sleep of the righteous"! Is that a Proverb? Sounds like one.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:45 PM   #1090
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 144/141.8/130
WOE: IE/M&E
Hey Cheryl!
I'm thinking about starting a round. As much as I love No S, and I do!, I just need to get back down to goal weight 10-15 lbs. And No S, while being great for maintenance just isn't the best for downward movement, as you well know. I've been keeping tabs on your success since you started and that's really motivating me. I'm thinking about loading Sat/Sun and starting Monday.
Old 08-30-2012, 01:01 PM   #1091
Big Yapper!

I hear that, Terri. Now that I'm back in the hhcg zone, I can't believe how well it works. I'd almost forgotten the feeling! And this time I'm exercising and still losing! It's only week one so maybe I'll see a bigger slow-down in later weeks. But I'm loving going to the gym and feel a sense of pride and accomplishment each time I go.

Thanks for "eaves dropping" on me! I'm glad to hear you've been following me. I miss you gals on the No S thread but I just had to get the heck out of Dodge. You wouldn't have appreciated me posting about my hhcg losses over there, would you! Uh huh.

So glad you're hopping back on the hcg train! I forget; are you a roguer? If so, join us on the newest rogue thread, okay? Even if you aren't starting right away, it's a good group and it will motivate you even more than just reading about me does.

Enjoy the loading days! They do , don't they? This load wasn't anything special because I was flat broke. I get paid tomorrow, then watch out, world! Cheryl's going shopping!!!
Old 08-30-2012, 02:18 PM   #1092
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I was checking your daily update on the No S thread. I love the way you do that, I always know what's up short and sweet.

I was going to ask you where you're hangin'. I am a roguer so that suits me fine. See you there!
Old 08-30-2012, 02:31 PM   #1093
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Cheryl, How ya doin? I finally got some time to myself! Its tough keeping up with all the threads while chasing Chloe or her wanting to play on my phone! LOL Yeah, I let her play around on my phone. She knows how to unlock it.
I see you are doing well with your pellets. Thats great! Keep up the momentum and you'll get to goal soon!
Guess what? Steelers toniiiight!!! hahahaha Had to say it!
Have a good evening! ttyt!
Old 08-30-2012, 03:12 PM   #1094
Big Yapper!

I like my Daily Notes, too! Here's the link to the thread:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/hc...8-26-12-a.html

Looking forward to seeing you over there!

Hope the Steelers put a smile on your face, Tammy! Enjoy. Have a fabulous evening. I hope Chloe finds something to entertain herself so you can relax a while! I wouldn't trust a child of her age with something that expensive. All it takes is one drop into the toilet and it's goodbye warrenty.

I don't think I wrote about the gym here today so I'll recap what I did. I read a book while I used the recumbent bike for 40 minutes (7 miles) then I put the book away and did the Nautilus machine circuit twice. I have this book called, "Perfect Parts" that I used to exercise to back in the years I lived in TX, so I bought another copy last year. I was reading in it last night and she (Rachel McLish) talks about "stacked sets." Basically, you do your first set of a certain lbs per machine, then you go up on the weights and do fewer reps than the first time, at the lower weight.

I did that twice and felt fully "used up." I asked someone on my way out (almost) about any machines that work the calves and a lady showed me one. She demonstrated how to use it and so now I know where it is and will add that to my routine. I also got shown a few other things in a room that I pretty much feel is reserved for the real "muscle heads." I told the lady that I was intimidated to go in there and she said, "Don't be! Everyone is just focusing on themselves, anyway." Good point! So I'll do some of the machines and free weights in there, too.

Tomorrow is just going to be swimming. I am going to hold-off on that Aqua Zumba class for a while and just swim freely when I use the pool. I think I'm getting PLENTY of exercise right now. I'll add the classes down the road.

I can't wait to get paid tomorrow!!! I'm so sick of being broke. I have to go to the old house this weekend and get it ready for the tag sale, finally. Time is running out and I need some money from all the stuff still over there. I guess I'll just be open to all offers. It's better than having zero money and letting it all go into the trash when the bank takes over on the 10th (or soon after.)

Last edited by CherylB; 08-30-2012 at 03:14 PM..
Old 08-30-2012, 04:00 PM   #1095
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm so glad to hear you're keeping up with your exercise and still losing so well. I've really enjoyed and want to keep exercising. I did a round that way very successfully last year and plan to do that this time as well. Where are you ending up with your calories daily right now? Are you back to eating meat?
Old 08-30-2012, 04:15 PM   #1096
Big Yapper!

Yes. I'm eating ground beef fried up in a pan with spices and then drained on a paper towel, then I put it back in the pan and add canned diced tomatoes.

I eat 3.5 oz of meat twice a day (weighed raw.) I eat one or two servings of fruit (up to three are allowed per day on the newly-revised Omaha Weight Loss hcg plan) and I eat some veggies. Like yesterday I cut up a whole zuchinni, sprayed a toaster oven pan with PAM, laid out the slices, salted them, then sprayed with ICBINB (fake butter) spray. They were delicious! Or I'll eat a fresh tomato from the garden (Ha! I have one plant) with just salt on it.

I'm not tracking calories so I have no clue. I'm just weighing the meat raw and then draining the fat. So far so good! I couldn't care less how many calories I'm taking in. Last time I tracked everything on ****** but this time I'm just keeping a food journal and writing down what I'm eating and drinking, etc.

I'm excited to see that I can lose and still exercise but like I said before, this is only week one and we all do smashingly in week one. It remains to be seen how the round will go as a whole. But I want to keep my muscle this time rather than potentially losing some. What I DO lose will be fat and water.

Last edited by CherylB; 08-30-2012 at 04:17 PM..
Old 08-30-2012, 04:40 PM   #1097
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh no! I don't let her walk around with my phone. She sits beside me with it bc she likes to throw everything on the floor. And she doesn't go into the bathroom alone EVER. We have everything child-proofed from toilet to vanity, but ya never know. She is watched closely always. The only things she can get into in the bathrooms are the towels and wash cloths and she can't get hurt on those. LOL
I can't wait to get paid tomorrow either! Taking Chloe to eat and gonna buy her some fall clothes, like pants! Poor kid has 1 pr of jeans that fit. hahahaha With the evenings getting cooler she needs pants.
My son is getting slammed with heavy rainfall and wind from the hurricane. Poor kid. The worst will be friday - sunday. And he has a 4 day weekend too! What a way to spend it.....indoors!
Well, gotta go! Steeler time!
Old 08-30-2012, 07:14 PM   #1098
Big Yapper!

Have you googled to see if there are any children's clothing consignment shops near you? You can save a ton of money and get good, quality clothes. Never pay retail!! NEVER I say! RARRRR!

That sucks that Shawn is experiencing that Hurricane. I can't believe my ears and eyes when I'm watching the nightly news and they say that in some ways, this was worse than Katrina! Can't wrap my mind around that. God help them all.

It's still supposed to be 90 degrees here tomorrow but they are no longer forecasting the humidity. Not far from now, I'll be able to take the air conditioners out and stow them away for the winter. It will feel weird to have so much more vision!

Night, y'all. I am heading off to bed now. Can't wait to step on the scale!!!
Old 09-01-2012, 01:12 PM   #1099
Big Yapper!

Checking in on my journal, so y'all don't forget about me.

I'm doing great! I missed going to the gym today so I'm going to do the weights and cardio tomorrow instead. I think I can handle doing it the day before the two farm days. Two weeks ago was a different story, but I feel strong enough to try that again. If I end up wasted on Monday at the farm, then I guess I'll have to go back to the original "Plan B."

I got a wheelchair for free today but had to drive 40 miles round trip for it and discovered it was missing one entire leg support! I wasn't happy about it, but I took it anyway. I think I can add a longer foot rest to it and my Mom will be able to rest both feet on it without having to twist her lower body to set them both on the one little foot rest. I got home and thanked the woman for her generosity but said I wouldn't have come all that way if I'd known it was missing a leg.

I'm still so tempted to rush over to the gym but they close in less than an hour. I love the way I feel from going to the gym these days and I'm so thankful that I rejoined! It's money well-spent and I'm going to be looking amazing when this round of hhcg is done. Still not sure if I'll do one long round that will take me to the end of October or if I'll break it into two 21-day rounds. We will play it by ear.

So far, my losses have been great! I only had one STS day and that was yesterday (the day after training with weights.) I also experienced the hungries over and over again yesterday, but today I was down 1.6 or so more! Tomorrow will be my 7th VLCD, so technically it will just be my 6th VLCD weigh-in. Astonishing!

Dog rolled in doo-doo somehow today, so she got a bath in the yard. Good thing she's "doo" for her tick meds! When she's all dry and brushed out well, I'll put her meds on her. Then she'll be good until her next roll.

This almost turned into a real medical equipment day for me! As I was leaving my street to head to Wethersfield for the wheelchair, just 2 houses down there was a bedside commode out by the street! I told myself that if it was still there when I got back, I'd snag it. They are great when camping. Well, it was gone. I wish I'd grabbed it right then and there. Oh, well.

Going to take my pellets and my afternoon Cytomel, then head to the grocery store for a few items. I'm so happy!!!
Old 09-03-2012, 09:50 AM   #1100
Big Yapper!

Okay. Posting here just in case y'all are still around. I really have mainly been posting on the hcg thread that I linked above, so if you ever wonder where I'm at and how I'm doing, I can be found over there. Or just read my daily note!

Down 10 lbs in 7 VLCDs!!! Even with exercising at the gym! I can hardly believe this is working so well. It makes me wonder how each week on this round is going to go. Usually things slow way down after week one, but with the vigorous work-outs, will it help to speed up the fat loss? It's too soon to see any real difference in my body but MAN do I feel it inside!

Got the farm today and tomorrow. I think the horses are going to get more of a "light grooming" from me today. My arms are in recovery mode. I'll do my best but I'm hoping that I just take it easier today.

My bug bites from last Tuesday are finally healed but there is lingering discoloration on my forehead and temple areas from them! I had a really bad reaction that day. Today I will NOT be using the stuff they are now using on the horses. It isn't nearly as effective as the more expensive stuff they used before.

Yesterday I sold a vent-free propane wood stove, a wet/dry vac, a gasoline-powered leaf blower and a pair of hedge trimmers. I have money stashed away in my secret hiding place again!! Yahoooooo! And I have a lady who is interested in buying the entertainment center. It's rock-bottom prices but that's because no one buys them anymore. They've gone the way of the dinosaur.

I had a hard time falling asleep last night but I finally did nod-off. I hate when that happens. I heard that I'd sleep better after I began working out but I think it revs me up. I just LOVE going to the gym again and I'm wishing I hadn't waited so long. But there is a season for everything under Heaven and it is the season for kicking it into high-gear! My body is going to be looking more and more like it did when I was 28 and in the Air National Guard. It will be very interesting to see how I look at 50 and at my best. Quite the experiment!

Miss you ladies! Come out and say hello sometime. Let me know how you're doing!

Last edited by CherylB; 09-03-2012 at 09:57 AM..
Old 09-03-2012, 06:27 PM   #1101
Big Yapper!

I am so unbelievably wasted right now. I did so much work at the farm that I can hardly believe the weight isn't just melting off of me. Tomorrow will be better cause there is another girl that does Tuesdays and the staff girl said I shouldn't bother coming tomorrow until after 4 (meaning 4:30 or closer to 5, when the other woman arrives.) That way the work will be more evenly distributed.

There were a couple funny things that happened with the horses and goats today. The staff girl left the gate open from the paddock to one of the female horses' run-in and stall area and when I brought the two horses into that paddock from one that was farther away, they headed toward Lola's stall like it was an escape route! I caught up to them and they were inside her stall together, like the happily married couple that they are. Calvin was nibbling on Lola's grain bucket. I took them by their fly masks and headed them back out to the paddock. They didn't argue.

The goats are allowed to meander when we let them out of their day pen, so they can nibble on this and that and wander here and there. Eventually the party must end, so when the mother goat (Lucy) came to her stall of her own free will, I gave her a nudge and closed the gate. Then I went looking for her daughter, Ellen. She saw me coming. I pretended I was going to walk past her but as soon as we were within a few arm's lengths, she started to haul @$$. I grabbed onto her collar and we took off running! Finally she stopped and I got her in the stall, too. Mission accomplished!

Cowboy got a crappy grooming from me tonight because I had four of them to groom and he's such a hopeless case. He's like a darn yellow lab! YKWIM? You could brush them until pigs fly and there is always more hair to be had. So I made him look pretty and then put the last little ounce of energy I had into doing a good curry-combing on Calvin. He has this really wimpy curry comb in his grooming box and it is nice for the face but useless on his body. So I got him in the cross ties and used his partner's knobbier curry comb (Lola.) He really enjoyed it and I got a lot of fur and dirt out from underneath.

He's the oldest horse they have there and he used to be a race horse. The poor thing doesn't have many teeth and he has trouble eating and consequently does some pretty nasty "sliming." I got so slimed today from him! I came home right away and washed my clothes. I pre-treated the worst of it and I hope it all comes out. I like that dang shirt! By the time I was done grooming him, there was a puddle of green slime beneath his face. We splashed some water on top of it and then I broomed it out when I swept that side of the barn.

I know I'm going to sound pretty arrogant but they are so LUCKY to have me! I am a volunteer but I always work as though I'm being paid. It's just how I'm built. And I want to do my best for the animals, not just the facility. I don't know why they haven't snatched me off the job market yet. They know I'm looking for a job but they want people with more equine experience. (And probably younger and fitter.)

Sorry for this huge post. I could tell more stories but that's enough! Now I need to drag my freshly showered body into the kitchen and force down some food. I can't skip my protein meal. Not when I put these kinds of demands on my body. Ain't going there! I will take good care of myself.

Hugs and love all around!!! Looking forward to a new number on the scale tomorrow. Whoosh Fairy, don't be stingy!
Old 09-03-2012, 07:46 PM   #1102
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sounds like you had fun today. I like your stories. You should sleep well tonight!
Hubby cooked out today but I didnt eat any of it bc the butthead put barbeque sauce on EVERYTHING! So I ate soup.
Cramping pretty bad last night and today so hope tomorrow it eases up. Thank goodness for my heating pad!
Well, ttys!
Old 09-03-2012, 08:14 PM   #1103
Big Yapper!

Sorry you are cramping. Thank goodness for a heating pad is right! I love mine when my lower back is sore. It helps so much. I'm glad something helps you!

I will be asleep very soon, I hope. Just popped a second Restoril. I need REST. It's not coming along without a fight. But I will get there, and hopefully I will be able to sleep long into the morning hours.

He put sugary bbq sauce on all that meat? He IS a butthead! I hope your soup tasted good.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:13 PM   #1104
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hope you are sleeping, I will be soon.
Yeah, he cooked hamburgers, chicken and hot sausage. He put BBQ sauce on every one of those. Made me really mad too. Yep, my soup was good. I heated up one of those Progresso low calorie soups. I like those. I was so hungry bc I hadn't eaten all day and it was 5:30 when it was done.
Well, gonna lay my head down now. Good night
Old 09-04-2012, 10:49 PM   #1105
Big Yapper!

Just wrote about my equine day on another thread and wanted to post it over here too. Hope you are all well this evening. It's raining here. 0150 and I'm off to try and sleep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB
When the program isn't in session at the therapy place, it's so "basic." Just the volunteer (one or two) and the staff person (a young girl, in her early 20's.) Just us and the horses. It's simple and we know what needs to be done and things are in a certain order. But on program days, it's anything but! There are way too many people, different horses are being used for different children and people are coming to and from the barn. Horses are being groomed and tacked up for the lesson, then off they go to the arena.

Well, the ringleaders are the Instructors. Then there are the team leaders who do the horse-centered parts of the classes, and the side-walkers who walk beside the person who is riding. I tried to become a leader but I wasn't deemed ready for that. Since my entire focus is the horses, I didn't want to get involved with the side-walking and just opted-out of being a part of the program. I just go and do the equine care during my hours.

Well, the next session of program began this week, but because yesterday was a holiday, the first lessons were today. With five of the horses being used in program today, that left two left to be groomed. I was going to bring one of them down but wasn't sure where to hook them up because there was one horse being readied for a lesson and I could see another one coming back to the barn after his lesson was over. So I kind of didn't know what to do with myself but wanted to be doing something.

So this instructor lead this horse into one side of the barn, preparing for his post-lesson grooming. I knew from personal experience that he doesn't like being in that part of the barn. He is a "cribber" and wears a collar to keep him from chewing on things. But when he's in the cross-ties on that side of the barn, he backs up until he has pressure between his halter (attached to the cross ties) and then he is physically able to do something that is essentially sucking air. It is similar to cribbing and is dangerous for the horse.

Well, I offered to groom this horse as a favor to whomever was about to groom him, since I like to groom them and there weren't many left to groom. They were glad that I offered but then the instructor hung back to help me remove a certain type of bridle that he was wearing. I told her I wasn't familiar with how it came off. Then she started instructing me in other ways. "Don't let the lead rope hit the floor like that. It's very dangerous." I told her that I'd been doing this work twice a week for 9 months, to remind her that I wasn't a newbie.

Then I voiced concern over grooming him in this area of the barn and explained what he does. "He doesn't decide where to go, you tell him." He immediately started to back up and suck air so I pulled him forward, took the cross ties off his halter and put his lead rope back on. I said, "I'll just wait for X to be done on the other cross ties and I'll move him over there and groom him." Then I led him out of the barn and took him over to munch on some grass while we waited.

Soon X horse was out and so I brought him in and got him all set up in the cross ties. I started to groom him and the instructor called me over to her. She told me that she was offended that I didn't listen to her. That when she says to do something, it should be done. I was in shock! I wasn't aware that someone not involved with program was under the authority of any instructor. So I said the reason for moving him over to the other side and explained it all again. I told her that it is impossible to give him a groom if as soon as you let go of his face, he starts to back up. I told her I'd been through that with him once before and that it was futile.

I then reminded her that although she said we needed to make the horse do what it is we want them to do, I brought up how she is adamant that no one goes into this other horse's stall when she's in it because she "doesn't like it" and we should respect her and not go in there when she's in it (unless it can't be helped.) So I said bringing the horse over to the side of the barn that he can tolerate was the same thing!

I said I was sorry that I offended her and that wasn't my intention, but that I knew what I was talking about.

It didn't bother me that much when it happened. I just figured she got her nose out of joint and it was her issue and not mine. But as time went on this evening, I've been able to think of nothing else. I remembered why I switched my barn days in the past to avoid program days and so I started to do just that. I examined the schedule and the calendar and decided to stop doing Tuesdays and pick up Saturdays (no program in the afternoon on Saturday this semester.)

I emailed the equine manager and she says she's all set for Saturday (which is very odd cause she's been looking for Saturday help for a long time. Maybe she meant morning help.) I told her I'd still do Monday for the rest of this month (also a damn program day) because I'm all she's got on Monday, but that I wanted her to look for someone to replace me. She wrote back and said she really needed me for Monday and Saturday was okay as it is. I told her my reservations about doing equine care on program days and now she wants me to call her tomorrow.

OMG. What a freaking fiasco! I work hard, two days a week. All I want is to be left to do the job. Leave me out of the drama! I didn't sign up for that. If I'm not getting paid, I damn well better be having a good time (my version of a good time) when I'm there. If not, I'll see ya when program ends (in the middle of NOVEMBER!)

So, I'm going to take my meds now. Maybe writing all this crap down has helped me somewhat. I doubt it, but maybe. I hope we all have an AMAZING SCALE DAY in the morning. I'm ready!
Old 09-05-2012, 07:02 PM   #1106
Blabbermouth!!!

Sounds both insulting and stressful, Cheryl. I'd have wanted to smack that lady. Oh, people and their egos, yaknow?
Old 09-05-2012, 07:46 PM   #1107
Big Yapper!

Yeah. Control freaks! Oh, well. Actually, I got her email addy today and wrote her a letter. She wrote back and even apologized to me for not explaining more about why she wanted the horse left on that side of the barn. We're good once again and there are no worries. I'm glad and I will just be more aware in the future. And I won't offer to do ANYTHING that involves the program session, even though this was just grooming the horse after the lesson was through.

How are things going for you, Jessica? I know you had a busy weekend but we're now closing out on Hump Day. How is everything moving along? Still working out in the kitchen? I'm going to the gym tomorrow for weights and cardio. Today was supposed to be the pool but I decided that after three days of hard labor, it was time to rest.

I changed my barn schedule tonight. I talked it over with the equine care manager and explained all that had happened on Tuesday and why I don't like doing equine care on program days, yada yada. So I will do Mondays for a while longer because she has absolutely no one to do that day, and I will change from Tuesdays to Saturdays, beginning the 15th. I told her to please try and find someone to replace me on Mondays cause I'm going to the gym and looking for a job and it's highly unlikely I can keep doing two days there as a volunteer.

I feel at peace about this. And if I make these changes NOW, I will dodge the huge bullets of the Christmas Eve/Day and New Year's Eve/Day which fall on Mondays and Tuesdays this year. It pays to plan ahead. After the New Year, if I'm still not working, I'll pick up an extra day.

Off to sleep now. Going to read something non-stimulating. Sleep tight, ladies!
Old 09-05-2012, 07:49 PM   #1108
Big Yapper!

PS: Whoosh fairy, come hither! Long time no see, woman.
Old 09-06-2012, 01:17 PM   #1109
Big Yapper!

Went to the gym today for weights and cardio. Did only the rowing machine for 30 minutes. It doesn't make me sweat at level 5 so I guess I need to put it up around 7 to get the full benefit from it. It could be a sign that I'm getting more fit already! I can see a change on the Nautilus machines, too. The overhead press used to be nearly impossible for me to do. I'd be grunting and groaning and arching my back to just get 8 reps with 20 lbs. I did 20 lbs today with no difficulty at all! Yippee!!!!

Now I'm resting and letting my food digest. Hope everyone is doing well. Tammy, miss talking with you. How is everything going?
Old 09-06-2012, 08:56 PM   #1110
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hi cheryl, i visited with my niece/goddaughter today and saw baby Aalaiya. She is sooo cute and I took Chloe with me. I took hubs to work and met my daughter at mcdonalds close to her bf's house and got chloe. She loved the baby and kissed her. She played with her feet and was touching her arms so gentle. I kept telling her to be easy and she listened. We stayed there about 2 hrs then went tol my MIL's for 2 hrs. Then chloe was tired so we left. Got home about 6:30 and chloe slept the whole way home (40 mins) then went back to sleep at 7 after I gave her a banana and some milk. She ate spaghetti at my MIL's.
I'm tired bc chloe keeps waking me up in the morning when I could sleep in! I'll have her at 9 a.m., but shes with her mom for the night at the bf's house. My eyes are watering so going to sleep.
Good job at the gym!
Closed Thread